PDA

View Full Version : IndyRef2 ?

stewarty27
13-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Sturgeon at the SNP conference:
"I can confirm today that the Independence Referendum Bill will be published for consultation next week."
"It will be a new debate - not a rerun of 2014. We must not assume that people's views - yes or no - are the same today."

noahrab
13-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Must've been hard for her to think how she could open the SNP conference.

Bodie80
20-10-2016, 10:08 AM
"I can confirm today that the Independence Referendum Bill will be published for consultation next week."
"It will be a new debate - not a rerun of 2014. We must not assume that people's views - yes or no - are the same today." Correct more people would vote no if it was held today :D

spameater1
20-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Correct more people would vote no if it was held today :D

Maybe all the more reason to shelve Indyref talk for the foreseeable future and sit back and be amused by Theresa Mayhem's attempts at trying to appear as if she knows what she's doing about Brexit.;D

stewarty27
20-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Maybe all the more reason to shelve Indyref talk for the foreseeable future and sit back and be amused by Theresa Mayhem's attempts at trying to appear as if she knows what she's doing about Brexit.;D

Get your point Spam but can we afford to sit about laughing while the Tories take our country down the tubes.

noahrab
20-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Get your point Spam but can we afford to sit about laughing while the Tories take our country down the tubes.

...but sit about laughing while the SNP take our country down the tubes.

spameater1
20-10-2016, 03:42 PM
...but sit about laughing while the SNP take our country down the tubes.

Ok the floor's yours,give us some examples of the S.N.P taking. our Country going down the tubes

Bodie80
22-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Get your point Spam but can we afford to sit about laughing while the Tories take our country down the tubes. Have you had a look at the mess the SNP are making of our country ? The NHS, schools, police force to name a few things

Bodie80
22-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Ok the floor's yours,give us some examples of the S.N.P taking. our Country going down the tubes See above :)

Bodie80
22-10-2016, 12:54 PM
...but sit about laughing while the SNP take our country down the tubes. Spot on Noahrab

Bodie80
22-10-2016, 12:55 PM
"It will be a new debate - not a rerun of 2014. We must not assume that people's views - yes or no - are the same today." It ain't happening, our PM says no B)

Taintedice
23-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Have you had a look at the mess the SNP are making of our country ? The NHS, schools, police force to name a few thingsCan you be more specific or is it just propaganda you're spouting? Was everything just hunky-dory before the SNP took over? Or were you not really interested back then

Taintedice
23-10-2016, 03:55 PM
It ain't happening, our PM says no B)your PM, no-one else's.

stewarty27
23-10-2016, 04:41 PM
your PM, no-one else's.

Spot on she is unelected as PM. and she's got the nerve to talk about mandates. phuck you Maggie Thatcher2. Wonder if Bodie is a Maggie fan.

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Can you be more specific or is it just propaganda you're spouting? Was everything just hunky-dory before the SNP took over? Or were you not really interested back then Its not propaganda at all. I've a family member and a friend that are in the police who have both served for 20 plus years and both tell me the SNP have made a complete phuck up of the police force. I also know both a teacher and a nurse who both are not impressed with what the SNP are doing to their professions.

I wasn't as interested in politics back then but when the SNP want to break up our nation my interest grew

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Spot on she is unelected as PM. and she's got the nerve to talk about mandates. phuck you Maggie Thatcher2. Wonder if Bodie is a Maggie fan. I am too young to comment on Thatcher and it's too soon to really judge May but I like the way she is keeping Sturgeon in check. B)

And Sturgeon, respect the Scottish people, we said no only 2 years ago, we don't want another referendum that causes hatred and division. Do what you are elected to do and run the country properly. So phuck you Sturgeon

spameater1
24-10-2016, 10:35 AM
I am too young to comment on Thatcher and it's too soon to really judge May but I like the way she is keeping Sturgeon in check. B)

And Sturgeon, respect the Scottish people, we said no only 2 years ago, we don't want another referendum that causes hatred and division. Do what you are elected to do and run the country properly. So phuck you Sturgeon

So going by your self satisfied logic we should never have another election ever,are the people not allowed to change their mind in Bodie's wee smug world?

Taintedice
24-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Its not propaganda at all. I've a family member and a friend that are in the police who have both served for 20 plus years and both tell me the SNP have made a complete phuck up of the police force. I also know both a teacher and a nurse who both are not impressed with what the SNP are doing to their professions.

I wasn't as interested in politics back then but when the SNP want to break up our nation my interest grewso nothing specific, just some bull from your huge collection of imaginary friends XD

Did you read about the junior doctors striking in England? Probably not. How would the police and teaching staff rate the tories?

Taintedice
24-10-2016, 10:56 AM
I am too young to comment on Thatcher and it's too soon to really judge May but I like the way she is keeping Sturgeon in check. B)

And Sturgeon, respect the Scottish people, we said no only 2 years ago, we don't want another referendum that causes hatred and division. Do what you are elected to do and run the country properly. So phuck you Sturgeonyou're in your 50s ffs, absolute cringe at the sh1te you post on here, especially about your 'family' XD

Weren't you made redundant a few years ago, who do you blame for that?

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 10:57 AM
so nothing specific, just some bull from your huge collection of imaginary friends XD

Did you read about the junior doctors striking in England? Probably not. How would the police and teaching staff rate the tories? This is not about England, it's about Scotland and it's not bull from my family member or friends at all. They work in the professions so know better than anyone who doesn't does

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 11:00 AM
you're in your 50s ffs, absolute cringe at the sh1te you post on here, especially about your 'family' XD

Weren't you made redundant a few years ago, who do you blame for that? You are wrong Taintedice I am not in my 50s. Yes I was made redundant a few years ago. I blame the SNP :) No I don't really, it was that job was moved to the central region

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 11:01 AM
So going by your self satisfied logic we should never have another election ever,are the people not allowed to change their mind in Bodie's wee smug world? Not 2 years after a once in a generation vote.
And I'm certainly not smug Spameater. I am happy with life though. We are here for a good time

Taintedice
24-10-2016, 11:09 AM
This is not about England, it's about Scotland and it's not bull from my family member or friends at all. They work in the professions so know better than anyone who doesn't doeseveryone who works in the public sector complains about everything XD were they all happy under labour?

Taintedice
24-10-2016, 11:12 AM
You are wrong Taintedice I am not in my 50s. Yes I was made redundant a few years ago. I blame the SNP :) No I don't really, it was that job was moved to the central regionneither are you in your 20s or 30s, although play the ignorance card if you like.

stewarty27
24-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Not 2 years after a once in a generation vote.
And I'm certainly not smug Spameater. I am happy with life though. We are here for a good time

Lets nail this "once in a generation" shyte once and for all. What Salmond said was IN MY OPINION this is a once in a lifetime opportunity" read to the quote... he was giving his OPINION !! Alex Salmond talks a lot of sense but on this his OPINION is not my opinion and not the opinion of hundreds of thousands of Scots. A second referendum is a matter exclusively for the people of Scotland.Not Salmond or May

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Lets nail this "once in a generation" shyte once and for all. What Salmond said was IN MY OPINION this is a once in a lifetime opportunity" read to the quote... he was giving his OPINION !! Alex Salmond talks a lot of sense but on this his OPINION is not my opinion and not the opinion of hundreds of thousands of Scots. A second referendum is a matter exclusively for the people of Scotland.Not Salmond or May And hundreds of thousands of Scots don't want to be put through another destructive and hate filled ( on both sides may I add ) referendum.All we want is for the SNP to put all their efforts into running the country to the best of their ability which quite clearly they are not doing just now

Bodie80
24-10-2016, 11:44 AM
neither are you in your 20s or 30s, although play the ignorance card if you like. I'm not playing ignorant Taintedice just telling the truth. When you get to my age you don't want any years added on life goes far to quick

Taintedice
24-10-2016, 12:20 PM
If you're too young to comment on thatcher you must have plenty years left.

stewarty27
24-10-2016, 01:22 PM
And hundreds of thousands of Scots don't want to be put through another destructive and hate filled ( on both sides may I add ) referendum.All we want is for the SNP to put all their efforts into running the country to the best of their ability which quite clearly they are not doing just now

A helluva lot of NO voters feel betrayed by the lies they were told Bodie. Are you really saying they should have absolutely no recourse to this ? As for the SNP given the financial pressure they are being put under through Tory austerity policies. They are doing a fine job. If this was not so why did the Scottish people return them to power ?

Bodie80
25-10-2016, 10:27 AM
If you're too young to comment on thatcher you must have plenty years left. Hopefully I do Taintedice, likewise for you :)

Bodie80
25-10-2016, 10:37 AM
A helluva lot of NO voters feel betrayed by the lies they were told Bodie. Are you really saying they should have absolutely no recourse to this ? As for the SNP given the financial pressure they are being put under through Tory austerity policies. They are doing a fine job. If this was not so why did the Scottish people return them to power ? You're lot weren't exactly truthful Stewarty. I'm saying we had a referendum, you're lot don't like the result so will look for anyway to drum up support for another one. Will this keep happening until you get the result you want ? You are like a bunch of bairns that have thrown their toys out of the pram. Look at Sturgeon, whatever WM says she disagrees, it's really tiresome when she should be looking closer to home. They most certainly are not doing a fine job IMO. The Scottish people returned them to power as Labour is a mess, they will not vote Tory and the SNP are the party for handouts, they have frozen council tax, free prescriptions, free bus passes etc. People that are stupid think these cost nothing but of course they are not free, they have to be paid somehow and that's at the expense of our police, NHS and schools. Look at the state of our roads which are diabolical. There is also the freedom braveheart types that will vote SNP at any cost.

Taintedice
25-10-2016, 12:14 PM
The SNP don't really care about roads, that's the job of Transport Scotland or local councils. The public sector is bloated but I don't see any of them losing their jobs or pensions. The SNP want independence and as long as they have a majority in Holyrood, they will pursue that. Up to the Unionists to get off their arses and get their party into power.

Bodie80
25-10-2016, 02:36 PM
The SNP don't really care about roads, that's the job of Transport Scotland or local councils. The public sector is bloated but I don't see any of them losing their jobs or pensions. The SNP want independence and as long as they have a majority in Holyrood, they will pursue that. Up to the Unionists to get off their arses and get their party into power. With council,tax being frozen for so long will surely effect the road budget.
I totally agree with your points about the SNP and also that the Unionists need to get voting. The problem is that the Scottish people will not vote Tory and the Labour Party is a complete mess. I do like Davidson who I think would do a better job than Sturgeon but that unfortunately will never happen.

Taintedice
25-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Plenty Scots would vote for the Scottish tories if they presented themselves as Scottish first, unionist second. They are a bit like the Scottish version of The Sun, damned by association with the scummy English version. Labour are the same, Dugdale is anti-Corbyn but no-one cares. The SNP are at least independent of outside influence and are going to be attractive due to that.

stewarty27
25-10-2016, 03:49 PM
The bottom line is and alway will be. The SNP will always look after Scotland's interests first. The same just cannot be said of Tories and Labour they ultimately answer to London. As Bodie says with Labour in such a mess Scottish politics has become very polarised ie Nationalists v Unionists. The Labour vote has mostly gone to the SNP but the hardline Labour Yoons are voting Tory. That's what its coming down to in Scotland. Used to be SNP V Labour now its v Tories. Scotland's only Labour MP Ian Murray would never have got elected without thousands of Tories voting for him. Better decide who's side your on !! :D

noahrab
26-10-2016, 09:39 AM
The bottom line is and alway will be. The SNP will always look after Scotland's interests first. The same just cannot be said of Tories and Labour they ultimately answer to London. As Bodie says with Labour in such a mess Scottish politics has become very polarised ie Nationalists v Unionists. The Labour vote has mostly gone to the SNP but the hardline Labour Yoons are voting Tory. That's what its coming down to in Scotland. Used to be SNP V Labour now its v Tories. Scotland's only Labour MP Ian Murray would never have got elected without thousands of Tories voting for him. Better decide who's side your on !! :D

The SNP will always loom after their OWN interests first.