PDA

View Full Version : Lyndon dykes

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Worth a shot, shafted us every he played.

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 09:27 PM
Also McKinnon from hamilton

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Also prince back far hearts

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Also jimmy gomis(31) out of contract

BudMill90
29-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Are you just suggesting signings? Or anything behind it? Id have Prince back. The other two not so keen.

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 09:58 PM
At this moment , we have a goalie, x2 good centre backs, a winger & x1 striker.
Great 5 a side team
I'm just throwing out some names.
I'd have that prick McKinnon any day-he's totally pissed me right off every time I've seen him for a reason.
Dykes again ran us ragged all season
Gomis at 31 - perfect leader
All 3 miles better than what we had last 2 years

RogerTheAlien
29-05-2017, 10:25 PM
On the subject of free agents.

Chris Burke Is leaving Ross County, would be good on the left with Billy King on the right.

Lionel Ainsworth at Motherwell,he'd be a cracking signing.

Nick Ross at Dundee, a hard working tough midfielder would be decent too.

Hoofballer
29-05-2017, 10:37 PM
No more returning ex players please.

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Please this is not a dig,
But you would say no to Charlie mulgrew, Craig Conway, johnny Russel,Andy robertson,Ryan Gaul,Mckay Stevens, chifti,Armstrong,
Personally I think that lot would win the spl.
Just sayin like

Hoofballer
29-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Please this is not a dig,
But you would say no to Charlie mulgrew, Craig Conway, johnny Russel,Andy robertson,Ryan Gaul,Mckay Stevens, chifti,Armstrong,
Personally I think that lot would win the spl.
Just sayin like

Not taken as one.......but let's face it those are not the names likely to be punted in our direction by agents even if we were SPL high flyers.

We'll get linked with fading talents long since past their use by date who'll fail to live up to the hype or previous performances.

Daily Rangers and DeeCT will have a field day with crap headlines linking all sorts to us over next few months.

Oddsox
29-05-2017, 11:53 PM
I agree totally with everything you have said.
But gomis and prince- surly worth a punt.
Most importantly we cannot afford anymore Nicole's.
Shopping list
X2 full backs(I'd keep Dillon as a spare)
4 midfielders plus spittal
And dare I through in k miller
or c commons or n mcginn or

GingerPetric
30-05-2017, 03:58 AM
I agree totally with everything you have said.
But gomis and prince- surly worth a punt.
Most importantly we cannot afford anymore Nicole's.
Shopping list
X2 full backs(I'd keep Dillon as a spare)
4 midfielders plus spittal
And dare I through in k miller
or c commons or n mcginn or

No for even Gomis and Prince - young hungry players is the way forward.

Good ane about Dillon...he's has got to go.

Spittal will surely be off, has not developed to the extent we would want but I'm sure a St J / Well / Patrick etc would see him as a decent addition to their squad.

The last 3 names are a wind up???

We will be operating on a different transfer level, bumbling about for the odd gem

TerryTheTerror
30-05-2017, 06:28 AM
Given he's only 21, wouldn't we be due a development fee for Spittal? If so, I can see him staying.

bobafett
30-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Contracted to 2018. Not happening. We're in the Free transfers only market, and rightly so.

Chick A Saw
30-05-2017, 02:12 PM
On the subject of free agents.

Chris Burke Is leaving Ross County, would be good on the left with Billy King on the right.

Lionel Ainsworth at Motherwell,he'd be a cracking signing.

Nick Ross at Dundee, a hard working tough midfielder would be decent too.

I thought Burke was being kept on to see if he could get over the illness that stopped his comeback. Agree about Ainsworth but dont know enough about Ross.

Chick A Saw
30-05-2017, 02:14 PM
No for even Gomis and Prince - young hungry players is the way forward.

Good ane about Dillon...he's has got to go.

Spittal will surely be off, has not developed to the extent we would want but I'm sure a St J / Well / Patrick etc would see him as a decent addition to their squad.

The last 3 names are a wind up???

We will be operating on a different transfer level, bumbling about for the odd gem

If Spittal is good enough for 3 middle of the premiership teams, then why is he not good enough for our championship side? He is still young and showed enough through the playoffs for me that he is worth keeping!

bobafett
31-05-2017, 01:59 PM
If Spittal is good enough for 3 middle of the premiership teams, then why is he not good enough for our championship side? He is still young and showed enough through the playoffs for me that he is worth keeping!

I'd agree with that. I like the laddie. He was poor vs Hamilton but I think he was fcuked. Remember he was not long back from a lengthy injury. A lot to ask to play 6 games so quickly.

FTD1983
31-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Some mental shouts in here!

Niall McGinn and Kris Commons are so far out of our price range it's terrifying.

Kenny Miller has just signed on at Rangers, probably for more than our whole remaining squad gets a week. Chris Burke benefitting from Roy's millions at county and a perma crock.

Ainsworth signed for Plymouth, Nick Ross a reasonable shout but he'd pick Caley over us if offered, Gomis and buaben is basically this seasons equivalent of signing flood and both will be on significantly more currently than we can offer.

Get real lads

TerryTheTerror
31-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Some mental shouts in here!

Niall McGinn and Kris Commons are so far out of our price range it's terrifying.

Kenny Miller has just signed on at Rangers, probably for more than our whole remaining squad gets a week. Chris Burke benefitting from Roy's millions at county and a perma crock.

Ainsworth signed for Plymouth, Nick Ross a reasonable shout but he'd pick Caley over us if offered, Gomis and buaben is basically this seasons equivalent of signing flood and both will be on significantly more currently than we can offer.

Get real lads

A lot of sense in this.

GingerPetric
31-05-2017, 04:52 PM

They will be able to offer him the 'prestige' of the top league and MORE money.

He might feel he needs a fresh start after having, overall, a pretty disappointing spell with us.

IMO he hasn't done enough to be kept and would prefer to try someone else. That said he had a few decent games at the end of the season so wouldn't be disappointed if he re-signed. Flood/Dillon on the other hand.....

Sandeman
31-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Haha. Fantasy land or what here!

IMO we will be shopping in the permanent market in championship/SPL cast offs/lower leagues England (and I mean lower). Towards the end of the window we will be looking at some loan players who couldn't get a look in elsewhere.

By that token I would suggest we are on line for some less than inspiring names.

I would take Jimmy Gomis back in a heartbeat though.

Liam Henderson loan (if HIBS don't go for him) Michael O'Halaron loan (think saints would want him back though). Don't know though

Oddsox
14-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Well I never

jerrennixon
14-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Ive seen a couple of boys mention this on twitter, but surely just speculation?

JamesMcClean
14-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Looking back at this thread gives me the dreh boak. It's hard to believe just how low the Snake took our proud Club.