PDA

View Full Version : The National Survey

StandfreeFM
03-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Anyone impressed with the SNP's Summer Offensive for Independence? Asking party members to engage with 5 people each month for 3 months sounds a bit sinister tbh.

Aldo1983
03-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Wee bit annoying as well and I'm a yes voter.

Rochead
03-09-2016, 10:02 AM
The question as we all know has been asked and the answer given. Just like a child being refused it's favourite sweet, keep harping on and hope the parent capitulates.
Advice to our elected government, concentrate on what you were elected to do, that is simply to run the country to the best of your ability.

TheDeeDon
03-09-2016, 10:28 AM
It will happen soon enough anyway, they don't need to brainwash the nation. Westminster is the gift which keeps on giving in the battle for independence.

Mason89
03-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Wee bit annoying as well and I'm a yes voter.

Samesies.

I can see why she gets on No voters tits.

Buc
03-09-2016, 11:06 AM
It will happen soon enough anyway, they don't need to brainwash the nation. Westminster is the gift which keeps on giving in the battle for independence.

Yes indeed.

I've filled it in.

I think in my opinion is testing the water before a decision is made it may annoy some but there's no point going for it again unless we know we/they will win.

One thing for sure we won't be starting off at 33% or indeed going by the impartial P&J 27% only months before the vote .

The no campaign can't or indeed won't change their tactics we now know what to expect.
I'm also sure the 3rd party in Scotland Labour won't be sharing NO campaign tables with the Tories.
For me we need to take our time 10 years from now would be the right time.

Brian Grantland
03-09-2016, 12:26 PM
I don't think it's sinister, it's a recognition that the SNP spend too much time talking to themselves and that they need to try and broaden their scope to win a second referendum.

The bothersome thing is that it shows the priority of the Government as opposed to health, education, the economy.

In Scotland, the constitution > everything else added together.

Buc
03-09-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't think it's sinister, it's a recognition that the SNP spend too much time talking to themselves and that they need to try and broaden their scope to win a second referendum.

The bothersome thing is that it shows the priority of the Government as opposed to health, education, the economy.

In Scotland, the constitution > everything else added together.

Health education is a priority and of course independence Brian

In education
Edinburgh was the highest placed university in Scotland can't remember their placing but was certainly high up in the world rankings
Glasgow was 94th
St Andrews was 111th
Aberdeen university was 178th up 188 places in world rankings

The best rating that Scotland have ever achieved..
ONS report Scotland best educated in the EU.

Regards NHS staffing numbers at a record high lowest mortality rates in the UK
98% of all AE patients seen within 4 hours.

This year the SNP will pump in an extra £500 million into Scotlands health services and social care.
That means our health budget will be a record £13 billion there's also an extra 10.600 workers in our NHS a record high.
There's always more work to be done of course there is.

But I can tell you the NHS in England is struggling not only at staffing levels but with experienced nurses packing in mostly with early retirement now you and I know you can't buy experience.. with that wards such as neurological are struggling to cope neuro nurses are among the most trained and knowledgeable nurses anywhere in the NHS .

I know for a fact the SNP will not risk another vote unless they know they will win .
We also know when we voted them in what they stand for.

Buc
03-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Here's an update on the world's best universities Edinburgh being in 21st position even better than I'd thought it was for a population of 5-2 million people this is indeed some achievement..
Here's the list.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2015#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars= false+search=

redscot
03-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Here's an update on the world's best universities Edinburgh being in 21st position even better than I'd thought it was for a population of 5-2 million people this is indeed some achievement..
Here's the list.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2015#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars= false+search=

What does the population of the country have to do with it ?

Genuine question.

Jupiter
03-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Samesies.

I can see why she gets on No voters tits.

Mrs Krankie is the most annoying person in the world. She behaves like a little kid who has been told they can't have any more sweeties.

If any SNP numpties ask me what I think about independence, I will tell them to go and bile their heids.

Brian Grantland
03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Buc

Not really sure the point you are trying to make.

Are you actually saying that the success of Edinburgh University is down to the Government?

The finest University in Scotland, where about 1/3 of students at U/g level are Scottish. (wonder why?)

When I mentioned Education, the Ivory Towers of one of the World's finest educational institutions, wasn't what I was talking about.
Let's put Tertiary education aside and talk about numeracy and literacy rates in Primary and Secondary...

TheAngusBull
03-09-2016, 03:59 PM
I think asking large numbers of voters what is important to them is an utter disgrace.

Don't they realise that us voters are meant to have no opinions apart from the time it comes to vote and even then only if that opinion is the same as their's.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Buc
03-09-2016, 05:22 PM
What does the population of the country have to do with it ?

Genuine question.

The bigger the country then generally the more universities they have..

Germany France England Spain Russia Poland Italy America etc but to be fair America and England do very well on that list .

Buc
03-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Buc

Not really sure the point you are trying to make.

Are you actually saying that the success of Edinburgh University is down to the Government?

The finest University in Scotland, where about 1/3 of students at U/g level are Scottish. (wonder why?)

When I mentioned Education, the Ivory Towers of one of the World's finest educational institutions, wasn't what I was talking about.
Let's put Tertiary education aside and talk about numeracy and literacy rates in Primary and Secondary...

Brian I suspect you don't like the SNP and are as big a unionist on here so have to say no matter what I say you will disregard it.
Like you have done. I was only replying to your overall post of education .

Maybe it failed you.:);D

Brian Grantland
03-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Brian I suspect you don't like the SNP and are as big a unionist on here so have to say no matter what I say you will disregard it.
Like you have done. I was only replying to your overall post of education .

Maybe it failed you.:);D

So you don't have any answers

Shocker

Buc
04-09-2016, 02:57 PM
So you don't have any answers

Shocker

Brian I have answers but no point sharing them with a huge unionist like yourself who would rather have Westminster running OUR country.
Anyway Brian this is the first time I've had a chance to look in to this forum since yesterday evening so what's shocking about that

Question for you are you O5Car and if so why did you change your name ..

The other one is the £1-6 billion in the red due to mismanagement of funds that Westminster have got this country into what can we do about that ..don't expect an answer not from you anyway :)

Well that figure tells me the union you love and stand for is not working .

Buc
04-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Brian I have answers but no point sharing them with a huge unionist like yourself who would rather have Westminster running OUR country.
Anyway Brian this is the first time I've had a chance to look in to this forum since yesterday evening so what's shocking about that

Question for you are you O5Car and if so why did you change your name ..

The other one is the £1-6 trillion in the red due to mismanagement of funds that Westminster have got this country into what can we do about that ..don't expect an answer not from you anyway :)

Well that figure tells me the union you love and stand for is not working .

Had to get the figure of 1-6 trillion correct ..

Buc
04-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Ouch .

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

fatshaft
05-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Mrs Krankie is the most annoying person in the world. She behaves like a little kid who has been told they can't have any more sweeties.
No she doesn't.

Buc
05-09-2016, 02:22 PM
No she doesn't.

I agree Queen Nicola just wants the best for OUR country.:)

Jupiter
05-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Stop calling Mrs Krankie Queen Nicola

Mason89
05-09-2016, 11:02 PM

Possibly but that's a bit harder to swallow after the last election. Looks to me that her first priority is the SNP itself, which is a huge mistake.

Buc
06-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Stop calling Mrs Krankie Queen Nicola

Ok Princess Nicola then as the job in hand isn't quite finished as yet.
:D

57vintage
06-09-2016, 06:32 AM
This is self-parody now, isn't it?

StandfreeFM
06-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I think it's the sneaky way it was initially promoted is what is most concerning to me. Even the title 'The National Survey', combined with the lack of SNP branding would make the more gullible members of society think this was a government initiative (although even Mason saw through it so...). All this 'Summer Offensive' is a party political information gathering stunt which they can manipulate at will and tailor propaganda to those foolish enough to take part.

Never mind, the First Minister will set out today which headline grabbing policies she can ignore/water down/blame Westminster for in the next Parliament.

Rochead
06-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I think it's the sneaky way it was initially promoted is what is most concerning to me. Even the title 'The National Survey', combined with the lack of SNP branding would make the more gullible members of society think this was a government initiative (although even Mason saw through it so...). All this 'Summer Offensive' is a party political information gathering stunt which they can manipulate at will and tailor propaganda to those foolish enough to take part.

Never mind, the First Minister will set out today which headline grabbing policies she can ignore/water down/blame Westminster for in the next Parliament.

Spot on. The SNP leadership is a concern to democracy, first they appear to have disregarded the result of the referendum they themselves called and now they are looking to join forces with others who voted against leaving the EU. Sturgeon is only the front piece of an untrustworthy political organisation where running the country is secondary to their main political aim.

fatshaft
06-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Spot on. The SNP leadership is a concern to democracy, first they appear to have disregarded the result of the referendum they themselves called and now they are looking to join forces with others who voted against leaving the EU. Sturgeon is only the front piece of an untrustworthy political organisation where running the country is secondary to their main political aim.

OK, seriously, they've disregarded the referendum result? How? Did I miss the declaration of independence?

donsdaft
06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
The last thing the SNP want just now is another referendum.
I would have thought that was bloody obvious to anyone.

Number one priority is to save our EU membership

Buc
06-09-2016, 03:54 PM
The last thing the SNP want just now is another referendum.
I would have thought that was bloody obvious to anyone.

Number one priority is to save our EU membership

For me 10 years time and the YES vote will win .
Then we can crown princess Nicola to her rightful position ..:heart:

Rochead
06-09-2016, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=fatshaft;38262939]OK, seriously, they've disregarded the referendum result? How? Did I miss the declaration of independence?[/

The result of the referendum didn't suit them, they are ignoring the will of the majority and are determined to have another. No one suggested a Declaration of Independence had been made so you missed nothing.

Jupiter
06-09-2016, 05:13 PM
For me 10 years time and the YES vote will win .
Then we can crown princess Nicola to her rightful position ..:heart:

Mrs Krankie won't be around in 10 years, everybody will be sick of her long before then.

fatshaft
07-09-2016, 08:30 AM
The result of the referendum didn't suit them, they are ignoring the will of the majority and are determined to have another. No one suggested a Declaration of Independence had been made so you missed nothing.
Oh right, so respecting the will of the people then, but also listening to the large percentage who want to vote again? Having another vote isn't ignoring the majority.

Oslo_Don
07-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Health education is a priority and of course independence Brian

In education
Edinburgh was the highest placed university in Scotland can't remember their placing but was certainly high up in the world rankings
Glasgow was 94th
St Andrews was 111th
Aberdeen university was 178th up 188 places in world rankings

The best rating that Scotland have ever achieved..
ONS report Scotland best educated in the EU.

Regards NHS staffing numbers at a record high lowest mortality rates in the UK
98% of all AE patients seen within 4 hours.

This year the SNP will pump in an extra £500 million into Scotlands health services and social care.
That means our health budget will be a record £13 billion there's also an extra 10.600 workers in our NHS a record high.
There's always more work to be done of course there is.

But I can tell you the NHS in England is struggling not only at staffing levels but with experienced nurses packing in mostly with early retirement now you and I know you can't buy experience.. with that wards such as neurological are struggling to cope neuro nurses are among the most trained and knowledgeable nurses anywhere in the NHS .

I know for a fact the SNP will not risk another vote unless they know they will win .
We also know when we voted them in what they stand for.

Buc, I read this as a strong argument for the Union and the Barnett formula. Scotland has never had it so good, so what is the motivation to change the status quo?

My biggest concern if Scotland goes it alone is how will the fantastic social system we currently have be maintained?

The oil industry has been a big source of employment and tax income for decades, but is in the worst recession since the 1980's. The North Sea may never return to it's pre-2014 levels of activity, or if it does it may take many years. Yet I see no examples of diversification attempts from the Scottish or British Parliaments. Aberdeen has a lot of skilled workers currently unemployed, but what is being done to attract new industry to the city to offer alternative major employment? Look at Houston, they suffered the same recession in the 1980's, but reacted by diversifying. The city, despite being a major oil city, is not reliant solely on the oil industry. Houston diversified and has major medical, pharmaceutical and construction industries. Don't get me wrong, Houston has been badly impacted by the oil downturn, it would be foolish to imply otherwise. But it has not been as crippling as the recession impact on Aberdeen.

Before any independence vote, I would like the SNP to explain how they will manage the economy and funding of the social system? This is something they failed miserably at before the last vote, basing their numbers on unsustainable oil prices. Will we even have a social system that resembles the one we have today in an independent Scotland?

Rochead
07-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Oh right, so respecting the will of the people then, but also listening to the large percentage who want to vote again? Having another vote isn't ignoring the majority.

The decision has been made. You are saying a large majority want another vote, I can't prove or disprove what you say although I do believe that the SNP would have already made definite moves if they were so certain. What would happen if we voted to separate tomorrow then two years down the line the majority thought, hold on, we have made a mistake let's have another vote to rejoin the UK, then maybe another two years on, wait a minute, we were better off on our own let's have another vote.
Buc thinks separation may come in ten years time (going by his queen nic comment) that may be the case, but at least a decent amount of time will have lapsed between the two votes.
The SNP must for the stability of the country put their obsession aside and to concentrate on what they were elected to do, put all their efforts into managing the country. Sadly I doubt that will happen as all else is secondary to their one political aim.

fatshaft
07-09-2016, 02:15 PM
You are saying a large majority want another vote Nope. A large percentage

Rochead
07-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Nope. A large percentage

My apologies, I did not mean to misquote. Do you mean that there is a greater than 50% of the electorate want another vote?

fatshaft
08-09-2016, 07:54 AM
My apologies, I did not mean to misquote. Do you mean that there is a greater than 50% of the electorate want another vote?

I don't know, it's close to it, depending on which polls you read 45-55% would have a second vote tomorrow.

Rochead
08-09-2016, 08:48 AM
I don't know, it's close to it, depending on which polls you read 45-55% would have a second vote tomorrow.

That figure wouldn't surprise me as 45% of the votes cast were in favour of separation. I believe Salmond said at the time that should be it for a generation. People will always find an argument to have another vote, that was the point I was trying to make in my previous post, the losers will always want to have a bash at getting the result reversed.
The SNP government called for a referendum, we had it, they lost, move on.

Mason89
08-09-2016, 10:02 AM
The circumstances since the last vote have changed a fair bit. There's probably a significant amount of No voters who didn't get what they voted for either.

fatshaft
08-09-2016, 10:08 AM
That figure wouldn't surprise me as 45% of the votes cast were in favour of separation. I believe Salmond said at the time that should be it for a generation. People will always find an argument to have another vote, that was the point I was trying to make in my previous post, the losers will always want to have a bash at getting the result reversed.
The SNP government called for a referendum, we had it, they lost, move on.
And virtually everything promised by the NO side has been reneged on. You really think we should just let the lies lie?

Rochead
08-09-2016, 11:01 AM
And virtually everything promised by the NO side has been reneged on. You really think we should just let the lies lie?

Just proves what I said, the losers will look for excuses for another vote. Has virtually every promise been renegade on? I can't honestly answer that though I'm sure you will offer some examples.
What I can say is that under no circumstances would I want us to be separate from the rest of the UK, my own belief is that we are stronger together, to us the slogan of the time. I do know that many others like yourself hold the opposite view, I respect that and know that no matter how much we converse on here we will not change each others opinion.
Getting back to my original gripe, I am dismayed at the government's inability to accept the result and just to get on with the running of the country. Just the way I see it.

Mason89
08-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Are you suggesting the Scottish National Party should give up chasing independence?

Buc
08-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Are you suggesting the Scottish National Party should give up chasing independence?

Yes he is .
But that's not going to happen with the people here in Scotland voting the SNP in not only here but in Westminster in large numbers.
Its also what the SNP stand for .

But for me I think even now its a bit too soon but a YES vote will clinch it in 10yrs time.
For me the quicker the better .

StandfreeFM
08-09-2016, 12:22 PM
The circumstances since the last vote have changed a fair bit. There's probably a significant amount of No voters who didn't get what they voted for either.

Aye, and there is a few folk who don't want to come of the Union only to join a neoliberal anti-democratic superstructure...

And to answer your other question. No, I don't expect them to give up chasing independence. What I expect them to do is govern as that is what they have been elected to do. Their duty to the people of Scotland, who may or may not have voted for them, is to start doing that and not making every decision through a prism of 'how can this help the independence cause'. But it isn't in their interests to make a good job of it so I guess we are stuck with the SNP Government tinkering around the edges, not using the powers they have and then blaming Westminster when it all goes to sh!t as they always do.

Mason89
08-09-2016, 12:37 PM
They can try to do both at the same time, which as far as I can see is exactly what's happening.

StandfreeFM
08-09-2016, 12:41 PM
With respect, I disagree with you.

Rochead
08-09-2016, 01:29 PM

I understand the reason That the SNP were formed, I also understand their ultimate aim is to separate Scotland from the rest of the UK, however, the question has been asked and the answer given.

Buc, you are wrong, I am not suggesting the SNP give up their quest for Independence, what I am saying like youself is now is not the time, they should be doing what they were elected to do, govern the country.

Every other party in politics have a manifesto in what they think is the best way to run things. The SNP have an obsession, managing the country is secondary. The referendum is over, let it go for the time being, remove the cloud of uncertainty hanging over us all.

donsdaft
08-09-2016, 01:51 PM
I think people understand that the main aim of the SNP is to free Scotland from Westminster rule.
If they don't want them to do that then they should vote for another party.

They didn't though did they.

The Scottish Labour party has the same amount of seats at Westminster as the Scottish Conservative Unionist shoot the fuzzy wuzzies party.

ONE, yes thats right, ONE member of parliament.

I'm going to have to say that again because I still don't believe it.

The Scottish Labour party won only ONE seat at the recent Westminster election.

So, of course another referendum is on the agenda.

For what it's worth, I would be delighted to have England as an equal partner in our European Union.

If they really want to turn themselves into a neglected wasteland there will be no stopping them.
They are NOT dragging me down with them though.

Aldo1983
08-09-2016, 01:59 PM
For what it's worth, the SNP had to do some serious fund raising up until recently and now they have a **** load of money in their coffers.

They are doing what any other political party would do by taking advantage of the whole situation. The people that voted the SNP and are filling their coffers wouldn't want them to stop their ultimate goal.

fatshaft
08-09-2016, 06:41 PM
With respect, I disagree with you.You mean like Nicola's speech yesterday, where Indy was briefly touched on late on?

And what did we get, the three stooges, backed by most of the MSM telling anyone who would listen that Niocola needs to stop talking about independence.

The verdict is in, there's three parties won't stop talking about it, and it's none of the pro-indy parties.

fatshaft
08-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Every other party in politics have a manifesto in what they think is the best way to run things. The SNP have an obsession, managing the country is secondary.
And yet everything that happened yesterday proved the opposite, the other parties have one policy - "will the SNP please stop talking about independence" - that's it, they have nothing else.

Meanwhile Nicola announced a string of initiatives going forward, while not completely forgetting the whole point of the SNP.

Rochead
08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
And yet everything that happened yesterday proved the opposite, the other parties have one policy - "will the SNP please stop talking about independence" - that's it, they have nothing else.

Meanwhile Nicola announced a string of initiatives going forward, while not completely forgetting the whole point of the SNP.

Just as I have been saying, made a speech about going forward and still found time to harp on about another vote. No need for that at present, they have had their answer.

Mason89
08-09-2016, 07:21 PM
And the Unionist parties have had their answer. They got rinsed.

The guardians of democracy should respect those results too

fatshaft
08-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Just as I have been saying, made a speech about going forward and still found time to harp on about another vote. No need for that at present, they have had their answer.

But there IS a need for that at present. is there a democratic party anywhere that's just gonme through two elections and come out so far ahead of the rest, ever?

The voters are demanding independence is an option, something to be discussed and looked at again. Many NO voters have said they made a mistake, wished they could vote again. I've yet to hear a YES voter say the same.

Just because you, and the three stooges, think we should stop talking about it (because they're terrified eh?) doesn't mean it should be, or will be.

Rochead
08-09-2016, 09:00 PM
But there IS a need for that at present. is there a democratic party anywhere that's just gonme through two elections and come out so far ahead of the rest, ever?

The voters are demanding independence is an option, something to be discussed and looked at again. Many NO voters have said they made a mistake, wished they could vote again. I've yet to hear a YES voter say the same.

Just because you, and the three stooges, think we should stop talking about it (because they're terrified eh?) doesn't mean it should be, or will be.

Terrified, no, just expect a democratically elected government to respect a democratic vote, got me with the three stooges comment, don't know who or what you are referring to.

fatshaft
09-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Terrified, no, just expect a democratically elected government to respect a democratic vote, got me with the three stooges comment, don't know who or what you are referring to.

Rennie, Ruthy and Kez.

And again, they are respecting a democratic vote, twice running now the SNP have run away with elections in Scotland, it's time the stooges did the same and respected what people want to talk about.

simarooskimoose
09-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Regardless of what you think of independence, surely everyone can agree this survey is mince though. The questions are ludicrously shallow, and there's already people boasting about just filling in 10 themselves with fake names. The only thing the SNP will actually gain from it is the details of a whole load of people they can target for advertising purposes later.

The whole thing is just there to keep the activists busy, to distract them from champing at the bit for a couple of months while Nicola tries to work out a new economic case. If she had her way she wouldn't hold another vote at least until after the next Westminster election, when thanks to Jeremy burying the last shards of the Labour party she'll be guaranteed to have a Tory government to point at Scotland not electing. But she's at risk of being railroaded into it long before she's ready...hence a big pointless exercise to keep her member base busy.

I do enjoy the rhetoric about how it's just the opposition parties that are talking about independence though. When she's literally launched a national conversation about it within the past week.

Rochead
09-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Rennie, Ruthy and Kez.

And again, they are respecting a democratic vote, twice running now the SNP have run away with elections in Scotland, it's time the stooges did the same and respected what people want to talk about.

The leaders of three parties who hold differing views from the SNP, stooges, OK. For what it's worth I don't hold any of them in high regard either but they are just people following their political beliefs. The SNP won both elections to run the country hands down, they also followed their beliefs, called a referendum and were beaten. That should in my opinion be it for the time being, I know you hold a different view and we could go on for ever more arguing the different cases.
I have enjoyed the discussions. Btw congrats on winning the AFC top.

StandfreeFM
30-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Well, what a waste of fu(king time that was.

I wonder what % of the 2,000,000 they actually received? So all their subterfuge and bluster, their summer offensive has been a complete dud. Hopefully they will take from this (and the Yougov poll out today) that the majority of the people of Scotland do not want another referundum and would prefer it if the SNP Government would get on with the task of running the country.

57vintage
30-11-2016, 04:08 PM
would prefer it if the SNP Government would get on with the task of running the country.

There is the issue of competence in that regard, of course.

Quite why Fergus Ewing and Humza Yousaf are still in post is more than a little puzzling.

And Kevin Stewart????? What is his purpose?

StandfreeFM
30-11-2016, 04:18 PM
There is the issue of competence in that regard, of course.

Quite why Fergus Ewing and Humza Yousaf are still in post is more than a little puzzling.

And Kevin Stewart????? What is his purpose?

Any new legisation yet? Only government I know of that actively doesn't want to use the powers at it's disposal. 'Do nowt and blame "Westminster"' seems to be their tactics.

Disco Buc
30-11-2016, 05:37 PM
For what it's worth, the SNP had to do some serious fund raising up until recently and now they have a **** load of money in their coffers.

They are doing what any other political party would do by taking advantage of the whole situation. The people that voted the SNP and are filling their coffers wouldn't want them to stop their ultimate goal.

That's right but the end result will come its all about timing that's what the survey is about .
Its fair to say its only UNIONISTS who say they should be getting on with the job in hand .
They are getting on with the job in hand I know the hours quite a number of them put in John Swinney is around 16 hours a day he even used to call the late great Brian Adam up 11 at night he was still working he does more than most I'm aware of others that do 12 hours a day every weekday and some more at weekends .

Looking forward to the day that union flag the butchers apron comes down replaced by the Scottish flag bringing not only freedom but new hope free of many things that are sh it about Westminster.
Free also of ass licking America.

Jupiter
30-11-2016, 06:08 PM
People are getting sick of Mrs Krankie and her SNP numpties, it's all downhill now for them.

Disco Buc
30-11-2016, 07:40 PM
People are getting sick of Mrs Krankie and her SNP numpties, it's all downhill now for them.

Has to happen some time maybe the council elections will let us know more if what you say will come true.

Got a Christmas card from dear Nicola and asking for a top up for the next time

Pacman1903
30-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Has to happen some time maybe the council elections will let us know more if what you say will come true.

Got a Christmas card from dear Nicola and asking for a top up for the next time

Should have posted that in the scrooge thread. Christmas card in November. What a f@cking joke

Jupiter
30-11-2016, 09:37 PM
That's not a very Christmassy card with Mrs Krankie's ugly mug on it.

mondo_notion
30-11-2016, 09:49 PM
That's not a very Christmassy card with Mrs Krankie's ugly mug on it.

This mare your cup o tea?

http://i68.tinypic.com/s4whnc.jpg

Stick that in your w*nk bank

StandfreeFM
06-12-2016, 02:50 PM
That's right but the end result will come its all about timing that's what the survey is about .
Its fair to say its only UNIONISTS who say they should be getting on with the job in hand .
They are getting on with the job in hand I know the hours quite a number of them put in John Swinney is around 16 hours a day he even used to call the late great Brian Adam up 11 at night he was still working he does more than most I'm aware of others that do 12 hours a day every weekday and some more at weekends .

Maybe Swinney isn't the man for the job then. Worst ever performance in an international survey of pupils. For a Government that wants to be judged on Education, they're making a complete @rse of it. C of E should be ditched at the earliest oppertunity as should 'Scottish Studies' and the rest of the tartanification measures the SNP have brought in.

By May next year it'll be 10 years of SNP rule. I can't really think of any area where they can be considered to have done a good job apart from the furthering of their own independence cause.

57vintage
07-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Today's news from the Porridgeburo:

Transport Minister caught driving with no insurance, faces a possible 4-figure fine and 6 points on his licence. :O

What a zoomer.

Brian Grantland
07-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Today's news from the Porridgeburo:

Transport Minister caught driving with no insurance, faces a possible 4-figure fine and 6 points on his licence. :O

What a zoomer.

Whilst I'm no fan of his I think it's an honest mistake
HOWEVER
He has to get punished to the full extent of the law or it is a bad look for him.

His performance as transport minister is a different matter and I'm someone who uses the rail network for work a lot and it's a joke of a service.

StandfreeFM
07-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Whilst I'm no fan of his I think it's an honest mistake
HOWEVER
He has to get punished to the full extent of the law or it is a bad look for him.

His performance as transport minister is a different matter and I'm someone who uses the rail network for work a lot and it's a joke of a service.

I don't want to say too much but I have met the transport minister in a professional capacity. I am not a big fan of his...

StandfreeFM
27-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Statement today from our First Minister regarding a possible second Independence Referendum. I wonder of she is going to announce the results of 'The National Survey' or has that shameless piece of propaganda bullsh!t been conveniently ignored?

Aldo1983
27-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Tough talking Ruth Davidson won't let wee Krankie away with it.

57vintage
27-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Statement today from our First Minister regarding a possible second Independence Referendum. I wonder of she is going to announce the results of 'The National Survey' or has that shameless piece of propaganda bullsh!t been conveniently ignored?

Was it not Stewart Hosie who was to be the figurehead of a crusade to persuade people of the benefit of independence after this Survey?

Perhaps his inability to keep his stroop on the respectable side of his spaver saw him removed from that great conversation which seems too, to have been sidelined? The FM and his erstwhile spouse Ms Robison are good pals, of course.