PDA

View Full Version : Dexter B. too old?

tonky62
07-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Bloody hell since when has 30 years of age been past it and too old?

This boy should be in his prime, good experience etc lets hope he shows his qualities.

Good luck Dex.

gwru
07-09-2016, 12:18 PM
If he can get us to Jan' job done. Hope he's better than Best. Didn't look committed to me.

Anderson Council
07-09-2016, 02:13 PM
If he can get us to Jan' job done. Hope he's better than Best. Didn't look committed to me.

Well, no reason why he can,t be committed. retained a championship place and something to prove next Wednesday surely (stop calling me Shirley)/

tom12026
07-09-2016, 02:16 PM
same age as Wayne Rooney and he's not past it is he?-is he???.

Anderson Council
07-09-2016, 02:26 PM
same age as Wayne Rooney and he's not past it is he?-is he???.

Probably is for England. But championship? I would have him here. Would have to sell Rotherham, Sheffield, Barnsley and Donny to get him though. And I'm not talking about the teams, I'm talking about the towns ;D

lbj
07-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Bendtner from Arsenal has just signed for Forest so easing Dexter further down the pecking order. This could partially account for Dexters mutually agreed release - which is a better reason than simply sending the guy out to pasture.

His 7 year association with Forest probably lead Forest to allow Dexter to leave on good terms so he could seek another club.

After his rehab' from his knee injury he said it had changed his attitude to "doing things right" - So - barring new injury's - we may have done the deal of the year - getting a proven championship player / striker and without having to pay £650,000 just to see if the player can hack it in the championship - we'll done TS & AS

mellowmiller
07-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Probably is for England. But championship? I would have him here. Would have to sell Rotherham, Sheffield, Barnsley and Donny to get him though. And I'm not talking about the teams, I'm talking about the towns ;D

And that's just to pay his first week's wages ;D

CAMiller
07-09-2016, 03:25 PM
30 is not too old if everything works out fine, if it doesn't then we won't be short of people on here crying 'I told you so'. Here in Seattle they have Clint Dempsey who at 33 was playing well and forming a good partnership and teaching the trade to a young local lad, Jordan Morris. Hopefully we will get the same with Blackstock/Yates. However, just to exemplify the downside, Dempsey is out of action at the moment (irregular heartbeat - hope he's OK?) but injury/illness can strike at any time/age, it's just the probability increases as the years roll on.

fc_miller
07-09-2016, 03:30 PM
He can hopefully help JCH too.

millertop
07-09-2016, 03:36 PM
He can hopefully help JCH too.

With his knee injury ;)

CAMiller
07-09-2016, 03:53 PM
With his knee injury ;)

Maybe with the rehab and helping him through the 'mental' side of a long term injury?

kentmillerman
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Have to say, with the exception of the first post the thread seems to be pointless.

CAMiller
07-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Have to say, with the exception of the first post the thread seems to be pointless.

Still, one pointless thread in 15,176 isn't too bad XD

millavanilla
07-09-2016, 08:22 PM
With his knee injury ;)

Or his attitude..( no teeth getting knocked out)

millavanilla
08-09-2016, 04:51 AM

Why january gwru? Your not talking about the transfer window surely...what difference will that make, the agents will still be ready to pounce so thats us out of it...

Casper64Frank
08-09-2016, 11:30 AM
He's not even in the squad for Saturday.
Not match fit.

great_fire
08-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Not just the age but the injuries, he's scored 10 in 59.

mellowmiller
08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
He's not even in the squad for Saturday.
Not match fit.

That's the real disappointment to me.
We keep signing players who aren't fit enough to play and that can't be a good strategy.
We've been desperately trying to sign a striker for 3 months and now we've got one, he's not ready. Baffling.

lbj
09-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Just watching fantasy football - pre - match Reading game...and they mentioned how Sir Alex brought in
Van Nistelrooy after he had badly injured his cruciate - I'm comparing injuries NOT players !

millertop
09-09-2016, 06:38 PM
I don't get why he can't give us some minutes on the pitch if he isn't injured. I'm sure some Sunday league players could do 20 mins before blowing out their arse ;D