PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Christie

Gallus79
27-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Tonight I'm sure we will all join in, in a few rounds of;

"Sheep-shagging b*stard, yer just a sheep-shagging b*stard...."

"Ryan Christie loves the Sheep....Ry-an Christie loves..the..sheep"

;D

Be interesting to see how he affects the team going forward, he's a lively player.

DJR1979
27-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Welcome aboard Ryan, good to see some good Highland blood in the ranks again. Hope the loan works well for us.

quirie89
27-01-2017, 03:53 PM

;D

Be interesting to see how he affects the team going forward, he's a lively player.

Are you a fully grown man? That patter is horrendous

therealsouthstander
27-01-2017, 05:02 PM

Oh the Irony :zzz:

macattack
27-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Nae Surprise he starts on bench tonight let him come on when we are 3 nil up :D

Winston78Snelders
27-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Welcome aboard, hope he plays like he did at ICT, can only hope its a loan with a view to buy and forget about the childish comments. He always looked good in midfield, dare I say it better than Maddison.

Plentying of Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaing when/if he gets on.

MalagaSheep
27-01-2017, 11:20 PM
He played well

Gallus79
28-01-2017, 12:10 AM

Oh dear we have a depressant here everyone.

Looks like the cheery folk of Pittodrie disagreed with you.

NewOrleansRed
28-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Welcome aboard Ryan, good to see some good Highland blood in the ranks again. Hope the loan works well for us.

Ach, nobody likes to see their team bashed by others but he was indeed a kid when he tweeted. Christ, he's still a kid. I have to give him credit, he apologized and on we go. We should all just see how this works out. Squad depth has been an issue in the past. At worst, it helps there. It's not ideal with the loan being a Celtic player but it is what it is. We can't afford to buy the likes of him so here we are. Do well Ryan and this ****ter business will be forgotten.

sonofrgmsdad
28-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Nae Surprise he starts on bench tonight let him come on when we are 3 nil up :D

Would you like to predict today's lottery numbers? :D

EintrachtFrankfurt
28-01-2017, 12:32 PM
I am prepared to give him a chance if he knuckles down and gives his best for AFC, fair is fair.

Pacman1903
17-02-2017, 03:15 PM
His goal v 'well has been put forward for the Puskas award by the press.........................in Brazil

The respected sports newspaper Globo Esporte demanded the goal be considered for the Puskas Award. The award for 'the most aesthetically significant, or most beautiful goal of the year,'

Globo Esporte stated: "The Puskas Award may not be until November, but already we have a serious contender from Scotland's Ryan Christie.

"An incredible first time strike from the Aberdeen player."

Pacman1903
27-02-2017, 07:33 PM
https://s14.postimg.org/mutqzwbul/DSC_1044.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/mutqzwbul/)

We learn on Saturday that Joe Lewis has pants taste in music. Now today we learn that Christie watches films because hes a perv

Br0chred
27-02-2017, 08:25 PM
https://s14.postimg.org/mutqzwbul/DSC_1044.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/mutqzwbul/)

We learn on Saturday that Joe Lewis has pants taste in music. Now today we learn that Christie watches films because hes a perv

Well that makes him really different from the rest of us...

Pacman1903
02-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Says he had to come back when he found out Derek was staying. Sounds like he does want to be part of the club. Good on him

From a gutter rag......................

Ryan Christie admits he held off committing himself to Aberdeen until boss Derek McInnes sorted his Pittodrie future.
The Celtic midfielder spent the second half of last season on loan with the Dons and was invited back as part of the deal which saw Jonny Hayes make a £1.3million switch to Parkhead.

But the 22-year-old was worried by Sunderland's interest in McInnes.

The Wearside outfit wanted the Reds manager to replace David Moyes as they planned a rebuilding project at the Stadium of Light after dropping out of the Premier League.

But worried by the Black Cats' massive £110million debts, the former Bristol City boss turned down a second chance at coaching down south.

Now McInnes has vowed transformation job at Aberdeen following the loss of five key players.

And that was all Christie needed to hear as he immediately agreed to a fresh 12-month loan stint.

He told RedTV: "It came out in the press that I would be coming back but I was still on holiday lying on a beach. I hadn't had a phone call so I didn't know what was going on.

"When I came back things had got into motion but understandably I didn't want to make a decision until I knew the gaffer was staying.

"When the news broke that he was going to stay it was a shock to a lot of people in Scottish football but it's brilliant news.

"Not just for the club, as it is a huge lift, but also for the whole of Scottish football.

"For a few years there it turned out to be that as soon as there was any offer from England, people would jump ship."

"So it's credit to the manager that he has stayed here".

"He called me the next day to say he had made his mind up to stay at Aberdeen and wanted to have me on board.

"As soon as I heard that my mind was made up and I wanted to come back."

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 10:33 AM
He's a Celtic player.

He can get tae f'uck

Pauldolski10
02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
He is also a fantastic player and we should enjoy whilst we can.

GGMDONS
02-07-2017, 11:52 AM
He's a Celtic player.

He can get tae f'uck

Wise up, he is our player for the season & may become permanent next summer

Mason89
02-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Nothing against Christie & he's a really good player but he shouldn't be here

I'd rather watch an Aberdeen player instead

The Trading Sheep
02-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Nothing against Christie & he's a really good player but he shouldn't be here

I'd rather watch an Aberdeen player instead

I agree, we are developing a player for another team.

Naturally hope he does well when here, bit would rather see us add value to our own players instead of another teams

The Trading Sheep
02-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Wise up, he is our player for the season & may become permanent next summer

He is not our player... If he was he would be able to play against Celtic.

Hope he does well here, but like others I would rather see us invest in our own players. He should have been part of the Hayes deal.

87kilos
02-07-2017, 12:30 PM
I agree, we are developing a player for another team.

Naturally hope he does well when here, bit would rather see us add value to our own players instead of another teams

We developed Ryan Jack for another team. Not really any difference.

The Trading Sheep
02-07-2017, 12:45 PM
We developed Ryan Jack for another team. Not really any difference.

:? Massive difference... He was our player, our asset owned by the club. We were not contract bound to play him or not play him in certain games. We could have sold him, assuming he wanted to leave and assuming there was interest in him. He could not be recalled to then play against us. The list really is endless.

87kilos
02-07-2017, 12:56 PM
:? Massive difference... He was our player, our asset owned by the club. We were not contract bound to play him or not play him in certain games. We could have sold him, assuming he wanted to leave and assuming there was interest in him. He could not be recalled to then play against us. The list really is endless.

Not really, we spent thousands on him, stood by him when he was injured and he walked away for free.

Christie we get for nowt, possibly we are picking up a percentage of his wages, we get the benefit of a super player who will enhance our side.

If we didn't take him on loan again someone else would have. Can't ever see him being a Celtic first team regular. Slight possibility he may be interested in joining Aberdeen in the future.

The Trading Sheep
02-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Not really, we spent thousands on him, stood by him when he was injured and he walked away for free.

Christie we get for nowt, possibly we are picking up a percentage of his wages, we get the benefit of a super player who will enhance our side.

If we didn't take him on loan again someone else would have. Can't ever see him being a Celtic first team regular. Slight possibility he may be interested in joining Aberdeen in the future.

You are correct, we did spend thousands on him etc etc, but it is NOT the same.

We may have paid a fee to get Christie on loan AND yes we will definitely be paying part or all of his wages.

He will never be a Celtic first team player, and yes there is a small chance he could sign for Aberdeen, but the fact remains the situation is controlled by Celtic. The have nothing to lose and all to gain. We just have to do as we are told with him....

Imagine we were top of the league at Christmas with a very influential christie in the team (Not going to happen I know) do you not think they would recall him just to weaken us and not even play him? Is that fair on us? Is that fair on the spirit of the game and to the supporters? Is it fair that we are denied playing our strongest 11 against them? All it does it weaken our chances and strengthens theirs. But thats Scottish football for you I guess. A rigged competition before a ball is even kicked.

I do see what you are saying, but its not the same as him being our player, not even close

87kilos
02-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Hopefully we have learned from the Danny Ward situation and Celtic can't recall him. That said as per previous seasons come January IF they need to they will just go out and buy another league title however I fear this possibility is extremely unlikely as once again Celtic will stroll to the title.

I can only see positives in the loan deal. And in the long run it actually costs us less than developing a home grown talent who walks away for nothing.

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
It's cringeworthy.

Going cap in hand to the big boys and asking for a shottie of one of their players.

Pathetic.

neilthedon
02-07-2017, 03:27 PM
It's cringeworthy.

Going cap in hand to the big boys and asking for a shottie of one of their players.

Pathetic.

They shouldn`t be allowed to stop him playing against THEM !!

It`s a tricky one. Developing another teams player . If he gets TOO good. Whoosh back to the Piggery.

But more likely, they go off and sign some other young "star" from europe with a view to selling on to guffyland in a season or two ; While Christie finally realises he can win a cup or two, and paly in Europe every season with the Dons. ( Aye, he`ll never play for Scotland , pf course.....!! )

foreveradon
02-07-2017, 03:33 PM
It's no secret we tried to get him on a perm deal but the tims refused
So although not ideal we know after last season it's a no brainier hes going to settle in and be even more successful for us this season
So why would we not want a player who wants to play for us and I for won I will be cheering everyone of his 15 plus goals I feel he will score for us this season
Plus as already has been said there could be a decent chance we can get him on a perm basis

Ps 15 goals is being very conservative

theram1975
02-07-2017, 04:03 PM
They shouldn`t be allowed to stop him playing against THEM !!

It`s a tricky one. Developing another teams player . If he gets TOO good. Whoosh back to the Piggery.

But more likely, they go off and sign some other young "star" from europe with a view to selling on to guffyland in a season or two ; While Christie finally realises he can win a cup or two, and paly in Europe every season with the Dons. ( Aye, he`ll never play for Scotland , pf course.....!! )

It's an SPFL rule which stops him playing against Celtic.

Although if it wasn't then it's the type of clause you would imagine they would try and insert anyway.

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 04:05 PM
This is just allowing Celtic to sign every promising youngster in the country.

Before you know it, all your children and grandchildren will be supporting Celtic in the super EuroLeague.
Delighted to watch a player that once played a season for the Dons.

Is that what you want? Because loaning players between clubs in the same league is definitely the way to go about it.

rico94
02-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I noticed Celtic are sniffing about John McGinn,probably sign him and loan him out too.

I think that's their plan to get 10 in a row,buy all the best players from Scottish clubs and loan them out to other SPFL teams so they can play against the Huns and not them,it's effectively cheating.

The Trading Sheep
02-07-2017, 04:28 PM
I noticed Celtic are sniffing about John McGinn,probably sign him and loan him out too.

I think that's their plan to get 10 in a row,buy all the best players from Scottish clubs and loan them out to other SPFL teams so they can play against the Huns and not them,it's effectively cheating.

Buy you say? They won't pay top dollar and will profit from the deal, as when you become a celtic player your value suddenly trebles....

I am not surprised in the slightest... Just screwing the game further up here. Its a matter of time before folk chuck it...

Oh, hows those "colts" teams coming along. You won't see me at another SFA game if that happens

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Only a matter of time.

Although if we allow them to do what they are doing with Christie then perhaps there's no need for it.

If they had no intention of playing him then they could have just left him at Inverness.
Perhaps then they wouldn't have been relegated.

The thought that we see ourselves as so inferior we have to borrow one of their players makes me want to puke.

Mason89
02-07-2017, 04:41 PM
First sign of any colt team in the lower leagues (including AFC) I chuck it.

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 05:03 PM
We're a Celtic colt team now.

Pacman1903
02-07-2017, 05:09 PM
First sign of any colt team in the lower leagues (including AFC) I chuck it.

Soon as sevco and the pigs get their colt teams in and nobody else does im chucking it and will spend my time at Harlaw and the Haughs

Pacman1903
02-07-2017, 06:25 PM

Its nae cheating if you can afford it. If sevco tried it i cakk shenanigans but the pigs can do it and probablly will.

I thought they wanted a champions league squad nae a 10 in a row. McGinn and Hayes are nae chump league players

rico94
02-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Its nae cheating if you can afford it. If sevco tried it i cakk shenanigans but the pigs can do it and probablly will.

I thought they wanted a champions league squad nae a 10 in a row. McGinn and Hayes are nae chump league players

I thought the pair of them were obsessed with 10 in a row as if it's something to be proud of.

They will never get a champions league team,they can only get players like either Dembele who will use them as stepping stone to bigger things or Sinclair who isn't quite good enough for top leagues.Unfortunatly these guys are still better than the rest of us can afford.

Pacman1903
02-07-2017, 07:03 PM
I thought the pair of them were obsessed with 10 in a row as if it's something to be proud of.

They will never get a champions league team,they can only get players like either Dembele who will use them as stepping stone to bigger things or Sinclair who isn't quite good enough for top leagues.Unfortunatly these guys are still better than the rest of us can afford.

They can afford to sign players to get them into the groups and get results. They have proved it before, Barcelona and AC Milan spring to mind. That is the holy grail. Playing Barcelona and Bayern etc. Thinking they are still in Europes elite means more than 10 in a row. The pigs are about money and thats how they will get it. But if they sign these players who can do that they will get the groups. We might nae of heard of them but they are better than we can and anyone else can afford. Then they will win 10 in a row also. Thats why Hayes is a surprise and McGinn if true. But i suppose they will be the players fielded v Albion or Annan in the cup and nae v Juventus or Feyenoord.

rico94
02-07-2017, 07:27 PM
They can afford to sign players to get them into the groups and get results. They have proved it before, Barcelona and AC Milan spring to mind. That is the holy grail. Playing Barcelona and Bayern etc. Thinking they are still in Europes elite means more than 10 in a row. The pigs are about money and thats how they will get it. But if they sign these players who can do that they will get the groups. We might nae of heard of them but they are better than we can and anyone else can afford. Then they will win 10 in a row also. Thats why Hayes is a surprise and McGinn if true. But i suppose they will be the players fielded v Albion or Annan in the cup and nae v Juventus or Feyenoord.

I think they want both,like you said Hayes and McGinn as well as Christie aren't champions league players and they could easily buy better from other countries so why are they buying these players from other SPFL teams?

I would say it is to weaken the opposition.

Aldo1983
02-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Yes and what's sad is the players willing to go along with it & sit on the bench for the money - or do they all have the ego to think they'll 'make it'.

Ciftci, GMS, Christie, Allan... Hayes?

I don't believe they signed any of those players to weaken the opposition.

They get them relatively cheap and that's why they sign them.

None of the clubs, including our own are any threat to Celtic.

InversneckieDob
02-07-2017, 07:44 PM
. Thinking they are still in Europes elite means more than 10 in a row.

You know, it really doesn't.

I think you're underestimating how myopic and small minded these neanderthals are.

I'll wager most JJs would take a preliminary round knock out every year if they could be guaranteed getting 10 in a row.

Pacman1903
02-07-2017, 07:44 PM

But what little threat is expunged

rico94
02-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes and what's sad is the players willing to go along with it & sit on the bench for the money - or do they all have the ego to think they'll 'make it'.

They probably do,getting the huge pay rise will also help knowing they can always go back to another club in a couple of years if it doesn't work out.

InversneckieDob
02-07-2017, 07:50 PM

I don't think that's the motivation but it is a by-product.
It's scatter-gun.

I think their thinking is if we sign 4 and for every 3 MacKay-Stevens, Allans or Chrsities we get one Armstrong that'll do.

afc1903mad
02-07-2017, 07:51 PM

It's a tough world out there.
Yes there are many who do not make it but others such as Armstrong that do.
You can't knock anyone for trying to improve and go to better teams.

afc1903mad
02-07-2017, 07:52 PM
It's scatter-gun.

I think their thinking is if we sign 4 and for every 3 MacKay-Stevens, Allans or Chrsities we get one Armstrong that'll do.

Beat me to it.
My thinking too.

InversneckieDob
02-07-2017, 07:53 PM
They probably do,getting the huge pay rise will also help knowing they can always go back to another club in a couple of years if it doesn't work out.

In a nutshell.

If you can get 3 years on a contract at, say, 6-10k a week, if you manage that right it could set you up for your life after fitba.

rico94
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM

In a way none of us are but now sevco are in the league they are using the tactic of signing players and loaning them out to the rest of us incase they ever get close to challenging them for the title.I wouldn't be surprised if every team bar the Huns has a Celtic player on loan in a few years.

Celtic could easily get similar players from different leagues for the same price if they wanted.

Aldo1983
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
It's scatter-gun.

That's what all big clubs do in a way though. We would do it also if we could afford it. Hayes, Shinnie and Tansey were all the stand out players at ICT, likewise McLean at St.Mirren.

InversneckieDob
02-07-2017, 07:57 PM
That's what all big clubs do in a way though. We would do it also if we could afford it. Hayes, Shinnie and Tansey were all the stand out players at ICT, likewise McLean at St.Mirren.

True up to a point, but clubs our size need a far better "hit" rate than they do.

donsdaft
02-07-2017, 08:03 PM
They're not having to sign young prospects just to sit on the bench any more though.

They can buy EVERY young prospect and just loan them out to patsies like us.

The fact that we are complisit in this is sickening.

Send Christie back now and say " no thank you"

Otherwise it's the end for AFC challenging for anything.

Aldo1983
02-07-2017, 08:03 PM
True up to a point, but clubs our size need a far better "hit" rate than they do.

I hate sticking up for Celtic but getting Johnny Hayes for £1.3m was a steal. I often wondered why they hadn't tried it before. He'll be a great player for them unfortunately. An easy purchase.

InversneckieDob
02-07-2017, 08:10 PM
I hate sticking up for Celtic but getting Johnny Hayes for £1.3m was a steal. I often wondered why they hadn't tried it before. He'll be a great player for them unfortunately. An easy purchase.

And he could well be their "1 in 4" but he might not. If you look at our hit rate, we canna pay a fraction of 1.3 mil for a "hit" player, far less a miss.

We can afford to miss on, say, Zola and Storey if we get MacLean, Logan and Shinnie.
60% hit rate when shopping at our level is.....just about OK.
If raselickbyrawaybutbigman can, when shopping bargain basement (by their standards), can call a 20% hit rate a success.

Bridieeater
02-07-2017, 09:30 PM
They're not having to sign young prospects just to sit on the bench any more though.

They can buy EVERY young prospect and just loan them out to patsies like us.

The fact that we are complisit in this is sickening.

Send Christie back now and say " no thank you"

Otherwise it's the end for AFC challenging for anything.

Over reaction of the year award !

Aldo1983
03-07-2017, 04:27 AM
And he could well be their "1 in 4" but he might not. If you look at our hit rate, we canna pay a fraction of 1.3 mil for a "hit" player, far less a miss.

We can afford to miss on, say, Zola and Storey if we get MacLean, Logan and Shinnie.
60% hit rate when shopping at our level is.....just about OK.
If raselickbyrawaybutbigman can, when shopping bargain basement (by their standards), can call a 20% hit rate a success.

He's been an absolute stick out for us over the last few seasons. He's been nominated for player of the year in Scotland the last two seasons I believe. If anyone thinks he'll flop for Celtic then they know nothing about him.

donsdaft
03-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Over reaction of the year award !

Ah well, as long as you're happy trotting down to Pittodrie to support Celtic players.

ragnarok
03-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Ah well, as long as you're happy trotting down to Pittodrie to support Celtic players.

If he does the business for us, I couldn't give a toss. It's the reality of where we are financially. I reckon we could have signed Christie on a permanent basis had we been in a position to offer him similar money to what he's on at Celtic. But we can't.

Our inability to challenge Celtic has f*** all to do with us signing a Celtic player on loan. Inter and AC Milan have been loaning players to each other for years.

Mason89
03-07-2017, 07:18 AM
We were so bad for so long that fans are more likely to accept this in order to keep it going. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to cheer on Tims, rapists etc but finishing second is more important

ragnarok
03-07-2017, 07:32 AM
The only reason I can think of to be sceptical is that we're doing Celtic a favour. If Christie has a brilliant season then Celtic may decide he has a part to play for them. Although I think it's more likely that he'll end up being sold to a mid tier English club.

afc1903mad
03-07-2017, 08:15 AM
The only reason I can think of to be sceptical is that we're doing Celtic a favour. If Christie has a brilliant season then Celtic may decide he has a part to play for them. Although I think it's more likely that he'll end up being sold to a mid tier English club.

Is the English Championship / League 1 leagues really very physical?
Who stands out in those leagues that have the frame / guile of Christie? that would be a better indicator if teams down south would consider Christie.
Take Maddison for example, I don;t think he played for Norwich when he returned there in the winter

Pacman1903
03-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Is the English Championship / League 1 leagues really very physical?
Who stands out in those leagues that have the frame / guile of Christie? that would be a better indicator if teams down south would consider Christie.
Take Maddison for example, I don;t think he played for Norwich when he returned there in the winter

But just signed a contract extension

InversneckieDob
03-07-2017, 10:26 AM
He's been an absolute stick out for us over the last few seasons. He's been nominated for player of the year in Scotland the last two seasons I believe. If anyone thinks he'll flop for Celtic then they know nothing about him.

That wasn't what I was saying, I think Hayes will do well for raselickbyrawaybutbigman, but there's a chance he might not......a chance.

But to them, that's OK.
If he doesn't cut it......meh, move on.
If they get another "hit" from four or five signings they've hit their quota.

But if we spend ANY money on a player, albeit a fraction of 1.3 mil, they need to be a hit.

I suppose what I'm saying is, their punts are 1.3 mil players, our punts are free transfers who take shillings in wages.......and we STILL need to get a drastically better hit rate than raselickbyrawaybutbigman.

InversneckieDob
03-07-2017, 10:39 AM

I think this is the dichotomy.
It sticks in the craw "developing" a raselick player, but it's the new reality.

Unless something drastic happens, we're not winning the league again in my lifetime.
We are competing to win one or both domestic cups, finish high enough in the league to make Europe and then to have a wee bit of a run when we get there.

Christie is a good player, comes across as a bit of a nugget (like his old man) but hey-ho, and provided there's no sneaky recall clause that the JJs cn invoke in a time of crisis, I guess we just need to live with it.....and hope that if we get to a cup semi or final we're nae playing them.

afc1903mad
03-07-2017, 12:38 PM
But just signed a contract extension

Doesn't answer my question.
Who stands out in those leagues that have the frame / guile of Christie?

deaconred
03-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Christie is as talented a player that I've seen at Pittodrie for a very long time.

donsdaft
03-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Aye?

What other Celtic players do you like?

neilthedon
03-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Aye?

Thon boy Hayes looks good. Worth a look ?

deaconred
03-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Aye?

If that's directed at me - none. He's an Aberdeen player this year.

The Trading Sheep
03-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Continuing the theme... Ross County have signed Celtics Jamie Lindsay on loan...

The leagues a farce...

Its turning into the Celtic development league...

donsdaft
03-07-2017, 02:03 PM
The whole thing's a farce.

You know what the weegie press are like, wait until a Celtic player puts the Hun out of some competition.

Deaconred.....he may well be wearing a red shirt but he's a Celtic player

Aldo1983
03-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Folk get awfully upset and angry at the "weegie press" :zzz:

Nobody reads the papers anymore.

medw1311
03-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Ok so Ryan can't play against Celtic which is a bummer but it's a SPFL rule and nothing we can do about it sadly.

But for those saying that no way he should even be here, are you still going to be saying that in the event that he scores the decisive goals that get us through QR3 and QR4 in the Europa League Qualifiers to get us through to the group stages. (Hey a guy can dream!!!)

From what I've read we tried everything we could to get him here on a permanent deal but unfortunately it wasn't to be. But I'd rather have a player of his calibre available for the majority of our games than not.

afc1903mad
03-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Unless something drastic happens, we're not winning the league again in my lifetime.

To have a dose of reality, we have won the league 4 times in our 114 year history.
Three of those was in a golden era for the club between 1980 and 1985.
It always has and will always be, extremely difficult for us to win the league.
No impossible, but extremely difficult unless we see a fundamental change

donsdaft
03-07-2017, 03:17 PM
The only saving grace is that we did try to buy him.

I will take this into account during my nae gaun back / buying a season ticket deliberations.

Mason89
03-07-2017, 03:23 PM
But for those saying that no way he should even be here, are you still going to be saying that in the event that he scores the decisive goals that get us through QR3 and QR4 in the Europa League Qualifiers to get us through to the group stages. (Hey a guy can dream!!!)

He could score a hat trick in the final. He still shouldn't be here

deaconred
03-07-2017, 03:36 PM
The only saving grace is that we did try to buy him.

I will take this into account during my nae gaun back / buying a season ticket deliberations.

I get the "it's a farce" bit. I agree. I also get the "he shouldnae be here" bit. Maybe I don't agree just as much with that - but I understand it. My opinion tho is that if he's playing for Aberdeen - he's an Aberdeen player. Realpolitik.

Buy yer ticket - support the club and moan or dinnae buy it and dinnae moan.

afc1903mad
03-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I get the "it's a farce" bit. I agree. I also get the "he shouldnae be here" bit. Maybe I don't agree just as much with that - but I understand it. My opinion tho is that if he's playing for Aberdeen - he's an Aberdeen player. Realpolitik.

Hear Hear.
but screw that, but your ticket and support the club.

donsdaft
03-07-2017, 05:09 PM

Christ that's a thought.

If you had to buy a season ticket before you were allowed to moan then we would have 50,000 plus season ticket sales every year.

afc1903mad
03-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Christ that's a thought.

If you had to buy a season ticket before you were allowed to moan then we would have 50,000 plus season ticket sales every year.

Christ, if we had that many season ticket holders, we might be able to compete equally for the league

Pacman1903
04-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Nobody reads the papers anymore.

I read two a day min

Aldo1983
04-07-2017, 08:27 AM
I read two a day min

Scotsman with the Sport inside?

Pacman1903
04-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Weekly World News and the Beezer

Pacman1903
21-07-2017, 09:18 AM
He better have a full season clause in his loan contract.

andoplzcumbak
07-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Is he allowed to play the tims this year? Bit of a bummer if not!

Jupiter
07-10-2017, 04:13 PM
No

andoplzcumbak
07-10-2017, 04:14 PM
No

THanks. Bummer!

Pacman1903
07-10-2017, 04:29 PM
THanks. Bummer!

Of course hes not. Thats why loans between teams in the same league should be banned. Its an advantage for the pigs in every game we play bar against them.

andoplzcumbak
07-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Or just don't allow a team to say the player can't play v them.

Pacman1903
07-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Dont think its as easy as that. Especially with c@nt like those f@cks

kkong
08-10-2017, 06:37 PM

It's not part of the loan agreement.

It's part of the SPFL's rules than a loanee cannot play against his permanent team.

https://i.imgur.com/eyM0ike.png

I think the rule is a nonsense, but there you are.

andoplzcumbak
08-10-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm shocked at that! A ridiculous rule that should be dropped right away!

Pacman1903
09-10-2017, 06:06 AM
They should just outlaw the loans

Mason89
09-10-2017, 06:29 AM
It’s ridiculous that you can loan players between clubs in the same league

Pacman1903
09-10-2017, 06:38 AM

This

57vintage
09-10-2017, 08:42 AM

Doubly so when you consider that they are lending a squad player to us whilst paying big coin to Manchester City for the boy they have (I don't have enough interest in the ****ers to check his name, and furthermore I don't care) on loan.

I'm never sure whether to write a stiff letter of complaint to the governing body, or to send another dead rat to a referee.

Mason89
09-10-2017, 08:44 AM
I remember years ago the Blue Albanians signed Derek Ferguson on loan from the Huns, knowing full well they were never going to get him on a permanent deal. He helped them avoid one of their many relegations.

It’s cheating innit?

DonVincenzo (The II)
09-10-2017, 04:16 PM
I think its in there for reasons on Fair Play more than anything else, say for example it was allowed and the loanee deliberately conceded a penalty to benefit the parent club.

tbh i think its essential to be in there, as in this fraudulent league thats bound to happen at some point.
But yeah, just stop the loans in the same league altogether would be better.

Aldo1983
02-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Well done to Christie and well done to the ****ing half-wits that gave him a platform to shine. Always good to see ex players do well. Shame we ****ed about for a year and a half not bothering to look for a creative midfield player ourselves.

redscot
02-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Blame Milne and Mcinnes, a pair of phucking @rseholes.

Mason89
02-12-2018, 06:09 PM

;D

That was interesting right enough.

Jussi
02-12-2018, 06:10 PM
We should never again get into this situation.
However I'm all for loaning out Cosgrove to our nearest rivals, with the proviso that he definitely play against us.

InversneckieDob
02-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Don't be churlish now. I for one bursting with pride at our success in assisting the development of a young Scottish talent. Here's hoping Raselickbyrawaybutbigman continue the process and sell him for mega bucks, after all the game up here needs a strong Sevco and Celtic.

God bless Stuarty Milne.

Shetland Don
02-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Well done to Christie and well done to the ****ing half-wits that gave him a platform to shine. Always good to see ex players do well. Shame we ****ed about for a year and a half not bothering to look for a creative midfield player ourselves.

Rodgers, too, had a dig at AFC in the post-match interview, alluding to Christie having been brought on by his loan spell to us. True, I believe, but he really is an arrogant p****, whose respect I feel is always feigned.

Mason89
02-12-2018, 07:57 PM
I never heard Showbiz Teeth’s interview but why wouldn’t he take the piss? It was absolute lunacy having Christie here.

Our entire club is his bitch

Shetland Don
02-12-2018, 08:02 PM
I never heard Showbiz Teeth’s interview but why wouldn’t he take the piss? It was absolute lunacy having Christie here.

Our entire club is his bitch

In what respect?

Mason89
02-12-2018, 08:04 PM
In every respect.

Onebobbyconnor
02-12-2018, 08:05 PM
The only person in the world who thought taking a celtic player on loan was a good idea was Derek McInnes. I look forward to him developing our own young players in a similar manner.

Mason89
02-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Exactly. He doesn’t seem to have a problem developing players for other clubs, including one who were are meant to be competing with. I know loaning players has become more common throughout the game but to me it’s just f*cking lazy & counter productive

Basingstokered
02-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Derek probably asked if there any chance of Lewis Morgan in January when shaking hands at end of game

Shetland Don
02-12-2018, 08:19 PM
In every respect.

Signing Max Lowe on loan, eg!?

Feck_the_Huns
02-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Jug eared pr1ck should have seen red today, 3 or 4 yellow card challenges.

donsdaft
03-12-2018, 12:21 AM
I said enough about it at the time, even boycotted the games for half a season.

We should NEVER have demeaned ourselves by borrowing a Celtic player.

InversneckieDob
03-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Signing Max Lowe on loan, eg!?
Apparently Lampard was there watching today.

Dunno how Derby are at left back but if they're remotely short he's away back in January.
He was awesome today.

InversneckieDob
03-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Jug eared pr1ck should have seen red today, 3 or 4 yellow card challenges.
He was an arrogant pr1ck at Inverness he's an arrogant pr1ck now ( he was probably an arrogant pr1ck with us but you dinna notice so much).

We must never ever do that again, no matter how short term tempting it us.

Pacman1903
03-12-2018, 05:13 AM
It was absolute lunacy having Christie here.

Absolutley and more people saw it at the time than didn't. Shame our glorious leader fell into the latter

awafaehame
03-12-2018, 09:44 AM
I hated the fact we had him here, then couldn't play him in the games we needed him the most. We could beat Dundee, Partick and Hamilton without him. The games we needed our best players all playing, ie against the pigs, he couldnt play.
We then gave him game time in every other game ahead of our own players, then saw the fruits of it yesterday.

Ridiculous decision that should never be allowed to happen ever again. Not interested in loaning any players from the same division.

Also quite interesting to see a thread start by Gallus79, wonder what happened to him? Any ideas afc1903mad?

afc1903mad
03-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Also quite interesting to see a thread start by Gallus79, wonder what happened to him? Any ideas afc1903mad?

I've no idea.
Speak to Mason89, he keeps banging on about him, or are you Mason, bringing up his paranoia again?

87kilos
03-12-2018, 02:46 PM
It was his celebration that really irked me. A disrespectful horrible wee sod.

thebeachend
03-12-2018, 03:00 PM

*******s. He was lucky to be on the park at the end, but if I scored a cup final goal I'm sure I would let everyone know about it. This hands up sorry nonsense is BS. Hoof it off target if you're genuinely concerned. Modern fitba ****e.

redstarfk
03-12-2018, 03:04 PM

Really ?.....I thought he just ran towards their fans and didn't do anything directed at us. If he'd done anything trying be more respectful of us , it'd probably have come across as patronizing

BogBrush1903
03-12-2018, 03:09 PM
I seem to recall us taking a loan player from a deid club that pre-dates Derek McInnes.

Pacman1903
03-12-2018, 03:13 PM
I seem to recall us taking a loan player from a deid club that pre-dates Derek McInnes.

Andrius Velicka

Basingstokered
03-12-2018, 03:18 PM

That would be the price to get rid of Richard foster as no sane manager would sign him surely !!!

ragnarok
03-12-2018, 11:35 PM
The general consensus on here was that Christie wasn't good enough to warrant us trying to sign him permanently in the summer. It was probably never an option although I suspect his future at Celtic was in the balance. Now with the glorious benefit of hindsight we are responsible for developing a player for Celtic...who apparently wasn't good enough for us when he left. :?

Greg Stewart apparently too fat, slow and sh*te too even though he was one of the best players in the league at Dundee and has been an integral part of a Kilmarnock team firing on all cylinders.

I'm sure there are some unknown talents playing in the Slovenian league who can blow your average Scottish player out of the water. Can anyone name any of them?

Aldo1983
04-12-2018, 06:02 AM
The general consensus on here was that Christie wasn't good enough to warrant us trying to sign him permanently in the summer. It was probably never an option although I suspect his future at Celtic was in the balance. Now with the glorious benefit of hindsight we are responsible for developing a player for Celtic...who apparently wasn't good enough for us when he left. :?

Greg Stewart apparently too fat, slow and sh*te too even though he was one of the best players in the league at Dundee and has been an integral part of a Kilmarnock team firing on all cylinders.

I'm sure there are some unknown talents playing in the Slovenian league who can blow your average Scottish player out of the water. Can anyone name any of them?

So what you are saying is that McInnes can't get a song out of his players? Personally I think that's a cheap dig, neither of the two looked interested and the blame lies mostly with them.

RedStarTorphins
04-12-2018, 06:54 AM

If I was paid as a scout for AFC, then yes, I would name them.

rico94
04-12-2018, 08:36 AM

According to McInnes yesterday we were close to signing him in the summer,kept his squad number for him and everything.

If they managed to sign John McGinn they probably would have sold him but it was another f@ck up in the summer waiting to see if Celtic would sell us a player.

McInnes also said we will be looking to sign an attacking midfielder in January,I hope he is after a striker as well.

Pacman1903
04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
According to McInnes yesterday we were close to signing him in the summer,kept his squad number for him and everything.

If they managed to sign John McGinn they probably would have sold him but it was another f@ck up in the summer waiting to see if Celtic would sell us a player.

McInnes also said we will be looking to sign an attacking midfielder in January,I hope he is after a striker as well.

We could do with two strikers and binning three

Feck_the_Huns
04-12-2018, 10:47 AM

I don't think that was ever the general consensus on here, regarding Christie, ragnarok. One or two pant p1shers on here reckoned he threw in the towel in the latter half of last season, but I think the more measured opinion of him was that he was simply out of form latterly, feck all to do with attitude etc etc.

McInnes was always going to be damned if he was, damned if he wasn't re Christie. Looked like we were pretty close to getting him on a permanent deal in the summer of 2017 as part of the Hayes deal, and then again 6 months ago. And but for a quirk of fate, he might have arrived this Jan, or next summer.

To quote Mark McGhee, sliding doors moment, and all that.

Feck_the_Huns
04-12-2018, 10:50 AM

Quite a few folk said the same in the aftermath of the game on sunday. Me? Didn't upset me in the slightest, he ran towards his own fans. He was never an AFC player anyway, only on loan.

Scott Bain, however, different kettle of fish. Gestured to the AFC fans behind him at the final whistle. I don't recall him getting any gype of us?

Pacman1903
04-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Scott Bain, however, different kettle of fish. Gestured to the AFC fans behind him at the final whistle. I don't recall him getting any gype of us?

Maybe to do with the fact he was just chucked by the club with no warning after thinking there was going to be a new contract on the table. That's what he said in an interview last week anyway. He didn't seem happy how it ended

Aldo1983
04-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Quite a few folk said the same in the aftermath of the game on sunday. Me? Didn't upset me in the slightest, he ran towards his own fans. He was never an AFC player anyway, only on loan.

Scott Bain could walk by me in the street and I wouldn't recognise him. It's galling that he has more chance of winning things than Lewis.

Feck_the_Huns
04-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Maybe to do with the fact he was just chucked by the club with no warning after thinking there was going to be a new contract on the table. That's what he said in an interview last week anyway. He didn't seem happy how it ended

Yeah, aware of that. Should have aimed his gesture to Craig Brown then, or DM, or wheover was the manager when he was binned. Nout to do with us fans.

Red Zone
04-12-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm going to go against the flow here. Christie is having a bit of a purple patch at the moment but if everyone is fit I don't see him as any more than a squad player for celtic. Their aspirations is Champions League and they will recruit accordingly - sorry but don't see Christie at that level. Once Brown/Ntcham are fully fit Christie is back on the bench