PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Crewe and Stoke City coach Steve Holland promoted to be England assistant manager

out0lunch
29-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Well done Steve.
We are now producing International coaches as well as players

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/ex-crewe-and-stoke-city-coach-steve-holland-promoted-to-be-england-assistant-manager/story-29763119-detail/story.html

ChalkDust
29-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Fair play to him, I still think with a little more time he would of turned us around.

AlexLeicester
29-09-2016, 01:01 PM
I disagree Chalkster. I think his whole demeanour was 'non-managerial', which is not actually a complete negative. As a coach he was, and has proved to be, technically, professionally and personally to be of the highest possible order. I just think the skills of being a manager are different from those of being a coach.
I am very, very pleased for the guy. He's a great bloke and clearly has the respect of top international footballers.

jamesdad
30-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Totally agree , a first class coach and he has earned this new role through his hard work. To move from being a number two to a number one is very hard . You need other skills to become a manager and SH had a go but has made a big name for himself as a number two . I was against him when he was our manager but have followed him as he has moved on and seen how he has gained the respect of players, managers and club owners. At Chelsea players and managers have come and gone but Steve is still there.

Furberstreet
30-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Credit to Steve Holland for what he has achieved since he left us. Agree that he is definitely a deputy rather than the manager. Never seemed comfortable as our manager.

paddockrefugee
30-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Can't imagine it was easy with someone controlling your every move?