PDA

View Full Version : Warne likes ex-Blade Matt Done

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
12-05-2017, 10:20 AM
http://bit.ly/2r7fgNB

gwru
12-05-2017, 10:44 AM
29 before the season starts. Sheff U don't want him & they are not that good. Stay clear. Wrong age, he's on the downhill slope.

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
12-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Header says he's an ex-Blade, folks. He's not. He's on the transfer list. Story makes it clear. Cheers.

millers88
12-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Had have him on a year contract and have the option on another year if he does well and we don't get promotion.

Interesting to see which strikers he's going to watch at the weekend, wonder if it's Olly Watkins from Exeter they play the playoffs Sunday.

sawmiller
12-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Good shout 88 - hope so - gerrim in!

millertop
12-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Had have him on a year contract and have the option on another year if he does well and we don't get promotion.

Interesting to see which strikers he's going to watch at the weekend, wonder if it's Olly Watkins from Exeter they play the playoffs Sunday.

Done not for me but I agree if Warney does fetch him in then a year deal but at his age would he take that?

If it is Watkins then I doubt we are the only one watching him so that a no for us

millertop
12-05-2017, 11:32 AM
On OfficialRUFC it says Warney wants possibly a CB, has he now changed his mind to 2 now he's seen my post on another thread? ;D XD

whos the player Warney will be watching in Dublin?

millers88
12-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I didn't read the article properly so i missed the Dublin and London bits.

Theres 2 matches going off in Dublin tonight but none over Saturday and Sunday. Theres the Dublin derby game between Bohemian v Shamrock and theres also a game between St Patricks Athletic v Drogheda Utd.

Best striker in league is 24 year old Sean Maguire from Glalway Utd but their miles away from Dublin.

Only game realistically we would be looking in London over the weekend is the national south league playoff game between Ebbsfleet v Chelmsford i reckon so ill guess at 22 year old Darren McQueen of Ebbsfleet scored 14 goals in only around 20 matches.

caytonmiller
12-05-2017, 12:31 PM
I didn't read the article properly so i missed the Dublin and London bits.

Theres 2 matches going off in Dublin tonight but none over Saturday and Sunday. Theres the Dublin derby game between Bohemian v Shamrock and theres also a game between St Patricks Athletic v Drogheda Utd.

Best striker in league is 24 year old Sean Maguire from Glalway Utd but their miles away from Dublin.

Only game realistically we would be looking in London over the weekend is the national south league playoff game between Ebbsfleet v Chelmsford i reckon so ill guess at 22 year old Darren McQueen of Ebbsfleet scored 14 goals in only around 20 matches.

hopefully its mcqueen as hes 22, scored 35 goals in 84 app. not bad for a midfielder but i think its shaun jeffers. warne went to tranmere in February to watch him play for chelmsford..

whilst hes there he should take a look at billy holmes promising midfielder

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 12:57 PM
I don't understand the negativity about Done. At 29 he should be in his prime and, playing predominantly on the wing, his goalscoring record is on a par with JCH.
It's not as though we have any outstanding wingers in our squad and both Taylor and Forde have been criticised for being unable to beat a man or put a cross in.
Personally I think Done would be a useful addition to our squad.

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 01:04 PM
29 before the season starts. Sheff U don't want him & they are not that good. Stay clear. Wrong age, he's on the downhill slope.

Sheffield United have just won League 1 with 100 points so clearly they're rubbish!
They probably think Done won't be good enough for the Championship but he's performed well in League 1.

millertop
12-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Done, 35 appearances and 3 goals is not selling him to me

frogmiller
12-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Terms discussed and the wages are too high. It's finished as far as I'm aware.

Don't know the guy from Dublin who they've flown out to watch today but I do know the guy they're going to watch on Sunday.

They're throwing a few red herrings about so don't get your hopes up on anyone.

millertop
12-05-2017, 02:25 PM

Don't know the guy from Dublin who they've flown out to watch today but I do know the guy they're going to watch on Sunday.

They're throwing a few red herrings about so don't get your hopes up on anyone.

All's good then

leedsmiller
12-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Big Spenders falls at the first hurdle.

frogmiller
12-05-2017, 02:31 PM
All's good then

Yes mate.

They lost out on a loan signing as well.

millers88
12-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Another ex blade who might be good addition is 24 year old Stefan Scougall can play anywhere across the midfield or behind the striker. He's small, quick and quite technical, decent dribbler and good eye for killer pass and finish.

frogmiller
12-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Big Spenders falls at the first hurdle.

A lot depends pn Adememi Leeds. If he signs then the budget is vastly reduced.

millertop
12-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Another ex blade who might be good addition is 24 year old Stefan Scougall can play anywhere across the midfield or behind the striker. He's small, quick and quite technical, decent dribbler and good eye for killer pass and finish.

I've already put on another thread that none of the blades thrill me but this one is better than Done.
By the sounds of things we will be looking at cheap

millers88
12-05-2017, 02:42 PM
If we can't agree wages terms for Matt Done and he goes and signs for somebody like Rochdale then theres no hope for this season i'm afraid.

millertop
12-05-2017, 02:44 PM
I think Warney lives in cloud cuckoo land

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 02:45 PM
We're Rotherham United, we only do cheap 😕
Early days yet but there are a few similarities with what happened last pre season.
Surely the club have learned some lessons from the last fiasco.

millertop
12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
We're Rotherham United, we only do cheap ��
Early days yet but there are a few similarities with what happened last pre season.
Surely the club have learned some lessons from the last fiasco.

That's the thing that winds me up, the club don't learn

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 02:51 PM
A lot depends pn Adememi Leeds. If he signs then the budget is vastly reduced.

Surely that's a red herring. There isn't a hope in hell that Adeyemi will sign for us so
Warne and the recruitment guy should be looking for a proven League 1 box to box midfielder.
Also, wouldn't the budget be significantly increased if Ward is sold?

caytonmiller
12-05-2017, 02:53 PM
why wouldn't he choose rochdale over rotherham . sheff u signed him from rochdale and he played there in 2010

leedsmiller
12-05-2017, 03:16 PM
why wouldn't he choose rochdale over rotherham . sheff u signed him from rochdale and he played there in 2010

It's not a question of him choosing, cayton, we're seemingly out of the running before the race has started. I'm not saying we should meet wage demands if they're genuinely beyond our means or outwith club policy and these are very early days - we need more information and to see how the overall picture unfolds before reaching any conclusions - but it's a worrying early sign.

millermanic
12-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Ok, because we are a bigger club than Rochdale, higher attendances, better ground and have actually played in the 2nd tier on several occasions, those are the type of reasons players pick one club over another.

Handsworth
12-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Come on then, spill the beans then frog, put everyone out their misery seen as we can't compete with a team who have never played about league 1 level in their history!

Yak
12-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Why can't we compete who said it's just about money ?

Do you all have the slightest idea as to what has been discussed?

That would be no then.

Grist_To_The_Mill
12-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Unlike Lee Frecklington who is a sprightly 31

lbj
12-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Just been down to Roundwood and it's probably old news now - bur I had to see it for myself.....

The new facilities appear to be on bricks!

I think they'really too nice for site offices as they are painted Rotherham United Green...lol

Seems too permanent for site offices ?

Is that it ?

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Just been down to Roundwood and it's probably old news now - bur I had to see it for myself.....

The new facilities appear to be on bricks!

I think they'really too nice for site offices as they are painted Rotherham United Green...lol

Seems too permanent for site offices ?

Is that it ?
What's that got to do with Matt Done?

daveeed
12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
What's that got to do with Matt Done?

Stubbs's portacabin company sold them to us :-)

mellowmiller
12-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Stubbs's portacabin company sold them to us :-)

They'll fall down within 3 months then 😀

blades58
12-05-2017, 06:46 PM

ha lmao XD

You been watching them regularly then I take it?

After 5 years of watching absolute dross, I can assure you that for league 1 we were the opposite of your opinion and I'm not just talking about results, but performances also. I am a glass half empty supporter, but we were indeed a class above. But don't take my word for it, ask some of the clubs and their supporters how we performed over the season

As for Done, I don't think you should see him as a winger. His success came when he played more in the middle in an attacking role

gwru
12-05-2017, 07:17 PM
ha lmao XD

After 5 years of watching absolute dross, I can assure you that for league 1 we were the opposite of your opinion and I'm not just talking about results, but performances also. I am a glass half empty supporter, but we were indeed a class above. But don't take my word for it, ask some of the clubs and their supporters how we performed over the season

As for Done, I don't think you should see him as a winger. His success came when he played more in the middle in an attacking role

Only seen Sheff U on sky a few times & a few other league 1 games. Standard looks low. Done let's wait. Ideally I'd sell D Ward for the asking price. Get back what we paid out on Taylor. Use the extra money to up the quality of signings.

millertop
12-05-2017, 07:34 PM
ha lmao XD

Without being sarcastic do you think he's good? Not played much for your this season has he?

millertop
12-05-2017, 07:35 PM

That would be no then.

Because Frog said so on the other thread

millertop
12-05-2017, 07:36 PM

That would be no then.

Because Frog said so, post 13 ;)

blades58
12-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Without being sarcastic do you think he's good? Not played much for your this season has he?

When he signed he was played in an attacking role more down the middle and he weighed in with a few goals. Not sure why but in order to accommodate a starting place he ended up playing out wide. He used to be a full back

On his day he can be very good, but needs to play in his strongest position, or can have a tendency to go missing a bit

lbj
12-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Mellow....

"What's that got to do with Matt Done?"

I happen to know he firkin hates GREEN!

AND we after attracting players perhaps?

Ericsladkilnhurst
13-05-2017, 07:44 AM
On OfficialRUFC it says Warney wants possibly a CB, has he now changed his mind to 2 now he's seen my post on another thread? ;D XD

whos the player Warney will be watching in Dublin?

Warne is probably watching Dion Dublin on BBC about buying houses. :P

millertop
13-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Aaron Burns - Lingfield ?

Ericsladkilnhurst
13-05-2017, 08:12 AM

Looked him up Millertop, he certainly knows where the net is, contracted until 2018, would be a decent signing having played in Europe for Lingfield, scored 45 goals during last 2 seasons for the club.
Might have competition for his services, better if the club had gone in with a offer before announcing interest.

mellowmiller
13-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Has the club announced an interest in him?

millertop
13-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Don't think club have mentioned it, I saw it from some Irish media twitter account, we might not even be interested but he does sound like a descent player

millers88
13-05-2017, 07:10 PM

Hope he hasn't gone to Dublin then if he wants to see Aaron Burns as Linfield is in Belfast :D

Do like his stats however might be worth a shout.

Casper64Frank
13-05-2017, 08:22 PM
If it`s a striker he is after then he ought to look at Sean Maguire, that`s if Sean is still playing for Cork City. Not quite sure which club he`s playing for atm.

EDIT : Just had a look...Preston were after him.

sawmiller
13-05-2017, 09:04 PM
If it`s a striker he is after then he ought to look at Sean Maguire, that`s if Sean is still playing for Cork City. Not quite sure which club he`s playing for atm.

EDIT : Just had a look...Preston were after him.

Strike that one out then. Anyway, we have Dex so no problem, we're sorted...

millertop
15-05-2017, 10:14 AM
I bet Warney was at Wembley watching Forest green rovers v Tranmere.

Which player? ��
Christian Diodge? 4472

millers88
15-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Christian Doidge is their top scorer with 27 goal, 24 years old and 6ft2 tall.

Hopefully he wasn't watching Stephen McNulty he weighs about 20 stone and makes Danny Collins look fast.