PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket renewals

Pages : [1] 2

offshore_arab83
27-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Seen a few 'letters' posted on facebook today about season ticket renewals and mixed reactions and mixed opinions so a wee poll to see what the general consensus on here is. This is just for fun dont want this turning into a car crash, just a vote to say if you are renewing or not or undecided, i know some guys will crumble and buy them (i hope they will or i'll be sitting on my jack lol)

Votes at the top please folks, mobile/app users, you'll need to switch to desktop as it doesnt work on safari or chrome, nae idea aboot Android...

Scuggy
27-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Renewed, picking up on Saturday. :)

dundeeunitedfc83
27-04-2017, 11:11 AM
100%

weedude83
27-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Yep!

TerryTheTerror
27-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Ofe! :)

GFLower
27-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Yes tomorrow, :heart: DUFC...its in the blood.

shedka
27-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Probably better to post your vote as funsters can easily vote in the poll

Yes for me anyway, renewing before end of this month

USArab
27-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Seen a few 'letters' posted on facebook today about season ticket renewals and mixed reactions and mixed opinions so a wee poll to see what the general consensus on here is. This is just for fun dont want this turning into a car crash, just a vote to say if you are renewing or not or undecided, i know some guys will crumble and buy them (i hope they will or i'll be sitting on my jack lol)

Votes at the top please folks, mobile/app users, you'll need to switch to desktop as it doesnt work on safari or chrome, nae idea aboot Android...

Impossible for me to vote on this because I'm overseas and unable to see United regularly. When I lived in the area I always bought a season ticket no matter what was happening on and off the field. If I'd been around right now then I would still buy one.

TangerineDream
27-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Getting our groups this aft or tomorrow.

Whitfieldarab
27-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Hell ye.

offshore_arab83
27-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Probably better to post your vote as funsters can easily vote in the poll

Yes for me anyway, renewing before end of this month

why on earth would they vote on this :? your obsessed with them shedka...

jjaflup22
27-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Yes, they arrived yesterday. On Android so don't know how to vote.

one team in city
27-04-2017, 02:55 PM
got mine united till i die ftd:D

shedka
27-04-2017, 03:11 PM
They are obsessed with coming on here so wouldn't be a big surprise for a couple of them voting no, replying straw poll style gives more accuracy

I'm only as obsessed with our main rivals as they have always been with us, that's football for you!

Wullie
27-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Option 4

shedboy71
27-04-2017, 04:04 PM
why on earth would they vote on this :? your obsessed with them shedka...

do mods get to see the votes and details?

ahlltanyirhide
27-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Yes, it was never in question and getting the grandson his first season ticket too :D

Charlie arab
27-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Yep me and young lad renewing

eldorado49550
27-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Natch!!:)

offshore_arab83
27-04-2017, 06:40 PM
do mods get to see the votes and details?

Nah, we just see figures same as you guys M

Shed69
27-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I will be renewing mine my younger daughter will be renewing hers and we will renew between us her older daughter and two grandsons tickets
All proud to Arabs

Shed69
27-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Whoops proud to be Arabs sorry about the typo

arab_plumber
27-04-2017, 08:20 PM
No

GUNBOAT
27-04-2017, 10:50 PM
So far nearly everyone is renewing bar the Plumber and the Dees!. :P

RogerTheAlien
27-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Undecided just now, a bit ****ed off with everything at United just now. If we go up I'll renew If not I'm just gonna go back to playing Saturday Football. Dumbarton and Ayr at home In the winter Is enough after 1 season and I'll just pick my games. I love the shed but since we sold Amo and GMS It's been like a chore going to see the team I love sadly and not fun.

TerryTheTerror
28-04-2017, 06:02 AM
So far nearly everyone is renewing bar the Plumber and the Dees!. :P

I didn't think plumber had one this season so, technically, he can't renew anyway. :)

SmedDUm
28-04-2017, 06:28 AM
I didn't think plumber had one this season so, technically, he can't renew anyway. :)

The blunt 'No' in post #23 implies he does have one.
So come on Plumb, you say you won't but do you or don't?

GUNBOAT
28-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Imagine if the Odeon said, give us a few hundred pounds and we will let you in to watch 18 ****ey film's or even better 19 B movies in the higher division IF we get there?.Most punters would tell them to GTF,it is truly amazing what football supporters will put up with eh?.

SmedDUm
28-04-2017, 07:18 AM
I will be renewing mine my younger daughter will be renewing hers and we will renew between us her older daughter and two grandsons tickets
All proud to Arabs

Then I salute you Shed69.
Indefatigably.
You, are what it means.

offshore_arab83
28-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Imagine if the Odeon said, give us a few hundred pounds and we will let you in to watch 18 ****ey film's or even better 19 B movies in the higher division IF we get there?.Most punters would tell them to GTF,it is truly amazing what football supporters will put up with eh?.

True but what else you gonna do on a saturday afternoon?

Had this conversation with bowers yesterday, my tickets bought and paid for already with the finance agreement, but even if it wasnt i couldnt imagine not going, id be dragged to f ucking kidz world and all these god awful soft play zone things i already do this on sundays so f uck doing that all weekend. I was there before ST and i'll be there after him. I hate what hes done to us and what we've become but i'll still be there (probably not for 90 mins though)

jjaflup22
28-04-2017, 09:06 AM

Had this conversation with bowers yesterday, my tickets bought and paid for already with the finance agreement, but even if it wasnt i couldnt imagine not going, id be dragged to f ucking kidz world and all these god awful soft play zone things i already do this on sundays so f uck doing that all weekend. I was there before ST and i'll be there after him. I hate what hes done to us and what we've become but i'll still be there (probably not for 90 mins though)

'I was there before ST and I'll be there after him' - and that in a nutshell is a football fan.

arab_plumber
28-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Jim I'm paying in as are a hell of a lot of the home and away squad who refuse to back the insolvent running of our club,I can put up with watching poor united sides I've seen plenty in my time but it's the utterly ineptness of the man gambling with the clubs very existence I cannot back with a season ticket.

The position we are in is down to him and nobody else,he's regarded as a joke by every other chairman in the top flight

arab_plumber
28-04-2017, 10:01 AM
The blunt 'No' in post #23 implies he does have one.
So come on Plumb, you say you won't but do you or don't?

I'll back the new regime to the hilt and double my season ticket money into the foundation but all I'll give Thompson from now on is gate money,he's failed me and every single united fan out there.

Our club will 100% be in admin next season if Robertson stays at Hull

offshore_arab83
28-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Jim I'm paying in as are a hell of a lot of the home and away squad who refuse to back the insolvent running of our club,I can put up with watching poor united sides I've seen plenty in my time but it's the utterly ineptness of the man gambling with the clubs very existence I cannot back with a season ticket.

The position we are in is down to him and nobody else,he's regarded as a joke by every other chairman in the top flight

Mate alot of my squad have said they are just gonna start paying in too and totally agree RE the shambles the board have created and guys not backing them, dont blame anyone for saying f uck you, and dont get me wrong, i'll not contribute another penny to united, arabzone, merchandise, hospo, etc etc i said this after the january transfer window, not another penny ou twith my season ticket till hes gone. Totally correct this is his fault we are in this division hemorrhaging money 100% bang on, he is responsible.

I'll have my season ticket, and you'll pay at the gate and we'll both back the team, that will never, ever be in doubt.

shed_boy_21
28-04-2017, 10:14 AM

Nope. I'm neither a masochist or a "cuck".

I'll renew when that ******* has gone!

Danny_Dyer
28-04-2017, 11:37 AM
I've not been to a game since the Hibs match. I've not missed it at all tbh and I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Between a chairman who has single handedly ripped the soul out of our club and a manager who sets us up to play the worst standard of football iv'e ever witnessed, I'm not prepared to part with any more cash. FOST!!

offshore_arab83
28-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Welcome back Danny!

TerryTheTerror
28-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Just need to get him back to Tannadice now. :)

Teurag
28-04-2017, 03:45 PM
It was in nine**** and sixty one when my auld Papa said to me that he was off to the match and did I want to go.Said he would meet me up the law hill about 2pm and we would eat our pie and get ready for the nod and wink as we made our way to game The push on the turnstyle.The fun and games on the terracing.Oh the excitement and I couldn't wait to get to the top of the law.But loe and behold it was baltic and I decided to stay in bed and play with my Nintendo and away with this feeble nonsense to give thomson his drinking money.
Utter garbage of a video.Embarrassing stuff.

one team in city
28-04-2017, 04:17 PM
It was in nine**** and sixty one when my auld Papa said to me that he was off to the match and did I want to go.Said he would meet me up the law hill about 2pm and we would eat our pie and get ready for the nod and wink as we made our way to game The push on the turnstyle.The fun and games on the terracing.Oh the excitement and I couldn't wait to get to the top of the law.But loe and behold it was baltic and I decided to stay in bed and play with my Nintendo and away with this feeble nonsense to give thomson his drinking money.
Utter garbage of a video.Embarrassing stuff.
cant make head or tail of this pish ffs:zzz:

Shed69
28-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks SmedDum till i die tangerine and black

TerryTheTerror
28-04-2017, 08:59 PM
In 1961 Nintendo made playing cards. :)

scoobydufc
28-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Yes, Ordered, and Delivered !!!!!!! Never in doubt,If there is a drop o Tangerine Blood running through yer arteries it has to be a big Yes.

blackandtangerine
29-04-2017, 06:45 AM
Yes, Ordered, and Delivered !!!!!!! Never in doubt,If there is a drop o Tangerine Blood running through yer arteries it has to be a big Yes.
With the greatest of respect thats a lot of toshney. I know folk and im sure others know folk who love utd just as much as anyone but due to work or other reasons its not viable to buy a season ticket.

ianharab
29-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Genuinely no made my mind up yet , been absolute ****e this season , horrible to watch home and away , getting more difficult to justify the outlay

offshore_arab83
29-04-2017, 08:34 AM
With the greatest of respect thats a lot of toshney. I know folk and im sure others know folk who love utd just as much as anyone but due to work or other reasons its not viable to buy a season ticket.

Agree with this, i know guys been going 40+ years and are thinking of swerving next season, as i said before i dont blame anyone for nor renewing and it certainly doesnt make them any less of a supporter

offshore_arab83
29-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Genuinely no made my mind up yet , been absolute ****e this season , horrible to watch home and away , getting more difficult to justify the outlay

Youd miss the snug on a saturday though mate ha ha

jjaflup22
29-04-2017, 09:41 AM

I agree with you if it's down to work/financial reasons that their not buying a ST. But some folk on here saying they won't buy one if we don't get promoted! Believe me I hate this p1sh league and haven't enjoyed this season at all but I'm not gonna throw in the towel if we don't make it up.

ianharab
29-04-2017, 09:48 AM
JJ don't think it's so much if we don't get promoted its more to do with how bad performances have been this season , what we were hoping to see was a rebuild start and a team coming together and if it took a couple o seasons then so be it , however , what we have seen has been brutal and if anything got worse with next to no progress made .

Also signings for most part have been poor , we are now going to have start all over again this summer that's why people are not renewing

TerryTheTerror
29-04-2017, 10:53 AM
FWIW, I honestly think you are focusing too much on the negative Ian.

offshore_arab83
29-04-2017, 11:18 AM
FWIW there's hardly been many positives this season

brizee66
29-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Renewed mine and my daughters today
For how much I want Thompson out I will still buy my ticket
I will still be there long after he is gone
Through thick and thin
One love

shedboy71
29-04-2017, 11:49 AM

Its amazing how you forget all this stuff and end up buying one. But totally agree with sentiment and cant blame anyone as performances have not been acceptable for some time and as for leadership...

shedboy71
29-04-2017, 11:51 AM
FWIW, I honestly think you are focusing too much on the negative Ian.

Many are Terry and many will then get a ST. If we were to kick on and give it a real shot now a lot will change their mind but not all and thats entirely their prerogative in my view.

Although its funny how some could see a negative from last weekends game - performance aside at times I love a late winner and at least it was exciting

ianharab
29-04-2017, 11:53 AM
What do you suggest I focus on ? How many positives have there been ? We have been brutal to watch all season unless you have been watching a different team

GingerPetric
29-04-2017, 12:38 PM
No x 2 for me, doesn't matter what league.

Subject to change if anything positive happens in the next few months, but if it's the same old same old I'll be patg and probably picking and choosing games.

TerryTheTerror
29-04-2017, 02:30 PM
I don't think it's healthy to fixate on negativity. Ultimately we still have a realistic chance of promotion and we could still finish the regular season in second place. It hasn't been that bad.

PUTAMADRE
29-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Dundee Utd was aboot before my time and due to its relative success under Jim McLean, we now find ourselves in the pish we are in. I will not subsidise propping up an heir with not a clue whatsoever to realise if you want to be an ambramovic you've got to have dough and half a brain ....1.9mill in debt ...

TerryTheTerror
29-04-2017, 07:20 PM
When he took over we were about 7mill in debt.

seenitab4
29-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Anyone out there want to contribute to the coz but dinna want to actually go to the games or canna make it for geographical reasons you can buy a ticket for anywhere upstairs and send it to seenitab4 worthy coz. com

ianharab
30-04-2017, 05:24 AM
It hasn't been that bad ??? You for real , it's been brutal and was again yesterday and don't kid yourself about promotion that just ain't happening , unless changes are made in the summer I fear for the future of the club

ahlltanyirhide
30-04-2017, 06:01 AM
No x 2 for me, doesn't matter what league.

Subject to change if anything positive happens in the next few months, but if it's the same old same old I'll be patg and probably picking and choosing games.

Something positive is afoot GP, the word and whispers in the corridors of power suggest an offer to take over the club has been agreed in principle and could be completed before the play offs end. This will see the Thompson reign of Dundee United Football Club come to an end.

GingerPetric
30-04-2017, 06:47 AM
Something positive is afoot GP, the word and whispers in the corridors of power suggest an offer to take over the club has been agreed in principle and could be completed before the play offs end. This will see the Thompson reign of Dundee United Football Club come to an end.

Hope there are moves afoot, an owner who has the full, best interests of DUFC.

Our play-offs will likely end in about a fortnight - that quickly? 😋

ahlltanyirhide
30-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Hope there are moves afoot, an owner who has the full, best interests of DUFC.

Our play-offs will likely end in about a fortnight - that quickly? ��

Nah doubt it, word is 2-3 weeks but if I was a betting man I'd guess Wednesday 7 June at 11am is when all would be revealed ;D

ianharab
30-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Don't get my hopes up A , had enough pain watching us this year

ahlltanyirhide
30-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Don't get my hopes up A , had enough pain watching us this year

Just passing on talk at the top end of the club, hopefully it's accurate and a transfer of power is nearly upon us, however, the chatter doesn't confirm whether or not it's the Man City link up I mentioned a few weeks back. ST is playing this very close so apologies for no finer details.

TangerineDream
30-04-2017, 11:17 AM

This is sounding good ahl, here's hoping. Perhaps we will all be able to move on from this mess he created.

RAM1971
30-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Just passing on talk at the top end of the club, hopefully it's accurate and a transfer of power is nearly upon us, however, the chatter doesn't confirm whether or not it's the Man City link up I mentioned a few weeks back. ST is playing this very close so apologies for no finer details.

Alts, I abhor violence, but believe me, ahlltanyirhide if this turns out to be nothing more than what we are witnessing on the park!!

SmedDUm
30-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Alts, I abhor violence, but believe me, ahlltanyirhide if this turns out to be nothing more than what we are witnessing on the park!!

There's something in the wind MHS, there's got to be.

stokearab
30-04-2017, 09:33 PM

So two weeks ago ST says there have been no approaches for the club but now we have one which might complete by June?

RAM1971
30-04-2017, 09:38 PM

Smeds, I have no doubt about this. My nasal senses have detected this all season, but I thought it was coming from the pitch on match days? I certainly hope there is substance to a possible alternative origin?

Logie_Arab
02-05-2017, 02:22 PM
1472 fans took the opportunity to buy their 2017/18 Season Ticket at loyalty prices – an increase of 30% on last season at this stage.

http://dufc.co/news/loyalty-period-thank/

TerryTheTerror
02-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Great start to the season ticket sales.

RAM1971
02-05-2017, 03:05 PM
1472 fans took the opportunity to buy their 2017/18 Season Ticket at loyalty prices – an increase of 30% on last season at this stage.

http://dufc.co/news/loyalty-period-thank/

I have decided to not do 'logic' any more!

Certainly it's a great start to ST sales.

shedka
02-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Encouraging but early days, hopefully see the counter from last year added and updated weekly again

***** we get as many as possible to back the club regardless of anything else

huntedbyafreak
02-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I've renewed. Phuck it what else am I going to do on a Saturday. If I didn't get one I wouldn't go to home games. Would get out the habit

GUNBOAT
02-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I could not give Thompson my money at the moment because it's a cert that he will use some of it now rather than on next season's team,has nobody read the books for the past few season's?.

arab_plumber
02-05-2017, 05:25 PM
I've renewed. Phuck it what else am I going to do on a Saturday. If I didn't get one I wouldn't go to home games. Would get out the habit

Don't ever moan how sh1te we are or when we go into administration under this joker

jjaflup22
02-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Don't ever moan how sh1te we are or when we go into administration under this joker

But surely people not renewing will make administration inevitable?

GUNBOAT
02-05-2017, 05:40 PM

If Thompson let's the club go into ADMIN when there are people with money willing to take over he's even thicker than i gave him credit for.

jjaflup22
02-05-2017, 05:46 PM
If Thompson let's the club go into ADMIN when there are people with money willing to take over he's even thicker than i gave him credit for.

I wish all these people in the know about 'people with money willing to take over' would be a little more transparent.

arab_plumber
02-05-2017, 05:53 PM

If you really think 1000 or so fans not buying a season ticket will be the catalyst for administration you really have no clue what's been going on and is still going on at the club under Thompson.

We're standing up and saying enough is enough and we want positive change before it's too late.

huntedbyafreak
02-05-2017, 05:58 PM

I'll moan about whatever I want

ahlltanyirhide
02-05-2017, 06:11 PM
If you really think 1000 or so fans not buying a season ticket will be the catalyst for administration you really have no clue what's been going on and is still going on at the club under Thompson.

We're standing up and saying enough is enough and we want positive change before it's too late.

Standing up? ya phukkin clown, away and crawl back under that stone you and the rest of F phukkin U have been hiding under since that filthy episode of elderly abuse

offshore_arab83
02-05-2017, 07:20 PM
only 37 votes on the poll, was expecting more than that

RAM1971
02-05-2017, 07:21 PM

How many folks are still interested in United?

huntedbyafreak
02-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Forums are a thing of the past

GUNBOAT
02-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Standing up? ya phukkin clown, away and crawl back under that stone you and the rest of F phukkin U have been hiding under since that filthy episode of elderly abuse

Totally agree,ken what tae dae shoot the 17 year old and give Thompson the darling of the Dees a knighthood for services to football and a plaque on the wailing wall for destroying the Arabs

GUNBOAT
02-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Forums are a thing of the past

The Forum Romanum has certainly seen better days mate. :heart:

ahlltanyirhide
02-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Totally agree,ken what tae dae shoot the 17 year old and give Thompson the darling of the Dees a knighthood for services to football and a plaque on the wailing wall for destroying the Arabs

Nae lad, a simple public apology would suffice

arab_plumber
02-05-2017, 07:48 PM

Away and walk your dog

seenitab4
02-05-2017, 07:57 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-announce-season-ticket-prices-10340772

ahlltanyirhide
03-05-2017, 02:11 AM
Away and walk your dog :D

TerryTheTerror
03-05-2017, 07:52 AM

I think a lot of folk use the mobile version of the site and you don't see the poll.

SmedDUm
03-05-2017, 08:53 AM
I think a lot of folk use the mobile version of the site and you don't see the poll.

Would you say it was up the pole then Terry?
A bit like certain aspects of our Club maybe!

Arabs unite, there are better times ahead, just keep loving your Club.

:heart:

Logie_Arab
14-06-2017, 02:20 PM
SEASON TICKET COUNTER RETURNS

SEASON TICKET COUNTER RETURNS

June 14, 2017

The season ticket counter is back ahead of the 2017/18 early bird deadline day of Sunday 2 July.

Sales are currently sitting at 2484, and with over two weeks until the end of the early bird discount period, it is hoped that the Club’s initial target of 4000 could be within reach by that date.

The counter will feature on the official website, and the fans graphic will turn more tangerine with each increase in ticket sales as your purchases help ‘fill the crowd’. Once the 4000 target is reached the fans, the graphic will be completely tangerine – like the Tangerine army! We will update the tally every few days to keep fans up to date with numbers.

Despite, understandably, a lull in season ticket sales during the playoff games, United fans have again responded and secured their seats at the lowest possible prices in great numbers. They continue to support the pursuit of promotion back into the Premiership, and sales figures are currently 5% ahead on a like-for-like basis with last season.

During the early bird period, season tickets for adults start from only £299 (PATG comparison: £360 ), Seniors from £175 (PATG £180), U18s from £165 (PATG £180) and U12s from only £18 (PATG £180).

BUY YOUR SEASON TICKET ONLINE NOW.

Manager Ray McKinnon is rebuilding his squad after some high-profile player outgoings and has already enhanced the squad with the additions of James Keatings, Billy King and Tam Scobbie for next season with several more expected to arrive ahead of the season’s kick-off.

Buying your season ticket has various options available. Fans who prefer to pay up front can secure their seat using cash, credit or debit card and our finance partner ZEBRA finance also gives the opportunity of a ten-month payment scheme.

Payments are accepted online, in person or over the phone by calling 01382 833166 (option 1), and the Ticket Centre is currently open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday from 9am until 1pm.

http://dufc.co/news/season-ticket-counter-returns/

ahlltanyirhide
14-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Me and the Grandson's bought today, and hospo tickets purchased for me and the lads for the derby

FTD4life

offshore_arab83
15-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Thats quite a poor number to be fair, i did expect more than that

the_arab
15-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Haven't had one for 2 years so couldn't renew anyway, none of the people i had season tickets with have one anymore and only one considering getting one, I might get one if the club make a decent effort with the playing squad (club would deserve to be backed for that) however more than likely I will start off the season like last and pay at the gate, if its utter garbage to watch like last season ill end up drifting away from it again.

TerryTheTerror
15-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Thats quite a poor number to be fair, i did expect more than that

You were expecting to be even further ahead of last year's sales? :?

Wullie
15-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Well, the club did release a bit of spin the other week about being ahead of last season's figures.

Jedi u-Knighted
15-06-2017, 01:51 PM
They might sell a few more if people were sure we had enuf players to watch next season.!! 😉

TerryTheTerror
15-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Well, the club did release a bit of spin the other week about being ahead of last season's figures.

And they still are.

Logie_Arab
15-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Update 2504.

http://dufc.co/

arab81
15-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Not to bad figure for mid June, how many did we sell last season?

offshore_arab83
15-06-2017, 07:13 PM

considering its less than half what we sold last season, aye, i expected more. It will go up gradually as we near the new season but thought more would have took advantage of early bird, maybe people who said they wouldnt renew are true to their word this season...

TangerineDream
15-06-2017, 09:42 PM
So the sales are ahead of last season ?

No too bad. Think we will do ok for support again this season , going to be interesting for this promotion push. Must win the league so let's get behind the team.

I am looking to move to slightly better seats this time so there might be a better choice in a couple of weeks for transferring my season ticket seats if folk are hanging off.

TerryTheTerror
16-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I don't understand how you can read what you are into this. We have sold more now than the same time last year. So, sales are UP.

blackandtangerine
16-06-2017, 11:36 AM
I don't understand how you can read what you are into this. We have sold more now than the same time last year. So, sales are UP.

Most of those bought will be the loyalty period when they were at their cheapest and those who bought in advance. Be interesting to see how it compares to last season after the early bird period ends in 2 weeks then we'll get a proper idea of how they are doing compared to last season imo.

TangerineDream
16-06-2017, 01:22 PM

No sure if that is directed at me. I am aware sales are up at the moment. However with all the negative ehm no getting a season ticket etc etc, my point is I may be able to transfer to a better seat if some folk are not renewing. Fairly straightforward point I thought.

TerryTheTerror
16-06-2017, 01:25 PM
No sure if that is directed at me. I am aware sales are up at the moment. However with all the negative ehm no getting a season ticket etc etc, my point is I may be able to transfer to a better seat if some folk are not renewing. Fairly straightforward point I thought.

Not directed at you, one for offshore. :)

shedka
17-06-2017, 11:17 AM
considering its less than half what we sold last season, aye, i expected more. It will go up gradually as we near the new season but thought more would have took advantage of early bird, maybe people who said they wouldnt renew are true to their word this season...

2,500 is less than half of 4,600?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/114538/2219008-okay_whatever_you_say.jpg

Logie_Arab
19-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Up to 2554.

http://dufc.co/

offshore_arab83
19-06-2017, 01:19 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/114538/2219008-okay_whatever_you_say.jpg

did we not break the 5000 mark ? coulda sworn we did, if not then fair enough, i like your picture B

Logie_Arab
19-06-2017, 01:31 PM
did we not break the 5000 mark ? coulda sworn we did, if not then fair enough, i like your picture B

I think we did with half season ticket sales.

offshore_arab83
19-06-2017, 01:33 PM
I think we did with half season ticket sales.

i woulda put money on it we broke the 5k mark Logie, as usual sure the club made a big thing about it...

ahlltanyirhide
19-06-2017, 03:41 PM
i woulda put money on it we broke the 5k mark Logie, as usual sure the club made a big thing about it...

Just googled Dundee United season ticket sales 2015 and up popped a picture of Stephen Thompson with A message reading 'your limited access has been reached' :D

GUNBOAT
19-06-2017, 07:32 PM

If only you were as switched on with the futba as you are we simple arithmetic eh?.

BillBones
19-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Renewed as soon as I was able to.

Let's hope for a few new faces in the door soon, boost it further.

Logie_Arab
20-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Up to 2603.

Logie_Arab
21-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Up to 2658.

Hoofballer
21-06-2017, 04:49 PM
....lot more than we would have if Willo signed earlier. !

Logie_Arab
22-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Up to 2710.

Whitfieldarab
24-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Went down to renew my season ticket today and it wasn't exactly busy,a few folk coming in for derby tickets but not many. The lassie in the shop says the derby tickets sales are slow, maybe sales are slow due to folk going on holiday (think TTT's in Canada :P) or folk waiting to get paid at the end of the month. I actually thought this would be sold out by now though.

offshore_arab83
24-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Bang on S, just got a few vouchers today from various people who can't make it cos of holidays. They're not ok public sale yet are they?

TerryTheTerror
24-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Wow, a lot of folk seem to know where I'm going on holiday, goodness knows why! Anyway, I'm back for the Derby and got tickets on Friday. 🙂

blackandtangerine
25-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Bang on S, just got a few vouchers today from various people who can't make it cos of holidays. They're not ok public sale yet are they?
Think its wed or thursday go on general sale J

one team in city
25-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Think its wed or thursday go on general sale J

whats the big rush to get derby tickets the games a month away plenty of time ftd:D

Logie_Arab
28-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Up to 3023.

SmedDUm
28-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Wow, a lot of folk seem to know where I'm going on holiday, goodness knows why! Anyway, I'm back for the Derby and got tickets on Friday. 🙂

Is it Canada you're going to Terry?

:)

TerryTheTerror
28-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Nah, I'm there now. 😛

Charlie arab
29-06-2017, 05:18 PM
3229 now, creeping up towards the 4000 target

dundeeunitedfc83
29-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Hopefully gets nearer 4000

Charlie arab
29-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Usually a big increase at end of early bird period, hopefully same this year

Juicy Fruit
29-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Wow, a lot of folk seem to know where I'm going on holiday, goodness knows why! Anyway, I'm back for the Derby and got tickets on Friday. ��

Where in Canada are you going TTT ?

GUNBOAT
29-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Where in Canada are you going TTT ?

I am sure he said Buckie mate.

barcapilgrim1
29-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Not me m8 not till thompsons gone

TerryTheTerror
29-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Eventually I'll be staying in Welland, about 20 mins from Niagara Falls. I'm in Syracuse in the USA at the moment though.

TerryTheTerror
29-06-2017, 08:40 PM
I am sure he said Buckie mate.

Going by the place names around the Ottawa area, there could well be a Buckie in Canada. 😛

GUNBOAT
29-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Going by the place names around the Ottawa area, there could well be a Buckie in Canada. ��

Have a great holiday mate,my young lass and one of your Dryburgh girls have both been accepted into college for a sports coaching course next year.

GUNBOAT
29-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Not me m8 not till thompsons gone

The legend return's,FACT.

GUNBOAT
30-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know what the total was at the end of the loyalty period last year?,the tickets sold so far this season have amazed me to be honest considering the standard of football on display last season.The chairman himself admitted in a round about way that the football at Tannadice was not the best so i'm surprised that he never got the manager to paint a different picture for the season ahead.
What worries me about Ray is never once did he apologise for the performance of his team home or away,i think at times he was watching a different game from the long suffering fans.

shedka
30-06-2017, 10:51 PM
At the end of the early bird after close of day on Sunday July 3rd last year we had sold 4,060 and ended up with 4,600 by start of season

The season ticket counter hasn't been updated to take into account today or yesterday, it stands at 3,229 since Wednesday... On the Friday last year it stood at 3,507

Looking very similar, good stuff, hopefully we similar uptake over the weekend as we had last year

ahlltanyirhide
01-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know what the total was at the end of the loyalty period last year?,the tickets sold so far this season have amazed me to be honest considering the standard of football on display last season.The chairman himself admitted in a round about way that the football at Tannadice was not the best so i'm surprised that he never got the manager to paint a different picture for the season ahead.
What worries me about Ray is never once did he apologise for the performance of his team home or away,i think at times he was watching a different game from the long suffering fans.

This ^^^^ a wee bit of honesty fae McKinnon wouldn't go amiss, at least it would let the supporters know that he watched the same sh*te as us, instead of us listening to his match analysis and thinking WTF

shedboy87
01-07-2017, 08:02 AM

I get what your saying but have to disagree with the last paragraph.
Pretty sure Ray did come out at least 2/3 times in post match interviews and apologised to fans about the performance, one game that I remember in particular being the 3-0 pumping from Falkirk.
I do, however, think that he maybe should have done it more given the inept performances but do think that there was maybe a touch of trying not to pile the blame on the players to the press. You just don't know. He obviously knew that performances weren't good enough with the players that he's got rid of?

ahlltanyirhide
01-07-2017, 08:46 AM
I get what your saying but have to disagree with the last paragraph.
Pretty sure Ray did come out at least 2/3 times in post match interviews and apologised to fans about the performance, one game that I remember in particular being the 3-0 pumping from Falkirk.
I do, however, think that he maybe should have done it more given the inept performances but do think that there was maybe a touch of trying not to pile the blame on the players to the press. You just don't know. He obviously knew that performances weren't good enough with the players that he's got rid of?

Get what you are saying but, when the support is witnessing such poor performances he has to acknowledge it, the support saw it was sh*te, the players knew it was sh*te, and the press were acutely aware it was sh*te. He'd have been better served acknowledging the team were playing gash and admitting the result was all that mattered, but by consistently coming away with "I thought the lads did well today" "we dominated the match" "we held and passed the ball very well" "we created a lot of chances" and if he did he'd have gathered more respect from the support. A lot of folk were listening to his after match comments and thinking what the actual phukk is he going on about.

TerryTheTerror
01-07-2017, 01:53 PM
The manager has to be wary that he needs to keep the players motivated and playing. A huge mistake Mixu made was slating the players after his second game in charge. Bound to have made one or two drop their level.

Whitfieldarab
01-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Think RM kind of knew by at least a third of the way into the season that he'd f ucked up with his signings abilitywise, positioning and the lack of pace but by then it was too late as we had spent all our budget by then so he couldn't rectify this.

The statement he made about Nichols being a summer target when he finally got him was a bit of a heid scratcher:O

His signings to date look like they've been given more thought so let's hope lessons have been learned.

ahlltanyirhide
01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
The manager has to be wary that he needs to keep the players motivated and playing. A huge mistake Mixu made was slating the players after his second game in charge. Bound to have made one or two drop their level.

I'm not saying he needs to names and shame individuals to the media, but he needs to be truthful. He can do the naming and shaming in the dressing room.

utd4me
01-07-2017, 05:00 PM
seasons sold up to 3622 on the official.

stokearab
01-07-2017, 07:53 PM
seasons sold up to 3622 on the official.

so 438 down on same period last year assuming shedkas figure and yours is right >:(

shedka
01-07-2017, 09:04 PM
I didn't provide figures for the equivalent Saturday so we don't know how much we will be down until closen of business tomorrow, we sold 330ish today, good stuff all things factored in

tHeArAb
01-07-2017, 09:43 PM
I didn't provide figures for the equivalent Saturday so we don't know how much we will be down until closen of business tomorrow, we sold 330ish today, good stuff all things factored in

238 we sold today.

shedka
01-07-2017, 09:45 PM
You're right, I was going off the previous figure from Wednesday instead of yesterday's!

ianharab
02-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Anyone know the final total sold , think was about 4100 at this time last year

shedka
02-07-2017, 06:34 PM
They'll probably update it in morning, was 4060 after early bird last year, so we already know that we aren't gonna see the big drop that many were predicting (Inc some of our fans and the deelusional ones next door), which is very good news for DUFC

scoobydufc
02-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Good effort on the Early Bird purchasers,Great to see the loyal supporters committing their hard earned cash to the club
I got my one back in the early option for £279. Let's do this United ,

Wullie
02-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Good effort on the Early Bird purchasers,Great to see the loyal supporters committing their hard earned cash to the club
I got my one back in the early option for £279. Let's do this United ,

Lucky you, some of us were asked to pay an extra £20 on last years price, in the 'early bird' period.

Way to reward the loyal fans.

Thanks United.

GUNBOAT
02-07-2017, 10:04 PM
They'll probably update it in morning, was 4060 after early bird last year, so we already know that we aren't gonna see the big drop that many were predicting (Inc some of our fans and the deelusional ones next door), which is very good news for DUFC

It's also very good for Stephen Thompson he gets his mandate from the fans to carry on running the club in his own inimitable style.

Logie_Arab
03-07-2017, 08:46 AM
EARLY BIRD PERIOD EXTENDED

July 3, 2017

Dundee United fans have responded superbly to the Early Bird season ticket campaign and, with over a month remaining until the start of the league campaign, season ticket sales are currently at 3,763.

Because of the high demand for season tickets over the weekend, staff are still processing the backlog of applications. With that in mind, the Early Bird prices have been extended until the close of business at 5pm on Tuesday (4th July).

While Early Bird prices remain in place, previously reserved seats are now on public sale.
http://dufc.co/news/early-bird-period-extended/

GFLower
03-07-2017, 09:05 AM
It's also very good for Stephen Thompson he gets his mandate from the fans to carry on running the club in his own inimitable style.

What makes you think that by buying my season ticket I and many others are giving ST a mandate? Say United had only sold a 1000 STs would you be giving the club hell for failing to sign much needed fresh talent. Seems people like me are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

one team in city
03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
What makes you think that by buying my season ticket I and many others are giving ST a mandate? Say United had only sold a 1000 STs would you be giving the club hell for failing to sign much needed fresh talent. Seems people like me are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

great effort fae our fans again 3.763 and its only the start of july

JoePearson
03-07-2017, 10:08 AM

So going by last year's figures 93% have renewed. Not the 60% suggested on here. Just shows you the unbalanced views of the club support that we see on here. A few loud voices definitely in the minority. Great effort from the supporters of the club. Well done.

offshore_arab83
03-07-2017, 10:34 AM
So going by last year's figures 93% have renewed. Not the 60% suggested on here. Just shows you the unbalanced views of the club support that we see on here. A few loud voices definitely in the minority. Great effort from the supporters of the club. Well done.

who said 60%?

Logie_Arab
03-07-2017, 10:56 AM
This Poll result.

ahlltanyirhide
03-07-2017, 11:15 AM

What would you rather have happened?

offshore_arab83
03-07-2017, 12:32 PM
This Poll result.
60% of 49 votes on here, you can gauge the whole season ticket sales on votes on here though :?

shedka
03-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Only 300 down on equivalent day last year, not bad all this considered, especially with all the negativity and predictions of many more not buying

JoePearson
03-07-2017, 02:57 PM
60% of 49 votes on here, you can gauge the whole season ticket sales on votes on here though :?

That's kind of my point. What many people might see as FACT is often a lot of shyte.

ahlltanyirhide
03-07-2017, 04:41 PM

Some would have you believe that MAD is THE gauge of the whole support not just season ticket holders :P

offshore_arab83
03-07-2017, 05:31 PM
That's kind of my point. What many people might see as FACT is often a lot of shyte.

Who sees things on here as FACT? ive been posting on here for years and see very little FACTS posted, opinions and speculation yeah, FACTS, very little

offshore_arab83
03-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Some would have you believe that MAD is THE gauge of the whole support not just season ticket holders :P
im vocal in my dislike of the current regime and how we have fell away so badly but ive also been vocal in the fact that no matter whos in charge i'll always be there and will always buy my season ticket. There are plenty who have renewed and some who will not, each to their own...

Charlie arab
03-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Up to 3830 now

scoobydufc
03-07-2017, 08:06 PM
i buy my season ticket no matter what for the reason that im proud to be a United supporter and i'm proud to be an arab
Time for folk to rally round and get behind this great club of ours
Dont give a sh**e aboot polls
Dont give a sh""e about all the negativity
Manager got it a bit wrong last season but getting a wee hand fae Dailly n co and wi a bit o help on the tactic front and a few good signings, New season , New expectations P2BAA

ianharab
04-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Spot on OA , up to each person to renew , I have mine as usual , did think about it but the thought o getting hauled round shops wee the wife or having a few beers and the footy was a no brainer 😁

offshore_arab83
04-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Spot on OA , up to each person to renew , I have mine as usual , did think about it but the thought o getting hauled round shops wee the wife or having a few beers and the footy was a no brainer ��

Defo mate, f uck that!!!!

Logie_Arab
05-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Up to 3880.

Wullie
05-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Spot on OA , up to each person to renew , I have mine as usual , did think about it but the thought o getting hauled round shops wee the wife or having a few beers and the footy was a no brainer 😁

My Missus knows that if United are playing at home, then i'll be there, season ticket or not.

Logie_Arab
07-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Up to 3949.

jerrennixon
07-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Renewed mine and my sons today and go my 8 yr old daughter her first!

Starting to get in the mood for the new season now.

Hoofballer
08-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Up to 3949.

Reading elsewhere that this is only 150 down on same figure last year which to me is great news as that is imo a negligible number and showing the the core club support remains as loyal as ever despite every challenge the "regime" running the the show have chucked our way in last few years.

In any demographic of 4000 people, 150 people's change of circumstance would easily be explained for not renewing, financial, work patterns or relocation, illness or passed on, moving away from area, etc. Fans not put off that ST not managed to get away yet.

150 is not in itself worrying at all and if Ray can get it right on park it would hopefully help attract back others or new faces to restore balance.

Especially pleasing to see that all the negativity, protesting and posturing, group formation and arguing has not persuaded supporters to turn away from the Club ( not ST , the Club) at this point where we are allegedly pretty deep in the smelly stuff over £'s.

The moaning, protesting , scarf waving and forming groups to sing kumbaya or whatever can all carry on regardless it seems, the United support are there again in large numbers and up for the challenge again.

Just hoping Ray's going to have the boys deliver this season, bring it on, c'mon United!

GUNBOAT
11-07-2017, 10:21 PM
I have paid £165 for my daughters ticket but have not renewed my own,i knew that the money in the main would be used pay off last season's outstanding debts,to have a player with the experience of Quinn having a (T) on the team sheet next to his name is nothing short of disgraceful.
We have shipped out 16 players and signed 4 but we appear to be short of funds when almost 4000 season tickets have been sold,any of you wondering where the money has went yet?.

GUNBOAT
11-07-2017, 10:27 PM
5 minutes gone and nae sign of my troll.

Chick A Saw
11-07-2017, 11:13 PM
I have paid £165 for my daughters ticket but have not renewed my own,i knew that the money in the main would be used pay off last season's outstanding debts,to have a player with the experience of Quinn having a (T) on the team sheet next to his name is nothing short of disgraceful.
We have shipped out 16 players and signed 4 but we appear to be short of funds when almost 4000 season tickets have been sold,any of you wondering where the money has went yet?.

Time will tell on what the truth is, but in the meantime we have the rumours to listen to. Poor show if we are waiting on a transfer that may never happen. I do really hope that Ray still has a budget to spend on other areas of the squad while he swaps out Donaldson for Quinn.

GUNBOAT
11-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Time will tell on what the truth is, but in the meantime we have the rumours to listen to. Poor show if we are waiting on a transfer that may never happen. I do really hope that Ray still has a budget to spend on other areas of the squad while he swaps out Donaldson for Quinn.

I am nothing to do with the groups calling for the man who must not be named's head and never will be.I have not renewed for two reasons,firstly the football i witnessed last season was FN awful(i did attend at least the first 30 games home and away including Irn Bru fixtures)and secondly i knew we were being lied to in the season ticket address and i FN hate compulsive liars and that is what the club has become,FACT.

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Only thing i can think of is that we are trying to lower the operating losses, IMO we should be busting the bank and gambling as hibs did last season and get players in who would get us promoted, does anyone genuinely believe we could survive in this league for another season? Its make or break time for us IMO and we shouldnt need to wait on the Robertson money after having so many players leave us already, majority of whom would have been on SPL wages

thefutureistangerine4
12-07-2017, 12:08 PM
I am nothing to do with the groups calling for the man who must not be named's head and never will be.I have not renewed for two reasons,firstly the football i witnessed last season was FN awful(i did attend at least the first 30 games home and away including Irn Bru fixtures)and secondly i knew we were being lied to in the season ticket address and i FN hate compulsive liars and that is what the club has become,FACT.

you are a FN bore FACT

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 12:12 PM
you are a FN bore FACT

I disagree, your a troll on on the wind up FACT

TerryTheTerror
12-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Only thing i can think of is that we are trying to lower the operating losses, IMO we should be busting the bank and gambling as hibs did last season and get players in who would get us promoted, does anyone genuinely believe we could survive in this league for another season? Its make or break time for us IMO and we shouldnt need to wait on the Robertson money after having so many players leave us already, majority of whom would have been on SPL wages

Well the fans groups that oppose the current chairman would totally disagree with you there, according to what we know they stand for so far anyway.

TerryTheTerror
12-07-2017, 01:25 PM
I disagree, your a troll on on the wind up FACT

GB's current spate of taking about the chairman at every opportunity of more like trolling IMHO.

Chick A Saw
12-07-2017, 01:53 PM
GB's current spate of taking about the chairman at every opportunity of more like trolling IMHO.

I thought it was quite funny. Someone made a comment that wasnt true and all GB did was make it true!

shedka
12-07-2017, 01:54 PM
tfit4 was spot on

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I thought it was quite funny. Someone made a comment that wasnt true and all GB did was make it true!

This

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 02:34 PM
tfit4 was spot on

hes full of pish and wind and looking for a reaction, might have guessed youd pipe up

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Well the fans groups that oppose the current chairman would totally disagree with you there, according to what we know they stand for so far anyway.

Sorry you'll need to elaborate on this ?

blackandtangerine
12-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Sorry you'll need to elaborate on this ?

Think what hes trying to say is he thinks the fans groups dont want the club to spend money on players to get out this division.
Personally i feel we have to get out this season or we're in the sh1t.

GUNBOAT
12-07-2017, 02:50 PM
you are a FN bore FACT

When using the FN please put an before it,FACT.

Otm_Shank
12-07-2017, 03:02 PM
When using the FN please put an before it,FACT.

Putting "FACT" at the end of a request is redundant.

TerryTheTerror
12-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Think what hes trying to say is he thinks the fans groups dont want the club to spend money on players to get out this division.
Personally i feel we have to get out this season or we're in the sh1t.

Their main criticism of ST seems to be the operating losses need to be addressed as he's putting the club's future at risk if not addressed. This really doesn't tie up with spending our way out of this division.

PortugueseFrank
12-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Their main criticism of ST seems to be the operating losses need to be addressed as he's putting the club's future at risk if not addressed. This really doesn't tie up with spending our way out of this division.

Good point TTT.

There is naturally a tug of war between spending big to get up or cutting cloth to sustainable levels in relation to income we can be sure of to ensure the club’s future in the short to medium term.

End of day we just need to recruit wisely for the budget we have.

We can only know if we have done that after a balls been kicked and then depending on where we are both in the league and financial resources-wise in Jan we will have to decide wether to stick or twist.

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Yes the operating losses are a disgrace and im not happy with them but IMO this is make or break time for us, can we really afford to stay in this league another season? Can we f uck me thinks.
PS im not part of any fans groups TTT, all opinions are my own and dont really care what other fans groups say.

JoePearson
12-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Putting "FACT" at the end of a request is redundant.

Putting "FACT" at the end of a request is redundant...FACT.

JoePearson
12-07-2017, 07:43 PM
hes full of pish and wind and looking for a reaction, might have guessed youd pipe up

Straight out the traps defending your pal again. It's really touching. 😘😍❤️

ahlltanyirhide
12-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Criticising the club for not controlling the overall costs in one breath, then criticising the club for not overspending in the other WTF?

Some folk just like a good moan ;D

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Straight out the traps defending your pal again. It's really touching. ����❤️

better that than the constant digging, trolling and the verging on bullying that you're doing, click your name, go view your posts, quite incredible...

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Criticising the club for not controlling the overall costs in one breath, then criticising the club for not overspending in the other WTF?

Some folk just like a good moan ;D

Correct lol

shedboy71
12-07-2017, 08:52 PM
better that than the constant digging, trolling and the verging on bullying that you're doing, click your name, go view your posts, quite incredible...

Agree but he did have the best retort to not even getting called a fanny but thinking he got called a fanny third hand (quality thread that)

"takes one to know one"

Otm_Shank
12-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Feckin hell don't encourage that we've had enough of that recently

offshore_arab83
12-07-2017, 09:24 PM
I'm going all Celtic-ish here and saying that Gunboat is a victim here

ahlltanyirhide
12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm going all Celtic-ish here and saying that Gunboat is a victim here

Awa an bile yir heid

offshore_arab83
13-07-2017, 07:01 AM
:heart:

Logie_Arab
14-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Up to 4,001.

shedboy71
17-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Got to say i am astounded at the loyalty of arabs. 4100 STs gone. Last seasons in top flight were (i've left Dundee out to prevent the usual nonsense debates and invasion from brain dead internet kn0bs but ive got these too)

Killie - 2400, Well - 2000, St Js - 1700, RC - 1300, ICT - 900, PT - 800, Hamilton - 600

Makes you wonder how some of them survive.

offshore_arab83
17-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Chairmen with astute business knowledge?

shedboy71
17-07-2017, 10:02 PM

Well i guess ours has just had darn bad luck then!! :P

GUNBOAT
17-07-2017, 11:01 PM

Or chairmen with money,ie MacGregor at Ross County,anytime they get into trouble oot comes that big fat cheque book and 8 players are signed to save their top flight status.

TerryTheTerror
18-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Which is not at all sustainable. As soon as he's gone, they are gone.

ahlltanyirhide
18-07-2017, 06:33 AM

Nah, think that may only apply to St Johnstone, all the rest have been, or are in financial difficulty

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 07:08 AM
A, how come the likes of Hamilton, Ross County, Partick etc all survive each season?

TangerineDream
18-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Got to say i am astounded at the loyalty of arabs. 4100 STs gone. Last seasons in top flight were (i've left Dundee out to prevent the usual nonsense debates and invasion from brain dead internet kn0bs but ive got these too)

Killie - 2400, Well - 2000, St Js - 1700, RC - 1300, ICT - 900, PT - 800, Hamilton - 600

Makes you wonder how some of them survive.

Great support from the Arabs, yet again.

Regarding the rest mentioned , you really have to be concerned about the future of our game up here. Especially with the bigot sisters, TV coverage/ messing supporters about and the general malaise and hatred in Scottish fitba (cheers Huns )

I have always said that if the 2 bstard Weegie clubs would fek off our game would flourish. I live in hope.

GFLower
18-07-2017, 09:25 AM
A, how come the likes of Hamilton, Ross County, Partick etc all survive each season?

I think Gunboat answered your question in post 216

GFLower
18-07-2017, 09:35 AM
When you think about it back in the days of United For Change there was a ground swell of opinion that United were a 'failing club' and pressure mounted to remove the board and replace them with Eddie Thompson. eventually this did indeed come to pass. Eddie promptly put the club in much deeper debt than before and loaned money to DUFC in order to get the club out of the financial mess. There's the big difference between the Thompsons and the likes of McGregor at Ross County. McGregor knows the money he puts into County will never be recouped. He seems happy enough with that scenario (actually selling 1300 STs in a town of 5000 is good going) Unfortunately for DUFC the Thompsons have been the opposite, wanting every penny back and as soon as was practically possible. Oh for a McGregor type figure at Tannadice. Thing is they seem to be thin on the ground.

SmedDUm
18-07-2017, 10:09 AM
When you think about it back in the days of United For Change there was a ground swell of opinion that United were a 'failing club' and pressure mounted to remove the board and replace them with Eddie Thompson. eventually this did indeed come to pass. Eddie promptly put the club in much deeper debt than before and loaned money to DUFC in order to get the club out of the financial mess. There's the big difference between the Thompsons and the likes of McGregor at Ross County. McGregor knows the money he puts into County will never be recouped. He seems happy enough with that scenario (actually selling 1300 STs in a town of 5000 is good going) Unfortunately for DUFC the Thompsons have been the opposite, wanting every penny back and as soon as was practically possible. Oh for a McGregor type figure at Tannadice. Thing is they seem to be thin on the ground.

I doubt very much GFL that Roy McGregor is as philanthropic as you suggest - here's heaps of cash & I'm never wanting it back.
On the Eddie Thompson/UFC issue JYM took ET to the cleaners & they were never going to be getting that back.
Maybe that's why they sought a payback from their investment at Tannadice & you can't really blame them.
The couple from Largs who won £161 million are Partick Thistle supporters and they have financed PT's youth development programme & won't be wanting it back but that's the sort of riches you need these days if you're just to be throwing money at a club. Alastair Borthwick & Hugh Duncan Drummond who weighed in with big loans back in the spring have security on their loans & you can't blame them either.

ahlltanyirhide
18-07-2017, 11:10 AM

That exactly it though....Survive! At least we had more ambition than just to survive. The monies spent were wth the aim of competing at the top end of the league, cup semi finals, the European dream etc. that's what us, the supporters asked for and the Thompson duly obliged, what nobody banked on was that the Thompsons may want their money back :O and when they did OYF how very dare they. we all knew the club were spending monies it never had, and there was very little complaint about it back then. What the club are doing now, is what they should have been doing 3/4 seasons ago and that is cutting its cloth accordingly at at long last a wee semblance of sanity has prevailed.

What happened to United could be called 'the price of success'. Its just really how anyone measures success?

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 02:28 PM
That exactly it though....Survive! At least we had more ambition than just to survive. The monies spent were wth the aim of competing at the top end of the league, cup semi finals, the European dream etc. that's what us, the supporters asked for and the Thompson duly obliged, what nobody banked on was that the Thompsons may want their money back :O and when they did OYF how very dare they. we all knew the club were spending monies it never had, and there was very little complaint about it back then. What the club are doing now, is what they should have been doing 3/4 seasons ago and that is cutting its cloth accordingly at at long last a wee semblance of sanity has prevailed.

What happened to United could be called 'the price of success'. Its just really how anyone measures success?

There's wanting money back and there's weakening/destroying the team. All fine taking money back in dribs and drabs but you need to re-invest or you will struggle and we are living proof of that. I disagree RE the spending, this was highlighted long time ago, remember the Rory Boulding goal to secure top 6, was rumoured we needed that money to keep afloat and that was a good few year ago. The spending and money lost was highlighted at early stages. You cannot call us the 'price of success' with no cup wins and zero euro qualifications under jackie.

TerryTheTerror
18-07-2017, 02:48 PM
But we spent a lot of money during our relegation season, the operating losses prove that. I don't think spending was ever an issue, we had the wrong managers at the wrong time and they wasted the comparatively large budgets they were given.

ahlltanyirhide
18-07-2017, 03:25 PM
There's wanting money back and there's weakening/destroying the team. All fine taking money back in dribs and drabs but you need to re-invest or you will struggle and we are living proof of that. I disagree RE the spending, this was highlighted long time ago, remember the Rory Boulding goal to secure top 6, was rumoured we needed that money to keep afloat and that was a good few year ago. The spending and money lost was highlighted at early stages. You cannot call us the 'price of success' with no cup wins and zero euro qualifications under jackie.

I didn't call us anything, I said it's how anyone may measure success. You may feel success is measured by silverware won, others may measure it be getting into semis/finals/euro qualification. Let's not forget the debt started to build up as soon as the Thompson family took over, it wasn't just when McNamara was appointed, that was just the start of the slippery slope. And also let's not forget wee Jim predicted this would all end in tears, but yet UfC pushed on regardless. B)

GUNBOAT
18-07-2017, 05:08 PM
I disagree with the post regarding Jim McLean taking Eddie to the cleaners,from memory Jim got roughly a million but he brought in a fortune to the club over the years in gate/tv revenue and how much did he bring in with transfer fees?,million upon million.Wee Jim deserved every single penny he was given.

shedboy71
18-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Great support from the Arabs, yet again.

Regarding the rest mentioned , you really have to be concerned about the future of our game up here. Especially with the bigot sisters, TV coverage/ messing supporters about and the general malaise and hatred in Scottish fitba (cheers Huns )

I have always said that if the 2 bstard Weegie clubs would fek off our game would flourish. I live in hope.

Yeah agree i am shocked at the numbers - Dundee above Killie but even StJ's is low. Well seem to fluctuate a lot but outside of 7 or 8 clubs these STs are shockingly low and unsustainable without a sugar daddy.

Juicy Fruit
18-07-2017, 06:45 PM
I disagree with the post regarding Jim McLean taking Eddie to the cleaners,from memory Jim got roughly a million but he brought in a fortune to the club over the years in gate/tv revenue and how much did he bring in with transfer fees?,million upon million.Wee Jim deserved every single penny he was given.

Agree 100%

ahlltanyirhide
18-07-2017, 06:48 PM

^^^^^^^ this all day long

Chick A Saw
18-07-2017, 07:09 PM
From my seriously hazy memory, i have our debt to the bank at the end of the JM era as £4mil, rising to £7mil when Eddie past away. Now i have to ask if we have any debts to the banks that in reality would lead us to being put into admin? There may be a number of soft loans around, but do the guys holding that debt want their money back tomorrow?

To put out a question, going by the ST sales, might we be the only team that is functioning to our financial potential with others living an inflated false position funded by their sugar daddys means?

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Good post GFL

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 07:42 PM
But we spent a lot of money during our relegation season, the operating losses prove that. I don't think spending was ever an issue, we had the wrong managers at the wrong time and they wasted the comparatively large budgets they were given.

Aye we did spend money but we spent it wrongly, we'll never know but IMO if we had spent thtting a good manager like Wright we would have stayed up. Less said about what mixu done with the budget the better....

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 07:44 PM
I didn't call us anything, I said it's how anyone may measure success. You may feel success is measured by silverware won, others may measure it be getting into semis/finals/euro qualification. Let's not forget the debt started to build up as soon as the Thompson family took over, it wasn't just when McNamara was appointed, that was just the start of the slippery slope. And also let's not forget wee Jim predicted this would all end in tears, but yet UfC pushed on regardless. B)

i measure it with trophies and euro qualifications A, we've been the bridesmaids too many times to say thats a success. No one can forget the debt we got into, i was shot down on here a few times saying this sh1t started with ET and how he got us into the debt we were in. Yeah bang on, UFC eh, if only we could turn back time...

offshore_arab83
18-07-2017, 07:46 PM

Bang on, only people taken to the cleaners has been the support and people like Steve Campbell.

shedka
26-07-2017, 01:41 PM
McCann is surprised that the fun have 'only' sold 3,200 season tickets

No one else is

Pleasing

one team in city
26-07-2017, 03:12 PM
McCann is surprised that the fun have 'only' sold 3,200 season tickets

No one else is

Pleasing

suprised they have sold over 3000 most of there support is lying in the eastern cemetery lol ftd

Whitfieldarab
26-07-2017, 03:14 PM
suprised they have sold over 3000 most of there support is lying in the eastern cemetery lol ftd

Haha

Logie_Arab
26-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Up to 4101.

stokearab
26-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Up to 4101.
Good effort arabs.

See jdfc on the Fun forum claiming 300 more sold than McCann. Deeeluded as per.

McDonald signing might give it a wee boost and a win on sunday would help the feel good factor.

shedka
31-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Upto 4143

Charlie arab
31-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Just wondering if any of the guys who said they weren't going to get one cracked and got one or did youse stick to your guns??

shedka
04-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Now 4189 with a week to go, we got to 4604 by first home game last season, only 415 down currently

GUNBOAT
06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Just wondering if any of the guys who said they weren't going to get one cracked and got one or did youse stick to your guns??

I was on as undecided however i did get my daughter's,i was encouraged by the performance at Dens and the signing's made in the last couple of weeks and renewed my own ticket on Friday.It was the performances rather than results last season that had me wondering whether to renew but the manager has addressed MOST of the area's where we were lacking and in my opinion deserve's to be backed for another season.

Logie_Arab
06-08-2017, 11:22 AM
I was on as undecided however i did get my daughter's,i was encouraged by the performance at Dens and the signing's made in the last couple of weeks and renewed my own ticket on Friday.It was the performances rather than results last season that had me wondering whether to renew but the manager has addressed MOST of the area's where we were lacking and in my opinion deserve's to be backed for another season.

https://s1.postimg.org/sspqrj157/sopranos.png (https://postimg.org/image/sspqrj157/)

offshore_arab83
06-08-2017, 03:12 PM

Well in G, right decision mate, support the team and f uck Tamsin

Logie_Arab
07-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Upto 4222.

shedka
07-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Upto 4222.

Just 382 down on last seasons first home game with still a few days to go

Logie_Arab
09-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Joseph Rice‏
@joerice74

Season tickets now sitting at 4243. For info that doesn't include any United for kids etc.