PDA

View Full Version : SFAs Project Brave

Pacman1903
18-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Who said Malky Mackay was a good appointment

"http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-plan-introduce-rangers-celtic-9474428"

I can only find a Record link so if you don't want to open it these two lines are all you need to know

"Malky Mackay’s first battle will be to persuade SPFL clubs to admit Celtic and Rangers’ colt teams to League Two as part of the SFA’s Project Brave package."

"At the moment only Celtic and Rangers will be involved in the proposal"

If this is sanctioned I will chuck my season ticket and jack Scottish fitba

The Trading Sheep
18-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Who said Malky Mackay was a good appointment

"http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-plan-introduce-rangers-celtic-9474428"

I can only find a Record link so if you don't want to open it these two lines are all you need to know

"Malky Mackay’s first battle will be to persuade SPFL clubs to admit Celtic and Rangers’ colt teams to League Two as part of the SFA’s Project Brave package."

I have 95% already done that.

The fact its being considered or talked about should have folk jack it in. Scottish football has been on the wrong path for many many years.

Unless the support changes, nothing else will change

Pacman1903
18-12-2016, 11:56 AM
I hope to f@ck when the receptionist picks up the phone at Pittodrie and the big racist buffoon is at the other end she hangs up

Mason89
18-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Yep, that would be the end for me. Including if Aberdeen got one in there as well.

RED_JOHN
18-12-2016, 12:30 PM

Malky Mackay the saviour of Scottish football... His first job is to have 2 Celtic and Rangers teams in the game!
Out of touch and out of his depth!

Aldo1983
18-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Games a bogey; game in Scotland has always been a bogey. As it stands I'm very nearly out, I'm no longer going to games but I still follow games on red tv, check in here from time to time.

If this comes to pass, no more.

Think back to 2012, do folk think we'll see the same wave of feeling as there was then?
Maybe my apathy is clouding my judgement but I don't see it.

I feel the same although I have still been going to the odd games.

There should have been massive changes years ago and one being summer football as well. We've lost a whole generation or two to Spanish football never mind English.

EintrachtFrankfurt
18-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Malky Mackay the saviour of Scottish football... His first job is to have 2 Celtic and Rangers teams in the game!
Out of touch and out of his depth!

Time that SFA was broken up, a disgraceful body of green and blue establishment turds. I wouldnt give them a red cent...hit them where it hurts the most!

irnbru1903
18-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Time that SFA was broken up, a disgraceful body of green and blue establishment turds. I wouldnt give them a red cent...hit them where it hurts the most!

Which is precisely why they don't give one iota. As long as they have the brainwashed, braindead masses of Scotland's shame to pander to they will change nothing for the betterment of the game. Hoardes of unwashed gloryhunters is the reason our game is phucked and letting them have competitive training for their youngsters is only going to make it worse. It will happen and when it does the final nail will be in the coffin of Scottish football.

EintrachtFrankfurt
18-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Which is precisely why they don't give one iota. As long as they have the brainwashed, braindead masses of Scotland's shame to pander to they will change nothing for the betterment of the game. Hoardes of unwashed gloryhunters is the reason our game is phucked and letting them have competitive training for their youngsters is only going to make it worse. It will happen and when it does the final nail will be in the coffin of Scottish football.

Sad but true, even more so now the Rankgers tribute act is in the top flight for the first time ever. Wish the other clubs would stand up and tell the SFA to gtf and resign en-masse and set up a new body, then the arse cheeks can play each other every week for infinity and let the rest of us get on with proper football!

Pacman1903
18-12-2016, 03:21 PM
. It will happen .

You know it is and there is nothing going to stop it. The lower league teams will vote them in as it will boost their coffers.

redscot
18-12-2016, 03:53 PM
If this happens then that is the end of Scottish Football...the fact that the clunts in charge of the game think it is ok should be enough to get them sacked.

After the sevco debacle and tw@ts like Reagan and Doncaster talking our game down just to try and get keep the bigot-fest going lets you know that the game is phucked.

I would save our money building a new stadium because many fans will turn their back on the rigged game that Scottish Football is .

Feck_the_Huns
18-12-2016, 04:50 PM
So, let me get this straight.

Who wrote Project Brave?

Was it part of Ernie Walker's think tank?

Or is it Henry McLeish's report?

Or is it Brian McLair's, in conjunction with Wee Gordon Strachan?

Either way, this is the report that McKay (whatever you think of him can be put to one side for a minutey) will have to implement, whether he thinks its findings are right or wrong?

He doesn't have a cat in hells chance of getting any of this report through, because the clubs won't allow any of it through, because they all have their own agendas. And there is nothing that the SFA can do about it, because that is how our club system is structured in this country.

And for what it's worth. McKay is a horrendous appointment. He's a coach/manager, not an administrator, as this post is.

standfreelee
18-12-2016, 05:27 PM
he didn't **** aboot there eh 😬

was always going to be a backwards step. sfa jobs for the boys keep the cheeks happy

The_Verninator
18-12-2016, 05:42 PM
The rather obvious SFA/MSM PR promotion has begun - 'go on let's try the colt idea - you might like it/it's actually a very sensible idea for scottish football - don't you know'

This Malky Mackay (a weegie a name as i can remember) sounds/acted/is a complete bellend - no experience or aptitude for this job title - which is a scam anyway to fill another position for one of the 'boys'.

You have to wonder why you bother any more

Pacman1903
19-12-2016, 05:22 AM
11 of the 12 Prem teams have to agree and 23 of the 30 other teams have to agree before it can happen.

If I was Highland and Lowland league teams id be kicking up a sh@t storm

standfreelee
19-12-2016, 08:46 AM
if it's accepted then it shows a complete lack of ambition nationwide. why would no other teams be considered apart from the cheeks? any reasons given? They are probably the only ones that have asked I presume...

Stupie82
19-12-2016, 10:28 AM
You only need to look at the Current Scottish Premiership table to see that again, it is already ****ed. Celtic are absolutely running way with the league and even with our own managers incompetence aside, Sevco/Rangers whatever the f*ck they are now, are sitting bonny in second, while racking up debt. Normal service has resumed and every club, including ours, failed to capitalise on a real chance to make a change.

Colt teams are just another way to ensure that money and success got to the only two teams who matter. It will likely be used as a backdoor into the leagues should either one of the Glasgow ****s goes bust. The fact that it is even being considered makes me want to chuck my ST half way through the season. The game is really ****ed!

Pacman1903
19-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Destro piping up on the matter

“I care passionately about elite youth development and whatever structure they decide to put in place has got to give the elite young talent in Scotland the best possible chance of making it through to the first team and then on to successful international careers.

“If they are saying, go and play in the Lowland League first, then in one fell swoop that argument has gone.”

F@ck you Destro, they don't even deserve to go into the Lowland as its not the bottom of the pyramid. But oh hud on, the team you f@cking manage minked its way into the fourth tier when it was founded so nae doubt baby sevco will get similar treatment

Again, f@ck you

neilthedon
19-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Destro piping up on the matter

“I care passionately about elite youth development and whatever structure they decide to put in place has got to give the elite young talent in Scotland the best possible chance of making it through to the first team and then on to successful international careers.

“If they are saying, go and play in the Lowland League first, then in one fell swoop that argument has gone.”

F@ck you Destro, they don't even deserve to go into the Lowland as its not the bottom of the pyramid. But oh hud on, the team you f@cking manage minked its way into the fourth tier when it was founded so nae doubt baby sevco will get similar treatment

Again, f@ck you

Nobody is stopping the Cheeks from palying any of their youngsters in their own big team though are they ?

( An argument we can level at our own club too. Along with others, like Kilmarnock .)

If the " Big boys " want to play their players in lower league competiton , they just need to loan them out ? Whats the problem ??
Push comes to shove, they could adopt a " Diddy team" and take them over in all but name. Sure there are a few wee sooky clubs out there that would like that ?

57vintage
19-12-2016, 04:52 PM
From the BBC website on Project Brave (what a ****ing horrendous title):

"It is a 22-page document drawn up by a working party consisting of representatives of Celtic, Rangers (including one previously at Falkirk), Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibernian, Hamilton Academical, Ross County, Annan Athletic and the Scottish Professional Football League."

So who's complicit in this?

I imagine Duncan Fraser is the Aberdeen representative, as it seems to fall within his remit.

Mason89
19-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Annan Athletic is an odd name on that list. To me it looks like they're willing to whore out their entire club to a cheek as a feeder club. Also suprised Dundee Utd never thought of it first.

Hairdrier
19-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Malky Malarky.

What an appointment by the brilliant SFA.

theram1975
19-12-2016, 06:51 PM
if it's accepted then it shows a complete lack of ambition nationwide. why would no other teams be considered apart from the cheeks? any reasons given? They are probably the only ones that have asked I presume...

Only those two as the other clubs who would be interested (AFC, Hearts and Hibs) can't really afford to run 2 teams at the moment according to the Daily Record.

Bizarre considering Sevco can't even afford to run one team.

Aldo1983
19-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Sevco seem to afford it ok so far to be fair and if it goes tits up again they just start from scratch.

Anyway, Linfield and Derry will be included next.

Psaw
19-12-2016, 08:42 PM
If Celtic and Rangers second teams get in the league, then eventually the top of your premiership will be Celtic top, Celtic seconds second, Rangers third, Rangers seconds fourth. I cant think of a more delightful eventuality. Aberdeen might even get relegated behind Hearts, Motherwell, Hibs, Inverness, Dumbarton, Queen of the South, all of whom are bigger clubs.

Skacel
19-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Psaw, your attention-seeking has been tolerated so far, as I suspect most can see through your bluster as a desire to be included. Starting non-sensical bait threads is one thing but please do not start your pish in serious threads. Not many come more serious than this.

I believe you are here because Buc (nicest man in interwebs history) has been flashing his knickers on other boards (tsk).
Please take a lesson from him & show some respect.

It's not pish tho, is it? It could happen.

Pacman1903
20-12-2016, 05:21 AM
It's not pish tho, is it? It could happen.

Hes still a f@cking w@nker whos possibly a kiddy fiddler though

I don't care about his own started threads but he can get f@cked on serious ones

RedStarTorphins
20-12-2016, 06:39 AM
Hes still a f@cking w@nker whos possibly a kiddy fiddler though

I don't care about his own started threads but he can get f@cked on serious ones

I think he's the one that's been fiddled with personally.
He's desperately trying to be funny, sarcastic, attention seeking etc.
He just sounds like a complete d1ck to be honest.
Like the nerdy kid that's a virgin at 34.
Bullied.
And as I say, been touched up (hopefully not) as I think it's been his only ***ual contact.

neilthedon
20-12-2016, 08:53 AM
[I]Brendan Rodgers in the Daily Retard today , saying basically same thing as Psaw.

He may have given the game away.!!!

Aldo1983
20-12-2016, 09:00 AM
[I]Brendan Rodgers in the Daily Retard today , saying basically same thing as Psaw.

He may have given the game away.!!!

Certainly makes sense considering he appears the same time as Rodgers :?

Mason89
20-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Worth a quick look --> http://terracepodcast.net/six-myths-about-colt-teams-people-need-to-stop-repeating/

Aldo1983
20-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Worth a quick look --> http://terracepodcast.net/six-myths-about-colt-teams-people-need-to-stop-repeating/

The clear goal part makes sense but we all know the clear goal for the SFA and most chairmen (including our own) is to make money.

I'm happy with Scottish football being proper football where there's no hashtags or Chinese advertising but at the same time we do need some radical chanhes.

Maybe we just ditch TV and sit it out for a few years until football finally ****s itself silly when Qatar win the champions league.

neilthedon
20-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Yep. Nailed it. So lets say the cheeks get away with this. ~What next ? They NEED to play a load of experienced players alongside the Colts " to aid their development . For the good of Scottish Footlbal."

Then amazingly , in a last day crucial promotion play off decider, every Colt player is struck down by a mysyery virus , so an emergency rule change allows a full tem of senior players fill in,...and win promotion.

Then the " Big " teams of both cheeks, feck off to England to play their way up to the land of milk and Sky Honey. Leaving the " Colts " to qualify for Europe .

Aye, maybe not refined this cunning plan well enough yet . But................would you put it past them all ??

Pacman1903
20-12-2016, 12:30 PM
East Kilbride chairman Mark Horner has piped up (so should the rest of the HFL and LFL)

"They just make it up as they go along, and that’s basically what they would be doing by introducing colt sides into League Two. If they skip us and go straight into League Two then they really are making it up as they go along"

"There’s no point in calling it a pyramid system if that’s not what it’s going to be"

Stupie82
20-12-2016, 12:55 PM
East Kilbride chairman Mark Horner has piped up (so should the rest of the HFL and LFL)

"They just make it up as they go along, and that’s basically what they would be doing by introducing colt sides into League Two. If they skip us and go straight into League Two then they really are making it up as they go along"

"There’s no point in calling it a pyramid system if that’s not what it’s going to be"

No one can argue with that, and the SFA shouldn't either. The suggestion of Colt teams is lazy, all in an effort to make it look like they are doing something interesting. If they really wanted to make changes, they should sit with fan groups of all 42 clubs and ask for their ideas. That way they will be getting the CUSTOMERS own views on what they want too see happen in the game and not a view of some half wit, who was spoon fed by the Glasgow 'elite'.

Only the fans can change it all though! its just whether we have the real desire to hit them where it hurts (financially) and force them into a decision. That said, even at the point of bankruptcy, those ****s still wouldnt have a clue where it has all gone wrong or know how to fix it.

Pacman1903
13-08-2018, 09:28 AM
...........claims the life of another youth academy. Livi ditch their youth academy as it is unsustainable due to Project Braves new set up where they would have been placed in the bottom rung of development.

They join Clyde, Dumbarton and Falkirk in scrapping any youth opportunities

Is this not the opposite of what should be happening?

Red Zone
13-08-2018, 09:59 AM
...........claims the life of another youth academy. Livi ditch their youth academy as it is unsustainable due to Project Braves new set up where they would have been placed in the bottom rung of development.

They join Clyde, Dumbarton and Falkirk in scrapping any youth opportunities

Is this not the opposite of what should be happening?

Nah, the SFA won't care one little bit. The entire Project Brave rationale is on ensuring there are less hoovering up of youngsters that will never make it to the pro level but rather ensuring all the best kids regularly play against each other, which they achieve by only having the eight top tier youth teams. Not saying I agree but they honestly won't care about Livi or any of the others that stop youth development - they will just assume the best kids will gravitate to the top anyway

InversneckieDob
13-08-2018, 10:24 AM
You're probably right, but when you look at the players that have come through Livvy it's a short sighted attitude.

Oh wait, it's the SFA.........

Pacman1903
13-08-2018, 10:46 AM
You're probably right, but when you look at the players that have come through Livvy it's a short sighted attitude.

Oh wait, it's the SFA.........

Leigh Griffiths, Graham Dorrans, Robert Snodgrass, Murray Davidsona all done alright for themselves

The_Moog
13-08-2018, 01:56 PM
We all like to put the boot into the SFA but they are right on this one. We need to concentrate the time and resources we have on the real elite kids and not spread the resources too thinly.

I’m sure prior to this revamp we had more Scottish kids in the program here than Germany had in their national program with their population - that’s clearly crazy.

Sad to see any team turn their back on youth, but if Livi didn’t meet the requirements for Project Brave (w’anky name right enough) then that’s tough.

If the kids in their program are good enough they will get picked up elsewhere. We need to concentrate on the cream of the crop and I’m fine with that.

Skacel
13-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Maybe they should do away with every club's youth system and instead, have one SFA youth academy.

Every year there could be a draft system for players ready to graduate out of the academy and into a Scottish team.

The_Moog
13-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Maybe they should do away with every club's youth system and instead, have one SFA youth academy.

Every year there could be a draft system for players ready to graduate out of the academy and into a Scottish team.

Nice idea but who would they get proper competitive match experience against?

Part of the problem with the last setup was the kids were just playing each other in that development league - that doesn’t help them to progress. Look at all the colt teams getting pumped in the challenge cup - the kids simply weren’t ready to play “proper mannies fitba”.

Going back to reserve leagues is right. A youngster will learn more playing with or against a hairy arsed veteran in a competitive game than they ever would playing other kids.

The problem is we’re just going back to a lot of what we were doing 10 years ago - so that’s been another 10 years wasted.....

Pacman1903
20-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Alex McLeish trying to get Che Adams of Birmingham City. Born in Leicester and capped at U20s for the guffs to pledge his allegiance to Scotland.

What kind of message does that send out.

Jupiter
20-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Alex McLeish trying to get Che Adams of Birmingham City. Born in Leicester and capped at U20s for the guffs to pledge his allegiance to Scotland.

Never heard of him, McLeish must be getting desperate.

The_Moog
20-02-2019, 10:45 PM

That our coaching & player development in the main is pish - which it is when you look how poorly our clubs and national team perform.

StandfreeFM
21-02-2019, 10:34 AM

I do hope you're nae trying to slag off Big Red?

Br0chred
21-02-2019, 02:57 PM

A Shytte one.
Just play somebody who is Scottish. He was given the chunce to play for england and did so. So he's english.
If you were Scottish and were offered the chunce to play for england you would tell them to gtf. Nothing against the guy but he's not Scottish by birth or deed. The tenuous Granda link needs ended.
At the age of reaching Adulthood you should be made to declare your nationality and that's that. The farce that is international rugby shows how a system is a joke. Is there not someSouth Sea Islander who played for his own country, the all blacks, back to his own country then Japan or something mental like that???
I'm just al ☹

Delurker
12-06-2019, 07:58 PM
That's us poked the reserve league alongside Hun, Timmy, Cabbage and the Billy Dainties. Shambolic.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/06/12/development-squad-information-for-2019-20/

Devanha Red
20-08-2019, 07:43 AM
So how's the project going?

57vintage
20-08-2019, 09:38 AM
the project

That's how the marketing-speak millennial ****ehoose of "Caledonian Braves" described his "club" on Radio Scotland yesterday. (Modern fitba is pish thread).

I remember Muriel Gray in her Munros book scorning the use of "centre" attached to everything connected with tourism, and after the walk she was describing, wrote, "On the way home, we stopped off at an alcohol centre and had a pint".

Rules? Oh, very well. 13641

I also remember a podcast interview on a BBC series about the English language where Ian Hislop was played a clip from some young spraffer, which Hislop described as "A child talking pure media".

Never mind the *******s.

RED_JOHN
20-08-2019, 01:33 PM
So how's the project going?