PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Cole

TheProphet
26-01-2017, 02:50 PM
"Kevin Nolan says he'll do his best to make Carlton Cole move happen. If it works for #Notts. Interview on @Notts_TV News from 5.30"

Still only 33 so could be decent but has only played 8 games in 18 months, 4 of which were in America.

Vladpie
26-01-2017, 03:03 PM
May be a bit fragile, especially for this level?

Iremongersrighthand
26-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Always thought CC was a very good player - be great to see him at the Lane.

Bushwacka
26-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Mystic Bushwacka (was a pretty obvious target tbf) http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38181217

As a few have said, you'd hope he still has enough nouse and ability to make a difference at this level, even half-fit. Although that's been said about plenty before who've not cut it.

pravda_plc
26-01-2017, 03:16 PM
May be a bit fragile, especially for this level?

At 6' 3" and 13st 3lbs i'm not sure i'd call him fragile - particularly to his face. What worries me more is that his reported income in 2012 was £782,000. Could we afford him??

countygump
26-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Mystic Bushwacka (was a pretty obvious target tbf) http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38181217

As a few have said, you'd hope he still has enough nouse and ability to make a difference at this level, even half-fit. Although that's been said about plenty before who've not cut it.

Hmmmmmmmm !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3945608/West-Ham-old-boys-Kevin-Nolan-Carlton-Cole-train-Slaven-Bilic-s-men-ahead-trip-Tottenham.html

GranthamPie
26-01-2017, 03:39 PM
from twitter..

Nolan on embargo - "Hoping to give you some more news in the next 48/72 hours" #notts

pjace
26-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Hopefully Nolan has had some free agents training with us all week just in case the embargo gets lifted today or tomorrow maybe Cole is one

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 03:45 PM
from twitter..

Nolan on embargo - "Hoping to give you some more news in the next 48/72 hours" #notts

"Hoping" means we aren't signing any players then. Hardy might as well take the boards off the stands saying "World's Oldest Football League Club"

countygump
26-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Hopefully Nolan has had some free agents training with us all week just in case the embargo gets lifted today or tomorrow maybe Cole is one

Free agents can be signed anytime, wonder if that's our fallback position?

LaughingMagpie
26-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmm !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3945608/West-Ham-old-boys-Kevin-Nolan-Carlton-Cole-train-Slaven-Bilic-s-men-ahead-trip-Tottenham.html

Released by US third tier side Sacramento.....

Doesn't say much but having said that he can't really be any worse than what we have

apieandpint
26-01-2017, 03:51 PM
"Hoping" means we aren't signing any players then. Hardy might as well take the boards off the stands saying "World's Oldest Football League Club"

Hoping doesn't mean that at all.

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Hoping doesn't mean that at all.

Well they are hopeful of news within 72 hours, where the transfer window closes in 96 hours so any slips and they happen regularly means we sign no one. And that means relegation

JoePass
26-01-2017, 03:57 PM

Don't forget your white flag Saturday if you can be bothered to turn up.

pjace
26-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Well they are hopeful of news within 72 hours, where the transfer window closes in 96 hours so any slips and they happen regularly means we sign no one. And that means relegation

We can sign free agents after the window shuts i think provided they have been released before it closes

TheProphet
26-01-2017, 04:02 PM

No it doesn't. Drama Queen.

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 04:07 PM
No it doesn't. Drama Queen.

Drama Queen? You think the sack of crap we call a squad will pick up another win this season?

When Hardy said it'll be sorted soon, I thought he meant before Crawley, I was very very wrong

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
26-01-2017, 04:15 PM
if he signs it's a case of getting 100% out of him..Carlton Cole can be a handful in any league if he can be @rsed.

JoePass
26-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Drama Queen? You think the sack of crap we call a squad will pick up another win this season?

When Hardy said it'll be sorted soon, I thought he meant before Crawley, I was very very wrong

What a surprise.

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 04:21 PM
What a surprise.

So you think that this squad is going to get us out of trouble? I think your dementia is kicking in

apieandpint
26-01-2017, 04:22 PM

If the club put a timescale on these things, posters would say they're being naive or they'll never hit the date/time, if they don't say anything, posters will say they're not doing anything.

Club can't win, posters continue to moan about how right they were.

snipe_pie
26-01-2017, 04:39 PM

I can actually feel the anger spewing out of my phone. You should have typed all in upper case to really make your point !
Calm down & stick the veins back in your neck 🙄

macse15
26-01-2017, 05:29 PM

Drama Queen alert!!

durhampie
26-01-2017, 05:46 PM

I suppose you would sooner have the previous regime running the club. At least AH is making a genuine effort to get the club out of this mess. But there are always plonkers who think otherwise....

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I suppose you would sooner have the previous regime running the club. At least AH is making a genuine effort to get the club out of this mess. But there are always plonkers who think otherwise....

Did I say that? No, AH is making an effort, I'm just saying that without reinforcement, we're down. I think we can all see that

LaxtonLad
26-01-2017, 08:14 PM

You usually are, and wouldn`t you be delighted to be right about our relegation?

I expect AH was unaware of your thoughts or he would have moved quicker, let him know sooner when you next have a thought.

Iwantmypieback
26-01-2017, 08:17 PM
You usually are, and wouldn`t you be delighted to be right about our relegation?

I expect AH was unaware of your thoughts or he would have moved quicker, let him know sooner when you next have a thought.

You think you know me do you? You'd be better off asking your missus chap ;-)

SwalePie
26-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Did I say that? No, AH is making an effort, I'm just saying that without reinforcement, we're down. I think we can all see that

I may be in the minority here but, no, I can't see that just yet at all. Maybe it's 'all' except me?

LaxtonLad
26-01-2017, 08:49 PM

Wierdo.

tarquinbeech
27-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Wierdo.

I think all of our tempers are getting a little bit frayed........I haven't spent this much time on here (in the last 3 years), since Elite and I had a spat and chased each other around on different threads for a month......PLEASE AH, just settle the bills and bring in 2 centre-backs and a decent midfielder.

One of my sheep gave birth this morning and I missed it because I was on here for three hours!!

3 working days and counting.....grrrrrrr

Lullapie
27-01-2017, 12:53 AM

Inbred.

jonnyt1
27-01-2017, 08:45 AM
More like Carton Duffy, Carlton Tootle, Carlton Dickenson, Calrton Hollis, Carlton Campbell, Carlton Hewitt, Carlton Arborah for next season, where they belong. Carlton Town FC

Iwantmypieback
27-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Inbred.

Well I was the meat between tour's and LaxtonLad's missus'

LaxtonLad
27-01-2017, 09:47 AM

"tour`s"?

Vladpie
27-01-2017, 10:45 AM

A thin slice of tongue was it......

Iwantmypieback
27-01-2017, 10:51 AM
A thin slice of tongue was it......

Nothing thin about them two

ArnieBaTS
27-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Cole has replied to the BBC tweet about him saying it isn't true. Disappointing.

Proudpie
27-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Cole has replied to the BBC tweet about him saying it isn't true. Disappointing.

So is Kevin Nolan making these stories up (about talking to him to see if a deal can be done) ?

The usual smoke and mirrors about signings.

Bridg4d_Pie_
27-01-2017, 01:24 PM
So is Kevin Nolan making these stories up (about talking to him to see if a deal can be done) ?

Oh Yea of Little Faith, Time will Tell, You don't judge a Book by looking at the cover alone.

Proudpie
27-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Oh Yea of Little Faith, Time will Tell, You don't judge a Book by looking at the cover alone.

Supporting Notts for 45 years - my faith is indeed very little.

ArnieBaTS
27-01-2017, 01:37 PM

Being so early on in his reign, I can't see why he would lie about this. Maybe Cole isn't interested so used that post to knock back the claims.

Would be fantastic if we did sign him. See what the next few days bring.

countygump
27-01-2017, 01:56 PM

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/carlton-cole-shoots-down-bbc-report

LaughingMagpie
27-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Being so early on in his reign, I can't see why he would lie about this. Maybe Cole isn't interested so used that post to knock back the claims.

Would be fantastic if we did sign him. See what the next few days bring.

To be fair Kevin Nolan never said we were signing him.

He was probably asked by a reporter whether his mate would be joining him and he basically said "he's a good lad, we've been chatting and I need to have a word with him to see if he's interested" The reporter then reports that we are looking to sign him.

ArnieBaTS
27-01-2017, 05:24 PM

He was probably asked by a reporter whether his mate would be joining him and he basically said "he's a good lad, we've been chatting and I need to have a word with him to see if he's interested" The reporter then reports that we are looking to sign him.

Anything to get a story.

Bridg4d_Pie_
27-01-2017, 05:35 PM

Rome was not built in a day, but hey you were not on that job either. 😅😅😅

Vladpie
27-01-2017, 05:38 PM

That's exactly it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38761021

Bridg4d_Pie_
27-01-2017, 05:40 PM

😴😴😴😴😴 Da!, now let me think get yourself a large pot of Savlon for those palm blisters of yours before they fester.

Bridg4d_Pie_
27-01-2017, 05:44 PM
"tour`s"?
Ah, Laxton leave him, he is just to easy, another $troker. 😀

DaveSmithRules
28-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Looks like Carlton might get a return to the Premier League instead...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/striker-hungry-palace-carlton-cole-11248262