PDA

View Full Version : iPhone help after IOS 10 upgrade

Feck_the_Huns
24-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Upgraded my son's iPhone 5S to IOS 10 last week and it fecked it, or bricked as the yoof seem to call it these days. Apple released a further update later on, 10.01, but still not much better.

Told to do a backup and restore, did that, slightly better but still unresponsive at time.

Did a complete reset on friday, and is a little better but still not right.

Anthing else I can do? Its less thn a year old.

Would the Apple Store, which is not where I bought it, fix it free of charge as its still under guarentee or do I need to return it to where I bought it?

supersneak
24-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Upgraded my son's iPhone 5S to IOS 10 last week and it fecked it, or bricked as the yoof seem to call it these days. Apple released a further update later on, 10.01, but still not much better.

Told to do a backup and restore, did that, slightly better but still unresponsive at time.

Did a complete reset on friday, and is a little better but still not right.

Anthing else I can do? Its less thn a year old.

Would the Apple Store, which is not where I bought it, fix it free of charge as its still under guarentee or do I need to return it to where I bought it?

Make an appointment with the genius bar at the Apple store, worst case they will replace it with a refurb if it is still under warranty. If they confirm a fault and you want a brand new replacement, you would have to take it back to the retailer.

scobiemacd
25-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Make an appointment with the genius bar at the Apple store, worst case they will replace it with a refurb if it is still under warranty. If they confirm a fault and you want a brand new replacement, you would have to take it back to the retailer.

Apple are usually quite good .