1-1

alfinyalcabo
06-01-2017, 04:31 PM
2-1 for QPR

AucklandRover
06-01-2017, 08:07 PM
An unwanted replay for both teams
1-1

From the playing perspective, Robin, I wouldn't mind a draw, IF it means that two or three youngsters get a chance over the two games.
Unfortunately, I fear there will be an anti-climax after the Newcastle match.
I agree with Alf: 2-1 to QPR.

Despair
06-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Concur with Aucks, ideal match to find out what some of our young un's are made of.
Not fussed either way with outcome.
Home win for me.

robinrover
07-01-2017, 05:54 PM
No winners this week but a very welcome win and in the hat we go.

AucklandRover
07-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Well, as the song says, "It goes to show you never can tell." I'd have said a midfield of Feeney, Akpan, Lowe and Bennett was one of the least creative we've ever fielded.
It does look as if Coyle has decided we're not suited to all-out attack. He seems prepared to concede the majority of possession and play on the counter.
In the end, he went for experience and it paid off, so what can you say?

By the way, looking at the BBC pre-match statistics, it seems that we should be playing QPR every week. We do have a remarkably good record against them.

AucklandRover
07-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Have you seen the "penalty"? You could have pushed a supermarket trolley through the gap between the two Rovers players! Neither Akpan or Greer even move a leg in Ngbakoto's direction.
To be fair, he is in training for the French Olympic Diving Team.

Despair
08-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Winning is a good habit to get into. So, even though prior to the game I said the outcome is of no consequence, could this be a sign of the upturn we have been craving?
Only time will tell, and with that was the continued use of Graham etc. Be proven to have been wise, or foolhardy by OC.
It would appear that QPR did not put up a stern challenge, as they have their own problems, but again the saying is : you can only compete with what's put in front of you.
Their pen? Didn't see nowhere near enough of it to determine whether dive or not. But in the end it counted for nowt, bein a cup game.
So for now let's just dwell on the positive, and wait and see how the next few games pan out.
Quite surprised no one has mentioned the form of Tom Lawrence, even though he is not with us now. I seem to recall that we all felt that given a different situation ie us not needing (more urgently) midfield battlers, he was too lightweight at this time, despite him showing obvious quality/potential.