PDA

View Full Version : We Aberdeen fans have until midnight tonight to support

fittiered
27-02-2017, 10:30 AM
the planning application lodged with Aberdeen City Council and McInnes is demanding their backing. Planning application will be refused or granted by Aberdeen City Council but the supporters have an opportunity until midnight this evening to register backing officially within the corridors of power.

“For our club to have a modern facility to maximise what we can be as a club, it’s important we have a stadium which gives us the chance to do that.

“I think it is important everyone gets behind it, not just for the football side, but also for the community and whole area.

“Having that stadium we can all be proud of and that modern facility for everybody in the community.”

Let's get voting Dons fans and get the stadium we have wanted for years and years and years....

This is from the daily rectum so I will not c and p the linky.

Leopardman1983
27-02-2017, 08:53 PM
the planning application lodged with Aberdeen City Council and McInnes is demanding their backing. Planning application will be refused or granted by Aberdeen City Council but the supporters have an opportunity until midnight this evening to register backing officially within the corridors of power.

“For our club to have a modern facility to maximise what we can be as a club, it’s important we have a stadium which gives us the chance to do that.

“I think it is important everyone gets behind it, not just for the football side, but also for the community and whole area.

“Having that stadium we can all be proud of and that modern facility for everybody in the community.”

Let's get voting Dons fans and get the stadium we have wanted for years and years and years....

This is from the daily rectum so I will not c and p the linky.

Personally - I am happy at pittodrie. And, when Derek moves on to better things (which he will someday) - I still will be. So thanks for the offer mate - but I believe the dons belong in the city ( I think the planning department do to.....).

BorneoRed
28-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Personally - I am happy at pittodrie. And, when Derek moves on to better things (which he will someday) - I still will be. So thanks for the offer mate - but I believe the dons belong in the city ( I think the planning department do to.....).

You obviously haven't read or understand what future Pittodrie has. We all have great memories there, but this move is essential, whether DM is there or not.
Our previous so called councilors are so far behind the times, that it's mind boggling how the city has just stagnated over the years.
We need this stadium as well as the training facilities so much for us to progress.
Do you really want the team to be training at Seaton Park, Balgownie or even the beach. Even Charlie Nicolas moaned about the training facilities when he was with us nearly 30 years ago.

GlezgaRed
28-02-2017, 01:26 AM

I'm with you on that aswell....still can't see why we can't do what Hibs did and rebuild the stadium on the same footprint !?!?

fittiered
28-02-2017, 08:51 AM
I'm with you on that aswell....still can't see why we can't do what Hibs did and rebuild the stadium on the same footprint !?!?

If only GlesgaRed, the city council fkd off that idea many years ago not allowing the modernisation of the main stand so this is a no go and if we don't get approval that's the case where would we be playing Euro football?? Who knows? Nobody wants to move from Pittodrie but there's not much options.

Mason89
28-02-2017, 09:30 AM
I think the whole things a badly handled vanity project. The ground looks shyte & these state of the art training facilities will end up being financial concrete wellies on the club

Pacman1903
28-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Can i just say Easter Road is sh@te and very squeezed in

Edit- im also getting a personal tour of Ashton Gate complete with food and a box for the last game of the season v Birmingham on May 7th(Gratis). Ill report back my findings

Aldo1983
28-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Are the architects local?

Leopardman1983
02-03-2017, 07:45 PM
You obviously haven't read or understand what future Pittodrie has. We all have great memories there, but this move is essential, whether DM is there or not.
Our previous so called councilors are so far behind the times, that it's mind boggling how the city has just stagnated over the years.
We need this stadium as well as the training facilities so much for us to progress.
Do you really want the team to be training at Seaton Park, Balgownie or even the beach. Even Charlie Nicolas moaned about the training facilities when he was with us nearly 30 years ago.

I have no issue with the training facilities being in westhill.

Have you ever asked yourself why there are no training facilities? Who might be responsible in a football club for making that happen ? Why hasn't it happened over the last 20 years? If you really love your club, and your city, mull that one over for a nano - second, then consider the irony of the suggestion that a soulless identikit ""arena", stuck out in the country, will stop Aberdeen from becoming a backwater.

Tarves?

Gallus79
03-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Are the architects local?

They are and for that reason were handed the job, because they have zero experience in this type and scale or bulldog and sadly it shows.

That aside I sincerely hope it sails through planning as it is great for the club and region.

afc1903mad
07-08-2017, 11:50 PM

Kingsford IS in the city. ;)
Time to progress and let the club develop.

NaeMairNeeps
08-08-2017, 01:55 AM
que sera sera ..... (skip) ... our home is Pit-od-ereee. Come see the Northrin lights my boy ... down at Pit-od-ereee ....

Ken fit? ... (excuse my Doric ... excuse my home tongue ... excuse my fitba team!) ... If theres a good reason tae tell folk tae get tae fuick oot o their hooses for a big road (WPBR) ... there's mair cause tae tell folk tae tak a hike cos the fitba team need tae mak a new 'pitchie'
Ah wid (can, and if drawn, micht be chuffed tae ..) mak the case that success o AFC has mair potential in terms o the local economy than a ****in road ... which ... although better than the roads we hae noo, will tak business awa fae the wee roads ... and in the end, will nae mak a blind bit o' difference tae onybody except drivers .....

That semi-rant aside, tell ma ..... fit ither reason, ither than Spewarty Milne sellin the land for profit, is there tae move oor grun oot intae the sticks?

Is it nae cheaper tae issue 'cheers, but get tae ****' payments tae anythin in the wye than it is tae sell and rebuild elsewhere? ....

Tak a look at the Google satellite view ..... ****in tons o space ... which maks ma look instead for the amount o imagination ..... Ah'll leave it there ..... and afore ye hae a go at me, try haein a go at yer imagination ;)

afc1903mad
08-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Tak a look at the Google satellite view ..... ****in tons o space ... which maks ma look instead for the amount o imagination ..... Ah'll leave it there ..... and afore ye hae a go at me, try haein a go at yer imagination ;)

Nae haing a go at ye, but yer clearly living in the past and nae real idea of what the future could bring.

As for looking at google Satellite view, heres a super imposed Pittdrie and mainstand car park super imposed over the same scale Kingsford development

I'm looking forward to your imagination in proposing a similar development on the existing site

Aldo1983
08-08-2017, 11:14 AM
I still haven't heard definitively why we can't redevelop Pittodrie. It doesn't have to be a mega super duper stadium.

afc1903mad
08-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I still haven't heard definitively why we can't redevelop Pittodrie. It doesn't have to be a mega super duper stadium.

I'm not entirely sure.
I believe finances hugely comes into play.

Straight away though, from the image I posted above, there is far more capacity and future options from the area at Kingsford, than trying to shoehorn something into Pittodrie

Mason89
08-08-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty bored of the whole thing. It's clearly amateur hour up there from everyone involved. I can't see it being built anytime soon but on the off chance it does, it'll be sh1t

donsdaft
08-08-2017, 12:45 PM
They can train where they like.
Matches though should be played at the bottom of Merkland Road East.

ObanRed
08-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Nae haing a go at ye, but yer clearly living in the past and nae real idea of what the future could bring.

As for looking at google Satellite view, heres a super imposed Pittdrie and mainstand car park super imposed over the same scale Kingsford development

I'm looking forward to your imagination in proposing a similar development on the existing site

Thats some size o fitba !! going by google maps of course

Aldo1983
08-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Thats some size o fitba !! going by google maps of course

Clearly the satellite took the picture when Mark Reynolds was picking out a run by Maynard.