PDA

View Full Version : Lower Leagues Hike

Pacman1903
08-01-2017, 09:57 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/qxlbux.jpg

A belated start to my new quest. Would have went to Elgin on Monday but I was screwed by Sunday timetable trains. Still swithering on if ill concentrate on league by league or just hike my way round our country

So with the Heelan league ticked off, the Gable Endies (quite possibly a HFL team next season) were the first port of call. Train check, carryoot check,snag baps check, Pacbro making the train without sleepin in check. A few pints in the Picture Hoose as its right next to the train station and would have been rude not to. That followed by a couple in the Market Arms. Then to a cold Links Park

Montrose are pish and ive said previously this is their year for going down. Yesterdays showing didnt change my mind. Pish but beaten by a quite tidy side in Elgin Outplayed from start to finish. No creativity, no clue. Elgin on the other hand were tidy and played some nice fitba at times and it was noted that they have reluctance to lump it at any point. All their play was on the deck and looked good. Maybe this is the year they might get promoted. Easy day at the office for them 3-0 and 3 points. If Montrose find themselves in yhe playoffs again im sure Buckie,Brora or Cove or even East Kilbride, Spartans could beat them. Few pints in the Royal Arch complete with an Iron Maiden/Twisted Sister conversation with a local after before jumping on the train with a few Stellas

Also a bit of warning,if anyone finds themselves at Links i have to warn you. Do not get a pie. Quite easily the most disgusting thing i have eaten and without exaggerating you could pour the grease out of them. (Pacbros jacket was spootered by it)Pretty f@cking foul and pacbro,pacpal and myself all made the mistake of having one. F@cking gadz min

Anyway Forthbank next weekend

http://i63.tinypic.com/2nk1g95.jpg

Special careyoot for the start of my new travels

InversneckieDob
08-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Haven't been to Links Park for Donkeys.

Been a regular visitor down the years though, I was there the famous night they turfed Hibs out of the League Cup (wan't to say 75?) with Les Barr's 75 yard winner.

The last time I wa there was for an Inverness game in the 2nd or 3rd division.
A pal of mine was running the ICT supporters club and got a special deal on a corporate package at Links Park.
So a car load of us headed through from Inverness (thankfully I wasnae driving).

We arrived dead early and the first think I noticed was that there was a bright, shiny new stand where there'd been a rickety terracing last time I was there.

Because we'd pitched up so early, yer man Bryan Keith (I assume he's nae Chairman any more?) met us and gave us a tour of the stand.
Nice wee setup as I recall, we also met the then manager, the boy Dave Smith who'd been a successful non-league manager.

Anyway, cracking day, great food (first time I tasted Guinea Fowl) loads of swally and great hospitality.
I was substantially the worse for wear by the time we got back to Inverness.

Pacman1903
13-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Am I right in saying Forfar play on a fake pitch?

Pacman1903
14-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Stirling Albion just tweeted the match prices for todays game at Forfar. Ill take that as a good sign. Wheres my scarf and mittens

Pacman1903
14-01-2017, 09:03 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/292pm4y.jpg

Forfar wasn’t my game of choice today but after the weather my safety head won and I thought the A90 was a safer drive than the A96(Elgin v Annan). Left Meldrum with only Cowan and Cosgrove for company, quite the norm for my travels. The snaaa was quite bad between Meldrum and Newmachar but once Dyce was in sight it cleared up. Once past Stonehaven there wasn’t a drop barring up in the hills

I got to Forfar with 40 minutes to spare so I went for an uncharacteristic Guinness in The Plough which was the scene of a quality piss up after a Dons Scottish Cup tie in 2012. Nae so rowdy today as there was a bout 10 folk in and a man of about 60 with a peppa pig tshirt on.

Headed to Station Park and the saying “when in Rome” sprung to mind (nae that Station Park resembles the Colloseum). I was in Forfar so I was to indulge in a Bridie. An excellent piece of fitba cuisine. Better than that f@cking abomination of a pie I got at Montrose last weekend. But I have to moan about the coffee as it was boiled bitter bowf.

The game started well first half was decent. End to end with nothing between the teams. Both side hit the post early doors. Albion took the lead on the half hour after a decent move which led to the initial shot hitting the post leaving a an easy finish past the stranded keeper much to the delight of the decent travelling Bino support (more than some teams bring to Pittodrie). But with an up there is a down and couple of minutes later Albion crucially missed a pen. A poor weak worm burner of an effort. Easy work for the keeper. 5 minutes later The Loons equalised through Cox, a probably deserved goal as there really wasn’t anything between them. A mention for Cox who I thought was the best player on the day,a hardy wee c@nt. Speaking of which the game was littered with a lot of decent meaty challenges. Nothing wrong with that. Sportsound regular name check Gavin Sw@nkie also seems a tidy player for Forfar.

At half time I decided I would swap my vantage point and mix it up with the Bino massive and get hear a bit of their banter. By the time I had a piss and met someone on route I established that in true old school fashion they had swapped ends to be closer to the end they were attacking. Ach well

The second half was a damp (freezing cold) squib and was pretty much a bore with nothing of note happening barring Albion hitting the post again, that and poor officiating. No matter what level you are at you get it. One thing I did notice during the second half was the aforementioned peppa pig mannie was standing next to me. He was now wearing a wolf for a hat and was carrying a camcorder bag (minus the camcorder) theat had a green Tellytubby wearing an aviator jacket sticking out of it. Eh?

Going back to meeting someone at half time. In December the mascot of the month in FourFourTwo magazine was Forfars very own Baxter the Bridie. So part of today was about meeting him as well as my lower league hike. Check the delight in my face

http://i65.tinypic.com/24wrm6f.jpg.
Whys that sideways?

Anyway nae the greatest game overall but a decent way to spend a few hours. Only issue. Nae getting to see that fat hun manatee Gary Bollan get beat

Mason89
14-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Get yerself to a Sons game with the Boghead Youth Army (hated but rated)

Pacman1903
14-01-2017, 11:10 PM
I was actually thinking ill need to do it before they bugger off fae the Rock. Ill give you a shout min

Fits their mascot?

Mason89
14-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Pele the Elephant 2898

Pacman1903
14-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Hes nae as good as Norrie the Scorrie up at Wick

Pacman1903
14-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Cowdenbeath v Elgin tonights tempting

Pacman1903
14-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Didnt take on Cowdenbeath due to the Fourth Road Bridge lorry crash and i though it might cause havok down that way. So Brechin v Airdrie it is. Turned up at Glebe Park, held up for an hour because half the Brechin team arw from Edinburgh and stuck coming up.

F@ck sake

Pacman1903
15-03-2017, 12:27 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2j43k3m.jpg

What a f@cking palaver. Just in the door fae Brechin at 11.50. As explained above the Forth Road Bridge lorry crash was a c@nt

With my time to burn pre kick off i did something ive never done before. Had a pint in Brechin.

Rocked up for the new kick off time of 8.45 just in time for the teams to appear. But only 21 appeared so they stood knocking balls about for a few minutes untill the Brechin keeper appeared. 8.54 the game kicked off.

Half the Brechin team turned up with time to get stripped in time for KO and it showed with Airdrie dominating the play for the first 30 mins (in their horrific pink kit). Against the run of play Brechin scored through a pen. This got Brechins tails up and the game changed. During the half there was a lengthy injury to an Airdrie player delaying the game even further. At half time i looked at my watch and it was 10. I should have been almost home by then.

Second half Brechin were much better and scored again through a peach of a volley. This made Airdrie lose their discipline and put in some bad tackles and daft fouls. Brechin grabbed a third and that was that was that. The Airdrie fans turned on their manager (ex pig/pjm and sh@te sportscene pundit Mark Wilson). In a ground with about 150 folk every shout was clear as day. "Wilson, your the worst f@cking manager we have ever had", "we will no make the playoffs with you in charge ye f@cking c@nt Wilson", "Wilson get tae f@ck" and my favourite Wilson......... (three second pause)......... Ye f@cking sh@tebag". There were many many many more.

Sh@te game overall, 4 shots on target all game, 3 of which were goals. Scrappy with the ball off the deck alot.

Great result for Brechin considering their pre game build up

Also, glad i decided against Cowdenbeath as it was delayed and finished at 10.15. That would have been a late een home

InversneckieDob
15-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Only Section B? Pwopah nawteee!

Pacman1903
15-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Only Section B? Pwopah nawteee!

Nah but there was a decent amount of Airdroids up. When the third went in the place emptied

Pacman1903
06-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Peterheed v Alloa today. Peterhead have to win and hope stenny draw or lose to Brechin. That will only get them into the playoffs but avoid auto league 1 death

Pacman1903
06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/dgjgwy.jpg

Due to the significance of this i thought it was a perfect to get my photo opp. Been to Balmoor plenty and it used to be my home ground when i played for the districts but didnt have the photae. I also saw Bobby Manns 913 yard free kick v Bossu

Managed to rope Pacdad into it, bizarre for him travelling fae Ellon to Peterhead and it wasnt work related(37 years he travelled it untill he retired) He informed me on route that it was a fiver to get in. Bonus.

Got there and in typical Peterheed fashion the sunny weather dissapeared on arrival and was replaced with overcast and breezy and pretty bloody cold. Nipped for a pint before. Good to see all hun memorabillia has been disposed of at the bar.

I had a feeling the blue toon would do this today.(they needed Stenny to draw or lose to Brechin meaning they needed to win) . The standard was really pish. Both teams just lumped it constantly but it had an element of excitement as both teams were ropey at the back and you could sense goals were coming. Alloa took the lead undeservedly with their first attack. In the mean time Petefheed missed three good chances. In the second half Peterhead were the better team again(both teams created chances galore but Peterheed were creating more and spurning them all) and got a deserved equaliser. But the ropey defence chucked it and Alloa went up 2-1. But Peterheed kept chipping away and again deservedly equalised. But now it looked like they believed this was possible and it was. They took the lead and won. Playoff it is as Brechin and Stenny drew 1-1.

Montrose await on Wed

The Alloa fans were bams

Edit-he didnt get it but Graeme Smith the blue toon keeper was by far man of the match. 3 fantastic saves

BorneoRed
07-05-2017, 12:25 AM
The Alloa fans were bams

That reminded me on a Scottish cup tie we had many years ago at Recreation Park (cannot remember the year) but they were mental that day. Lots of fisticuffs :D

Pacman1903
20-08-2017, 08:28 PM
https://s2.postimg.org/gwtqo4aqt/untitled.png (https://postimg.org/image/gwtqo4aqt/)

Fit to do on a Sunday. Why nae head to Ochilview .A Tommy Steel free Ochilview. Also a Stenny free Ochilview as this was a Lowland League game between East Stirlingshire and Civil Service Strollers

Fist thing to mention. What the f@ck is with the average speed cameras all the way between Stonehaven and Dundee. That's a piss take and obviously permanent as all the fixed cameras are gone.

Got there with an hour to spare so found the Ochilview bar for a pint. I was obviously nae local as I got a few funny looks but one dude to be fair gave me some chat. He was a hun but a very sensible one at that believe it or not. He doesn't want Pedro, never did, doesn't want the players they have and wished they had a Scottish manager who signed decent players like Stevie May who he was annoyed we signed when they should have been in the hunt for the likes. Decent conversation. Also telling me when he played juniors and ended up Playing East End in the Scottish. That's what I like about my travels, always get a yap with a local even though they can be huns. They all think I'm daft when I tell them fit I am/have been up to

Anyway back to football matters, this was a quadruple result as it was a new ground I hadn't been to, two new unviewed teams and a new competition as it was the first Lowland game ive watched. I was interested to see how LFL stands up to the HFL and to be honest and without being biased as I don't hide my liking of the ,but East Stirling are one of the big teams in the league along with East Kilbride, Spartans and BSC Glasgow but I would say the better teams in the HFL could take them. Civil Service are pretty rubbish and would probably struggle in the HFL (but obviously be above the Fort and Strathy)

East Stirling cruised the first half and should have been more than the one up at HT. The were guilty of wasting the mounds of possession they had. Second half CSS were a lot better but I think that's down to the Shire nae turning up. After an hour(ish) the Strollers equalised with a well worked headed goal. They weren't level for long though. Nae even a minute. ES took centre and went straight up the park and scored an other well worked headed goal. Then the ref stepped up and made sure his days work was seen as a shocker. Shires CF Andy Rogers(one of two players I reckon would get a game for a decent team in the HFL along with CB Jordan Tapping) was clearly pulled to the ground in a obvious goal scoring position, basically would have bee clean through if he wasn't rugby tackled. The ref initially took out his red then put it back in his pooch and booked the defender. Truly shocking decision. What made it worse was, the resulting free kick was tame and from the save CCS went up the park and gabbed an unlikely equaliser. Ifs and buts I know but would that have happened if they were dealt the blow of losing a man. Then from KO the Shire went up the park and were denied as stonewall a penalty you could see. Again clear as day with the ref looking right at but he waved play on. Unbelievable decision and with that the full time whistle went and I left. But I reckon I missed some kind of melee as when I walking down the street to the car the refs whistle went at least ten times and there was a bit of shouting. I could bet it was the boy Rodgers who was cleary irate after the non red card and penalty. Ill have to read up to see what happened.

One thing I winna miss is the constant shouts of "mon the Shire-aaaaaaay". It was reminiscent of the Broch fans and how they constantly shout "mon I'Burry".

Nae a bad day oot

Next stop Elgin v Bray Wanderers in two weeks

mondo_notion
21-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Are those average cameras live? I know they are permanent now but not sure if they are operational yet. It's that f*cker Humza Yousafs bright idea.

Pacman1903
21-08-2017, 09:26 AM
I noticed some arent even on the poles so nae sure if the ones fitted work.

GASC1980
21-08-2017, 09:26 AM
A lot of them say, "under test" so how would that stand up in a court of law. If you're cruising down the road at 90 and get caught could you just say well they were only under test and might not be working????

Mason89
21-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Are those average cameras live? I know they are permanent now but not sure if they are operational yet. It's that f*cker Humza Yousafs bright idea.

Don't know if they work or not but I've never met anyone that's been caught by an average speed camera

Pacman1903
21-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Don't know if they work or not but I've never met anyone that's been caught by an average speed camera

Jonnythehorrorhobbitpig was caught between toon and Ellon. Should have banned the horrible c@nt

mondo_notion
21-08-2017, 12:20 PM
They go live in October. Something a bit funny about the whole thing. All requests to see the paperwork on the reasons for implementing average speed cameras have been refused as it is deemed "not in the public interest".

neilthedon
21-08-2017, 01:05 PM
A lot of them say, "under test" so how would that stand up in a court of law. If you're cruising down the road at 90 and get caught could you just say well they were only under test and might not be working????

Hmmm. Surely you were only testing them as well then ?

It seems to me like Scotland has/is becoming a HUGE Nanny state. On some things. Ooh, speeding is MURDER. Always. Even on an empty road in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night.

Are Scottish roads SO more dangerous than the rest of the UK that it`s impossible to have one pint of beer and NOT kill somebody ? Yet, it`s still perfectly safe in England and Wales ? ( Sorry, no idea about safety in N.I. ?!! )

Mystified .

Jupiter
21-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. Surely you were only testing them as well then ?

It seems to me like Scotland has/is becoming a HUGE Nanny state. On some things. Ooh, speeding is MURDER. Always. Even on an empty road in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night.

Are Scottish roads SO more dangerous than the rest of the UK that it`s impossible to have one pint of beer and NOT kill somebody ? Yet, it`s still perfectly safe in England and Wales ? ( Sorry, no idea about safety in N.I. ?!! )

Mystified .

Why are you mystified? It is all Mrs Krankie's fault, she is a loony left control freak who likes bossing people around.

Mason89
21-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Drinking anything before getting into a car makes you a f*cking @rse. That's not Krankies fault

neilthedon
22-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Drinking anything before getting into a car makes you a f*cking @rse. That's not Krankies fault

Ah well. That`s me telt .
For the record , I don`t drink and drive. I`ll take the train / taxi if I want a drink.

I`d just like to know by how much RTAs have reduced since the new Law came in. The one where I can be legal in Carlisle , but banned from driving throughout the Uk, for a uniquely Scottish offence ?

40% of RTAs involve someone who`s had a drink. Might not be there fault, and they might not have been over the limit ( aye, the old one !! )
But that means that 60% of RTAs involve completely sober people .

What are we doing about them ? Speed Bumps ?

Mason89
22-08-2017, 11:02 AM
You're always going to have RTAs for a number of reasons but you can take alcohol completely out the equation by not doing it. It's a choice. Nobody should be that desperate for a pint that they'll risk driving later. That's a f*cking @rse

neilthedon
22-08-2017, 01:52 PM
You're always going to have RTAs for a number of reasons but you can take alcohol completely out the equation by not doing it. It's a choice. Nobody should be that desperate for a pint that they'll risk driving later. That's a f*cking @rse

Yes. I see what you`ve done there.
K.I.S.S.

Let`s move on. Sorry for diverting your thread about Lower League Away days Pac min !!

donsdaft
22-08-2017, 03:50 PM
They go live in October. Something a bit funny about the whole thing. All requests to see the paperwork on the reasons for implementing average speed cameras have been refused as it is deemed "not in the public interest".

I don't drive out of town much these days but came up from Glasgow this morning.
I was surprised to see that most of the old cameras had been taken away already.

Not in the public interest will mean that they can now prove that they never worked properly and are s'hitting themselves about having to pay everyone their fines back.

GET THE B'ASTARDS

donsdaft
22-08-2017, 03:51 PM
RTA's

For f'uck sake lads, get a grip.

standfreelee
22-08-2017, 07:39 PM
RTA's

For f'uck sake lads, get a grip.

i prefer RTJ's

Aldo1983
22-08-2017, 07:50 PM
How come every thread, no matter what the subject T&P...I mean Jupiter has to have a go at wee Krankie? XD

Pacman1903
22-08-2017, 08:28 PM
How come every thread, no matter what the subject T&P...I mean Jupiter has to have a go at wee Krankie? XD

Ill change the subject back when i go to Borough Briggs

Pacman1903
03-09-2017, 12:16 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/bdl1ex.jpg

Borough Briggs ticked aff. Played there but never watched in the past.

Petrodid cup Elgin v Bray Wandererers. Nae much of a spectacle. 2-0 Elgin. Which pleased me as i canna stick oik and taff teams being allowed in. Weather was scorching, game was sh@te, Bray fans were sound, i was smashed come 10pm(first blow out in a long time) Thats about it

Pacman1903
26-12-2017, 08:55 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2aiog1d.jpg

As Saturday fell through due to family reasons this was attempt two to attend the Strathclyde Homes.......I mean, the Dumbarton Football Stadium Sponsored by DL Cameron......I mean, The Bet Butler........I mean, the Cheaper Insurance.......I mean the YOUR Radio......F@ck it I went to The Rock

Dumbarton 1 v 4 Livingston

It occurred to me on the way down Last time I was in Dumbarton Mike Newell was bagging a hatrick at Boghead. It was also the only time I had been to Dumbarton

My host for the day Mason89 has mentioned a lot how good the surroundings are there. I have to agree. You have Castle looking down from the Dumbarton Rock, you have a good view of the town and you have a good view of the Leven meeting the Clyde. Its actually a shame you cant see the Castle and the Rock once you are in the ground as it would make a great photo. But sorry I still put Claggan at Fort William ahead in terms of aesthetics

After a couple of beers at the nearby bowling club and some appreciation for Derek McInnes we headed over. As far as entertainment goes this was worth the money. Dumbarton took the lead through a blood good half volleyed finish from Hearts loanee Alaistair Roy. This turned out to be the only time Neil Alexander in the Livi goal dived in the game. Livi were in control most of the game. There fist goal was calamity keeping at its best. The keeper Gallacher came out to catch a cross that was "bread and butter" but he dropped it, when he tried to recover it he inexplicably nutmegged himself leaving a tap in to an empty net.(Worth a look on YouTube, its hilarious) Livi then went on to take a deserved lead pretty much on the half.

Second half The Sons tried to shake things up by bringing on Christian Nade, literally the earth was shaking when he jogged on the pitch . He is half man half walrus. What a fat c@nt. Anyway it mad no difference, Livingston went 3-1 up, again the keeper was poor. It was game over and the Sons diehards started to shuffle out. 4-1 came through a neat finish from Robinson(only scorers name I caught for Meadowbank). There was a chance to make it 5 from the pen spot but the useless Gallacher pulled of a great save at his right hand post. This does not count as redeeming himself as you can never come back from that first goal. Then it was time for some calamity outfield play from a ex Hun who seemed to just have a feely and got him self booked twice in the last minute for silly pointless fouls. So he was sent packing and bizarrely applauded of the pitch........for being a total fud. I didn't understand it.

Good game for the neutral maybe nae so much for Mason though. A ground ive never been too ticked off ,5 goals, a pen miss, a red card, hilarious calamity goal keeping, Christain Nade being the fattest, slowest most cumbersome player ive seen in a long time, having a wee dig at Alan Archibald about tomorrow (he was sitting next to us) and a team who employs Ian Durrant getting pumped. Totally worth it

Mason, it was a pleasure pal and you are more than welcome for a Highland League game. Geez a shout

Mason89
26-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! A nice example of how sh1t football can be every bit as entertaining as good football. I’ll fire up the highlights so folk can have a laugh at the keeper & how fat Nade is.

Nice to put a face to the name. I’ll give you a shout for a highland league game

Pacman1903
26-12-2017, 11:14 PM
A nice example of how sh1t football can be every bit as entertaining as good football.e

Thats perfectly put

Pacman1903
06-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Any help would be much appreciated

I'm heading to Starks Park tonight. 2 questions

1)is it easy to park near?

2) is there a boozer near by?

I believe this will be my first visit to Kircaldy in my life. Got round most of the grounds that have been in the Prem in my days of Dons watching but Starks passed me by (also see Livi and Hamilton who I'm always offshore for)

Cheers in advance

TartanIvor
06-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Any help would be much appreciated

I'm heading to Starks Park tonight. 2 questions

1)is it easy to park near?

2) is there a boozer near by?

I believe this will be my first visit to Kircaldy in my life. Got round most of the grounds that have been in the Prem in my days of Dons watching but Starks passed me by (also see Livi and Hamilton who I'm always offshore for)

Cheers in advance

Plenty street parking near the ground and you can try the RR Social Club

Mason89
06-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Been there a couple of times to watch Dumbarton & Man City. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Aberdeen there but I remember going once and it got snowed off just before kick off. There used to be a cracking pub just outside at the bottom of a hill but i can’t see it on google. It’s a nice quirky ground

Pacman1903
06-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Excellent cheers

Their twitter says games on. Snows been shoveled aff by groundstaff and local residents. Bitty far for me to have helped oot

TartanIvor
06-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Just been speaking to mate off mine RRSC is to far away and bar Mason mentioned is closed
My mate suggested Novar Bar on Nicol St best place to go

sheepcrooky
06-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Remember in the days when I followed AFC everywhere. Aberdeen beat RR 8-0 in the first leg of the league cup, I went to the second leg where we won 3-0. Fine little ground (well it was then).

(It was a long time ago , so my memory may be slightly out).

Pacman1903
06-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Made it. Away to seek oot this pub

Pacman1903
06-02-2018, 06:35 PM
F@ck walking in that its f@cking Baltic. Found The Estuary instead. Just round the corner fae Starks

Pauldolski10
06-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Fan i went we parked at seafront and went to a pub on a hill.

InversneckieDob
06-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I think the last time I was at Raith Drew Jarvie scored for us.....canna mind being there since.

sheepcrooky
06-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Remember in the days when I followed AFC everywhere. Aberdeen beat RR 8-0 in the first leg of the league cup, I went to the second leg where we won 3-0. Fine little ground (well it was then).

(It was a long time ago , so my memory may be slightly out).

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3593&Season=1983-84

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3594&Season=1983-84

Close. AFC Heritage say it was 9-0 and 3-0.

cougared
06-02-2018, 11:33 PM
First time I saw Aberdeen there was in a cup replay in January or February 1968. The weather would have been very similar to that which Pacman experienced today. Baltic with a terrible wind.

The Rovers keeper was a wee lad - Bobby Reid? - and he punched away a corner only to see the wind catch the ball on the 18 yard line and take it back over his head for the only goal of the game.

sheepcrooky
06-02-2018, 11:37 PM
First time I saw Aberdeen there was in a cup replay in January or February 1968. The weather would have been very similar to that which Pacman experienced today. Baltic with a terrible wind.

The Rovers keeper was a wee lad - Bobby Reid? - and he punched away a corner only to see the wind catch the ball on the 18 yard line and take it back over his head for the only goal of the game.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2823&season=1967-68&squad=Senior

Here you go cougar.

Pacman1903
07-02-2018, 12:20 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2cor0iu.jpg

Starks Park a ground that eluded me in Raiths Premier years. Finally made it. The battle of the Rovers.

Got oot the the car (right outside the front door) and was hit with an Arctic blast. So the recommemded boozer was substitited for the closer Estuary. Spoke to a couple of guys regarding the Colts teams and its apparent Raith will vote against it. Good guys.

Got to thw ground and decided nae to sit in the wonky L shaped Turnbull Huttton stand and chose the behind the goal South Stand so i could see the weird one. The only places i remember seeing similar shaped stands are Tannadump and Polo Park ex home of Stoneywood.

First half was a tight affair. Probablly 50/50 ball possession and both teams did try to get it down and played some good fitba. But the highlight was the awesome steak pie. Up there with Forres Mechanics. Stappit full of excellent steak. I laughed at the sign at the pie stall saying "supporters be aware hot drinks are made from boiling water". I thought folk from Kirkcaldy must be a bit special. Turns oot boiling water down there is infact lava. Im sure the enamel is gone from my teeth and the skin from my upper mouth. F@ck me that was painful. Anyway RR went in 1 up at half time

The half time draw was done by a dude doing what ive set out to do but is better than me as he completed it tonight as Starks was his 42nd. Well played. Even more well played as hes from Es***. The announcer asked him his favourite and he said "the three big Glasgow grounds are impressive structures bit Arbroaths my favourite. To which the announcer said" really well at least you didnt say East End Park"

Second half started with an Albion equaliser but Raith came out and comfortably won the game 3-1.People think the negativity on here is bad. The Raith fans arround me were f@cking brutal. Many many bizarre shouts tearing strips when they were winning. My favourite at 3-1 with ten mins to go the keeper (ex Don Aarron Lennox) kept the ball at his feet to eat up time and did the old draw the striker in routine. The boy behind me lambasted him "oi ye f@cking d@ck, what the f@ck you playing at, we are 3-1 up, stop being a f@cking d@ck". Brilliant. Bit there are too many to list. Constant slagging. Throughout.

Anyway decent enough game

blowupsheep
07-02-2018, 03:04 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2cor0iu.jpg

Starks Park a ground that eluded me in Raiths Premier years. Finally made it. The battle of the Rovers.

Got oot the the car (right outside the front door) and was hit with an Arctic blast. So the recommemded boozer was substitited for the closer Estuary. Spoke to a couple of guys regarding the Colts teams and its apparent Raith will vote against it. Good guys.

Got to thw ground and decided nae to sit in the wonky L shaped Turnbull Huttton stand and chose the behind the goal South Stand so i could see the weird one. The only places i remember seeing similar shaped stands are Tannadump and Polo Park ex home of Stoneywood.

First half was a tight affair. Probablly 50/50 ball possession and both teams did try to get it down and played some good fitba. But the highlight was the awesome steak pie. Up there with Forres Mechanics. Stappit full of excellent steak. I laughed at the sign at the pie stall saying "supporters be aware hot drinks are made from boiling water". I thought folk from Kirkcaldy must be a bit special. Turns oot boiling water down there is infact lava. Im sure the enamel is gone from my teeth and the skin from my upper mouth. F@ck me that was painful. Anyway RR went in 1 up at half time

The half time draw was done by a dude doing what ive set out to do but is better than me as he completed it tonight as Starks was his 42nd. Well played. Even more well played as hes from Es***. The announcer asked him his favourite and he said "the three big Glasgow grounds are impressive structures bit Arbroaths my favourite. To which the announcer said" really well at least you didnt say East End Park"

Second half started with an Albion equaliser but Raith came out and comfortably won the game 3-1.People think the negativity on here is bad. The Raith fans arround me were f@cking brutal. Many many bizarre shouts tearing strips when they were winning. My favourite at 3-1 with ten mins to go the keeper (ex Don Aarron Lennox) kept the ball at his feet to eat up time and did the old draw the striker in routine. The boy behind me lambasted him "oi ye f@cking d@ck, what the f@ck you playing at, we are 3-1 up, stop being a f@cking d@ck". Brilliant. Bit there are too many to list. Constant slagging. Throughout.

Anyway decent enough game

Class as always pal, cheers

Pacman1903
07-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Class as always pal, cheers

2 more to come before im affshore again in 2 weeks

cougared
07-02-2018, 01:37 PM
I dont know if you noticed but the old stand has an enclosure in front of it. Years ago you could stand there and watch the match however if you tried that now the boundary wall would be above your head. When they built the new stands they levelled the pitch and the old enclosure serves to illustrate the slope on the old park.

The railway line enclosure which run along the opposite side of the pitch was redeveloped years ago only to find that the concrete they had used was too heavy for the foundations and it was deemed unsafe to use. I think. Great wee ground tho. Real fitba. Real fans. Nae tourists (apart from Pacman).

Pacman1903
07-02-2018, 03:30 PM
I dont know if you noticed but the old stand has an enclosure in front of it. Years ago you could stand there and watch the match however if you tried that now the boundary wall would be above your head. When they built the new stands they levelled the pitch and the old enclosure serves to illustrate the slope on the old park.

The railway line enclosure which run along the opposite side of the pitch was redeveloped years ago only to find that the concrete they had used was too heavy for the foundations and it was deemed unsafe to use. I think. Great wee ground tho. Real fitba. Real fans. Nae tourists (apart from Pacman).

And the boy fae es***

blowupsheep
08-02-2018, 02:56 AM
2 more to come before im affshore again in 2 weeks

fit two is that pal

TartanIvor
08-02-2018, 07:45 AM
fit two is that pal

Have you done Ainslie Park yet the home off Edinburgh City and Spartans FC

Pacman1903
08-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Broadwood next Friday for Cumbernauld Colts v Gala and Forthbank for Stirling Albion v Annan

Havent done Ainslie. Had train booked but it fell through.

Pacman1903
13-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Usual bar info check. Any help will be appreciated

Saturday I'm doing a mannies day oot at Forthbank for The Binos v Annan. Getting the train so its a richt day oot. I had a nosey for pubs and there seems to be heaps of choice. Can anyone recommend any as we don't have enough time to batter through them all? The three of us are beer connoisseurs so decent selections of ales wouldn't go a miss. Also does Alex Smith still have a bar?

Cheers

cougared
13-02-2018, 06:09 PM

Saturday I'm doing a mannies day oot at Forthbank for The Binos v Annan. Getting the train so its a richt day oot. I had a nosey for pubs and there seems to be heaps of choice. Can anyone recommend any as we don't have enough time to batter through them all? The three of us are beer connoisseurs so decent selections of ales wouldn't go a miss. Also does Alex Smith still have a bar?

Cheers

Think Smith's restaurant was/is a fair bit out of town. Forthbank is also fair bit out of town and the opposite direction to the majority of bars. The town centre bars are only a few minutes walk from the station - Baker Street area has a few bars which satisfy me - but I'm a bit of a happy-clapping half-and-(a)-half man. No 2 Baker Street used to be ok with some decent beers. Green Gates is great for a curry btw.

kkong
13-02-2018, 06:49 PM
Forthbank is also fair bit out of town and the opposite direction to the majority of bars.

God help us with Kingsford if Forthbank (1.1 mile walk from the station) is considered to be "a fair bit out of town".

Pacman1903
13-02-2018, 07:23 PM
God help us with Kingsford if Forthbank (1.1 mile walk from the station) is considered to be "a fair bit out of town".

Oh for f@ck sake thats a taxi there and back XD

Aldo1983
13-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Cheers

Hi Paco,

I used to go to the home games with my grandfaither when I wasn't being a top red. Back then though it was the old Anfield. Forthbank is an out of town soulless ground where the closest pub will be a beefeater type place. It isn't that far from the train station though.

As tradition you should go to the Port Customs and leave me outside whilst you have a couple of pints and smoke some fags. That's what my grandfaither used to do to me and my uncle before me.

Pacman1903
13-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Hi Paco,

I used to go to the home games with my grandfaither when I wasn't being a top red. Back then though it was the old Anfield. Forthbank is an out of town soulless ground where the closest pub will be a beefeater type place. It isn't that far from the train station though.

As tradition you should go to the Port Customs and leave me outside whilst you have a couple of pints and smoke some fags. That's what my grandfaither used to do to me and my uncle before me.

I saw the beefeater. I also checked the Albion web and it says theres the Bino Bar at the ground which is open to anyone

If you fancy a day oot ill easily leave you outside the pub

Aldo1983
13-02-2018, 08:04 PM
I saw the beefeater. I also checked the Albion web and it says theres the Bino Bar at the ground which is open to anyone

If you fancy a day oot ill easily leave you outside the pub

I don't know where is good for Ale as it tastes like piss but Morrison's has plenty of beer on tap. Pop into Europa music just a stones throw away. That's where I used to get my Nuclear Assault picture discs.

After the game go to behind the wall, rainbow rocks where Annalise from Neighbours hangs out then to the Fubar for a knock back and maybe a fight. Finish up in All that Jazz where you might get to nip a Lassie from Bridge of Allan. To be fair that was the agenda circa 1998. Gid times.

Pacman1903
13-02-2018, 08:07 PM
I don't know where is good for Ale as it tastes like piss but Morrison's has plenty of beer on tap. Pop into Europa music just a stones throw away. That's where I used to get my Nuclear Assault picture discs.

After the game go to behind the wall, rainbow rocks where Annalise from Neighbours hangs out then to the Fubar for a knock back and maybe a fight. Finish up in All that Jazz where you might get to nip a Lassie from Bridge of Allan. To be fair that was the agenda circa 1998. Gid times.

Annalise. Im there, just in the off chance

Aldo1983
13-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Annalise. Im there, just in the off chance

Stirling was a great night. I remember one of my mated pushed me into her in the Rocks. She looked at me like I was a total dick (which I was) and then the bouncers papped me out after giving me a do in. Wouldn't have been so bad if one of the bouncers didn't work with me.

Pacman1903
13-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Good adherence to the rules

Mason89
13-02-2018, 08:38 PM
I got barred from the Stirling Uni halls of residence in the 90s, partly because of a massive shyte that was left in the middle of the car park.

Wasn’t mine

Aldo1983
14-02-2018, 09:59 AM
I got barred from the Stirling Uni halls of residence in the 90s, partly because of a massive shyte that was left in the middle of the car park.

Wasn’t mine

Were you there on a Wednesday night?

Mason89
14-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Were you there on a Wednesday night?

Honestly can’t remember. We knew the guy who booked the bands for the student union in the mid 90s. There was about 20 folk out & it was a complete disaster. Fighting, pissing in the halls, police out lifting a couple & the aforementioned car park shyte.

The wee old janitor guy went to give all our names to the police but thankfully we’d all been signed in under the name ‘Dick’ which was pretty close to be fair

Aldo1983
14-02-2018, 10:15 AM
honestly can’t remember. We knew the guy who booked the bands for the student union in the mid 90s. There was about 20 folk out & it was a complete disaster. Fighting, pissing in the halls, police out lifting a couple & the aforementioned car park shyte.

The wee old janitor guy went to give all our names to the police but thankfully we’d all been signed in under the name ‘dick’ which was pretty close to be fair

mc xxx?

Mason89
14-02-2018, 10:19 AM
mc xxx?

It was a guy called Phil. Nice chap, St.Johnstone fan. My mate & his sister were pally

mondo_notion
14-02-2018, 10:25 AM
mc xxx?

In a world of confusion, sound of the total confusion. We're taking you higher, gonna set your soul on fire.

Aldo1983
14-02-2018, 11:27 AM
In a world of confusion, sound of the total confusion. We're taking you higher, gonna set your soul on fire.

Nice one

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 10:05 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/27xgq9w.jpg

Sacked off Broadwood on Friday in preperation for this early start. Felt weird being on the train from Inverurie speaking to Dons fans en route to Easter Road when i complete with a carryoot in a Dons club shop bag explaining we were away to Stirling Albion and nae Hibs. Even the taxi driver was a bitty baffled. But in my quest to conquer Scottish fitba Forthbank needed to be done

The ground its self is tidier than i thought it would be. As far as bottom tier fitba goes its a nice ground. It also has a very bonnie view of the hills.

But the fitba was horrific. My pal claims its the worst game hes ever seen. I would disagree in my days but it was f@cking terrible. 3-0 the Binos but it deserved to be 0-0. It was definatley the worst game ive seen on my Lower League Hike but not the worst ever. I got my photo. Thats what counts.

Headed to the pub right next to it after the game then all three of us lost track of time and we missed the train but luckily there was one 40 mins later so nae too much of a f@ck up. Good day oot and had some decent ales too. I also liked Nicky Tams. Cool wee boozer that. Shame about the fitba though. But at least i wasnt at Easter Road

Also as i saw Annan that only leaves Edinburgh City, Clyde and Cowdenbeath as the outstanding league members i havent seen in the flesh

Thats probablly me for the season due to offshore/Dons games/Juventus trip.(tben again i may head to Caley today) But i want to go to Cowdenbeath before they get relegated as i cant see them staying up. May have to skive a Dons game to achieve this

Stirling Albion 3-0 Annan Athletic

Aldo1983
18-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Did you go to the Port Customs?

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Nah, Nicky Tams, The Crossed peels, Number two Baker Street and the chain type Pub next to Forthbank

Aldo1983
18-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Nah, Nicky Tams, The Crossed peels, Number two Baker Street and the chain type Pub next to Forthbank

Those are all gay bars.

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Those are all gay bars.
Aye I ken, was bummed alot

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Ach I'm going to head to Caley today

Mason89
18-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Ach I'm going to head to Caley today

Hope the other mob win

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Nah an all Scottish final min. Its a Scottish tournament

Whens the final? Ill go if I'm onshore

Mason89
18-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Nah an all Scottish final min. Its a Scottish tournament

Whens the final? Ill go if I'm onshore

24th March. Venue still to be confirmed, based on who wins today

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 12:46 PM
24th March. Venue still to be confirmed, based on who wins today

oof I get home on the 23rd, Decent

Also id shun Pittodrie for that as we have St Johnstone that day

Pacman1903
18-02-2018, 03:16 PM
B@llocks. Yesterday caught up with me and I crashed out waking up now out. Nae Caley for me

Pauldolski10
16-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Lower league hike tomorrow

Fulham v QPR for me tomorrow, in london for weekend and Premiership games were too expensive, both teams been winning lately and its a derby.

InversneckieDob
16-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Lower league hike tomorrow

Fulham v QPR for me tomorrow, in london for weekend and Premiership games were too expensive, both teams been winning lately and its a derby.

Looks a tasty game (I base that on my stat studies in the interests of gambling rather than any knowledge of wendy fitba).

Pacman1903
16-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Craven Cottage is ace. Been a couple of times as my pal used to live in Putney. You get off the tube at Putney Bridge. And there a few good bars there. Then head back to the bridge on foot and through the park and the cottage is there.

Pauldolski10
17-03-2018, 03:52 AM
Aye i have heard its a good ground to visit so quite looking forward to it, £30 for ticket is not too bad either for English prices, wqs either that game or Charlton to see Magennis. The West Ham game was £60 so said fuuck that.

Pauldolski10
20-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Just back from my trip to London and Craven Cottage. Very good set up at Fulham, got off the tube and went for a pint in a german bar about 10 mins from cottage, only had time for 1 as by the time i flew down and got to my mates and then intonthe area it was around half 11 and it was a 12.30 ko. Enjoyed my Krombacher and walked to the ground, very nice area and a nice park just beside the ground. Anyway got there and headed to the pie and beer stall as i had to sample the delicacies, steak and ale pie was very tasty, not quite a County haggis pie but probably top 5 out of all the stadiums i have visited, had that and a pint and went to the seats, being in the away end for a local derby meant standing whole game which was a boost, QPR fans sang whole game and by what supporters round about me were saying they expected nothing from this game so no surprise to see Fulham go 1-0 up the Scottish boy Cairney was running the show and scored a cracking goal then just at half time went 2-0 up but on the whistle QPR got 1 back. Half time was brilliant, went out back for a beer and everybody was buzzing, smoke bombs going off and everybody singing, bouncing about and enjoying themselves, wee bit o trouble when cops tried to throw a couple boys out but fans from the stairs above grabbed 1 of the lads and hoisted him up away from them so cops just left. Back up for 2nd half and it was a completely different game, QPR stepped it up and Fulham couldnt handle them eventually they got the equaliser and the stand went wild, pushed for a winner but couldnt quite get there. Overall draw was fair enough. After game there was no getting kept back 10/15 mins or any trouble and everybody just mixed in walking to tube/pubs etc. 2 things i didn’t like the fact that Fulham had decorated the away area for the day in QPR bunting/flags/colours and some of the songs had words the didnt include the words Queens Park in them and i didnt feel comfortable with that. Cracking day at the football and because of getting a pint and a singsong before and at half time it shows that we miss it up in scotland as its a good laugh, a money maker and i think adds to it.

Pauldolski10
27-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Going to either Montrose, Brechin, Peterheed or Cove play off game tomorrow. Anybody recommend which is the better one? Montrose likely to win league, Peterheed could win it with a Montrose loss, Brechin tryin te get 1st win of season in last game, Cove trying to get in to football league. Choices 🤔

Pacman1903
27-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Sevcove v Spartans all the way

Jackjarvis
28-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Sevcove v Spartans all the way
We don’t have a game today.....again!
Was going to go to Links Park......however the lure of Inverurie is too much, outwith my own team,Hive....I’ve probably watched Cove more than even the once michty.

SF

Pauldolski10
28-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Cove v spartans it is. Big question is, how are the pies?

Jackjarvis
28-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Cove v spartans it is. Big question is, how are the pies?
F@ck knows, I’m just away to head up, they do a fine Uri Geller in the social club though.....3 points last night, AC unbeaten today and an unbiased/objective afternoon ahead watching two teams desperate to get a chance to play the Blue Brazil.

SF

Pauldolski10
28-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Heading off soon, does the social club have sky tv for Hamilton v County game? Looking forward to the game not seen much of Spartans so not sure what to expect we them.

Pacman1903
28-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Heading off soon, does the social club have sky tv for Hamilton v County game? Looking forward to the game not seen much of Spartans so not sure what to expect we them.

Yes it does have Sky and BT

Also the pies are alright and cheap.

If its the usual barmaid she's a laugh. Locos fan and rips the sh@te oot the Cove boys

Draught lager is Carlsberg or San Miguel. It was last time I was in for Cove v Strathy.

Enjoy guys and as dirty as it makes me feel. Come on sevcove. (local fitba and all that)

Pauldolski10
28-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Decent game 4-0 Cove so all but over, far better team and the baldy number 10 is good. The social club was busy before hand i was in early so managed a couple pints. Pie was average. Good day oot, grabbed a dominos pizza for way hame and a couple Camden Hells beers te wash it doon we.

Pacman1903
28-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Decent game 4-0 Cove so all but over, far better team and the baldy number 10 is good. The social club was busy before hand i was in early so managed a couple pints. Pie was average. Good day oot, grabbed a dominos pizza for way hame and a couple Camden Hells beers te wash it doon we.

Was it a steak pie?

Should have went to Aldi to stock up on Williams Brothers beers. Decent selection. All I ever set foot in there for. Cheap as f@ck too

Pauldolski10
28-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Was it a steak pie?

Should have went to Aldi to stock up on Williams Brothers beers. Decent selection. All I ever set foot in there for. Cheap as f@ck too

Nay sure if av tried a Williams Brother beer, tesco was getting rid of the Camden Hells for 70p a tin so took advantage. I asked for a steak pie, i paid for a steak pie but im sure it was mince.

Pacman1903
28-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Nay sure if av tried a Williams Brother beer, tesco was getting rid of the Camden Hells for 70p a tin so took advantage. I asked for a steak pie, i paid for a steak pie but im sure it was mince.

You are missing out on 7 Giraffes min

Jesus f@cked up when he turned water into wine. It should have been 7 Giraffes

Jackjarvis
28-04-2018, 11:18 PM

Not long home, Cove were by far fitter and the score flattered Spartans, hopefully my own team dependant , I’ll manage the next home tie via Blue Brazil

SF

Pacman1903
30-05-2018, 10:36 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/14khzj9.jpg

Look demented in that photo

You ken this ground collecting malarkey is getting a wee bit daft when you are travelling 65 mile to watch juniors

This is not technically part of the Lower League Hike. Its the new "go to everyone who has won the Junior Scotttish Cup in my lifetime" hike

Carnoustie Panmure 4-3 Hill o'Beath Hawthorn

Great start to this hike. End to end, check. Goals, check. Heavy challenges, check.

So first stop was Laing Park to catch the Gowfers. SJC winners in 2003-04 and the closest at 65 miles away. Also Gary Kenneths home 3 years after he was deemed Scottish International quality(out of fitba but did end up at Skonto Riga after Panmure I just wikipediad him)

What a game. End to end first half and clear there would be goals. The opener coming from some bullish play from Panmures number 9 who bashed his way through half the HOBs team to lob the keeper with a wee toe after a ricochet of the last defender he sent packing. HOB were back in it quick sharp after a debateable goal. Debateable as in the locals thought it was a flukey cross gone wrong. I being neutral think it was deliberate as it was hit far too hard to be a cross. Left footed from 25 yards up the right hand wing hitting the left post/bar on the way in. Fluke or worldie? I say worldie. Not long after the Hobs went up 2-1 and at the time a deserved lead. Right on half time the Gowfers equalised through a second worldie of the game. cross field ball to the right hand side of the box hit on the half volley across the goal in of the post. This coming from an angle tighter than a dolphins butt.

HT and I was on the prowl for a badge for Pacbros immense Scottish non league collection. I ended up with 3 old dears racking about to find een in the club offi......I mean club dilapidated portacabin then one appeared. Much appreciated folks

Pretty much straight away HOB took the lead through their old grizzled number 9 who was a pretty intelligent player and I also think he's the manager going by a few signals to the bench I noticed. This then fired Carnoustie into action. The got the ball down and played some pretty good football and equalised and then followed up by taking the lead with ten minutes to go. By this point HOB gave up any ambition of winning or even drawing. The just put in some meaty fouls and basically lost it for the rest of the game racking up some a heap of yellows.

Very entertaining game for a fiver

17 teams to go (9 in bloody Ayrshire)

Pacman1903
21-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Cowdenbeath 1 v 0 Cove Rangers

Sunny Fife today to the dive that is Central Park. Such a dive I loved it. Quirky place due to the race track and shear decrepitness of it. That's what makes it ace

Not much between the teams and not much to note in the game. The far side linesman was the talking point. Absolute walloper. F@cking terrible at his job. The offside against Megginson(who I would have fancied in the one on one with the keeper) was so far onside I even had a shout of disgust. Shocking decision but there were heaps more

The game looked certain to be 0-0 but the Blue Brazil scored with about 5 to go. Nae much of a spectacle. Was actually wanting a pen shoot out To note some of the Cowdenbeath players were carrying a f@cking hell of amount of timber. That's the first time I've ever seen Cowdenbeath only haven't seen Edinburgh City, Ayr United and Clyde now. Another thing to get on top of

Pleasure to meet you Vas min. Good to put a face to the dude. Cheers for the tunes much appreciated

Back to Fife tomorrow for East Fife v Forfar

NaeMairNeeps
21-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Pacmin min ... is it you fa has the AFC man cave? .... if so, Ah might hae somethin ye can tak aff ma hands.

eastnuekdon
22-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Sunny Fife today to the dive that is Central Park. Such a dive I loved it. Quirky place due to the race track and shear decrepitness of it. That's what makes it ace

Not much between the teams and not much to note in the game. The far side linesman was the talking point. Absolute walloper. F@cking terrible at his job. The offside against Megginson(who I would have fancied in the one on one with the keeper) was so far onside I even had a shout of disgust. Shocking decision but there were heaps more

The game looked certain to be 0-0 but the Blue Brazil scored with about 5 to go. Nae much of a spectacle. Was actually wanting a pen shoot out To note some of the Cowdenbeath players were carrying a f@cking hell of amount of timber. That's the first time I've ever seen Cowdenbeath only haven't seen Edinburgh City, Ayr United and Clyde now. Another thing to get on top of

Pleasure to meet you Vas min. Good to put a face to the dude. Cheers for the tunes much appreciated

Enjoy new bayview what a treat😂. The old stadium they had was a proper old fashioned ground with terracing all the way round. It’s now just one big stand and open sides. At least it’s the summer coz it’s a freezing cold hole in the winter. You should do the tourist thing and head to Anstruther for fish and chips after the game. No many luxury eateries in sunny methil by the sea!!!!!

57vintage
22-07-2018, 08:06 AM
Pacmin min ... is it you fa has the AFC man cave? .... if so, Ah might hae somethin ye can tak aff ma hands.

At last, the whereabouts of that jug-luggit little ****er’s ligament are revealed.

You could pass it roon the entire population of this site, and we can take it in turns to mak ligament broth. If I get my shottie on time, I might enter a sample at Keith Show.

Rochead
22-07-2018, 08:17 AM

I believe Pacman already has a wife. >;)

Pacman1903
22-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Nah thats nae me. I do have a fitba/music man cave but nae the full aberdeen one

Nae wife now though.

Pacman1903
22-07-2018, 08:55 AM
Enjoy new bayview what a treat��. The old stadium they had was a proper old fashioned ground with terracing all the way round. It’s now just one big stand and open sides. At least it’s the summer coz it’s a freezing cold hole in the winter. You should do the tourist thing and head to Anstruther for fish and chips after the game. No many luxury eateries in sunny methil by the sea!!!!!

Im getting my tea cooked tonght but otherwise i may have done that

vasilyrats86
22-07-2018, 08:57 AM

Good day oot Pacmin

The look on that lads face (wearing a Man ****ty top) when you shouted for that offside was class.

Cowden is like going to watch a game in somewhere like Zwickau in 1982 or maybe modern day backwater Moldova

Berwick had a similar feel when last there twenty years ago with that huge malt plant behind the ground and the fact it was a dreich day in November.

Fish supper in Ainster will hit you like a hammer nae change oot a tenner fir that ripping awf tourists imo

Enjoy Methil no a bad wee bar upstairs in the stand

NaeMairNeeps
22-07-2018, 02:00 PM
So, come on guys, remind ma .... fa is it on here fa has the AFC man cave that we've seen pics o'?

Pacman1903
22-07-2018, 11:01 PM
So, come on guys, remind ma .... fa is it on here fa has the AFC man cave that we've seen pics o'?

That's one of the walls in mine. Fitba/Music room.Dated photo as there is a Brescia,Atalanta and AC Milan scarf added

Pacman1903
22-07-2018, 11:28 PM

East Fife 1 v 1 Forfar Athletic
FA win 5-4 on pens

Good game today down in Methil. Far better than yesterdays serving

The whos who of Ab-Mad continued today as I spent the day with Rochred and his Grandson Ryan. Good dudes and the offer of hospitality was greatly appreciated. Shame I was getting my tea cooked for me already

Bayview is tidy. Obviously new but is very similar to the Rock in Dumbarton. Similar stand(colour scheme too), the views are also very similar with the town in one direction and a body of water on the other, with the Firth right next to it. Only difference being Bayview doesn't have a massive Rock peering down on it

The game itself was enjoyable. East Fife (now managed by Darren Young) were the better team from the start and played some good football. Very rarely took the ball off the deck. They also have a couple of good players with a clear man of the match in the big striker Kevin Smith. What an amount of ground that guy covers. They had a wee midfielder too who was decent but he faded when the numbers on the park changed.

East Fife took the lead on about five minutes and were the better team until a red that was nae a red happened(Ryan would disagree). High feet yes but the Forfar boy made the most and "Neymared" it and held his face when there was no contact at all. A booking at most. This obviously changed the dynamic of the game, for two reasons, one Forfar were allowed into the game and two the Bayview faithful got hilariously animated especially the indecipherable village idiot who pitched up on the seat next to Rochred. The guy was worth the tenner alone. Due to our seats being so close to the dugout we were in prime position for the tirade of abuse directed at Forfar manager Jim Weir. It was ace fun and Weir heard the lot and even made a "f@ck off ye greeting b@stards" rubbing of the eyes motion. He took the abuse but the Methil boys couldn't handle it back.

Back to the game Forfar scored right on half time with a well worked goal. The build up was good, the incidents that led to the ball going in was a bit calamitous but the lead up was decent. Also to be noted lower league linesman are sh@te. Both were at it today like the one yesterday. Must be a shortage and anyone can get the gig

Second half was ok, the Fifers plugged away Forfar created chances due to the space created by the extra man but only troubled the goal once.

So pens it was. Shame the score wasn't in reverse as I really did want East Fife 5 v Forfar 4. Ach well

Rochred you are a top dude. Total pleasure my good man. See you on Thursday for your Red Final

Quite fancy Clyde v Motherwell next week now (depends on Pac Jnr though)

NaeMairNeeps
23-07-2018, 03:42 AM

That's one of the walls in mine. Fitba/Music room.Dated photo as there is a Brescia,Atalanta and AC Milan scarf added

OK, that'll dae .... so, Ah hae this AFC fitba, signed by the season 16/17 squad ... includin Maddison, Alexander, Ryhun, Consi, PeePaw etc ....

Ah wis chuffed as **** when Ah won it in a raffle, chuffed tae hae it on display in ma very much musical man cave, but Ah'm haein a clear oot.

The ba could be daen wi a a wee pump-up, but itherwise, it's nivver been kicked, and in as good nick as Ah got it.

If yer needin it, gies a shout. Ah bide near the centre o' toon ... and generally free durin the wikk ... happy tae meet ye cental, and hand it ower .... if ye think ot's worth a pint, Ah'll nae refuse ;)

Pacman1903
23-07-2018, 05:39 AM
OK, that'll dae .... so, Ah hae this AFC fitba, signed by the season 16/17 squad ... includin Maddison, Alexander, Ryhun, Consi, PeePaw etc ....

Ah wis chuffed as **** when Ah won it in a raffle, chuffed tae hae it on display in ma very much musical man cave, but Ah'm haein a clear oot.

The ba could be daen wi a a wee pump-up, but itherwise, it's nivver been kicked, and in as good nick as Ah got it.

If yer needin it, gies a shout. Ah bide near the centre o' toon ... and generally free durin the wikk ... happy tae meet ye cental, and hand it ower .... if ye think ot's worth a pint, Ah'll nae refuse ;)

Ill easily take that aff yer hands for a pint or ten. Theres definatley a space that would do nicely for it

Pacman1903
23-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Just noticed the Eric Morcame joke is actually "East Fife 4v Forfar 5". Always thought it was the other way round so i did get it. Decent

NaeMairNeeps
23-07-2018, 03:32 PM
OK, the ba' is yours :) ..... jist name a time an' place, preferably efterneen, or early evenin, and Ah'll bring it along :)

Pacman1903
23-07-2018, 04:05 PM
OK, the ba' is yours :) ..... jist name a time an' place, preferably efterneen, or early evenin, and Ah'll bring it along :)

Ill bring along beer pennies

cougared
23-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Glorious. That'll keep me busy the morn.

Rochead
23-07-2018, 09:39 PM

East Fife 1 v 1 Forfar Athletic
FA win 5-4 on pens

Good game today down in Methil. Far better than yesterdays serving

The whos who of Ab-Mad continued today as I spent the day with Rochred and his Grandson Ryan. Good dudes and the offer of hospitality was greatly appreciated. Shame I was getting my tea cooked for me already

Bayview is tidy. Obviously new but is very similar to the Rock in Dumbarton. Similar stand(colour scheme too), the views are also very similar with the town in one direction and a body of water on the other, with the Firth right next to it. Only difference being Bayview doesn't have a massive Rock peering down on it

The game itself was enjoyable. East Fife (now managed by Darren Young) were the better team from the start and played some good football. Very rarely took the ball off the deck. They also have a couple of good players with a clear man of the match in the big striker Kevin Smith. What an amount of ground that guy covers. They had a wee midfielder too who was decent but he faded when the numbers on the park changed.

East Fife took the lead on about five minutes and were the better team until a red that was nae a red happened(Ryan would disagree). High feet yes but the Forfar boy made the most and "Neymared" it and held his face when there was no contact at all. A booking at most. This obviously changed the dynamic of the game, for two reasons, one Forfar were allowed into the game and two the Bayview faithful got hilariously animated especially the indecipherable village idiot who pitched up on the seat next to Rochred. The guy was worth the tenner alone. Due to our seats being so close to the dugout we were in prime position for the tirade of abuse directed at Forfar manager Jim Weir. It was ace fun and Weir heard the lot and even made a "f@ck off ye greeting b@stards" rubbing of the eyes motion. He took the abuse but the Methil boys couldn't handle it back.

Back to the game Forfar scored right on half time with a well worked goal. The build up was good, the incidents that led to the ball going in was a bit calamitous but the lead up was decent. Also to be noted lower league linesman are sh@te. Both were at it today like the one yesterday. Must be a shortage and anyone can get the gig

Second half was ok, the Fifers plugged away Forfar created chances due to the space created by the extra man but only troubled the goal once.

So pens it was. Shame the score wasn't in reverse as I really did want East Fife 5 v Forfar 4. Ach well

Rochred you are a top dude. Total pleasure my good man. See you on Thursday for your Red Final

Quite fancy Clyde v Motherwell next week now (depends on Pac Jnr though)

Assessment of game is spot on, added to that was the East Fife assistant manager being sent to the stand after having a quiet word in the linesman’s ear.
A pleasure to meet you again Pacman, both Ryan and myself enjoyed the afternoon in your company.

cougared
25-07-2018, 01:52 PM
What do you have the scarves pinned on to?

Pacman1903
25-07-2018, 07:38 PM
What do you have the scarves pinned on to?

Bamboo cane with clothes pegs

Pacman1903
04-08-2018, 09:05 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/23t1g5z.jpg

From Sheffield to Shielfield

Berwick Rangers 1 v 0 Stirling Albion

Was always going to take on one of the long distance ones today as I was in Sheffield yesterday. So Berwick it was

Shielfield is f@cking ace. Id go as far as saying its my favourite lower league ground. Its got proper character. I get much more pleasure from attending gems like this rather than new builds. The speedway track adds to the character, the fact the pitch slopes from each goal mouth to the centre line adds character, the fact the pitch is absolutely clarted in seagull feathers adds to the character the multiple silos towering over it adds to the character. Its just a great wee place. If you get the chance go for it but nae in summer as there are f@cking millions of wasps

Pre match pint in the Black n Gold bar speaking to some Binos and then Kevin the Berwick fan who bizarrely supports Forres Mechanics too. He doesn't even know why. He was also pretty clued up on the HFL. Fair play to the Stirling lot. Out in numbers again. Second time I have seen them on the road(first at Forfar) and they have been very well supported. More than Hamilton or Killie take to us. Nae bad for bottom tier diddies

The game was decent enough. Stirling will be ruing their glut of missed chances in the first half. On another day they would have won. Darren Smith the leagues top scorer last season was out injured so if he was in i reckon he would have made a difference. Berwick weren't without their chances either and it took until half way through the second half to score. I would say a deserved win on their second half performance

Highlight of the game was a pished up Bino having a go at a seagull. "oi that's mine ya c@nt,you ya c@nt, your that same c@nt from last week ya c@nt" as he chased it off

I enjoyed hearing the ref speaking all game. He was approachable, good and sensible too while still taking no **** .Refreshing to see. Chris Graham was his name

My only problem with Shielfield. The pie was a disgrace. Deep fried, tasteless and gave me a coating on my hand I couldnt wash off. Utterly f@cking bowf. I thought Montrose would never be beaten.

That's one of the long eens ticked off. I promised myself I would do two this season. Kevin said it should be Annan as its a good set up. So I will take Kevs advice

Edit- I saw the Dunfermline team bus heading home so I gave it a thumbs up oot the window in salute to them piling more misery on the TSMSTID

vasilyrats86
05-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Sounds a good day oot Pacmin

As I said tae ye I was there years ago sounds like hee haw has changed . I do mind the pie being absolutely rotten so thats no changed either.

Like you I prefer grounds with character no these identikit Lego jobs you get noo.

The other problem with that place is they close the bar at 2:30 as its English licensing laws...

Pacman1903
05-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Sounds a good day oot Pacmin

As I said tae ye I was there years ago sounds like hee haw has changed . I do mind the pie being absolutely rotten so thats no changed either.

Like you I prefer grounds with character no these identikit Lego jobs you get noo.

The other problem with that place is they close the bar at 2:30 as its English licensing laws...

Its definatley my favourite so far

Th bars changed or just breaking the law as the boy Kevin got a last gasp corona at 5 to 3

Mason89
05-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Give me a shout when you’re heading to Annan. I’ve not been to that one either & I’ll only be 10mins up the road

Pacman1903
05-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Give me a shout when you’re heading to Annan. I’ve not been to that one either & I’ll only be 10mins up the road

Maybe sooner than I think

The weekend im home from offshore(5 weeks this weekend) is a sh@tey international break. It does however mean Petrodiddy Cup. If Annan are home ill be going. Ill take the wee dude down for a couple of days away down that neck of the woods

Pacman1903
08-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Mason

Just noticed on the date above Galabank is occupied by Edusport v Vale of Leithan in the Lowland League

Ill easily do it if you fancy it. But if you want to see Annan ill do it after

Mason89
08-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Sounds grand, whenever you fancy. I’ve moved down to Dumfries now anyway, so really it’s just when it suits you

deaconred
03-09-2018, 05:50 PM
With it being the International weekend, lots of "groundhoppers" take the opportunity to visit grounds they haven't been at before and wouldn't normally get to go to by following their club. Airdrie reckon the get 10-20 hoppers and as such have a special offer on this weekend.

£20 you get a ground tour, stand seat, programme and badge (I've been to Airdrie?).
£50 and you also get a seat in a box - with lots of hoppers - and "refreshments".

Sounds so fantastically sad that I'm sure I'd love it - unfortunately Cans v Broch this weekend is so big a match that missing it would be unthinkable.

InversneckieDob
03-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Sounds grand, whenever you fancy. I’ve moved down to Dumfries now anyway, so really it’s just when it suits you
I had a night out in Dumfries.......many years ago now.
Went into a nightclub, it was downstairs. By the time we got from the bottom of the stairs to the bar we saw three fights and a glassing.
Two of the three fights had at least one woman involved.

Pacman1903
03-09-2018, 06:41 PM
I get home on Friday

Camelon v Linlithgow Rose for me (my Junior teams to win the scottish cup in my life hike)

Mason89
03-09-2018, 09:33 PM
I had a night out in Dumfries.......many years ago now.
Went into a nightclub, it was downstairs. By the time we got from the bottom of the stairs to the bar we saw three fights and a glassing.
Two of the three fights had at least one woman involved.

Mixed reviews so far of the place. The town itself is fine, the folk are a little odd. The other night the neighbours were having an argument which ended with her wielding a knife, then jumping in the car & trying to run him over. It’s a shame she missed as I heard the prick singing a Nacho Novo song the other week. Another one across the road like to do his gardening while listening to Penny Arcade on repeat. Easy to see why Tory MPs fair quite well down here.

Other than that, it’s fairly quiet. The pubs have a funny smell to them

Pacman1903
08-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Camelon 2-0 Linlithgow Rose

Part two of my "visit every Junior team to win the Scottish Cup in my life" quest.(Camelon winning it in 1994/95) Made a day of it with visits to The Keplies, The Falkirk Wheel and the Antonine Wall. Then off to the game.

My first experience of the new fangled Lowland League feeder divisions, this being the East Of Scotland Division C. Both teams being junior ship jumpers in the summer to try their hand in the pyramid system. It was a weird one, Linlithgow had a lot of the ball for long spells of the game but created absolutely f@ck all and Camelon on another day should have had five or six. Not a bad game but did expect more from the Rosey Posey. Liked Carmuirs Park, healthy crowd too. Three quid to get in with junior being free. Well worth it with two stunning goals. The first being inside five minutes, a perfectly timed half volley from what looked like the edge of the box, the striker followed the flight of the long ball to him brilliantly then unleashed a howitzer into the top corner. No keeper would have stopped it. The second was better with the Mariners right midfielder recieving the ball on the wing about thirty yards out and running directly toward goal i even thought to myself, "have a ping min" which he did when he reached the corner of the eigh**** yarder. It left his foot like a bullet across the goal and into the side of the net which almost ripped the goals out the ground going by the distance the net bulged. A f@cking stunning strike. In the second half Camelon missed three or four really good chances but it wasn't to matter. Highlight of the game was some of the tackling, ludicrous to say the least. Some being really bloody nasty. Great to watch. Richt Mannies Fitba

Promised myself id do four of the winners this season. Next up Tayport to get the closest een out the road(already done Carnoustie Panmure)

Mason89
08-09-2018, 07:09 PM
No thumb in the pic?

Disappointing.

Pacman1903
08-09-2018, 07:37 PM
No thumb in the pic?

Disappointing.

Had to selfie it Camelonians are not very forthcoming

deaconred
09-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Pac

Looking at Milan Juve on 11 November. They kick off at 19:45. Atalanta at home to Inter - kick off 11:30. Thinking about an hour from Statzione Centrale to Atalanta. Games finishes around 1:15 pm. Should easily make ti back to the San Siro for half sixish?

Atalanta website - can't find an English version.

Any tips? Tickets? Where to sit?

BogBrush1903
09-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Peterheid v Bohs yesterday...Peterhead didn't allow the Bohs fans in their social club and big police presence. Completely unjustified..

Walked from Ellon to Longside via Auchnagatt, Maud and Mintlaw (Buchan and Formartine Way) consequently missing the first-half but wondered in for nothing at half-time so the jobs a good un...

BogBrush1903
09-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Pac

Looking at Milan Juve on 11 November. They kick off at 19:45. Atalanta at home to Inter - kick off 11:30. Thinking about an hour from Statzione Centrale to Atalanta. Games finishes around 1:15 pm. Should easily make ti back to the San Siro for half sixish?

Use Google Translate...It looks like the operate something called a Dea Card at Atalanta and some matches are restricted to those with this card (presumable the Inter might be one)...when I buy tickets at a stadium abroad I always take ID with me and it looks like Atalanta request it

Pacman1903
09-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Pac

Yo

Me and my pal went to Atalanta v Inter in April. The tickets were general sale and no bother to get but google translate is handy. It was them I had to say I was born in Italy to get. Then had to give my passport details (born in Aberdeen). Top notch security.
XD

Tips, the Atleti Azurri is a bowl so anywhere you sit (stand trust me) is a good vantage point. Its better to see the hardcore fans in my opinion as they are easily the best fans ive ever seen. (think I stated that before) So try and get on the wing as they are behind the goal. The place was f@cking rammed that night

Things to note, if you are needing a quick train after, jog it as there was a f@cking huge police presence when we are there with streets shut off for Inter fans only. The bus up took forever. Its about 2 miles from ground to station. We ran the whole way to catch the last train to Milan as it was a night game. I managed nae bother as im a fine specimen but my pal was jiggered. But going by your times you will be fine

I notice Brescia are home to Verona on the Saturday. We had a good day out there (then trained to Atalanta after for a double header). Bonnie place Brescia, which is just further than Bergamo. I recommend it

Very important info. Take photographic ID with you. New rule as of last season. We got checked twice at Brescia, Twice at Atalanta and once at Milan. Hadnt happened in previous years in Italy

Other really important advice. Keep your eyes peeled for KO times. Our Itinery started as Parma, Atalanta, Juve, Milan. Then it turned into Parma, Atalanta, Milan and ended up Brescia, Atalanta, Milan due to KOs changing all the time up until a week before. Lost out on money for Juventus

You will love it dude. Italy is my favourite country for fitba

Our spring trip next year is Napoli v Juventus

deaconred
09-09-2018, 06:00 PM
I think I was born in France according to my Cuore Rossoneri card.

Managed to get site translated and it's not too bad.

Might fly to Bergamo and stay there - might have to take the hit of a taxi back from Milan after the Juve match.

Still in early stages of organising - whole thing could still go titsup.

Many thanks for hints - especially getting train after match.

I am in my mid 60s and not in good nic for someone in their mid 80s.

Pacman1903
09-09-2018, 06:43 PM
I think I was born in France according to my Cuore Rossoneri card.

Managed to get site translated and it's not too bad.

Might fly to Bergamo and stay there - might have to take the hit of a taxi back from Milan after the Juve match.

Still in early stages of organising - whole thing could still go titsup.

Many thanks for hints - especially getting train after match.

I am in my mid 60s and not in good nic for someone in their mid 80s.

You winna need to run. So you are fine.Easy walkable but we had 25 mins to catch the train after FT or we were stuck in Bergamo. We basically got on the train and it took off. If you do stay in Milan theres a 24 hour restaurant next to the train station(come out the main door and turn left and cross the road). Its really good. Food and huge beers. Shows sport too. Ended up in there after Bergamo at midnight then for breakfast on the sunday. Its not even a dump as you would exoect for a 24 hour joint. A really authentic local place and quite posh. Only place in milan with a 24 hour license. The waiters were totally sound and loved our scottishness

Oh and have a pint on the 11th and celebrate my birth

deaconred
09-09-2018, 07:40 PM
You winna need to run. So you are fine.Easy walkable but we had 25 mins to catch the train after FT or we were stuck in Bergamo. We basically got on the train and it took off. If you do stay in Milan theres a 24 hour restaurant next to the train station(come out the main door and turn left and cross the road). Its really good. Food and huge beers. Shows sport too. Ended up in there after Bergamo at midnight then for breakfast on the sunday. Its not even a dump as you would exoect for a 24 hour joint. A really authentic local place and quite posh. Only place in milan with a 24 hour license. The waiters were totally sound and loved our scottishness

Oh and have a pint on the 11th and celebrate my birth

Been in there a couple of times.

Will toast your health on the centenary of armistice day.

Pacman1903
09-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Been in there a couple of times.

Will toast your health on the centenary of armistice day.

Make sure its a Peroni Gran Riserva. Beautiful stuff

Pacman1903
14-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Cumbernauld Colts 4-0 Arniston R*****s

First of all. Everyone who said its a cold c@nt of a place. I see what you mean. Its got a permanent draft blowing through. Glad I went in September and nae January. I was f@cking jeelt by the time I left.

Second of all, terrible crowd. I counted 43. Just before KO an Arniston committee boy said to his pals "sh@te crowd, thought there would be more. We outnumber them for f@ck sake". I sniggered and he turned to me and said "you a Cumbernauld man?" and I said "nah min a neutral fae Aberdeen" to which he replied "Bloody hell there are more folk from Aberdeen than Cumbernauld here" Sums up the crowd. It also made me credit my own dedication to my crusade.

Nae much of a game. An exhibition match for CC. The whole first half was played in the Arniston half but was inexcusably 0-0 at half time. Some poor finishing on show. Second half CC scored early and that was that. Arniston were lost. A second came from a peach of a free kick. Top corner via the bar from twenty five yards(only thing of note during the game.) Straight from centre CC nicked the ball and went up and made it 3-0 and a fourth quickly followed

The pitch is a plastic abomination. I noticed a few players getting their feet stuck throughout the game. Its a f@cked cruciate ligament waiting to happen. Also in regards to the ground. Its yirded in celtic stickers. On the seats, in the bogs, on the walls. What's that about. I did see a "doonhamers on tour" sticker in amongst them though. Also to be noted the behind goal is full of broken seats and just looks sh@t. The have replaced a heap but its like they have run out Also in the behind the goal stand there are two random foxes on the roof as seen below

Nae much of a spectacle but its another one ticked off. Getting there slowly

Mason89
14-09-2018, 11:36 PM
The whole ground’s a wind tunnel. Baltic. Glad you’ve got the tour back on track with a proper photo 10668

RED_JOHN
15-09-2018, 03:41 AM
Pacman.....that beard is not health looking. You are like a younger Derek McInnes. :O

XD

Pacman1903
15-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Pacman.....that beard is not health looking. You are like a younger Derek McInnes. :O

XD

I dont call it a beard. I call it laziness

deaconred
24-10-2018, 04:55 PM
managed to get milan juve tickets this morning. took me ooooors tho as the website "had problems". Haven't ruled out the Atalanta Inter match yet but I think it might make everything just a bit rushed for a pensioner with a dodgy knee. Managed to fit in a visit to Sorrento FC (v Fidelis Andria). 23rd ground this calendar year. Rubbish pitch, nice wee ground, fantastic efforts from both sets of ultras. Was going to do a Pacman pose but selfies aren't really my main area of expertise.

Not sure if I have ANY area of expertise actually.

Pacman1903
24-10-2018, 06:25 PM
managed to get milan juve tickets this morning. took me ooooors tho as the website "had problems". Haven't ruled out the Atalanta Inter match yet but I think it might make everything just a bit rushed for a pensioner with a dodgy knee. Managed to fit in a visit to Sorrento FC (v Fidelis Andria). 23rd ground this calendar year. Rubbish pitch, nice wee ground, fantastic efforts from both sets of ultras. Was going to do a Pacman pose but selfies aren't really my main area of expertise.

Not sure if I have ANY area of expertise actually.

Nice. How much you pay for Milan if you dont mind me asking?

Im home in a week and going to attack Scotland. Was filling my diary today. Morton, Killie, Banks O Dee, Aberdeen, Annan, Dundee Utd, Alloa(BSC Glasgow), Falkirk(East Stirling), Tayport

4 new grounds, 8 photos and will be over the halfway mark of the scottish top forty complete with photo (sevco and pigs can **** off).

deaconred
25-10-2018, 08:20 AM
I usually go to the second level red - long side. Prices there vary according to who they are playing. Against Napoli a few years ago it was 30 Euros. The derby against Inter the following year was 50 euros. The derby last year (when I had agreed to take my son) jumped up to 95 euros for the same seat. For the Juve match I had planned to go to second level behind the goal for around 95 euros but in the end had to settle for a really poor seat up in the third level for 60 euros. Milan are a typical "big" club - they really dont give a toss about the punters.

Your latest trip sounds fun.

Pacman1903
25-10-2018, 08:33 AM
We were 50 last season v Napoli. The most expensive fitba ticket I've ever bought.

donsdaft
25-10-2018, 08:42 AM
San Siro prices have fairly shot up.

I used to get in for about £15

Milan v Juve was probably the dearest, just bought a ticket outside the ground for about £20-£25

Roberto Baggio was worth the entrance money on his own.

youtu.be/fJdFB4fgp4Q

donsdaft
25-10-2018, 09:01 AM
Actually it was probably cheaper than that.

1st time I went ( Van Basten hat trick) it was cheaper than Pittodrie

deaconred
25-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Their prices have really bumped up the past couple of years for the "big" games - Napoli will count now as a "big" game. They also have a membership scheme which gives you access to tickets before the general sale but the card used to be for 4 years now it has to be renewed each year.

The Derby this year in March was postponed because of the death of the Fiorentina captain (?) - but no refunds were offered if you couldn't make the rearranged date. I went - it was a nil-nil bore. They - like all the "international appeal" clubs - have maybe three main type of fan. The first is the loyal lad that goes along to the San Siro every week. Like most clubs they dont have to try with them. The second is the now and again fan who only turns up for the big games - maybe three or 4 a season. Again, the dont have to worry about them - they dont seem to do anything to get them there every week. The third is the tourist - and they know they have a never-ending supply of Far East fans who will only visit once so .. guess what? They dont care too much about their experience either cos they know they wont be back.

Then there's me. They dont give a toss about me either.

InversneckieDob
25-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Pac your thumb should be inducted into the Scottish fitba hall of fame.

Pacman1903
25-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Pac your thumb should be inducted into the Scottish fitba hall of fame.

Just wait untill ive done the top forty, Caledonian League, Lowland League and The Scottish Junior Cup winners in my life and i may be in with a shout. On 80 Scottish grounds just now

Jackjarvis
26-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Just wait untill ive done the top forty, Caledonian League, Lowland League and The Scottish Junior Cup winners in my life and i may be in with a shout. On 80 Scottish grounds just now

A good hobby and you get to see so many different attitudes/traditions......I’ve only visited stadiums/grounds whilst supporting or part of a team.....I genuinely don’t know how many I’ve been to, there are quite a few that no longer exist.....I’ll get my thinking cap on.

SF

InversneckieDob
26-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Counting Highland League and Juniors I'd guess I'd be in the 40s overall.

Like you I've been to some that are around there now.
Been to Boghead, nae the new one, been to Broomfield but nae the new one, Douglas Park but nae........etc.
Conversely I've been to Broadwood but never went to Shawfield, likewise Forthbank but was never at Annfield.

I mind the auld man taking me to a Junior cup tie......think it was Lochee United against Stoney. I have a programme fae that one someplace.
73, I think that was. The year Hive got to the last 16. Got beat aff Linlithgow, I was there as well.

I reckon I might take up grun bagging when I retire.

Pacman1903
26-10-2018, 08:59 AM
A good hobby and you get to see so many different attitudes/traditions......I’ve only visited stadiums/grounds whilst supporting or part of a team.....I genuinely don’t know how many I’ve been to, there are quite a few that no longer exist.....I’ll get my thinking cap on.

SF

Ive been to a few that are gone. Off the top of my head

Boghead
Recreation Park(Peterhead)
Allan Park
Vicente Calderon
Ninian Park
Brockville
Chris Anderson (Technically counts)

Its a great hobby and all consuming now. 120 so far with 78 in Scotland and 42 abroad.I have done almost the whole of the top 42, but I'm revisiting for photo purposes. Ayr, Albion(12th Jan),Airdrie (13th april) Stranraer, Annan(10th of nov), QOTS and I have done them all bar Edinburgh City who are homeless just now.

This season I have been to 11 new grounds and have 13 penciled in for the rest of the season. The wee mans involved now too so he comes to some if I have him

Theres definitely a lot of enjoyment to be had being a neutral and not giving a sh@te about the outcome. As long as its nae 0-0

Jackjarvis
26-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Ive been to a few that are gone. Off the top of my head

Boghead
Recreation Park(Peterhead)
Allan Park
Vicente Calderon
Ninian Park
Brockville
Chris Anderson (Technically counts)

Its a great hobby and all consuming now. 120 so far with 78 in Scotland and 42 abroad

This season I have been to 11 new grounds and have 13 penciled in for the rest of the season. The wee mans involved now too so he comes to some if I have him

I have had a quick think:
Boghead
Broomfield
Annfield
Muirton
Love St
Douglas Park
Brockville
Recreation Park
Filbert St
Olympic Stadium Munich(still used for various sports...I think)
Kilbowie
Shawfield
Pittodrie.......(I f ucking hope not though)

All supporting the once michty, and there could be many more that I’ve forgotten about due to excesses during said visits !

SF

InversneckieDob
26-10-2018, 09:24 AM
I'm quite proud to have Firs Park on my list.
Times were already hard and one end had been sold to. ...... someone, mebbe a supermarket.
Anyway, behind one goal was just this big f u ck off wall.

It reminded me of playing fitba in the playground with one goal drawn onto a wall.

I was tempted to ask the ref if "reboundies" were allowed.

Pacman1903
26-10-2018, 09:35 AM
I'm quite proud to have Firs Park on my list.
Times were already hard and one end had been sold to. ...... someone, mebbe a supermarket.
Anyway, behind one goal was just this big f u ck off wall.

It reminded me of playing fitba in the playground with one goal drawn onto a wall.

I was tempted to ask the ref if "reboundies" were allowed.

My work mate was sent off at Firs for punching his teammate. East Stirling v Buckie Bhoys

Edit- I just looked it up and his memory failed him, ES had moved to Ochilview by then

He did however get sent off at Montrose when at Deveronvale for punching David Robertson when he was manager of Montrose. Legendary act

InversneckieDob
26-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Sweet!! I'd forgotten Beano managed Montrose.

Mason89
26-10-2018, 10:16 AM
I was at Firs Park years ago, for a televised Scottish Cup match with Dumbarton. Most notable thing that happened was our subs having a ‘see who can pee the highest’ competition against that wall. Jimmy Gilmour won it despite his small stature

Aldo1983
26-10-2018, 10:22 AM
I was at Firs Park years ago, for a televised Scottish Cup match with Dumbarton. Most notable thing that happened was our subs having a ‘see who can pee the highest’ competition against that wall. Jimmy Gilmour won it despite his small stature

That's a blast from the past. What a player.

InversneckieDob
26-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Superb!

Did Jimmy Gilmour in the latter stages of his career play in the Highland League with pre-merger Caley?

Mason89
26-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Here’s his playing career here. Another one from Bellshill...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gilmour

Aldo1983
26-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Here’s his playing career here. Another one from Bellshill...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gilmour

He's not from Bellshill. I've told you this before.

Mason89
26-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Close enough. It’s all weegie overspill :)

BogBrush1903
26-10-2018, 12:02 PM

I've been to 62 Scottish grounds...Here follows a horrible comma separated list:

Pittodrie Stadium,Easter Road,Tyncastle Stadium,Tannadice Park,Allan Park,Fir Park,Glebe Park,Gayfield Park,Bellslea Park,Broomfield Park,Links Park,McDiarmid Park,Celtic Park,Christie Park,Ibrox Stadium,Hampden Park,Dens Park,Brockville Park,East End Park,Balmoor Stadium,Falkirk Stadium,Kynoch Park,New Douglas Park,Recreation Park,Station Park -Forfar,Station Park -Nairn County,Tulloch Caledonian Stadium,Firhill Stadium,Ochilview Park,Stair Park,The Excelsior Stadium,Bayview Stadium,Stark's Park,Raydale Park,Cappielow Park,Cliftonhill,Borough Briggs,Meadowbank Stadium,Forthbank,Palmerston Park,St Mirren Park,Broadwood Stadium,Central Park,Galabank,Almondvale Stadium,Victoria Park - Ross County,Victoria Park - Buckie Thistle,Dumbarton Football Stadium,Rugby Park,Shielfield Park,Somerset Park,Ferguson Park,Dudgeon Park,Harlaw Park,K-Park Training Academy,Holm Park,Princess Royal Park,Murrayfield Stadium,New Tinto Park,North Lodge Park,Balmoor Park,Mosset Park

All for matches I hasten to add...there's a lot of them with the suffix Park though

Pacman1903
26-10-2018, 12:18 PM
I want to conquer Scotland from Junior upward

That's the aim anyway

BogBrush1903
26-10-2018, 12:31 PM
I want to conquer Scotland from Junior upward

That's the aim anyway

My raison d'etre is to visit all teams that appeared in the 1982/83 European Cup Winners Cup draa

Pacman1903
26-10-2018, 12:46 PM
My raison d'etre is to visit all teams that appeared in the 1982/83 European Cup Winners Cup draa

Wattershei are gone but its a great plan.

But its funny you mention that as i have a few challenges running just now. Top 40 with photo(15 down with 8 penciled in in the near future) , Junior teams to win the Scottish in my life (2 down of 18,Hill of Beath and Tayport penciled in), Foreign team for every letter of the alphabet(10 letters to go) but i am also doing.....

Every team to win the ECWC(with photo). Obviously Rangers are dead so they cant be visited which is a bonus. I have done 8 so far, Aberdeen, Man Utd,Bayen Munich, Dortmund, Milan, Lazio, Ajax and Atletico Madrid. I'm booked for Sporting Lisbon in January and Fiorentina in Feb so another two will be bagged this season

Its the best hobby ever but becoming a geeky obsession

BogBrush1903
26-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Wattershei are gone but its a great plan.

But its funny you mention that as i have a few challenges running just now. Top 40 with photo(15 down with 8 penciled in in the near future) , Junior teams to win the Scottish in my life (2 down of 18,Hill of Beath and Tayport penciled in), Foreign team for every letter of the alphabet(10 letters to go) but i am also doing.....

Every team to win the ECWC(with photo). Obviously Rangers are dead so they cant be visited which is a bonus. I have done 8 so far, Aberdeen, Man Utd,Bayen Munich, Dortmund, Milan, Lazio, Ajax and Atletico Madrid. I'm booked for Sporting Lisbon in January and Fiorentina in Feb so another two will be bagged this season

Its the best hobby ever but becoming a geeky obsession

Well Waterschei merged with Winterslag (played United in the early 80s) to form Genk....Waterschei and Winterslag are two areas within Genk...the stadium though is still in the same location (although they turned it round so not in the same position)...I was there in August to see Genk play Brondby...

Pacman1903
26-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Well Waterschei merged with Winterslag (played United in the early 80s) to form Genk....Waterschei and Winterslag are two areas within Genk...the stadium though is still in the same location (although they turned it round so not in the same position)...I was there in August to see Genk play Brondby...

Decent. Good luck in your quest.

Pacman1903
03-11-2018, 07:50 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/301128i.jpg

Picked a cracker today

Morton 5-1 Partick Thistle

Sh@te weather aye but it didnt dampen my Cappielow experience. It was great. Its a great proper old school ground. Exactly what an old romantic wants. The Cow shed was in full voice and getting it right up the Partick fans and Jai Quitongo.

The game was an eye opener. Partick were the worst team i have seen this season and away from the Dons ive done 12 neutral games too, at all levels. They will be in danger of a double relegation(did that happen before, i think it did). Nothing about them is remotely good. Complete dross. They went up 1-0 but as soon as Morton equalised it was the Tons game. They destroyed them with ease. Miles Storey used to play for us. He is shockingly bad. He hit two shots out for throw ins in quick sucession and between the two hit a shot higher that it got distance and just landed in the small Sinclair End terracing after making contact on the pen spot.

I also got to witness something i doubt ill see again. About 70 mins in as Morton were away to score their 5th there was an f@cking massive bang above the main stand. (i was in it). Nobody knew what it was and the game carried on. Turned out a floodlight bulb exploded and showered the pitch in glass. A Morton player called the ref and it was held up for 7-8 mins as players and officials picked the shards out of the grass

Well worth the day out. Now in Ayrshire and the weathers looking awful for Rugby Park

To be noted, well played Morton vvvvvvvvvvvv

http://i68.tinypic.com/ak90ug.jpg

Pacman1903
11-11-2018, 08:06 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2zem640.jpg

Annan Athletic 0 v 2 Cowdenbeath

I promised myself i would do two of the big eens this season. Ive done two now(Galabank and Shielfield) so i reckon ill smash all four in now

Big fan of Galabank. As soon as i got out of the car i could see why they were accepted into the league. (10th season now, where does time go.) . They have a decent set up.

Found myself there at 1 so i went into the social club for a pint. Decent place and the locals were really friendly. I also spoke to a Blue Brazil fan as he had a manc accent which i thought was weird. Turns out he is a FC United of Manchester fan and was actually the clubs programme editor. But he was also a Cowdenbeath fan. Sound dude. So were all his pals who he had coaxed into coming up.

One thing i noticed about Annan is, there is a real sense of local pride amongst their fans. They love it. They all seem to know eachother to and all wear colors prettty much. During the match i stood bletherering to some old geezers. Also very nice fellows. It was intetesting to get their take on the club and where its heading. They all used to play against Annan 50 years ago in the Carlisle and District league. Good to hear all their stories.

The game was a funny one. Annan played some really nice fitba but cost themselves as two errors caused both goals. First een, the keeper shirked out of a challenge with the striker who didnt shirk and poked the ball in. The second was in the last min. The Annan right back inexplicably tried to pass across the edge of the box to tbe LB but teed it up nicely for the Cowdenbeath player who f@cking smashed it home from twenty yards. Cracking hit.

Great day out despite the weather.Great people. one of my favourite trips so far. I recommend it to anyone who finds themselves down in the area.

BogBrush1903
11-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Nice one, did you get a ticket stub at the Annan match? I was there for a match against East Fife and had a couple of beers in their social club...I remember two drunken East Fife fans telling a woman who had came out of her house that they were from "the brightside of Fife" which is not my recollecton of Methil.

I was surprised at the degradation of Annan town centre but then I was quite surprised at the poverty around Scotland when I went round the grounds. Comparatively, we really do live in a bubble up here in the North-East. I do worry what will become of Aberdeen once the oil dries up. Probably something along the lines of Detroit...

Pacman1903
11-11-2018, 09:02 PM
No stub. So kept my 50/50 ticket as a memento

I saw none of Annan the town as i drove to Newcastle straight after and you will know Galabank is right on the edge of town at the motorway side

Mason89
11-11-2018, 09:04 PM
The towns alright, been in much worse. Give us a shout when you get round to Dalbeattie Star :)

Pacman1903
11-11-2018, 09:09 PM
The towns alright, been in much worse. Give us a shout when you get round to Dalbeattie Star :)

Or Queens.

Mason89
11-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Or Queens.

Absolutely. It’s not a bad day out. Pubs are alright, good chippy & terracing

Pacman1903
11-11-2018, 09:20 PM
May even stay doon for that een

Mason89
11-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Aye, mon down get pished. Me & the missus will put you up, if you don’t mind a veggie breakfast

Pacman1903
11-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Aye, mon down get pished. Me & the missus will put you up, if you don’t mind a veggie breakfast

Nice one.

Pacman1903
17-11-2018, 05:02 PM

Tayport 0 v 2 Lochee United

Part of my winners of the Junior Scottish Cup in my life quest. Tayport winning it in 1996/2003/2005

Best team won easily. Lochee keep the ball really well and are defensively solid as f@ck which is alot to do with Gary Kenneth who for being a fat c@nt is immense at this level. But he should be. Hes younger than me and was a pro not so long ago.

Nae a bad game. Thought as this used to be a big game but has been missing for a few years after Tayports relegation it might have been fiesty. It threatened after Lochees second but Tayport seemed to realise that Kenneth going off injured has seriously weakened Lochee. So they got the ball down and played and tried to get something out of it rather than boot lumps.

Pac Jnr definatley prefers the lesser games. Fine by me

Massive

3 down 15 to go with Whitburn coming next week

deaconred
17-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Went up to Grantown for Strathspey Forres League Cup match. Forres the better team went a goal down before equalising in 25. Dodgy last-man tackle saw a red card for Strathy and a peach of a free kick to put Cans up.

Down a goal, down to 10 men. Game over.

Strathspey equalised!

Second half Forres dominated and eventurally scored three late goals.

Good game. Good day.

Pacman1903
25-11-2018, 01:41 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/288whef.jpg

Whitburn 4-1 Kennoway Star Hearts

Ground four of the Junior Cup winners in my life quest. Never thought id do an East of Scotland Superleague games on two consecutive Saturdays. Just done it. Whitburn, Scottish cup winners in 2000 leading me here today. Was very close to heading to Motherwell but for two reasons i didnt as 1-Jnrs nae good with big shouty crowds (im sure there was plenty of that today) and 2-i needed to be back up the road sharp so early KO suited me.

Nae much of a game but i was treated to two f@cking class goals. Whitburn took the lead through one of them, a weak worm burner clearance from the Kennoway defender rolled to the Whitburn boy who placed this unstoppable curler right into the top corner. Wasnt even hit hard. Just with amazing precision from about 35 yards. Great finish. This actually got Kennoway into the game a bit as they put up a fight and got themselves back in it and on to level terms. At HT i noticed the pitch was cutting up to f@ck. Actually made the game a bit scrappier and dirty because alot of second touches were tackled with a few being missed timed. Whitburn went up 2-1 shortly after the restart. Then cracking hit number two came to make it 3-1. KSH defender clears with good length, Burnie boy tries his luck first time from just over the half way line and suceeds in nestling the ball in the back of the net and tangling the stranded keeper in the net. Some hit. Boy next to me said lucky, he deliberatley tried his luck fae fifty yards. Where was the luck. He set out to do it and suceeded. Missed the fourth as i was away for a slash.

Decemt enough. Never been to Whitburn, dont see any reason why id ever be back. They do have a decent social club if you ever find yourself there

To be noted. The East Region revolt in the summer (Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Hill of Beath etc etc leaving) has weakened that league big time. I saw Lochee United (top of the league) last week who were very very good and one of the best junior teams ive seen. Whitburn were 5th going into that today and moved into 4th. They were promoted into the league due to the mass exodus. The gulf between the two is f@cking massive. Lochee should piss that league.As for Kennoway, they are actually one of the few remaining teams in the Superleague from last season and are pretty garbage.

14 to go

Pacman1903
06-01-2019, 12:45 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/apcl8n.jpg

Dufftown 4-2 East End

Due to an early morning return to Meldrum after a long drive from Manchester i thought a localish game was needed. Webster Park in Dufftown it was. (Once graced by Nicky Walker)

On arrival in the Morayshire toon i fancied a pint in the Seven Stills pre match but unfortunatley it looks like its shut down. So the Commercial it was. A friendly wee place if you end up in Dufftown.

Played there a few times in the past but its a changed place and been done up to what can only be described as tidy for Northern Juniors standards. One of the best id say. With a neat enough stand and Pavillion etc. Its also in a great setting of hills and farmland on the edge of town. So rural i was treated to a first in all my however many games ive been too. Gunshots and lots of them. Must have been a farmer killing rabbits or something. But it added to the character of the place.

The game was decent too. East End went up one nil early doors as i was taking a leak so nae sure what happened. From there it was quite end to end for the rest of the half but no keeper worked. It was a really quick game. Bith teams seemed to have a few whippets in their ranks. Then in added time of the first half the Dufftown striker was wiped oot in a spectacularly crazy fashion meaning the resulting pen made it 1-1.

Second half Dufftown were far better and took a 2-1 lead through a long ranger perfectly placed in the bottom corner. They quickly follwed up with a cracking team goal ending withba cracking ba in from the right(the Dufftown RM had a great cross and set piece on him throughout) right on the CFs napper. Cracking goal. This seemed to trigger a loss of discipline from both teams. Which the ref didnt need as he was poor throughout with alot of simple decisions being wrong. This led to East End getting back in the game as Dufftown lost their shape. A decent accurate finish into the bottom corner from 18 yard. But Dufftown put it to bed with ten mins to go with another decent long range effort. Good day out in cracking weather for January (especially in Dufftown). Well worth the fiver and 45 min drive

http://i65.tinypic.com/dvop02.jpg

Great weather and a bonnie view

Pacman1903
12-01-2019, 08:40 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/rclrpf.jpg

Albion Rovers 0-2 Peterhead

Another for the old romantic. Cliftonhill is a classic old school relic. I thought i better nail it before its a Lowland League ground which is looking likely. 7 points this season so far. Closest team to them has 14. Playoff bound

Day started well as Pac Jnr was an over the turnstile job then the stadium announcer saw me and the wee man heading for a coffee. He shouted us over and said "he must be the youngest here". Got his name and said over the tannoy "a big Rovers welcome to 4 year old Pac Jnr whos travelled from Oldmeldrum with his dad, surely the youngest and furthest travelled child fan here and hes a neutral too". He got a clap. Then the annoucer followed up with "welcome to Coatbridge.i hope you have locked your car"

First half Albion were the better team. And by some distance. Peterhead were devoid of any creativity. Rory McAllister and Derek Lyle were anonymous and the Albion keeper did nothing. Albion had the better chances but spurned the lot. McAllister also went off injured after half an hour. I thought it could be more dropped points after a being beat by Clyde last week.

2nd half the Blue Toon were alot better and became established in the game. They took a deserved lead through very good refereeing. An up and under led to a striker v keeper aerial challenge that nine times out of ten would be keeper being over protected. But he let the strikers challenge stand and ex pikey Ryan Dow headed the knock down into an empty net. Then Peterhead looked like the team chasing promotion. They went on to grab a second via a decent placed finish into the bottom corner from their lurch/Cosgrove striker. Fair rwsult id say in the end. Cliftonville is quality. Be a shame to lose it to the Lowland league and maybe forever(East Stirling Struggling to put up mich of a challenge down there)

I have to give credit to two things. Firstly the Albion fans. Not once did they get on their teams back. Not once. They backed them untill FT. This is a team hurtling towards relegation from the league set up. Very good fans

Then as mentioned on the ex Dons thread.Stuart Hogg the fitness coach who used to grace Pittodries turf pre match many moons ago putting Deano and Dodd etc througj their paces. 78 he is reported to be and still doing what he clearly loves(Peterhead he works for) . Hats off to you Stuarty min.

Good day out and what was actually a really enjoyable game

nice1simmy
12-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Good report from the game and pac jr looks like he had a good day out

Pacman1903
12-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Good report from the game and pac jr looks like he had a good day out

Hes loving fitba more and more. I really cant complain

afc1903mad
12-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Im nae having it.
You’re never 6’3”, either that or pac junior is 5’10” ;)

Pacman1903
12-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Im nae having it.

He is a big loon. Maybe he is

Aldo1983
12-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Albion Rovers get grief, even on here but they aren't Celtic fans without a bus fare. Can't be easy supporting them in a hot bed of tims like Coatbridge.

Pacman1903
12-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Albion Rovers get grief, even on here but they aren't Celtic fans without a bus fare. Can't be easy supporting them in a hot bed of tims like Coatbridge.

After i was at the museum pre game i went to ASDA to get a bank. There was a f@cking pigs club shop staring back at me next to the bank. Gads

Hats off to all die hard Albion fans. I want them to stay up.

DodHagi
12-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Sticky hats off to Coatbridge imhabitants. What a rancid part of our beuatiful country. And i include Airdrie and their mutant hun Section B in that.
Abject bigot cave dwellers of the lowest fkn degree. I studied sound engineering at Glasgow Caley 2001, new course just been invented, and had part of the course was in Airdrie. Fk those big@t cu@ts. Wow they where backwards. The day 12:00 KO’s started, old firm day, was absolute fkn carnage and i almost got stabbed as a dandy in downtiwn Aordrie that day. Mutant fkn c&nts

Mason89
12-01-2019, 11:04 PM
The Section B were an interesting bunch right enough

Pacman1903
12-01-2019, 11:16 PM
The Section B were an interesting bunch right enough

Airdrie may be next trip home.

Have them v Montrose or Stranraer v Raith on the 2/3. Depending on Dons Cup tie

MerklandRoad84
13-01-2019, 12:36 AM
Do you have a planned scheduke of games you intend to go to, or do you just wait till the weekend and see what game catches your eye?

Jackjarvis
13-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Im nae having it.

Aye PAC min, good to see you and your loon ticked off another ground and had a good day out.....up here I enjoyed our match at Ellon, 3 points taken back to the riviera @ the final whistle.

SF

BogBrush1903
13-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Was the whole of Cliftonhill open Pacman? When I visited in 2014 only the Main Stand side was open. I'm intending on returning for the Sevcove League playoff

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Aye PAC min, good to see you and your loon ticked off another ground and had a good day out.....up here I enjoyed our match at Ellon, 3 points taken back to the riviera @ the final whistle.

SF

Two keeper howlers Pac Snr said. Finny team Thistle. Play well alot of the time but chuck points galore. Mid table for them i reckon

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Was the whole of Cliftonhill open Pacman? When I visited in 2014 only the Main Stand side was open. I'm intending on returning for the Sevcove League playoff

The mainer and the terrace behind the goal only. We stood in the terrace the whole game

It may be Kelty Hearts in which case i would hope you support Albion for a day due to Keltys manager

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Do you have a planned scheduke of games you intend to go to, or do you just wait till the weekend and see what game catches your eye?

Im a trip home ahead usually. Pittodrie takes priority. So thats me done this time home as Stenny next week then im away. Only home 3 weeks next time as doing a favour so can only fit in Airdrie of Stranraer but i migjt get another depending on Dons opponents in the 5th round

I had been to approx 3/4 before i started this but as ive turned into a geek and need a photo so revisting a significant amount. I enjoy it. Football as a neutral is decent. I like not caring about the outcome and hoping footballs the winner

There are/were grounds i wanted to do more than others. Central Park, Shielfield, Cliftonhill which i have and Palmerston and Somerset Park which await. Im at 20 of the top 40(pigs and sevco can do one)

Its great the wee man comes now as we head off early and take in a museum or point of interest and have a wee picnic(usually in the car as the weathers sh@te). Shame he cant come all the time, but unfortunatley thats life.

The main aims are nailing the top forty and the juniors to win the Scottish in my life (4 down of 18 and trying to do 6 a season so on course). Then ill do something else. North Caledonian maybe

I have no social life these days (golf widow as all my mates play golf and nothing in between) so this replaces it

A properly enjoyable hobby that i wish i took up a long time ago.

Edit- Its been good also because i have met folk from here a few times too and watched with them. Rochred-East Fife, Vasilyrats - Cowdenbeath and Mason89-Dumbarton(potentially again for QOTS). All sound dudes.

Jackjarvis
13-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Two keeper howlers Pac Snr said. Finny team Thistle. Play well alot of the time but chuck points galore. Mid table for them i reckon

Tbh, the keeper was at blame for one goal, however it is unfair to single him out imho, if indeed thistle tried to play fitba as I’m sure they can they should be fine, we are a young team but will not be intimated......unfortunately the bar was closed and the only communication I had with possibly your dad was a handshake at the end as I wished the team all the best going forward.

SF

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Tbh, the keeper was at blame for one goal, however it is unfair to single him out imho, if indeed thistle tried to play fitba as I’m sure they can they should be fine, we are a young team but will not be intimated......unfortunately the bar was closed and the only communication I had with possibly your dad was a handshake at the end as I wished the team all the best going forward.

SF

Would have had the flag all game, short with grey hair and a grey beard

Aye the Meadows bar is gone. Which is a disgrace.

BogBrush1903
13-01-2019, 09:54 AM
The mainer and the terrace behind the goal only. We stood in the terrace the whole game

It may be Kelty Hearts in which case i would hope you support Albion for a day due to Keltys manager

Aye, I would support the Rovers against either of those two. I actually had a soft spot for the Rovers since by Dad took me to a rare away game in the 1980s against them at Fir Park in the League Cup. That match in August 1989 was the last time the Dons played them.

Mason89
13-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Aye, I would support the Rovers against either of those two. I actually had a soft spot for the Rovers since by Dad took me to a rare away game in the 1980s against them at Fir Park in the League Cup. That match in August 1989 was the last time the Dons played them.

I was at that one. They put all the fans together in the same end

GlezgaRed
13-01-2019, 11:38 AM

I was at the game yesterday, as you mention the fans really backed their team to FT.
Just felt they never got that bit of luck you need when bottom of the league, i'll be back for their next home game as i've given up on the top league this season due to the blatant corruption.

No mention of the 50 year old mascot, doubt you'll ever see so many cameras for teams running out in the bottom league ?

Bit of trivia for you, Albion's No.10 used to play for Villareal.

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 11:42 AM
I was at the game yesterday, as you mention the fans really backed their team to FT.
Just felt they never got that bit of luck you need when bottom of the league, i'll be back for their next home game as i've given up on the top league this season due to the blatant corruption.

No mention of the 50 year old mascot, doubt you'll ever see so many cameras for teams running out in the bottom league ?

Bit of trivia for you, Albion's No.10 used to play for Villareal.

Wee man needed a pee at about 14.58 so i missed KO and the mascot

There was a thing about the Number 10 in the Sunday Mail nae long ago.

I didnt think Albion were as bad as to be so far adrift at the bottom

GlezgaRed
13-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Change of manager has helped them out from what i've read, starting to get their act together but the damage was done in the first 4 months of this season.

7 points behind Berwick so play-off likely.

Pacman1903
13-01-2019, 12:10 PM
If you fancy an Airdrie game im up for it

Jackjarvis
13-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Would have had the flag all game, short with grey hair and a grey beard

Aye the Meadows bar is gone. Which is a disgrace.

Indeed, I shook hands with both the chaps that were ages/perhaps older than myself in the dugout across from where I was standing, shame the bar is not open now as it is fine to have dialogue after the game with a small libation.

SF

Pacman1903
19-02-2019, 11:48 PM

Ill use this photo as Jnr was delighted to meet Lionel Nessie

Inverness Caley 2-2 Ross County (Caley on Pens)

After reading about the first game then noticing I was home for the replay this was a no brainer. Although I have been up numerous times and have even had a tour of the stadium (after my U14 team pumped theirs 4-2 with two from yours truly) it was a photo opportunity and a chance to carry on Pac Jnrs education of Scottish fitba**

What an advert for our game. I thought that was a f@cking great game to watch as a neutral.. Atmosphere was great despite the big gaps in the crowd.This due to Caley having a signing section mid stand behind the goal. In good numbers too. (Nae chucked in the corner of the family stand). All game they made a din. County also had a section that was a bit boisterous and even had flares

But more importantly after an epic first game we got an epic replay between two team clearly wanted to go through (no devaluing cups like in other countries). Just a bloody good game from the off, tough tackling, good attacking play and 22 men that gave a f@ck (I thought Gardyne was excellent). With RC looking like going through and Caley to equalise so late on just made it all the more decent. Then after that it just seemed like everyones legs went and anything could have happened. Foxs almost f@ck up summed up the tiredness of everyone

I said all along I would leave at 90 mins no matter the score as Jnr was with me. So radioed the ET and Pens. Gutted I missed a pen shoot out but it was a wise choice as I was just beyond Fochabers by the time the pens had finished. Too late for the wee man as it would have been after midnight.

Tonight the Champions League the so called best tournament in the world threw up two 0-0s. All four teams involved had single players worth more than ICT and RC are worth in total as clubs combined. I know where I would rather have been and I was. Two teams who wanted to win and threw up a cracker with no over defending. Proper entertainment by proper football players.

Scottish Football = Knocked by too many when actually entertaining as f@ck most of the time

Champions League = Sports equivalent of Hitler and Pol Pots love child

**His education is 10 months so far (which is really 5, he has watched games from junior up to the Prem. Tonight was the tenth tournament he has viewed in the tenth region of Scotland. His 15th ground too. Its awesome to see how much he is loving it. Much better than doing it myself

GASC1980
20-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Good post Pacman especially with the comparison with the chumpions league.

blowupsheep
20-02-2019, 10:14 AM

After reading about the first game then noticing I was home for the replay this was a no brainer. Although I have been up numerous times and have even had a tour of the stadium (after my U14 team pumped theirs 4-2 with two from yours truly) it was a photo opportunity and a chance to carry on Pac Jnrs education of Scottish fitba**

What an advert for our game. I thought that was a f@cking great game to watch as a neutral.. Atmosphere was great despite the big gaps in the crowd.This due to Caley having a signing section mid stand behind the goal. In good numbers too. (Nae chucked in the corner of the family stand). All game they made a din. County also had a section that was a bit boisterous and even had flares

But more importantly after an epic first game we got an epic replay between two team clearly wanted to go through (no devaluing cups like in other countries). Just a bloody good game from the off, tough tackling, good attacking play and 22 men that gave a f@ck (I thought Gardyne was excellent). With RC looking like going through and Caley to equalise so late on just made it all the more decent. Then after that it just seemed like everyones legs went and anything could have happened. Foxs almost f@ck up summed up the tiredness of everyone

I said all along I would leave at 90 mins no matter the score as Jnr was with me. So radioed the ET and Pens. Gutted I missed a pen shoot out but it was a wise choice as I was just beyond Fochabers by the time the pens had finished. Too late for the wee man as it would have been after midnight.

Tonight the Champions League the so called best tournament in the world threw up two 0-0s. All four teams involved had single players worth more than ICT and RC are worth in total as clubs combined. I know where I would rather have been and I was. Two teams who wanted to win and threw up a cracker with no over defending. Proper entertainment by proper football players.

Scottish Football = Knocked by too many when actually entertaining as f@ck most of the time

**His education is 10 months so far (which is really 5, he has watched games from junior up to the Prem. Tonight was the tenth tournament he has viewed in the tenth region of Scotland. His 15th ground too. Its awesome to see how much he is loving it. Much better than doing it myself

:star: :star:
Class pal.

SF

InversneckieDob
20-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Lionel Nessi is just the best mascot name ever.

its_a_goal
20-02-2019, 12:30 PM

Glad to hear that you both enjoyed it. I've always loved Caley / County clashes and always go if there's a game on when I'm home. I love both grounds although I prefer County's. Hunted high and low last night for a stream. Nae luck. Found 75,000,000 streams for the champions league. Listened to it on BBC Scotland. Sounded like a cracker of a game - even though the wrong team won. Pity it wasn't on the tele at all. As you say, great advert for Scottish football. Great that Jnr met Nessie.

Pacman1903
26-02-2019, 07:40 PM
At Tannadump tonight

Mark Reynolds is captain. Loanee as captain seems a sh@te idea to me

Br0chred
26-02-2019, 08:57 PM
At Tannadump tonight
U
Mark Reynolds is captain. Loanee as captain seems a sh@te idea to me

Pacman, I heard Boots have a job lot sale on DDT. Get doon there the first thing i morn. You'll need it

Pacman1903
26-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Pawlett off for a f@cking wild tackle. I winna see a worse een this season

NaeMairNeeps
26-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Pacman, I heard Boots have a job lot sale on DDT. Get doon there the first thing i morn. You'll need it

Hope ye didna hae tae keep tellin thon fυckin lice tae sit the fυck back doon so ye could see the game :D

NaeMairNeeps
26-02-2019, 10:28 PM
"As big as fυckin MICE?? .... well ... fυck me ... unless yer mice are this size, think again min!"

Pacman1903
26-02-2019, 11:50 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/21mhz10.jpg

Dundee Utd 1-0 Inverness Caley

I take great pride in saying i went to Tannadice on my lower league hike. F@cking diddies. Been many times before but nae photo and Pac Jnr gets his 16th ground ticked off

Speaking of diddies, a raffle ticket as an entrance ticket. Very diddy. But those raffle tickets cost me twenty quid and ten quid. The dearest the wee man has cost anywhere from the premier to the juniors. I did notice you were only charging PJM kids/concessions a fiver though. Robbing b@stards

I obviously sat in the Caley end. No chance of sitting in with pikeys. First thing that grabbed my attention. Mark Reynolds is PJM captain. Loanee as captain? A bit of a sh@te idea. Second thing was, half the ground was shut.Also very diddy.

Game wise it was nothing to write about. Poor standard. Which is surprising as top Ross County were playing second Ayr so something had to give there and this was third v fourth so i thought they would have been fired up as the winner was to get closer to the top. How i was wrong. 90 mins of bad misses and the most unforced errors i have ever seen in a game of football.

Bizarre from the ICT massive,every time Reynolds and Pawlett toucjed the ball they were abused for being sheep sh@gging b@stards. Do Caley nae like us?

The two talking points. The PJMs won with a pen that was never a pen. The defender 100% won the ball.

The second. Peter Pawletts red card for a f@cking ludicrous three hour late lunge that was just bloody wild. No need at all

Anyway we winna be worrying about Dundee Utd coming up via automatic promotion. But Hamilton and St Mirren are pish so i wouldnt rule out them beating them in a playoff. Come on Ayr or ICT get these c@nts oot of second

thebeachend
27-02-2019, 03:41 AM
I think our reserves will win the championship and be automatically promoted.

Pacman1903
27-02-2019, 06:59 AM
I think our reserves will win the championship and be automatically promoted.

Ive seen county and the PJMs in the last week and RC are a fat better team. Also 5 clear with a game in hand v Falkirk who are pish

Pauldolski10
27-02-2019, 07:16 AM
Do Caley hate us?? Granted i only know a handful of Caley fans but every one of them was/is a Hun. Highland Huns are all they are

Jackjarvis
27-02-2019, 07:39 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/21mhz10.jpg

Dundee Utd 1-0 Inverness Caley

I take great pride in saying i went to Tannadice on my lower league hike. F@cking diddies. Been many times before but nae photo and Pac Jnr gets his 16th ground ticked off

Speaking of diddies, a raffle ticket as an entrance ticket. Very diddy. But those raffle tickets cost me twenty quid and ten quid. The dearest the wee man has cost anywhere from the premier to the juniors. I did notice you were only charging PJM kids/concessions a fiver though. Robbing b@stards

I obviously sat in the Caley end. No chance of sitting in with pikeys. First thing that grabbed my attention. Mark Reynolds is PJM captain. Loanee as captain? A bit of a sh@te idea. Second thing was, half the ground was shut.Also very diddy.

Game wise it was nothing to write about. Poor standard. Which is surprising as top Ross County were playing second Ayr so something had to give there and this was third v fourth so i thought they would have been fired up as the winner was to get closer to the top. How i was wrong. 90 mins of bad misses and the most unforced errors i have ever seen in a game of football.

Bizarre from the ICT massive,every time Reynolds and Pawlett toucjed the ball they were abused for being sheep sh@gging b@stards. Do Caley nae like us?

The two talking points. The PJMs won with a pen that was never a pen. The defender 100% won the ball.

The second. Peter Pawletts red card for a f@cking ludicrous three hour late lunge that was just bloody wild. No need at all

Anyway we winna be worrying about Dundee Utd coming up via automatic promotion. But Hamilton and St Mirren are pish so i wouldnt rule out them beating them in a playoff. Come on Ayr or ICT get these c@nts oot of second

I mind taking a very young Jarvis jnr to Dens when they had all the money to afford top class players.......aye awrite then!!.....goes to the away section in the main stand and found out there was no concessions, therefore, a 5, 40 and 68 year old all paid the full amount.....with 3 raffle tickets in hand and a bit pissed off at the cheek of the c unts, I asked “where do we sit?”.......the response “anywhere!”......administration soon followed..... f uck knows if the 3 adult admission monies went to creditors....I very much doubt it.

SF

Pacman1903
27-02-2019, 11:48 AM
5 for him at Airdrie on Saturday i just noticed. Thats the top an under 12 should be if you ask me

Morton are permanently a quid for a kid. Hats off to the Ton as its the only place ive seen it. Im on 24 of the 40 now. There have been a few over the turnstile jobs too.

Pacman1903
02-03-2019, 10:49 PM

How did Airdrie United get their deid clubs name back. Did they just sneak it in with the old badge and hope everyone wouldn't notice. Very sevco-esque. But it is funny how it happened in for the season after Sevco appeared so they probably thought "f@ck them, if they can we can"

But away from slagging them off I also gained a fair bit of respect after seeing their community advertisement board inside the concourse at Excelsior(no way im calling it the Penny Cars Stadium). They do a lot and I doth my Indians cap to them. They also have the first sensory room in British football so people with conditions like autism for example can watch the game and feel safe. It seems to have taken off too. They also raised a load of money for charity after the death of lifelong fan Mark Allison, even putting his face on their strip. Many celebrities (my favourite being Eric Idle) being pictured with and signing a shirt. Raising about 100k in the process. There are many more.But my favourite was the Diamond aces scheme for season ticket holders under 16. Tenner for the season ticket and it includes, chance to be mascot out of the hat,free bowling at a local bowling alley, numerous training sessions with the team, mini games at every home game prior to kick off(if the away fans have kids their they are also invited), but also free transport and entry to all away games. Pretty decent club if you ask me

Airdrieonians 1-0 Montrose

Speaking of charity, wee dude was an over the turnstile job(which actually means through at the same time as me in a floor to roof turnstile, no mean feat, I can assure you). Cheers for that

First half was no great shakes. Have to say though both teams tried to play decent fitba. Not a lot of lumping. A few balls pinged into the corners for wingers but nothing up to Cosgrove-esque even with Montrose having a 12 foot striker. But nae much of note. But back to the 12ft striker. The plastic pitch takes another victim. Russel McLean went to take a shot, got it away(probably should have scored) then got his studs caught in the turf and you could see his knee buckle. Game held up for 15 mins. Oxygen the lot. His dad was even called over the tannoy

Second half saw a bizarre thing, the referees had changed from yellow to black when Airdrie were in the famous diamond and white and Montrose were in all red. But the keepers were in all black and all navy meaning there was a clash when there wasn't before. Anyway Airdrie were they better team and scored in 46th min. The rain was absolutely hammering down and swirling in and out of the stand which was a bit dreech and sh@t but what did I expect trailing roon Scotland watching lower league fitba.

I reckon Montrose were better on the ball but Airdrie were more streetwise .Seen worse games, seen better but another een ticked off

Pacman1903
03-03-2019, 12:13 AM
I forgotbto mention. The scoreboard read 0-0 all game

Sack the scoreboard mannie

deaconred
04-03-2019, 12:15 PM

How did Airdrie United get their deid clubs name back. Did they just sneak it in with the old badge and hope everyone wouldn't notice. Very sevco-esque. But it is funny how it happened in for the season after Sevco appeared so they probably thought "f@ck them, if they can we can"

But away from slagging them off I also gained a fair bit of respect after seeing their community advertisement board inside the concourse at Excelsior(no way im calling it the Penny Cars Stadium). They do a lot and I doth my Indians cap to them. They also have the first sensory room in British football so people with conditions like autism for example can watch the game and feel safe. It seems to have taken off too. They also raised a load of money for charity after the death of lifelong fan Mark Allison, even putting his face on their strip. Many celebrities (my favourite being Eric Idle) being pictured with and signing a shirt. Raising about 100k in the process. There are many more.But my favourite was the Diamond aces scheme for season ticket holders under 16. Tenner for the season ticket and it includes, chance to be mascot out of the hat,free bowling at a local bowling alley, numerous training sessions with the team, mini games at every home game prior to kick off(if the away fans have kids their they are also invited), but also free transport and entry to all away games. Pretty decent club if you ask me

Airdrieonians 1-0 Montrose

Speaking of charity, wee dude was an over the turnstile job(which actually means through at the same time as me in a floor to roof turnstile, no mean feat, I can assure you). Cheers for that

First half was no great shakes. Have to say though both teams tried to play decent fitba. Not a lot of lumping. A few balls pinged into the corners for wingers but nothing up to Cosgrove-esque even with Montrose having a 12 foot striker. But nae much of note. But back to the 12ft striker. The plastic pitch takes another victim. Russel McLean went to take a shot, got it away(probably should have scored) then got his studs caught in the turf and you could see his knee buckle. Game held up for 15 mins. Oxygen the lot. His dad was even called over the tannoy

Second half saw a bizarre thing, the referees had changed from yellow to black when Airdrie were in the famous diamond and white and Montrose were in all red. But the keepers were in all black and all navy meaning there was a clash when there wasn't before. Anyway Airdrie were they better team and scored in 46th min. The rain was absolutely hammering down and swirling in and out of the stand which was a bit dreech and sh@t but what did I expect trailing roon Scotland watching lower league fitba.

I reckon Montrose were better on the ball but Airdrie were more streetwise .Seen worse games, seen better but another een ticked off

I think they sought permission to change the name and it was agreed by the SFA.

Pacman1903
04-03-2019, 04:24 PM
I think they sought permission to change the name and it was agreed by the SFA.

Its funny it was the season after Sevco came into existance and claimed all the same

deaconred
25-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Went to Maidstone United v Ebbsfleet on Saturday. Away end. Time-warped back to the 70s. Good crowd. Local derby. Bottles flying. Good pies, nice programme, glorious day, last minute clincher for 2-0 Ebbsfleet. Grreat day.

Pacman1903
26-03-2019, 05:06 AM
Went to Maidstone United v Ebbsfleet on Saturday. Away end. Time-warped back to the 70s. Good crowd. Local derby. Bottles flying. Good pies, nice programme, glorious day, last minute clincher for 2-0 Ebbsfleet. Grreat day.

Nice one. I want to try oot a lower league guffball game. Was thinking about Blyth Spartans as they are relatively close

Fit league are Maidstone and Ebbsfleet these days?

deaconred
26-03-2019, 10:34 AM
They are in the Vanarama National League. Maidstone are looking dead certs for relegation to the National League South, whilst Ebbsfleet are in with a chance of making the (complicated) play-offs for a place in League Two.

Not sure how they work the North/South League thing. How do they ensure the same numbers each year without having - say - Dover in the National League North?

Attendance was apparently 3002 on Saturday with over 700 Ebbsfleet fans making the short journey. Apparently there is not an actual place called Ebbsfleet but there is a railway station. When they went one up, their fans started singing:

One nil to the rail station ..

I liked that.

Pacman1903
26-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Not sure how they work the North/South League thing. How do they ensure the same numbers each year without having - say - Dover in the National League North?

Attendance was apparently 3002 on Saturday with over 700 Ebbsfleet fans making the short journey. Apparently there is not an actual place called Ebbsfleet but there is a railway station. When they went one up, their fans started singing:

Same as the HFL. If Cove go up this year and Albion or Berwick come down then that's an odd number in LFL and HFL. Its when it hypothetically happens over and over again and one league ends up decimated it will become complicated

Ebbsfleet were Gravesend and Northflleet before were they not?

deaconred
26-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Same as the HFL. If Cove go up this year and Albion or Berwick come down then that's an odd number in LFL and HFL. Its when it hypothetically happens over and over again and one league ends up decimated it will become complicated

Ebbsfleet were Gravesend and Northflleet before were they not?

Yes. Went bust? Tried a crowdfunding thing where each £30 investor got a share and a vote in the (day to day) running of the club. Now run along fairly conventional lines. Not really sure tho.

Looked it up. If - after relegation and promotion issues are settled - there is an imbalance in the NLS and NLN, then one of the midlands-based teams has to move division. Last time - apparently - it happened, Worcester City had to change from being a North team to a South team. Great if you are a groundhopper.

Pacman1903
17-04-2019, 09:31 PM

Lochee United 1-3 East Craigie

Fine night for an upset. Cracking night in Dundee. Lochee were 1/7 to win on McBookie. East Craigie are 4th in the second tier and Lochee are flying and unbeaten in the Premier. I expected a one way game but nae the way it went. Maybe because it was league cup LU didnt give a f@ck but they were murder. So disinterested it was poor to watch. The Craigie battered them and deserved a bigger win. They even missed a pen in the second minute. Ive seen Lochee twice this season already and thought they were magic. Far from it tonight. Garry Kenneth on the bench(hes a cracking player at this level). Also noticed there were high numbers in the starting xi. And numbers under 11 were subbed on which suggested it was second string. Deservedly humped none the less

Even in defeat the people connected with Lochee were affa nice. The guy at the gate letting junior in for free and having a conversation with him. The wifey at the tea shack searching high and low for a pin badge(with sucess, meaning im due another couple of pints off my bro). Al mannies having a kick about with junior who took his ball in with him as examples. Fine bunch

Weird ground. Only stand behind the goal. You would think you would build it on the wing. Theres ample room too. Many a puss must have been busted over the years by stray shots

Got us oot the hoos. Also attempting 15 new grounds this trip home. So thats one ticked off(should have Shotts Bon Accord too but my work f@cked that right up. W@nks)

http://i67.tinypic.com/ml342f.jpg

Pacman1903
19-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Ayr United 1-3 Ross County

Game two today in a second country. Dinna think ill manage that again

Somerset is one of those relics ive always wanted to visit. Ticked aff now. I much prefer these places. Only two teams id never seen before aswell Ayr and Edinburgh City. So they are ticked off too

Decent enough game. Canna complain for a complimentary ticket. But it would have been worth it if i had paid. Really niggly off the ball. Nae sure if the cameras caught it. Two different teams. County being direct and brutish, Ayr quick and tried to play fitba. Bruteball won. If Ayr had a striker they would have scored more. Shanklands injury coincides with their arse falling out. The RC forst goal knocked a fair bit of stuffing out of Ayr and the better team won.

To funny things from the night

1-Michael Gardyne booted one of those beaver atmosphere mics and f@cked it. The BBC soumd boy came over to fix it. He turned to me and said "if he does that again, f@cking punch him"

2-Get it right round you Pikey Jute Minks

Few pints in Auchinleck beckon tonight
Did anyone watch. Was RCs first handball?

Pacman1903
01-05-2019, 10:10 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/212eqmf.jpg

Forfar West End 4-4 Tayport

I cant not mention this game as it was first of all one of the best games of football I have ever seen. It was also further meat on the bones to my favourite argument that you dinna need 100m pound players to create good games. On top of that it furthers my love with all things lower league. My love for the Scottish game is at a high(shame my love of my Scottish team is dwindling)I'm just going to blitz Scottish grounds next season, that's my plan. Starting at Sauchie with some beaut off of here

This "groundhopping" malarky is now becoming a bit obsessive and I was questioning my self as to why the f@ck I was going to and East of Scotland Consolation Cup Tie in Forfar on a Wednesday night.

The night started of in the usual Junior way, old boy at the gate letting junior in for free. 100% record at the juniors with that. Then I got a text fae my bro asking for a badge as the one he had was circa 50 year old. So I spoke to a committee member and asked where to get one of the badges he had on his lapel. He said he wasn't sure and asked If I was a collector. I explained about my bros f@cking awesome badge collection, so another couple of old dudes piped up and coaxed him into selling it to me. So for a fiver I literally bought it off his lapel. Good start

The game was entertainment like I have rarely seen. It was great viewing and I don't have enough superlatives for it. To start it was niggly and dirty with some pretty wild challenges. I would be shocked if there were less than 50 fouls in the game. Surprisingly only 4 bookings though. But the way the game panned out rivals any of the best games ive ever watched which included the greatest save I have ever seen. I am not exaggerating when I say this. Tayport went up 1-0 in maybe 10 minutes (I never checked my watch), this was followed quickly by a penalty to West End which was a dive and justice was done when the penalty was a worm burner and easily saved by the Port keeper. Just before HT Forfar equalised and I would say deservedly so. Then for the second half. After the nature of the first half (the dirtiness) I decided to see how many fouls were in the first 15 minutes. The answer was 12 with the 12th resulting in a penalty to Tayport which was despatched. From centre the West End striker spotted the Tayport keeper off his line. Now for the greatest save I have seen. The halfway line lob was attempted but it wasn't floaty it was hit with venom, the ball went over the keeper destined for the equalizer, but no the keeper in truly astounding fashion supermanned horizontally towards his goal and about a yard from the line managed to throw an uppercut at the ball and put it over the bar and out the ground for added effect. I cant describe it and do it justice. the only word I can think that comes close to giving it justice would be superhuman. Unbelievable save. Then to make the save better, from the resulting corner Tayport broke and scored to make it 3-1. Which was caused by sh@te goalkeeping. This causing a near scuffle in the "crowd" when a Tayport supporter basically called the keeper pish,not realising the keepers dad was standing next to him leading to the great shout of "what the f@ck did you say about the goalie, I'm his dad, I'm going to nut you". Brilliant. "but the response was even better "if you canna take you son getting abused for being sh@t then teach him about his f@cking near post". Back on the pitch the fouls rained in and with 9 minutes to go there was a lifeline for Forfar when they score a minky deflected goal, so minky it was probably an OG. This got their tails up and with seconds to go(or so I thought) they were awarded the 3rd penalty of the game which was buried. I was just thinking to myself there was a lot of added time when Tayport broke and scored. I clocked it on 95 minutes. Surely 4-3 FT, so me and Junior started heading for the gate. To top of this spectacle Forfar took centre and went straight up the park and banged in their 4th and the games 8th goal. Incredible due to the fact it was 3-2 Tayport at 90 mins. An absolute epic at Strathmore Park and all for 6 quid. Definitely in the top 5 most entertaining games I have ever seen.

So to answer my question, that's why I headed to an East of Scotland Consolation Cup tie on a Wednesday night