PDA

View Full Version : O/T ATT Kerr Avon help me on this please…..

Brin
27-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Just watched an episode of Police Interceptors and I was aghast to see a man of 20+ years of age stopped for allegedly using a fire arm to intimidate a pizza delivery driver…

The gun was frightening real even the cops were shaken by its presence….

Down his leg he had secreted a large quantity of cannabis and his driving was erratic to say the least….

He came out with a super visionary order for the cannabis and a 'conditional discharge' for the firearms offence…

Excuse me but WTF is the legality in our courts of law coming to? He pointed an imitation weapon at a totally innocent person…the gun looked just like a smith and wesson revolver…had he confronted an armed officer he would surly have been shot if he didn't lay it down…

Why are the courts so weak on such a serious offence? I trust you may enlighten me as to why….

Ellis_D
27-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Just watched an episode of Police Interceptors and I was aghast to see a man of 20+ years of age stopped for allegedly using a fire arm to intimidate a pizza delivery driver…

The gun was frightening real even the cops were shaken by its presence….

Down his leg he had secreted a large quantity of cannabis and his driving was erratic to say the least….

He came out with a super visionary order for the cannabis and a 'conditional discharge' for the firearms offence…

Excuse me but WTF is the legality in our courts of law coming to? He pointed an imitation weapon at a totally innocent person…the gun looked just like a smith and wesson revolver…had he confronted an armed officer he would surly have been shot if he didn't lay it down…

Why are the courts so weak on such a serious offence? I trust you may enlighten me as to why….

I watched that too. Baffling.

KerrAvon
28-03-2017, 05:20 AM
It certainly sounds like a very odd sentence for an adult. Thr Firearms Act offence would normally draw a significant sentence. There must have been some very compelling personal mitigation floating about.

I could understand it for a Youth (17 or under), where the courts accept that they do stupid and impulsive things sometimes.

I'm sure that other posters will have a different explanation.

Brin
28-03-2017, 08:06 AM
It certainly sounds like a very odd sentence for an adult. Thr Firearms Act offence would normally draw a significant sentence. There must have been some very compelling personal mitigation floating about.

I could understand it for a Youth (17 or under), where the courts accept that they do stupid and impulsive things sometimes.

I'm sure that other posters will have a different explanation.

Thanks for the reply.....

He must be the luckiest man walking not to be given a custodial sentence...

KerrAvon
28-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Possibly. It may be that there was a marked difference between what he was accused of and what he was convicted of (you used the word allegedly, which suggests that it wasn't necessarily 'cut and dried').

jolly_roger
28-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Why the surprise?

The legal system in the U.K. Is designed to be complex and full of loopholes and rediculous verdicts.

That's how the parasite legal people make the most money.

monty_rhodes
28-03-2017, 02:58 PM
It is worrying that the cops were "shaken" although this proves nothing as to the gun's realism. The boys in blue have a proud track record of fatally shooting a man carrying a table leg and tasering a blind man having mistaken his stick handle for a gun.

kentmillerman
28-03-2017, 05:00 PM
But just think of all the ones they got right monty.

Brin
28-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Possibly. It may be that there was a marked difference between what he was accused of and what he was convicted of (you used the word allegedly, which suggests that it wasn't necessarily 'cut and dried').

Kerr…the mere sight of that large revolver was enough to frighten anyone….whether he did or didn't point it just having it in his possession should have warranted something more than a conditional discharge….

Wonder what the conditions were? 'Young man…don't carry a gun again we won't tolerate it'…….farcical...

KerrAvon
28-03-2017, 07:04 PM
I didn't see the programme and can't comment on the appearance of the gun. It's also not my job to defend the decision of the court. The point I was making is that we don't know exactly what offence he was convicted of - the Firearms Act creates a large number of different options. Was he actually convicted of pointing it at someone? We don't really know. Merely possessing an imitation firearm without more is unlikely to attract a significant sentence.

The only condition that attaches to a conditional discharge is that the offender is not to commit an offence during the period of its operation. If he does, he becomes liable to be sentenced again for the Firearm Act matter as well as the new offence.

kempo
28-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Why are you asking kerravon.

Is he a lawyer?

Are you a lawyer Kerr or do you prefer not to say?

Brin
28-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I feel Kerr is well versed and probably learned in the field…..

I've had my spats with him in the past protecting all and sundry but that's because he has a more balanced view on the law and I must admit I can be a little knew jerk reaction to something when I see bad things happen to decent innocent human beings….

kempo
28-03-2017, 07:17 PM
He is indeed well versed re the law but refuses to say if he is a lawyer which is slightly odd

sota
28-03-2017, 07:58 PM
He is indeed well versed re the law but refuses to say if he is a lawyer which is slightly odd

If Kerr's a lawyer, then I'm a 6' 2" beach bum hung like a horse :-)

jolly_roger
28-03-2017, 08:16 PM
If Kerr's a lawyer, then I'm a 6' 2" beach bum hung like a horse :-)

And I'm a real pirate

Ellis_D
28-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Amazingly enough, I must be the only person on here who actually believes that Kerr is a lawyer and Kempo is a doctor. I can promise you I am far from a gullible person, I don't fall for people's sh!te all the time!

I see no reason why either of them would lie about it, and I believe they both have a good enough knowledge of the fields they work in, far greater than could be satisfied just by using Google or Wikipedia. And I'm not saying all the knowledge they require wouldn't be on Google or Wikipedia, but you often have to know what you are searching for, and they have both given answers in depth enough to satisfy me.

Zilzal
29-03-2017, 12:13 AM
I think it's all a question of strength of character.

For example if someone pointed a gun at gm, authentic or plastic, he would no doubt get down on his knees and grovel, begging the man not to shoot him as he had so much to offer the world. (A likely story!)

On the other hand, CAM that habitual bullet dodger, would look down the barrel of a gun and laugh it off, probably giving the gunman a clip round the ear. Not even looking down the barrel of a cannon would cause CAM any sleepless nights. He's the very embodiment of a real man which is why he's the sheriff of this site and Frog merely his deputy.

CAMiller
29-03-2017, 05:09 AM
I think it's all a question of strength of character.

For example if someone pointed a gun at gm, authentic or plastic, he would no doubt get down on his knees and grovel, begging the man not to shoot him as he had so much to offer the world. (A likely story!)

On the other hand, CAM that habitual bullet dodger, would look down the barrel of a gun and laugh it off, probably giving the gunman a clip round the ear. Not even looking down the barrel of a cannon would cause CAM any sleepless nights. He's the very embodiment of a real man which is why he's the sheriff of this site and Frog merely his deputy.

Too true Zil. Here's the two of us when frog reported for his recent physical exam.

millavanilla
29-03-2017, 05:13 AM
Amazingly enough, I must be the only person on here who actually believes that Kerr is a lawyer and Kempo is a doctor. I can promise you I am far from a gullible person, I don't fall for people's sh!te all the time!

I see no reason why either of them would lie about it, and I believe they both have a good enough knowledge of the fields they work in, far greater than could be satisfied just by using Google or Wikipedia. And I'm not saying all the knowledge they require wouldn't be on Google or Wikipedia, but you often have to know what you are searching for, and they have both given answers in depth enough to satisfy me.

Did you go round to theirs or did they come round to yours ?

rileyev.the.third
29-03-2017, 06:21 AM
A lad who I know got 18 months for pointing a bb gun at staff at Thrybergh Country Park when they told him he couldn't fish there.

Rightly so too, although he didn't have any cannabis on him neither was he driving under the influence. The lad Brin speaks of was very lucky not to get 5 years!!

KerrAvon
29-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Why the surprise?

The legal system in the U.K. Is designed to be complex and full of loopholes and rediculous verdicts.

That's how the parasite legal people make the most money.That's a curious spelling of ridiculous. The only other user who I have seen use it is Grist.

monty_rhodes
29-03-2017, 09:37 AM
That's a curious spelling of ridiculous. The only other user who I have seen use it is Grist.

There's a bloke on Barnsley Mad with your username, Kerr. Can't be you though as you're a Miller and also this bloke has so annoyed people that they have left the site in droves. I do think the brick in the face bit was very OTT however.:O

jolly_roger
29-03-2017, 11:29 AM
That's a curious spelling of ridiculous. The only other user who I have seen use it is Grist.

I will take your word for it. I'm not sad enough to be trawling back through his past messages to check.

Only weird troll type folks do that.

The guy obviously hit a nerve with you at one time or another you seem to be obsessed with him.

Did he also think you were a fake by any chance?

kempo
29-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Well..

You are quite right about myself and due to a major mistake several people on here not only think but know whether I am a doctor or not.

As for Kerr..Until recently I thought he was a lawyer but then he gave a very poor and obviously wrong opinion on defamation......

Also I can see no reason why a lawyer would give so much legal opinion on here yet refuse to answer the simple and reasonable question " are you a lawyer"

Refusing to say that he is a lawyer when he uses a MB as he does would be against his Code Of Practice.

Monty has pointed out and it is true that Kerravon trolls the Barnsley Mad site in much the same way as on here..hardly ever talking football of course.

I may be wrong but on the balance of probabilities Kerravon although knowledgeable re the law is not a lawyer....

He will read this of course and I ask him again to let us know if he is a lawyer or not.

Re google.......It is absolutely impossible to use google and give medical opinion anywhere near the expertise and accuracy that I demonstrate.

It is illegal to impersonate a doctor so I would have to be a dimwit to do that on here so that fact alone should make it obvious that I am.

Kerravon is a troll...trust me..just have a look back on Barnsley Mad and you will be surprised and a little confused when you see kerravon popping up so frequently.

millmoormagic
29-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Well..

It is illegal to impersonate a doctor so I would have to be a dimwit to do that on here so that fact alone should make it obvious that I am.

:D:D

gm_gm
29-03-2017, 12:54 PM
:D:D

LOL...I also thought the same :O

May be worth a quick edit Kempo

Brin
29-03-2017, 01:11 PM
LOL...I also thought the same :O

May be worth a quick edit Kempo

😄😄😄😄😄 Some of you are as sharp as knives on here.... had to smile myself at the wording....

Come on Kempo..... must try harder Fella..

kempo
29-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Re reading it...I had to laugh my self!

KerrAvon
29-03-2017, 07:31 PM
I will take your word for it. I'm not sad enough to be trawling back through his past messages to check.

Only weird troll type folks do that.

The guy obviously hit a nerve with you at one time or another you seem to be obsessed with him.

Did he also think you were a fake by any chance?I was merely making an observation about the unusual spelling mistake.

I think he is a bit obsessed with you. In the old days when this site had a ‘like button’, he’d wait for a couple of weeks after threads had slipped off the front page and then log on to blanket like your posts. And that was when he wasn’t posting a lot. Weird!

kempo
29-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Good evening Kerr..

Are you a lawyer?

Tic Toc as Kerr hides away

KerrAvon
29-03-2017, 07:36 PM
As for Kerr..Until recently I thought he was a lawyer but then he gave a very poor and obviously wrong opinion on defamation......

I’m guessing you referring to this thread? http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38187664

I wrote:
I don't agree that comments about your former occupation would be libellous. Since the passage of the Defamation Act 2013, it has been necessary to show 'serious harm to the reputation of the claimant' to succeed in a defamation claim.

With all due respect, anyone defending a defamation action against you for anything posted on here would need to do little more than invite the court to look at your own behaviour, which is probably far more damaging to your reputation than any comment by another poster.

I've looked at it again and stand by it. Proof of defamation now needs proof of serious harm - see section 1 of the Defamation Act 2013:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/26/section/1/enacted

I can only assume that you misunderstood my comment about how that might relate to your circumstances. I was saying that it would be pretty much impossible to cause serious harm to your reputation on here given the nature of the kempo persona that you have created. It’s very difficult to cause serious harm to something that is already in tatters.

kempo
29-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Yes I understand fully your incorrect opinion but can you tell us if you are a lawyer or not?

It's a fair enough question do you not think?..( prosecutor speak I believe!)?..but you wouldn't know!

jolly_roger
29-03-2017, 08:26 PM
I was merely making an observation about the unusual spelling mistake.

I think he is a bit obsessed with you. In the old days when this site had a ‘like button’, he’d wait for a couple of weeks after threads had slipped off the front page and then log on to blanket like your posts. And that was when he wasn’t posting a lot. Weird!

What's weird is that you "know" these things........spooky or what?

You need therapy.

Pick a registered therapist though, not a pretend one.

KerrAvon
29-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Not really weird, jolly. An odd spelling like 'rediculous' sticks in the mind and then it's simply a matter of popping it into the search box at the top right of the page to check the position out.

As for the liking thing, I noticed that when trying to find a post that I had seen some weeks before. I came across some pages where grist and another poster - mightiest_troll - who stopped posting before you appeared, had logged on and just liked every one of your posts. It was so strange that it was hard for it not to stick in the mind - they were 'liking' everything that you posted - even fairly mundane posts.

I hope I haven't disappointed you. I know that you were very proud of your likes. I remember when you started the thread to celebrate your thousandth one.

That's good advice on the therapist. Always pick a genuine one.

kempo
29-03-2017, 09:23 PM
But

Are you a lawyer Kerr.

I will give you some help....Yes or No.....It's one of those.

You give opinion on law on here so not unreasonably I ask you to tell us all if you are a lawyer.

You will be aware if you are indeed a lawyer that you should declare the fact.

Brin
29-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Well this threads gone for a burton and is more akin to a shoot out at the OK Corral...

Ellis_D
29-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Did you go round to theirs or did they come round to yours ?

I had them round to my gaff. I've got all the gear here.

Ellis_D
29-03-2017, 10:44 PM
What's weird is that you "know" these things........spooky or what?

You need therapy.

Pick a registered therapist though, not a pretend one.

Let's be completely honest here - it is very weird that you know something like this Kerr. In fact, for you to know that Grist would log in and like loads of Jolly's posts days/weeks after the thread was last posted upon, leads me to the conclusion that you must actually be Grist. How on earth would you know something like that otherwise?!

Ellis_D
29-03-2017, 10:47 PM
But

Are you a lawyer Kerr.

I will give you some help....Yes or No.....It's one of those.

You give opinion on law on here so not unreasonably I ask you to tell us all if you are a lawyer.

You will be aware if you are indeed a lawyer that you should declare the fact.

I wonder what will happen first? Will Kerr finally answer this question? Or will Kempo die never knowing the answer. Find out on the next edition of MillersMad.

CAMiller
29-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Me and Deputy Frawg are on the case XD

KerrAvon
30-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Well this threads gone for a burton and is more akin to a shoot out at the OK Corral...Who gets to play Doc Holliday, the gambler and consumptive former dentist?

I can't believe that you didn't know that this thread would end badly. My frothy mouthed friends on here were never going to react well to someone asking for my opinion.

kempo
30-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Kerr has had a nerve Hit by someone.

Acido
31-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Who gets to play Doc Holliday, the gambler and consumptive former dentist?

Ahh Doc Holliday, this was definitely one of Val Kilmer's best character roles in the film Tombstone. ;)

KerrAvon
31-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Played by Kirk Douglas in Gunfight at the OK Corral.

Acido
31-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Played by Kirk Douglas in Gunfight at the OK Corral.

I know that, alongside Burty Lancaster of course.
Like I said though I do think its one of Val Kilmer's best performances (as Holliday), in Tombstone.

KerrAvon
31-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Of course you did, Acido.

Acido
31-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Am I talking to you Mr/Mississ Kerr here, or am I talking to yet another Judge Rinder wannabe ? :zzz:
The 'jury' is still out!

KerrAvon
01-04-2017, 06:20 AM
I hope your hangover isn't too bad.

kempo
01-04-2017, 07:45 AM
I hope your hangover isn't too bad.

Pleasant to a fault!

Monkey46
01-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Fecking love it better than talking about Millers hehehehehe, proper soap op pmsl, whats coming next? got me hooked nar!!;D

Brin
01-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Fecking love it better than talking about Millers hehehehehe, proper soap op pmsl, whats coming next? got me hooked nar!!;D

As the creator of the thread I hold the TV rights.. getting a little messy but makes good reading ....

Acido
01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
What hangover Kerr ? (what exactly did I post or ask you to suggest I was pi*ssed ?) :O

And Brin if this board ever did become a TV show, then who should we get to play the Judge Rinder wannabe ? ;)

sota
01-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Acido, Kerr has issues mate, don't worry about him.