PDA

View Full Version : Transfer record 'Reach'ed

aussieowl
01-09-2016, 06:10 AM
5 million possibly 7 with add ons....long time since last we did that, Di Canio in 97.

Hope the lad is worth it, can't say I've really noticed him that much before, then again I'd never heard of Hirsty before we signed him either...:D:D:D

dmb
01-09-2016, 06:56 AM
5 million possibly 7 with add ons....long time since last we did that, Di Canio in 97.

Hope the lad is worth it, can't say I've really noticed him that much before, then again I'd never heard of Hirsty before we signed him either...:D:D:D
Looks to be a good acquisition Aussie. 23 and English so plenty of time to develop hence the hefty transfer fee.
He can play left wing or left back works hard looking forward to seeing him play next week

banno
01-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Looks to be a good acquisition Aussie. 23 and English so plenty of time to develop hence the hefty transfer fee.
He can play left wing or left back works hard looking forward to seeing him play next week

The transfer fees being paid for players is madness, especially in the prem. Don't know too much about Reach but from reports sounds like the kind of player we need.
The truth is that if we want to be at the promotion party at the end of the season, that's the kind of money you have to spend. Time will tell if he's worth it but at least no one can say we aren't giving it a go.
Exciting times at Hillsborough

dmb
01-09-2016, 11:45 AM
The transfer fees being paid for players is madness, especially in the prem. Don't know too much about Reach but from reports sounds like the kind of player we need.
The truth is that if we want to be at the promotion party at the end of the season, that's the kind of money you have to spend. Time will tell if he's worth it but at least no one can say we aren't giving it a go.

It also makes a refreshing change not to be seen as a selling club like our skint neighbours. Their chairman's done it again, another transfer window and their young talent flogged off again

hirstyboywonder
01-09-2016, 11:05 PM

The prices are ridiculous now, can't deny that. Look at Newcastle bringing in over £50M for 2 players that were abysmal for them last season and Villa paying up to £15M for a striker that has never played in the top flight.

Boro fans seem pleased with the fee they received but in the main are disappointed to lose him and feel he will do well for us. Good player with a good attitude and his best years ahead of him.

Having got Sasso recently and with Loovens ready to return I am not surprised we didn't go for a centre-back but a little disappointed we didn't get a left-back in or move on more of the players that won't get a look in.

aussieowl
01-09-2016, 11:27 PM
The prices are ridiculous now, can't deny that. Look at Newcastle bringing in over £50M for 2 players that were abysmal for them last season and Villa paying up to £15M for a striker that has never played in the top flight.

Boro fans seem pleased with the fee they received but in the main are disappointed to lose him and feel he will do well for us. Good player with a good attitude and his best years ahead of him.

Having got Sasso recently and with Loovens ready to return I am not surprised we didn't go for a centre-back but a little disappointed we didn't get a left-back in or move on more of the players that won't get a look in.

Apparently Reach can play left back as well, we still have Helan at a push so maybe not so desperate.

I might be on my own thinking this but right back is more of a problem for me, Hunt & Palmer are OK but I'd like to see some real quality there...too much to ask for another Roland I suppose..:D, having said that though we might already have a quality right back at the club, Lee or Hutch would be better than Hunt & Palmer, which would also free up a midfield spot now that we have 8 players who are looking to fill four spots.

Squad wise we are looking as strong as I can remember, I just hope we can keep them all happy, some on Owlstalk are even suggesting Bannan to be dropped, can't see it myself but you never know with all the payers we have, we are very close to Carlos having the two quality players for each position now, hope he knows how to get the best out of them.

aussieowl
01-09-2016, 11:33 PM
About Roland, my mate went to the 91 cup win reunion the other week, reckons he looks just as fit now as then...maybe worth a punt..;D.

He was also talking to John Sheridan, says he was very disappointed at some of the players who didn't show...good night though.