PDA

View Full Version : Has Lafferty Signed?

frogmiller
01-09-2016, 06:11 AM
I was just going through the tweets from last night and came across one fro EFL70 which says that Lyle Rafferty has signed from Norwich.

gm_gm
01-09-2016, 06:52 AM
I was just going through the tweets from last night and came across one fro EFL70 which says that Lyle Rafferty has signed from Norwich.

We must have spoken to 20 plus players and agents to secure a single signing, a nine**** year old on loan with 7 appearances under his belt who may be a bench warmer.

This must represent our worst return in any transfer window ever, these record breaking multi-million pound offers seem to be press talk with little substance.

PeteWaller
01-09-2016, 08:19 AM

I saw it too Frog and made the mistake of posting we had signed him. That was the dripping on the cake for me. What a shambles. We all wait and wait and wait and wait …………………….. and we sign a 19 year old CB.
Was so excited that Lafferty was coming and at the time, it seemed possible with Ricky Lambert going to Cardiff instead of him.

Stupid me to think we have an ounce of ambition.

mellowmiller
01-09-2016, 08:44 AM
I saw it too Frog and made the mistake of posting we had signed him. That was the dripping on the cake for me. What a shambles. We all wait and wait and wait and wait …………………….. and we sign a 19 year old CB.
Was so excited that Lafferty was coming and at the time, it seemed possible with Ricky Lambert going to Cardiff instead of him.

Stupid me to think we have an ounce of ambition.

Pete, what's happened to you? You were one of our main happy clappers!
Being serious though, even the most ardent optimist must feel thoroughly deflated at the lack of activity yesterday.
I've been concerned about our shambolic recruitment policy this season and to fail to recruit even one striker throughout the entire transfer window period is unforgivable, not to mention negligent.
Something doesn't feel right but I expect the club will trot out some platitudes explaining why things didn't work out as planned.
The problem now is a lot of supporters won't believe a word of what is being said and Tony Stewart has a massive job on his hands to rebuild trust.
I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like if we lose at home against Bristol City, particularly if we fail to score.

hotun
01-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Calm down Pete,difficult to stay positive,but it would be a lot worse if we had paid the ransom fees and wages being demanded by greedy players and agents and we ran up massive debts.Plenty of players out of work some will come our way for sure,but hopefully the right ones.Stubbs is a tough character and will not be detered by any abuse and insults.A difficult day yesterday for fans expectations and only time will tell what the outcome will be,especially the next five games.Mixed feelings for me,but my loyalty to my club has not wavered and talk from some about cancelling direct debits is badly thought out but its an understandable reaction.

PeteWaller
01-09-2016, 09:33 AM
No doubt like many others, I am over reacting. I am passionate about our club. I get that. I am just at a loss to see how we are better off in terms of quality than we were at the back end of last season. It is almost impossible to compete in this league when as Kempo keeps telling us we only have peanuts. I totally buy into a "Barnsley" type of strategy, buy young upcoming players and sell them on. Surely though there has to be a pathway for this. You cannot chuck so many inexperienced youngsters on to the pitch and expect them to perform without the guidance of experienced old hands and a properly thought out manager strategy. This is not Man U where "you don't win anything with kids" those kids grew up through their ranks together. These kids are a long way from home, not played alongside each other, in a club that has more turnover in terms of players than any other EFL club, has a high manager turnover, has very limited financial muscle and conference league standard training facilities. It asks them to play football from the back and most of them don't seem to want the ball. Anyone can see our defence has no protection from our midfield which would be hard pressed to blow out a candle. Where's the guts and thunder? Who is gonna score goals now? Danny Ward is made to look bad by playing him in a lone striker role that he simply isn't equipped to do. Yes like all true Millers fans I'll continue to support but why do we have to be told BS when it is clear there is no intention of bringing a "name" to the NYS. We need a hero. One thing not spending the additional TV monies on getting players in but surely we can afford decent wages with that money. Where is it going to be spent. Not on extending the stadium, not on players, not on scouting and perhaps we won't bother to build the state of the art new training facilities.

AS and TS give us something. Stop the BS. You will lose your credibility and the trust of many if you don't let us know what the actual strategy for the club is. you cannot tell us it's mid table or anything other than a fight again for survival. From what I have seen apart from 30 minutes against Wolves, we are certain to drop.

My day yesterday was clinging on to the hope that we would get some quality in. A saddo, glued to Sky and listening to Radio Dee Dar, wife looking at me like I was a kid in a sweet shop without any money. For what? Smallwood goes out on loan. What planet am I on.

Luv this club but it is evident the club don't luv me.

Sulk over now Hotun. We move on Mellow and I hope these young signings can rally and give us a fighting spirit and that AS is given time to bring out what he obviously sees in them. Gonna have to take me banner down now though, coz I am no longer "Living the Dream"

frogmiller
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Well that one fooled me this morning.

I was truely hoping that we had done a deal.

After the loss at Barnsley Stubbs said that players would leave well the two players that left played no part in the loss did they?

a123
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM
No we haven't signed Lafferty.

AS said "It's not in my plans to have someone up front who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Instead I intend to play Danny Ward as an isolated forward, whilst having a number of lightweight unfit midfielder's supposedly bombing forward to support him to assist with the goal tally. The fact that this totally exposes my slow, ponderous, unfit, defenders and means the opposition can score at will doesn't matter because if they score 3, Danny and the midfield will score four."

mellowmiller
01-09-2016, 10:26 AM
No doubt like many others, I am over reacting. I am passionate about our club. I get that. I am just at a loss to see how we are better off in terms of quality than we were at the back end of last season. It is almost impossible to compete in this league when as Kempo keeps telling us we only have peanuts. I totally buy into a "Barnsley" type of strategy, buy young upcoming players and sell them on. Surely though there has to be a pathway for this. You cannot chuck so many inexperienced youngsters on to the pitch and expect them to perform without the guidance of experienced old hands and a properly thought out manager strategy. This is not Man U where "you don't win anything with kids" those kids grew up through their ranks together. These kids are a long way from home, not played alongside each other, in a club that has more turnover in terms of players than any other EFL club, has a high manager turnover, has very limited financial muscle and conference league standard training facilities. It asks them to play football from the back and most of them don't seem to want the ball. Anyone can see our defence has no protection from our midfield which would be hard pressed to blow out a candle. Where's the guts and thunder? Who is gonna score goals now? Danny Ward is made to look bad by playing him in a lone striker role that he simply isn't equipped to do. Yes like all true Millers fans I'll continue to support but why do we have to be told BS when it is clear there is no intention of bringing a "name" to the NYS. We need a hero. One thing not spending the additional TV monies on getting players in but surely we can afford decent wages with that money. Where is it going to be spent. Not on extending the stadium, not on players, not on scouting and perhaps we won't bother to build the state of the art new training facilities.

AS and TS give us something. Stop the BS. You will lose your credibility and the trust of many if you don't let us know what the actual strategy for the club is. you cannot tell us it's mid table or anything other than a fight again for survival. From what I have seen apart from 30 minutes against Wolves, we are certain to drop.

My day yesterday was clinging on to the hope that we would get some quality in. A saddo, glued to Sky and listening to Radio Dee Dar, wife looking at me like I was a kid in a sweet shop without any money. For what? Smallwood goes out on loan. What planet am I on.

Sulk over now Hotun. We move on Mellow and I hope these young signings can rally and give us a fighting spirit and that AS is given time to bring out what he obviously sees in them. Gonna have to take me banner down now though, coz I am no longer "Living the Dream"

Well said Pete, an excellent summary of what many of us feel.
Over to you Mr Stewart, we'll be very interested in your next statement.

millertop
01-09-2016, 10:28 AM
No it was speculation by. A certain someone, we were never going to sign him

kempo
01-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Cracking post Pete.

You seem to have had a Damasclean moment.

lbj
01-09-2016, 11:01 AM
HotUn @08:46 I think said it well - somethings are simply beyond our control !

I'm looking g forward to this season panning out to be honest - we are David v Golliath's!

We have a small stone and only one stone - we have to aim it well !

That's what we're doing !

O'h ye of little faith !

Here endeth the sermon ....

PS: I did get an 'O' level in religious knowledge....let us prey !

Anderson Council
01-09-2016, 11:15 AM

The "Negative Thinkers" seem to have upper hand Pete and I can really understand why. The problem is that come 10th September this will more than likely mirror itself in the attendance and atmosphere at NYS. I am worried about lack of signings and Smallwood and Thorpe going and like you cling to the first half against Wolves. But, there was something there and I just hope it can be recreated on a a more frequent basis. If, and its a big if, we can play that kind of football over 90 minutes then result will come.

So chin up mate.

great post by the way.

mellowmiller
01-09-2016, 12:26 PM
It's a bit much calling people negative thinkers because they express concern at what is happening at our club after everything that was promised (again) by the chairman.
Once again the reasons for failure are laid at the doors of others, nasty agents, greedy players etc. Well, welcome to the real world. If you leave it to the last minute to do your business you're likely to find that the other guy has the upper hand.
Personally I think the infrastructure to deal with recruitment is totally inadequate and once again we have been left miles behind because we're desperate.
As for the first 25 minutes against Wolves, yes we played some terrific stuff but, as soon as their manager realised we were being given too much time on the ball he did something about it and we ended up hanging on against 10 men.
Stubbs got totally out managed in that game and didn't know what to do about it. Unfortunately, from what I've seen since, he still doesn't seem to know how to react to setbacks.

Pocket rocket
01-09-2016, 01:02 PM
The negatives or the happy clappers its just the way it is.

I think most on here just want the club to do well and are frustrated I know I am.

I refuse though to go down the route of blaming all and sundrie when we are 5 games in.

A lot can change in time.

Will it I hope so and yes I'm a happy clapper and that's because its a long season when things can go differently than expected.

Stubbs and TS are getting a lot of stick you can argue they deserve it so OK no problem.

If though and it is a big if we have a good season I hope some on here will come on and apologise although I doubt it.

Utm always

mellowmiller
01-09-2016, 01:55 PM
The negatives or the happy clappers its just the way it is.

I think most on here just want the club to do well and are frustrated I know I am.

I refuse though to go down the route of blaming all and sundrie when we are 5 games in.

A lot can change in time.

Will it I hope so and yes I'm a happy clapper and that's because its a long season when things can go differently than expected.

Stubbs and TS are getting a lot of stick you can argue they deserve it so OK no problem.

If though and it is a big if we have a good season I hope some on here will come on and apologise although I doubt it.

Utm always

Pocket, as always you're going to get extremes on both sides of the argument.
Some people have blind faith that everything will be alright in the end even though there's little evidence to support that belief. Others take the polar opposite view and lash out at all and sundry.
I consider my views to be moderate but I stand by my belief that our recruitment efforts in this transfer window have been both shambolic and embarrassing.
It appears that the organisation to deal with this very important side of the business is woefully inadequate and once again we've been left miles behind at this crucial time.
It's as though we've learned nothing from our previous two seasons in the Championship and even the most red and white eyed Millers supporters must surely feel let down by the latest turn of events.
Having said that, like most true supporters, I only want my club to do well.
I will continue to support them at home and at quite a lot of away games but I have an uneasy feeling this may be a season too far unless Stubbs has a few miracles up his sleeve.

PeteWaller
01-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Cracking post Pete.

You seem to have had a Damasclean moment.

I might have Kempo. It's "Damascene" by the way or at least I think it is

rolymiller
01-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Follow

Advertiser Sport
‏@rothtisersport
AS tells us he was never interested in #bwfc striker Gary Madine, and Kyle Lafferty was brought up a few weeks ago, but not yesterday. #rufc

Interesting. Lafferty wasnt the potential last min signing yesterday so who was it?

caytonmiller
01-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Read somewhere roly it was a 28 year old striker from abroad. Never heard of him but did google him last night. Let's just say he didn't have the same effect as **** does