PDA

View Full Version : Derby 1-0 Birmingham- Match Report

Footymad
27-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Rams win by penalty strike - External Link (http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/derby_10_birmingham_match_report_901188/index.shtml)

macstheman
27-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Zola has the nerve to say it was'nt a penno!! With managers so desperate to justify their players stupidity it's no wonder refs give up and often 'miss' (don't bother giving) such arm wrestling incidents!! Nailed on penno well taken by Benty!

ramAnag
27-12-2016, 08:47 PM
That wasn't 'arm wrestling' mac. It was a rugby tackle followed by an attempted strangulation. Completely agree with you...'nailed on pen' and, if that's indicative of how refs are interpreting things now, I'm glad Jake's playing against us and not for us on Saturday.

triz
27-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Zola has the nerve to say it was'nt a penno!! With managers so desperate to justify their players stupidity it's no wonder refs give up and often 'miss' (don't bother giving) such arm wrestling incidents!! Nailed on penno well taken by Benty!

He'll literally be the only idiot on the planet that says it wasn't a penno. Nailed on, no doubt, no question.

Andy_Faber
28-12-2016, 05:36 PM
He'll literally be the only idiot on the planet that says it wasn't a penno. Nailed on, no doubt, no question.

A mention for Bent, there are those who don't see a future for him, he scored again yesterday and I don't go for this 'it was only a penalty' argument - a goal's a goal, and Bent is a reliable pen scorer whereas Derby's pen performance in recent years has been patchy

triz
28-12-2016, 08:56 PM
It was a perfect pen, hard low and right in the corner. He's a good champ striker, a quality finisher and I'd like to see him stay. I think we need more though, vydra might be the one, but for me Chris Martin would be the one.

swaledale
28-12-2016, 11:42 PM
I think Bent brings a lot to the team, his prescence means defenders attention is drawn to him allowing others to score and yes it was text book penalty

Ram59
28-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Looking at the replay of the penalty from behind the goal, Bent opened his body that much, he had to put it in the opposite side, but he managed to wrap his foot round it.

Plus, I noticed that in addition to Keogh's theatrics, Hughes was standing next to the ref giving it large about the foul.