28-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Put two up front then :rolleyes:

millmoormagic
28-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Fair point PW!!

gwru
28-02-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm paying to watch professional football, it's not a friendly.

I don't want to see players not up to this level. Blackstock he's gone he wouldn't look good in league 2. If I never see him in a Millers shirt again won't be to soon.

leedsmiller
28-02-2017, 06:25 PM
He's not going to change his attitude, he's not going to suddenly start finding the net on a regular basis, we've seen what he has to offer... absolutely nothing. It's time to cut our losses, time to find a way out of this impasse. Get him out of the club, he can't be good for morale, what do other players think seeing him earning twice as much for 10% of the effort (well, ok, 30%). I appreciate the ghost of Danny Schofield still haunts us but let's see some positive action rather than him taking the proverbial for another 30 months.

legs11
28-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Get shut of him warney sooner the better, pay him off tony ... prefer to see jerry yates give him a good few run outs for experience in championship.

Casper64Frank
28-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Get shut of him warney sooner the better, pay him off tony ... prefer to see jerry yates give him a good few run outs for experience in championship.

Good point topsy.

Enigmatic certainly sums him up.

Think we are stuck with him legs11, if so he should be playing alongside Ward and earning his money. If Burton stay in the Championship they may take him on loan next season. :P

Brin
28-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Shame they couldn't take his wage out of Stubbs' severance pay...

Pocket rocket
28-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Formation has nothing to do with it.

If he can't put the effort in without having someone up front with him maybe he should give Revell a call so he can educate him.

dmentor
28-02-2017, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Brin;38450889]Shame they couldn't take his wage out of Stubbs' severance pay...[/Q
The best way to silence your critics,of who i have been one,along with almost everyone on this message board,is to get on the pitch work your damn socks off,and if you can score a goal,Millers fans are notorious for lambasting certain players,only for the players receiving the criticism to get in to a rich vein of form,and all of a sudden,they are the best thing since sliced bread,whether DB is a player who is capable of doing that,only he knows.

Casper64Frank
28-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Formation has nothing to do with it.

If he can't put the effort in without having someone up front with him maybe he should give Revell a call so he can educate him.

He`s not a Revell type of player Pocket, never has been, never will be. Playing in a better quality side he would be fine.
Even Messi would look poor in our team.

Pocket rocket
28-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Fair comment Casper but effort should be a given irrespective of what team he plays in and he doesn't put the effort in.

To me he should be embarrassed but I'm guessing he doesn't care.

Casper64Frank
28-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Fair comment Casper but effort should be a given irrespective of what team he plays in and he doesn't put the effort in.

To me he should be embarrassed but I'm guessing he doesn't care.

He`s not motivated by money, he will have plenty.
He has been a decent striker, not prolific but decent. His best spells were at QPR & Forest. He`s 31 in May so may see out his career with us. You can`t just blame Dexter Blackstock he only signed the contract that was offered.
No idea how to get the best out of him but having him sat on the bench & still getting the money is not going to work.

Perhaps we can con the Blades into a swap deal for Billy Sharp. ;D

millertop
28-02-2017, 08:53 PM
This is why Warney isn't a manager.

I'm Not going to comment to you Pocket on this ;D

Pocket rocket
28-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Agree millertop.

He's not 😜

welovebooth
28-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Or you can go on the side off a good player at this level will stand out more against his team mates who are poor.

If you are good but your team mates are crap you are going to stand out more.

If you are good but your team mates are better you are going to stand out for a different reason (your rubbish)

millertop
28-02-2017, 09:18 PM
when you see what style a player is then sometimes it's understandable, how many fans use to have a go at Derbyshire and wanted him out because they didn't see what type of player he is/was.

Get a manager in who understands this.

welovebooth
28-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Millertop you are wasting your time the best we can hope for is paul Warne is just manager untill the end of the season.

Then we got to pray they don't use the same selection process or same people who selected redfearn or Stubbs.

Yak
28-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Blackstock is simply ****e and lazy end of.

lbj
28-02-2017, 10:56 PM
We do play to his strengths don't we.

Look back at his QPR days and Nottingham and see if you see a subtle difference.

He's older and wiser now and even multi-million pound needs to have the right "service"....never mind....blah...blah....blah

Let's hope we play a system that suits him more in league one - we can't play an an appropriate system in the championship because we'll get torn to bits.

Perhaps we could have played to suit his "style" against the "lesser" teams in the championship once we'd established ourselves - but without the likes of Izzy or a manager of any kind we're screwed arn't we.....

"Go out and play".....is one hell of a team talk....

millavanilla
01-03-2017, 06:08 AM
He`s not a Revell type of player Pocket, never has been, never will be. Playing in a better quality side he would be fine.
Even Messi would look poor in our team.

sorry about this casper but I disagree on both points..theyre hoping blackstock's going to be the answer next season..well we'll see..and can we sign messi please... :P

Casper64Frank
01-03-2017, 06:42 AM
Don't mind you disagreeing milla, that's what a forums all about.
It's all down to service to the front two, play it to his feet he won't be running here there and everywhere like Revell used to do. He won't be the answer next season if they carry on playing the same way as this season. Even " lesser " teams will suss us out quickly.
Danny Ward has hardly scored recently, all down to poor service although he did have a good chance at Brentford but failed to take it.
His value is dropping as every game passes.

It won't be Messi they sign but it could be MESSY if they don't sort recruitment out and be more selective who they sign.

lbj
01-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Wardy 1 / 2 - first 13 games

Wardy 1 / 6 - since....

That speaks volumes if you care to listen but it shows systems affect players.

millertop
01-03-2017, 05:46 PM
We are stuck with him it seems so Warney needs to use him in certain games with 2 up front which will suit his style.

Start on Saturday with an attacking formation, he might get an hat trick ;)

gwru
01-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Blackstock been here nearly 6 months so if he was going to force his way into the side he'd have done it by now. If we want a big bloke up front why not Belaid he looks the most likely of our central defenders. Can Ball play? Then we've got Ajayi, Wood & Ekstrand for Centre back.