PDA

View Full Version : Well done Huddersfield

EastStandRed
29-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Well done Town (sorry Jules ) but for family reasons I'm glad they did it . One of the only other Yorkshire clubs I don't mind having a bit of success.

POGGYWELL
29-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Yes a big congratulations to Huddersfield Town on their promotion to the Promised Land and achieved by playing a good brand of football.
A big thank you for allowing us to continue our own dream and all this after Holloway had you down for a relegation fight along with us. Unbelievable Jeff !!!!!

tarnmad
29-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Hollowhead don't like Yorkshire clubs

p40
29-05-2017, 05:55 PM
i cant help but think that could ev bin us, they had the same budget as rotherham, wagners just said, i said to the chairman dont sell our best players lets add a couple to strengthen, where were we in jan? speculate to accumulate so the saying goes? hudders did and look what the going to accumulate now? 200 mill anyone?

Ponte_Steve24
29-05-2017, 05:58 PM
But would you be happy? ;D

Romared
29-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Well done Huddersfield , over the season and today , they deserve to be promoted

tarnmad
29-05-2017, 06:11 PM
i cant help but think that could ev bin us, they had the same budget as rotherham, wagners just said, i said to the chairman dont sell our best players lets add a couple to strengthen, where were we in jan? speculate to accumulate so the saying goes? hudders did and look what the going to accumulate now? 200 mill anyone?

I think they had the cheapest season tickets in the league as well , good luck to them

animallittle3
29-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Congratulations to Huddersfield Town , a well deserved promotion to the PL .

Judging by the sky sports coverage this afternoon let's hope you don't mind the patronising that's sure to come your way next season .

Little old Huddersfield , yeh so little they won the league championship 3 times on the trot not to mention FA cups .

This season they have averaged nearly 20k for home games and never left the top 5 all season .

Soppy plastic clubs like Reading or Brighton can't even get close to their history .

Proper club with proper fans , well done town .

DOOALI
29-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Agreed animal but they were lucky in a lot of games including us saying that well done

Acido
29-05-2017, 08:39 PM
I cant get excited about this for various reasons to be honest. Their new found arrogance will reach new heights now and thousands of 'lifelong' Town fans will appear from nowhere all of a sudden. But Id be the first to admit, that happens at just about every club doesnt it!
They were lucky not to be punished for fielding weak teams at the end of the season, this was an insult to the FL and to the other teams who were fighting to stay up.

Wagner was tipped to go back to a German club, but surely he will stay now that they have gone up and I bet they try to keep Izzy Brown the Chelski loan player.

EastStandRed
29-05-2017, 08:45 PM
I think they were right to field a weakened team if that's what they felt was right for them. You pay the wages of a full squad and should be allowed to use them as you feel suits you .

They didn't get charged as the rules state you must field a full strength team but the FA don't define what that means

Acido
29-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Even if they had fielded a team of kids it wouldnt have been breaking the law (but like you say Esr, what exactly is the law here regarding how many changes should be allowed from one match to the next).
It was 'morally' wrong of them though and I would have been peed off if it had effected us in a similar promotion or relegation battle. That is the reason why Birmingham stayed up and Blackburn went down, although to be fair I dont have a like or dislike either way regarding those clubs.

Romared
29-05-2017, 09:34 PM
They have been out of the top six once this season, they have a top manager now , plus a few German components to add to their squad ,
VORSPRUNG DUK TECHNIK !! Pleased for em

Acido
29-05-2017, 09:44 PM
I would have preferred Fulham out of the 4 teams to go up Roma, they were the best footballing team and at least its some consolation today that a negative moneybags team like Reading didnt make it.
Already though, I bet the Hudds fans are thinking they are the new massives of Yorkshire. ;D

Romared
29-05-2017, 09:53 PM
I would have preferred Fulham out of the 4 teams to go up Roma, they were the best footballing team and at least its some consolation today that a negative moneybags team like Reading didnt make it.
Already though, I bet the Hudds fans are thinking they are the new massives of Yorkshire. ;D
They are MASSIVE , only Yorky club int prem ? Got to admire them !!!

Marcelle07
29-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Well done town! Really, well done, you deserved it!
I come from the dale of Denby originally and I always remember the bragging rights of over the hill - 10 mile gap town (1990 till 29th may 2017). It has always been friendly banter not like us and the pigs or them and Leeds. Let's look at the bonuses, 1- it's not the pigs, 2-there is at last a proper Yorkshire team back in the top flight (sorry hull). 3-no winnall for win-now****all! 4-probably the best Yorkshire rival to go up without being knobs.
5- and the most important -they had less of a budget than Rotherham which is lower than burton. That makes us two places above them. Two seasons ago they changed a mass at town due to contracts and budgets (remind you of anything?) they put this right and look what's happened!

Well done town, all the best but ..you will never be better than us! ;-)

Acido
29-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Denby Dale, where the famous actor Paul Copley comes from ?

Obviously my biggest memory of us and Huddersfield is that last day escape act at the McAlpine, where we both managed to send Peterbrough and Fergiescum Jnr down instead. ;D

Romared
29-05-2017, 10:07 PM
They pay bigger wages tho ! Remember that Barmpotfarmer from Rochdale w ankhill ? Sarnds German , he commented of the quality of the cars in the car park at Hudds to the ones players had at Oakwell , that from a clown who owned a van ;D

Romared
29-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Denby Dale, where the famous actor Paul Copley comes from ?

Obviously my biggest memory of us and Huddersfield is that last day escape act at the McAlpine, where we both managed to send Peterbrough and Fergiescum Jnr down instead. ;D
Only Famous fo Pie Hall, and Denby Dale pie largest in country ,

Marcelle07
29-05-2017, 10:22 PM
A couple of memories is 1994 ish (quote me wrong please) Andy Payton bagging a hat trick 4-2 win at oakwell in a cup I think. We then of course had mr marcelle hit a cracker against them in 1997 to cancel out that illegal throw (remember Toby getting in trouble for throwing the bog roll or giving them twos?!). Then it was lazy nardiello in the penalty shoot out at their spot 2007?- co-incidentally our managers team (it's in my downstairs bog :-) )

Marcelle07
29-05-2017, 10:26 PM
They pay bigger wages Dir to us all not wanting to go to birthdays or clintons and going to card factory! Every card from there feeds the town budget :-). Same as the team undercutting.
Honestly, early bird season tickets at reduced price plus no ground ownership is less risk = bigger pay.
Pie hall- **** hole now.!

thereev
30-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Shows it can be done....well done Huddersfield....all we get from Jokewell is excuses why WE can't do it.

Hats off to em

Wardy
28-10-2019, 11:54 AM
They are MASSIVE , only Yorky club int prem ? Got to admire them !!!

Cheers Romared

Acido
30-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Cheers Romared

Your still skating on thin ice on here Wardy kid. And yet you still think your funny and clever on here dont you ?. :O