PDA

View Full Version : 500 transfer rumours that might need a taxi ordering...

Pages : [1] 2

The Bedlington Terrier
14-05-2017, 06:34 AM
In TEC's continued absence, I thought it might be worth starting a thread where everyone chips in on what they hear, read and pick up on the rumour mill regarding ins and outs at Turf Moor..?

At the 500 mark I suggest we stop and see who has actually left the club and who has arrived.

Sources would be handy and not guaranteed to be laughed at. :D

[B]E.g. my best mate's uncle is a doorman at the KSC110 Club and he has heard Kevin McDonald was in having a pint discussing his move back here (or not!)

Here's the taxi we will be using, please feel free to start the rumour mongering..?

Altobelli
14-05-2017, 10:48 AM
You can get more on one of these and they are a lot cheaper.....

http://i65.tinypic.com/a26o01.jpg

The Bedlington Terrier
14-05-2017, 07:52 PM
OK! Time to get serious.

Just seen Gary Neville's sister (the England netball international) at the Crofters in Bolton and she says Gary said it's nailed on Keane is going back to Old Trafford.

I asked her what her brother Phil thinks and she said Phil doesn't think a lot! :D

bfcjon
14-05-2017, 10:00 PM
You can get more on one of these and they are a lot cheaper.....

http://i65.tinypic.com/a26o01.jpg

Lol,...Blackburns away travel for next season?:D

oldcolner
14-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Burnley manager Sean Dyche has warned the club's supporters not to expect them to spend big in the summer.
B)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4505352/Burnley-manager-Sean-Dyche-warns-fans-won-t-spend-big.html#ixzz4h5tUxZnj

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Sounds sensible logic to me!

blueheeler1
15-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Burnley manager Sean Dyche has warned the club's supporters not to expect them to spend big in the summer.
B)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4505352/Burnley-manager-Sean-Dyche-warns-fans-won-t-spend-big.html#ixzz4h5tUxZnj

I don't know how a manager can make that comment at this time.

Does he mean that there will be no new money available or that any transfer spend will come from transfers out?

Or does that mean that if we have funds from transfers out only some of it will be spent--or none of it?

What happens if we lose 3 or 4 players --will they be replaced at all--or will they be replaced on the cheap?

I cant see Keane; D4 or Gray staying. Joey already gone and our squad is thin enough already.

With little new blood promised we will be in the same position or even lower next year.

Great reason for optimism.

nutsinmay
15-05-2017, 09:57 AM
I have to be very honest and say that the spending (or lack of it) doesn't worry me, because Mr Dyche won't buy 'fancy' players who cost a lot. So we may as well buy Championship players who are limited, but dependable.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2017, 10:30 AM
There is nothing wrong in attracting players on a free transfer who really want to make it in the EPL. Scotty Arfield has never done us any harm apart from missing a sitter on Saturday!

Wonder what Acido thinks about this one..?

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/tykes-midfielder-on-burnley-radar-1851173.html

Primitive
15-05-2017, 11:41 AM

Does he mean that there will be no new money available or that any transfer spend will come from transfers out?

Or does that mean that if we have funds from transfers out only some of it will be spent--or none of it?

What happens if we lose 3 or 4 players --will they be replaced at all--or will they be replaced on the cheap?

I cant see Keane; D4 or Gray staying. Joey already gone and our squad is thin enough already.

With little new blood promised we will be in the same position or even lower next year.

Great reason for optimism.

If you actually read the quotes in the article and ignore all the typical sensationalism, he doesn't make that comment at all. What he actually said was that the club will continue to spend within its means because we don't have wealthy benefactors who can spend hundreds of millions of their own money, which isn't something we don't already know.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Lol,...Blackburns away travel for next season?:D

I can easily remember when the Bar Stewards were going to send one of these trikes for Ronaldinho, Beckham and Ronaldo!

sinkov
15-05-2017, 01:38 PM
If you actually read the quotes in the article and ignore all the typical sensationalism, he doesn't make that comment at all. What he actually said was that the club will continue to spend within its means because we don't have wealthy benefactors who can spend hundreds of millions of their own money, which isn't something we don't already know.

And all perfectly sound and sensible as well. Thank god for Sean Dyche......and god help us when he goes.

ClaretinBudapest
15-05-2017, 02:15 PM
I hope we wont be relying on the person who chose Brady or Hendrick when we recruit this Summer.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Brady's free kick against Chelsea and Hendrick's volley against Bournemouth fill me with genuine optimism for next season.

Hendrick generally has been impressive all season and Brady will settle following a full pre-season with us.

Primitive
15-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I don't see the problem with Hendrick at all. Brady has disappointed, but I'm sure there's much more to come from him.

alfinyalcabo
15-05-2017, 05:06 PM
I don't have one ounce of optimism in me.. Always think the worst will happen re-Burnley ..Great to be being pleasantly surprised again and hopefully again next season..

Norder
15-05-2017, 07:09 PM

....I also think it a little odd BH - mainly because the comment tells us nothing we don't already know..."spend wisely but as are no Super wealthy Superteam we don't have their level of dosh to spend...but - are willing to push the boat out just not to a silly sinking point ".....all obvious, so why does Mr Cunningham of the Daily Mail market Dyche's words as a "Warning" that we aren't going to spend big - when S.D's idea of not that big is seemingly - top 6 big etc

So - to my reading - we are going to spend big - Burnley Big.

;D

Norder
15-05-2017, 07:19 PM

and what will Burnley Big be....we'll have to wait and see :D

onechop82
15-05-2017, 09:10 PM
TBH that article is trash! We all know burnley dont spend 20,30,40 million!!!! But we have broken our transfer records a few times these past months. I have confidence dyche will bring in the right players for the right price. In dyche we trust.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2017, 09:18 PM
The ones we are rumoured to be lining up fill me with optimism and the bank account will not suffer too bad...

HAPPY! :D

oldcolner
17-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Inquired about Marley Watkins - free from Barnsley but Norwich in pole.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Delia Smith's dinners or Hollands Meat Pies? A no-brainer! Send the ...

The Bedlington Terrier
19-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Anybody think the Saints Long might be heading north? Heard a rumour coming out of a good Saints source. :O

oldcolner
23-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Sam leaving Palace?

Defoe going to Bournemouth.

Mowbray staying at Rovers after and Indian trip. Must have been a good curry!

The Bedlington Terrier
23-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Sam leaving Palace?

Defoe going to Bournemouth.

Mowbray staying at Rovers after and Indian trip. Must have been a good curry!

Not rumours these oldcolner.
Sam retired and gone to the bar.
Defoe gone to the beach at Bournemouth.
Mowbray happy to stay at Blackburn until about late September. :D

thedonz
28-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Weren't we rumoured to be interested in signing Charlie Adam last season?

There is a 12 month extension option on his Stoke contract to 2018 but haven't seen anywhere that this has been taken up by Stoke. Negotiations stalling?

Can I start a early rumour Adam is coming to the Turf?

Altobelli
28-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Oh I do hope not donz, we have the money, its time to get better, younger, hungry players into the fold, not your has been's just going through the motions.

oldcolner
28-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Could it be the 21 year old Sean Long from Reading who has been at Lincoln on loan ? O:)

thedonz
28-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Hearing the prices being put on players even with an increased transfer budget I can only imagine us going again for players similar to Brady and Hendrick.

I would Kevin Keegan it if we were to find a proven top class player on a free and pay him 70,000 a week.

I still think you can get a lot out if some players past their peak but with still the hunger to succeed.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Word coming out of Scouseland...

Dyche is looking to buy Everton outcast Oumar Niasse, for just short of £8 million.

The lad looked lively at Hull.

thedonz
28-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Why would Crystal Palace be after Niasse?😂

CaspertheClaret
28-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Ooh Donz ya little minx! ;D

CaspertheClaret
28-05-2017, 04:27 PM
I want us to sign players like we did we we got Keane, Mee, Tarkovski, Heaton and Gray. - Players that have potential that will at least net us a healthysell on!

Not interested in fancy names on massive salaries - we haven't come this far to so successfully to start effing about with a winning system. We might be able to spend a bit more on prospects now and take a few more risks but I don't want us to change the formula.

oldcolner
29-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Sean Dyche will be looking to sign some talented players in the summer transfer window and the latest name on their wishlist is Barry Bannan, according to the Daily Mirror reporting via the Sky Sports News Live Transfer Blog [Monday 29th May, 08:12 GMT].
Barry Bannan has been one of Sheffield Wednesday’s top performers over the past two seasons and he could be tempted by a Premier League switch.

The 27-year-old joined Sheffield Wednesday in 2015 after spells with Aston Villa and Crystal Palace.

The Scotland international is a left-footed central midfielder who is renowned for his passing ability.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/burnley-set-to-pursue-summer-transfer-move-for-championship-ace/

The Bedlington Terrier
29-05-2017, 05:30 PM
sean dyche will be looking to sign some talented players in the summer transfer window and the latest name on their wishlist is barry bannan, according to the daily mirror reporting via the sky sports news live transfer blog [monday 29th may, 08:12 gmt].
Barry bannan has been one of sheffield wednesday’s top performers over the past two seasons and he could be tempted by a premier league switch.

The 27-year-old joined sheffield wednesday in 2015 after spells with aston villa and crystal palace.

The scotland international is a left-footed central midfielder who is renowned for his passing ability.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/burnley-set-to-pursue-summer-transfer-move-for-championship-ace/

please, no!

The Bedlington Terrier
30-05-2017, 04:14 AM
Old Boy's Network suggesting happy returns for Jay Rod and Ingsy.

That would work! :D

oldcolner
30-05-2017, 07:03 AM
That would be tasty.

CaspertheClaret
30-05-2017, 07:09 AM
I suppose that given the back up of Barnes, Vokes and Agyei, then the risk might be worth taking as long as the prices reflected the gamble.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Both players know they would be looked after properly. Ingsy's charity work earned him a lot of respect around here and of course it's home for Jay Rod.

I would love to know what SD's take on this rumour is?

CaspertheClaret
30-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Both are quality players regardless of the fact of their past careers with us. They both of course have chequered injury history and we are not in the position that we can risk vast swathes of dosh on players that might not feature just for the sake of a nostalgia trip.

SD is pretty calculated and hard nosed enough not to be swayed yay or nay by that and will surely look at the reality of their medical histories and prognoses and balance that against value.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Jay Rod is 27, Ingsy is 24 and their best years are still in front of them. Not really a "nostalgia trip" Casper, players like Dobson, Blake, Akinbiyi and a lot of others have all "come home" and done great.

Anyway the speculation remains very much unconfirmed but I take your point on their transfer values.

Be nice to have them back though? :D

oldcolner
30-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Mahrez wants to leave Leicester- probably out of our salary range but interesting.

oldcolner
30-05-2017, 11:32 PM
West Brom will step up attempts to sign Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor, 23.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-05-2017, 05:21 AM
West Brom will step up attempts to sign Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor, 23.

I thought we would be having a right good go at signing Taylor.

CaspertheClaret
31-05-2017, 08:19 AM
I was also hoping that Taylor would be one of the first in.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Methinks BFC need to put thee and me on the Recruitment Team Casper!

oldcolner
31-05-2017, 10:54 AM
BT Sounded like the sort of deal and Player we like!

Another one - never heard of him!
Derby County are reported to be interested in Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom. The Rams are tracking the 25-year-old Ghana international along with Premier League pair Swansea City and Burnley, according to HITC Sport.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-swansea-and-burnley-linked-with-barnsley-defender/story-30363896-detail/story.html#2F1JqbzALP5EyiLG.99

sinkov
31-05-2017, 03:15 PM
I thought we would be having a right good go at signing Taylor.

No problem if we sign Taylor but he's not a priority for me. I'm quite happy with Ward, there are other positions I'd strengthen before left-back. Although with the Scouser gone we do need some cover.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Stephen Ward has been absolutely terrific for us but healthy completion for the shirt always helps!

oldcolner
01-06-2017, 08:03 AM
This is perhaps the type of deals we should be making. Helping nurture talent for the big boys

Manchester City are ready to sell Turkish striker Enes Unal, 20, to Villarreal for £12m, but will insist on a buy-back clause. (Guardian)

oldcolner
01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
The Toffees are expecting offers from Chelsea and Manchester United for striker Romelu Lukaku, 24, and believe their £100m valuation will not dissuade them.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Can see us pipping them both to the post on this one! ;D

oldcolner
01-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Jonny Howson open to offers
we're said to be interested.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-city-to-listen-to-offers-for-influential-midfielder/

sinkov
01-06-2017, 02:08 PM
We've got to be interested in Howson, with our limited budget at this this level we're fishing in a very small pool, Howson's in that pool.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Be mates with Brady too?

nutsinmay
01-06-2017, 06:39 PM
The problem with Howson is his age - not now, but in terms of any resale value.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Defour recently said," “I have always said that I only want to play for KV Mechelen in Belgium but only to end my career. And I’m still not there yet. I’m still motivated to play at the highest level. At Burnley, I had some good times. Unfortunately, it didn’t last.”

TAXI...

oldcolner
02-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Liam Moore from Reading to replace Keane?

The Bedlington Terrier
02-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Just don't let him anywhere near a penalty!

Dave_from_Burnley
03-06-2017, 02:56 PM
We just earned 101m from last season from the Premier league, we need to spend half at least to survive

exilecanada
03-06-2017, 03:26 PM
I would imagine any thoughts about recruitment or departures will be on hold until the Dyche situation is sorted one way or t’uther.

nutsinmay
03-06-2017, 04:15 PM
I would imagine any thoughts about recruitment or departures will be on hold until the Dyche situation is sorted one way or t’uther.

Yes, and Dyche strikes me as a procrastinator, so I hope if he goes he makes his mind up pdq or he'll leave his successor in the doo-doo.

oldcolner
04-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Glenn Whelan from Stoke?
Villa negotiations underway
Are we trying to buy the Irish team? Or being mentioned to get Villa to pay more.
At 33 doesn't fit our mould
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/transfer-gossip-burnley-and-aston-villa-to-test-stoke-s-resolve-over-glenn-whelan/story-30370560-detail/story.html

The Bedlington Terrier
04-06-2017, 02:01 PM
I was devastated when Whelan chose Stoke City over us way back when. What a steal at £500,000 he would have been.

Not now though, let Villa have him!

oldcolner
04-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Brighton boss Chris Hughton is ready to make a £2m move for 28-year-old Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald!!

So he might be back at the Turf again,

The Bedlington Terrier
04-06-2017, 06:59 PM
The KSC110 Club is getting the glasses washed!

oldcolner
04-06-2017, 07:01 PM
The KSC110 Club is getting the glasses washed!

Is that for half time?

The Bedlington Terrier
04-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Correct!

Dave_from_Burnley
04-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Having read who some of are targets are I might get up Holt House and scout a bit looks like we need all the help we can get

The Bedlington Terrier
04-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Liam Moore from Reading would be a good shout to replace Keane and he is of interest, according to various media reports.

Long is now in the Eire squad which will boost his confidence.

We should be OK at centre back but we need another left back in case Wardy is out for any length of time.

oldcolner
04-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Fabian delph

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/06/burnley-join-race-manchester-city-man-ideal-addition-side/

sinkov
05-06-2017, 07:02 AM
I would think any player at City will laugh at the wages we offer him. Delph seems even more injury prone than Dean Marney, I can't see this one happening.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-06-2017, 08:12 AM
My exact thoughts sinkov. Delph produces more sick notes than my ex-missus and demands even more money! :?

The Bedlington Terrier
05-06-2017, 02:00 PM
This one is running a lot and makes sense if Boyd and Arfield are leaving...

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/van-la-parra-interesting-burnley-1853338.html

Altobelli
05-06-2017, 05:21 PM
This one is running a lot and makes sense if Boyd and Arfield are leaving...

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/van-la-parra-interesting-burnley-1853338.html

Although I think we need someone better than Boyd, he has given his best for BFC, they say the world is covered 70% by water and Boyd covers the other 30%, to offer him only a one year contract is a disgrace with all the brass we have in the storage locker, but after saying that perhaps we are going BIG for the coming season, but I find that hard to believe and wont until that Miracle happens.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Agreeing with you for once Alto! Boydy has done the biz and deserves another two years with us.

Dave_from_Burnley
12-06-2017, 10:16 AM
This thread worringly quiet

So in summary we are in for Barnsley rejects aging Norwich has beens our best player wants to leave for China and Dyche could be off

Missed anything out? At least Gray stays off Twitter now

oldcolner
12-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Michael Dawson from Hull?

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/live-hull-city-news-as-michael-dawson-linked-to-burnley-and-andy-robertson-hopeful-with-scotland/story-30384653-detail/story.html

Dave_from_Burnley
12-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Lol so we can't afford Harry Maguire then

The Bedlington Terrier
12-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Maguire is destined for better things than little old Burnley!

Dave_from_Burnley
12-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Yeah but we sell our best player for 25m and we get in a 54 yr old for 2m, what sort of joke is this?

oldcolner
12-06-2017, 07:25 PM
How about Omar Niasse from Everton
Could this link with Keane going the other way?
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/12/odds-update-bookies-make-burnley-favourites-to-sign-evertons-oum/

The Bedlington Terrier
12-06-2017, 07:40 PM
That's a bit unfair Dave, we will nett £30 million after the sell on and Dawson is only 48!

prestoncha
12-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Some rumours amongst our fans, and one of your fans posting on our forum, that we (PNE) are interested in Kevin Long.

Anyone else heard anything on this and do you expect him to leave this summer?

thedonz
12-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Local press reporting today that Long looking forward to kicking on from last season with Burnley so if anything happening , Long doesn't know about it.

Maybe the Bedlington Terrier has heard something

prestoncha
12-06-2017, 11:21 PM
Local press reporting today that Long looking forward to kicking on from last season with Burnley so if anything happening , Long doesn't know about it.

Maybe the Bedlington Terrier has heard something

Someone called 'Burnley1882' posted this: http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103004-Centre-back&p=2430655&viewfull=1#post2430655

I thought this might be a thread about the rumour I was about to share with you, but his name hasn't even been mentioned so evidently not!

I have heard on the grapevine you want to sign Kevin Long from us.

He's actually been at Burnley for ages (Owen Coyle signed him), but has barely had a kick in that time but has had several very successful loan spells and got a couple of games at the end of last season due to injuries to Keane and Mee. He's recently broken into the full ROI team (started yesterday), but is not thought to have much of a future here.

Not sure if loan or permanent, but the guy who told me yesterday is someone who has been a decent source of info over the years, albeit with a few that didn't pan out.

oldcolner
13-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Garlick says we need to be patient, so looks like it will be quiet on here for a while

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15343191.Patience_crucial_for_Clarets_in_transfer_ window_says_Turf_chief/?ref=mac

The Bedlington Terrier
13-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Some rumours amongst our fans, and one of your fans posting on our forum, that we (PNE) are interested in Kevin Long.

Not a hope of Big Kev leaving the Clarets for the Nobenders! No chance! Dream on?

oldcolner
13-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Swansea and BFC linked to Andy Yiadom from Barnsley for £1.5M?

http://ghanasoccernet.com/swansea-and-burnley-locked-in-1-5m-summer-scrap-for-ghanas-andy-yiadom

ThameClaret
13-06-2017, 12:12 PM
I believe Keano will stay this season and develop himself into the best and most sought after centre half in the Premiership. He and his agent will have worked out that staying with Burnley for this year will provide him with a huge financial windfall come Jan or next Summer.
A huge signing on bonus for one of the top clubs will easily recover and exceed any salary earnings in his final year. Not only that, he wants to play football for his England place security.
As for Boyd, a real dilemma. We really need someone with more pace and creativity this year and whilst there is no doubt of his effort and commitment, SD recognises that. If I was Boyd, I'd sign and trust in his own ability. If he thinks he's not up to the challenge, he will have many teams prepared to offer a two year deal, albeit, not in the big boys league.
If he leaves, he goes with my thanks and best wishes for being part of an outstanding group of players that brought great times back to the Turf.

oldcolner
13-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Stories claiming Burnley have offered a club record £15m for Hull City left back are wide of the mark. While the club have retained their interest in the Scotland international full back, speculation suggesting an offer has been made is jumping the gun. Burnley have not returned with a fresh bid for the 23-year-old since having a £10m offer accepted by the Tigers in January, only for then Hull boss Marco Silva to block the switch.
http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/robertson-speculation-wide-of-the-mark-1-8593929

sinkov
13-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Mr G has brought some reality to this thread, all these rumours are bollox, we don't even start to think about signing players until July, and then eventually get round to signing some in August, often the back end of August. There's Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, the Tour de France and the British Open to enjoy before we start worrying about which players we're going to sign. We're a million miles away from signing anyone, as Mr G points out.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-06-2017, 06:32 AM
I heard a little whisper last night that the Robertson one has serious legs in it. Hull will sell! We will buy! I would love us to get this one done!

I'm thinking of ordering...
and taking the bag personally...

oldcolner
15-06-2017, 05:14 PM
TBH that article is trash! We all know burnley dont spend 20,30,40 million!!!! But we have broken our transfer records a few times these past months. I have confidence dyche will bring in the right players for the right price. In dyche we trust.

More our style
Boyd could be dropping down but Motherwell's Ben Heneghan may well step up? The Sun reports Burnley are readying a bid of around £300,000 for the Manchester-born ex-Everton and Stoke youth defender.

Altobelli
15-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Acido will not be pleased with the sound of this as Kevin Long had a loan spell with Barnsley and Acido was very impressed.

oldcolner
15-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Burnley's new Head of European Recruitment Ian Butterworth has confirmed he has been asked to look abroad for transfers this summer.
Sounds like a good job!

oldcolner
15-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Celtic defender Jozo Simunovic is attracting attention from Premier League sides Newcastle United, Huddersfield Town and Burnley.
The 22-year-old has been impressive at Celtic and has developed further under Brendan Rodgers since seeing a move to Torino fall through last summer.
£8M rated

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4608548/Newcastle-Huddersfield-keen-8m-Simunovic.html#ixzz4k6FtwSKV

alfinyalcabo
15-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Someone called 'Burnley1882' posted this: http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103004-Centre-back&p=2430655&viewfull=1#post2430655

Hey up mate ,how's it hanging ?

sinkov
15-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Burnley's new Head of European Recruitment Ian Butterworth has confirmed he has been asked to look abroad for transfers this summer.
Sounds like a good job!

Sometimes I wonder just wtf is going on OC, where on earth else would our Head of European Recruitment be looking but abroad ?

Altobelli
15-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Sounds like a good job!

Sometimes I wonder just wtf is going on OC, where on earth else would our Head of European Recruitment be looking but abroad ?

http://i64.tinypic.com/ezefk0.jpg

oldcolner
16-06-2017, 05:54 AM
Like it!
Does this job include the U.K. As being In Europe ?

Danny ings interesting Newcastle by the way. Would be worth inquiring as he wants game time.

sinkov
16-06-2017, 06:18 AM
I'd be a bit suspicious of Danny, that 14/15 season when he was supposed to help keep us up, he started 35 games and scored 11 goals, Sam got 21 starts this season and scored 10. That last season with us Danny seemed to lose all confidence in front of goal, and with his injuries since I'm not convinced he'll have got it back.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-06-2017, 06:21 AM
I'd take the chance sinkov!

oldcolner
16-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Also mention of Jay coming back, probably just speculation than inside info.
Nixon has said we are negotiating with Hull for Robertson,
Also,Jota still getting mentioned too.

sinkov
16-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I'd take the chance sinkov!

To honest BT, for all my reservations, so would I.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-06-2017, 08:09 PM
To honest BT, for all my reservations, so would I.

Sadly, the word in my lughole is that he is off up to the Magpies on a season long loan...

alfinyalcabo
16-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee..

The Bedlington Terrier
16-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee..

Yippee!

suttonclaret
17-06-2017, 05:10 PM
I am sure one day .you will be right

alfinyalcabo
17-06-2017, 06:57 PM
I am sure one day .you will be right

I will never be right (in the heed ) :O

suttonclaret
17-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Not aimed at you alf 😚

suttonclaret
17-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Anyway have great summer clarets .I'm going to alaska for 3 month .miles out in the sea and nowt to see .utc

Altobelli
17-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Anyway have great summer clarets .I'm going to alaska for 3 month .miles out in the sea and nowt to see .utc

Try and enjoy yourself Sutton, I hope the time flies for you fella.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-06-2017, 05:01 AM
In the meantime I will have got at least one right! Here's one for starters - Charlie Taylor from Dirty Weeds on a free.

Enjoy Alaska! :D

sinkov
18-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Also mention of Jay coming back, probably just speculation than inside info.

From what I've heard, barring any last minute problems, Jay is signing for WBA.

thedonz
18-06-2017, 08:04 AM
That may be good news all round. Jay needs a move from Southampton and a chance to have an injury free season with another club.

Until his injury doubts have cleared it would be a risk taking him on with the wages.

Jay can come 'home' later on towards the end of his career.

barrie_burn
18-06-2017, 03:56 PM
I went to Alaska last year Sutton.It is an unbelievable place and even if you are out at sea there will still be plenty to see.

oldcolner
18-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Fulham have slapped a £7m price-tag on Nottingham Forest target Kevin McDonald, according to the Nottingham Post.

oldcolner
19-06-2017, 03:56 PM
James mcArthy £20M but could be in swap with Keane goals no other way

Jay Rod - Southampton want £15M WBA and Newcastle and us linked

Seems We're also favourites for signing Taylor and Jota

james78
19-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Weren't we rumoured to be interested in signing Charlie Adam last season?

There is a 12 month extension option on his Stoke contract to 2018 but haven't seen anywhere that this has been taken up by Stoke. Negotiations stalling?

My friend for all his sins is a stoke fan and he and his chus seem to think the same as your quote , could be heading ta turf

The Bedlington Terrier
20-06-2017, 06:00 AM
Jonathan Walters the 33 year old Stoke striker looks a solid bet as we start to integrate the Clarets first team into an all Irish international team!

oldcolner
20-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Marc Roberts Barnsley - £5m second bid after Harry gazumped us

http://the72.co.uk/84221/burnley-forced-making-bigger-bid-barnsley-defender/

The Bedlington Terrier
20-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Another Eire international on the brink of arriving...

CaspertheClaret
20-06-2017, 08:29 AM
McCarthy, Taylor, J Rod and Robertson - happy with that!

Keane, Gray, Arfield & Boyd out

- happy with that for a starter.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Ojo from Liverpool on a season long loan looks likely...

nutsinmay
22-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Ojo from Liverpool on a season long loan looks likely...

He looks like the kind of player we could do with - fast and direct. He looked good when he came on as a sub in the recent U21 game.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Looks like Keane might be staying with us after all...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-keane-left-im-limbo-10654145

sinkov
22-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Nothing new there really, United have signed someone else, Koeman would like to sign Keane, I heard him say so myself, and Sean Dyche is still Burnley manager. And I don't see nothing much changing anytime soon.

And there's no point getting excited about Jayrod returning, trust me on this, he's going to West Brom.

Primitive
22-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Looks like Keane might be staying with us after all...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-keane-left-im-limbo-10654145

How do you decide which speculative newspaper articles to believe?

The Bedlington Terrier
22-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Dead easy Primitive, I choose the ones I want to come true...:D

oldcolner
22-06-2017, 11:11 PM
JoeBryan from Bristol City for £3M
How many left backs do we need?
Ward must feel threatened somewhat

Robertson prefers Liverpool to Us, though do Liverpool want him.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/624390/Transfer-News-Bristol-City-Burnley-Liverpool-Hull-Sean-Dyche-Joe-Bryan-Andy-Robertson

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2017, 07:57 AM
JoeBryan from Bristol City for £3M
How many left backs do we need?
Ward must feel threatened somewhat

Robertson prefers Liverpool to Us, though do Liverpool want him.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/624390/Transfer-News-Bristol-City-Burnley-Liverpool-Hull-Sean-Dyche-Joe-Bryan-Andy-Robertson

Gray off to Goodison, Niasse on his way to us in P/X plus £7 million according to my Evertonian mate in the know Billy!

CaspertheClaret
23-06-2017, 08:08 AM
What us Niasse like as a player?

I am happy to lose Gray as just personally don't think he quite fits. Just my opinion BUT he is a very good player and I would be happy to lose him only if we are receiving an equally good player who does fit not just a makeweight as part of a deal. Otherwise would prefer cold hard cash to enable us to purchase the right man.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Niasse was frozen out by Koeman but looked the real deal whilst on loan at Hull.

SD will have done his homework and I would like Clucas from Hull as well!

sinkov
23-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Niasse was frozen out by Koeman but looked the real deal whilst on loan at Hull.

SD will have done his homework and I would like Clucas from Hull as well!

No guarantees even with our top manager, he apparently did his homework on Defour, who turned out to be little more than an expensive ornament.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Even Sir Alex dropped his fair share of clangers in the transfer market but I would love to know why Dyche and Defour are not soulmates?

oldcolner
23-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Nahki Wells £8m says mirror
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-boss-sean-dyche-plotting-10678511

The Bedlington Terrier
24-06-2017, 05:11 AM
Taxi booked for Boydy...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15368716.George_Boyd_set_for_Burnley_exit_as_top_f light_clubs_eye_winger/?ref=mac

oldcolner
25-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Silva strikes ?

Watford are ready to hijack Burnley's deal for Hull City left-back Andrew Robertson, according to The Sun.

The Clarets are keen to bring the Scottish international to Turf Moor but continue to haggle over the fee, with Hull thought to want around £8 million.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/transfer-talk-watford-set-to-battle-with-burnley-for-scottish-international-andrew-robertson/story-30408425-detail/story.html#IzfxuOXYKDIoDq9x.99

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Seems odd to me that we would agree to pay Hull £10 million in January but not £8 million in June. Perhaps it's because we have already agreed a deal with LUFC and Charlie Taylor?

Supersub6
26-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Seems odd to me that we would agree to pay Hull £10 million in January but not £8 million in June. Perhaps it's because we have already agreed a deal with LUFC and Charlie Taylor?

Not really. We are working on the premise that Jeremy will become PM in the next few months and we can then get them for free.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 09:06 AM
If that's the case we are totally doomed at Turf Moor because Corbyn supports Arsenal!

Supersub6
26-06-2017, 09:36 AM
If that's the case we are totally doomed at Turf Moor because Corbyn supports Arsenal!
They are rich though so he will be able to milk them for money to pay for those less fortunate.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Just what I was thinking Supersub6. :D

Primitive
26-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Here's one of those speculative articles that says Defour might not be leaving Burnley this summer.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/defour-set-to-stay-put-at-turf-1-8615780

In other news, Boden says we've agreed terms with Charlie Taylor and he should sign when his contract expires at the end of the month. Get that taxi from Leeds sorted, BT.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Taxi was already ordered Primitive. We arranged to have him picked up from his address in Wetherby at 9.00am sharp on 01.07.2017.

To save unnecessary expense Keane and Gray are jumping in the back of the same taxi at 10.15am sharp to go to Liverpool for medicals.

What will we do with the £35 million I wonder?

sinkov
26-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Aye, and David Cameron is an Aston Villa supporter, or was it West Ham ? Surely with Jeremy's pacifist history Arsenal would be the last team he'd support, more likely he'd want them banned, or a change of name and badge at the very least. And when he becomes PM, he can make it happen.

Supersub6
26-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Aye, and David Cameron is an Aston Villa supporter, or was it West Ham ? Surely with Jeremy's pacifist history Arsenal would be the last team he'd support, more likely he'd want them banned, or a change of name and badge at the very least. And when he becomes PM, he can make it happen.

You could well be correct sinkov, however, there will still be plenty within the Labour Party who will be waiting in the wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzTeLePbB08

barrie_burn
26-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Taxi was already ordered Primitive. We arranged to have him picked up from his address in Wetherby at 9.00am sharp on 01.07.2017.

To save unnecessary expense Keane and Gray are jumping in the back of the same taxi at 10.15am sharp to go to Liverpool for medicals.

What will we do with the £35 million I wonder?

Build an extension on the Dry Powder Storage Facility

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Eddie Levert. Now that dude could sing a song! Money, money, money, money! Money!

Dave_from_Burnley
26-06-2017, 07:53 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-eye-britt-assombalonga-transfer-10691735

who?

sinkov
27-06-2017, 05:03 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-eye-britt-assombalonga-transfer-10691735

who?

This one looks like a runner to me, youngish, plenty of potential, will nowhere near break the bank, playing in the Championship so won't be wanting silly money, and Dyche knows him well. All the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place, I can see this one happening.

Dave_from_Burnley
27-06-2017, 06:03 AM
and more and more noise about Gray leaving

lets give Vokes a full season up top

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2017, 06:48 AM
No idea where he got the information from but a lad who works for us in Nottingham, said Assombalonga would be at the Turf come July and that was last December!

Very highly rated he is too, (that's Assombalonga, not the lad in the Notts office, although in fairness he's not half bad at his job!) :D

sinkov
27-06-2017, 07:05 AM
In one respect I hope we don't sign him, I can't cope with these long names. We already have one player I only call Iceland, what would I call this guy ?

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Britt? :p

oldcolner
27-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Jon Walters Stoke leading scorer - £3m bid lodged
https://www.whoscored.com/News/1AbPbtkxYUa7ixm9CeR-rg/Show/Burnley-lodge-3m-move-for-Stoke-forward

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Look at link #121 and then listen to the sounds of, "I told you so!"

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 07:59 AM
Seems we didn't even bid £1m and have upset Stoke. Deja vu!

We could get Glenn Whelan for that though!

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Looking like Charlie Taylor will go to a Tribunal
It is believed that Burnley will offer £4 million compensation to Leeds for Taylor’s services. However, Leeds want £7 million and so a tribunal may be needed.

Half way is £5.5M

sinkov
28-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I like the idea of a Tribunal, whatever they decide we can pay it and not bat an eyelid, while it makes Leeds wait for their money, hopefully as long as we waited for the Ings money.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 11:37 AM
A rumour is surfacing that we might offer them a couple of million quid plus Darikwa...

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 10:34 PM
West Ham want rid of Snodgrass who scored no goals in 15 games. We were in for him - they outbid us, should we go back for him?

Altobelli
28-06-2017, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't Colner, he turned us down once so his heart will not be on playing or Burnley, just the money, which I know a lot of players think money first, but he's made his bed let him lie in it.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Hull's Clucas is emerging as a front runner to replace Boyd.

You heard it here first!

sinkov
29-06-2017, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't Colner, he turned us down once so his heart will not be on playing or Burnley, just the money, which I know a lot of players think money first, but he's made his bed let him lie in it.

Yep, 100% agreement from me. He had his chance, feck him. We don't even need his free-kicks now either, Brady's just as good, possibly better.

Primitive
29-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Snodgrass would be an excellent replacement for Boyd and a big upgrade.

Hull's Clucas is emerging as a front runner to replace Boyd.

You heard it here first!

I read it on one of those rumours sites about a week ago :P Seems like Newcastle are favourites though.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Snodgrass for Gray and a couple of million in our favour is being muted...

oldcolner
29-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Will he get his £100k I wonder?

oldcolner
29-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Snodgrass valued at £6.8M with Andre £8.5M so a couple of million seems a bit light, given Transfermarkt values are about half what folk go for. (Michael Keane is there at £15.8M ) and he has been a disappointment at West Ham

oldcolner
29-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Craig Dawson has 1 year left and a few say we are fishing for him

The Bedlington Terrier
30-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Craig Dawson has 1 year left and a few say we are fishing for him

The Baggies have "previous" with us, I would leave Pulis well alone!

Altobelli
30-06-2017, 10:05 AM
The Baggies have "previous" with us, I would leave Pulis well alone!

What position does Pulis play ?

nutsinmay
30-06-2017, 11:17 AM
What position does Pulis play ?

Stopper :)

oldcolner
30-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Taylor signing up tomorrow
Tribunal needed and £5m mentioned
http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/clarets-secure-taylor-deal-1-8625958

oldcolner
01-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Tom Lees Sheffield Wednesday
Burnley are considered the frontrunners to sign the 26-year-old and are reportedly set to bid £5 million for the former England under-21 international when star defender Michael Keane’s imminent departure is confirmed.

sinkov
02-07-2017, 07:01 PM
And there's no point getting excited about Jayrod returning, trust me on this, he's going to West Brom.

No guesswork, no bull****, just knowing the right people.

oldcolner
02-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Jay signs for the Baggies for £12M

Kyle Lafferty signs for Hearts

Altobelli
02-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Have we got any % of that £12M Colner ?

oldcolner
02-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Don't know alto, though you would expect there to be one to be there just as Brentford have one for Andre.
If so possibly 20% of the extra fee of around £5m would only be £1m.

oldcolner
03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
West Ham United striker Ashley Fletcher has emerged as a target for Watford and Burnley, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Fletcher joined West Ham last summer from Manchester United after running down his contract at Old Trafford.

West Ham landed Fletcher for a minimal £1million compensation fee and they could now be tempted to sell the England Under-20 international to make a huge profit on him.

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
£8m bid for Assombolonga
COst £5.5m from Peterborough and has scored 30 times in 47 Sky Bet Championship starts.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/burnley/transfer-talk/news/burnley-table-gbp8m-offer-for-assombalonga_301850.html

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 02:50 PM
This one will happen but it will cost us £12 million.

Start counting...

Primitive
04-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Is this the zinger you had for us today, BT?

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Yes! ...and the "source" is very reliable.

Primitive
04-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Hope so, think he'd be a good replacement for Gray should he leave, which seems likely.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Hate to say it but Gray is as good as gone!

Just a question of how much???

thedonz
04-07-2017, 04:50 PM
So far , Championship side Middleborough are the only other club reported to be interested. Assombolonga will prefer a chance to play in the Premier League so it would be a surprise if we weren't favourites to sign him.

Opening bid gone in and lessons will have been learned from previous poor negotiations in past seasons. Forest , like West Brom, don't bring good memories of being clubs you would pick to deal with.

If Dyche wants the player, which he does, I expect the transfer to go through.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 05:24 PM
So far , Championship side Middleborough are the only other club reported to be interested. Assombolonga will prefer a chance to play in the Premier League so it would be a surprise if we weren't favourites to sign him.

Opening bid gone in and lessons will have been learned from previous poor negotiations in past seasons. Forest , like West Brom, don't bring good memories of being clubs you would pick to deal with.

If Dyche wants the player, which he does, I expect the transfer to go through.

lol here we go again. Wanting a player on the cheap.
You lot really are tight arses.

For your info, we sold an 18 year old for £13 million last season with a further £5 million of add ons.
He had played for us 25 times, over half as sub.

Assombalonga is under contract for another 4 years.
He's scored 30 in 65 games, despite struggling with injury.
We have new owners who are/have been plowing money in.
We are under no obligation to sell anytime soon.
You want him, then it's going to cost. A LOT!!

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Assombolonga - Bid turned down.

nutsinmay
04-07-2017, 05:34 PM
I think some ought to check the spelling of his name.

Mind you, fat chance if some people insisted on 'Grey' :D

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Assombolonga - Bid turned down.

Going back

Burnley boss Sean Dyche is undeterred by Forest’s stance over Assombalonga and is determined to land the DR Congo striker after handing him his pro debut at Watford in 2012.

nutsinmay
04-07-2017, 06:11 PM
I think whatever is initially offered is always rejected. We'd do the same.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Listen, we paid 5.5 million plus add ons, for a league 1 striker ( 8 million in total).

Your bid was pathetic.

He is a proven striker at this level. You want him, then it's going to be closer to £20 million, due to the length of his contract.
Be realistic

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 06:47 PM
lol here we go again. Wanting a player on the cheap.
You lot really are tight arses.

For your info, we sold an 18 year old for £13 million last season with a further £5 million of add ons.
He had played for us 25 times, over half as sub.

Assombalonga is under contract for another 4 years.
He's scored 30 in 65 games, despite struggling with injury.
We have new owners who are/have been plowing money in.
We are under no obligation to sell anytime soon.
You want him, then it's going to cost. A LOT!!

We are not tight, just prudent.

Britt knows Sean Dyche and wants a season or four in the EPL sunshine, not fighting a relegation battle in the Championship.

He's on his way to Turf Moor and you know it!

army88
04-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Listen, we paid 5.5 million plus add ons, for a league 1 striker ( 8 million in total).

Your bid was pathetic.

He is a proven striker at this level. You want him, then it's going to be closer to £20 million, due to the length of his contract.
Be realistic

All that's irrelevant the player is king , if he decides he wants out then eventually Forest will sell at 10-12 million as what's the point of having a player who doesn't want to be there, sulking in reserves or upsetting other players in dressing room.
Sadly it's just how football is , 20 million is no chance of fetching that tbh as he's un proven --- look at Gray and us with all his championship goals and premiership goals last year and were still only talking 10-15 million.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 07:09 PM
All that's irrelevant the player is king , if he decides he wants out then eventually Forest will sell at 10-12 million as what's the point of having a player who doesn't want to be there, sulking in reserves or upsetting other players in dressing room.
Sadly it's just how football is , 20 million is no chance of fetching that tbh as he's un proven --- look at Gray and us with all his championship goals and premiership goals last year and were still only talking 10-15 million.

Obviously missed my previous posts.
1. We sold a **** for £13 million after a handful of appearances
2. We have new owners pumping money in.
3. The fans have responded by selling 16 000 season tickets and climbing
4. his contract length
5. just supported him after being out for a year
6. Selling club in the driving seat

Sorry, but you aint getting this one cheap. I'm more fearful of Boro doing a deal.
The Lansbury pirate job said it all

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 07:11 PM
We are not tight, just prudent.

Britt knows Sean Dyche and wants a season or four in the EPL sunshine, not fighting a relegation battle in the Championship.

He's on his way to Turf Moor and you know it!

Prudent?

Exactly how would we bow to help you being prudent?
He hasn't got 9 months left on his contract you know.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Lansbury was a total cock, Assombalonga isn't!

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Lansbury was a total cock, Assombalonga isn't!

Ok, let me tell you something from the inside, we have already turned down a £15 M bid before yours. FACT!

You're barking up the wrong tree

He signed a 3 year extension on his contract last February
As said, you have lay the readies down, if you're serious. You aint getting this one cheap

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 07:21 PM
ok, let me tell you something from the inside, we have already turned down a £15 m bid before yours. Fact!

he signed a 3 year extension on his contract last february

£12 million and it's done!

Supersub6
04-07-2017, 07:25 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that fans of certain clubs seem to think that £12,000,000 is cheap for a player and think that a buying club should pay at least another 66% on top of that to even have a hope of landing the player.

Assombalonga is not worth anywhere near £20,000,000 and I would hope that we would withdraw from any interest before going anywhere near that price.

WHy is Trickytreesreds worried about Middlesbrough buying him? I would have thought that it would be good to be able to watch such a highly valued player coming back to play against his adoring fans who would obviously lament his moving on.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 07:26 PM
£12 million and it's done!

turned down £15 million, but £12 million from Burnley means it's done? lmfao
You sir are on drugs, or should be.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 07:31 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that fans of certain clubs seem to think that £12,000,000 is cheap for a player and think that a buying club should pay at least another 66% on top of that to even have a hope of landing the player.

Assombalonga is not worth anywhere near £20,000,000 and I would hope that we would withdraw from any interest before going anywhere near that price.

WHy is Trickytreesreds worried about Middlesbrough buying him? I would have thought that it would be good to be able to watch such a highly valued player coming back to play against his adoring fans who would obviously lament his moving on.

Supersub. We have paid £5.5 miilion. rising to 8 million, plus a sell on clause?
What would you expect?

If you can't meet the valuation, then look else where.
When you want a car, the seller is in no way going to give you a cheap deal.
He is on a long term contract and now involved in a regime pumping the club forward.
To convince the new regime to play ball, what would you do?

We had this with the Lansbury saga. How many times did BFC bid for him? Some of those offers were derisory if not laughable.
Did the player come? Did he **** as like.

You really want him? Then make it a sellers market. Charity stays at home

army88
04-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Are you sure your not a dirty weeds fan Tricky.?

We've bid and the factors as I said previously will irradicate any of your bullet points, if he wants to leave they will sell and if he doesn't he'll stay.

Let's see what happens ?

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Ok, let me tell you something from the inside, we have already turned down a £15 M bid before yours. FACT!

He signed a 3 year extension on his contract last February
As said, you have lay the readies down, if you're serious. You aint getting this one cheap

TTR
sorry but we aren't doing any negotiating on here, we just watch and wonder.
Transfermarkt says you paid £5.9M for him and he's now worth £4.25M

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/britt-assombalonga/profil/spieler/186172

So £12M would be nearly three times his value. sounds like a good deal for you.

Andre Gray is £8.25 and were only getting offers double that

Supersub6
04-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Supersub. We have paid £5.5 miilion. rising to 8 million, plus a sell on clause?
What would you expect?

If you can't meet the valuation, then look else where.
When you want a car, the seller is in no way going to give you a cheap deal.
He is on a long term contract and now involved in a regime pumping the club forward.
To convince the new regime to play ball, what would you do?

We had this with the Lansbury saga. How many times did BFC bid for him? Some of those offers were derisory if not laughable.
Did the player come? Did he **** as like.

You really want him? Then make it a sellers market. Charity stays at home

We were pleased that Forest played hardball with Lansbury --it saved us a lot of money. Let's hope that you play the same way here and we just say enough is enough. A player has his worth and your valuation is laughable.

You never said why you didn't want him to go to Middlesbrough. Surely if he doesn't want to play in the PL he wouldn't want to leave for another Championship side, particularly when he is so highly valued at his current club --why would he leave?

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 08:10 PM
We were pleased that Forest played hardball with Lansbury --it saved us a lot of money. Let's hope that you play the same way here and we just say enough is enough. A player has his worth and your valuation is laughable.

You never said why you didn't want him to go to Middlesbrough. Surely if he doesn't want to play in the PL he wouldn't want to leave for another Championship side, particularly when he is so highly valued at his current club --why would he leave?

I feared Middlesborough more, because I believed, they would throw the hard money at us, to get back up.
I still think( in fact know) that 15 million has been discussed. That is why I said your offer is derisory.

I had this last year, with the know it alls saying Lansbury was a done deal and that I knew nothing.
I offered two bets to charity to say it wasn't, yet nothing was taken up.

If you think or seriously want him, then that is where you have to start. Bidding wars push the price up.
I hope he doesn't go, because a fit Assombalonga will get 30+ goals this season. That could get us up under this regime. That is worth a lot more than your £8M offer.

Trickytreesreds
04-07-2017, 08:14 PM
TTR
sorry but we aren't doing any negotiating on here, we just watch and wonder.
Transfermarkt says you paid £5.9M for him and he's now worth £4.25M

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/britt-assombalonga/profil/spieler/186172

So £12M would be nearly three times his value. sounds like a good deal for you.

Andre Gray is £8.25 and were only getting offers double that

LMFAO, you think he is worth less than what we paid for him, because a kids player rating site says so?
OMG, do you believe the starship Enterprise exists as well? priceless

Supersub6
04-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I feared Middlesborough more, because I believed, they would throw the hard money at us, to get back up.
I still think( in fact know) that 15 million has been discussed. That is why I said your offer is derisory.

I had this last year, with the know it alls saying Lansbury was a done deal and that I knew nothing.
I offered two bets to charity to say it wasn't, yet nothing was taken up.

If you think or seriously want him, then that is where you have to start. Bidding wars push the price up.
I hope he doesn't go, because a fit Assombalonga will get 30+ goals this season. That could get us up under this regime. That is worth a lot more than your £8M offer.

I still don't understand why he would go to Middlesbrough if he has such a great chance of going up with Forest under the new regime, particularly if he is going to get 30+ goals for you. Surely you do not need to sell him so just tell him that he is not available no matter what is bid. He is under contract for a few years so you hold all the aces.

As far as people knowing details of what is bid etc.,etc. I know nothing, nor do I want to know because I never worry about things I can't influence and football transfers are a law unto themselves.
Having said that, I still wonder why Forest have not laid the law down to the player in this case and tell him that he has to fulfil his contractual obligations because he is so, so highly valued by the club. Simple.

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 09:00 PM
LMFAO, you think he is worth less than what we paid for him, because a kids player rating site says so?
OMG, do you believe the starship Enterprise exists as well? priceless

Kids player rating site? Can you find any other site giving so much detail of individual players, values, Contract details, etc their agents of all players in Europe?

You mistake what you pay to get someone to sell, with their actual value.
I expect we would have to pay double or treble someone's value to get their club to part from someone they wanted to keep
Ever bought a new car then tried to get the same money the day after?

Maybe £100 m was discussed too but it doesn't mean to say it was agreed.

Anyway Barrie McKay has a market value of £595k and you are bidding £500k for him as his club don't want him. Not too far off is it!
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/profil/spieler/208934

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Newcastle United are interested in signing Hull City's Sam Clucas but his former club Leicester, West Brom and Burnley have also enquired about the midfielder's availability.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4665828/Newcastle-keen-Hull-City-midfielder-Sam-Clucas.html#ixzz4lu9Rkxp2

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 02:50 AM
Sean Dyche and Burnley Football Club have learned the hard way how other clubs operate and the games they play. What they have implemented are the following rules of engagement:
Does the player have the legs to play the "Burnley Way"?
Does the player have the heart to be part of the "Burnley Group"?
Does the player have the strength of mind and character to be relentless?
Once those three boxes are ticked they then analyse from assorted video footage his actual skill and technique attributes.
The recruitment team then discuss with the player's agent how we can go forward and how much does the player wants to be part of Dyche's Claret & Blue Army?
At this point and only at this point does a Burnley Football Club Board approved bid go to the player's club.
It is therefore safe to assume that Assombalonga wants to be reunited with Sean Dyche and play in the EPL and not the Championship under Mark Warburton.
All it boils down to now is how much do Forest value the player at and at what point do they think it is in their interests to let an unsettled player depart?

thedonz
05-07-2017, 07:35 AM
I don't think it's unrealistic that the fee will end up at 15 million after add ons. Didn't Gray's finish up at nearly 10 million after add ons. Forward on 2 years and take into account the buying club is a Premier League team and not a Championship one.

Burnley should rap this one up with a 10-12 million transfer fee plus add ons. Forest have not come out with a not for sale statement and that is the key to Assomolonga becoming a Claret in the next week.

nutsinmay
05-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Let's be really honest here. No-one is 'worth' tens of millions - transfer values are grossly inflated due to the worldwide 'market value' of TV coverage. The selling clubs know how much money the buying clubs have.

If Sky ever pull out, the whole system will come tumbling down like the house of cards it really is.

oldcolner
05-07-2017, 09:31 AM
I don't think it's unrealistic that the fee will end up at 15 million after add ons. Didn't Gray's finish up at nearly 10 million after add ons. Forward on 2 years and take into account the buying club is a Premier League team and not a Championship one.

Burnley should rap this one up with a 10-12 million transfer fee plus add ons. Forest have not come out with a not for sale statement and that is the key to Assomolonga becoming a Claret in the next week.

As TTS says they want £15M - will they get it though? A swap for Andre on £15M doesn't seem on!

http://the72.co.uk/86445/forest-place-15-million-price-tag-boro-burnley-target/

sinkov
05-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Hate to say it but Gray is as good as gone!

Just a question of how much???

To save on your ever growing taxi bill BT, I'll drive Andre down to London for free, with the greatest of pleasure, providing he promises to sign for West Ham and he doesn't come back up here.

Primitive
05-07-2017, 01:39 PM
We've agreed a fee for Jon Walters.

AIDY1981
05-07-2017, 04:13 PM
is jon walters just a ashley barnes replica

thedonz
05-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Really pleased with the news about Walters. If we sell Gray and bring in Assomalonga , Garlick's wish to end the transfer window stronger than at the beginning of the window will in part be granted.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 04:32 PM
No he is not a replica of Ashley Barnes but the Premier League centre halves are going to need to ensure their protective gear is in good order.

Vokes, Barnes and Walters will be a handful in any combination!

Good signing methinks. :D

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Taxi booked...

I think our new Claret & Blue attire will suit our Britt pretty well...

Primitive
05-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Good signing methinks. :D

Agreed. Loads of PL experience.

sinkov
05-07-2017, 05:21 PM
We've agreed a fee for Jon Walters.

Bloody hell, we're signing players from PL clubs now, this is getting serious.

Primitive
05-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Bloody hell, we're signing players from PL clubs now, this is getting serious.

And it's not even August yet!

Norder
05-07-2017, 07:08 PM
...took Walters for 3 mil.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/10938237/stoke-accept-jon-walters-bid-from-burnley

getting on in years....and was out from Jan to march after the knee op....so I guess he's here for back up - for the big gun signings to come .

;D

Trickytreesreds
05-07-2017, 07:53 PM
I still don't understand why he would go to Middlesbrough if he has such a great chance of going up with Forest under the new regime, particularly if he is going to get 30+ goals for you. Surely you do not need to sell him so just tell him that he is not available no matter what is bid. He is under contract for a few years so you hold all the aces.

As far as people knowing details of what is bid etc.,etc. I know nothing, nor do I want to know because I never worry about things I can't influence and football transfers are a law unto themselves.
Having said that, I still wonder why Forest have not laid the law down to the player in this case and tell him that he has to fulfil his contractual obligations because he is so, so highly valued by the club. Simple.

because the player will etch his bets.
Player wants money/ club wants revenue
Haven't you learnt this yet over Lansbury?

Offer the right amount, the club will co operate.
FFS get him some crayons.

Trickytreesreds
05-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Kids player rating site? Can you find any other site giving so much detail of individual players, values, Contract details, etc their agents of all players in Europe?

You mistake what you pay to get someone to sell, with their actual value.
I expect we would have to pay double or treble someone's value to get their club to part from someone they wanted to keep
Ever bought a new car then tried to get the same money the day after?

Maybe £100 m was discussed too but it doesn't mean to say it was agreed.

Anyway Barrie McKay has a market value of £595k and you are bidding £500k for him as his club don't want him. Not too far off is it!
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/profil/spieler/208934

And still you fail. A player, is like a house. He is worth what the buyers want to pay for him. There is no table that says,this is my value.
here is an example-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3951270/middlesbrough-transfer-news-nottingham-forest-britt-assombalonga/

he is worth what the market wants him to be. Either match it, or do one. Competition drives the price up.
We paid 5.5 million + add ons for a league one player. Either meet the situation or go away. This isn't a charity

oldcolner
05-07-2017, 08:27 PM
And still you fail. A player, is like a house. He is worth what the buyers want to pay for him. There is no table that says,this is my value.
here is an example-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3951270/middlesbrough-transfer-news-nottingham-forest-britt-assombalonga/
he is worth what the market wants him to be. Either match it, or do one. Competition drives the price up.

We paid 5.5 million + add ons for a league one player. Either meet the situation or go away. This isn't a charity

TTS
There is a table that gives values on a comparative basis - it's called transfermarkt
Thought I said that market forces applied or did you miss that?
You're also only paying £500k for an SPL player - so what?

Re Assombalonga- who wants to go to Middlesbrough though?
I'm not buying nor is anyone else on here so please don't get personal .... but I would walk away at £15m when we may not get that for a proven PL goal scorer. But the clubs negotiators may get creative and decide he's worth £12 with add ons
We will wait and see!

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Word coming to my earpiece is the Britt one will be completed in days not weeks.

Sinkov, I have dismantled the shopping trolley and basket, lubricated the rolling stock and shoved it back in the shed until January! ;D

sinkov
05-07-2017, 08:40 PM
And it's not even August yet!

I know, no fannying about this summer. If this carries on we'll have our first team out at Chelsea. Top 10 here we come ??

oldcolner
05-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Word coming to my earpiece is the Britt one will be completed in days not weeks.

Sinkov, I have dismantled the shopping trolley and basket, lubricated the rolling stock and shoved it back in the shed until January! ;D

Is there a battery in your earpiece though? Mine plays up a bit.

sinkov
05-07-2017, 08:56 PM

Our bids for Lansbury were laughable I can agree with that, they used to drive me witless with their penny-pinching. But that was then, it's a whole new ball game now. We paid £10m for Hendrick, £13m for Brady, neither of them anything special, and if we want this guy bad enough we'll pay what it takes to land him as well. I wouldn't be getting too worked up about it, nothing you can do about it, we can blow you out of the water financially now. We'll try to talk you down, that's normal, but we now literally have more money than we can spend, if Dyche wants him, we'll sign him, simple as that.

thedonz
05-07-2017, 09:21 PM
I like the earpiece analogy BT, a direct line to the Turf Moor powerbase is quite an impressive coup

oldcolner
05-07-2017, 09:53 PM
£2m for Walters plus add Ons seems a good deal, one more step to signing the Irish team

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jon-walters-quitting-stoke-after-10744252

Stoke City are awaiting the outcome of a medical which will decide if Jon Walters is about to end his magnificent career in the Potteries.

Stoke have shaken hands with Burnley on a fee - around £2m rising to £3m - and Walters has agreed a two-year contract, with an option of a third, at Turf Moor.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-favourite-jon-walters-waiting-on-outcome-of-burnley-medical/story-30425761-detail/story.html#lhi4BOAPi27ssJaZ.99

Norder
05-07-2017, 09:57 PM

...I'd hazard a guess that Forest see Assombalonga as another...but more sharpened Gray - ergo that 15mil figure being thrown around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDIq0TRiBL8

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2017, 06:11 AM
I like the earpiece analogy BT, a direct line to the Turf Moor powerbase is quite an impressive coup

It really is quite exciting at the minute donzy. Like sinkov says, we are not "fannying" about this time around.

Hodge, Mowbray and Butterworth are running up fortunes in phone bills!

army88
06-07-2017, 06:15 AM
£2m for Walters plus add Ons seems a good deal, one more step to signing the Irish team

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jon-walters-quitting-stoke-after-10744252

Stoke City are awaiting the outcome of a medical which will decide if Jon Walters is about to end his magnificent career in the Potteries.

Stoke have shaken hands with Burnley on a fee - around £2m rising to £3m - and Walters has agreed a two-year contract, with an option of a third, at Turf Moor.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-favourite-jon-walters-waiting-on-outcome-of-burnley-medical/story-30425761-detail/story.html#lhi4BOAPi27ssJaZ.99

My only thoughts with this signing is that Barnes maybe moving on , as a rule Vokes has signed a longer contract I believe ---- so can we sustain and keep happy potentially Assombalongha Vokes Barnes and Walters with Ageyi thrown in as well.
( assuming Britt signs that is --- it won't be Gray anyway)
Bit disappointed in how Gray has gone about this tbh , think it was un professional of him.

Primitive
06-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Bit disappointed in how Gray has gone about this tbh , think it was un professional of him.

In what way has he been unprofessional?

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Gray like Keane was offered many, many opportunities to sign new, improved extended contracts.

Keane is being treated like a saint, Gray like a leper and I am not really understanding why? :confused:

The name of the game is financial gain, moving to "bigger" clubs with better prospects and loftier ambitions.

We have had our moneys worth out of both players, time to move on and go about our own business, which it seems to me is exactly what we are doing!

Supersub6
06-07-2017, 07:37 AM
because the player will etch his bets.
Player wants money/ club wants revenue
Haven't you learnt this yet over Lansbury?

Offer the right amount, the club will co operate.
FFS get him some crayons.

Of course I understand it all, however, if he is of that much value to your club, as you seem to think, should you not be offering him silly money to stay?
You say he is guaranteed to score 30+ goals and this would mean you would be promoted with a big pot of gold, therefore, because he is under a long contract, you should be telling him that he is going nowhere and that he must score the goals to get you promotion.

Give the player the money he wants and you don't lose him --simple. Or is is that you don't want to keep him and just see him as a saleable asset and the fans would be glad to see the club get an inflated fee for a player who isn't worth anywhere near the value that the fans put on him?

By the way --players do not etch their bets-- for which he would need some crayons -- they 'edge' their bets.
Now go along and see which other Forest player you can put an inflated price on.

sinkov
06-07-2017, 07:43 AM
I think it's a perception thing with Gray and Keane. Both wanted moves, but whereas Keane has kept his head down and delivered on the pitch, Andre has let it be known he thinks he's worth far more than we're paying him and failed to deliver on the pitch. I don't think Gray has done much many other footballers don't do, but he hasn't handled it as well as Keane.

I doubt Gray gives a monkeys what fans think about him anyway, and I've nothing against him personally, I'll be glad to see the back of him because I don't think he's even close to being a good PL striker, but good luck to him, he might well prove me wrong.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Gray has got himself wrapped up in the media/paparazzi/celebrity thing.

He needs to remember that, "FOOTBALL COMES FIRST".

Must be hard to remember that when you are wrapping yourself around this...

thedonz
06-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Give me strength. Impossible not to cry with laughter

Primitive
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
By the way --players do not etch their bets-- for which he would need some crayons -- they 'edge' their bets.

Actually, they don't do either of those - they hedge their bets.

/nitpick

I think it's a perception thing with Gray and Keane. Both wanted moves, but whereas Keane has kept his head down and delivered on the pitch, Andre has let it be known he thinks he's worth far more than we're paying him and failed to deliver on the pitch. I don't think Gray has done much many other footballers don't do, but he hasn't handled it as well as Keane.

I doubt Gray gives a monkeys what fans think about him anyway, and I've nothing against him personally, I'll be glad to see the back of him because I don't think he's even close to being a good PL striker, but good luck to him, he might well prove me wrong.

Has he? Or have the media, that you were so quick to decry with the SD stories (and rightly so), printed stories entirely based on speculation? I don't think he's failed to deliver on the pitch either.

The only real difference between the Keane and Gray situations is that the Burnley supporters accept that Keane deserves to go on to bigger and better things.

Supersub6
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks primitive --since when did we sound our aitches? ;D

sinkov
06-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Has he? Or have the media, that you were so quick to decry with the SD stories (and rightly so), printed stories entirely based on speculation? I don't think he's failed to deliver on the pitch either.

Like I said it's a perception thing, BT has picked up on it as well, pointing out that he seems to have got himself wrapped up in the media/celebrity circus. The difference between the two is clear, when have you seen or heard anything about Keane apart from his football, whereas Andre is coming the big time Charlie, posing for photos on the beach with his attractive girlfriend. Fine, I've no problem with that, but people act like big time Charlies for a very good reason, because that's what they are.

On his performances I have to disagree with you and go along with Dyche, he doesn't think he's worth his place in the team, neither do I, but of course you're entitled to your opinion.

I also noticed the Hedge/Edge error as well but didn't bother to point it out. All msgboards have someone who WILL point out these little mistakes soon enough.

james78
06-07-2017, 01:40 PM
I've heard on the grapevine that we've signed Walters from Stoke?! Anyone either deny or confirm this rumour?

The Bedlington Terrier
06-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Discussing terms and having a medical. Looking for a property in Padiham! :O

Primitive
06-07-2017, 01:53 PM
On his performances I have to disagree with you and go along with Dyche, he doesn't think he's worth his place in the team, neither do I, but of course you're entitled to your opinion.

Given that he made more starts and played more minutes than any of our other strikers last season, it looks like Dyche agrees with me and does think he's worth his place in the team.