PDA

View Full Version : Keane saga

oldcolner
17-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Papers saying it's United for £25M ( but they get sell on commission off that price-) but he wants a guarantee he'll play 30 games.

Keane, who has continued to live in Manchester and is a boyhood United fan, can expect to quadruple his £25,000-a-week wages

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4512290/Manchester-United-set-sign-Michael-Keane-25m.html#ixzz4hJgXIxTp

Others said it's Liverpool but he's waiting to see if they are in Europe. Surprised he isn't saying that to United too!

Sounds like he's played his last game for us too as Sean says it's a niggly injury.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-05-2017, 07:13 AM
A reliable source tells me that the £25 million Burnley will receive is the nett amount.:)

Keane is valued mutually at £30 million and the deal is sanctioned and agreed.

We will not see Michael in Burnley colours again! :(

Funnily enough I mentioned that three weeks ago. :(

exilecanada
17-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Sounds like he's played his last game for us too as Sean says it's a niggly injury.

The moment an “unspecified injury” was disclosed as the reason for Keane’s omission from the squad, the only “niggles” involved were the finalization of transfer fee and personal terms.

Done deal.

;D

oldcolner
17-05-2017, 03:42 PM
A reliable source tells me that the £25 million Burnley will receive is the nett amount.:)

Sounds good and you're on the ball BT - though a pity he won't get the acclaim when he comes off.

Worryingly I think Mee also has a niggle :O

nutsinmay
17-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Players will be on holiday soon.

Nothing is likely to happen until late June I would think.

onechop82
17-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Clearly united want to get this over the line. For reasons unkown maybe to prevent other clubs from coming in with a higher bid+better wages. But it seems for a while united has been his preferred club. All i can say is all the best and a big thankyou to the lad! He has been tremendous for us. UTC!!!!

alfinyalcabo
17-05-2017, 06:52 PM
The Saga of Noggin the Nog ..now that was a good Saga.;D

https://youtu.be/eb7uaqV1akg

oldcolner
17-05-2017, 07:50 PM
I prefer this Saga from The Bridge - Sofia Helin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLaBUY7mWFY

oldcolner
17-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Clearly united want to get this over the line. For reasons unkown maybe to prevent other clubs from coming in with a higher bid+better wages. But it seems for a while united has been his preferred club. All i can say is all the best and a big thankyou to the lad! He has been tremendous for us. UTC!!!!

Agree, suspect Jose wants to get rid of a few Smalling for one!

alfinyalcabo
17-05-2017, 08:16 PM
I too wish him all the best,but I just wish he wasn't joining those Muncs,I Phookin detest them..:(

Turfmoorspirit
17-05-2017, 11:38 PM

Funnily enough I mentioned that three weeks ago. :(According to sky we will net £19m..

The Bedlington Terrier
18-05-2017, 05:51 AM
You should never trust SKY "sources" TMS.

According to their "sources" Keane had agreed deals with both Everton and Liverpool.

james78
18-05-2017, 08:04 AM

Does your reliable source know which club Kease is on his was too and will we have a sell on clause ? This for burnley could be important as I see his value triple come his prime.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-05-2017, 08:37 AM
My extremely reliable source has told me this morning that SD has told United to come up with a proper figure or sod right off!

SD is valuing Keane in the same way Everton valued Stones, both young England internationals with the added value of Champions League "Englishness"!

Everton and Liverpool are now on high alert!

I :heart:SD!

ClaretinBudapest
19-05-2017, 03:25 PM
My extremely reliable source has told me this morning that SD has told United to come up with a proper figure or sod right off!

SD is valuing Keane in the same way Everton valued Stones, both young England internationals with the added value of Champions League "Englishness"!

I did say between 40-50m in the current market.At the end of the day he is as good as Stones if not better and if 3 or 4 of the top clubs want him then one will be prepared to gazump the others and stump up the right price for bragging rights.If Pogba was 89m then Keano has to be 40m at least.It is a no-brainer.I could just imagine the laughter if Man City came up and stole him from under United`s nose.

lancyclaret
19-05-2017, 03:57 PM
If we still needed 3 points to stay up would Keane and Mee (perhaps with a pain-killing injection) be playing against West Ham on Sunday?

What a damp squib it will be if we lose to a very depleted Hammers because we have 2 inexperienced CHs playing together.

Defeat could see us finish 17th - although we would have settled for this in August. If Keane and Mee had been fit for the last 3 games we could well have finished as high as 9th.

oldcolner
20-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Does your reliable source know which club Kease is on his was too and will we have a sell on clause ? This for burnley could be important as I see his value triple come his prime.

The sell on clause would be important as would more England caps

BT is the proper figure more than £30M you mentioned earlier?

james78
20-05-2017, 05:20 PM

LOL Cool BT ditto on the SD comment and keep the reliable source info coming me 😉

oldcolner
21-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Papers saying it's United for £25M ( but they get sell on commission off that price-) but he wants a guarantee he'll play 30 games.

Keane, who has continued to live in Manchester and is a boyhood United fan, can expect to quadruple his £25,000-a-week wages

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4512290/Manchester-United-set-sign-Michael-Keane-25m.html#ixzz4hJgXIxTp

Others said it's Liverpool but he's waiting to see if they are in Europe. Surprised he isn't saying that to United too!

So Liverpool qualify for Europe, will he want to see if Man U do likewise I wonder.

onechop82
21-05-2017, 11:03 PM
So Liverpool qualify for Europe, will he want to see if Man U do likewise I wonder.

I still think he will go to united they will offer him better wages+bonuses. And he will get assurances from united that they will qualify for champs league next season. I truly believe he will go man u he will feel he has something to prove their.

billyhamilton82
22-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Should be looking at a minimum of £35 million.

He is that good

The Bedlington Terrier
22-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Should be looking at a minimum of £35 million.

He is that good

It's the bloody 25% sell on fee that's the problem!

oldcolner
23-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Mick Garlick says the club has received no contact over bids for him and he's still a Burnley player.
I guess agents try to set up deals and terms hoping the selling club will then sort out a fee. Used to work the other way round!!

oldcolner
27-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Odds for club next year wm Hill

Which Club?
1/3. Man Utd
4/1. Everton
9/2. Liverpool
10/1. Burnley (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere)

oldcolner
28-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Jesse Lingard just posted holiday pics on Instagram of the two of them on the beach in Dubai.

Jose wants him signed quickly apparently.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Start coughing the dough then Jose? :confused:

oldcolner
01-06-2017, 07:54 AM
City offering £50m for van Dijk and £180k a week. Useful marker.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
The Duffer has been bigging Keane up in the LET. The way Michael Duff is talking, it looks set for a return to Old Trafford for the lad.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15320482._Keano_deserves_everything_he_gets____Mic hael_Duff_hails_character_of_Burnley_defender_Mich ael_Keane/?ref=mac

oldcolner
01-06-2017, 08:55 AM
It sounds so, unless United want him on the cheap and we keep him.

lancyclaret
01-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Keep Keane until August 31 unless United come up with an acceptable offer - £30 million plus or £25 million + good loan youngster.

It would be ridiculous to sell for £25 million if United then reclaim the 25% sell-on fee ....we'd only get about £18 million.

We also ought to add the £6/7 million we lost out on by losing the last 2 games without Keane.

Altobelli
02-06-2017, 03:11 PM
We will never know how much we receive for Keane only hearsay as it will again (unfortunately) be undisclosed, but with the ball firmly in Michael Keane and his agents hands we should get just short of what the wally Stones went for but we probably wont.

oldcolner
03-06-2017, 07:27 AM
MEN talking of Keane being a model for future transfer of young players, with them and United benefitting from the game time they get. Though they will have buy back clauses including a valuation!
Maybe we can get a couple more then.

oldcolner
10-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Manchester United have called off a deal for Burnley ace Michael Keane
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/10/manchester-united-abandon-25m-michael-keane-deal-as-victor-lindelof-closes-in-on-old-trafford-transfer-6700155/#ixzz4jckwAzFB

sinkov
10-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Probably not much help to us, if United pull out one or two others who thought they were out of it, will now fancy their chances of landing him. Young English defenders as good as Keane are as rare as rocking horse **** he might not go to United, but he won't be playing for us next season.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Just heard that he is off to Goodison...

oldcolner
10-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Don't they want Andre too?.?

sinkov
10-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Don't they want Andre too?.?

I bloody wish, but if Koeman wants Gray to replace Lukaku then I'm a Dutchman. See what I did there.;D

The Bedlington Terrier
11-06-2017, 03:34 AM
I don't know why player's contracts are not extended once they hit their halfway point. unless we don't love them anymore?

outwoodclaret
11-06-2017, 07:13 AM
It seems Manchester United have turned down Keane again and signed Lindelof instead.

sinkov
11-06-2017, 07:32 AM
I don't know why player's contracts are not extended once they hit their halfway point. unless we don't love them anymore?

Probably their agents prefer it this way, the more a player's contract runs down, the more powerful the agent becomes, the more the pound note signs flash.

oldcolner
12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
It seems Manchester United have turned down Keane again and signed Lindelof instead.

Star says Sun says ... a move is imminent to United, but not yet found the Sun article

ThameClaret
13-06-2017, 12:30 PM
No, Burnley have turned down Utds low offer, so understandably Garlick has said "no deal"
SD staying I believe rests upon Tom, Gray and Keano all stay (unless an offer that SD cannot refuse) comes in. Either way, we hold the trump cards....

oldcolner
17-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Everton looking at Calum Chambers as an alternative, so maybe they are getting the messag

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-ready-turn-chambers-miss-13199122

The Bedlington Terrier
17-06-2017, 11:56 AM
There is absolutely no point in selling Keane for any less than £30 million and it looks to me like no-one is going to stump up that sort of dosh when the player is free in 12 months time.

With all my heart I wish he would simply take a massive wage hike and sign with us for another 4 years, with a guarantee that if anybody comes in with a cash offer of £35 million he can leave.

thedonz
17-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Burnley will sell Keane if he doesn't sign a new deal. They are not going to let their prize asset go for nothing. Having said that it is still not out of the question that Keane will sign a new Burnley contract. Unlikely, yes I would agree.

Keane wants first team football to improve his chances of getting in the England World Cup squad at the end of next season.

If Keane doesn't put pen to paper with us , the club will take less than it wants now.

Why do I think that ? For the reason why Dyche tells the media most of our deals come late in the transfer window. No point going in too early when transfer fees are higher. They drop the nearer we get to the end of the window.

exilecanada
17-06-2017, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=thedonz;38562673

No point going in too early when transfer fees are higher. They drop the nearer we get to the end of the window.[/QUOTE]

I’ll respectfully disagree with that statement. In the NHL (National Hockey League) or MLB (Major League Baseball), the price of a player………usually via trade, not purchase……. typically escalates as clubs tend to panic as deadlines approach and pay over the odds. I would think footy isn’t much different.

Enlighten me if I’m mistaken.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-06-2017, 05:03 AM
I think that is spot on exilecanada. We did just that with Brady.

thedonz
18-06-2017, 07:35 AM
This week in the Lancashire Telegraph I read Dyche talking about no one knowing which way the market is going to go as the window progresses. He did not rule out a ' calming' of the market as he called it.

He talked about money being no object to the rich clubs who can afford to go out now and pay big money . By inference the rest have to wait and see what happen.

Burnley will have put a big fee on Keane which they will have to revise in my opinion as the bigger clubs wait to take advantage of a small PL side selling a player with only 12 months left on his contract.

If the club get what they want now they will have done well and I think it will mean there has been no calming of the market.

Read the telegraph's report because I may have wrongly interpreted what Dyche said

The Bedlington Terrier
22-06-2017, 03:29 AM
I don't get the proposed Everton swap deal (plus a few bob) for a not very good, injury prone midfielder for one of the best young English centre halves around? :confused:

oldcolner
25-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Burnley defender Michael Keane is hoping that a move to Everton materialises next week, according to the Daily Mail which has claimed on their website that the 24-year-old centre-back is hopeful of completing a £25million move to the Toffees with an eagerness to play regularly at his next club.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-06-2017, 11:32 AM
I am still uncertain how Keane thinks he will benefit by leaving Burnley?

oldcolner
25-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Keanes price at £25m seems very low now Southampton have told Liverpool they will need to pay £70m to prise defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, away this summer. (Sunday Express)

oldcolner
25-06-2017, 11:40 AM

I guess it's a bigger club, more chance of Europe, maybe he likes Koemans style, higher salary and still a permanent place in the team, which other offers don't seem to give him. If Lukaku goes not sure how good they will be next season though.

thedonz
25-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Keane will walk into the Everton team and 25 million is a good price . Southampton are playing games with Liverpool but who can blame them. Didn't Van Dijk sign a 5 year contract with them last season. The player is making distasteful noises( unlike Keane) so I would think Southampton will have to come back in price quite a bit.

Is Van Dijk worth twice Keane's fee? He is a better player on a much bigger contract. Maybe not twice but if Keane had 5 years left I think we could get 35 million for him.

Hope it does get settled next week .

sinkov
25-06-2017, 07:09 PM

He'll double or treble his wages and play for a more succesful club, either in Europe or with the potential to be in Europe next season.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 06:08 AM
Everything's about money with you sinkov! :p

sinkov
26-06-2017, 06:21 AM
Everything's about money with you sinkov! :p

I could have sworn it was you always saying that. But as far as football and footballers are concerned it is always about money, as Sean never tires of telling us.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2017, 06:43 AM
On a serious note, I wonder what our salary cap is now?

oldcolner
27-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Talks are said to have entered an advanced stage between Burnley and Everton, however, and a move could be finalised before the end of the week.

oldcolner
27-06-2017, 10:14 PM
We want £30M but they want him cheaper

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625629/Transfer-News-Andre-Gray-new-contract-Everton-Tottenham-Burnley-Exclusive-Gossip

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 06:15 AM
We need another club to get serious...

sinkov
28-06-2017, 07:35 AM
I would think a disagreement over price is par for the course isn't it, certainly seems to be the case with us, whether we're buying or selling. Something will be sorted and he'll be an Everton player soon enough, then we can unleash our secret weapon on the PL... Tarko the magician, the best footballing centre-half in the PL 17/18 season. Bring it on.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Bit early to be on the sauce sinkov..? :O

sinkov
28-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Bit early to be on the sauce sinkov..? :O

Do you ever watch Burnley BT ?

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 10:10 AM
About a hundred games a season across the Burnley teams sinkov. Tarkowski has a lot to do to prove he is anywhere near Keane's performance level IMHO.

From his performances in the end of season games and having watched him with Eire, quite frankly I would happily start the season with Long and Mee in harness and I kid you not.

I presume we are now all prepared to accept that Keane is ready to depart Turf Moor imminently?

thedonz
28-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Talk is he will be an Everton player before we report back for training next week. Any chance of a player exchange in the deal?

Tarka you would think would get first chance to play next to Mee. Who will be the signing to replace Keane. Will it be one of the names that have been mentioned in the last 12 months
Lees? Roberts? Or will Dyche pull a gem out if the hat with all the transfer fees arriving
Fingers crossed Gray is on his way !

Not convinced with Tarka's speed of thought but we will see.

sinkov
28-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Tarkowski has a lot to do to prove he is anywhere near Keane's performance level IMHO.

Keane has played more than a hundred games for us, including two seasons in the PL. Tarko has made just four PL starts so far, so we're not really comparing like with like. Of course Keane is the better player right now, but think back to when Keane had made just four starts for us, absolutely no one was raving about him back then. Imo Tarko looks a better prospect now than Keane did at the same stage, he's a much better ball-player/footballer, Dyche is even happy to play him in midfield, all he needs is game time and the experience that comes with it, and in two seasons time we'll have another £30m defender on our hands. Mark my words !!

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I genuinely hope you are right on this one sinkov!

sinkov
28-06-2017, 01:20 PM
I genuinely hope you are right on this one sinkov!

Am I ever wrong BT ?;D

Altobelli
28-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Am I ever wrong BT ?;D

You'd better ask Primitive Mr Sinkov :)

sinkov
28-06-2017, 01:39 PM
You'd better ask Primitive Mr Sinkov :)

Prims OK Alto, top poster, more sense than get involved with the political crap as well. Which is more than can be said for some of us daft buggers on here.

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 07:07 PM
They seem confident they have got him for the start of training.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2017/06/28/michael-keane-inbound/

Altobelli
28-06-2017, 07:13 PM
BFC will not like the fee being disclosed whether its right or not.

sinkov
28-06-2017, 08:44 PM
It's ironic, all that wheeling and dealing over the years, trying to keep our heads above water, making a few thousand here, a few thousand there. And then when all our financial problems are behind us, and we have money coming out of our ears, we're making an absolutely ginormous profit on one player.

Money goes to money eh.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 08:49 PM
When United dropped out of the chase it became a one horse race but we have still cleared £18 million. Not at all bad and Keane gets a cool £140k a week contract. Win, win!

oldcolner
30-06-2017, 03:20 PM
When United dropped out of the chase it became a one horse race but we have still cleared £18 million. Not at all bad and Keane gets a cool £140k a week contract. Win, win!

Maybe even better
It has been widely reported that the fee for Keane will be £25million but the Telegraph claim it will actually be £31million, made up of £25million plus £6million of add-ons depending on his success at Goodison Park.

oldcolner
02-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Everton hope to announce signing tomorrow

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Let's shut this thread? The Keane saga is ended.

Primitive
03-07-2017, 07:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD1OLz4WsAI_QHd.jpg

Good luck to him.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Not really much to add to that sentiment Primitive. :)

oldcolner
03-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Not really much to add to that sentiment Primitive. :)

Let his own words be the last on this thread
A true professional and one whose words will help us get new players in the door.
Thanks Michael we will always be with you in our thoughts - though go easy when you play us!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15387785._I_can_never_show_Sean_Dyche_and_his_staf f_enough_gratitude____Michael_Keane_thanks_Burnley _as_he_completes___30million_Everton_move/?ref=mac

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Hear, hear!