PDA

View Full Version : Deid(ex Hun edition)

Pacman1903
21-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Ugo Ehiogu

Heart attack

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39664839

andoplzcumbak
21-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Thats awful, seemed a nice type. I'll be 44 this November, should have at least another 30 40 years ahead of him!

Do sports pros put their hearts under too much strain or is it usually an underlying condition with these cases? It gives me pause for thought as I put my heart under a lot of strain with run and cycle training..

Pacman1903
21-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Tragic for someone to lose their life at such a young age.

Im 33 and will live my life to the full. When your times up, its up

As Warren Zevon said as he was dying. "Enjoy every sandwich"

GASC1980
21-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Puts things in perspective a bitty. I'm 51 and have never been as fit as he would have been. Nae idea with the lifestyle I have and live how i've reached this age. Did he nae score an overhead kick in an infirm game once?

sheepcrooky
21-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Always seemed a nice guy and also a fitness fanatic. Sometimes these guys are like thoroughbred race horses and they are so finely tuned, a little setback can have tragic consequences.

Played for my other team (Leeds) and therefore have nothing but respect for him. Also seem to remember in the days I was in fantasy football leagues, I often had him in my side as he scored a few goals from defence.

@GASC, I am also 51 and have led a lifestyle that is not the best. You never know what is round the corner. Always make sure you tell people you cherish that you do actually cherish them as one day, suddenly, you might not be able to.

RIP Ehiogu

Jupiter
21-04-2017, 05:19 PM
There seems to be a lot of footballers dying young these days, something fishy must be going on.

afc1903mad
18-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Fernando Ricksen: Ex-Rangers player dies aged 43 after motor neurone disease battle (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49740638)

Aldo1983
18-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Good thread searching there.

RedStarTorphins
18-09-2019, 11:31 AM
the bloke was a c**t as a player.
He was a total ned off the park.

HOWEVER, the disease he suffered as a young man, leaving behind a wife and young daughter is horrendous.
At least he is at peace now.

afc1903mad
18-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Good thread searching there.

It's a facility on the forum and it's nae hard to use.
Could be easier, but hey ho

the bloke was a c**t as a player.
He was a total ned off the park.

HOWEVER, the disease he suffered as a young man, leaving behind a wife and young daughter is horrendous.
At least he is at peace now.

Absolutely, absolutely hated Ricksen the player but I would not want anyone to suffer this disease and the impact on young family it would have caused.
Hopefully they can grieve and move on now.

BogBrush1903
18-09-2019, 11:55 AM
I'll separate the man that I remember from the early 2000's and the motor neuron sufferer that lay trapped in his dying body, and say that I have nothing but the upmost sympathy for the man and his family. I'm relieved for both that his plight is now over and hope he RIP...

pieandbovrilman
18-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Yip, horrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone, a horrendous ordeal for him and for his family to watch .....
RIP

donsdaft
18-09-2019, 01:19 PM
He was a total arsehole.

The_Moog
18-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Hated Ricksen the player & man - deplorable scumbag hun.

Didnt deserve that though. Horrible way to go.

I'd have been off to Dignitas a long time ago if that - god forbid - happened to me...

RedStarTorphins
18-09-2019, 01:51 PM
He was a total arsehole.

XD

its_a_goal
18-09-2019, 01:55 PM
I know a few people who have or have had Motor Neurone and it is a horrible, debilitating disease. Tragic for someone so young and tragic considering he has a young daughter. Very, very sad.

The_Moog
18-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Hello (or should that be Hello, Hello) to the 60 odd "guests" on the forum just now.

Word to the wise - you're nae going to find anything to get offended or outraged about here today so off you pop back to "Follow, Follow", "Rangers Media" & the Daily Ranger sports desk (delete as appropriate), there's a good bunch of chaps.

You all let your team die, by the way...

RedStarTorphins
18-09-2019, 02:19 PM
As said above, for "guests" on the forum....

Horrendous what happened to Fernando Ricksen - RIP...

But....F**K the Daily Record.
F**k Gary Ralston, Scott McDermott & Gavin Berry of the Daily Record. H*n b@stards the lot of you.

F**k any Sun journalists interloping on here.

F**k any h*n b@stards from Swallow Swallow that may be looking in too.

You club were sold for a quid.
You stood back, walked away and watch "Rangers" die.
You're not "Rangers" anymore.

F**k off.

donsdaft
18-09-2019, 02:45 PM
We all have to die.
None of us would choose to die that way
None of us would wish it on anyone else.

No Aberdeen fan gave him Motor Neurone disease so f'uck off weegies and find somebody else to pick on.

InversneckieDob
18-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Echo what's been said.
Absolute toilet of a man but naebody deserves to go that young and in that fashion.
Hideous disease, MND.

RIP

InversneckieDob
18-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Hello (or should that be Hello, Hello) to the 60 odd "guests" on the forum just now.

Word to the wise - you're nae going to find anything to get offended or outraged about here today so off you pop back to "Follow, Follow", "Rangers Media" & the Daily Ranger sports desk (delete as appropriate), there's a good bunch of chaps.

You all let your team die, by the way...
Aye, journalistic standards have never been higher..........

Aldo1983
18-09-2019, 06:13 PM
It's a sign of how ****ed up people are that one of the first things they'd do is look for something to feel outraged at.

It's up there with people passing on their condolences and staying what team they support.

**** off.

Devanha Red
18-09-2019, 06:26 PM
I'd like to take the opportunity to extend my sympathy to the Aberdeen supporters that died today.

Because they didn't kick a ball about and earn a fortune nobody seems to care.

I do and I'm sure many more of my fellow reds will too 🆎

Mason89
18-09-2019, 07:02 PM
You know what’s weird? The amount of Celtic fans on social media that went through their Jay Beatty photo collection today, just to post one of him & Ricksen.

Anyway, a shame for him & his family. A friend of mine died from MND & another has DMD. You can’t even begin to imagine the difficulties they face on a daily basis, always with optimism & a cheery disposition.

I absolutely run riot at the annual DMD Charity sports quiz.

Devanha Red
18-09-2019, 07:27 PM
You know what’s weird? The amount of Celtic fans on social media that went through their Jay Beatty photo collection today, just to post one of him & Ricksen.

I absolutely run riot at the annual DMD Charity sports quiz.

1) The modern trend towards collective and public mourning for 'celebrities' is sickening. That tart Diane Spencer kicked it all off. Or rather her murder did.

2) Every cloud min.