PDA

View Full Version : I dont think Warne can stay

Yak
05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
We need a total clear out and a change of mentality at the club.

There is such a losing ethos in the club at the moment that I can't se how he can stay.

When a new manager comes in how is Warne going to be able to fit in to that?

This is why I didn't want him to take the job because when the dust settles and the new manager comes in I can't see how Warne can just go back to doing what he did before.

Before I get loads of stick for blaming him I'm not I just think his position will become untenable.

UTM

sonnymiller
05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Exactly what I think a new manager would be unsettled surely with warne in the background, only way it may work is getting hurst or robins in someone who's played with warne and pollitt who am sure probably get on with them

dmentor
05-03-2017, 03:45 PM
We need a total clear out and a change of mentality at the club.

There is such a losing ethos in the club at the moment that I can't se how he can stay.

When a new manager comes in how is Warne going to be able to fit in to that?

This is why I didn't want him to take the job because when the dust settles and the new manager comes in I can't see how Warne can just go back to doing what he did before.

Before I get loads of stick for blaming him I'm not I just think his position will become untenable.

UTM

No you are calling it about right,hope for PW sake it doesn't happen,but yes i can see that as a big possibility,we definitely need a clear out that is for sure.

mellowmiller
05-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Yes we do need a complete clear out and a restructuring of the club at a number of levels.
Unfortunately that will cost a fair bit of money and we have a chairman who doesn't like spending so it's unlikely to happen.
A bit of fudging at the edges maybe but nothing significant.

Monkey46
05-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Which tends to lean towards Warney being manager next season :O

jolly_roger
05-03-2017, 06:57 PM
I can understand why Warne can stay, he's the cheapest option.

millertop
05-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Total don't agree with Yak whatsoever on this.

There's no reason why Warne can't go back to his day job even when the new manager comes.

the new manager will want his own assistant and maybe another coach but I don't think he would have any problem with Warne who knows the club very well .

What will happen to Hamshaw is more the question seeing that it looks like his old job is being advertised

I'd like to see new faces (that know about football) on the board.

Monkey46
05-03-2017, 09:47 PM
The board are primarily the problem, everything goes through them. Very little of late tbf.

Pocket rocket
05-03-2017, 09:59 PM
I fear Warne will come out bad out of this.

If he stays as Manager it won't end well and if he goes back to the fitness side don't think it will end well.

UTM

Timbertop
05-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Oh come on. Warney wants this job desperately and with Tony Stewart Junior's support he's going to get it! Sod what the supporters think.

lbj
06-03-2017, 08:38 AM
That doesn't sound like "a cunning plan"

This is why:

I think we need someone now that can take us all the way back and back with confidence.

Warnsey has never managed - and definitely not successfully in the championship.

We need someone to pull us up to his level - keeping Warne is a sign of capitulation.

mellowmiller
06-03-2017, 08:55 AM
That doesn't sound like "a cunning plan"

This is why:

I think we need someone now that can take us all the way back and back with confidence.

Warnsey has never managed - and definitely not successfully in the championship.

We need someone to pull us up to his level - keeping Warne is a sign of capitulation.

The capitulation started when Tony Stewart chose not to appoint a proven manager after Kenny Jackett walked away.
The club has become a laughing stock and the chairman has just stood back and allowed our Championship status to fizzle out like a damp squib.
Tony Stewart says he has made mistakes, fair enough, but he hasn't learnt from them and steadfastly refuses to bring anyone onto the board with football knowledge. Consequently the same old mistakes will continue to be made until he accepts that he needs help.

millertop
06-03-2017, 09:08 AM
I fear Warne will come out bad out of this.

If he stays as Manager it won't end well and if he goes back to the fitness side don't think it will end well.

UTM

Manager = bad for Warney

Fitness coach or coach = good for Warney

He knows this and probably can't wait until end of season when it's all over with and he can go back to doing what he's does well.

Warm up against Villa, guess where Warney was...

lbj
06-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Totally agree Mellow - KJ walking was the straw that broke ......etc....

So TS gave PW the job so he could totally rethink his strategy in private while the spotlight is on Warnsey.

Your right - KJ walking was the point where the "capitulation" occurred....on hindsight my point is more serious - if he keeps Warnsey - TS has given up !

Then the post-mortem examination on this season will really start !

Monkey46
06-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Errrrr the capitulation occurred when Evo left ffs. How fkin blind are some people?

Ellis_D
07-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Errrrr the capitulation occurred when Evo left ffs. How fkin blind are some people?

Definitely. That was the beginning of the end for us in the Championship. He took us there and kept us there.

lbj
08-03-2017, 12:36 AM
EVO leaving wasn't a capitulation at all - that was an unexplained incident. But we developed a new battle plan to go forward.

We started this season with a plan 'A' that was another NR "project" - but obviously with AS. That plan really should have been supported for the first window at least - although a "three year project" is a "three year project" !

AS ( and his team ) were good enough to learn the lessons of this season and we'd be far better off now with AS and his team still with us - fighting for survival or planning for next year.

But TS panicked - and I still think anti-social media ( including MM ) is culpable!

But at this stage......TS was still fighting - and wanted KJ to fight for him - he pushed the boat out to get KJ - to attract him to a God awful job but KJ let him down badly !

KJ's resignation was the point of capitulation because it knocked the fight out of TS.

The constraints that AS was working with were not made clear untill later - ( with the 60% of budget already allocated .etc ) But KJ leaving must have broken TS's spirit - and as he knew ......
( and didn't fancy ) the previous applicants - he turned to Warne.

The rest is history....but with all TS has invested and his ambition - he MUST have someone either in post or on a promise for next season.....

That is - if TS has any ambition left ?