PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Scotland

Bodie80
04-11-2016, 01:50 PM
A big order for the Clyde shipyard which secures many jobs for years to come :)

Taintedice
04-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Fantastic news. This is happening now, yeah?

Bodie80
05-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Fantastic news. This is happening now, yeah? Starting next year securing thousands of jobs for twenty plus years. Brilliant news for the workers on the Clyde :)

Bodie80
05-11-2016, 10:36 AM
What is you views on this tremendous news for Scotland Stewarty, Buc ?

stewarty27
05-11-2016, 12:39 PM
What is you views on this tremendous news for Scotland Stewarty, Buc ?

Its obviously good news for the work force. But its extremely conditional as this clip shows. Basically if Scotland exercises its democratic will they will take this work away from those guys. The fact is those ships could be built on the clyde whether Scotland was Independent or Not. Watch the clip Bodie and tell me what you think Fallon is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxtNeZJn0VM

claw84
05-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Its obviously good news for the work force. But its extremely conditional as this clip shows. Basically if Scotland exercises its democratic will they will take this work away from those guys. The fact is those ships could be built on the clyde whether Scotland was Independent or Not. Watch the clip Bodie and tell me what you think Fallon is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxtNeZJn0VMWhat Fallon is saying is that if Scotland stays in the UKthere is work for 20 years or so even if Scotland left the contracts are signed, quite simple.

stewarty27
05-11-2016, 07:44 PM
What Fallon is saying is that if Scotland stays in the UKthere is work for 20 years or so even if Scotland left the contracts are signed, quite simple.

Anything but simple claw. He totally refused to answer the guy's question on that. Watch it again and tell me where he say's that.

noahrab
06-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Anything but simple claw. He totally refused to answer the guy's question on that. Watch it again and tell me where he say's that.

Wee Willie is Phuckin beelin about work for Scottish workers.

Kinda phucks up his English basturd narrative.

Bodie80
06-11-2016, 11:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxtNeZJn0VM Eh, I never heard him saying if we were independent the work would be taken away.
The fact is that these ships are going to be built on the Clyde and secure thousands of jobs for at least a decade. Brilliant news for Scotland especially the shipbuilders

Bodie80
06-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Wee Willie is Phuckin beelin about work for Scottish workers.

Kinda phucks up his English basturd narrative. Very true Noahrab, The SNP and their freedom fighter followers would not be happy if the uk government gave Scotland's workers hundreds of thousands of jobs. They would still find fault with it as all they care about is independence at any cost to Scotland and its people

claw84
06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Stewarty, all ministers are evasive with their replies however Fallon came to Glasgow to tell the shipbuilders that the 8 Frigates and also 2 offshore patrol boats would be built on the Clyde. In addition as we know there are 2 aircraft carriers being
fitted out in Rosyth So as the OP has said its good news for Scotland.

stewarty27
06-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Very true Noahrab, The SNP and their freedom fighter followers would not be happy if the uk government gave Scotland's workers hundreds of thousands of jobs. They would still find fault with it as all they care about is independence at any cost to Scotland and its people

Stop licking the board bullies @rse Bodie he doesn't like you and it makes you look like a groveling little pipsqueak. Learn to do what everybody else does ignore the loud mouthed browbeater.

Now I will state for the record I'm very happy there will now be work for those on the Clyde. They have a fantastic record of Shipbuilding and in my view they will do the best job. Now the question is was the blackmail they used in 2014 removed by Fallon's refusal to answer a straightforward question ? BAE have issued a statement ..

“BAE confirmed to STV News that there is nothing in the contract that would prevent work continuing on the Clyde in the event of a Yes vote in another referendum.”
How I analyze this is... A win win for an Independent Scotland. Is your view if we vote for Independence they will take this order away ?

stewarty27
06-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Stewarty, all ministers are evasive with their replies however Fallon came to Glasgow to tell the shipbuilders that the 8 Frigates and also 2 offshore patrol boats would be built on the Clyde. In addition as we know there are 2 aircraft carriers being
fitted out in Rosyth So as the OP has said its good news for Scotland.

Claw I'm in a 100% agreement with you its is great news for those workers on the Clyde in all the world there's nobody can do a better job than them. The real question is if Scotland decides to be Independent will those contract's be honoured. It seems BAE are now saying there is nothing in the contract that say the work would be removed

“BAE confirmed to STV News that there is nothing in the contract that would prevent work continuing on the Clyde in the event of a Yes vote in another referendum.”

Why wouldn't Fallon answer that simple question ? Could it be he didn't want to admit that the work is now there WHATEVER happens to Scotland constitutional situation ?

noahrab
06-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Stop licking the board bullies @rse Bodie he doesn't like you and it makes you look like a groveling little pipsqueak. Learn to do what everybody else does ignore the loud mouthed browbeater.

Now I will state for the record I'm very happy there will now be work for those on the Clyde. They have a fantastic record of Shipbuilding and in my view they will do the best job. Now the question is was the blackmail they used in 2014 removed by Fallon's refusal to answer a straightforward question ? BAE have issued a statement ..

How I analyze this is... A win win for an Independent Scotland. Is your view if we vote for Independence they will take this order away ?

Wee Willie seems to be wee Willie feartie now :)

The UK gov doesn't put warships out to be built outwith the uk.

Bodie80
06-11-2016, 04:33 PM

How I analyze this is... A win win for an Independent Scotland. Is your view if we vote for Independence they will take this order away ? I'm not lickimg anyone's erse Stewarty and if Noaharab likes me or dislikes me only he knows and it doesn't change my life one bit. And I don't see him coming across as a bully, it's an Internet forum for goodness sake.
My view is we will not vote for independence so the contract will be safe and these men will have the security of work for a long time

stewarty27
06-11-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm not lickimg anyone's erse Stewarty and if Noaharab likes me or dislikes me only he knows and it doesn't change my life one bit. And I don't see him coming across as a bully, it's an Internet forum for goodness sake.
My view is we will not vote for independence so the contract will be safe and these men will have the security of work for a long time

See you just don't know what will happen in the future Bodie. Its quite possible there will be another referendum and its also quite possible we could vote Yes this time. So indulge me for a minute. If we did vote for our Independence do you think the rUK would cancel the contract with BAE ? What would be the legal position on this ? And as BAE are saying there is NO proviso to end the contract if Scotland goes independent. Remember BAE are not the government but a private contractor. Its an interesting one even you must concede that.

On the subject of the bully watch yourself with him mate the folk I have had conversations with on this board through PMs all think he's a nasty piece of work.

noahrab
06-11-2016, 09:05 PM
See you just don't know what will happen in the future Bodie. Its quite possible there will be another referendum and its also quite possible we could vote Yes this time. So indulge me for a minute. If we did vote for our Independence do you think the rUK would cancel the contract with BAE ? What would be the legal position on this ? And as BAE are saying there is NO proviso to end the contract if Scotland goes independent. Remember BAE are not the government but a private contractor. Its an interesting one even you must concede that.

On the subject of the bully watch yourself with him mate the folk I have had conversations with on this board through PMs all think he's a nasty piece of work.

The UK government does not put sophisticated warships out to be built outwith the UK.

See if I ever got to the stage of discussing any anonymous forum with ANYONE.....that would tell me it's time to give it up :)

Bodie80
07-11-2016, 04:34 PM

On the subject of the bully watch yourself with him mate the folk I have had conversations with on this board through PMs all think he's a nasty piece of work. I could see the contract getting cancelled if Scotland did get independence but I do t see that happening any time soon. How am I meant to know the legal side of such a contract ? Yes it is an interesting one I do concede that.

As for Noahrab I have no problem with him at all. I dont get what you mean to watch myself, it's an anonymous Internet forum

stewarty27
08-11-2016, 01:49 PM
I could see the contract getting cancelled if Scotland did get independence but I do t see that happening any time soon. How am I meant to know the legal side of such a contract ? Yes it is an interesting one I do concede that.

Well Bodie I'm possibly coming round to your view on this issue. I think the British Gov are laying a minefield on this one and come Indyref2 they will use this as a threat to withdraw this contract if there is a Yes vote. If this is the case its a great shame to use the work force as a bargaining chip. There is absolutely no reason these ships cannot be built in Scotland even if we are Independent there is no better place in the UK for this sort of job. I hope the Scottish Gov will negate this with a cast iron guarantee that an Independent Scotland will foot the bill to complete the Frigates. This can be done using the costed defence budget of 2 % GDP as per the White Paper Scotlands Future. These frigates might be more than the requirements of an Independent Scotland (but bear in mind our huge coastline, strategic location and commitment to NATO) if so, some could be sold to recover the outlay.

Im sure wit5hin the workforce on the Clyde there are many who believe in Independence but actually voted No to protect their futures I hope these guys look at ALL the options come Indyre2. Remember the Tories have already betrayed them on this contract cutting it from 13 to 8 ships and they may well betray them again. I personally don't trust the Tories as far as I can throw them..there's no reason the shipyard worker should trust them either.

spameater1
08-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Very true Noahrab, The SNP and their freedom fighter followers would not be happy if the uk government gave Scotland's workers hundreds of thousands of jobs. They would still find fault with it as all they care about is independence at any cost to Scotland and its people

Absolute rubbish,of course everybody's over the moon about all these new jobs for Scottish workers,but pardon me for being a bit cynical about a Government that more or less let the "BRITISH" Steel industry die but are prepared to plough millions into a Japanese car manufacturer.

Bodie80
09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
You don't trust the Tories Stewarty, I don't trust any political party, infact I don't trust any politician. They are all in it for themselves no matter what they say

stewarty27
09-11-2016, 02:31 PM
You don't trust the Tories Stewarty, I don't trust any political party, infact I don't trust any politician. They are all in it for themselves no matter what they say

:) Difficult to argue with this Bodie. What we saw with the expenses scandal showed how the majority are in it for themselves. I suppose it depends on which side of the fence we sit taking politics as a basic Left/ Right beliefs. I myself am on the left and see most Tory politicians as looking out for their own and their ilk interests, But also I watch how Labour MPs in Scotland flaunted their sense on entitlement for many years. Gravy train some called it.

No many "" conviction politicians these days ! Again it depends who you trust most.. And I think you know my views on that ;D

Taintedice
09-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Stop licking the board bullies @rsestewarty, thought we talked about this, using what you think are real names, targetting folk, calling people bullies, it's got to stop. noahrab is a guy who wants to know what an independent scotland will look like. also a good windup merchant and unfortunately no dabs left so has to go elsewhere. there is no bullying, no aggression in any of his posts, come on eh, settle down!

Taintedice
09-11-2016, 03:16 PM
You don't trust the Tories Stewarty, I don't trust any political party, infact I don't trust any politician. They are all in it for themselves no matter what they sayyou voted tory, stop talking your ****e!!

fao stewarty, that's possibly a 'bullying' post :D

Bodie80
09-11-2016, 04:23 PM
you voted tory, stop talking your ****e!!

fao stewarty, that's possibly a 'bullying' post :D I stil don't trust them though but one thing I do trust them with more than any other party is the economy

stewarty27
09-11-2016, 04:55 PM
stewarty, thought we talked about this, using what you think are real names, targetting folk, calling people bullies, it's got to stop. noahrab is a guy who wants to know what an independent scotland will look like. also a good windup merchant and unfortunately no dabs left so has to go elsewhere. there is no bullying, no aggression in any of his posts, come on eh, settle down!

Fair enough Tainted its an informed opinion and one that is shared with other board users. I have tried in the past to reach out and have some reasonable and mature debate sadly it was never reciprocated and was met with aggression and a schoolboy need for one upmanship. And I suppose I have responded it a similar immature way for that I will apologise to Noah. way Anyway you'll hear no more from me on the subject of this particular poster.

Taintedice
09-11-2016, 04:58 PM
bodie, you have no idea what's going on if you think the SNP control the uk economy. I genuinely dislike you for your behaviour when you were deemo, you sucked up to dabs like stevie storm and that vile creature gflower. So phukk you, but I will say you can say what you want. That is being human.

Taintedice
09-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Fair enough Tainted its an informed opinion and one that is shared with other board users. I have tried in the past to reach out and have some reasonable and mature debate sadly it was never reciprocated and was met with aggression and a schoolboy need for one upmanship. And I suppose I have responded it a similar immature way for that I will apologise to Noah. way Anyway you'll hear no more from me on the subject of this particular poster.no its not, noahrab and myself are dundee fans, we are the first and last line of defence against the PJM, the dabs, stewarty, ask yourself why everyone hates the dabs. if you can't get your point over to a poster, don't abuse them, just move on ok. unless it's a hun.

noahrab
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Fair enough Tainted its an informed opinion and one that is shared with other board users. I have tried in the past to reach out and have some reasonable and mature debate sadly it was never reciprocated and was met with aggression and a schoolboy need for one upmanship. And I suppose I have responded it a similar immature way for that I will apologise to Noah. way Anyway you'll hear no more from me on the subject of this particular poster.

You couldn't answer the questions I posed so ran away in the huff.

Shove yer phuckin apology.

stewarty27
09-11-2016, 08:42 PM
no its not, noahrab and myself are dundee fans, we are the first and last line of defence against the PJM, the dabs, stewarty, ask yourself why everyone hates the dabs. if you can't get your point over to a poster, don't abuse them, just move on ok. unless it's a hun.

Aye thats fine Tainted as I said there will be no more abuse from towards noah.

spameater1
09-11-2016, 11:08 PM
I stil don't trust them though but one thing I do trust them with more than any other party is the economy

So you trust a Party that wouldn't help the British Steel industry but bend over backwards to subsidise a Japanese Car Manufacturer,what a pathetic excuse for a Brit you really are.

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 09:23 AM
bodie, you have no idea what's going on if you think the SNP control the uk economy. I genuinely dislike you for your behaviour when you were deemo, you sucked up to dabs like stevie storm and that vile creature gflower. So phukk you, but I will say you can say what you want. That is being human. I never said that. It's an anonymous Internet forum and you genuinely dislike me, wow :)

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 10:37 AM
So you trust a Party that wouldn't help the British Steel industry but bend over backwards to subsidise a Japanese Car Manufacturer,what a pathetic excuse for a Brit you really are. I think if you look into things it is not quite as simple as you say.

And keep the insults coming :). Is board is full of posters that are supposidly grown men throwing playground insults about, truely pathetic but as I say Spameater keep them coming I couldn't care less what you think of me :)

spameater1
10-11-2016, 10:46 AM
I think if you look into things it is not quite as simple as you say.

And keep the insults coming :). Is board is full of posters that are supposidly grown men throwing playground insults about, truely pathetic but as I say Spameater keep them coming I couldn't care less what you think of me :)

Funny how when anyone asks you a question you cant answer you play the playground poor me victim card,man up ffs if you cant take it why don't you go and post on the Peoples Friend forum.

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Funny how when anyone asks you a question you cant answer you play the playground poor me victim card,man up ffs if you cant take it why don't you go and post on the Peoples Friend forum. Me man up, you couldn't make this sh1t up. It's me taking all the insults and as I say I couldn't give a phuck.
I've told you I trust the government with the economy more than any of the other parties. As for the steel industry it was costing the taxpayer millions to stop it running at a loss. The Japanese car industry in this country doesn't run at a loss and also creates thousands of jobs not only building cars but other areas as well

Go on then Spameater either post a picture or throw an insult at me

stewarty27
10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
I stil don't trust them though but one thing I do trust them with more than any other party is the economy

A successful economy should work for ALL the people Bodie ! yet under this Tory economy we have the rich getting richer than ever before and our most poor and vulnerable in a terrible state child poverty, foodbanks, pensioners unable to heat their homes. When these Tories came to power in 2008 the National debt was just over half a TRILLION, Now its 1.7 TRILLION !! how the phuck in any sense of the imagination is good governance of the economy ??? .. And here's the scary part we will probably be Governed by these Tories for the next 20 years !!!

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 11:00 AM
A successful economy should work for ALL the people Bodie ! yet under this Tory economy we have the rich getting richer than ever before and our most poor and vulnerable in a terrible state child poverty, foodbanks, pensioners unable to heat their homes. When these Tories came to power in 2008 the National debt was just over half a TRILLION, Now its 1.7 TRILLION !! how the phuck in any sense of the imagination is good governance of the economy ??? .. And here's the scary part we will probably be Governed by these Tories for the next 20 years !!! It has and always be like that Stewarty. There has and always will be poor, working class, rich and super rich people. I'm most definitely working class earning not a lot ,ore than the living wage as are most of my mates. We all feel in the times we are things are okay. I certainly feel better off now than a few years back. I've also managed to get a job after redundancy then get another one. I've no friends or family members out of work. Going back a few years I did. The Tories are making not a bad job of sorting out the mess they were left, remember the note, there is no money left. It all about opinions

Mook1
10-11-2016, 11:07 AM
It has and always be like that Stewarty. There has and always will be poor, working class, rich and super rich people. I'm most definitely working class earning not a lot ,ore than the living wage as are most of my mates. We all feel in the times we are things are okay. I certainly feel better off now than a few years back. I've also managed to get a job after redundancy then get another one. I've no friends or family members out of work. Going back a few years I did. The Tories are making not a bad job of sorting out the mess they were left, remember the note, there is no money left. It all about opinions

There it is, your typical 'I'm alright, Jack' tory shyte, right there.

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 11:12 AM
And I will say the more I hear Sturgeon speak the more I dislike her and think she doesn't have a clue. The deal with the Chinese worth a lot of money they screwed up has quietly slipped under the radar. The phuck up with the farmers claiming grants on a supposedly state of the art new system also slipped by. Police Scotland, NHS targets, classroom sizes, the community charge etc ......
Anyway it's not just me, you should here the abuse she gets in my local. As I said it's all about opinions

Bodie80
10-11-2016, 11:13 AM
There it is, your typical 'I'm alright, Jack' tory shyte, right there. What is wrong with me wanting what is best for me and the people closest to me ?
And it's not shyte
And Mook you don't know me so don't have a clue what I or my closest do for other people so take your opinion which is so very, very wrong and stick it where the sun don't shine. I don't know what you do for other people but I would put my hard earned cash on it that I and my closest have and do more than you do

Mook1
10-11-2016, 11:21 AM
What is wrong with me wanting what is best for me and the people closest to me ?
And it's not shyte
And Mook you don't know me so don't have a clue what I or my closest do for other people so take your opinion which is so very, very wrong and stick it where the sun don't shine. I don't know what you do for other people but I would put my hard earned cash on it that I and my closest have and do more than you do

That's the visual equivalent to white noise :D

spameater1
10-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Me man up, you couldn't make this sh1t up. It's me taking all the insults and as I say I couldn't give a phuck.
I've told you I trust the government with the economy more than any of the other parties. As for the steel industry it was costing the taxpayer millions to stop it running at a loss. The Japanese car industry in this country doesn't run at a loss and also creates thousands of jobs not only building cars but other areas as well

Go on then Spameater either post a picture or throw an insult at me

Ok let's get this straight,British Government wont fund British Steel industry but invested £3.8 billion in the Swedish steel industry,and invest millions into a Japanese car Manufacturer that according to you is doing Spiffingly well.No very Patriotic this British Government that you keep breast beating about.B.T.W you keep bangin' on about what's best for your family etc.Are they Japanese or Swedish by any chance?:?

claw84
11-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Ok let's get this straight,British Government wont fund British Steel industry but invested £3.8 billion in the Swedish steel industry,and invest millions into a Japanese car Manufacturer that according to you is doing Spiffingly well.No very Patriotic this British Government that you keep breast beating about.B.T.W you keep bangin' on about what's best for your family etc.Are they Japanese or Swedish by any chance?:?

Sorry, Spameater but Bodie talks a lot of sense, since the Tories got back in in 2010 there have been a over a million more jobs created, and Nissan did not receive money from the govt.

Bodie80
12-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Sorry, Spameater but Bodie talks a lot of sense, since the Tories got back in in 2010 there have been a over a million more jobs created, and Nissan did not receive money from the govt. Spot on Claw.

spameater1
12-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Sorry, Spameater but Bodie talks a lot of sense, since the Tories got back in in 2010 there have been a over a million more jobs created, and Nissan did not receive money from the govt.

Really?

by vague assurances
In any case, all the cards were in his hands. The Government was desperate to win this investment as a symbol of international confidence in post-Brexit Britain. Just think what the message would have been had Nissan decided instead to invest in France.
Yet in agreeing to Mr Ghosn’s demands, the Government has got itself into a terrible hole. If it is to compensate Nissan for tariffs, then it would have to do so for the rest of the motor industry, and if the motor industry is to be compensated, then logically almost anyone facing tariffs in exporting to Europe would have to get the same treatment.
Let’s leave aside the considerable complexities of such arrangements, the only feasible way of paying for it would be to impose countervailing tariffs. This in turn would trigger a trade war with Europe, for in essence, importers would be made to pay the costs of subsidising British industry.

Inside the Nissan plant in Sunderland Credit: OLI SCARFF/AFP/Getty Images
All of which makes whatever promises were made to Nissan a huge gamble on eventually ending up with tariff-free trade. And while any rational organisation would immediately agree such an outcome, with Brexit we are looking at a possibly quite messy divorce. There is no guarantee the EU will behave rationally.
It’s good that Nissan has decided to invest further, but at what cost? It’s also good that the Government is leaning over backwards to support our foreign-owned motor industry. But despite its totemic status, it’s worth recalling that the entire automotive sector amounts to less than 1pc of the UK economy. And in favouring one sector, governments almost invariably end up disadvantaging others. As ministers are about to find out, industrial intervention isn’t the panacea they imagine.