PDA

View Full Version : Rumours - summer signings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BudMill90
30-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Anyone got any good ones?

Whats the deal with Devlin? He was in the crowd at Falkirk. Any progress with signing him?

arab_plumber
30-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Bell is leaving

dundeeunitedfc83
30-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Where u hearing that

tHeArAb
30-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Bell is leaving

Heard he was trying to get out of his contract but then he was in the paper yesterday saying he was fearing for his job because we didnt get promotion.

Sandeman
30-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Bell is leaving

That would be pish

Sandeman
30-05-2017, 09:37 PM
As said on another thread, get Leahey Devlin in. Half decent defence with threat on the overlapping full backs.

We need a ball winner and another couple of strikers though

DerryJungle
31-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Fraser Fyvie's another one we've made contact with in the last month or so, whether it happens or not is anyone's guess.

Jedi u-Knighted
31-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Hopefully he's good mates with Keatings who persuades him to come then. Doubt it tho, rated by the Hibs lot and probably has other options as he's not resigned with them yet..

dundeeunitedfc83
31-05-2017, 07:45 AM
See in the tele it's says ray is still to speak to flood telfer spittal and Dillon, really not sure we should keep any of them! Murdoch also offered a new deal supposedly

GingerPetric
31-05-2017, 08:58 AM
See in the tele it's says ray is still to speak to flood telfer spittal and Dillon, really not sure we should keep any of them! Murdoch also offered a new deal supposedly

This gives me the shivers....would not keep any of them...

TerryTheTerror
31-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Speak to could be, they are not being offered a new contract. I heard Ray was keen to get rid of all (this was probably hyperbole) the players that were here prior to his arrival so he can build his team as many of them are earning money he'd be able to spend better. Interesting times.

Sutherland Arab
31-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Would sign Spittal on one year last chance deal as he was improving a lot through the playoffs.
Flood on a player coach deal.
Telfer no, has no heart.
Dillon no way, not even as a coach unless we want players kicking the ball off their own coupon (Partick)

TerryTheTerror
31-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Dillon no way, not even as a coach unless we want players kicking the ball off their own coupon (Partick)

That made me laugh. XD

arab81
31-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Telfer - sadly no, he's just no good enough.
Dillon - clean break needed here I think with Sean so again no deal.
Murdoch - he's very average, might come in handy, that's as good a compliment I can give him. 1 year deal.
Spittal - can this be his season? Feels like we've been saying this forever now, undecided but leaning more to no deal.

Chick A Saw
31-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Telfer - sadly no, he's just no good enough.
Dillon - clean break needed here I think with Sean so again no deal.
Murdoch - he's very average, might come in handy, that's as good a compliment I can give him. 1 year deal.
Spittal - can this be his season? Feels like we've been saying this forever now, undecided but leaning more to no deal.

This is what i dont like about some of our support in that they expect every young lad who comes in or breaks through to be Messi like in their ability! Telfer and Spittal are only 21 still and i have no expectation that they will be anywhere near worthy of criticism for another season or 2.

As for Sean, unless we have a player who is as versatile that will come to us, i think he is good enough for another Championship season as back up!

Murdoch for RB only, but Flood i think is too far past his best!

offshore_arab83
31-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I really hope we can keep Bell, never heard anything saying he was away or going tbh

Telfer has been ok but i feel we can possibly get a better player in plus he'll be on a decent wage and is looking outwith football as a career move, Flood and Dillon shouldn't be offered any new deals, Murdoch was signed as a midfielder, the fact hes poor there but decent at RB would make me not renew his contract, opposite of this is Toshney, signed as a defender, CB/RB and is brutal there and plays better in midfield when hes not getting sent off.

If you didnt laugh you'd greet eh... :blue:

Tannadicebunnet
31-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Just noticed that Jordan Jones of Kilmarnock is out of contract . A good wee skilful winger . Him on left side , king on right supplying a big powerful target man up front. Come on Ray , unless you act fast guys like Leahy, Meekings, Knoyle, Watson, Jones, and Greig Spence will be snapped up by other championship clubs . Pull the finger out and get some signings done fast

RAM1971
31-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Just noticed that Jordan Jones of Kilmarnock is out of contract . A good wee skilful winger . Him on left side , king on right supplying a big powerful target man up front. Come on Ray , unless you act fast guys like Leahy, Meekings, Knoyle, Watson, Jones, and Greig Spence will be snapped up by other championship clubs . Pull the finger out and get some signings done fast

Steady on. It isn't the last day of the close season yet!

dundeeunitedfc83
31-05-2017, 07:54 PM
No way in a million years will we get the boy from killie, would have been a cracking signing too

Arabs4ever
31-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Bell is leaving

MK Dons bound? Sell-on clause and promotion clause. ;D

BudMill90
31-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Shankland just released by Dons. Decent option?

United4life94
31-05-2017, 09:11 PM
That made me laugh. XD

Me too 😅

Hoofballer
31-05-2017, 10:05 PM

These are some of the players Ray wanted to get rid last summer ....but couldn't because previous encumbants had been stupid enough to give them contracts ......now he's considering giving them more ffs, finish the clear out , we've been brutally ****e for two + years and need to clear the decks and get some decent players, some pace, a bit of bite in midfield, a chicken striker with a head, some width and some bottle
Resigning this keech again ...Ray you should go now and save us the pain !

shedka
31-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Shankland just released by Dons. Decent option?

No, he is terrible, was for both St Mirren and Morton

JUSTaway
31-05-2017, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Murdoch being offered a new deal. He was ok at right back, but I'd prefer a proper right back be signed, and he was slow and a poor passer in midfield. I don't know if he is being looked on as back up.

Tannadicebunnet
01-06-2017, 05:12 AM
I see that Neil Alexander has been released by Aberdeen. Although he is 39 he could provide good cover for Bell and maybe be goalkeeping coach .

weedude83
01-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Cammy Ballatnyne will compete with Murdoch for RB next season.

SmedDUm
01-06-2017, 07:40 AM
I see Hornby is being kept on but I think he's a left back tho with not being able to watch Development Squad games I'm not certain.
Can anyone who works in Forfar on flexi time confirm?
He was decent the time(s) I saw him and struck a mean dead ball with his left(?) foot as I recall.

tHeArAb
01-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Jassem Sukar is a left back is he not? Spent the season on loan at Arbroath and was an ever present since November. They won the league.

weedude83
01-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Jassem Sukar is a left back is he not? Spent the season on loan at Arbroath and was an ever present since November. They won the league.

Centre Half.

TerryTheTerror
01-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Centre Half.

Yeah, left sided centre half but I understand he has played a lot of games at full back for the smokies.

bobafett
01-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Cammy Ballatnyne will compete with Murdoch for RB next season.

That suggests you don't think Devlin is happening. Any reason for that? I was under the impression he was likely to sign for us. That was few weeks ago, right enough...

Arab_Terrorist
01-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Alex fishers contract at ICT finished, tall strong striker who can also hold the ball up well would be an ideal partner for keatings in my opinion.

shedka
01-06-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Murdoch being offered a new deal. He was ok at right back, but I'd prefer a proper right back be signed, and he was slow and a poor passer in midfield. I don't know if he is being looked on as back up.

Think it's good business keeping Murdoch, can fill in elsewhere if needed and was very solid at right back

Danny_Dyer
01-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Think it's good business keeping Murdoch, can fill in elsewhere if needed and was very solid at right back

This just highlights how clueless you are!

Murdoch is an abomination of a footballer.

offshore_arab83
01-06-2017, 01:33 PM

But he wasnt signed as a Rb, hes meant to be a midfielder and was signed for that position? please do not try to compare this to hegarty either!

thefutureistangerine4
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
But he wasnt signed as a Rb, hes meant to be a midfielder and was signed for that position? please do not try to compare this to hegarty either!

Does it really matter that he signed as a midfielder? If he came in and did a decent job at right back then surely it makes sense to consider using him there. It sounds as though Murdoch actually now feels he may be a better right back than midfielder. I was not impressed with him as a midfielder but after a shaky start he started to perform well at right back. Reminded me a bit of Keith Watson. When he got injured and Dillon came in (who is a right back) it was pretty clear that Murdoch is streets ahead of him. Good piece of business. Lots of the jigsaw still need to be filled but we have started well with recrutiment.

shedka
01-06-2017, 02:36 PM
This just highlights how clueless you are!

Murdoch is an abomination of a footballer.

No it highlights that I like most others saw him perform well at right back and look solid enough defensively, him getting injured against Falkirk was a big blow

You keep highlighting that you're a bit of a slavering halfwit with every post, good entertainment though so stick around

BillBones
01-06-2017, 03:33 PM
No it highlights that I like most others saw him perform well at right back and look solid enough defensively, him getting injured against Falkirk was a big blow

You keep highlighting that you're a bit of a slavering halfwit with every post, good entertainment though so stick around

Class

GingerPetric
01-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Murdoch has been decent at RB but I would rather see us sign Devlin who looked better on both occasions that I saw him.

I would hope that Murdoch's confidence would be boosted enough for him to take a good game in the centre or right mid.

We need to get away from accepting 'decent' as good enough. A lot of our squad/team fell into that category last season.

We are still a big club that is an attractive option, let's get rid of our (expensive) deadwood and start signing the Devlins, Leahys etc that we've witnessed as being better than what we currently have, and can probably be got for less than your Floods, Dillon's etc

shedboy71
01-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Murdoch is a risk that i am suprised at yeah he played well at rb and quite well at times i totally agree but for a season we will see. His positional play at rb was suspect at times but masked by he could intercept and pass. He had played a total of a few games max at rb professionally in his career before. Anyway dont worry chaps toshney can fill in at rb if all goes pete tong.

tHeArAb
01-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Murdoch is a risk that i am suprised at yeah he played well at rb and quite well at times i totally agree but for a season we will see. His positional play at rb was suspect at times but masked by he could intercept and pass. He had played a total of a few games max at rb professionally in his career before. Anyway dont worry chaps toshney can fill in at rb if all goes pete tong.

His good passing was one maojor positive in his switch from midfeld to right back. A joy to watch after seeing Dillon pass it out the park so often. He doesn't **** about either. If he feels he's under pressure, the ball goes out. Simple. A wing back he isn't, a solid right back, he very well could be. Couldn't care less if he wasn't signed as one originally.

Whitfieldarab
01-06-2017, 06:50 PM
His good passing was one maojor positive in his switch from midfeld to right back. A joy to watch after seeing Dillon pass it out the park so often. He doesn't **** about either. If he feels he's under pressure, the ball goes out. Simple. A wing back he isn't, a solid right back, he very well could be. Couldn't care less if he wasn't signed as one originally.

Totally agree with this. Good post.

shedka
01-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Murdoch has been decent at RB but I would rather see us sign Devlin who looked better on both occasions that I saw him.

I would hope that Murdoch's confidence would be boosted enough for him to take a good game in the centre or right mid.

We need to get away from accepting 'decent' as good enough. A lot of our squad/team fell into that category last season.

We are still a big club that is an attractive option, let's get rid of our (expensive) deadwood and start signing the Devlins, Leahys etc that we've witnessed as being better than what we currently have, and can probably be got for less than your Floods, Dillon's etc

Agree but we need some depth to our squad so even if we did sign a Devlin then keeping Murdoch makes sense, competition for right back

Dundeeunitedfc
01-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Leahy is away down south, signed for Walsall. Wanted to move back for family reasons. He was offered to Utd with a couple of other players not too long ago though and McKinnon never got back in contact.

BudMill90
02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
6 weeks until the season starts. Hoping we see at least two players signed up in the next few days. We need to get a move on. Ray made it clear they were planning for this before the season ended so I expected at least 1 new name to be announced this week...

Chick A Saw
02-06-2017, 07:54 PM
6 weeks until the season starts. Hoping we see at least two players signed up in the next few days. We need to get a move on. Ray made it clear they were planning for this before the season ended so I expected at least 1 new name to be announced this week...

I expect its to do with guys on holiday and Ray wanting to see what he is left with. I dont think the carcass is stripped as yet, but i can see the way its going. As we go into next week, i hope we will start to see the way forward with one or 2 signings, with most of the business done for when they get to pre-season training. Dont want to be going up the road with a weak make-shift team!

tHeArAb
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM

The budgets were only being discussed at a meeting today. I'm sure there will be movement in time. This week is about clearing out the deadwood.

BudMill90
02-06-2017, 08:10 PM
How many more players do we need?

I genuinely think we need at least 11.

1 goalie
1 centre back
1 right back
1 left back

2 wingers
3 centre mids

2 strikers

A whole new team.

Again.

Jesus.

Chick A Saw
02-06-2017, 08:35 PM

1 goalie
1 centre back
1 right back
1 left back

2 wingers
3 centre mids

2 strikers

A whole new team.

Again.

Jesus.
I dont actually think we have a team at the minute without including the youngsters coming through. To me that means something like 15 to 17 needed to provide a robust enough squad to get us through next season. That is confirmed by looking at the bench last Sunday!

GingerPetric
02-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Agree Budmill, it's really not good.

The budget really needs to be set as part of a two year strategy, i.e. The majority of players we are signing should be here for the next two seasons and good enough to make the transition to the premier league should we be promoted. Should we fall short again (shudder) then the following season would only require minor tweaks rather than another square one rebuild.

This will be the third season of major overhaul...it needs to be the last.

Arab trend
02-06-2017, 08:47 PM

1 goalie
1 centre back
1 right back
1 left back

2 wingers
3 centre mids

2 strikers

A whole new team.

Again.

Jesus.

Would agree with all of that except the GK, I feel long and Donaldson should provide enough back up for now.

ootdoor
02-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Shedka makes me laugh

shedboy71
03-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Shedka makes me laugh

You are my favourite window licker. Phuck off

ianharab
03-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Makes us laugh as well

BudMill90
03-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Flood set to stay according to the Tully.

ootdoor
03-06-2017, 07:02 AM
You are my favourite window licker. Phuck off

Now now Shedboy, as a middle aged chap you should refrain from terms like "window licker".

I hope to see you at Dens for your big day out, remember your shed shades and boiler suit.

I fondly remember our last clash at Dens x

Hoofballer
03-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Flood set to stay according to the Tully.

Hopefully DCT wrong again !

GingerPetric
03-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Hopefully DCT wrong again !

Better be wrong.....this will be the worst decision of Ray's tenure (post Toshney) if true.

IMO Flood is finished, he scurried about the park but achieves the square root of phuck all.

If Ray can't see that then deary me it doesn't bode well

SmedDUm
03-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Now now Shedboy, as a middle aged chap you should refrain from terms like "window licker".

I hope to see you at Dens for your big day out, remember your shed shades and boiler suit.

I fondly remember about 49 of the 50 previous ones.

ootdoor
03-06-2017, 07:48 AM
I fondly remember about 49 of the 50 previous ones.

I was talking to Shedboy, cheers.

shedka
03-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Makes us laugh as well

What you and the imbo crew? 😂😂😂

shedka
03-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Shedka makes me laugh

Not as much as DFC make me laugh every season of my United supporting life

Now jog on you seething trophy virgin extraordinaire 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

BillBones
03-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Shedka makes me laugh

21.20 Friday night.

On a United message board.

Who makes who laugh?

Tannadicebunnet
03-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Been hearing that Ray McKinnon been showing a definite interest in Fraser Fyvie. Maybe as a potential replacement for Flood?

Sandeman
03-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Fyvie is exactly the her kind of player we need. May be swayed by keatings moving to us?

djh1711
03-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Not as much as DFC make me laugh every season of my United supporting life

Now jog on you seething trophy virgin extraordinaire 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Must of been some laugh seeing your team get relegated by their biggest rivals. # jolly 2

RAM1971
03-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Must of been some laugh seeing your team get relegated by their wee'est rivals. # jolly 2

It was side splittingly hilarious.

offshore_arab83
03-06-2017, 03:25 PM
What you and the imbo crew? ������

whats an 'imbo' crew ?

djh1711
03-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Does that make it better or worse that the "wee'est" team are in the big league while the " the world famous" enjoy the seaside league? # Jolly 2

offshore_arab83
03-06-2017, 03:47 PM
DJH, when we get to a 10 year jolly, or however long you were in this league, then i'll start worrying...

RAM1971
03-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Does that make it better or worse that the "wee'est" team are in the big league while the " the world famous" enjoy the seaside league? # Jolly 2

I didn't realise we were in a marriage to the team up the road?

When I said side splittingly hilarious, I meant side splittingly 'FUN-ny!'

Otm_Shank
03-06-2017, 06:29 PM
DJH, when we get to a 10 year jolly, or however long you were in this league, then i'll start worrying...
This, short memories and all that.

tHeArAb
03-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Anyone any rumours on potential summer signings?

Jedi u-Knighted
03-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Anyone any rumours on potential summer signings?

Why don't we start a thread about that......, oh wait.! 😉 😂

ahlltanyirhide
04-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Not sure where this is coming from but rumours starting to circulate that Scott Allan is our next signing.

If true, I'd be happy with that

tHeArAb
04-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Would be very happy with that. Just the type of player we need.

Mikkelsen trying to free himself from his contract to make a permanent move to us. His club currently want £50 for him.

Arabdownsouth
04-06-2017, 09:00 AM
£50? I will pay that myself lol

tHeArAb
04-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Aye £50. He's definitely worth that. XD

That'll be £50K haha.

Arabdownsouth
04-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I believe ST is currently trying to wrangle it down to a tenner 😂

BudMill90
04-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Hope that Scott Allan rumour is true.

Arabdownsouth
04-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Where's the rumour from?

Chick A Saw
04-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Hope that Scott Allan rumour is true.

Cant understand why we would be looking at him, and why supporters want him. Yes a fantastic player, but im led to believe, a bad attitude to go with it!

tHeArAb
04-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Cant understand why we would be looking at him, and why supporters want him. Yes a fantastic player, but im led to believe, a bad attitude to go with it!

That is exactly why I want him. When most on here were jumping thru hoops at the signing of Flood last year, I made it clear we needed a playmaker and not someone who runs about a lot passing the ball from one side of the park to the other & that is still the case. Most people I think would now be in agreement a year later. We're absolutely desperate for a playmaking midfielder, one who can win a ball, thread that killer pass and link back to front. Allan can do just that. He was class at Hibs and won his move to Celtic on the back of that. Like most others who are more than good enough for any team outside of Celtic, he didn't get game time especially once Delia moved on. He moved to Rotherham again under Stubbs then when Stubbs got punted the new manager brought in his own players. Bring him back I'd say, although his name has appeared in every transfer window linked to us since he left so a pinch of salt is required I reckon.

Clash City Rockers
04-06-2017, 12:06 PM
I would be very surprised if Scott Allan came back to us....his previous history with us etc. My money would be on him signing for Hibs. I'd be happy if we signed Fraser Fyvie though.

Sandeman
04-06-2017, 12:38 PM
He will go to Hibs IMO. Wages and level of football offered puts him out of our bracket. Unless the chairman goes Marque signing crazy and throws money at him 😩

tHeArAb
04-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Has he even been linked to Hibs or are we just assigning certain players to certain teams? Don't know where he'd fit in given they have Mcginn and Bartley (who's just signed a 2 year extension) already covering the CM positions.

bannon_ftd_83
04-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Fyvie hasn't impressed me at all at Hibs. Maybe haven't seen him enough. Anyone have a different opinion?

tHeArAb
04-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Fyvie hasn't impressed me at all at Hibs. Maybe haven't seen him enough. Anyone have a different opinion?

Most Hibees seem pretty gutted he's left but he wasn't getting a game ahead of McGinn & Bartley. Could do a job for us and is better than what we've had in the middle of the park last season.

shedka
04-06-2017, 03:12 PM

Same here, maybe one of those players that you rate note seeing them regular in your team?

Would be very happy if there is any truth in the Allan rumour but can't see it

Arab 8010
04-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Would be delighted with Fyvie and Allan but they would both get a game for most teams in the top flight so canna see it

Tannadicebunnet
04-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Was in the west end of Glasgow today and was talking to a few influential Patrick men , that told me united are interested in David Amoo. U heard it here first.

Arab trend
04-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Was in the west end of Glasgow today and was talking to a few influential Patrick men , that told me united are interested in David Amoo. U heard it here first.

David amoo just signed for Cambridge last month

Tannadicebunnet
04-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Must have been bamming me up , I was believing it lol

TerryTheTerror
04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
The Tele says Flood may sign in again. Great news if true. Really unappreciated by some folk on here but with the right partner would make a part of a great midfield.

Arabs4ever
04-06-2017, 08:33 PM
United looking to get a season long loan deal for Ahmed Yasin Ghani. Just what we need if we can get Mikkelsen back with Keatings through the middle with him and King on the other flank.

Arabdownsouth
04-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Usually don't disagree with much you have to sat TTT but for me Flood has been horrible to watch and I just can't see the attraction. Can't pass and tackles like a pub player. Gives the ball up far too easily and doesn't even contribute with more than one goal a season

BudMill90
04-06-2017, 08:39 PM
United looking to get a season long loan deal for Ahmed Yasin Ghani. Just what we need if we can get Mikkelsen back with Keatings through the middle with him and King on the other flank.

Who's he?

Arabdownsouth
04-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Iraqi born winger 26 yo. Aik Athens I think. Don't know anything about him, where's the rumour coming from

shedboy71
04-06-2017, 08:57 PM

Mature and inspirational. So if yer 12 i can understand you coming on other teams boards.

Are you 12?

shedboy71
04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I was talking to Shedboy, cheers.

no you werent and i wasnt listening darling - now take a hike

shedboy71
04-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Love the RAM :heart:

SRYB

shedboy71
04-06-2017, 09:04 PM

this is quite tedious isnt it? no matter how sh?!t we are just now. They troll, troll and still win phuck all.

But the doon derby civic reception at caird hall was the best experience of my life.

Try a trophy.... nah thought not.

GingerPetric
04-06-2017, 10:42 PM
The Tele says Flood may sign in again. Great news if true. Really unappreciated by some folk on here but with the right partner would make a part of a great midfield.

Flood has been a horrendous signing, he contributes very little, he was a player in his day but has fallen away dramatically this season - I can barely remember the last time he made a tackle!

Was it a coincidence that we completed the comeback at Falkirk after he went off?

Will be very disappointed if he signs on as it will further undermine my opinion of Ray's judgement if he sanctions another contract.

shedka
05-06-2017, 07:04 AM
We need a squad, we need depth, for that reason Flood for another year is shrewd

Not wanting him starting every game but definitely good to have when injuries hit, or to bring in the last 20 mins if leading etc

TerryTheTerror
05-06-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm clearly in a significant minority on here but I think Flood would be integral to a Championship winning team next season. The trouble with him is his best work is done when the opposition have the ball, doesn't give them a second to settle and play. We need that in the team if we are to be serious contenders IMHO.

Logie_Arab
05-06-2017, 08:43 AM
I'm clearly in a significant minority on here but I think Flood would be integral to a Championship winning team next season. The trouble with him is his best work is done when the opposition have the ball, doesn't give them a second to settle and play. We need that in the team if we are to be serious contenders IMHO.

I agree T. I think he has been overplayed recently.

TerryTheTerror
05-06-2017, 09:16 AM
I agree T. I think he has been overplayed recently.

Yeah, I doubt even he thought he'd play as many games as he did last season.

Otm_Shank
05-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Not sure about integral but I have no problem with him being a squad member. Think people are going a little overboard with the criticism

bobafett
05-06-2017, 10:56 AM

I'd agree with that. On the proviso that he's partnered in the middle of the park with someone who can actually pass a ball properly. i.e. no Murdoch and absolutely no Toshney.

NOSCOTCAPS
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
I'd agree with that. On the proviso that he's partnered in the middle of the park with someone who can actually pass a ball properly. i.e. no Murdoch and absolutely no Toshney.

Well we have just got rid of someone who could pass the ball and given game time imho would turn out to have been a decent footballer. Charlie Telfer poor decision, for me

stokearab
05-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Well we have just got rid of someone who could pass the ball and given game time imho would turn out to have been a decent footballer. Charlie Telfer poor decision, for me

It's possible we didn't get rid of him, possibly he wanted to go. I'll only judge Ray on the quality that comes in, not on who goes out.

stokearab
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Have to disagree Terry. from what I've seen, admittedly on tv, he has no creativity, his possession is woeful, his set pieces awful.
You say his best work is done off the ball, ok I hear you, but I want my midfielders to do their best work ON THE ball.

Surely on his wage budget we can do far better?

Arabdownsouth
05-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Have to disagree Terry. from what I've seen, admittedly on tv, he has no creativity, his possession is woeful, his set pieces awful.
You say his best work is done off the ball, ok I hear you, but I want my midfielders to do their best work ON THE ball.

Surely on his wage budget we can do far better?

Agree with this

NOSCOTCAPS
05-06-2017, 07:26 PM
It's possible we didn't get rid of him, possibly he wanted to go. I'll only judge Ray on the quality that comes in, not on who goes out.

Must admit didn't look it at that way Stoke, very remiss of me. I know he missed out with the emergence of Wato, now gone, which was possibly unfair. Maybe that was a factor. I am not judging Ray on the fact that he has gone, but wrong imho. We do need the bite in midfield and Telfer didn't provide that but I thought he played some good football. Possibly a good mix with Fraser and Spittal and the oft maligned flood as the 'busy man' 4132. King and Keatings up front?

stokearab
05-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Must admit didn't look it at that way Stoke, very remiss of me. I know he missed out with the emergence of Wato, now gone, which was possibly unfair. Maybe that was a factor. I am not judging Ray on the fact that he has gone, but wrong imho. We do need the bite in midfield and Telfer didn't provide that but I thought he played some good football. Possibly a good mix with Fraser and Spittal and the oft maligned flood as the 'busy man' 4132. King and Keatings up front?

Yeah. I mean it's possible we did get rid, but unless it's confirmed lets not rush to slate Ray because as I said its possible the boy wanted out. Like the case with Flood I think we can actually do better than what we're losing.

edit. Fraser and Spittal, common denominator with them is they are soft. Both have talent in spells, but inconsistent, and soft. We need harder players imo

NOSCOTCAPS
05-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Yeah. I mean it's possible we did get rid, but unless it's confirmed lets not rush to slate Ray because as I said its possible the boy wanted out. Like the case with Flood I think we can actually do better than what we're losing.

edit. Fraser and Spittal, common denominator with them is they are soft. Both have talent in spells, but inconsistent, and soft. We need harder players imo

I am afraid I agree with your sentiments again, on our soft midfielders. It's a pity about Wato, as there was a physically strong player there with some talent, but unpredictable, sometimes a good thing, but not when your having a mare. If not for the meltdown he may have provided something of mixture of bite and footballing ability, alas we will never know. Maybe if the rumours are true on Fyvie, he may provide that. Not sure who else is available, maybe Forbes from Morton?

bobafett
05-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Agree 100%

Whitfieldarab
05-06-2017, 08:55 PM

For Charlie Telfer see Ryan Dow.

We waited and waited and waited and waited for something to happen....... It didn't........ Then he was gone. The end.

GUNBOAT
05-06-2017, 09:15 PM
For Charlie Telfer see Ryan Dow.

We waited and waited and waited and waited for something to happen....... It didn't........ Then he was gone. The end.

Cannie really argue with your post mate but Dow now plays at a higher level than United and i liked Telfer but posted plenty of times he was not a holding midfielder,if he stays in football i doubt he will ever play that role again.

Whitfieldarab
05-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Cannie really argue with your post mate but Dow now plays at a higher level than United and i liked Telfer but posted plenty of times he was not a holding midfielder,if he stays in football i doubt he will ever play that role again.

There are plenty players playing in the league above us mate that are p ish. Dow being one of them. Telfer scored #6 and that was that. A largely ineffectual player in a poor Utd side.

bannon_ftd_83
06-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Telfer isn't a bad player but he is another one that doesn't have the heart and doesn't put his all in to his short career. These boys should be dedicated to getting bigger, stronger, sharper and improving on the weaknesses of their game. Other than Armstrong the young guys we are bringing through don't seem to have this about them. It just isnt good enough IMO.

While im here. This 2 sitting midfielder or 3 attacking midfielder postions are just a total cop out for the modern day player. They should be able to do it all!

TerryTheTerror
06-06-2017, 07:56 AM
....ok I hear you, but I want my midfielders to do their best work ON THE ball.

But a team needs both, IMO.

arab_plumber
06-06-2017, 08:13 AM

I want Draper over Flood

Flood tries to run the play but he's painfully slow at distributing the ball and if he leaves I wouldn't really bother

TerryTheTerror
06-06-2017, 08:34 AM
I'd have them both if we are (and I think this is very likely) we are going to play 4231.

GingerPetric
06-06-2017, 08:56 AM
I'd have them both if we are (and I think this is very likely) we are going to play 4231.

The formation isn't the issue, it's when we try to play to a formation that doesn't suit the players we have (most of last season)

Get the right players for 4231 and we'll all love it!

Jedi u-Knighted
06-06-2017, 09:01 AM
Is there a rumour we're interested in Draper or is he just a player you'd like at Tannadice??

Whitfieldarab
06-06-2017, 04:43 PM
We're looking at Aaron Taylor- Sinclair according to the tully tonight :D. Good player.

BudMill90
07-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Another day filled with multiple rumours about the multitude of players we are on the verge of signing... NOT

Whats going on????

RAM1971
07-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Another day filled with multiple rumours about the multitude of players we are on the verge of signing... NOT

Whats going on????

Have patience my dear fellow. It isn't 11pm on the last day of the close season yet!

BudMill90
07-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Its stressing me out!!!!

Jedi u-Knighted
07-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Hey Budmill, a wee rumour to keep u going is that Devlin has signed and it'll be announced when he returns from his holidays... Been on Tek and ef forum....

DerryJungle
07-06-2017, 06:25 PM
I'd imagine it'll be a week or two yet before we start to see any real developments on the transfer front, most players will be away on their holidays just now.

GingerPetric
07-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Hey Budmill, a wee rumour to keep u going is that Devlin has signed and it'll be announced when he returns from his holidays... Been on Tek and ef forum....

Excellent if confirmed

stokearab
07-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Read on another thread we have signed the Happy Mondays. Might be confused as alcohol involved here :heart:

JamesMcClean
07-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Read on another thread we have signed the Happy Mondays. Might be confused as alcohol involved here :heart:

Well we did have Flood last season. He goes forward a bit then backwards a bit. In a funny way. Just like Bez.

BillBones
07-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Lewis Vaughan mentioned.

Forward at Raith, on loan at Dumbarton last season. Scored the 2nd against us in the 2-2 at Tannadice.

darrenshedtastic
08-06-2017, 09:50 AM
lewis vaughan would be a decent signing in the championship. i know a few raith fans who were gutted/annoyed that he was sent on loan to a rival last season. only heard good things about the guy whether hed be a main player or a squad player with us would be interesting but he certainly has impressed previously. couple of lower end premier teams looking at him aswell.

i keep hearing that johnny franks from ross county is signing but thats been rumored for a while now so dont know the truth in it.

Sandeman
08-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Potential team
Bell
Devlin Durban Edge Taylor-Sinclair
King Flood Fyvie Fraser
Keatings Vaughn

TwoEyedMan
08-06-2017, 11:45 AM
We're looking at Aaron Taylor-Sinclair according to the tully tonight :D. Good player.

This would be a great move. Our lack of hyphens has really cost us recently. The stats speak for themselves.

Sutherland Arab
08-06-2017, 11:58 AM
This would be a great move. Our lack of hyphens has really cost us recently. The stats speak for themselves.

Correct, we have had many good hyphenated name players in the past. We need a Jennison Myrie-Williams, or a Jean Jacques Misse-Misse.....Hang on!

Logie_Arab
08-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Hyphens can be tricky to use though.:)

TwoEyedMan
08-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Hyphens can be tricky to use though.:)

Agreed. Just start through the middle and see how it goes.

TwoEyedMan
08-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Correct, we have had many good hyphenated name players in the past. We need a Jennison Myrie-Williams, or a Jean Jacques Misse-Misse.....Hang on!

Meat Loaf set his standards too high anyway.

Arab59
08-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Lewis Vaughan mentioned.

Forward at Raith, on loan at Dumbarton last season. Scored the 2nd against us in the 2-2 at Tannadice.
Still has a year on his contract at Raith

tHeArAb
08-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Still has a year on his contract at Raith
£75K it is then.......since that went so well last time.

Arab59
08-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Dinna have that money to spend!!

Arabdownsouth
08-06-2017, 04:33 PM

Calm down dear, he's joking 😂

Arab59
08-06-2017, 04:38 PM
😂😂😂 knew that

GUNBOAT
08-06-2017, 07:19 PM

Aha but we will soon get the Noel Hunt money and i have heard we maybe in for a PPI claim on all the loans taken out to keep us afloat.

Tannadicebunnet
08-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Jeezo the silence regarding potential signings at Tannadice is deafening. At this rate we will be lucky to field a seven a side team. Would have expected at least two in this week since we shipped out some of the pile of mince that failed us last season

Sandeman
08-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Confident we will see signings when the players are back from their 2 week holiday. KTF FTD

BillBones
08-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Jeezo the silence regarding potential signings at Tannadice is deafening. At this rate we will be lucky to field a seven a side team. Would have expected at least two in this week since we shipped out some of the pile of mince that failed us last season

8 days into a 92 day window. 2 boys in.

I'm with you re we need a volume of players in. Wee bit of patience needed on our end though.

Hoofballer
08-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Season just finished , abody on holidays .....a few that can stay there if they want. patience required, nowt happening for a bit, even Ray's allowed a break hopefully clear some of his daft tactical thoughts oot his heid with a few days on the beach .

There'll be a plan .......but if it includes similar to Toshney, Tope, Nichols, the Dutch imposters, etc Ray's be better not to get back on the plane !

tHeArAb
09-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Same happens every year. Boys get all uptight cos we haven't signed 5 players in the first week of the close season. Guys are on holiday, yes, even the manager. Chill.

offshore_arab83
09-06-2017, 09:07 AM
f uck sakes eveyones on holiday, we've got plenty time!

arab_plumber
09-06-2017, 09:40 AM
f uck sakes eveyones on holiday, we've got plenty time!

Agree to point J but the longer you wait the poorer standard of player you're more likely to get.

To get a feel good factor back early quality signings are needed imo, also putting your team through a pre season together is absolutely critical

TerryTheTerror
09-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Yeah but if folk are on holiday they are on holiday. This is exactly the time footballers are.

Jedi u-Knighted
09-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Anyone any idea when United return to pre season training.?? Just reading article where Falkirk are 28th June. Would suspect it'll be round about that time too so as previously said, plenty of time yet...

ahlltanyirhide
09-06-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm hearing that if bid, and you are selected to play in Bo's charity game and you show a wee bit flair, then you are in with a shout of a game in the league cup. £50 bucks could get you on against Buckie Thistle and only £35 for a chance to play against The Fun (obviously the lesser of the two games) :P

FTD1983
09-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Ahhh the good old Aaron Taylor-Sinclair rumour.

It'll be Steven Lawless next. Andy Webster coming in at the back as well nae doot.

What other players are we consistently linked with?

Taylor-Sinclair is a good player but hasn't played in over a year.....

TerryTheTerror
09-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Think we have actually had the Scott Allan rumour. XD

USArab
09-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Lee Miller, Alex Mathie and Stevie Crawford rumored to be on the way! 😱😱😱

Otm_Shank
09-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Id rather get it done right than quickly.

eldorado49550
09-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Shaun Maloney was house hunting in St Andrews today! Fact as some counts say!

Oddsox
09-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Australia attacking midfielder, currently playing for qots im hearing

Arab59
09-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Nothing on signings nxt few days Thompson and Mckinnon on hols

Whitfieldarab
09-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Spittal to the FUN in the Tully the night.

Hmmm...bathered. Bye

JelloBiafra
09-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Spittal to the FUN in the Tully the night.

Hmmm...bathered. Bye

I AM bothered. That him and Fud are still on the books at the moment.....

Chick A Saw
10-06-2017, 11:12 AM
No bathered? Eh?

I think people here are forgetting what Blair is capable of. But if you think its acceptable to allow him to move across the road, then dont come on here in the future and greet about him scoring against us! You really need to be listening to what previous departing players have said about a lack of coaching during the Sackie and Mixu years before you put young lads like this down!

I certainly hope he makes a move doon sooth as all i see is him scoring against us if he stays up here!

TerryTheTerror
10-06-2017, 11:22 AM
It's hard to imagine him going to the fun as I'm pretty sure wherever he goes we'll be due a development fee. I may be wrong about that but he still under 23 you see.

arabsma
10-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Rumour we are after meekings and bikey

Arabdownsouth
10-06-2017, 01:06 PM

Rumoured where?

Whitfieldarab
10-06-2017, 01:28 PM
No bathered? Eh?

I think people here are forgetting what Blair is capable of. But if you think its acceptable to allow him to move across the road, then dont come on here in the future and greet about him scoring against us! You really need to be listening to what previous departing players have said about a lack of coaching during the Sackie and Mixu years before you put young lads like this down!

I certainly hope he makes a move doon sooth as all i see is him scoring against us if he stays up here!

I was gutted when young players like Robbo, Goodie, Gauld, Russell etc left because they were quality. Spittal is not. He's been part of the on field mediocrity of the past few years so... Bathered. Bye.

BudMill90
10-06-2017, 01:41 PM

No no no. You are reading Agent Scotland on twitter arent you? Very unreliable. Would take both though so I hope he is correct this time around!

eldorado49550
10-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Come on lads, somebody must have a real belter of a rumour to cheer me up?
i'm bored ****less with the close season already.
give me something to slaver about, i know it's out there!@!!

Oddsox
10-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Alan Hutton?

eldorado49550
10-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Alan Hutton? I said to cheer me up!!!!

Jaspar
11-06-2017, 08:42 AM
What's happened to the lad fae Spartans we signed?
The goal scorer?

Logie_Arab
11-06-2017, 09:01 AM
What's happened to the lad fae Spartans we signed?
The goal scorer?

Aaron Murrell has been out on loan I think. Been playing for the U20s.

BudMill90
13-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Seeing some Prince Buaben rumours on Twitter tonight.

shedboy71
13-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Been around for a bit. Apparently Mckinnon considering this as Prince wants to come. Not sure if its the right thing to do tbh

Chick A Saw
13-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Been around for a bit. Apparently Mckinnon considering this as Prince wants to come. Not sure if its the right thing to do tbh

Not sure about this but can be the type of player we need. At 29 he is not quite at the end of his career and has proved to be quite versatile for Hearts lately.

shedboy71
13-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Not sure about this but can be the type of player we need. At 29 he is not quite at the end of his career and has proved to be quite versatile for Hearts lately.

would love prince and gomis. But is that just nostalgia?

probably. A 50% prince would do fine next season but i do get the fear with ex players now. And quite right too given recent experiences.

arab81
13-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Prince is exactly the sort of midfielder we need. Sign him up!

Taylor83
13-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Bring back Goodie!

Hoofballer
13-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Not another ex player getting quoted......have we just not learned ?

It's a no from me , same for Goodie and Gomis , no more ex players please .

weegiearab
13-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Heard that the devlin lad is heading for kilmarnock fc.

Otm_Shank
13-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Would absolutely love Prince back. He was young when he was with us and has developed into a fine player.

TerryTheTerror
14-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Would absolutely love Prince back. He was young when he was with us and has developed into a fine player.

Totally agree, at 29 he's now at his peak.

darrenshedtastic
14-06-2017, 10:59 AM
would take prince back and im not normally for ex-players coming back.
hes showed at hearts he is versatile and a good footballer
he's a better passer than any of the current CM's or any we've released so if we want to play football this year then we need guys who can do that prince fits the bill. him and gomis strolled this league when hearts were down so id take him in a shot.

i did notice at the testimonial he was very very happy to be around tannadice again. the love for the club is clearly still there!

bobafett
14-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Heard that the devlin lad is heading for kilmarnock fc.
I'd be phucking gutted if we lost out to Killie on this one. No way they're offering better wages than us.

Arab 8010
14-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Spittal to Dundee today is what's going around 🤞

TerryTheTerror
14-06-2017, 02:03 PM
I'd be phucking gutted if we lost out to Killie on this one. No way they're offering better wages than us.

Eh? Why not, I bet their income is much bigger than ours for next season. Add to that the guy won't need to move home to play for them at a higher level than us.

FTD1983
14-06-2017, 02:47 PM

They probably couldn't last season.

They definitely could this season.

Hearing that Spittal has taken a pay cut to go to Dens and we can't match their offer...

Shows how out of control JMacs administration was - frightening.

Wullie
14-06-2017, 02:48 PM
They probably couldn't last season.

They definitely could this season.

Hearing that Spittal has taken a pay cut to go to Dens and we can't match their offer...

Shows how out of control JMacs administration was - frightening.

Good times.

shedboy87
14-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Spittal to Dundee today is what's going around 🤞

Its not Spittal yet anyway, they have Scott Allan on season long loan though

BudMill90
14-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Great signing for them

BudMill90
14-06-2017, 03:14 PM
It's safe to say that the ITK people around Dundee are doing pretty poorly this window. Our signing of Scobbie and Dundee's two signings today weren't even whispered and all of a sudden they sign. Fair play to the clubs for keeping it quiet. Disappointing that they have signed a player we'd love to have but when you think about it this is probably an indication of how much he dislikes us given we boo'd him when he was our player and upon his return in green and white...

ahlltanyirhide
14-06-2017, 04:11 PM
It's safe to say that the ITK people around Dundee are doing pretty poorly this window. Our signing of Scobbie and Dundee's two signings today weren't even whispered and all of a sudden they sign. Fair play to the clubs for keeping it quiet. Disappointing that they have signed a player we'd love to have but when you think about it this is probably an indication of how much he dislikes us given we boo'd him when he was our player and upon his return in green and white...

The Scott Allan one was whispered about, just the wrong team :O

BudMill90
15-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Spittal has signed for Partick Thistle today

offshore_arab83
15-06-2017, 01:01 PM
No great loss to be fair, one where everyone always said that he would come good, never happened as his move clearly shows

stokearab
15-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Spittal has signed for Partick Thistle today

I'd have been disappointed about this at one time, but not now.
We need a much harder resilient type of player now.

BudMill90
15-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I think he'll forge a decent career in Scotland. He has quality. But if he adds that steel to his game (remember he is only 21) he could be a very good player.

stokearab
15-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I think he'll forge a decent career in Scotland. He has quality. But if he adds that steel to his game (remember he is only 21) he could be a very good player.

It'll be interesting to see if he suddenly blossoms and stars for Partick because that would open up questions about the quality of coaching and development he'd had in the last year from Ray, Mixu and anyone before (you know who)

Wullie
15-06-2017, 01:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see if he suddenly blossoms and stars for Partick because that would open up questions about the quality of coaching and development he'd had in the last year from Ray, Mixu and anyone before (you know who)

Didn't he spend a lot of last season out through injury? Harsh to place any blame on McKinnon for that.

stokearab
15-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Didn't he spend a lot of last season out through injury? Harsh to place any blame on McKinnon for that.

Not sure how much he missed Wullie. But I worry generally about the quality of the coaching and development at Tannadice.

How was it not possible to get Erskine fit to last 90
How come Telfer didn't continue improving once joining us
How is it that Flood cannot take a set piece and fails so often to keep possession
Murrell, supposedly one for the future - released
Play a one man up top (Mikkelson) for weeks on end and expect him to score from high punts up the park

etc

Wullie
15-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Not sure how much he missed Wullie. But I worry generally about the quality of the coaching and development at Tannadice.

How was it not possible to get Erskine fit to last 90 - He was naturally unfit
How come Telfer didn't continue improving once joining us - he was ****e
How is it that Flood cannot take a set piece and fails so often to keep possession see above
Murrell, supposedly one for the future - released see above
Play a one man up top (Mikkelson) for weeks on end and expect him to score from high punts up the park see above

etc

Next ;D

BillBones
15-06-2017, 02:07 PM

Played 40 times last season

darrenshedtastic
15-06-2017, 03:06 PM
slightly disappointed about how its worked out for spittal at tannadice.

the season before we got relegated the next "group of talented youngsters" to step up have ultimately done nothing at united.
Connolly, Telfer and now Spittal have been released or left at end of contract. so either they were all poor and over hyped to something they werent or they were dragged down to the level of negativity that was around tannadice after the GMS/Armstrong window.
they all showed glimpses of what they could have done but not consistent enough and probably all needed another season being in and out of the team instead of being forced to be the main players for us which they clearly werent ready for. Guys like telfer/connolly/fraser/spittal were relied on to be the different for us in relegated season when they werent up to that level yet.

i think spittal will do well at Partick. hes hard working and can cover a few positions which will suit them. he has shown he can take a goal and put in a good cross. With less pressure and confidence he could be a key player for them next season.

dundeeunitedfc83
15-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Thank **** he's gone, 1 good game in about 15, honking

Arab 8010
15-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Glad he's gone myself. Not willing to get stuck in and always jumps out of the way of challenges. Scared of his own shadow.

arab81
15-06-2017, 04:15 PM
A player that plays out wide and can't cross a ball should instantly be shown the door. Well done united, dead wood clear out continue's.

Jim_Jam
15-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Glad he didn't sign for Dundee FC.
I think he will blossom into a very good player.
I can't see how Ray is going to attract any decent players to STs failing team.
I hope I am proved wrong on both counts.

Whitfieldarab
15-06-2017, 06:34 PM
If Spittal was anything special we wouldn't have just let him wind down his contract would we? We would've started offering him an extension a year ago.

Really struggling to think of a stand out attribute he has! he is bang average at everything he does.

Another young player bought with the hope of a sell on value that ended with yet another wet pump.

Bye Blair.

bobafett
15-06-2017, 06:38 PM
slightly disappointed about how its worked out for spittal at tannadice.

the season before we got relegated the next "group of talented youngsters" to step up have ultimately done nothing at united.
Connolly, Telfer and now Spittal have been released or left at end of contract. so either they were all poor and over hyped to something they werent or they were dragged down to the level of negativity that was around tannadice after the GMS/Armstrong window.
they all showed glimpses of what they could have done but not consistent enough and probably all needed another season being in and out of the team instead of being forced to be the main players for us which they clearly werent ready for. Guys like telfer/connolly/fraser/spittal were relied on to be the different for us in relegated season when they werent up to that level yet.

i think spittal will do well at Partick. hes hard working and can cover a few positions which will suit them. he has shown he can take a goal and put in a good cross. With less pressure and confidence he could be a key player for them next season.

I'd pretty much agree with all of that, mate. All 4 of those players had enough potential and talent to suggest they could be very good players for us long term. A combination of poor coaching (or lack of coaching, to be more precise) and their confidence being destroyed has seriously hindered them. I wouldn't be surprised if Spittal turns out to be a great signing for Thistle.

Wullie
15-06-2017, 08:03 PM
I'd pretty much agree with all of that, mate. All 4 of those players had enough potential and talent to suggest they could be very good players for us long term. A combination of poor coaching (or lack of coaching, to be more precise) and their confidence being destroyed has seriously hindered them. I wouldn't be surprised if Spittal turns out to be a great signing for Thistle.

Maybe they're just no very good.

Connolly is playing in the equivalent of a Sunday league team, Telfer wants to be a painter and decorator, Fraser has talent but the heart of a flea, Spittal has moved to those Galsgow giants, Partick Thistle.

Arab 8010
15-06-2017, 08:30 PM
McConolouge, Duff, McCunnie and Cameron all had potential too

bobafett
15-06-2017, 08:54 PM
McConolouge, Duff, McCunnie and Cameron all had potential too

Yep. Spark and JJ, too. Maybe we're just not doing enough to harness these boys' potential. A club like us can't afford not to make the most of our youth system.

Hoofballer
15-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Good news and good luck to Spittal in the future.

Flood and Donaldson to go now, Fraser too if someone wants to buy.

Clean slate and time for Ray to show what he's made of !

TangerineDream
15-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Disappointed it didn't work'out for Spittal here. Always thought he had potential, however it just did not materialise often enough. Personally I wish him arabest and hope he does well, except against us obviously. Guid luck to the lad at the decent Weegie club, could be a good move for him and will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Whitfieldarab
15-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Yep. Spark and JJ, too. Maybe we're just not doing enough to harness these boys' potential. A club like us can't afford not to make the most of our youth system.

Or maybe the young modern day footballer just doesn't put enough into their own game or have the will to improve themselves as a player.

ahlltanyirhide
15-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Or maybe the young modern day footballer just doesn't put enough into their own game or have the will to improve themselves as a player.

^^^^this all day long :mad:

Chick A Saw
15-06-2017, 10:41 PM

To be fair Stoke, there are players who have departed who have pointed out that coaching was an issue! But that was during the Sackie and Mixu show who have left the next manager with a shell of a team. Ray has shown he can improve a player with Durnan, and i think we started to see that in Murray and Spittal towards the end of the season! 2 players who will come back and bite us in the erse!

Chick A Saw
15-06-2017, 10:47 PM

Thing is, when you started working, did you know everything about your chosen trade? Whats so different about a footballer? From what im aware of at United, there was not enough teaching players how to play football and players like Spittal have suffered from that!

Otm_Shank
15-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Let's not go down the "young players these days..." route. I'm sure every generation ever does that.sometimes promising players just don't blossom they way we thought they would. Sometimes a player suits another team better, same with managers. David Moyes for instance, did amazing work at Everton and since then it hasn't worked out for him anywhere else.

Logie_Arab
16-06-2017, 07:59 AM
Hearing Fraser has asked to leave.

TerryTheTerror
16-06-2017, 08:39 AM

It's a real conundrum IMHO. The lad has talent, no doubt. However, we had our best runs of the season when he was injured.

RAM1971
16-06-2017, 09:34 AM
It's a real conundrum IMHO. The lad has talent, no doubt. However, we had our best runs of the season when he was injured.

Trebs, I don't know if I am following you right? Are you saying that although we were s**t, we were diarrhoea when Fraser wasn't playing?

TerryTheTerror
16-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Not sure I'd put it quite like that but if you mean we were worse with Fraser in the team then, yes.

SmedDUm
16-06-2017, 09:39 AM
It's a bit worrying that the trend at Tannadice is players wanting to leave rather than to stay.
Fraser was booed for scoring a goal last season (he honestly was), could it be the 'fans'?

RAM1971
16-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Not sure I'd put it quite like that but if you mean we were worse with Fraser in the team then, yes.

I'm still finding it difficult to reconcile things? Although we weren't solid with Fraser in the team, we were much more fluid when he wasn't playing?

Chick A Saw
16-06-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm still finding it difficult to reconcile things? Although we weren't solid with Fraser in the team, we were much more fluid when he wasn't playing?

I would think this is more to do with so many of his friends departing than anything else, unless he has been tapped up by another team!

He is a lad who has frustrated me, but he was also a major factor in one of the better performances i saw last season, and i think given the right coaching, might just be the one that blossoms next season.

Or maybe he is reading the writing on the wall!

BudMill90
16-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Cant agree with that I'm afraid mate. We had that end of season lull and only managed to pick it up in the play-offs. We are a better 'football' team with Fraser playing, simple as that. But he is a total f4nny at times which doesn't help us. Good player though in my eyes.

TerryTheTerror
16-06-2017, 10:25 AM
...We are a better 'football' team with Fraser playing...

Sometimes, yes. Not often enough IMHO and the negative to the side when this is not the case is too great to bear.

FTD1983
16-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Sometimes, yes. Not often enough IMHO and the negative to the side when this is not the case is too great to bear.

If Fraser goes is that the last of the 2nd "Golden Generation" gone from the team with a whimper?

Spittal, Fraser, Telfer, Zwick, Souttar x 2?

you could probably argue Coote and Allardice but for me they weren't ever expected to come through as quickly as the above?

Tannadicebunnet
16-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Hearing we have offered Stephen Pearson a pay as you play contract.

tHeArAb
16-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Frasers probably sick of the constant abuse he gets from the Shed end of the George Fox stand. I sometimes sit up that end if we're shooting up the hill in the 2nd half and its ****ing awful. He hears it all and he reacts to it so it clearly gets to him and quite rightly so. He gets singled out even when he's having a good game, folk just want to volley him with abuse the whole game. No wonder the boy wants to leave.

Fwiw I'm not fussed if he stays or goes. Talented but far too soft.

Sutherland Arab
16-06-2017, 12:27 PM

If he wants to leave fine, that would be another young United player with paper thin commitment to the club who brought him through as a player, and wants to leave cause they can't hack it.
Maybe he'll get a "dream" move to Partick Thistle like Spittal.

arab81
16-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Possibly getting rid of Spittal & fraser in quick succession? Beginning to get onboard with ray. ☺

TangerineDream
16-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Fraser wants to leave . Some of the abuse directed at him from moothpiece aggressive ****s in the stands has been a feking disgrace. Some times I really wonder about some of our "support"

For me, I would prefer him to stay. I know he has faults but can and will improve I feel. Laddie has much talent. If he goes he will be an asset to some other team.

BudMill90
16-06-2017, 02:18 PM
We are setting standards so high for our young players due to the success of Armstrong, Robertson, Gauld, Russell, Goodie, Souttar to an extent.

Unfair to expect boys like Spittal, Fraser, Telfer, Robson, Coote etc to be anywhere near the above. That was a real one-off for a few years thanks to Stevie Campbell.

If you think before Goodie/Russell came through, who did we really bring through from our academy?

Stephen Thompson/Craig Easton late 90s early 00s... The only ones I can think off the top of my head. If there are any from early 00s until 2009 (ish) when Goodie became more of a regular then I don't remember them...

darrenshedtastic
16-06-2017, 03:20 PM
we've always been quite good for bringing through players its only really been in recent years where our young players have been sold or have had higher profile from the media.

lots of players have came through and done nothing but there have been years of player who have made a contribution in their career at tannadice.

forgetting guys like paul gallacher/garry kenneth/stuart duff and so on who might have not been great but came through at tannadice.

BudMill90
16-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Lee Miller signs for Falkirk for another season. Puts that lovely rumour to bed.

Logie_Arab
16-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Darren Taylor interview on The Zone.

GingerPetric
16-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Lee Miller signs for Falkirk for another season. Puts that lovely rumour to bed.

Thank phuck, one of the worst signings in the club's history

Whitfieldarab
16-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Thing is, when you started working, did you know everything about your chosen trade? Whats so different about a footballer? From what im aware of at United, there was not enough teaching players how to play football and players like Spittal have suffered from that!

I'd imagine Blair Spittal didn't start playing football at the age of 16 when I started my chosen trade.

I get that he is young and played in struggling United sides but I just don't see a player there and I'm not bothered he's away.

BudMill90
16-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Darren Taylor interview on The Zone.

Good interview by the way.

Key points for anyone who doesnt have the zone:

Hoping 2 or 3 new players signed before pre seasons starts 28th June (he did say 'dont quote me on that though')

Manager refusing to sign any 'youtube players' and they have a lot coming for trials so he can see them in the flesh.

He didnt mention names but its very clear that Flood and Murdo have agreed new deals and theyll be announced once Ray is back next week (i dont think those two are included in the '2 or 3 players' mentioned above)

Mikkelson still on the table - trying to strike a deal

Ray not too keen on the loan market and will hold off a bit to see what options they need nearer deadline day due to some rule change with English teams that apparently means a higher quality of player will be available.

Darren spent near two months watching games in England prior to last seasons end. Mentioned looking for attacking players with that 'brute strength'

Said they are looking for a squad of 18 players all at the same level of quality so we dont end up in a situation like in play offs where bench was pure gash. Assuming that means potential loans for some young ones again (i think coote needs to go out)

Not going down the VDV/VDS road again of older players that were good in their prime.

Billy King brought in to address the width issue and potentially looking to bring in at least a couple more.

Also mentioned striker and it sounds like they also want at least 2 maybe 3 more on top of keatings.

Arab 8010
16-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Good interview with Darren Taylor on Arabzone.
Couple of foreign guys coming in on trial.
Meeting down south next week about others coming on trial.
Hopefully another 2-3 signings for pre season starting (28th june).
Wants more width.
Wants at least another 2 strikers.
In talks with Mikkelsons club about getting him back.
Has been down south for past 6-8 weeks looking at players and speaking to agents.
Wants to add more strength to the team.
There will be 3 friendly games prior to the raith cup game on the 15th July but none at tannadice.
Out of contract players have verbally agreed to sign new deals (Flood and Murdoch).

Hoofballer
16-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Flood......please no .....!