PDA

View Full Version : who will be left to sign

millers888
30-08-2016, 05:49 PM
what the hell is happening here everyone linked to us has signed elsewhere.

if we dont do some business in the striker area we probably doomed .

i would go for cummings give him a chance .

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 05:55 PM
We will not have a goalscorer in place by the deadline - a forward maybe, but not a goalscorer. Acido had a point - perhaps we need more time to build properly rather than constant firefighting - perhaps that is why AS has been brought in?

a123
30-08-2016, 06:00 PM
If that's the case why sack Redfearn last season who you could claim was following a similar path to Stubbs?

Why not take the pain last year and be well into the re-building phase and taking league 1 by storm now?

I think the last thing in Tony Stewart's planning is relegation to league one, the next 28 hours will show us just how desperate he is to stay up.

Anyone who thinks it will be easy to drop in to league 1, sign a few good young players and come roaring back by doing a Barnsley are showing blind faith, ask any Blades mates you have how easy it is to get out of league 1.

mikemiller
30-08-2016, 06:01 PM
If anybody who works for Barnsley FC or Ipswich Town FC is reading this, we have put in a bid for Jordan Slew

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, he would be better than Madine Mikemiller.

caytonmiller
30-08-2016, 06:08 PM
A123. You can't compare what barnsley did to Sheff u. Sheff u keep chopping n changing managers. Throw another 3 million on players. Sell ones at a loss. Then repeat.
Let's be honest. Barnsley were very lucky last season. It could and should have been 2 from the 3 who got relegated the season before who should have come back up.
Millwall sold several players and were still strong enough to make the playoff final.
Wigan cruised to promotion.
The gulf is massive. If Sheff u want promotion they need to stick to one manager for 2/3 seasons and pray.

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 06:12 PM
A123. You can't compare what barnsley did to Sheff u. Sheff u keep chopping n changing managers. Throw another 3 million on players. Sell ones at a loss. Then repeat.
Let's be honest. Barnsley were very lucky last season. It could and should have been 2 from the 3 who got relegated the season before who should have come back up.
Millwall sold several players and were still strong enough to make the playoff final.
Wigan cruised to promotion.
The gulf is massive. If Sheff u want promotion they need to stick to one manager for 2/3 seasons and pray.

sound familiar?

a123
30-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Barnsley are hardly the model of stability when it comes to keeping managers for any length of time and I agree they were very lucky last season to achieve what they did.

The point I'm trying to make is that there seems to be an attitude amongst a section of our fans that a drop to league 1 will be a easy season of pain before we come roaring back to take the Championship by storm.

I don't share their optimism and personally believe if we go down it will be several years before we are back.

Also the difference between league 1 and the Championship gets wider year on year which will make it even more difficult when we come back up and lead to us becoming the stereotypical yo-yo club.

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Get Caolan Lavery please - young, hungry, good potential and at least he would put a shift in plus!

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Thought he'd gone to the Blunts

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Barnsley are hardly the model of stability when it comes to keeping managers for any length of time and I agree they were very lucky last season to achieve what they did.

The point I'm trying to make is that there seems to be an attitude amongst a section of our fans that a drop to league 1 will be a easy season of pain before we come roaring back to take the Championship by storm.

I don't share their optimism and personally believe if we go down it will be several years before we are back.

Also the difference between league 1 and the Championship gets wider year on year which will make it even more difficult when we come back up and lead to us becoming the stereotypical yo-yo club.

A football season is 46 games long and just because you accumulate the majority of your points during the second half of the season matters not , we gained enough points to qualify for the play offs and drew the top team Walsall who we despatched 6-1 on aggregate , we completed the job comfortably beating Millwall 3-1 , no penalty shoot outs required , three emphatic play off victories on the back of a 4-1 win at champions Wigan on the final day to get us through the door .

Nowt lucky about it , if we'd gelled sooner in the season we'd have won the league by a country mile .

a123
30-08-2016, 06:35 PM
A football season is 46 games long and just because you accumulate the majority of your points during the second half of the season matters not , we gained enough points to qualify for the play offs and drew the top team Walsall who we despatched 6-1 on aggregate , we completed the job comfortably beating Millwall 3-1 , no penalty shoot outs required , three emphatic play off victories on the back of a 4-1 win at champions Wigan on the final day to get us through the door .

Nowt lucky about it , if we'd gelled sooner in the season we'd have won the league by a country mile .

**** me you can certainly tell who won 4-0 on Saturday you and Acido haven't been off here since!!!!

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Making considered comments, by and large - refreshing change from some clubs it has to be said

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 06:38 PM
You have to laugh at our predicament though. PMSL at this tweet.

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 2h
#rufc chasing 3 deals before the dead line. 2 permanents, 1 loan. Nothing expected today.
21 retweets 10 likes
Reply Retweet 21
Like 10
More

Follow

KesCalton
‏@kescalton
@Gids1980 so basically Barnsley will be signing 2 permanents and a Loan �� #rufc

a123
30-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Making considered comments, by and large - refreshing change from some clubs it has to be said

Not saying they have been gloating Saw but they weren't on here anywhere near as much until then!!

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 06:46 PM
**** me you can certainly tell who won 4-0 on Saturday you and Acido haven't been off here since!!!!

Still haven't forgiven you lot for LUCKILY nicking the 3rd division title off us in 81

;D

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 06:54 PM
OK fellow oldie - you played Newport at home and won and we then beat Plymouth at home 2-1 - if my memory is still working?

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 07:02 PM
OK fellow oldie - you played Newport at home and won and we then beat Plymouth at home 2-1 - if my memory is still working?

Aye that's right mate , you won 2-0 at Millmoor in September and we won 1-0 at Oakwell to clinch promotion in April , however we also won at Millmoor in the FA cup second round which made us the better team that season and therefore you stole the title off us .

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Ah happy days and we had a team then that would take this league by storm and 10 times better than than one we have now.Was the 1-0 win at Oakwell the game where a certain Mr Moore wore a policemans helmet and conducted your fans in a sing song animal?

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Aye that's right mate , you won 2-0 at Millmoor in September and we won 1-0 at Oakwell to clinch promotion in April , however we also won at Millmoor in the FA cup second round which made us the better team that season and therefore you stole the title off us .

....you should'a seen us com in'...

happy days!

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 07:17 PM
another name...

Macheda, forward just been released by Cardiff - knocked a few in on loan at Brum couple of seasons back...

millers88
30-08-2016, 07:24 PM
another name...

Macheda, forward just been released by Cardiff - knocked a few in on loan at Brum couple of seasons back...

Actually thought about this one myself earlier when i found out he left Cardiff, can hold the ball and decent enough at finishing but his work rate seems a bit poor whenever ive seen him but if gets the goals who cares. I reckon he would have to take a cut in wages if he came but he can only say yes or no, probably worth asking.

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Could be a good shout they have mutually cancelled his contract which suggests he is off somewhere, Got to be better than Madine.

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Ah happy days and we had a team then that would take this league by storm and 10 times better than than one we have now.Was the 1-0 win at Oakwell the game where a certain Mr Moore wore a policemans helmet and conducted your fans in a sing song animal?

Well my memory of Ronnie and his love affair with us Tykes began after your 2-0 win at Millmoor in September 1980 , I believe Ronnie notched his first goal for you and your second that day .

Now having enjoyed the plaudits from the Millmoor faithful up the tunnel at the side of us tykes he went with a few " well done Ronnie " no doubt from us fair minded Dingles , he must have become overwhelmed at our sporting gesture and preceded to come back down the tunnel and celebrate some more , we of course lapped it up , a 2-0 derby defeat to your South Yorkshire rivals tends to do that .

The rest as they say is history .

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Well my memory of Ronnie and his love affair with us Tykes began after your 2-0 win at Millmoor in September 1980 , I believe Ronnie notched his first goal for you and your second that day .

Now having enjoyed the plaudits from the Millmoor faithful up the tunnel at the side of us tykes he went with a few " well done Ronnie " no doubt from us fair minded Dingles , he must have become overwhelmed at our sporting gesture and preceded to come back down the tunnel and celebrate some more , we of course lapped it up , a 2-0 derby defeat to your South Yorkshire rivals tends to do that .

The rest as they say is history .

pretty good memory you've got - most of us need Wikepedia or Google of a similar age!

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Tony Towner was a great player , socks rolled down jinking down the wing , he could cross a ball and then some , Rodney Fern too was a good un with Stancliffe at the back with Brechin , good side indeed and that period for both clubs was fantastic if over rather two quickly .

Once Aylott departed we were never the same and I seemed to remember you were relegated in your second season which surprised a lot of tykes .

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 07:41 PM
You must be in your mid to late 50's? You had Ronnie Glavin didn't you? Scottish lad and a handy goalscorer as well? Derrick Parker in midfield - and Ian Banks? (who later played for us, along with his lad, Ollie Banks later on...)

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 07:45 PM
pretty good memory you've got - most of us need Wikepedia or Google of a similar age!

Aye well I can remember games from 36 years ago no problem but some of the recent stuff is a different story , mind you those Tykes v Millers games were very keenly contested at that time , great contests .

The 4-2 game at Millmoor is legendary this side of Wath , still got it somewhere on VHS with Martin Tyler doing the commentary .

CAMiller
30-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Tony Towner was a great player , socks rolled down jinking down the wing , he could cross a ball and then some , Rodney Fern too was a good un with Stancliffe at the back with Brechin , good side indeed and that period for both clubs was fantastic if over rather two quickly .

Once Aylott departed we were never the same and I seemed to remember you were relegated in your second season which surprised a lot of tykes .

True, and had we taken 4pts off you in 81/2 instead of 0pts we would have made it to the promised land. I blame Ian Banks ;D

When Aylott came back to Oakwell with Bournemouth my cousin was getting ready to go to the game to see him and his girlfriend told him it's Trevor Aylott or me. The rest they say is history XD

sawmiller
30-08-2016, 07:48 PM
VHS - blimey - get it on EBay, it'll be worth a small fortune!

Have a friend who put an original IBM PC in good working condition into an auction last year and I was staggered at how much that went for...

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 07:49 PM
You must be in your mid to late 50's? You had Ronnie Glavin didn't you? Scottish lad and a handy goalscorer as well? Derrick Parker in midfield - and Ian Banks? (who later played for us, along with his lad, Ollie Banks later on...)

Yes I'm 54 sawmiller , I remember going to watch Rotherham against Blackpool early 90s and Banksy was in your side that day and crashed home the winner in the last minute , should have gone further in the game Ian Banks , had all the ability but liked his ale .

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Aye remember standing on the slag tip in the open at Oakwell with it pi ssing it down watching us lose probably on more than one occasion..not always fun, at least I stayed dry on Saturday.These young uns and all that...

animallittle3
30-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Aye remember standing on the slag tip in the open at Oakwell with it pi ssing it down watching us lose probably on more than one occasion..not always fun, at least I stayed dry on Saturday.These young uns and all that...

British Rail Football Specials complete with a deck of cards and a carry bag full of tinned lager not forgetting the slightly knotted silk scarf was the way to go in the early 80s .

Coming out onto Millmoor Lane afterwards was an experience in those days and back to the rail station , you had to have your wits about you , got it easy these young lads today .

millertop
30-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Gary Madine

millers88
30-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Gary Madine

We are desperate if we end up signing him would be a shocking signing compared to the other strikers we've been linked with.

rolymiller
30-08-2016, 09:07 PM
le fondre going to wigan should just be able to see madine now at the bottom of the barrel

Back of the net
30-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Has Alfie been prolific recently ?

mikemiller
30-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Roly, when you mentioned Santa, I thought that you meant one of the Santa Cruz brothers.... but, if we signed Madine it wouldn't be a good idea as most of the Millers fans would be on his back straight away, especially after the Wednesday "Three Crocked Amigos" signed by Steve Evans. I hope that Stubbsy will be able to understand that, and how it could alienate a lot of Milllers supporters, and even cut his managerial stay short.

gm_gm
30-08-2016, 09:55 PM
This is getting silly now?

gwru
30-08-2016, 11:12 PM
If we are only getting 1 striker in hope they're a bigger unit than Armstrong & La Fondre. Perm' signings striker/left back. Loan another big striker. 1 more would be a Centre back.

monty_rhodes
31-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Tony told me not to panic as we have several irons in the fire. There would have been signings but the players are commited at Rio from 7th September.

redhouse
31-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Tony told me not to panic as we have several irons in the fire. There would have been signings but the players are commited at Rio from 7th September.

Is there really any need to post tasteless rubbish like this :blue:

Back of the net
31-08-2016, 10:20 AM

What are you suggesting ?