PDA

View Full Version : Why we should close our Facebook accounts

gaz1959
08-05-2017, 09:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qgbc3

Altobelli
09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
I was listening ont radio when they were talking about this Gaz, interesting stuff.

My eldest Daughter got me on facebook a few years ago, never touched it until a guy at work showed me some funny video's he had on his page, I updated my page and put a few pictures on there and then tried to download his funnies, I couldn't and I have never been back since, I keep getting messages on my email about folk sending me messages on there but I don't even look at it.

lazaat
09-05-2017, 09:56 PM
I was listening ont radio when they were talking about this Gaz, interesting stuff.

My eldest Daughter got me on facebook a few years ago, never touched it until a guy at work showed me some funny video's he had on his page, I updated my page and put a few pictures on there and then tried to download his funnies, I couldn't and I have never been back since, I keep getting messages on my email about folk sending me messages on there but I don't even look at it.

Neathandreal man...

alfinyalcabo
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Neathandreal man...

Troglodyte .. Lol

gaz1959
10-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Troglodyte .. Lol

ConT

Altobelli
10-05-2017, 05:24 PM
I know what a Cont is, also a Troglodyte, but what the hell is a Neathandreal Paddy ?

gaz1959
10-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Hahaha well spotted Alto. I missed that

gaz1959
10-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Alto - you can turn off notifications from facebook by going into your settings and turning it off. I did this a long time ago for your very same reasons

Altobelli
10-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks Gaz, I will have a look at it when Matron starts chatting too much B)

lazaat
10-05-2017, 08:14 PM
I know what a Cont is, also a Troglodyte, but what the hell is a Neathandreal Paddy ?

Neandertals, named for the Neandertal region in Germany were a species or subspecies of archaic humans in the genus Homo that went extinct about 40,000 years ago.Neanderthals and modern humans share 99.7% of their DNA and are hence closely related. By comparison, both modern humans and Neanderthals share 98.8% of their DNA with their closest non-human living relatives, the chimpanzees. Neanderthals left bones and stone tools in Eurasia, from Western Europe to Central and Northern Asia. Due to accumulating genetic and fossil evidence suggesting Neanderthals evolved in Europe separately from modern humans in Africa for over 600,000 years, paleontologists generally classify them as a distinct species, Homo neanderthalensis. From the 1950s to the early 1980s, however, Neanderthals were widely considered a subspecies of Homo sapiens and a minority of scholars still hold this view. Palaeontologists now classify Neanderthals in the sub species Altobelithals.

Altobelli
10-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Hey Gaz, I don't think Lazaat has fell in yet http://i65.tinypic.com/xb03mu.jpg

gaz1959
10-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Hey Gaz, I don't think Lazaat has fell in yet http://i65.tinypic.com/xb03mu.jpg

Wahahaha

Well you know he's too tight to get a gadget with big keys and screen so he probably can't see it

Oh my days lol

Acido
10-05-2017, 09:27 PM

Im exactly the same Alto, people bugged me for ages saying you must go on FB etc, so Ive got my own page but it bores me on there to be honest. People either post boring or sh*it stirring rubbish on there which is why I hardly ever post now.

Altobelli
13-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Yes Acido, many emails telling me certain work mates (with some being very intellectual) have posted they went down to ikea today or the Thames barrier, I ask them face to face did something funny or odd happen down ikea/Thames Barrier ? they say no I was just saying I was there, bloody waste of time if you ask me.

Altobelli
13-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Had that bleeding Lazaat (Paddy) on my case last night on the phone, I'd cooked a romantic meal for me and Matron, candles, flowers, rented a chic flik movie for her, we was enjoying our evening when the phone went off, Lazaat....... . . a whole hour trying to tell me he knew he'd spelt Neanderthal wrong and was doing a double bluff, seriously he should have gone into Politics

gaz1959
13-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Did he spell it wrong? I never noticed lol

Anyways back on topic . .
another good reason to close FB accounts is ........

Rammy has just joined :-/ lol

Acido
13-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Yes Acido, many emails telling me certain work mates (with some being very intellectual) have posted they went down to ikea today or the Thames barrier, I ask them face to face did something funny or odd happen down ikea/Thames Barrier ? they say no I was just saying I was there, bloody waste of time if you ask me.

Ive had this argument with certain members of my family who are on there, and they are giving us almost a daily update on breakfast, and dinner, and what they're watching on telly etc. Nobody wants to know this every single day!! :O

lazaat
13-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Had that bleeding Lazaat (Paddy) on my case last night on the phone, I'd cooked a romantic meal for me and Matron, candles, flowers, rented a chic flik movie for her, we was enjoying our evening when the phone went off, Lazaat....... . . a whole hour trying to tell me he knew he'd spelt Neanderthal wrong and was doing a double bluff, seriously he should have gone into Politics

Bless him, you've got to laugh at him poor thing, he's obviously having terrible trouble trying to understand FB LOL. Maybe Rammy can show you how to use it in August Mike?