PDA

View Full Version : Scottish clubs ranked 25th in Euro rankings!

fittiered
07-02-2017, 10:25 AM
It will be difficult but I think one of Aberdeen, Hearts or St Johnstone have a chance of qualifying to the groups.

Why they are taking advice from the horrible useless fkr of a man called elec Rae I don't know? And don't worry ranjiz, you will not be any help to the cause.

Linky below.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/546955/new-low-for-scotland-as-clubs-face-nightmare-europa-league-start-in-first-qualifying-round-next-season/

AguyIknow
08-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Sad state of affairs that Scotland has slipped so far down the rankings. Clyde SSB were saying last night that between end of season and start of the qualifiers, which each of the Europa teams from Scotland will have to play is only 32 days? That's not much time off at all. It's imperative that the teams in Europe beat the diddy clubs from other countries but some of them play summer football and will be mid-season at that stage. Chicken and egg situation.

And the only difference between 2nd and 3rd is now the cost of a sub-keeper

Taintedice
08-02-2017, 01:31 PM
The huns think their death caused this somehow, do they really need reminding of their last Euro results when their budget was tens of millions :D

54FairAndSquare
08-02-2017, 08:14 PM
It's imperative that the teams in Europe beat the diddy clubs from other countries but some of them play summer football and will be mid-season at that stage.

Good point – maybe it’s time we considered playing summer football in Scotland

Southern Ireland teams have improved since they started doing it.

Last time I made that point I got short shrift. Maybe it will be debated a bit more this time

Airdrieman
08-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Sad state of affairs that Scotland has slipped so far down the rankings. Clyde SSB were saying last night that between end of season and start of the qualifiers, which each of the Europa teams from Scotland will have to play is only 32 days? That's not much time off at all. It's imperative that the teams in Europe beat the diddy clubs from other countries but some of them play summer football and will be mid-season at that stage. Chicken and egg situation.

And the only difference between 2nd and 3rd is now the cost of a sub-keeper

32 days? Don't tell my butler that employed people get 32 days off every summer. :s

Taintedice
08-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Last time I made that point I got short shrift. Maybe it will be debated a bit more this timeOff you go then, you can start the 'debate', or do you just want everyone else to do the thinking part for you.

JackSnakes
08-02-2017, 09:38 PM
32 days? Don't tell my butler that employed people get 32 days off every summer. :s

Ain't that the fkn truth...

AguyIknow
09-02-2017, 09:11 AM

Lads it's a seriously physical employment. Look at other professional sports and they all have an off season of more than a few weeks. Even soccer in most other jurisdictions have much more lengthy lay-offs than a month.

As for Summer Football I think it has pros and cons. Better weather likely to lead to better surfaces and likely better crowds but, depending on when the lay off does come - maybe Dec/Jan/Feb - it could mean that traditional match days like around Christmas and New Year would go, and it would be very unlikely that Scottish teams would be involved in European Fitba after Christmas.

Taintedice
09-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Everyone should have 3 months off over summer and we can all go watch summer fitba, count me in.

Taintedice
09-02-2017, 09:15 PM

Last time I made that point I got short shrift. Maybe it will be debated a bit more this timehello gaylord, what are your views?

Doctor_Death
10-02-2017, 10:51 AM
More back to back post from gaydice, what a sad act :s