PDA

View Full Version : O/t shirlaws of Aberdeen

Lazylob
23-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Thinking about buying a motorbike from this company, anyone had any dealings or recommend?

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Afa dear min.

£5 they wanted for a new rear tyre for my Puch moped in 1975

I couldn't ever get that much money together and had to sell the bike.

What I really mean is, they've been around a long time.
They worked out of a shed just off King Street when I had dealings with them.

Buc
23-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Afa dear min.

£5 they wanted for a new rear tyre for my Puch moped in 1975

I couldn't ever get that much money together and had to sell the bike.

What I really mean is, they've been around a long time.
They worked out of a shed just off King Street when I had dealings with them.

Ah a puch moped I was going to get one from my parents think they were about £70 back indeed in 1975.

Went to that shop myself .glad I didn't get one as I don't think I would have been alive today just a bit too young I think at the time
But sure did want it then.

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Bright yellow it was, I bought it 2nd hand off a mate.
God knows how much for but it couldn't have been more that £20 and probably not even that.
Got me back and fore to my 1st job for a few months but I never could afford to fix it when it went wrong.

Christ, a flashback, I pushed it home from Woodside to Dyce one day ( muttering to myself whether Puch should be pronounced push)
Straight into the shed for a few months then sold it to some mannie who worked with my uncle.

Buc
23-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Bright yellow it was, I bought it 2nd hand off a mate.
God knows how much for but it couldn't have been more that £20 and probably not even that.
Got me back and fore to my 1st job for a few months but I never could afford to fix it when it went wrong.

Christ, a flashback, I pushed it home from Woodside to Dyce one day ( muttering to myself whether Puch should be pronounced push)
Straight into the shed for a few months then sold it to some mannie who worked with my uncle.

Pushed it from Woodside to Dyce can picture it now I'm even laughing as I'm texting .:)

Pacman1903
23-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Pushed it from Woodside to Dyce can picture it now I'm even laughing as I'm texting .:)

Im imagining the expletives being spat oot

scobiemacd
23-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Im imagining the expletives being spat oot

in those days they wouldn't have been censored either. Donsdaft could have said ****, ****, **** and ******* with wild abandon.

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 10:00 PM
I did

"Wild Abandon "

That just about sums up everything

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 10:03 PM

Laugh? you would have pished yersel when it started to rain just as I reached Stoneywood.

Bloody hell, I must have blanked this from my memory.

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 10:17 PM
The dream

http://i64.tinypic.com/64gdp1.jpg

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 10:21 PM
The reality

http://i66.tinypic.com/juba6b.jpg

donsdaft
23-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Christ, now that I think about it I did a lot of pushing in the mid seventies.

The bloke I bought the bike off bought a mark 1 cortina, that needed a fair amount of pushing as far as I can remember.

Also I remember going to check out the talent at the Commodore in Stonehaven.
Never got there because a back wheel came off a mates hillman imp.
I remember the wheel bouncing past us as it was fireworks from the axle scraping along the road.
I think his old man just came out the next day and recovered the wheel from a field.

F'uck knows how any of us survived into adulthood.

Buc
24-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Lol.

That reminds me of people getting push starties with their cars used to see that everyday..

Can even picture those cranking up to start your car with a metal thing you turned a wrist breaker indeed.

scobiemacd
24-09-2016, 11:02 AM
The reality

http://i66.tinypic.com/juba6b.jpg

Quite like that.

scobiemacd
24-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Lol.

That reminds me of people getting push starties with their cars used to see that everyday..

Can even picture those cranking up to start your car with a metal thing you turned a wrist breaker indeed.

every time I look at this thread I think it says 't shirt laws of aberdeen'. like you have to wear long sleeves on a tuesday or something.

InversneckieDob
24-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Also I remember going to check out the talent at the Commodore in Stonehaven.
Never got there because a back wheel came off a mates hillman imp.

Ah......The Commy.

Did you ever make it doon?

And did you sit on the "Booed-aff steps"?

TheDeeDon
24-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Did Shirlaws used to be based in Loch Street or the Green, before they moved to Crown Street?

I mind Bruce Miller and Shirlaws used to be in different locations when I was young but cannot remember which was where.

Donsdaft your posts about your bike deserved a lot of likes.

donsdaft
24-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Bruce Millers was in George Street and Shirlaws was definitely in the green

Thst was the last dealings I ever had with them.

Long story, suffice to say that Duncan and Todd wanted a delivery service from their workshop to their country practices.

I suggested a van but the accountant thought a motorcycle would be cheaper.

I've just deleted a hugh story
You'll have to buy me a pint to hear it.