PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Yorkshire cricket

Acido
04-09-2016, 12:58 AM
I know Mike Miller is the regular Yorkie crikkit fan/poster on here, but heres an update after todays matches anyway.

Can you believe all 4 matches this week ended in so called draws because of the awful weather.
Yorkshire really went for it today down at Hampshire and we were on the brink of an unlikely win when when we had them struggling on 84 - 4, but the rain finally finished us off.

What it means now is we've gained 1 point on Middle*** in the table, but they still lead us by 4 points with 3 games left. And our last game of the season is of course... away at Middle*** (at Lords). Still all to play for eh :)

mikemiller
04-09-2016, 05:57 AM
I know Mike Miller is the regular Yorkie crikkit fan/poster on here, but heres an update after todays matches anyway.

Can you believe all 4 matches this week ended in so called draws because of the awful weather.
Yorkshire really went for it today down at Hampshire and we were on the brink of an unlikely win when when we had them struggling on 84 - 4, but the rain finally finished us off.

What it means now is we've gained 1 point on Middle*** in the table, but they still lead us by 4 points with 3 games left. And our last game of the season is of course... away at Middle*** (at Lords). Still all to play for eh :)

A bit like the game at the Oval v Surrey - the weather intervened when we were in a strong position/
Our careless loss to Middx at Headingley is starting to look like the season's deciding game ,unless we can beat them at Lord's... so we are probably relying on decent weather for that game to have a chance

Acido
04-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Im still disappointed that we blew it in both the one day Semi finals, so if we miss out on the title again because of the weather... wouldnt that be just our luck. If we can win one of these next 2 games then we might not have to win that final game at Middle***.
Arent they the only team to beat us in the last 3 seasons ?

loyalmiller
04-09-2016, 03:37 PM
No. We lost by an innings to Durham last year.

millmoormagic
04-09-2016, 03:42 PM
The hazards of being Northern i'm afraid, much more likely to have games affected by the weather....

mikemiller
04-09-2016, 05:14 PM
That would be true generally, but this season, rain didn't save us v Mddx at Headingley, but ruined our chances v Surrey at the Oval and v Hants at Southampton

hotun
04-09-2016, 06:32 PM
A bit like the game at the Oval v Surrey - the weather intervened when we were in a strong position/
Our careless loss to Middx at Headingley is starting to look like the season's deciding game ,unless we can beat them at Lord's... so we are probably relying on decent weather for that game to have a chance
our careless loss to middle*** was at scarbro

mikemiller
04-09-2016, 09:15 PM
My mistake... it's still a home fixture though, on what is usually a good batting wicket. We should have been capable of getting a draw

Acido
04-09-2016, 10:50 PM
No. We lost by an innings to Durham last year.

No we didnt, I had to check the stats but we've lost 1 game in each of the last 3 seasons and its been to Middle*** each time.
In 2014 we had 8w, 7d, 1l.
In 2015 we had 11w, 4d, 1l.
And so far this season we have 4w, 8d, 1l (with 3 games left).

MILLERSTALE
05-09-2016, 08:12 AM
No we didnt, I had to check the stats but we've lost 1 game in each of the last 3 seasons and its been to Middle*** each time.
In 2014 we had 8w, 7d, 1l.
In 2015 we had 11w, 4d, 1l.
And so far this season we have 4w, 8d, 1l (with 3 games left).
We lost to Durham three seasons ago when they pipped us to the Championship, this game was also played at Scarborugh, and we were in a good position going into the last day but a batting collapse lost us the game ! We did not lose by an innings though.

hotun
05-09-2016, 08:30 AM
My mistake... it's still a home fixture though, on what is usually a good batting wicket. We should have been capable of getting a draw
Were you there,we were hopeless on the 4th day,deserved to lose,but we have two home games now and Middle*** have two away,by the way are you Mike B