PDA

View Full Version : Chalky

gaz1959
09-04-2017, 12:19 PM
One clever parrot

https://youtu.be/APTNv4jWSBY

alfinyalcabo
09-04-2017, 02:36 PM
"The Parrot has a vocabulary of more than 200 words"... That's at least a hundred more than Tricky and Dave have put together .. :D

trickydick
09-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't mess with David and me Alf or you will sleep with the fishes !!
They used to have a parrot or kind of parrot bird at Crystal Palace park (David may have seen it) few years back and it repeated one word only what you said to it/
I said "W@nker" and in return it called me a "W@nker" back.
Very smart bird lol.

chalkyncfc61
09-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Thanks,i enjoyed that gaz,I never get bored with watching parrots,I've had a love of them for as long as I can remember,not only do they mimic your words but they also know what they mean,its interesting that even in the wild some parrots will mimic sounds like car alarms or other animals so its obviously something that they enjoy,that's Coco my sulphur crested cockatoo in the corner who is currently in my bad books much to his glee

gaz1959
09-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Thanks,i enjoyed that gaz,I never get bored with watching parrots,I've had a love of them for as long as I can remember,not only do they mimic your words but they also know what they mean,its interesting that even in the wild some parrots will mimic sounds like car alarms or other animals so its obviously something that they enjoy,that's Coco my sulphur crested cockatoo in the corner who is currently in my bad books much to his glee

Yes they do seem highly intelligent Chalky. I would like one but I fear they live for 80 yrs so if I ever do it will be one of mature years.

With all the science around DNA and micro surgery I do wonder what would happen if you wired up a human brain with a parrots brain. I'm sure it could be interwesting results

alfinyalcabo
12-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Yes they do seem highly intelligent Chalky. I would like one but I fear they live for 80 yrs so if I ever do it will be one of mature years.

With all the science around DNA and micro surgery I do wonder what would happen if you wired up a human brain with a parrots brain. I'm sure it could be interwesting results

you would get a parrot called Chalky that said repeatedly " **** off Chalky"

Rab_The_Ger
12-04-2017, 04:23 PM
This is brilliant. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQuDyuQFKE

chalkyncfc61
12-04-2017, 08:09 PM
You can't beat a parrot dancing to cheer you up Rab