PDA

View Full Version : Ward v Wood goal debate

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
27-12-2016, 01:12 PM
http://bit.ly/2hJReno

Brin
27-12-2016, 03:45 PM
According to the FA panel if a shot is directly goal bound and strikes another player on the way in then the shooter is credited with the goal...,,

Must be true because my bookie refuse to pay me out on Wood to score at any time at 10/1.....😡😡😡😡

mikemiller
27-12-2016, 03:58 PM
According to the FA panel if a shot is directly goal bound and strikes another player on the way in then the shooter is credited with the goal...,,

Must be true because my bookie refuse to pay me out on Wood to score at any time at 10/1.....😡😡😡😡

Bad luck, Brin - I knew that you sometimes bet on our centre-backs to score, that's partly why I originally questioned it on another thread

jolly_roger
27-12-2016, 06:39 PM

Must be true because my bookie refuse to pay me out on Wood to score at any time at 10/1.....��������

I would have thought that the "rule" only applies if it's an opposition player that it hits, i.e. Shot going wide hits opposition player so it's an own goal, on target and hits an opposition player on way then it goes to the shooter.

In our case ball was still live when Wood "played" it so surely Wood's goal whether Ward's effort is on target or not.