View Full Version : Win Ratio

St Kitts Magpie
27-11-2016, 03:23 AM
JS is now below Moniz & Derry for win ratio % when they were sacked

Derry 33.8%

Moniz 32.35%

Sheridan currently at 32%

With Trew's track record for firing its another area of concern for JS

And with the next 5 opponents in December Posh (h) , Wycombe (h) , Colchester (a) , Donny (h) & Carlisle ( h) this could get much worse bearing in mind our home form

As someone mentioned earlier about Rays twitching finger..........

SolSigns
27-11-2016, 04:28 AM
someone mentioned earlier about Rays twitching finger..........

It always happens around squeaky bum time.

upthemaggies
27-11-2016, 09:02 AM

Derry 33.8%

Moniz 32.35%

And with the next 5 opponents in December Posh (h) , Wycombe (h) , Colchester (a) , Donny (h) & Carlisle ( h) this could get much worse bearing in mind our home form

As draws also count I prefer to look at the average points per game ratio, but Sheridan is still behind Derry and Moniz on 1.16 points per game (Derry and Moniz both had 1.21).

Don't think Trew would sack Sheridan unless we were in real trouble, more than 4 points adrift of safety or something like that, otherwise it would just be more expense in the hope of merely finishing a few places higher up the table. Doubt he believes anybody could come in and guide this team into the play-offs.

St Kitts Magpie
27-11-2016, 05:48 PM
My point was only about Win Ratio but your point about average points is also valid

Either way , its not a pretty picture...

GranthamPie
27-11-2016, 05:56 PM
not sure that Ray Trew gives a **** anymore, so it's highly unlikely that Sheridan will be sacked.

eastwoodmagpie
27-11-2016, 06:05 PM
not sure that Ray Trew gives a **** anymore, so it's highly unlikely that Sheridan will be sacked.

Perhaps Sheridan now knows he has signed such a bad bunch that are going nowhere so he keeps playing them hoping he gets the sack and a payout of his contract.

marshall55
27-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Derry 33.8%

Moniz 32.35%

I bet his a r s e is twitching more.

LaxtonLad
27-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Perhaps Sheridan now knows he has signed such a bad bunch that are going nowhere so he keeps playing them hoping he gets the sack and a payout of his contract.

I doubt that Jimmy Sirrell could do anything with this lot, but then again, most of them wouldn`t even be here, Jimmy would have laughed them out the door.

irish_pie
27-11-2016, 09:16 PM
It could be another January window where 5 or 6 are moved out in order to bring a few in, Laing,Collins and Oliver are on loan until then and to be honest I might keep Collins but the other 2 can go but looking at Sheridan's recruits in the summer I wonder who he would bring in to improve this team...quite scary actually

forwardmagpie
06-08-2019, 09:01 AM
I doubt that Jimmy Sirrell could do anything with this lot, but then again, most of them wouldn`t even be here, Jimmy would have laughed them out the door.

I had the honour of speaking to Jimmy at half time at a game and asked him what he thought the problem was.

He replied “It’s talent sonny, a lack of it”

Enough said.

DelroyFacey22
06-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Why have you brought a topic from 2016 back? XD

Bohinen
06-08-2019, 09:18 AM

Bit weird, isn't it? I lived on the same street as JS but the only conversations we ever had were when he was stomping off down the hill to to the Cross Keys when it was snowing and he couldn't drive his car, and they consisted mainly of eeh, aye, y'alright and so on. Still, it's one step further than nodding acquaintances.

Anyway, the post is still relevant to the discussion from last night when Sid argued that 32% was a good win ratio.

sidders
06-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Bit weird, isn't it? I lived on the same street as JS but the only conversations we ever had were when he was stomping off down the hill to to the Cross Keys when it was snowing and he couldn't drive his car, and they consisted mainly of eeh, aye, y'alright and so on. Still, it's one step further than nodding acquaintances.

Anyway, the post is still relevant to the discussion from last night when Sid argued that 32% was a good win ratio.

Over 7 years and allowing for a loss of 10 in 12 at the end, it was okay. Not brilliant, but okay.

upthemaggies
06-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Psychologically, home wins always seem to count for more because you keep the majority of your support happy if they're watching their team win more than they lose. Ardley's won only two home games since his very first home game v Tranmere. Big opportunity this week to start putting that right.

It's good to have a long term plan, but you still need to win games in the meantime. Other clubs aren't going to stand still and watch whilst you fanny about trying to get your act together. After 5 games last season many people were saying, "it'll take time to gel", "there's 8 months to go", "get real", "get a grip" etc. but it was basically those first 5 games that killed us, it was the worst 5 game run of the season, that's where the damage was really done.

The team have to go out and be positive in these next two fixtures.

MAD_MAGPIE
06-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Psychologically, home wins always seem to count for more because you keep the majority of your support happy if they're watching their team win more than they lose. Ardley's won only two home games since his very first home game v Tranmere. Big opportunity this week to start putting that right.

It's good to have a long term plan, but you still need to win games in the meantime. Other clubs aren't going to stand still and watch whilst you fanny about trying to get your act together. After 5 games last season many people were saying, "it'll take time to gel", "there's 8 months to go", "get real", "get a grip" etc. but it was basically those first 5 games that killed us, it was the worst 5 game run of the season, that's where the damage was really done.

The team have to go out and be positive in these next two fixtures.

So true. This is what was the undoing of Keith Curle the home performances. Away from home we were solid as a rock under his tenure and went unbeaten for a year was it? Regardless I think it was the best and longest unbeaten run away from home in my time as a supporter which goes back to the early 90's.

The problem was at home we were set up the same and played in the same way as we did away. This made us a good away side, but a not very entertaining home side. In the end fans got fed up of one man up front on his own (Lee Hughes) being isolated for large amounts of the games. So the attendances started dropping and Ray Trew pulled the trigger.

Statistically Keith Curle was one of our best managers in recent times with a 45% win ratio.

forwardmagpie
06-08-2019, 12:12 PM

See oldpie’s post on that didn’t take long