PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Pick Someones Brain Over A Pint

Pacman1903
09-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Who would it be?

About 2 month ago this dude wouldnt be my answer but i know find his life fascinating and have read 3 of his books recently

The man who was the first to set foot in both poles

The man who ran 7 marathons in 6 days(not possible in 7 days like planned due to sunsets and rises) in 7 Continents, this after having a double heart bypass four months before

The man who failed climbing Everest due to the Altitude messing with his dicky ticker and immediatley set about climing the most dangerous climb in Europe as it wasnt as high but just as dangerous to make up for failing at Everest

The man who discovered the lost city of Imram in Oman

The man who went round the world on the polar axis (nobody else has done it)

And of course the man who amputated his frost bitten fingers with a jigsaw in his shed because the doctor would allow an operation.

Theres alot more. He may come across a stubborn b@stard but i suppose you have to be to do what he does. Hes also raised alomost 15m for charity over the years

The man in question. Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, 3rd Baronet,

Or Ranulph Fiennes for short. What a life

Buc
10-10-2016, 05:40 AM
One from the past would be my granda . just to ask him how life was for him and his family something I never done as a kid.
What a regret that is.

Nelson Mandela that would be something else..

Mohammad Ali what it was like refusing to go to war and chucking that gold medal in the river.

Great idea of a topic this.:heart:

standfreelee
10-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Off the top of my heed... Irvine Welsh. Think he'd be a good laugh full of tales.

Marc riley fae 6music and the fall. James Yorkston scottish singer-writer.

Eoin Jess, Lee Richardson - Heroes of my youth

Mason89
10-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Tony Wilson

He had quite an interesting and enjoyable life. Looked the type of chap who would be quite entertaining on a night out. I'd ask him wtf he was doing giving Vini Reilly money to record music