PDA

View Full Version : In Tony we trust

kempo
01-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Perhaps no longer reading the posts this morning...

Maybe a few will now line up and apologise to monty and myself.

Who will not agree that this is an absolute shambles?

With age comes wisdom and if something seems too good to be true it usually is and goes ti..TS up.

All the signs of disaster have been there right up to the end when we had to move Smallwood's salary on to get a 19 year old in.

We are a laughing stock.

Talking the talk only works for so long.

I wish you all well with your faith...I will leave the stage for a deserved rest.

I did try and tell you.

hotun
01-09-2016, 08:08 AM
The psychology of Stubbs is starting to work.

monty_rhodes
01-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Perhaps no longer reading the posts this morning...

Maybe a few will now line up and apologise to monty and myself.

Who will not agree that this is an absolute shambles?

With age comes wisdom and if something seems too good to be true it usually is and goes ti..TS up.

All the signs of disaster have been there right up to the end when we had to move Smallwood's salary on to get a 19 year old in.

We are a laughing stock.

Talking the talk only works for so long.

I wish you all well with your faith...I will leave the stage for a deserved rest.

I did try and tell you.

Kempo, mon ami (Mikemiller have I that right?), I certainly don't expect or want any apology. Despite what some will say I take no pleasure in this and in fact I feel depressed. If I didn't feel I would be letting a few friends down I would not bother going to NYS again as I feel it's the honourable course of action given my attitude to TS. Dictators, even benign dictators, have to take it on the chin when things go belly up. There is no democratic process for involvement in decision making at RUFC and so when it goes wrong he has to take the flak.
I went to bed last night believing we'd signed Madden and that bloke from Bolton and a midfielder from Leeds. I wasn't happy and was cheesed off about losing Smallwood and Thorpe. However, I accepted that it was at least an attempt to forge a team and was reconciled to a slagging off on here this morning.
When I came on and saw that in fact we had only got a 19 year old defender on loan I frankly couldn't believe it. I shall continue to go but will take a book to read and earplugs for my ipod. I have no more interest in the club until the current regime goes.

kempo
01-09-2016, 08:45 AM
I am surprised that TS and AS didn't send Ward out on loan.

They missed a trick there to save a few nuts.

monty_rhodes
01-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Well at least Cam and that bloke from New Zealand on another site are keeping the faith. I saw Mikemiller make a very rude comment about you being on a cruise and how he was confident Stubbsy would sign a few yesterday. Perhaps he'll apologise? Some of these lads are quite touching: with an hour to go last night BOTN was still reckoning we'd sign TWO strikers. I wonder if these lads would like to buy my shares in the South Sea Company?

kempo
01-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Well at least Cam and that bloke from New Zealand on another site are keeping the faith. I saw Mikemiller make a very rude comment about you being on a cruise and how he was confident Stubbsy would sign a few yesterday. Perhaps he'll apologise? Some of these lads are quite touching: with an hour to go last night BOTN was still reckoning we'd sign TWO strikers. I wonder if these lads would like to buy my shares in the South Sea Company?

And my Lehman Brothers shares!

monty_rhodes
01-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Kempo, you know I'm sick to death of all these lectures from these guys on how a REAL supporter should behave spouted as if it was some unchanging law of the physical universe. It isn't. It's what Richard Dawkins would call a meme; an intellectual construct developed by a group of like-minded individuals and held up as THE ONLY TRUE WAY. It's all b*llshine.
I've sussed out these diehards over 50 years. They actually love it when things go wrong. It gives meaning to sad lives. They can tell each other and anyone else who can be rrsed to listen to the drivel that they are SPECIAL. They are true Millers who sat uncomplaining at DVS and will go down with their chairman into the last Berlin bunker because that's what REAL football fans are meant to do.

a123
01-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Kempo, you know I'm sick to death of all these lectures from these guys on how a REAL supporter should behave spouted as if it was some unchanging law of the physical universe. It isn't. It's what Richard Dawkins would call a meme; an intellectual construct developed by a group of like-minded individuals and held up as THE ONLY TRUE WAY. It's all b*llshine.
I've sussed out these diehards over 50 years. They actually love it when things go wrong. It gives meaning to sad lives. They can tell each other and anyone else who can be rrsed to listen to the drivel that they are SPECIAL. They are true Millers who sat uncomplaining at DVS and will go down with their chairman into the last Berlin bunker because that's what REAL football fans are meant to do.

I wish we still had the like button, because the above is well and truly liked.

gwru
01-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Kempo & Monty. Yr lapping this up but won't bite.

Will be true what AS as stated, deals were on the table but agents/wage demands, length of contract wanted wrecked any deals taking place. Take that Leeds midfielder can't spell his name, 29 who I didn't want anyway. Not going to offer him more than a contract till the end of the season. Gregory will want well over what we can pay him.

They are just 2 of the deals out of how many who knows. Finish off with a song " Think for a minute " before you knock our Tone. I've spoke to him a couple of times. I know people, meet people. TS is up there. Top bloke.

hillsboroughmiller
01-09-2016, 11:57 AM

Will be true what AS as stated, deals were on the table but agents/wage demands, length of contract wanted wrecked any deals taking place. Take that Leeds midfielder can't spell his name, 29 who I didn't want anyway. Not going to offer him more than a contract till the end of the season. Gregory will want well over what we can pay him.

They are just 2 of the deals out of how many who knows. Finish off with a song " Think for a minute " before you knock our Tone. I've spoke to him a couple of times. I know people, meet people. TS is up there. Top bloke.

well said

a123
01-09-2016, 11:58 AM

So why are we chasing these players if we cannot afford them?

Why wait until the last minute when the agents know we have no other options so push for an unreasonable deal because we don't have the time to go anywhere else?

Barnsley, Burton, Wigan, haven't had the same difficulties as us but are operating in the same market.

AS and TS have headed up a bad joke of a summer recruitment campaign, but don't worry we'll have plenty of money to re-build the squad in league 1 and won't make the same mistakes next year.