PDA

View Full Version : Millwall

tony260674
12-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Hands up if you feel sorry for Millwall today?

loyalmiller
12-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Hands firmly down here :-)

millertop
12-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Hands firmly down here :-)

Pattylallacks2
13-03-2017, 04:00 PM
They're not exactly singing in the streets in Bermondsey - shame that

mellowmiller
13-03-2017, 04:09 PM
More allegations of racism from their supporters are being investigated.
What a set of charmers they are.

MagyarMiller
13-03-2017, 04:21 PM
More allegations of racism from their supporters are being investigated.

What a set of charmers they are.

I'm surprised if that's all, i imagine they took good numbers yesterday and they always seem to kick off when they go anywhere mob-handed and lose.

Pattylallacks2
13-03-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm surprised if that's all, i imagine they took good numbers yesterday and they always seem to kick off when they go anywhere mob-handed and lose.

To be fair, they are more consistent than that. They kick off, win lose or draw.

sawmiller
13-03-2017, 05:22 PM
I think we have much in common as clubs. Similar size fan base; surrounded by bigger clubs; inward facing siege mentality; hatred of those around us and any 'outsiders'; parochial and enjoy sticking it to more illustrious opposition; trad working class roots; inferiority complex and longing to be bigger/better than we are; fundamental lower league club with odd forays into the upper echelons...

uncomfortable parallels?

dantpen
13-03-2017, 05:23 PM
I hope they get promoted this year, purely because I don't want to play them next season.

Gwyther
13-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Same old, same old....

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/millwall-facing-fa-charge-after-racist-chanting-from-fans-to-tottenham-striker-son-heung-min/ar-AAofh8p?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

tony260674
13-03-2017, 05:46 PM
I think we have much in common as clubs. Similar size fan base; surrounded by bigger clubs; inward facing siege mentality; hatred of those around us and any 'outsiders'; parochial and enjoy sticking it to more illustrious opposition; trad working class roots; inferiority complex and longing to be bigger/better than we are; fundamental lower league club with odd forays into the upper echelons...

uncomfortable parallels?

Not having that Saw. That football club has something unpleasant in its psyche that is shared by a sizeable minority. Every club has a few wrong uns but Millwall is something else. I remember getting there early in Ronnie's second promotion season to see the Rotherham players being spat at by every single Millwall fan that was there, old men, women and young kids.

kentmillerman
13-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Same old, same old....

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/millwall-facing-fa-charge-after-racist-chanting-from-fans-to-tottenham-striker-son-heung-min/ar-AAofh8p?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Lived in Kent and worked round their area for a few years. Absolute sink estate round the stadium with loads of mixed races. Most of our colored friends were ok till I went in the local shops and opened my mouth to reveal a Northern accent. Then I get accused of nicking their jobs from the local idle, unemployed, benefit seeking white man.

Pattylallacks2
13-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Not having that Saw. That football club has something unpleasant in its psyche that is shared by a sizeable minority. Every club has a few wrong uns but Millwall is something else. I remember getting there early in Ronnie's second promotion season to see the Rotherham players being spat at by every single Millwall fan that was there, old men, women and young kids.

I agree Tony. Saw has obviously not spent any considerable time in Bermondsey. There is something deeply rotten around the club and it's supporters.

Monkey46
13-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Should be feckin banned absolute **** hole of a club feck the r8 fans ban the coonts!!

MagyarMiller
13-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Same old, same old....

Quotes from the linked article:

The abuse didn’t affect Son however who responded by scoring a hat-trick to see Spurs comfortably through to the semi-finals, even with the chanting taking place throughout the first half.

Millwall were involved in a similar incident at The Den in 2005 when fans directed the ‘DVD’ chant towards Son’s fellow countryman Seol Ki-Hyeon. He scored the winner for Wolves during that game.

Wouldn't mind having a South Korean playing for us next time we meet them, their abuse seems somewhat counter-productive.

sawmiller
13-03-2017, 09:43 PM

I think you will find that my comparisons mentioned nothing about violence or racism - though we aren't totally innocent, we do have a very small minority at away games that would fare well in a competition to find the missing evolutionary link. Not sure many Millers have spent much time in Bermondsey - I have been there, and yes, it can be intimidating, but I have met and know some decent 'Wall fans as well. However, they sadly get tarred by the violent culture that has unfortunately thrived at that club for a long time. Plenty of clubs though with a hoodie core, just that they stand out because they are a much smaller club than, say, West Ham

millertop
14-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Why are they not having the book thrown at them? Still waiting to see what punishment is handed out from when they played Leicester.

It makes a mockery of the FA when they shout about "kick it out" doesn't it

Pattylallacks2
14-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Why are they not having the book thrown at them? Still waiting to see what punishment is handed out from when they played Leicester.

It makes a mockery of the FA when they shout about "kick it out" doesn't it

To paraphrase what someone once said, "The FA is too old, too white, too male, too out of touch, too cowardly...."