PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich sign Leon Best

Brin
30-08-2016, 03:46 PM
A player supposedly surplus to requirements is taken on by a club bigger than ours....

Does Stubbs really know his onions?

caytonmiller
30-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Posted this on the striker wanted thread. I'm guessing all that **** pop-ups are making you blind ;)

CAMiller
30-08-2016, 03:50 PM
A player supposedly surplus to requirements is taken on by a club bigger than ours....

Does Stubbs really know his onions?

He does but he also knows we can only afford pickling ones XD

millers88
30-08-2016, 03:53 PM
He weren't really that good though tbf, he wasnt that quick, turned like a bus and finishing bang average, he was strong and half decent in the air thats it really for me glad we didn't offer him another deal.

Back of the net
30-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Looked not interested half the time.

Lacked work rate in my opinion.

millertop
30-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Like I said on The other thread .

Best did not want to be here so no point in trying to blame Stubbs for that one

dantpen
30-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Yeh, im fairly sure we offered him a contract but he turned us down. Probably never had any intention on staying and used us at the back end of last season to get himself in the shop window for this season.

Brin
30-08-2016, 07:23 PM
He weren't really that good though tbf, he wasnt that quick, turned like a bus and finishing bang average, he was strong and half decent in the air thats it really for me glad we didn't offer him another deal.we'll see when he helps bury us

CAMiller
30-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm beginning to spot a common theme on here. The players we had weren't good enough, the players we have aren't good enough, the players we are thinking of getting aren't good enough and the players we will get won't be good enough :D Sounds like we should just pack it in.

mellowmiller
30-08-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm beginning to spot a common theme on here. The players we had weren't good enough, the players we have aren't good enough, the players we are thinking of getting aren't good enough and the players we will get won't be good enough :D Sounds like we should just pack it in.

Anyone who suffered at Barnsley would say we already have :blue:

mellowmiller
30-08-2016, 07:47 PM
The interesting thing about Best was that Warnock said he would be some player this season when he was fully fit (which he clearly wasn't last season).
There's contracts and then there's contracts and I suspect the one we offered him was probably derisory so he turned it down.
I bet if Warnock had taken the manager's job, Best would still be here.

mygiddypant
30-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Quite a good summary that, CAM. Who needs a glass half full when you can sup it all and then feel despondent cos there's nowt left?!