View Full Version : Millers be Forest on Wednesday

millertop
11-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Don't forget the game is played this Wednesday at NYS 7:45 KO

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Don't forget the game is played this Wednesday at NYS 7:45 KO

I'll "v" going to the match
(I've had problems with the text jamming too!)

millavanilla
11-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Doesnt bare thinking about..theyll know all about our centre back..bet stubbs still plays him..will bendtner be playing? God i hope not..

great_fire
11-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Why is it on a Wednesday? When was the last time we played a league game on a Wednesday?

fc_miller
11-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Because forest are playing today at villa.

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Forest have just taken a 1-0 lead at Villa Park.... Bendtner not playing because he is not "match fit" yet, but Caryol , who always scores against us, is playing (Forest got him as a free transfer)

By the way Villa are way down the table now and have only scored five league goals, THREE of which were against....
(great defensive tactics again , Stubbsy)

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Text jamming - that should say "Carayol"

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Text jamming - that should say "Carayol"
Update - Villa have scored twice in the last few minutes!

monty_rhodes
11-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Forest have just taken a 1-0 lead at Villa Park.... Bendtner not playing because he is not "match fit" yet, but Caryol , who always scores against us, is playing (Forest got him as a free transfer)

By the way Villa are way down the table now and have only scored five league goals, THREE of which were against....
(great defensive tactics again , Stubbsy)

Mike, good observation regarding Villa and don't worry they'll blow the lead. If you remember a post a while back by our great footballing guru, PeteWaller, entitled "NO Disgrace whatsoever" in which the said Pete likened Villa to a Ferrari and us to a Fiat 500. Like a voice crying in the wilderness a certain Monty_Rhodes stated that Pete's estimate of Villa was way off the mark but as usual I was ignored and derided.

Casper64Frank
11-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Villa 2-1 Forest
2 goals in 2 minutes.

monty_rhodes
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Villa 2-1 Forest
2 goals in 2 minutes.
As I said above Villa will blow the lead and Forest have a weakened side out.

lbj
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Just mentioned the Villa squad put together for over 100 MILLION - How many Ferraris can you get for that?

I'm sure Peter was talking metaphorically about the club being a European Cup Winner ( Ferrari ) and us as winners of the Auto- Windscreen Trophy ( Fiat 500 )

I assume your "estimate" ? Monty being Aston Villa's current malaise ?

But as usual Monty - you got the wrong end of the stick - so to speak.

Villa 2 - Forest 2 good result for us if it stays like that - 5 minutes extra time ?

Casper64Frank
11-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Villa 2-2 Forest
Forest have had a player sent off, second yellow card for celebrating with the crowd.

Seems we're not the only team that can concede 2 goals in a game.
Decent match this one.

monty_rhodes
11-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Just mentioned the Villa squad put together for over 100 MILLION - How many Ferraris can you get for that?

I'm sure Peter was talking metaphorically about the club being a European Cup Winner ( Ferrari ) and us as winners of the Auto- Windscreen Trophy ( Fiat 500 )

I assume your "estimate" ? Monty being Aston Villa's current malaise ?

But as usual Monty - you got the wrong end of the stick - so to speak.

Villa 2 - Forest 2 good result for us if it stays like that - 5 minutes extra time ?

lbj, I have no objection to your constant sniping and trumpet blowing for the regime but do try to stop being quite such an ass. Of course Pete was speaking metaphorically you muppet; he would hardly suggest two football clubs had really transformed into cars. Jeez.

lbj
11-09-2016, 02:31 PM
I was only trying to help you understand the metaphorical nature of the post !

If you understand - why we're you saying Peters reference was wrong - and you were right ?

If I'm a MUPPET.....Can I be 'ANIMAL'

Which character would you be ?

The way you constantly deride my beautiful MILLERS - the only character I would choose for you is.....

Miss PIGGY !....But you choose one - just for fun !

rolymiller
11-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Is it one of their forwards Casper? One less to score against us on Wednesday!

Casper64Frank
11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Is it one of their forwards Casper? One less to score against us on Wednesday!

Pereira (spelling?) He's a defender roly, a right back I think. Decent player though, laid the second goal on for Lansbury.

millertop
11-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Another hard game, Forest have good strikers up front who will leave our defenders for dead.

Get Mattock back at LB for crying out loud.
GET A STRIKER UP FRONT.
Stubbs go and sit in the stands

rolymiller
11-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Yep

rolymiller
11-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Yep he needs to sit next to TS and watch the steam coming out of his ears when he sees how we defend.

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 04:40 PM
re Villa v Forest.... after 6 league games, Villa - a team that "has cost over £100 million, a team that we can't possibly compete with, etc" ... has won just one game, ie against us
Strangely enough the price tag didn't seem to prevent any of their other opponents from picking up at least a point. Of course if you sit back and defend, play 4-5-1 and don't try to knock them out of their stride, they find it easy to win

mikemiller
11-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Text keeps jamming

CAMiller
11-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Text keeps jamming

A bit like Bob Marley then XD

PeteWaller
11-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Mike, good observation regarding Villa and don't worry they'll blow the lead. If you remember a post a while back by our great footballing guru, PeteWaller, entitled "NO Disgrace whatsoever" in which the said Pete likened Villa to a Ferrari and us to a Fiat 500. Like a voice crying in the wilderness a certain Monty_Rhodes stated that Pete's estimate of Villa was way off the mark but as usual I was ignored and derided.

Tut tut Kempo. A few games in and you are so calling all the shots. £100 million v how much have we spent? I stand by what I said, Villa like the Ferrari and us like a Fiat 500. You'll be telling me Barnsley will get automatic promotion next.

You should not have been so wounded when I was politely advising you not to offer investment advice when you are only a doctor and didn't and don't have the authority to advise. Stick to the medicine and don't take things so personally. Move on as they say. I am happy to accept you are as much an Investment guru as I am a football guru. Let's just be happy Kemps that we share the same love in a footballing sense of course. 🤓

millertop
12-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Peter Bankes will ref this game, wonder if Halford will be sent off again

Brin
12-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Yes I'll take that.....

Millers be Forest on Wednesday....

We might even win another game....👍

millertop
13-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Yes I'll take that.....

Millers be Forest on Wednesday....

We might even win another game....��

My thoughts exactly Brin ;D

millertop
13-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Would like to see
Camp (let's hope Price is on the bench, we only had Bilboe last time out)
Fisher Wilson Fry MATTOCK
Adeyemi Vaulks
Ward Frecklington Brown
Blackstock

Subs Price/Bilboe Kelly Newell Yates Taylor Ball

millertop
13-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Forest are bringing just over 2,000 tomorrow

millertop
13-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Newell bruised his toe and got a fractured hand on Saturday so in doubt if he starts tomorrow.
Frecks is back :)

millertop
14-09-2016, 07:58 AM
We need to attack in the first minutes to get that goal, they have a weakened defence so go for it but we also need to defend tighter as they have good strikers (IMO)

They are fetching 2,000+ fans so we also need to make some noise (that's fell on deaf ears)

The good news is there isn't a storm brewing tonight (weather wise)

Ericsladkilnhurst
14-09-2016, 03:28 PM
It seems our defence can't be that bad, according to BBC sport, the Millers have faced the most shots this season, a total of 112 in the championship, letting in 14 goals.

sawmiller
14-09-2016, 04:22 PM
It seems our defence can't be that bad, according to BBC sport, the Millers have faced the most shots this season, a total of 112 in the championship, letting in 14 goals.

a need to close the opposition down before they get a shot away?