PDA

View Full Version : Next season we must have one of the biggest budgets in league 1.

MillerBill
13-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Having received over £5 million pounds at the start of the season through the TV deal we must have have a large chunk of that left.The"big money" deals failed to be finalised, through whatever reason,so we are in a very healthy state.However, without a proper,able and knowledgeable manager, we cannot move forward.TS needs to concentrate on appointing a manager with lower league experience and one who is hungry for success. There are managers, who would jump at the chance to manage a side, at this marvellous stadium.Mistakes have been made,promises have been made and not fulfilled,we have to improve from this and the top management need to acknowledge these failings.With a well laid out plan, to restructure the club we can move forward,there is a massive opportunity here and the next appointment MUST be the right one.We need to be looking NOW so we can prepare for next season.No more last minute blunders.What chance did we have, when Stubbs was put in charge,with no English championship experience and then that badly organised trip to Poland.Let's properly prepare for next season.The type of manager I would like to see is Gareth Ainsworth. He has the qualities we should be looking for.I fear the worst tomorrow against a very good Huddersfield team but I will be there giving my support.Come on Tony,with real financial backing, we can get back on track with the right people in charge.The fans want to see us winning again with a long term plan for the future.

leedsmiller
13-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Receipts don't equate to expenditure.

lbj
13-02-2017, 02:35 PM
What's with that Poland trip ?

With purpose built facilities and isolated from the press - great !

Looked beautiful on the tinternet - if it was cheap then great !

Who's not from YORKSHIRE on this forum!

lbj
13-02-2017, 02:47 PM
PS - I can't let people down so.....

Stubbs played at the highest level and created a team from nothing - to win the Scottish Cup.

His management team included Andy Holden who served Everton for 19 years and John Holden who was Wigans youth development coach.

Don't you think that between them they had noticed the championship existed.

Anyway - Cotterill will be seen with a diguise hanging around the training ground and NYS making preparations to take over after Warnsey hands over the reins - after we're relegated.

jolly_roger
13-02-2017, 06:50 PM
The nearest we will get to a big budget will be if Warne buys a vulture in a cage.

Timbertop
13-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Millerbill.
I am also a big Ainsworth fan. Did you see Peter Beagrie praising him to the rafters on Sky the other night ? Doubt that Mr Stewart and his Technical Committee have heard of him though !!

ashbynick
14-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Of course we will have one of the biggest budgets in League One - most of it will be going on paying Mr Blackstock the equivalent of three league one wages (allegedly).

Monkey46
14-02-2017, 07:48 PM
No comment!!