PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood £8 million training complex

Timbertop
10-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Second in the league Fleetwood are reaping the rewards of their new state of the art training centre which has enabled them to attract better players. Rosler has also been allowed unhindered to bring in modern training methods and philosophies (see feature in today's Daily Mail). Please take note Mr Stewart !!

mellowmiller
10-03-2017, 10:38 AM
I hear we're going to paint the inside of the disused shipping container and stick some foam rubber on the roof to help those players who keep banging their heads.
Warney has said we can't really afford to upgrade the training facilities so he will only sign sign players who are no taller than Jon Taylor to get round the problem.

PeteWaller
10-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I hear we're going to paint the inside of the disused shipping container and stick some foam rubber on the roof to help those players who keep banging their heads.
Warney has said we can't really afford to upgrade the training facilities so he will only sign sign players who are no taller than Jon Taylor to get round the problem.

I heard that TS had the architects and planners in to the training ground to assess the facilities. TS was keen to respond positively to fans observations that the facilities were a tad archaic.

After a cuppa and shout to his mate Warnes, the decision was made. I have to say, TS showed the sort of decisiveness that some would say has been lacking a little this season.

A Bulldozer arrived within minutes and lifted the roof off the training container.

There you are he said, plenty of room for weights above your head now. I told you I was a man of action ;D

great_fire
10-03-2017, 11:03 AM
They have got a pub and golf course on site though, doubt many other training grounds have that.

Lasterman
10-03-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't think you need to spend £8 Million to get something that would be more than adequate. Current facilities are clearly a joke though.

mellowmiller
10-03-2017, 12:20 PM
They have got a pub and golf course on site though, doubt many other training grounds have that.

Tata owns those not the club.
In fact the club is simply renting the training facilities and doesn't own any of it.

jolly_roger
10-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Yet we bought the site at Brinsworth, but nothing has happened there either.

mellowmiller
10-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Yet we bought the site at Brinsworth, but nothing has happened there either.

There are rumours that planning permission has been granted for houses on the land at Brinsworth.
Don't know if it's true but it does sound plausible.

millavanilla
11-03-2017, 11:46 AM
There are rumours that planning permission has been granted for houses on the land at Brinsworth.
Don't know if it's true but it does sound plausible.

Ive heard the same mellow and I believe it to be true...it was never going to happen that training ground, I get to know a few things now and again..and theyve all turned out to be true..the thing is, first and foremost, tonys a businessman, it wouldnt be in his best interest to come on the radio and tell people that we are not going ahead with it, its better to keep people guessing..