PDA

View Full Version : Usernames

andoplzcumbak
30-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Some are obvious like my own, others a bit more cryptic...

How we could do with an Ando at the back the now!

Anyway, why the username you picked?

And (Disco)Buc, are you in a mid/late life crisis? Popping pills, raving the night away again XD

Pacman1903
30-12-2016, 03:09 PM
I was at Donington with my pals many moons ago and because i have small teeth my pal exaggerated my tooth to gum ratio by saying i have "nae teeth like pacman" and it stuck in that circle of friends

scobiemacd
30-12-2016, 05:52 PM

And (Disco)Buc, are you in a mid/late life crisis? Popping pills, raving the night away again XD

Only just worked out there what your username means Ando. Genuinely thought it was a Polish name.

Disco Buc
30-12-2016, 06:40 PM

Aye Ando the discobuc is what I'm about spend hours watching you tube disco most nights ..
Also used to compete in Disco dancing around Scotland like the Manhattan on the Clyde in Glasgow or Valentinos one and two in Paisley boy was I good.:O

Paying for it now my hearing has been damaged I'm getting 2 hearing aids fitted in a couple of weeks dam but no regrets .

Hows your training anything planned.im sure there's that televised event at Arthur's Seat on the first January.there's usually a class line up are you going to watch or compete.love to be there.

57vintage
30-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Very dull, I'm afraid.

I merely put my actual birth certificate name into one of those online anagrammatiser thingmers, and tan7gv5ie resulted in '57vintage'.

andoplzcumbak
31-12-2016, 11:28 AM
That made me laugh Scobie XD I did get a few raised eyebrows when I signed up, only found out the nae text talk rule afterwards!

andoplzcumbak
31-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Na I'm not competing Buc, I am in light training and will be ramping up around spring for the rat race in September..

Have you seen that video of the Spanish couple showing people how to disco dance? Must be 70s going by the clobber.. that's what came in my head when I read your post XD

Disco Buc
31-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Na I'm not competing Buc, I am in light training and will be ramping up around spring for the rat race in September..

Have you seen that video of the Spanish couple showing people how to disco dance? Must be 70s going by the clobber.. that's what came in my head when I read your post XD

Can you find it for me .

Seemingly there's one going around with me in it ?
Not seen it as yet one of my mates saw it but that was 5 years or so ago I've looked for it myself but can't find it ..

May have been from the Manhattan in Glasgow late 70s.

Like I say give me a shout for a run sometime when your next up for a game.

Mason89
31-12-2016, 12:54 PM
This site used to be linked to Follow Follow. I chose mine so that I could post on both

Disco Buc
31-12-2016, 12:57 PM
This site used to be linked to Follow Follow. I chose mine so that I could post on both

I often wondered about the Mason name ..
:O

fatshaft
31-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Some are obvious like my own

:O

Rochead
01-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Maternal grandmother's maiden name, started pre 1700's as Roughead.

gruppenfuhrer
02-01-2017, 11:28 AM
i do like ww2 nazi history and like the name simple as that

Mr_Grieves
02-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Pixies song from the Doolittle LP.

swaddon2
14-08-2023, 09:28 PM
I used to bide in the Derbyshire coal mining town of Swadlincote, and I'm a Dons fan. The 2 is because I lost the password to my original account.

NaeMairNeeps
17-08-2023, 03:39 AM
When Ah was a wee bairn, my Ma would be feedin ma (No ... Ah wisna that wee ... so dinna come awa wi' yer 'roools' sh!te! :D ) ... wi a spoon! ... and she would sometimes pretend the spoon was an aeroplane .. and other tactics to get me to eat.

One tactic was to name a foodstuff as it approached my wee cakehole... 'carrots', 'tatties', 'peas', 'beef', 'neeps', .... and if she said 'neeps' too often .... I would respond 'Nae MAIR neeps!" ... so there ye have it ... also inspired by the fact my user name on certain music forums was 'tattiemannie' ... because I worked an allotment at the time ;)

.... Also, 'Nae Mair Neeps' seemed an appropriate reaction to the signings we were making around the time I joined this wonderful (Once Michty) forum ... ie. dinna sign ony mair fkn NEEPS!

wester_ross_don
13-09-2023, 07:34 PM
I'm from Wester Ross and a Don.

Aye there's still a few of us, not ALL Huns but there's a fair few mind you.

Freescotland
22-09-2023, 02:44 PM
Buc because that is part of my last name.

I also.got called that at school.

57vintage
20-12-2023, 06:28 AM
Hughmungus (aud auld site Jeff min ye fupper o fupp and several surrounding postal code areas min)

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/6296466/alford-restaurant-owner-forms-new-choir/

57vintage
20-12-2023, 07:07 AM
Hughmungus (aud auld site Jeff min ye fupper o fupp and several surrounding postal code areas min)

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/6296466/alford-restaurant-owner-forms-new-choir/

Fùck me, I’ve just turned to the obits in the same newspaper, and among the deaths announced is Hugh Mungus’s dad, the incredibly-talented writer, lecturer, athlete and farmer, Charlie Allan :blue: (not the retired fitba reporter), also top Red Jay Allan’s Dad.

Goddam. :blue:

InversneckieDob
20-12-2023, 07:47 PM
Jaysus, Mr Mungus, blast fae the past.
He was a radge and sometime publisher.

I wonder if his garage is a treasure trove of out of print first editions?

ulladon
14-01-2024, 11:47 PM
Ulladon from Ullapool
(Cheesy but direct)