PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Hayes

Pages : [1] 2 3

RedStarTorphins
28-05-2017, 09:29 PM
.... will be subject of a bid from Celtic.

Ryan Christie involved in some sort of swap deal.

Feck_the_Huns
28-05-2017, 09:31 PM

Back page of the morn's Sun?

Christie deal is a year long loan, apparently.

Would imagine GMS will also feature in the deal. Losing McGinn is bad enough but Jonny as well??

Fack sakes this is a kunt of a weekend

redscot
28-05-2017, 09:36 PM

That better not happen, its been a cvnt of a weekend as it is.

RedStarTorphins
28-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Back page of the morn's Sun?

Christie deal is a year long loan, apparently.

Would imagine GMS will also feature in the deal. Losing McGinn is bad enough but Jonny as well??

Fack sakes this is a kunt of a weekend

Aye it's horrendous.
Half the team leaving.
Think it'll top the manager tonleave too.
Half a new team & a new manager?!
Sickening.

Just taking McGinn & Hayes, I read a thing on Twitter that said something like 57 goals out of 93 this season were scored or created by them.

This is going to be one massive summer.

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/868935296683040770

Feck_the_Huns
28-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Dandy Michael Grant now tweeting it as well, in his Times piece tomorrow.

Looking ominous. All good things come to a natural end somewhere along the line, plus Jonny and Niall are both a baw hair off 30, and everything that entails, but to lose Hayes, McGinn and our manager in the same week?

rustlinsweetiepapers
28-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Jeez, I made a lighthearted remark about Aberdonian negativity on another thread here but this thread sums it up ...

Even in the Currant Bun it says 'weighing up a move' not 'about to make an offer'. Do you think Brendan Rodgers tonight is (a) planning recruitment for next season (b) getting pissed (c) nursing a hangover (he was only teetotal until his mid-20s) (d) asleep

This board rightly slags off the Sun at every opportunity, 'if you don't believe the front page why believe the back' yet anything potentially detrimental to Aberdeen is lapped up like a shagged-out tomcat finding a bowl of cream. How likely is it that an ex-Liverpool manager is going to give an exclusive to that newspaper?

Jormungand
28-05-2017, 10:00 PM
plus Jonny and Niall are both a baw hair off 30

I'm choosing to stay positive about this. It's been a crackin' few years, but these guys aren't gonna get any better, and hopefully we can replace with equally good or better.

Gonna be a huge summer, nae doot.

RedStarTorphins
28-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Jeez, I made a lighthearted remark about Aberdonian negativity on another thread here but this thread sums it up ...

Even in the Currant Bun it says 'weighing up a move' not 'about to make an offer'. Do you think Brendan Rodgers tonight is (a) planning recruitment for next season (b) getting pissed (c) nursing a hangover (he was only teetotal until his mid-20s) (d) asleep

This board rightly slags off the Sun at every opportunity, 'if you don't believe the front page why believe the back' yet anything potentially detrimental to Aberdeen is lapped up like a shagged-out tomcat finding a bowl of cream. How likely is it that an ex-Liverpool manager is going to give an exclusive to that newspaper?

Alternatively bury your head in the sand?
If someone like Michael Grant is running with it, then I don't think it's unreasonable to think it is a realistic possibility.

Bridieeater
28-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Alternatively bury your head in the sand?
If someone like Michael Grant is running with it, then I don't think it's unreasonable to think it is a realistic possibility.

It's total pysh I tell thee. Doesn't fit with celtic recruitment drive. He will find far better than Hayes elsewhere with better chances of a bigger sell on fee.

KIWIRED
28-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Calm doon everyone , just calm doon

The weegie papers just love to upset Aberdeen. They don't like our success and will peddle lies just to upset us

Seriously, as must as Hayes is a great player for us, would he actually get in the Celtic first team or just a bench warmer

Now if Celtic came in with a 1 million pound bid and Ryan Christie as part of the deal ........ it might just be worth considering as much as I would hate to see Hayes go

Its all just papertalk ..... that's all it is

andoplzcumbak
29-05-2017, 12:19 AM
I don't think fans here or elsewhere are whinging about it, more talking and looking at possibilities.
Niall is most likely going, Hayes McLean and DM are attracting attention. Hopefully they all stay but it's def worth talking about the worst case scenario as fans!

Pacman1903
29-05-2017, 05:16 AM
I don't think Jonny is to the standard that the pigs are after. I smell bullsh@t

rico94
29-05-2017, 08:53 AM
I don't think Jonny is to the standard that the pigs are after. I smell bullsh@t

If Hayes was to go there he would get as much game time as gms and Christie get,can't see him getting game time in place of Sinclair too often so I can't see him going there at this stage of his career.

Pacman1903
29-05-2017, 09:11 AM
If Hayes was to go there he would get as much game time as gms and Christie get,can't see him getting game time in place of Sinclair too often so I can't see him going there at this stage of his career.

Also I can see Roberts back there too as Man city have spent ludicrous money on some Monaco boy who plays wide

Stupie82
29-05-2017, 09:17 AM
We cant sell Hayes to Celtic, he is one of our best players and if we sell him to the team who are already running away with everything, then the games a bogey. If Hayes wants to move onto a bigger club, we cant deny him that. He has been nothing short of spectacular for us and he has given his all. But Celtic? if somehow the rumours are true, dont sell him for anything short of £4m. He maybe isnt worth that in the real market, but if Celtic want him then they should have to pay top dollar for him. We could use that money to strengthen and replace Hayes, McGinn etc etc.

As for this summer, this will be Derek's biggest test. It is crucial we try and retain what we have, replace those that leave and strengthen further. It's a worrying time for us fans.

medw1311
29-05-2017, 09:24 AM
The local Sunderland rag is reporting that Sunderland are interested in Jonny regardless of if Derek gets the managers job or not. Seems strange to me that they have targets without a manager. It also says Birmingham City are interested in Jonny too which is more believable given that Harry Redknapp was at the game.

87kilos
29-05-2017, 09:43 AM
£3m no less and we talk.

If not GTF. Play hardball, Championship is awash with money and they pay far more for lesser players than oor Hayes.

Sheep On Fire
29-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Don't see Jonny at Sellick he is 30 next month and hardly going to elevate them to the next level in the CL his final ball lets him down too much. Was speaking to a guy at work Today from Sunderland and he says the word down there is Derek WHO ? They are all wanting Nigel Clough or at least someone with a record of getting teams out of that league

fittiered
29-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Don't see Jonny at Sellick he is 30 next month and hardly going to elevate them to the next level in the CL his final ball lets him down too much. Was speaking to a guy at work Today from Sunderland and he says the word down there is Derek WHO ? They are all wanting Nigel Clough or at least someone with a record of getting teams out of that league

Evening express saying aberdeen have had no official approach from celtic as yet anyway.

RedStarTorphins
29-05-2017, 12:26 PM
We cant sell Hayes to Celtic, he is one of our best players and if we sell him to the team who are already running away with everything, then the games a bogey. If Hayes wants to move onto a bigger club, we cant deny him that. He has been nothing short of spectacular for us and he has given his all. But Celtic? if somehow the rumours are true, dont sell him for anything short of £4m. He maybe isnt worth that in the real market, but if Celtic want him then they should have to pay top dollar for him. We could use that money to strengthen and replace Hayes, McGinn etc etc.

As for this summer, this will be Derek's biggest test. It is crucial we try and retain what we have, replace those that leave and strengthen further. It's a worrying time for us fans.

Derek's "biggest test" will be building a Sunderland squad & having a tilt at promotion.

Pacman1903
31-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Supposedly, Cardiff back in, Bampot Forest (f@ck off Destro) and Birmingham in for him

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/cardiff-birmingham-nottingham-forest-join-celtic-fight-dons-star-hayes/

awafaehame
31-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Supposedly, Cardiff back in, Bampot Forest (f@ck off Destro) and Birmingham in for him

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/cardiff-birmingham-nottingham-forest-join-celtic-fight-dons-star-hayes/

Would rather he went to any of them, rather than the plastic paddys........

peter_ssb
31-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Would rather he went to any of them, rather than the plastic paddys........

would rather he STAYED HERE

awafaehame
31-05-2017, 11:18 AM
would rather he STAYED HERE

of course but theres no smoke without fire

GGMDONS
31-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Tell them all bidding has to be over 5m & see how many are still interested.

rico94
31-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Everyone seems to have forgotten Hayes just signed a new contract till 2019,if we don't want to sell him we don't have to.There is always a danger the player will throw his toys out the pram if you don't sell him but Hayes doesn't seem that kind of guy.

I hope the board realise this and as was said above 5 million should be the starting bid,silly money but they throw it about down there to one another so why not to us for a player with 2 years left on his contract.

medw1311
02-06-2017, 01:43 AM
Things not looking good if this is to believed:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564604/Celtic-look-complete-deal-Aberdeen-s-Jonny-Hayes.html

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 05:18 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564604/Celtic-look-complete-deal-Aberdeen-s-Jonny-Hayes.html

Its the Daily Mail. The Beano is a more reputable source than that

Feck_the_Huns
02-06-2017, 05:31 AM

Said it before and I'll say it again. If Christie is not part of the deal, then we should tell Sellic to ram it. Even accept a lesser offer from a Guffie club. Sell your best player to your rivals????? £2m or get tae

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again. If Christie is not part of the deal, then we should tell Sellic to ram it. Even accept a lesser offer from a Guffie club. Sell your best player to your rivals????? £2m or get tae

I wouldn't sell him to our rival for any price. F@ck them. If Milne thinks that's a good idea then we are doomed

RedStarTorphins
02-06-2017, 05:52 AM

Allegedly RC not keen on permanent deal?
Christie, GMS & £500k & that's about £1.2m
The £500k could get Greg Stewart (McGinns replacement)
No?
However if RC not keen it's moot point.

And it's all up in the air until DM stays/goes.

Aldo1983
02-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Judas Hayes?

DodHagi
02-06-2017, 06:39 AM
of course but theres no smoke without agents making stuff up

corrected

therealsouthstander
02-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Judas Hayes?

Nae quite the same - He signed a new deal with us a few months ago ensuring we got a decent wedge.

Jack our leader, proper screwed us over.

rico94
02-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Why are the papers saying we are looking for around 1 million? Unless he has a clause in his contract we should be looking for between 2-3 million at least, silly money yes but Dembele is getting linked with Dortmund for 30 million so why shouldn't we be getting paid more than Hayes is worth. As usual Stewart Milne is bending over and taking it dry for Celtic.

RedStarTorphins
02-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Nae quite the same - He signed a new deal with us a few months ago ensuring we got a decent wedge.

Jack our leader, proper screwed us over.

Correct.
And lied to his manager, twice, & to the supporters.
You reap what you sow....

Pauldolski10
02-06-2017, 08:47 AM
EE reporting that we have gave tims permission to talk to him. Hope he tells them to fu*k off

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 09:01 AM
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/hayes-given-permission-move-celtic-dons-set-1m-price-tag/

If he goes there im chucking it until our board goes. Stewart Milne should have said f@ck off straight off the bat but he obviously hasn't. With that bellend at the helm we are going nowhere. Selling your best player(by a mile) to the only team that are better than you, the team you are trying to close the gap on is out and out f@cking madness, especially with other clubs in different league sniffing about

This will also trigger McInnes leaving to I would think.

This summers nae looking good and its only just turned June

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 09:12 AM
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/hayes-given-permission-move-celtic-dons-set-1m-price-tag/

If he goes there im chucking it until our board goes. Stewart Milne should have said f@ck off straight off the bat but he obviously hasn't. With that bellend at the helm we are going nowhere. Selling your best player(by a mile) to the only team that are better than you, the team you are trying to close the gap on is out and out f@cking madness, especially with other clubs in different league sniffing about

If Milnes incompetence costs us our best player and manager, he can take my ST and ram it up his rich @rse. I agree with you Pac, although I would take silly money for Hayes, but it would have to be silly money i.e. £3m+ and all of it would need to reinvested. If he sells him for the reported £1.2m then he would be as well hand them the treble now and if he wonders why crowds are low, he will be in for a bigger shock next season.

Its not pant pishing before anyone starts, I understand players come and go and its all part of the football cycle, but selling to your rivals is a no no, unless its for huge money.

Its going to be a long as f*ck summer and the excitement of seeing new faces in the squad, is speedily being replaced by the dread of losing some huge players. Milne needs to nip this in the bud ASAP or the he is going to face a sh!tstorm.

macattack
02-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Surely we should get at least 2M for him ? I would rather he stay him & McGinn going would be 2 massive losses !

Mason89
02-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Taking Celtic players on loan to give them experience, then selling them our best on the cheap, isn't really what I signed up for.

This might upset his fluffers but if McInnes is in holiday while his squads being dismantled, then he's probably not coming back to Aberdeen

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Surely we should get at least 2M for him ? I would rather he stay him & McGinn going would be 2 massive losses !

That's what makes it worse. We have lost McGinns input, now it looks like we will be losing Jonnys. That is possibly the biggest double whammy boot in the boll@cks in my days of watching the Dons. Fit next Rooney to Hearts?

Milne is a moron. I accept we can lose players but not to the team that have just pissed all over everyone in the same f@cking division. Its almost a given he will sell him for f@ck all too. How on earth he cant expect a backlash over this sums up his sawdust footballing brain.

We have established ourselves as the best of the rest in Scotland. So instead of trying to build on it what does our chairman do............

standfreelee
02-06-2017, 09:24 AM
****sakes this is all too grim. fee must have been agreed if hes allowed to talk to them? anything less than £2million is a joke.

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 09:26 AM
It just came up on Hayes twitter feed that he has requested to delete all his tweets (auto message from Twitter when someone attempts it)… could be worrying as I know he said some stuff earlier in the season about Celtic that could be incriminating if he signed for them… worrying times.

Doric_GK
02-06-2017, 09:28 AM
****sakes this is all too grim. fee must have been agreed if hes allowed to talk to them? anything less than £2million is a joke.

He's just tweeted for the first time in nearly a year - looks like an auto tweet for a service that deletes all your previous activity. Erasing history. Sad times.

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 09:30 AM
jonny hayes‏ @jonnyhayes7 · 15m15 minutes ago

I just registered to http://DeleteAllTweets.com/ to delete all my Tweets instantly!

I think that tells us all we need to know

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Aye looks like he is tatties now. Raging if that's the case!

DJR1979
02-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Who was the last player to go from Aberdeen to Celtic?

rico94
02-06-2017, 09:51 AM

Spot on pacman, its almost like he is thinking now Sevco, Fearts and Hibs are back in the league we can just go back to our usual bottom 6 status when we should be building on what we have done for the past 4 years.I bet the money for Hayes doesnt go back into the squad and yes I think this will destroy any slim hope we had of keeping McInnes.

Good luck with getting folk to buy season tickets now wiggy, Im not.

Aldo1983
02-06-2017, 09:55 AM
He made his Instagram private a couple of days ago as well.

Aldo1983
02-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Just tweeting he deleted it by mistake.

What's the world come to!?

Aldo1983
02-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Aye looks like he is tatties now. Raging if that's the case!

Racist.

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Racist.
XD

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 10:02 AM
It looks a done deal. Milne getting pelters but just possible all this movement has been decided in the background over the past few months. Johnny may have resigned in Jan with the promise he gets the Celtic move in the summer. Does anyone believe the exodus is a surprise for Mcinnes, i just can't see him coming back to a rebuild job. Honestly, I don't think he fancies it anymore and is part of the group jumping ship. The club can't back him or issue ultimatum. They need the compo coming their way rather than backing DM into a corner and paying him compensation. SM has his hands tied. I'm not supporting him just looking at a different perspective. All i want is a new boss in seat asap and the club to start going forward beforethe season is upon us.

And Tommy Wright will do fine. His record more than stands up against DM's.

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Just tweeting he deleted it by mistake.

What's the world come to!?
aye, now tweeting it was a mistake as he was trying to delete his retweets. Now saying he is off back to Ireland as he is running out of Irish tea bags!

Mason89
02-06-2017, 10:08 AM
It looks a done deal. Milne getting pelters but just possible all this movement has been decided in the background over the past few months. Johnny may have resigned in Jan with the promise he gets the Celtic move in the summer. Does anyone believe the exodus is a surprise for Mcinnes, i just can't see him coming back to a rebuild job. Honestly, I don't think he fancies it anymore and is part of the group jumping ship. The club can't back him or issue ultimatum. They need the compo coming their way rather than backing DM into a corner and paying him compensation. SM has his hands tied. I'm not supporting him just looking at a different perspective. All i want is a new boss in seat asap and the club to start going forward beforethe season is upon us.

I think this is probably closer to the truth.

Still doesn't change the fact that Milnes a f*cking idiot and Celtics bitch

Aldo1983
02-06-2017, 10:23 AM
I think this is probably closer to the truth.

Still doesn't change the fact that Milnes a f*cking idiot and Celtics bitch

He is Celtics bitch but not sure what he's meant to do here. Having Hayes this long is pretty incredible considering how good he's been. I said just a couple of weeks ago that Celtic have been mental not trying to sign him.

Mason89
02-06-2017, 10:37 AM
He is Celtics bitch but not sure what he's meant to do here. Having Hayes this long is pretty incredible considering how good he's been. I said just a couple of weeks ago that Celtic have been mental not trying to sign him.

I would release a statement along the lines of Aberdeen are a selling club, every player has a value etc but we're not going to sell to our nearest rivals regardless of the price, as it's an insult to our support & we'd rather lose him for nothing when his contract expires. However, we will listen to offers from other clubs

That sort of thing

rico94
02-06-2017, 10:41 AM

He needs to give the cash we get for Hayes to whoever the manager is,we need to replace Hayes with a player equally as good or we are gonna struggle big time next season.

Knowing Milne he won't,the money for Hayes will never be spoke of again and we will sign a player from England no ones ever heard of for free or a Premier league player on loan.Thats the ambition of the man.

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 10:44 AM
I would release a statement along the lines of Aberdeen are a selling club, every player has a value etc but we're not going to sell to our nearest rivals regardless of the price, as it's an insult to our support & we'd rather lose him for nothing when his contract expires. However, we will listen to offers from other clubs

That sort of thing

He can't do it. We just beed to hope he does his best for AFC accepting that he is up against it. Adding to the impending departures I would think that McLean & Lewis are pretty close to heading out the exit also. A few quid available to reinvest though.

rico94
02-06-2017, 10:48 AM
He can't do it. We just beed to hope he does his best for AFC accepting that he is up against it. Adding to the impending departures I would think that McLean & Lewis are pretty close to heading out the exit also. A few quid available to reinvest though.

Why is he up against it?

macattack
02-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Who was the last player to go from Aberdeen to Celtic?

Was it Joe Miller ? No No its was that knob Mulgrew wasnt it :mad:

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
He can't win Rico. Whats he going to do? Turn down Celtic or AN Other approach. What does it achieve? All he can do is make the best possible return for Aberdeen knowing the cards are heavily stacked against him. As said earlier I now think this has been in place since January. SM can't front up mcinness. DM is in pole position. As much as Milne would probably love to give an ultimatum to DM he is in no position to do so. Where is DM in all this goings on? Why no comment from him regarding Hayes future? He is in Orlando not Mars. I'm fairly sure he knew what was about to unfold. I don't see hayes as the end of it. We can have around 3M available in the next week or so from compo and transfer fees. We rebuild and go again. I'll be amazed if Dm returns to AFC to do anything except collect his belongings.

Feck_the_Huns
02-06-2017, 11:10 AM
He needs to give the cash we get for Hayes to whoever the manager is,we need to replace Hayes with a player equally as good or we are gonna struggle big time next season.

Knowing Milne he won't,the money for Hayes will never be spoke of again and we will sign a player from England no ones ever heard of for free or a Premier league player on loan.Thats the ambition of the man.

Dundee Utd scenario, then?

DJR1979
02-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Was it Joe Miller ? No No its was that knob Mulgrew wasnt it :mad:

That's right, there was no fee though was there he just ran down his contract like a f@nny!

Stupie82
02-06-2017, 11:22 AM
We can have around 3M available in the next week or so from compo and transfer fees. We rebuild and go again. I'll be amazed if Dm returns to AFC to do anything except collect his belongings.

It's just a shame there is no chance in hell that any of the £3m (if it is that amount) will go back into rebuilding our team. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to cast their minds back over the last 10 years or so. We had good cup runs and European games over the last few years and we have barely seen a dime. I fully expect plenty of rhetoric about the money being used to stabalise our future and using it towards new stadium and training facilities.

SM doesnt make a habit of giving a transfer kitty to managers, so i doubt that will change. If Deek leaves too we really are in a mire and no doubt SM will employ some buffoon and his ambition will go to top 6 team with a cup final. I cant really fault SM on the Hayes situation, but he has had a clusterf*ck tenure IMO.

rico94
02-06-2017, 11:24 AM
He can't win Rico. Whats he going to do? Turn down Celtic or AN Other approach. What does it achieve? All he can do is make the best possible return for Aberdeen knowing the cards are heavily stacked against him. As said earlier I now think this has been in place since January. SM can't front up mcinness. DM is in pole position. As much as Milne would probably love to give an ultimatum to DM he is in no position to do so. Where is DM in all this goings on? Why no comment from him regarding Hayes future? He is in Orlando not Mars. I'm fairly sure he knew what was about to unfold. I don't see hayes as the end of it. We can have around 3M available in the next week or so from compo and transfer fees. We rebuild and go again. I'll be amazed if Dm returns to AFC to do anything except collect his belongings.

We are not in debt any more and Hayes has just signed a new contract, if he is p*ssed off that we wont let him move to Celtic tough thats life.Sell him to someone in England if he wants to go but if he is that desperate to leave why sign a new deal 6 months ago?

You are saying where is McInnes in all of this,where is Stewart Milne in all of this? Why hasn't he made a statement in regards to McInnes or Hayes?

I guarantee you if we get 3M in comp and transfer fees that money is going near the squad rebuilding.

rico94
02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Dundee Utd scenario, then?

If we are not careful its a possibility.

macattack
02-06-2017, 11:28 AM
That's right, there was no fee though was there he just ran down his contract like a f@nny!

Aye and was stealing a wage 2nd half of the season :mad:

sheepcrooky
02-06-2017, 11:30 AM
High chance that when Hayes re-signed earlier this year his agent put in a buy-out clause of roughly £1m. Players these days hold all the aces and Hayes would have been quite entitled to do this.

It would be a right kick in the chugs if he left, but at least he is giving something back to AFC. Unlike Judas cnut Jack who made a fool out of us.

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 11:45 AM
We are not in debt any more and Hayes has just signed a new contract, if he is p*ssed off that we wont let him move to Celtic tough thats life.Sell him to someone in England if he wants to go but if he is that desperate to leave why sign a new deal 6 months ago?

You are saying where is McInnes in all of this,where is Stewart Milne in all of this? Why hasn't he made a statement in regards to McInnes or Hayes?

I guarantee you if we get 3M in comp and transfer fees that money is going near the squad rebuilding.

Rico if you think he signed a contract where he did not control his own destiny with a clause to get out at x transfer fee then you're dreaming. the only plus he is giving back to the club a 1M quid or so. We obviously agreed this was fair in January to both parties. SM can't comment. Any comment could result in having to dump DM plus hayes transfer fee going to the management team in compensation. He is in limbo. DM silence is telling in my opinion. I think he is gone. I think AFC knows he is gone and have to sit still until its finalised and take the compensation. Any comment from the chairman can really damage our finances at this time.

mind you i could be completely wrong

rico94
02-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Rico if you think he signed a contract where he did not control his own destiny with a clause to get out at x transfer fee then you're dreaming. the only plus he is giving back to the club a 1M quid or so. We obviously agreed this was fair in January to both parties. SM can't comment. Any comment could result in having to dump DM plus hayes transfer fee going to the management team in compensation. He is in limbo. DM silence is telling in my opinion. I think he is gone. I think AFC knows he is gone and have to sit still until its finalised and take the compensation. Any comment from the chairman can really damage our finances at this time.

mind you i could be completely wrong

To be fair Im just p*ssed off that we are losing Hayes, he probably does have a clause in his contract and at least we are getting money for him, Im pretty sure we could have got the same even if he didn't sign the contract as he had a year left on his deal.

I think DM is gone too, so are you telling me that if we get 2-3 million from the Hayes deal and McInnes compensation you will not be p*ssed off if that money doesn't go back into rebuilding the squad?

Because I don't think it will and its gonna leave us up sh@t creak.

NewOrleansRed
02-06-2017, 12:04 PM
To be fair Im just p*ssed off that we are losing Hayes, he probably does have a clause in his contract and at least we are getting money for him, Im pretty sure we could have got the same even if he didn't sign the contract as he had a year left on his deal.

I think DM is gone too, so are you telling me that if we get 2-3 million from the Hayes deal and McInnes compensation you will not be p*ssed off if that money doesn't go back into rebuilding the squad?

Aye. The worst case scenario is unfolding. Our Captain goes to Rangers, best player goes to Celtic for pennies and manager potentially offski. If you're Derek McInnes surely you leave now. Why stay? He's on a hiding to nothing. He doesn't have the money or players to improve on last years results. I think we're in pretty deep shiit now. Exodus of assets here we come.

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 12:10 PM

Of course I'll be pissed. Will it be different to anything thats ever gone before? No. My worry is that I don't think it's finished yet. I expect McLean, Lewis and possibly Logan to move on. Any new boss needs 1.5M minimum to rebuild. Football, like most job industries, is a small world where all are very aware of everyone else business. You remember how mad DM was with Pedro for the end of a cycle comment, it doesn't look as far fetched now!

NewOrleansRed
02-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Pedro looks like Mystic fvcking Meg right now..

rico94
02-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Of course I'll be pissed. Will it be different to anything thats ever gone before? No. My worry is that I don't think it's finished yet. I expect McLean, Lewis and possibly Logan to move on. Any new boss needs 1.5M minimum to rebuild. Football, like most job industries, is a small world where all are very aware of everyone else business. You remember how mad DM was with Pedro for the end of a cycle comment, it doesn't look as far fetched now!

This is the problem, in 20 odd years of Stewart Milne's tenure he finally got it right and we built a good squad, we made it to the Scottish cup final for the first time in 17 years and yes players and managers leave,but surely you continue to build on what you have done. Not let the team break up and not replace them with the same quality, teams who do that usually end up going one way.

thebeachend
02-06-2017, 12:27 PM
That is true, but we need to wait for the rebuild from manager to players. I don't think for a second SM and team are standing still. We need DM to leave for wherever in the next few days or come out and say i am going nowhere. Until then don't expect any noise out of Pittodrie. I believe we'll have a team on the park in 6 weeks ready to go and hold our position. I don't mind a shake up now and again. My fear is the silence, within 1 week max we need to know what direction we're taking. I'm sure DM phone has plenty texts from SM and Yule asking are you staying or leaving?

rico94
02-06-2017, 12:42 PM
That is true, but we need to wait for the rebuild from manager to players. I don't think for a second SM and team are standing still. We need DM to leave for wherever in the next few days or come out and say i am going nowhere. Until then don't expect any noise out of Pittodrie. I believe we'll have a team on the park in 6 weeks ready to go and hold our position. I don't mind a shake up now and again. My fear is the silence, within 1 week max we need to know what direction we're taking. I'm sure DM phone has plenty texts from SM and Yule asking are you staying or leaving?

I hope you are right, I can just see all these players leaving and SM not putting the money back into squad, leaving us to try to replace these guys with free transfers and loan signings resulting in us going back to the dross we have been served up for the last 20 years.

Again I hope Im wrong and you are right.

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Latest Jonny tweet

"Anybody on here a bit of a tech geek? Basically deleted my twitter but need to get it back?... anyone clued in?"

At it or a genuine mistake. I suppose we will wait and see

Also don't use twitter so is it possible to "accidentally" do this

Herman
02-06-2017, 03:21 PM
I see the EE (I know..) is now claiming Christie would move to the Dons. Seeing as I'm resigned to Hayes being off I think that would actually be a decent deal, we'd get a player with his best years ahead and some cash, and one we know already fits in well with the team.

Plus, hopefully Hayes will get pissed off pulling splinters out of his arse and we can take him back on loan in 6 months time:D

RedStarTorphins
02-06-2017, 03:26 PM
I see the EE (I know..) is now claiming Christie would move to the Dons. Seeing as I'm resigned to Hayes being off I think that would actually be a decent deal, we'd get a player with his best years ahead and some cash, and one we know already fits in well with the team.

Plus, hopefully Hayes will get pissed off pulling splinters out of his arse and we can take him back on loan in 6 months time:D

I can't see him coming here permanently and going from say £8k per week to £2k per week.
He'd match his £8k per week easily in the English Championship
At best, it would be a loan IMO.

I'm playing championship Manager here, but £700k + Christie (We can use that to get Greg Stewart & GMS?

Probably talking sh1te

As I've said, the main task soon will be sorting out who is going to be manager.

Herman
02-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Sounds like GMS is off to the championship. Greg Stewart sounds a possibility. I'm a bit sick of loans to be honest. Though we've had some good ones you can lose them unexpectedly, or they can't play against exactly the team you need them most for.

Agree though - all the speculation means nothing until we get the manager sorted out.

rico94
02-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Not that it really matters but I see the Celtic fans aren't too keen on signing Hayes,the more I think of it I can't see him getting much game time especially if Roberts goes back.Sinclair is going to play if fit especially in the champions league so why go there?

If he doesn't want to stay with us he would be much better off going down to England but it's up to him it's his career.

Pacman1903
02-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Not that it really matters but I see the Celtic fans aren't too keen on signing Hayes,the more I think of it I can't see him getting much game time especially if Roberts goes back.Sinclair is going to play fit especially in the champions league so why go there?

If he doesn't want to stay with us he would be much better off going down to England but it's up to him it's his career.

4 pigs on here(for the record only one frequents the pigs sty). None of whom want him near them.

Jupiter
02-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Celtic buying Hayes is the traditional old firm trick of buying all the best players from other Scottish clubs and then hardly ever playing them.

redscot
02-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Celtic buying Hayes is the traditional old firm trick of buying all the best players from other Scottish clubs and then hardly ever playing them.

Aye, and then complaining they have no competition....

rico94
02-06-2017, 05:54 PM

I hope he realises that.

RealPompeyDon
02-06-2017, 06:14 PM
It's the old firm way, they just can't get over anyone doing well against them, so they buy them to stifle the opposition, no wonder the game in Scotland's in such a mess. He'll be lucky to play more than 15 games a season, and most of them will be in the League cup, Scottish cup, or against diddy teams in the league. just hope you know what you're in for Jonny.

fittiered
02-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Jonny will get plenty games in the league cup... and the end of season games against Motherwell, Partick and ranjiz you know the lower in the league teams....

Sheep On Fire
02-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Jonny will get plenty games in the league cup... and the end of season games against Motherwell, Partick and ranjiz you know the lower in the league teams....

Jonny will swap places in the pecking order with Christie, the odd game at Killie and the likes between CL games and the early rounds of the cups

Jupiter
02-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Jonny will swap places in the pecking order with Christie, the odd game at Killie and the likes between CL games and the early rounds of the cups

Or to put it another way, he will be getting more money for less work.

02-06-2017, 07:46 PM
It's a fecking disgrace we sell anyone to a rival team. It should be club policy that we don't. Can't blame the players for looking to make a few quid but strategically it's just a stupid thing for us to do.

GGMDONS
03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
To let Jonny go for less than 2m is a disgrace & to let him go to our big competitor should increase the price by a further 1m

AFC just take their fans for granted & presume the fans will keep going.

If SM isn't careful we will have a new stadium but no fans to fill it but then he will not care as long as he gets the contract to build the new stadium & the current land to build his seaview apartments.

I Suspect once the stadiums built he will not be long in leaving the club for someone else to clean up the mess he has left behind

RedStarTorphins
03-06-2017, 03:59 AM
So the latest wit Jonny is this;

Celtic proposing 2 options;

1) £1.2mcash
2) £750k & Christie..... but only on loan!!

So they're essentially wanting us to pay £450k for Christie to develop him for one season then hand him back..

If RC doesn't want to come permanently that's fine, it's his choice.

But Lawell should be told by Milne to f*ck off!!

But Milne is weak & will bend over likely.

Pacman1903
03-06-2017, 05:29 AM
1) £1.2mcash
2) £750k & Christie..... but only on loan!!

They can ram both of them right up their arse

vinnydesalvo
03-06-2017, 06:20 AM
£2m cash or £1.25m and Christie, permanent, or no deal. Anything less is unacceptable and will be catalyst for swift return to dark times where the last concern for Milne will be an empty new stadium as there more than likely wouldn't be one.

RedStarTorphins
03-06-2017, 07:51 AM
The problem is essentially Christie's salary/wages..
The £450k I mentioned above will be RC's annual salary.
That's £9k per week.
Understandably he doesn't want to give up 2 years of £9k per week.
We understandably don't want to pay it either.
He won't want to sign permanently as even if he was in the top earning bracket at Pittodrie he'd be looking at around £3.5k per week?

If Hayes is hell bent on the Celtic move then straight cash only I'd say.
He may even have a release clause so we can't even haggle.

The silence of the club is deafening.

rico94
03-06-2017, 08:45 AM
If Aberdeen go for that deal of cash for Hayes plus Christie on loan we really are Celtics bitch,we would be as well just tell Celtic they can have the 12 points next season and not bother playing them.

Pacman1903
03-06-2017, 08:48 AM
If Aberdeen go for that deal of cash for Hayes plus Christie on loan we really are Celtics bitch,we would be as well just tell Celtic they can have the 12 points next season and not bother playing them.

We are anyway, the 6 game whitewash proves it

Sheep On Fire
03-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Obviously this deal was hatched back in January, I always found it strange they loaned us Christie in the first place
Christie must come permanent or no deal another loan is pointless and would certainly have a fan backlash. I think we could just about get our head round it if Christie became our player

blowupsheep
03-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Why should Christie actually come to us when he has no idea who is going to be here if he does come, at least 4 or 5 of the players that he played with this past season are not going to be there and these 4 or 5 players certainly helped him appear to be a good player. I am not saying he is not a good player but why should he consider coming when he has no idea what he is coming to? the silence and lack of activity from our club just now is both worrying and sickening.

COYR

Jussi
03-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Why should Christie actually come to us when he has no idea who is going to be here

Once he's done celebrating the cup victory ,he can make some level headed decisions.

RedStarTorphins
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Why should Christie actually come to us when he has no idea who is going to be here if he does come, at least 4 or 5 of the players that he played with this past season are not going to be there and these 4 or 5 players certainly helped him appear to be a good player. I am not saying he is not a good player but why should he consider coming when he has no idea what he is coming to? the silence and lack of activity from our club just now is both worrying and sickening.

COYR

Not forgetting a new manager will be required.

Fraser10
03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
the level of hysteria on here is quite unbelievable. no one knows what is going on behind the scenes, everyone just wants to believe everything they read in the press.

chill out, everything will work out in the end.

GGMDONS
03-06-2017, 09:59 AM
the biggest problem with AFC is we don't trust the Board especially SM & they don't comment on any speculation so some people presume the worst.

The worrying thing is we seem to be letting all out of contract players leave & their is no word on replacements, just rumors

DonVincenzo (The II)
03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Why does so many on here assume we need a new manager? I just dont get it.
Either your media loving doom mongers or McInnes is a lier and he would choose to leave to a club thats not very special. (after all, he said as recent as 4 days ago he would only leave aberdeen for something special)

Pauldolski10
03-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I have heard from a fairly decent source that the deals on the table are 1.2 mill + Christie for a season or 750k + permanent Christie and its Christie who is stalling as he is awaiting the outcome of the Mcinnes situation and that won't be decided until Del returns from his holidays after the international break.

vinnydesalvo
03-06-2017, 12:27 PM
the level of hysteria on here is quite unbelievable. no one knows what is going on behind the scenes, everyone just wants to believe everything they read in the press.

On the off-chance that McInnes, Lewis, Logan and McLean follow McGinn and Hayes out of the door and Tommy Wright is holding the red and white scarf aloft - will you still be calm and still be convinced this was the plan all along and not something prearranged?

slyfox
03-06-2017, 12:28 PM
I have heard from a fairly decent source that the deals on the table are 1.2 mill + Christie for a season or 750k + permanent Christie and its Christie who is stalling as he is awaiting the outcome of the Mcinnes situation and that won't be decided until Del returns from his holidays after the international break.

Sunderland and Aberdeen are desperate to get their manager's situations sorted out as soon as possible, I can't see them waiting until Mcinnes is back from his holidays.

vinnydesalvo
03-06-2017, 12:38 PM
One wouldn't be surprised if the McInnes clan don't just stay on in Mount Florida for another week.

InversneckieDob
03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm wondering if there's a buy-out in the extension that Hayes signed.
1.2 mil is derisory for a player of his ability with 2 years left on his contract when you see what absolute puddings are going for in Perfidious Albion.

Possibly a buy-out was put in as a sweetener for him to sign?

TBH the raselickbyrawaybutbigman doesn't make any sense to me.
He doesn't fit their need or age demographic at all.
They have wide players coming out their lugs and their transfer strategy seems to have been to pick up young, unheralded players then selling them on (to Southampton).

Sheep On Fire
03-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I believe the Christie stalling thing is purely financial, he is clearly wanting a pay off and quite right, I don't think the Mcinnes situation will come into it.

Feck_the_Huns
03-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Skunk is nae all its cracked up to be, son. Get real

mondo_notion
03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm wondering if there's a buy-out in the extension that Hayes signed.
1.2 mil is derisory for a player of his ability with 2 years left on his contract when you see what absolute puddings are going for in Perfidious Albion.

Possibly a buy-out was put in as a sweetener for him to sign?

TBH the raselickbyrawaybutbigman doesn't make any sense to me.
He doesn't fit their need or age demographic at all.
They have wide players coming out their lugs and their transfer strategy seems to have been to pick up young, unheralded players then selling them on (to Southampton).

Good chance it is just them flexing their muscles. If they get Jonny for the any of the prices that have been stated, it puts us down a peg or 2 and it gives them a nice little option to have on their bench. I would see it as purely business on their part (even though Rodgers does have a bit of history with him). It's peanuts to them but everything to us. Going to be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Donanddusted
03-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Either your media loving doom mongers or McInnes is a lier and he would choose to leave to a club thats not very special. (after all, he said as recent as 4 days ago he would only leave aberdeen for something special)

I've heard he's in for the post as the new Mr Tumble.

theram1975
04-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Hayes starting for Ireland again tonight.

Sky sources saying Cardiff are back in with £1.2 million.

Pacman1903
04-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Whats that, hes a starting international. 5m it is then ;D

dons8321
04-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Hopefully it's true. Rather see him in Cardiff than with the tims.

RedStarTorphins
04-06-2017, 05:49 PM

If that only matches Celtic it changes nothing.
JH preference will still be Cardiff.
Cardiff would need to offer more, then we can tell Celtic to p1ss up a ripe, or it forces them to pay more.

Feck_the_Huns
04-06-2017, 06:15 PM
JH preference will still be Cardiff.

why do you think that, Red?

kkong
04-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Going by the context of his post, it's a mis-type and he meant that Jonny will still prefer Celtic.

87kilos
04-06-2017, 06:20 PM
My understanding is that Hayes will be a Celtic player.

Not sure how good the "source" is that told me this.

RedStarTorphins
04-06-2017, 06:23 PM

Sorry!
I meant his preference will still be CELTIC!

RedStarTorphins
04-06-2017, 06:25 PM

He'll see Sunderland as potential stepping stone to EPL, that's why, despite the "baggage"

Pacman1903
05-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Set to have talks with the pigs today.

Back to you Dod Yule, how is this enticing fans to come through the gates

rico94
05-06-2017, 07:43 AM
The papers are linking Roberts and Borini with Moves to Celtic although AC Milan are also interested in Borini.

Hope you enjoy sitting on the Celtic bench Jonny.

TheRedRichard
05-06-2017, 08:27 AM
The papers are linking Roberts and Borini with Moves to Celtic although AC Milan are also interested in Borini.

Yup, best order in some Anusol...

andoplzcumbak
05-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Looking at it coldly from an outsiders point of view. He's given us some of his best years, has signed a deal which will make us transfer money, and is now, possibly, seeing a chance for a last big payday.
It's very frustrating that it could be Celtic, but you can't really blame him.

Aldo1983
05-06-2017, 08:47 AM

From his point of view he probably thinks he will get a game and I think he would as well. He's 29, has hardly won anything and would make plenty of money. Unfortunately the move makes sense for him.

standfreelee
05-06-2017, 08:55 AM
bye, bye jonny. we'll miss you

vinnydesalvo
05-06-2017, 08:56 AM
He has the ability to start ahead of the esteemed competition. Has been a great servant for his free transfer. Wish him all the best. Jack however...break a leg son.

Stupie82
05-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Agreed, absolutely no issue with Jonny, I'd wish him all the best. Situation is night and day from Jack.

It's just really unfortunate timing.

...and its Celtic. My biggest fear is that we have now potentially sold/lost two players to our nearest rivals, while hardly strengthening (early days i know). Theres Sevco signing a boy for £1.5m today and have taken in 5 players in total now. While they may not be youthful superstars, they are making moves. The tims will do the same, yet we are weakening and thats the worry for me. I cant deny Johnny his move, its just a shame its to one of our rivals.

rico94
05-06-2017, 09:38 AM
From his point of view he probably thinks he will get a game and I think he would as well. He's 29, has hardly won anything and would make plenty of money. Unfortunately the move makes sense for him.

If the pigs sign Roberts and Borini he will be up against Sinclair, Forrest, Roberts and Borini for one of wide positions.

He will get game time but as much as GMS did, the odd game/substitute appearance,probably get a few medals and more cash so good luck to him.

Aldo1983
05-06-2017, 11:03 AM
If the pigs sign Roberts and Borini he will be up against Sinclair, Forrest, Roberts and Borini for one of wide positions.

He will get game time but as much as GMS did, the odd game/substitute appearance,probably get a few medals and more cash so good luck to him.

If

rico94
05-06-2017, 11:15 AM
If

You seriously think they are only gonna sign Jonny for that position and play him regularly?

Hayes was a great player of us but his crossing could be woeful at times, Im sure the others I mentioned can have off days too but Hayes isnt an upgrade on Roberts, if they dont sign him or Borini they will sign someone else for a few million and the first choice wingers will be Sinclair and Roberts or another with Hayes and Forrest back ups.

Sheep On Fire
05-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Hayes to me is now an ex Aberdeen player, looks like they will sign Roberts permanently and he struggled to get off the bench for large spells of his loan, can't see Jonny getting much game time he is 30 next month and probably sees this as his last chance of a big pay day good luck to him I am just hoping we can get Christie on a permanent deal

Mason89
05-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Signing Hayes has nothing to do with making them stronger, it's about making us weaker.

There's plenty of other examples

Feck_the_Huns
05-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Signing Hayes has nothing to do with making them stronger, it's about making us weaker.

There's plenty of other examples

I don't buy that philosophy. Maybe in this past yes, but not in this case.

They know we ain't touching them, for the foreseeable future, but they want us to be reasonably strong to keep Sevco at bay, in 2nd place, hence the Christie loan in January

DandiesLegend
05-06-2017, 12:52 PM
I am probably in a very small Minority here. I am gutted to see Hayes leave really am. He has been by far our best player, but realistically this is our last chance to realize any value for him, couple the fact we getting the cash and possibly Christie permanently we have a player outgoing (Albeit one of our best players) that's best is almost behind him, and we potentially have a fantastic young player with his best yet to come coming into the team. So although im gutted I actually think makes good sense and could turn out to be a good deal all round.

The_Moog
05-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Couple of things appear obvious to me.

Now that Cardiff have offered the same £1.2 million for Hayes its clear that is the release clause figure required. Heard from a reliable source he has a release clause now - though didn't say how much. As per above I think the required figure is pretty obvious.

Also, the lack of noise, or any signing activity tells me McInnes is offski too - we'll not be doing any more business until the new guy is in place.

Depressing times. Wish Johnny all the best though. Nae happy he’s leaving and certainly nae happy where he appears to be going – but he’s done it the right way and done the right thing by us. Unlike that other little rat c’unt at the huns – I hope that goes horribly wrong for him.

Pacman1903
05-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I wish Jonny all the best unless he becomes a pigs

RED_JOHN
05-06-2017, 05:24 PM
STV news reporting that Celtic could have Hayes tomorrow! >:(

Aldo1983
05-06-2017, 08:26 PM

They know we ain't touching them, for the foreseeable future, but they want us to be reasonably strong to keep Sevco at bay, in 2nd place, hence the Christie loan in January

I completely agree. Rodgers loves Hayes and with good reason. We are their bitch and they will use us as a buffer.

We are the Victorian era Afghanistan.

Aldo1983
05-06-2017, 08:29 PM
STV news reporting that Celtic could have Hayes tomorrow! >:(

If he tweets #onceadonalwaysadon I'm giving up.

rico94
05-06-2017, 08:42 PM
I completely agree. Rodgers loves Hayes and with good reason. We are their bitch and they will use us as a buffer.

We are the Victorian era Afghanistan.

Why does Rodgers love Hayes?

Just because he has put his arm round him at the end of our matches against them ?

He could have been thanking him for making an erse of his crosses in a couple of the games.

I can't see Rodgers building his team around a 30 year old because they have history,he will be spending a lot more time in the dugout with him.

RED_JOHN
05-06-2017, 08:50 PM
If he tweets #onceadonalwaysadon I'm giving up.

I really like Hayes as an Aberdeen player but as soon as he pulls on an opposition shirt he will lose my support. He will not be welcomed to Pittodrie by myself and many others.
He may even surprise everyone and tell Celtic where to go. I doubt that though.

Aldo1983
05-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Why does Rodgers love Hayes?

Just because he has put his arm round him at the end of our matches against them ?

He could have been thanking him for making an erse of his crosses in a couple of the games.

I can't see Rodgers building his team around a 30 year old because they have history,he will be spending a lot more time in the dugout with him.

Outside of them and Shinnie, he's the best player in the league. He scores, sets up goals, has the ability to have fans on their feet when he runs with the ball and he is a grafter.

I don't know who mentioned that Rodgers will build the team around him.

They will be expected to be in the group stages of the mega super duper European cup as well as win the treble.

krakowdon
05-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Maybe they don't want us a strong second. Better weegie box office to have Rangers a (distant) second.

Aldo1983
06-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Maybe they don't want us a strong second. Better weegie box office to have Rangers a (distant) second.

They don't want us strong, they just want us to be strong enough to bite away at Sevco.

Pacman1903
06-06-2017, 07:47 AM
He signed yet?

awafaehame
06-06-2017, 02:17 PM
He signed yet?

Not yet I don't think, but I see that the tims are getting 4 x's the amount of money for a former player moving on, than they will give to us for our best player......

Makes me sick

Pauldolski10
07-06-2017, 06:23 AM
We have told the Tims to up their offer if they want him, Cardiff submitted a bid and Birmingham and Forest are preparing to as well.

Getintaethem
07-06-2017, 07:21 AM
We have told the Tims to up their offer if they want him, Cardiff submitted a bid and Birmingham and Forest are preparing to as well.

if Celtic are only offering money and a season long loan for Christie, I can see Hayes going to Birmingham.

Thankfully, Aberdeen are not DU and we wont just crumble at any attention coming our way from Celtic.

Nothing short of a large offer, GMS and Christie as permanent signings or Celtic can take a jump. I would rather he went down south and good luck to him there. Been a great servant of the club.

DJR1979
07-06-2017, 07:23 AM

Looks like this will rumble on for a few weeks yet, by the way it's going I'll be surprised if we see Christie in a red shirt again.

macattack
07-06-2017, 07:48 AM
if Celtic are only offering money and a season long loan for Christie, I can see Hayes going to Birmingham.

Thankfully, Aberdeen are not DU and we wont just crumble at any attention coming our way from Celtic.

Nothing short of a large offer, GMS and Christie as permanent signings or Celtic can take a jump. I would rather he went down south and good luck to him there. Been a great servant of the club.

Stuff that :mad: we should Demand 1M + Christie as a permanent signing for Jonny Hayes going to smeltic especially if the are getting 10M from the sale of Van Dijk :(

Pauldolski10
07-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Looks like this will rumble on for a few weeks yet, by the way it's going I'll be surprised if we see Christie in a red shirt again.

Christie has agreed to come on loan but Aberdeen wanting more money from Tims plus the loan

87kilos
07-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Christie has agreed to come on loan but Aberdeen wanting more money from Tims plus the loan

Guess he's just like everyone else wants the best deal for himself which is a shame as I genuinely believed that he enjoyed his time at Aberdeen, always seemed really positive when he was interviewed.

He certainly has a future in the game but I doubt that will progress sitting on the bench or in the stands at Celtic. Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and put yourself in the shop window, playing regularly for Aberdeen will allow him that opportunity. He has plenty of time to make big money, he's a young lad.

DJR1979
07-06-2017, 10:19 AM

I have no doubt he would like to come back, but if Celtic don't get Hayes like they want then they will loan him to anybody else but us. Personally I'd like to see him as a actual signing, but that will only happen if Celtic get Hayes which I don't want.

Feck_the_Huns
07-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I have no doubt he would like to come back, but if Celtic don't get Hayes like they want then they will loan him to anybody else but us. Personally I'd like to see him as a actual signing, but that will only happen if Celtic get Hayes which I don't want.

Yeah the dream scenario is that we sign Christie permanently, and Hayes goes to Cardiff
No no scenario is that Hayes goes to Celtic, and we get Christie on loan, or not at all.
Compromise scenario is that we do a swap, and we get £750K, which I think is what we are pushing for. Means McLean could be sold on, if that is his wish.

If we don't get Christie, then Kenny McLean becomes a difficult position cos no way can we afford to lose him if Christie doesnt come in

Bridieeater
07-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Yeah the dream scenario is that we sign Christie permanently, and Hayes goes to Cardiff
No no scenario is that Hayes goes to Celtic, and we get Christie on loan, or not at all.
Compromise scenario is that we do a swap, and we get £750K, which I think is what we are pushing for. Means McLean could be sold on, if that is his wish.

If we don't get Christie, then Kenny McLean becomes a difficult position cos no way can we afford to lose him if Christie doesnt come in

Christie wont sign permanently and you also have to consider that perhaps other clubs will look to getting him on loan so don't assume Christie coming to us is a banker.

neilthedon
07-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Christie wont sign permanently and you also have to consider that perhaps other clubs will look to getting him on loan so don't assume Christie coming to us is a banker.

Hibs ?

AFC14
07-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Guess he's just like everyone else wants the best deal for himself which is a shame as I genuinely believed that he enjoyed his time at Aberdeen, always seemed really positive when he was interviewed.

He certainly has a future in the game but I doubt that will progress sitting on the bench or in the stands at Celtic. Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and put yourself in the shop window, playing regularly for Aberdeen will allow him that opportunity. He has plenty of time to make big money, he's a young lad.

Whilst I get your point, have we really proven to be a 'shop window' kind of team? Hayes is the first player we'll have sold on under McInnes' tenure. However, the other argument is that it just shows how much McInnes makes you want to stay at AFC, etc...

awafaehame
07-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Heard earlier that Christie is coming but only on loan.

FVCK THAT!

Not interested in taking him on loan, and having him sit out all the games against the tims. We build up a head of steam, with him being pivotal to our success, then bang, we play the tims, and we have to change the team.

Either sign properly and play in every game or don't bother coming. Sign someone that we CAN play in every game.

andoplzcumbak
07-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Hibs ?

That was my thinking, Lennon will surely be trying to pull strings there.. I'd rather have him on another and unable to play the filth than not have him and a rival team to get him.

Gives us more time to work on him signing a permanent deal too..

Pacman1903
07-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Heard earlier that Christie is coming but only on loan.

That would be riddiculous putting it mildly

Sheep On Fire
07-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Christie on loan is a waste of time it needs to be permanent

RedStarTorphins
07-06-2017, 07:07 PM
If Birmingham are interested as suggested, then how about a deal involving Greg Stewart?
Plays wide right so could replace Niall McGinn?

Maybe £800-£900k + Stewart?

We could then use the cash to re-invest in a couple of players.

Pacman1903
07-06-2017, 07:30 PM
If Birmingham are interested as suggested, then how about a deal involving Greg Stewart?
Plays wide right so could replace Niall McGinn?

Maybe £800-£900k + Stewart?

We could then use the cash to re-invest in a couple of players.

Much better suggestion than Christie on loan

RedStarTorphins
07-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Much better suggestion than Christie on loan

If RC is to come back, the only chance is a loan.
He (understandably) doesn't want to give up his weekly salary of £8k-£9k per week.

Sad to think a reserve player & 4th choice in his position earns three times what our top earners get.

awafaehame
07-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Christie on loan is a waste of time it needs to be permanent

Correct

fittiered
07-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Just heard that a friend of a friend high up at Pittodrie has said that Hayes wants to play in England. Take that any way you want but that friends friend is at a high high level.......

sonofrgmsdad
07-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Just heard that a friend of a friend high up at Pittodrie has said that Hayes wants to play in England. Take that any way you want but that friends friend is at a high high level.......

Rules out Cardiff then? ��

fittiered
07-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Not totally necessary sonofrgmsdad, ken?

sonofrgmsdad
07-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Not totally necessary sonofrgmsdad, ken?

I don't understand. Cardiff being capital of Wales means playing most games an Wales rather than England? What's unnecessary? A wee joke re the UK brings some offence?

jacksgranda
07-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Don't tell Celtic or the team pretending to be Rangers they wil think they can play in any country they want or at least any country who will have them.
Sadly for them but even more sadly for the sane Scottish fitba fan the only country daft enough to embrace them is us thus ruining our game for the forseeable future.

fittiered
07-06-2017, 09:57 PM
I don't understand. Cardiff being capital of Wales means playing most games an Wales rather than England? What's unnecessary? A wee joke re the UK brings some offence?

I'm not offended at all.

TheRedRichard
08-06-2017, 10:26 AM
maybe get 1.5M for Hayes to England, and buy Christie for 500k?

awafaehame
08-06-2017, 10:33 AM
maybe get 1.5M for Hayes to England, and buy Christie for 500k?

I don't think that the buying him bit is that big a problem, it'll be the 8k a week that he's on posing more of an issue....

macattack
08-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't think that the buying him bit is that big a problem, it'll be the 8k a week that he's on posing more of an issue....

I think its been asked before whats our Top Wage earner on ? 6K ? it is not aboot time we broke it for a player like Christie ?

Doric_GK
08-06-2017, 11:45 AM
I think its been asked before whats our Top Wage earner on ? 6K ? it is not aboot time we broke it for a player like Christie ?

Isn't that partly why AFC ended up with financial problems from the 90's until very recently. Breaking the wage barrier for a host of big name players? No doubt it upsets the dressing room and sets a new level that they all want. Living within our means isn't very ***y or exciting but i don't think throwing money at a player/problem is the answer. Take him on loan - worked last year, why wouldn't it work next? The only issue is if he's not allowed to play against Celtic.

87kilos
08-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Can't have Christie earning more than Shinnie. Also if I remember correctly Willie Miller had it written into his contract that he had to be the highest paid player at the club. If Aberdeen signed a new player on X then Willie got his increased to Y.

Also Sir Alex had it in his Manchester United contract that no player would earn more than the manager.

Upping wages for one player may trigger clauses in other contracts meaning wage rises through the squad which can add serious financial strain.

Stick to our budget, hopefully players like May or even Stewart realise that what we can pay them plus give them a platform to get their careers back on track benefits them more in the long run.

rico94
08-06-2017, 01:17 PM
According to Sky Sports Cardiff are no longer interested in Hayes,they offered 750k rising to 1.2 million but we rejected it so they have withdrawn their offer.

Yet if Hayes was playing for another club down south Im sure they would have happily paid a couple of million for him.

edgarprais
08-06-2017, 03:07 PM

£4,500 pw.

Not a chance in hell are we going to pay £8k pw. Not since Craig Hignett (£6,700) have we paid that kind of cash.

57vintage
08-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Just do the sensible thing and ban loans between clubs in the same division.

When the Masons sold Christie to the Tims, it meant that he could play against everyone except the Tims. They beat us 2-1 in early October, ending our record-breaking start to last season, with Christie playing a major part, I am told. That is a major disadvantage to every other club in the division. Madness.

The_Verninator
08-06-2017, 04:18 PM
According to Sky Sports Cardiff are no longer interested in Hayes,they offered 750k rising to 1.2 million but we rejected it so they have withdrawn their offer.

Yet if Hayes was playing for another club down south Im sure they would have happily paid a couple of million for him.

Yep...quite happy to come in with a p*ss poor offer thinking we will beg for it...hopefully if true we told them to do one.

The_Verninator
08-06-2017, 04:24 PM

No chance our we are paying 6k...nor should we be...we have a wage structure stick to it.

If you can't get by on 1-2K then find some other mug.

We should never smash the wage structure for one player...no matter how good the think they are.

Go down that road just leads to a whole host of problems which we have just come out of ie debt.

InversneckieDob
08-06-2017, 05:54 PM

I'd be amazed if any of our lot are on close to 6 a week.
Highest earner would be closer to half that.

Sheep On Fire
08-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Our highest earner who I believe is Hayes is around 4K a week, Cammy Smith was on 1.5k a week with us, they will also have bonuses on top, I don't think the wage is Christies problem to join us he wants Timmy to pay up his contract which is fair enough in my book as they gave him the contract they should honour it

macattack
08-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Our highest earner who I believe is Hayes is around 4K a week, Cammy Smith was on 1.5k a week with us, they will also have bonuses on top, I don't think the wage is Christies problem to join us he wants Timmy to pay up his contract which is fair enough in my book as they gave him the contract they should honour it

Cheers For the Info Sheep , We so need a new owner that can attract money and bump up our offer of wages :(

DJR1979
13-06-2017, 07:16 AM
BBC gossip has the Tims in with 1.3m and Christie for Hayes

sallan2000
13-06-2017, 08:17 AM
That represents a better deal for us although its still a sicken-er to sell to them.

Problem is that I doubt Cardiff are going to raise their bid again.....

KIWIRED
13-06-2017, 08:46 AM
This one is dragging on now, love Johnny, great club servant, but if he has to go 1.3 and Christie is a good deal

Whats the hold up ?

DandiesLegend
13-06-2017, 09:10 AM
This one is dragging on now, love Johnny, great club servant, but if he has to go 1.3 and Christie is a good deal

Whats the hold up ?

Birmingham's bid of 1.5 and Stewart maybe ;D

Pacman1903
13-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Never a good deal selling to them though. Doesnt matter how much

macattack
13-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Birmingham's bid of 1.5 and Stewart maybe ;D

Like that idea :) Is Stewart an out and out striker or can he play on wing ?

kkong
13-06-2017, 10:00 AM

It's the Daily Express with the story and they say it's £1.3m and 1 year loan of Christie.

TheRedRichard
13-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Maybe the hold up is um our managerial uncertainty :s

macattack
13-06-2017, 10:03 AM
It's the Daily Express with the story and they say it's £1.3m and 1 year loan of Christie.

Bad Deal I would rather we takes Brums ! (if true)

DJR1979
13-06-2017, 11:52 AM

Sorry I should have read further into it. That's no good to us at all, we'd need him full time for that to work

sallan2000
13-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Sorry I should have read further into it. That's no good to us at all, we'd need him full time for that to work

Yup, a loan works in favour of Celtic even more. Christie gets good experience while not being available for games against them, unless that is not included in the deal, in the same way Roberts played against Man City for them last season. Not likely though....

thebeachend
13-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Not ideal, but I would be taking that now. That's 2.3 M in the kitty with maybe another 1M too come in. Even giving the new man 1 - 1.5M we be in good shape.

rico94
13-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Not ideal, but I would be taking that now. That's 2.3 M in the kitty with maybe another 1M too come in. Even giving the new man 1 - 1.5M we be in good shape.

No chance the new manager is getting anywhere near that amount to spend.

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 03:31 PM

"another £1m to come"...where's that from? ANOTHER player being sold?
And if we did have £2.3m from Hayes & McInnes, we'd need (guessing) £200,000 for compo for Tommy feckin Wright.
as for transfer fees, this is Milne we're talking about - doubt it would happen....hence going for Tommy Wright who's the cheap option

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 04:15 PM
"another £1m to come"...where's that from? ANOTHER player being sold?
And if we did have £2.3m from Hayes & McInnes, we'd need (guessing) £200,000 for compo for Tommy feckin Wright.
as for transfer fees, this is Milne we're talking about - doubt it would happen....hence going for Tommy Wright who's the cheap option

There was a wee rumour that QPR were interested in McLean.
With 1 year left to go, I'm sure AFC would rather cash in and make some profit on the investment rather than lose for nothing next year.

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 04:20 PM
There was a wee rumour that QPR were interested in McLean.
With 1 year left to go, I'm sure AFC would rather cash in and make some profit on the investment rather than lose for nothing next year.

That would top off a thoroughly miserable summer.

McInnes. McGinn. Hayes. McLean out.

Tommy Wright in.

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 05:05 PM
That would top off a thoroughly miserable summer.

McInnes. McGinn. Hayes. McLean out.

Tommy Wright in.

Dinna be such a gloom merchant

Tansey Replaces Jack
O'Connor replaces Taylor
Wright replaces McGinn
Stewart (If we get him) replaces Hayes
Christie (If we get him ) replaces McLean

The squad was always going to need freshening up and these potential replacements could mean the team are not impacted that much whilst adding a more youthful edge.

awafaehame
13-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Dinna be such a gloom merchant

Tansey Replaces Jack
O'Connor replaces Taylor
Wright replaces McGinn
Stewart (If we get him) replaces Hayes
Christie (If we get him ) replaces McLean

The squad was always going to need freshening up and these potential replacements could mean the team are not impacted that much whilst adding a more youthful edge.

Surely we are still going to need to get more faces though.
What you are suggesting, would leave us with about 18 outfield players.

We need to get in another centre half, a winger and two midfielders IMO

kigoretrout
13-06-2017, 05:38 PM
New manager should be trying to persuade Mclean to sign a contarct extension he was one of our better players and will be very hard to replace. All this nonsense about new manager being handed a kitty. Transfer fees are a windfall benefit and should not be factored into budget projections. We will continue to live within our means and will rely on free transfers as per usual.

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Surely we are still going to need to get more faces though.
What you are suggesting, would leave us with about 18 outfield players.

We need to get in another centre half, a winger and two midfielders IMO

Of course I think we could do with more.
My point was that it is entirely possible we could still have a great first 11 despite losing key players.
On top of the players I highlighted, I would prefer the priority was a centre forward like Moult.
Then a centre half like Devlin (ok he's injured now and there is a concern over his knee injuries. Getting away from the artificial pitch might help)

Feck_the_Huns
13-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Neil Warnock says Cardiff have pulled out of the running to sign Aberdeen ace Jonny Hayes - hinting that the Dons are stalling to get the best offer out of Celtic for the Irishman.

Hayes is at the centre of a four-way fight with Birmingham and Nottingham Forest also keen on luring him south.

Cardiff had reportedly tabled a seven-figure bid last week. But boss Warnock says the Bluebirds are now out of the running - and he took a swipe at Aberdeen for their handling of the situation.

"You can only wait for so long and you've got to move on," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if their manager Derek McInnes goes to Sunderland either.

"There might be other motives behind everything stalling.

"We've moved on and gone on to another one or two targets that haven't been mentioned yet."

Celtic have made a cash plus Ryan Christie on loan offer for Hayes. The Dons are also keen on out-of-favour Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

Donanddusted
13-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Neil Warnock says Cardiff have pulled out of the running to sign Aberdeen ace Jonny Hayes - hinting that the Dons are stalling to get the best offer out of Celtic for the Irishman.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.

£6 million and we'll say no more about it, you pr1ck!

TheRedRichard
13-06-2017, 08:20 PM
£6 million and we'll say no more about it, you pr1ck!

Neil Warnock can GTF. He's a nobody.

RED_JOHN
13-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Neil Warnock is assuming we are after 2 players from Celtic or he is that angry at Aberdeen disregarding his offer that he is trying to upset the club and annoy Celtic. Warnock is good at getting a reaction... Maybe we should tell him Johnny Hayes has bigger ambitions than Neil Warnock so a deal could not be agreed.

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Hayes is at the centre of a four-way fight with Birmingham and Nottingham Forest also keen on luring him south.

Cardiff had reportedly tabled a seven-figure bid last week. But boss Warnock says the Bluebirds are now out of the running - and he took a swipe at Aberdeen for their handling of the situation.

"You can only wait for so long and you've got to move on," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if their manager Derek McInnes goes to Sunderland either.

"There might be other motives behind everything stalling.

"We've moved on and gone on to another one or two targets that haven't been mentioned yet."

Celtic have made a cash plus Ryan Christie on loan offer for Hayes. The Dons are also keen on out-of-favour Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

So what would we value the three at?
Hayes? We allegedly got offered £1.3m for him?
Christie? £500k. Maybe moot point as likely a loan?
GMS? £250k-£300k?

So unlikely event of Christie permanent, approx £500k + those two
... or £900k-£1m + GMS & loan Christie?
I'd rather have Greg Stewart personally (than GMS)

All irrelevant as Tommy Wright might not want them ;)

RED_JOHN
13-06-2017, 08:44 PM
All irrelevant as Tommy Wright might not want them ;)

Tommy Wright might not mind as we would have enough money left over for Steven Anderson and Liam Craig :O

Pacman1903
13-06-2017, 08:49 PM
I'd rather have Greg Stewart personally (than GMS)
)

I don't rate the wee Wick(maybe Thurso or Scrabster) bawbag either. He's a light weight fanny and he is surplus at the pigs for that reason. One sense of being roughed up hes is out of a game and you have a spare wheel. Not for me

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't rate the wee Wick(maybe Thurso or Scrabster) bawbag either. He's a light weight fanny and he is surplus at the pigs for that reason. One sense of being roughed up hes is out of a game and you have a spare wheel. Not for me

I don't necessarily disagree.
If we got the Dundee Utd GMS for about £250k he'd be good.

But if we got the Celtic GMS, where the shirt seemed "too big" for him, then maybe not.

Feck_the_Huns
13-06-2017, 09:03 PM
I think all bets regarding new players are off, till the new manager comes in. We all know the kinda hammer throwers Tommy Wright would go for, but maybe Alex Neil or Keith Curle wouldn't fancy Christie or Greg Stewart either, and vice versa.

Really hope we have the new man in by friday at the latest, need to get cracking on new players

rico94
13-06-2017, 09:10 PM

I would rather sign him than some guy from the lower leagues of England who no ones ever heard of.

I would imagine he is surplus at the pigs because there are better wingers than him and Jonnys away to take his place on the bench.

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 09:16 PM
I think all bets regarding new players are off, till the new manager comes in. We all know the kinda hammer throwers Tommy Wright would go for, but maybe Alex Neil or Keith Curle wouldn't fancy Christie or Greg Stewart either, and vice versa.

Really hope we have the new man in by friday at the latest, need to get cracking on new players

Agreed FTH.
We need to move pronto.
We need new players for first team, asap

Then again... if it's Wright, feck knows what 4-5 he'd bring in.

rico94
13-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Agreed FTH.
We need to move pronto.
We need new players for first team, asap

Then again... if it's Wright, feck knows what 4-5 he'd bring in.

I would imagine we wouldn't have to worry about replacing Hayes and McGinn.

Probably have the 2 fullbacks Considine and O'Conner (Logan's too small for a Tommy Wright team) launching long balls up to Stockley to head on for Rooney.

nice1simmy
13-06-2017, 09:35 PM

He's from thurso,too much of a soft cnut to be from wick ;D9

RedStarTorphins
13-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Probably have the 2 fullbacks Considine and O'Conner (Logan's too small for a Tommy Wright team) launching long balls up to Stockley to head on for Rooney.

We can save money by selling our midfield, as the ball will by pass them

Mason89
13-06-2017, 10:00 PM

If he wins the Scottish Cup again, would anyone really give a sh1t?

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 10:08 PM

You slate DM yet you'd be happy to play chase hoofball.
Says it all really

Mason89
13-06-2017, 11:13 PM
You slate DM yet you'd be happy to play chase hoofball.
Says it all really

You just ignoring the countless times Ash Taylor was playing centre forward? How pretty was that football?

afc1903mad
14-06-2017, 05:27 AM
You just ignoring the countless times Ash Taylor was playing centre forward? How pretty was that football?

Lol, nice deflection attempt.
Playing Taylor upfront was utilised only as an alternative tactical option, when others had failed.
It was a reflection of the lack of depth in our squad.
Replaced this year with Shockley and I'm sure you recall a few games when this tactic worked to go on and win the game.
You seem to ignore the amount of great passing and movement play this year, with a preference of replacing that with Tommy Wright purely physical tactic.
Says it all really

Mason89
14-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Seeing as you watch St.Johnstone so much, how ***y was the football when McInnes managed them to 23 league goals in a season?

He's not left yet and already the myths are starting

rico94
14-06-2017, 07:49 AM

What makes you think he could win the Scottish cup?

St Johnstone haven't made it past the 5th round since they won it, knocked out by Kilmarnock, Partick and QOS.

Didnt we have a similar manager to Wright who got knocked out by QOS?

Mason89
14-06-2017, 07:58 AM
He's won it before, with a worse team than ours & I seem to remember him embarrassing our genius on the way. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.

He gets them qualified for Europe & won them the Scottish Cup. Do you think the farmers give a sh1t about his style of football? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

Pacman1903
14-06-2017, 08:36 AM
He's won it before, with a worse team than ours. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.

Bang on.

rico94
14-06-2017, 08:57 AM
He's won it before, with a worse team than ours & I seem to remember him embarrassing our genius on the way. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.

He gets them qualified for Europe & won them the Scottish Cup. Do you think the farmers give a sh1t about his style of football? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

Maybe the farmers don't but our fans would. I seem to recall one of the reasons for so many wanting to get rid of Calderwood was because the football was terrible.Before you say he never won us the Scottish cup even if he did the same folk would have wanted him out.

For the record I think Wright has done a great job for St Johnstone, he is perfect for a club like St Johnstone. Just not for us imo.

afc_1983
14-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Maybe the farmers don't but our fans would. I seem to recall one of the reasons for so many wanting to get rid of Calderwood was because the football was terrible.Before you say he never won us the Scottish cup even if he did the same folk would have wanted him out.

For the record I think Wright has done a great job for St Johnstone, he is perfect for a club like St Johnstone. Just not for us imo.

To be fair, you were the plum the other day advocating Neil Lennon replace McInnes. Neil Lennon. Just let that sink in for a minute...

I know who I'd choose if the options were Tommy Wright or that complete bigot and erection.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I favour Alex Neil. A man with a similar track record to McInnes pre-Dons: early success in Scotland, decent move to England and some initial success there, before things went awry. He'll be motivated and has something to prove. He's also available for free, meaning we can give him some of the money we will get for McInnes (and Hayes) to strengthen the squad.

RedStarTorphins
14-06-2017, 09:23 AM

I kinda agree with both Mason and Rico.

Mason is right in that St Johnstone fans will rightly not care about the quality of football on offer if St J are regularly qualifying for Europe and finishing well above their budget should suggest.
Also, no one was complaining of the quality of the final when we played ICT.

But, I also agree with Rico in that our fans would not be happy finishing 3rd or 4th, winning feck all AND the football is dire to watch...as Rico said, it's Calderwoodesque

I think (without trying to be patronising) that Tommy Wright is a good for for them....but not us.

But if I was a betting man, he'd be the one I think Milne will go for

Aldo1983
14-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Not sure why Wright isn't good enough for us but DM was? What did he have that Wright doesn't?

87kilos
14-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Not sure why Wright isn't good enough for us but DM was? What did he have that Wright doesn't?

A personality for a start. Wright getting interviewed is like listening to the Reverend I M Jolly.

rico94
14-06-2017, 10:00 AM
To be fair, you were the plum the other day advocating Neil Lennon replace McInnes. Neil Lennon. Just let that sink in for a minute...

I know who I'd choose if the options were Tommy Wright or that complete bigot and erection.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I favour Alex Neil. A man with a similar track record to McInnes pre-Dons: early success in Scotland, decent move to England and some initial success there, before things went awry. He'll be motivated and has something to prove. He's also available for free, meaning we can give him some of the money we will get for McInnes (and Hayes) to strengthen the squad.

I never said anything about Neil Lennon replacing McInnes, I think you are confusing me with someone else. Redjohn perhaps?

I would go for Alex Neil as well, saying that I wouldn't be bothered if Jack Ross or Archibald got it. As long as its not Tommy feckin Wright or Derek Adams.

Aldo1983
14-06-2017, 10:03 AM
A personality for a start. Wright getting interviewed is like listening to the Reverend I M Jolly.

Top of the list...

Must be good at interviews.

rico94
14-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Sorry to keep going back to Calderwood but wasn't that another reason why folk wanted rid of him?

His interviews were embarrassing according to some.

GGMDONS
14-06-2017, 10:26 AM
? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

how many of the 40,000 have never been back to Pittodrie?

Aldo1983
14-06-2017, 10:41 AM
? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

how many of the 40,000 have never been back to Pittodrie?

Meaningless if the interviews are pish.

kigoretrout
14-06-2017, 10:47 AM
I don't see what the big downer on Tommy Wright is. His interviews are perfectly ok. He is not a blithering buffon aka Calderwood. He sets his team out against us to play in a certain way cos it works. He does that against teams he thinks are better footballing wise. He was the only premier league manager who got a result in the cup at Ibrox when the huns were in the lower leagues because he worked out how to play them and it wasn't long balls it was hitting them on the break with O'Halloran's pace. Some of the other candidates being mentioned on here beggars belief.

EintrachtFrankfurt
14-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Sorry to be pedantic but it was over 43000 Dons fans at that final not 40000.

afc1903mad
14-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Seeing as you watch St.Johnstone so much, how ***y was the football when McInnes managed them to 23 league goals in a season?

He's not left yet and already the myths are starting

I'm not interested in St Johnstone.
I'm interested in Aberdeen.

But looking back at the start of his managerial career, he successfully got them promoted following 7 years in the championship and then worked on consolidating them in the SPL.

He essentially built the platform to allow them to progress to where they are now.

Again, not interested in St Johnstone.
It seems you have a beef with DM and your not concerned with how Aberdeen plays, only that we win the odd trophy.

I reiterate, some of the football to watch this season was truly great to watch.
It was a far better platform to ensure success and certainly, you cannot deny that we progressed furthest this year under DM.

57vintage
14-06-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't see what the big downer on Tommy Wright is. His interviews are perfectly ok. He is not a blithering buffon aka Calderwood. He sets his team out against us to play in a certain way cos it works. He does that against teams he thinks are better footballing wise. He was the only premier league manager who got a result in the cup at Ibrox when the huns were in the lower leagues because he worked out how to play them and it wasn't long balls it was hitting them on the break with O'Halloran's pace. Some of the other candidates being mentioned on here beggars belief.

Two things:

TSMSTID beat Sevco 5088 in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Ibrox the day before St Johnstone beat us at the same hoaching, decrepit HSE Inspector's dream in Govan. St Johnstone are, therefore, not unique.

Wright has shown NOTHING to suggest that he knows any other style of play than the Caley-clone brutality and "efficiency" that has driven the fans away from Old Macdiarmid's fairm.

We MUST have more ambition than that.

theram1975
14-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Two things:

TSMSTID beat Sevco 5088 in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Ibrox the day before St Johnstone beat us at the same hoaching, decrepit HSE Inspector's dream in Govan. St Johnstone are, therefore, not unique.

ICT beat them 3-0 at Ibrox when Sevco were in the lower leagues as well.

kigoretrout
14-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I remembered Utd just after I posted. St Johnstone beat them when the Huns were in the Championship and favourites for the match. The Utd game was a couple of years earlier when the Huns were further down the leagues and were seriously gash. Everyone expected Utd to win that game whilst the St Johnstone score was a bit of a shock. My point still stands re Tommy Wright. He has also consistently set his team out well against Celtic and has consistently given them a much better game than we have.

We have a stable club and require a continuation of that. What stellar alternatives do you have in mind ?

kigoretrout
14-06-2017, 11:22 AM
ICT beat them 3-0 at Ibrox when Sevco were in the lower leagues as well.

Ok should have done my homework. What I should have said was when Rangers were in the Championship and had a semblance of a team. They were in the really ****ey leagues and had a terrible team when ICT beat them ditto Utd.

rico94
14-06-2017, 12:01 PM
I remembered Utd just after I posted. St Johnstone beat them when the Huns were in the Championship and favourites for the match. The Utd game was a couple of years earlier when the Huns were further down the leagues and were seriously gash. Everyone expected Utd to win that game whilst the St Johnstone score was a bit of a shock. My point still stands re Tommy Wright. He has also consistently set his team out well against Celtic and has consistently given them a much better game than we have.

We have a stable club and require a continuation of that. What stellar alternatives do you have in mind ?

St Johnstones results against the Tims last season,

2-4
0-1
2-5
1-4

How have they consistently given them a much better game than we have?

kigoretrout
14-06-2017, 12:40 PM
I watched the highlights of the games and read the stats re shots on target and I feel they did particularly with the resources they had on the pitch compared to ours. But hey ho Mr Wright does not seem a popular choice. I hope Deek doesn't go as that is my preference but I stand by my assessment of Wright and believe he will be the boards choice when the inevitable happens.