PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell and Hamilton fire blanks

Footymad
05-04-2017, 09:33 PM
The great derby fizzled out without a goal as Motherwell and Hamilton battled under the Fir Park floodlights. The home side were the more aggressive but stout defence from the visitors held firm. - External Link (http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/motherwell_and_hamilton_fire_blanks_906277/index.shtml)

sieb1886
05-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Where to start?
Ok, first 20 mins we're out like a hoose on fire; pressing, chasing and looking the much livelier. After that ...? Then they come out 2nd half and look much the better team for a while - they lose a man and we still don't capitalise for the remaining 20 mins. Not good enough. Now fearing the worst >:(

texaco cup
05-04-2017, 11:08 PM
They say one man doesn't make a team,well we surely missed Moult tonight,there was no movement up front giving our midfield no chance of making a telling pass.Which ended up with us employing Accies tactics of firing high and aimless balls into the opponents area all to no avail.Just hope we don't have to play Accies on their excuse of a pitch on the last day of the season needing a victory to stay up.��

steviex
05-04-2017, 11:49 PM
utterly desperate performance against a rank rotten team, we are going one place we are incapable of beating teams cant see where any win is coming from.

Handsome_Devil
06-04-2017, 08:37 AM
They say one man doesn't make a team,well we surely missed Moult tonight,there was no movement up front giving our midfield no chance of making a telling pass.Which ended up with us employing Accies tactics of firing high and aimless balls into the opponents area all to no avail.Just hope we don't have to play Accies on their excuse of a pitch on the last day of the season needing a victory to stay up.��

I've said for a while that even with our many issues, I thought a team with Moult and McDonald up top was unlikely to go down...last night probably highlighted that as useful as Skippy is, our hopes lie with Moult.

If he's fit and available, I think we might squeak it to stay up. If he's out - or playing while unfit - there's absolutely nothing to choose between ourselves and the other pair at the bottom.