PDA

View Full Version : Cut price season tickets

ed_Scottishfitba1
11-05-2017, 01:06 PM
will others follow Ross County's lead? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-39882137

England_First
11-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Great to see clubs doing this, let's hope it catch's on north of the border.

Down here Bradford City were selling season tickets for as low as £149 for season 2017/18, so long as they were bought before an April deadline, then the price rises slightly at various dates. I think under 11's were piced at fiver and if the dealine was missed this only went up to £15 per season! City have been doing this the past few seasons and expect to sell over 20,000 season tickets .

Huddersfield Town have apparently sold out of season tickets for 2017/18, they were selling these for £199 a go, not bad at all.

If you sell season tickets or match day tickets fairly, then people will buy them, then there is all the extra club merchandise and food and drink, it's win win.

AguyIknow
11-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Agreed. Think it's a great idea. You need to get the balance right so that there'll be sufficient revenue raised but as you say, if you get the punters in the door then the extra matchday stuff should sell too. And selling cheaply to youngsters has the payback of getting them hooked so they pay adult rates when they're older. The more the merrier.

Mook1
11-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Hats off to them, hopefully it works out & other clubs follow their lead.

GFLower
11-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Didn't Motherwell try this a few seasons back? How did it work out? How do ST tickets compare in price to the rest of Europe? I'm pretty sure they are a lot cheaper in Germany.

England_First
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Didn't Motherwell try this a few seasons back? How did it work out? How do ST tickets compare in price to the rest of Europe? I'm pretty sure they are a lot cheaper in Germany.

I'm not sure, I have seen that the average match day price is lower in Germany, but then I have seen other stories where these low prices are only implemented by several clubs and it's not as widespread as people are led on to believe, so maybe that's the same with season tickets.