PDA

View Full Version : Stewart says sorry

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
22-03-2017, 02:38 PM
http://bit.ly/2mUgiuN

mellowmiller
22-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Well I've seen TS's words but don't feel any more confident about the future than I did before I read the article.
I can't help feeling that the lack of football knowledge amongst the members of the board and Technical Committee could again prove to be our undoing.
I really hope I'm wrong and that TS's words are not just more hot air this time. UTM.

bogsdollox
22-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Completely agree mellow - this bit worries me "The Millers may consider keeping Warne at the helm and bringing in an experienced No 2."
So that's like the monkey playing the organ and the grinder dancing - this confirms two things to me :-
1 That although TS says he is still ambitious a pairing of this type would be a waste of time and money - can you imagine Warne ,an inexperienced manager whos track record is pathetic at best being advised by an experienced number 2 - in my world I would only have the experienced number 2 FFS ,why would I need Warne(well he could still put the cones out).
Secondly ......im bemused with the statement I forgot what point two was !!

millertop
22-03-2017, 03:21 PM
it should be an experience manager with Warne number 2 if that's what he wants but still we will need to get a permanent fitness coach in.

Cant wait to see what the news will be, either I will be foaming at the mouth or smiling from ear to ear or I might just act normal whatever that is XD

Casper64Frank
22-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Do what I do topsy and take everything at face value and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Warne as manager no thanks.
Warne as assistant to an experienced manager yes.

mellowmiller
22-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Do what I do topsy and take everything at face value and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Warne as manager no thanks.
Warne as assistant to an experienced manager yes.

I don't think Warney, great bloke that he is, should be either the manager or his assistant.
He may have created a good atmosphere in the changing room but his tactics and substitutions have been difficult to fathom on so many occasions.
Also he apparently doesn't have the necessary coaching qualifications in any case.
Let him go back to being fitness coach and maybe he could pick up a few new ideas from Ross Burbeary along the way.

PeteWaller
22-03-2017, 04:20 PM
TS has at least said sorry and takes full responsibility for our shambolic season. Applaud him for that.

Sounds like everything will be centred around youth so most of us get that as a strategy going forward. Like that.

We will have a top 5 budget in L1, so everything is going well so far.

Then he suggests Warney is in the running with 2 or 3 others and that he or they will consider Warney at the helm with an experienced number two at his side. What credible experienced coach would want to play second fiddle to Warney who isn't qualified to manage and since taking over has a very poor record of achievement. Someone correct me but I think it's Played 24, Won 3, Drawn 1 and lost 20. We have picked up 1 point out of a possible 36 in the last 12 games. There has to be a better option than Warney. Has to be kidology from the Showman ;D

lbj
22-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Last time we had "Exciting News" at half time - it was that a £50k lottery tickets has not been found yet - old news at that!

This has to be a good decision !

NR & AS we're both ( potentially ) the answer but we're not given time to start a rebuilding job. The theory of both these appointments were accepted by everyone - within reason...lol But neither was given TIME.

TS would have definitely sacked both City & United manager by now - the time allocated to both NR & AS is the tragedy of our recent history.....and each time these sackings have set us back years.

We are now in the same position but with the only benefit of those that made up the 60% of our budget are out of contract this summer......that's the only light at the end of the tunnel!

If Woods ( and selected others ) get a new contract this summer then at our club the tail is shaking the dogs and something is rotten in the club and we need surgery.....

But Warnsey simply can't do this - a MM consortium would have a better chance than Warnsey and A.N. OTHER....

NO - New stiff broom needed now and a director of football ( a nice option but doubtful )

Casper64Frank
22-03-2017, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38474501]
Also he apparently doesn't have the necessary coaching qualifications in any case.
Let him go back to being fitness coach and maybe he could pick up a few new ideas from Ross Burbeary along the way.[/QUOTE

He's already picked up some fresh ideas from Ross Burbeary.
T.S may be using P.W. as a smokescreen and is about to pull a ' rabbit ' out of the hat, after all he did he did tell some supporters recently that the club were increasing Season Ticket prices next season, however he did have a big grin on his face when he realised some of them were in shock.

Pete, it's a top four budget not top five....just hope they use the budget correctly.

lbj
22-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Just out of interest did anyone else attend the Newcastle match at home that sent me home buzzing - and the refereeing debacle at Huddersfield where we score the perfect counter attacking goal - only to be robbed by the referee!

Those were 2 brilliant performances against two top teams ! ( 2 out of 13 - at the start of the season with a new squad and has beens )

I still refuse to ignore that with Freck's and Kirk missing - bugger all money to spend - 60% of budget paying for old - slow players ( that must now go ) - That AS's tenure was nothing less than acceptable given the constraints placed upon him - not least the late start.

No - Stubbs is being used as a patsy for a planned relegation due to the cost of a realistic championship campaign !

And as PW says - with Warnsey's stat's - how the hell can he be considered.. .

Is it - smoke & mirrors....whatever....
( MM speak - Bullshine )

Brin
22-03-2017, 04:59 PM
So Stewart says sorry and so he should... he's the man at the helm and no one else..., shambolic isn't even a word I would use to describe this seasons events.., try catastrophic!

Right now I've got that off my chest I am still grateful of him not putting the club up for sale and willing to soldier on with hopefully a better planned strategy for next season....lesson learned as they say...

I have to say I've said it's Warnock all along vying for his 8th and swan song title but someone posted that he signed a new 2 year deal with Cardiff.... can anyone expand on this?

Or I fear the alternative being Warne and wait for it....Ronnie has his experienced number two.... that's the crowd pleaser..,,

Please please don't let this be true.....

Come on Tony get this one right for crying out loud....you at least owe us that for a season we ALL need to forget....

millertop
22-03-2017, 05:07 PM
King Ronnie will be seen at NYS tomorrow for the speed awareness course so don't put 2+2 together the get 5 ;)

Yak
22-03-2017, 05:39 PM
The new manager will be a good choice

kentmillerman
22-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Well it will not be Nathan Jones from Luton. Just signed a contract extension.

gwru
22-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Tone do for me. We're nowhere near as bad financially as last time we went down from the Championship + it's a lot harder to compete in there now with parachute payments & rich overseas investors.

New Manager 1st choice Steve Thompson 2nd Phil Brown. Graham Alexander if we could get him yes.

caytonmiller
22-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Just out of interest did anyone else attend the Newcastle match at home that sent me home buzzing - and the refereeing debacle at Huddersfield where we score the perfect counter attacking goal - only to be robbed by the referee!

Those were 2 brilliant performances against two top teams ! ( 2 out of 13 - at the start of the season with a new squad and has beens )

I still refuse to ignore that with Freck's and Kirk missing - bugger all money to spend - 60% of budget paying for old - slow players ( that must now go ) - That AS's tenure was nothing less than acceptable given the constraints placed upon him - not least the late start.

No - Stubbs is being used as a patsy for a planned relegation due to the cost of a realistic championship campaign !

And as PW says - with Warnsey's stat's - how the hell can he be considered.. .

Is it - smoke & mirrors....whatever....
( MM speak - Bullshine )

you keep spouting this 60% of budget was spent on old slow excising players. ive asked before for the proof without you producing it. either let it go or bring the evidence. you know how MM likes to take opinion as fact

mellowmiller
22-03-2017, 06:53 PM

Wishful thinking?

Casper64Frank
22-03-2017, 07:28 PM

King Ronnie will be seen at NYS tomorrow for the speed awareness course so don't put 2+2 together the get 5 ;)

Why would King Ronnie be doing a course on amphetamine's ?

Yak, 50% of fans didn't want King Ronnie back a 2nd time.
Plenty didn't want Steve Evans at our club or appreciate what he achieved, so the next manager will be a good choice for some and not so good for others.

Yak
22-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Pocket is convinced it's a good choice so I'll take his word for it.

Or he could be talking sh@@e

Casper64Frank
22-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Pocket is convinced it's a good choice so I'll take his word for it.

Or he could be talking sh@@e

I bet Pocket never saw Jack Mansell....now he was a good choice.

leedsmiller
22-03-2017, 07:46 PM
A curate's egg comes to mind, some welcome words but undermined by the possibility - and the fear - of Warney being confirmed in post. If he is that would go down as the most bizarre managerial appointment in our history, a reluctant, unqualified fitness coach with one of the worst performance records imaginable. I fail to see on what basis he could even be considered. He shouldn't even be anywhere near TS's famed '60+ candidates' list. But, we don't know the circumstances or where we're at with negotiations so best to leave that one for another day.

lbj
22-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Cayton - again this is a question of asking for proof when the information you seek is published by several posters on MM. The proof that our central defenders are "slow" - go to a match...lol

I quote a old Chelsea report but I've seen milk turn faster than Woods.

caytonmiller
22-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Cayton - again this is a question of asking for proof when the information you seek is published by several posters on MM. The proof that our central defenders are "slow" - go to a match...lol

I quote a old Chelsea report but I've seen milk turn faster than Woods.

the speed is irreverent. where did you get the 60% figure?

lbj
22-03-2017, 11:47 PM
"irreverent" - cucky boy.....wha-yu-wan....

The 60% came from an external thingymagig regarding a newspaper article about the Stubs affair at Rotherham United.

Forget the term but you clicked on it and the clever tinternet took you somewhere to read stuff.....

Some high earners from EVO's player "Multi-buy" days.....but the players are no longer fit for purpose.

Total rebuild now - wished TS had stuck with Stubbs....even if we were going down - he would have learned so much as a coach and manager - now we're acting like toy town !

Brin
23-03-2017, 01:03 AM
"irreverent" - cucky boy.....wha-yu-wan....

The 60% came from an external thingymagig regarding a newspaper article about the Stubs affair at Rotherham United.

Forget the term but you clicked on it and the clever tinternet took you somewhere to read stuff.....

Some high earners from EVO's player "Multi-buy" days.....but the players are no longer fit for purpose.

Total rebuild now - wished TS had stuck with Stubbs....even if we were going down - he would have learned so much as a coach and manager - now we're acting like toy town !

Stubbs can only ever dream of Evans achievements......

lbj
23-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Thanks for that input Mr Evans !

Hey - I love EVO - Almost as much as he does......but to compare 13 weeks to EVO'S tenure is a little silly isn't it.

However - Evo's player purchases at good money have cost us this year without a doubt.....

EVO bought a team a year

You can't do that in the championship - we can't afford it.....so our grip on the championship was getting less each year until this year it caught up with us....

Back to ( not quite ) square one....but we need a good manager !

CTMilller
23-03-2017, 03:13 AM
I suspect (and sincerely hope) that Warne is included as a possible choice purely as a face saving backstop position. TS has presumably planned the timing of his announcement to coincide with the fact that we are formally relegated so absolutely nothing sticks to the new manager regarding the 16/17 season. I'm sure there is a definite name in the box and everything is pretty well finalised. He just needs to be able to say something if the identified candidate has a last minute change of heart

Brin
23-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Thanks for that input Mr Evans !

Hey - I love EVO - Almost as much as he does......but to compare 13 weeks to EVO'S tenure is a little silly isn't it.

However - Evo's player purchases at good money have cost us this year without a doubt.....

EVO bought a team a year

You can't do that in the championship - we can't afford it.....so our grip on the championship was getting less each year until this year it caught up with us....

Back to ( not quite ) square one....but we need a good manager !

Not silly at all..... let's look at the players Stubbs brought in and how they've failed since he left...

Name me one that has pulled up any trees this season shone like a star and truly cemented his right to say 'I deserve to be in the starting 11'

Oh and please don't say no one has played well because it wasn't to Stubbs' way of playing... it was his way of playing that got him the sack!

gwru
23-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Not silly at all..... let's look at the players Stubbs brought in and how they've failed since he left...

Name me one that has pulled up any trees this season shone like a star and truly cemented his right to say 'I deserve to be in the starting 11'

Oh and please don't say no one has played well because it wasn't to Stubbs' way of playing... it was his way of playing that got him the sack!

Vaulks is the only permanent Stubbs signing who deserves to be in the starting 11. Adeyemi & Izzy Brown loans who were good enough. Stubbs put us in this mess. Without the loan window you've got to get it right in the summer. Evans would have been no good without the loan window. That's what got us up & kept us up while he was here.

fivetide
23-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Stubbs loaned half of Celtic reserves when he was at Hibs. A coach yes, a manager still no. Never was, never will be.

caytonmiller
23-03-2017, 12:46 PM
The 60% didn't come from a external link because I read it and I even asked you to confirm the link which you did.
There were no mention of 60% in the article so again you are plucking untruths out of thin air. Pants on fire time eh?

And it's fried rice you plick