Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

blowupsheep
01-06-2017, 06:34 AM
So here we go, for me I would like to see

Greg Tansey (done deal)
Ali Crawford (transfer fee)
Shaun Maloney (free)
Liam Lindsay (transfer fee)

Think these four could fit right in but transfer fees for Crawford and Lindsay might be the stumbling block, but after the season we have just had then surely it is time for Milne and the board to dig deep for some funds to back and support DM with in the transfer market.

COYR

Pauldolski10
01-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Charlton have offered Partick 750,000 for Lindsay and probably a higher pay packet, pretty much rules us out.

DandiesLegend
01-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Devlin from Hamilton id say, the one shining light they had in a crap season.

Pacman1903
01-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Devlin from Hamilton id say, the one shining light they had in a crap season.

Agreed. Hes better than Taylor

Pauldolski10
01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Heard he done his ACL and is out for a while?

RedStarTorphins
01-06-2017, 09:07 AM
The names on the original post;

Tansey - as you say done deal
Crawford - no thanks - not an upgrade
Maloney - good player, but always injured - think it would backfire as can't guarantee 30 games out of him
Lindsay - as Paudolski said, way out of our reach and is he that good? Certainly not £750k worth of good
Devlin - out long term and is no better than Ash Taylor IMO

My tuppence worth?

Largely depends on who goes does it not?
It could be a clusterf*ck of a summer if McInnes goes
He could potentially take any/some of Lewis, Shinnie, Hayes, McLean

Let's assume that it's "just" Jonny that goes and we get £1m

I'd look to try and get;

- Centre half - no idea who, I'm not a scout, but neither of the above - likely it'll be a lower league player from England
- Ryan Christie (on the assumption we receive a fee for Jonny)
- a winger - not sure - GMS has been linked and if we got the "Dundee Utd" GMS then that wouldn't be bad. Greg Stewart on loan with a view to signing?
- a centre forward - off load Storey and replace him
- possibly another centre mid but depends on what budget is left as we have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play there
- ideally I'd like two centre halves but very unlikely

to be honest, we can't really plan anything until we know the managerial situation, which is a ballache

Aldo1983
01-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Ali Crawford isn't great. If we are sniffing about clubs that have been relegated or nearly got relegated then we are doooooomed.

A really good centre half is needed and a really good player to replace McGinn. Anything else will just be filler.

GGMDONS
01-06-2017, 10:49 AM
what happened to the 2 new players, we were going to sign before the end of season, have they changed their mind? We were promised them the day Tansey signed.

if not come on DM get them signed or are they awaiting to see if you are going to Sunderland?

I hope they are signed before the players return for pre-season

medw1311
01-06-2017, 12:35 PM
From the BBC Gossip Column:

"Ryan Christie's reluctance to make a permanent move to Aberdeen, where the midfielder had been on loan, could force Celtic to make a straight cash bid for Dons winger Jonny Hayes. (Daily Express, print edition)"

87kilos
01-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Still think that is a load of *******s!

ohno
01-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Agreed. Hes better than Taylor

Not just now as he is out for 9 months with leg injury.

rico94
01-06-2017, 12:47 PM
The names on the original post;

Tansey - as you say done deal
Crawford - no thanks - not an upgrade
Maloney - good player, but always injured - think it would backfire as can't guarantee 30 games out of him
Lindsay - as Paudolski said, way out of our reach and is he that good? Certainly not £750k worth of good
Devlin - out long term and is no better than Ash Taylor IMO

My tuppence worth?

Largely depends on who goes does it not?
It could be a clusterf*ck of a summer if McInnes goes
He could potentially take any/some of Lewis, Shinnie, Hayes, McLean

Let's assume that it's "just" Jonny that goes and we get £1m

I'd look to try and get;

- Centre half - no idea who, I'm not a scout, but neither of the above - likely it'll be a lower league player from England
- Ryan Christie (on the assumption we receive a fee for Jonny)
- a winger - not sure - GMS has been linked and if we got the "Dundee Utd" GMS then that wouldn't be bad. Greg Stewart on loan with a view to signing?
- a centre forward - off load Storey and replace him
- possibly another centre mid but depends on what budget is left as we have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play there
- ideally I'd like two centre halves but very unlikely

to be honest, we can't really plan anything until we know the managerial situation, which is a ballache

GMS is being linked with Sheff United so thats not happening if they are interested.

Apparently Christie isn't keen to move here permanently, to me its a waste of time taking him on loan again we need our best players available when we play Celtic.

Greg Stewart might be a good signing I would imagine his game time will be even more limited once Redknapp floods his team with ex spurs and QPR players.

medw1311
01-06-2017, 12:51 PM
GMS is being linked with Sheff United so thats not happening if they are interested.

Apparently Christie isn't keen to move here permanently, to me its a waste of time taking him on loan again we need our best players available when we play Celtic.

Greg Stewart might be a good signing I would imagine his game time will be even more limited once Redknapp floods his team with ex spurs and QPR players.

Stewart is also being linked with Hearts and MK Dons.

Feck_the_Huns
01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
If Christie doesn't want to come to AFC, then Celtic don't get Hayes unless they pay WAY over the odds, say £2m. Otherwise, he can go to England

These 4 players must be 1st team picks, lads that can come straight in and play week in week out, if required. NO SQUAD PLAYERS. Squad players should be our kids.

RedStarTorphins
01-06-2017, 01:38 PM
If Christie doesn't want to come to AFC, then Celtic don't get Hayes unless they pay WAY over the odds, say £2m. Otherwise, he can go to England

These 4 players must be 1st team picks, lads that can come straight in and play week in week out, if required. NO SQUAD PLAYERS. Squad players should be our kids.

In theory that's fine
Reality is maybe different.
What I mean is this;
Say Notts Forest offer £1m and we accept that, then Celtic will also offer that - they wouldn't offer say £1.25m
We then would have a very unhappy player if he's not allowed to talk to Celtic but is Notts Forest.

RedStarTorphins
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Stewart is also being linked with Hearts and MK Dons.

He's be an excellent signing to replace McGinn
Plays on the right (although he's an out and out leftie)

rico94
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
In theory that's fine
Reality is maybe different.
What I mean is this;
Say Notts Forest offer £1m and we accept that, then Celtic will also offer that - they wouldn't offer say £1.25m
We then would have a very unhappy player if he's not allowed to talk to Celtic but is Notts Forest.

I guess it wouldn't matter to us rst, he would be at Notts Forest and would be their unhappy player XD

I wouldn't have thought he would be desperate to go to Celtic anyway, I suggested a while back he was a Tim and was told on here that he wasn't.

afc_1983
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
As it stands, we need to replace McGinn, Taylor, Alexander and Pawlett.

McGinn guarantees about 15 assists and 15 goals a season so he's going to be a major loss.
Taylor, for all his faults, wins absolutely everything in the air. We need someone similar to dominate at the back.
Pawlett was a bit-part player, but he was a very good deputy. The squad needs depth.
Alexander was a useful back-up to Lewis. Could we promote Rodgers and save us some money in the goalkeeper department?

The board simply must back the manager this summer. There's no excuse here. We'll be on for record turnover from last season so we should have some money about to reinvest. It'd be worth bringing in Stewart or Christie for McGinn. We simply can't scrimp. You get what you pay for. Hopefully Wright can step up and be a consistent player too.

No idea what the options are for replacing Taylor - can't say I'm overly excited by Lindsay or Devlin. Hopefully Deek knows someone decent in England/abroad.

The ball is in the board's court. Don't drop it.

NewOrleansRed
01-06-2017, 02:25 PM
As it stands, we need to replace McGinn, Taylor, Alexander and Pawlett.

McGinn guarantees about 15 assists and 15 goals a season so he's going to be a major loss.
Taylor, for all his faults, wins absolutely everything in the air. We need someone similar to dominate at the back.
Pawlett was a bit-part player, but he was a very good deputy. The squad needs depth.
Alexander was a useful back-up to Lewis. Could we promote Rodgers and save us some money in the goalkeeper department?

The board simply must back the manager this summer. There's no excuse here. We'll be on for record turnover from last season so we should have some money about to reinvest. It'd be worth bringing in Stewart or Christie for McGinn. We simply can't scrimp. You get what you pay for. Hopefully Wright can step up and be a consistent player too.

No idea what the options are for replacing Taylor - can't say I'm overly excited by Lindsay or Devlin. Hopefully Deek knows someone decent in England/abroad.

The ball is in the board's court. Don't drop it.

Problem is, most Dons fans of a certain age have seen the "club must back the manager" moment come and go over many many season previously. We have a budget and we stick to it. Full stop. That budget may have increased but surely we're talking about a relatively small increase over years gone by. If the well is dry, the well is dry. I suspect it's that frustration that will drive McInnes towards a fresh challenge this summer to take advantage of his good reputation at the minute, rather than risk another season with a new uncertain squad only to find out his name is mud at the end of it and the job offers aren't so sparkly.

Until we have 20,000 at Pittodrie/New Stadium every week, these are the facts of life.

Stupie82
01-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Its a worrying time to be honest. Selling Hayes to Celtic would be a disaster for us, if we are to even think about getting near them next season. If you sell your best players to your rivals, then whats the point? it would take big money for me to be happy and that money would 100% have to be reinvested back into the transfer kitty.

We have already replaced Jack, so thats not a problem, easy shoes to fill. The issue for me is we have to replace Taylor, Reynolds and Considine, along with Mcginn and possibly Hayes. We could even lose McLean if he attracts attention and Logan is an attractive player for other clubs too. Luckily theya re under contract and would require a fee, but I'm not convinced it would all be reinvested. These are worst case scenarios of course.

As for point on Reynolds and Considine, they just aren't good enough and if we are to progress and they will need replaced. Rooney needs someone to back him up with Stockley out and we would ideally want to strengthen on our striking options so it may cost us money.

McInnes and Milne have their work cut out! I have a mix of fear of the unknown and excitement about a freshening up!!

rico94
01-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Problem is, most Dons fans of a certain age have seen the "club must back the manager" moment come and go over many many season previously. We have a budget and we stick to it. Full stop. That budget may have increased but surely we're talking about a relatively small increase over years gone by. If the well is dry, the well is dry. I suspect it's that frustration that will drive McInnes towards a fresh challenge this summer to take advantage of his good reputation at the minute, rather than risk another season with a new uncertain squad only to find out his name is mud at the end of it and the job offers aren't so sparkly.

Until we have 20,000 at Pittodrie/New Stadium every week, these are the facts of life.

No excuses from the board,there is no debt anymore(cleared by someone else) plus we must have made a fair bit from finishing 2nd and the cup runs and if we sell Hayes or McLean that money also has to go back into the squad, none of this well is dry stuff there must be a good chunk of wages freed up from Jack, Taylor and McGinn as well. No ones expecting us to pay millions of pounds for players here but its not impossible for us to get good players in for 300-500k, we used to do it in the late 80s and early 90s.

NewOrleansRed
01-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Its a worrying time to be honest. Selling Hayes to Celtic would be a disaster for us, if we are to even think about getting near them next season. If you sell your best players to your rivals, then whats the point? it would take big money for me to be happy and that money would 100% have to be reinvested back into the transfer kitty.

We have already replaced Jack, so thats not a problem, easy shoes to fill. The issue for me is we have to replace Taylor, Reynolds and Considine, along with Mcginn and possibly Hayes. We could even lose McLean if he attracts attention and Logan is an attractive player for other clubs too. Luckily theya re under contract and would require a fee, but I'm not convinced it would all be reinvested. These are worst case scenarios of course.

As for point on Reynolds and Considine, they just aren't good enough and if we are to progress and they will need replaced. Rooney needs someone to back him up with Stockley out and we would ideally want to strengthen on our striking options so it may cost us money.

McInnes and Milne have their work cut out! I have a mix of fear of the unknown and excitement about a freshening up!!

Its a massive summer for us. And that's an understatement. I personally want

Devlin
Maloney
Christie
GMS
New Striker

But i strongly doubt that's what we're getting.
Just a wee bit of food for thought. I came home the cup final (great day, shyte score) and at the last minute a mate from Belgium (big KAA Gent fan whom I've adopted.....aye the team....nae my mate... and vice versa) decided to fly over last minute and come with us to the game. He got a ticket and all worked out great. Got into a great pre-match conversation with him in the boozer which may or may not offer a little hope for the future.

Only a few years back KAA were based in their traditional 1920's built home; The Jules Ottenstadion. just shy of 13,000 capacity and if you look at pictures of it, it's exactly what you'd expect from a provincial teams stadium from that era. Would easily be mistaken for a Scottish teams ground. They decided to build a purpose built 20,000 all seater in an industrial estate further out of town in 2003, but due to objections and enviromental concerns the Ghelamco Arena wouldn't get built until 2013 i think.

KAA Gent live in the shadow of bigger teams traditionally with Anderlecht topping the pile with a budget that usually would very much dwarf their own. I'm sure you're seeing the similarities here. There was a natural pecking order that was reinforced and existed as the status quo. The Ghelamco Arena ultimately helped change that. KAA became champions of Belgium for the first time in their history in season 2014/15 with home games selling out at 20,000 each week. Gent is a beautiful city with a population very close to that of Aberdeen and the stadium, which i visited last year, is quite incredible. It's the sort of place you'd WANT to take you're family to to sit and watch football. It's the sort of stadium a player would walk into for the first time and say "i want to play here".

My friend said to the group of us (while wearing his KAA Gent and Dandies pin badges) "Gent were Aberdeen, Where you are now is where we were not long ago. But we changed things".

Gent went on to compete in the Champions league and for anyone who didn't catch it, they made the Europa League quarters i think having knocked out Tottenham. Last year they sold their keeper and top midfielder for a combined price of 18m Euro's. Impressive stuff. Point is, while you can't make a direct comparison with all the variables, there's surely hope in there that the club might be on the right track and that 10 years from now, our expectations might be quite different.

Sadly i think this year's team has had it's chips and will be picked off including the manager. We just have to avoid the textbook Matalan Catalan fall from grace.

Pacman1903
01-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Not just now as he is out for 9 months with leg injury.

Ok on par then

RedStarTorphins
01-06-2017, 09:02 PM

You say "McInnes has his work cut out"
The problem is that he's going to leave.
We'll be faffing around appointing a manager when the players (what's left of them) report back for training.
We've usually got most of our signings done before then, however, we can't if we don't have a manager.

GlezgaRed
03-06-2017, 07:02 AM
I reckon more than 4 players will come in as it'll be quantity over quality sadly, I just can't see Sunderland coming for McInnes so it'll be his type of player we'll be getting linked with...

I'll stick with 4 players for the thread;
Greg Tansey (done deal)
Devlin or a new Ash Taylor (Englandshire lower league)
Maloney/GMS/Christie or another Englandshire lower league wide player we've never heard of
Liam Boyce (he should be our No.1 target)

Can also see a couple of loans in the mould of Stewart/May/Shinnie etc

I really would like to see us get an actual left back in this summer aswell.

red_mist
03-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Great post.

Looks a decent stadium at Gent, the only change I'd make is to have the fans all the way down to pitch level (as per Tynecastle). More intimidating to visiting teams if fans are actually in their faces going over for throw-ins etc.

Gives some hope that Aberdeen could actually step up a level to regular Europa League and make a real challenge for the Title.

(Plenty of parallels with Gent but I'd temper that with Anderlecht etc. being much smaller clubs than the Old Firm)

Donanddusted
03-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Alas, even though it was only NZ, an International goal scorer isn't going to want to come to a club that is going through big changes.
Nor will our chairman want to pay a transfer fee...

RedStarTorphins
03-06-2017, 03:46 PM
I reckon more than 4 players will come in as it'll be quantity over quality sadly, I just can't see Sunderland coming for McInnes so it'll be his type of player we'll be getting linked with...

I'll stick with 4 players for the thread;
Greg Tansey (done deal)
Devlin or a new Ash Taylor (Englandshire lower league)
Maloney/GMS/Christie or another Englandshire lower league wide player we've never heard of

Can also see a couple of loans in the mould of Stewart/May/Shinnie etc

I really would like to see us get an actual left back in this summer aswell.

Devlin is out long term.
We might try for him NEXT summer when he's available free.
Agree - it'll be "who" from Coventry or wherever.

Boyce? Forget that. He'll cost £500k?

We know the McInnes type of signings... but that's a moot point, or will be.
He'll be trying to get Sunderland promoted.
It'll be more a question of who DM will try & take with him.

vinnydesalvo
03-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Aye - but we could always tempt them with Stockley as part of the £500k deal. Just leaving the £490k to be split into long-term instalments.

rico94
03-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Devlin is out long term.
We might try for him NEXT summer when he's available free.
Agree - it'll be "who" from Coventry or wherever.

Boyce? Forget that. He'll cost £500k?

We know the McInnes type of signings... but that's a moot point, or will be.
He'll be trying to get Sunderland promoted.
It'll be more a question of who DM will try & take with him.

I believe Ross County stated recently they wouldn't consider offers below 1 million for Boyce.

We could always us the 1 million we will get for Hayes XD

RedStarTorphins
03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
I believe Ross County stated recently they wouldn't consider offers below 1 million for Boyce.

We could always us the 1 million we will get for Hayes XD

You think the new manager will get any money to spend?
I admire your optimism (even though it's sarcasm)
That's why someone like Tommy Wright will get the gig.
He'll see it as a step up whilst accepting getting no money.

rico94
03-06-2017, 04:39 PM
You think the new manager will get any money to spend?
I admire your optimism (even though it's sarcasm)
That's why someone like Tommy Wright will get the gig.
He'll see it as a step up whilst accepting getting no money.

Yes I was being sarcastic,I find it pretty pointless when people talk about Boyce as a target when a transfer fee would be involved.You would be as well talk about Griezmann being a target XD

vinnydesalvo
04-06-2017, 10:31 AM
£60k Irvine, £300k Richardson, £200k plus Stockley for Weir, £300k fer Mason and spunk the rest of the Hayes cash on Gillhaus. Bring Smithie hame.

rico94
10-06-2017, 08:09 AM
According to the p and j we are signing Greg Stewart.

Sheep On Fire
10-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Stewart Would be a great replacement for McGinn

theram1975
10-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Stewart Would be a great replacement for McGinn

It would also be a typical McInnes signing. Hopefully our manager's been looking into a few deals while on holiday and preparing for next season.

xtrmntr75
10-06-2017, 12:09 PM
No excuses from the board,there is no debt anymore(cleared by someone else) plus we must have made a fair bit from finishing 2nd and the cup runs and if we sell Hayes or McLean that money also has to go back into the squad, none of this well is dry stuff there must be a good chunk of wages freed up from Jack, Taylor and McGinn as well. No ones expecting us to pay millions of pounds for players here but its not impossible for us to get good players in for 300-500k, we used to do it in the late 80s and early 90s.

The sums have to add up though or we'll end up in debt again.

I'd agree the money from Hayes or McLean has to go back into the squad. We have been in a strong position in the last few years and have built up a decent co-efficient in Europe. If we lose the manager and a number of our key players, it's ***** we stay as strong as we can and recruit well for next season. If we are going to buy players it needs to be guys we know will do a job. Stewart would be a good signing. We stand a far greater chance of getting him if Deek stays.

xtrmntr75
10-06-2017, 12:13 PM
£60k Irvine, £300k Richardson, £200k plus Stockley for Weir, £300k fer Mason and spunk the rest of the Hayes cash on Gillhaus. Bring Smithie hame.

They were the days when we never failed in the transfer market. 'McGhee gone you say'. 'Ach we'll just get thon tubby blonde boy fae St.Mirren'

RedStarTorphins
10-06-2017, 01:01 PM
It would also be a typical McInnes signing. Hopefully our manager's been looking into a few deals while on holiday and preparing for next season.

Whatever happened to the left winger that was at Motherwell?
Marvin Johnson?
I always liked him.
Was it Oxford he went to?
Is he doing well, if so we've no chance of getting him.

RedStarTorphins
10-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Whatever happened to the left winger that was at Motherwell?
Marvin Johnson?
I always liked him.
Was it Oxford he went to?
Is he doing well, if so we've no chance of getting him.

Just answered my own question when I googled...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/795414/motherwell-set-to-cash-in-as-celtic-and-manchester-city-move-for-former-winger-marvin-johnson/amp/

No chance then!! :-)

Feck_the_Huns
10-06-2017, 03:03 PM
So, Greg Stewart. Interesting past, can't find where he served his apprenticeship, might have been Cowdenbeath but anyhow, made his debut there at 20 and still there at 24, so strange that he should suddently burst onto the scene at Dundee, where he had 2 good seasons then onto Brum, where's he's not done much. Unusual that he wasn't spotted before that age, but maybe just a late developer. I suppoe to be fair, how many first team games did Hayes play before he went to Inverness? Big fat zero?

Reminds me of Hayes but without the blistering pace, but left sided but plays on the right

theram1975
10-06-2017, 03:35 PM
So, Greg Stewart. Interesting past, can't find where he served his apprenticeship, might have been Cowdenbeath but anyhow, made his debut there at 20 and still there at 24, so strange that he should suddently burst onto the scene at Dundee, where he had 2 good seasons then onto Brum, where's he's not done much. Unusual that he wasn't spotted before that age, but maybe just a late developer. I suppoe to be fair, how many first team games did Hayes play before he went to Inverness? Big fat zero?

I knew Hayes had been at a couple of smaller teams but had no idea that he had actually played a few games in the Championship for Leicester, even started one.

RedStarTorphins
12-06-2017, 09:52 PM
I see Hibs are after Greg Stewart & Louis Moult.
Two good signings if true.

Meanwhile in Sleepy Hollow.....

blowupsheep
13-06-2017, 03:44 AM

Meanwhile in EXTREMELY Sleepy Hollow, the deafening silence is very worrying

Stand Free!!!

COYR

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 05:09 PM

I'd take the two of them to Aberdeen.
If it all falls into place, we very much could be in the running

afc1903mad
13-06-2017, 05:11 PM
So, Greg Stewart.

Reminds me of Hayes but without the blistering pace, but left sided but plays on the right

Stewart (27) on the right.
Wright (19) on the left.

Would not be a bad replacement for McGinn (31) and Hayes (29).

NewOrleansRed
14-06-2017, 03:01 AM
Stewart (27) on the right.
Wright (19) on the left.

Would not be a bad replacement for McGinn (31) and Hayes (29).

I see Neil Warnock mentioned we're still in the hunt for two Celtic players, in between him whining like a wee lassie and claiming we messed Cardiff about. Maybe if the leek munchers hadn't made two joke offers for Hayes prior we'd be a wee bit more sympathetic. Poor baby.

So Christie and GMS no doubt still on the radar. It's terrifying how much may hinge on McInnes staying or going. That's football though.

TheRedRichard
14-06-2017, 06:21 PM
So, at least £3M to spend and freed up wages of Hayes, Jack, McGinn, Pawlett and Taylor.

We better hope we get a manager who won't piss it away on dross. There are season tickets to sell...

sheepcrooky
14-06-2017, 06:23 PM
So, at least £3M to spend and freed up wages of Hayes, Jack, McGinn, Pawlett and Taylor.

We better hope we get a manager who won't piss it away on dross. There are season tickets to sell...

You are forgetting Dod Yules master plan for us fans to start giving the club £50 each per month by direct debit because everything is our fault.

TheRedRichard
14-06-2017, 06:26 PM
you are forgetting dod yules master plan for us fans to start giving the club £50 each per month by direct debit because everything is our fault.

:P

Pacman1903
14-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Surely that's a whoosh

RED_JOHN
14-06-2017, 06:43 PM
You are forgetting Dod Yules master plan for us fans to start giving the club £50 each per month by direct debit because everything is our fault.

I think Yule has been kicked into touch and we will be hearing a lot less of him since Dave Cormack has invested and will be demanding media attention to fulfill his ambitions. Yule has certainly made way for Cormack.

Back to the 4 new faces at least regarding the playing squad... I hope we expand a bit further than the 4 new faces.

There is no getting away from the fact that having lost McGinn and now Hayes we are in desperate need of another creative player who can score quite a few goals and be able to provide plenty of assists. S.Wright will hopefully get a lot more chances during the season but we also need strength in depth so a quality winger should be added to our new team.

theram1975
14-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Surely that's a whoosh

Must be.

I'll be surprised if we spend £3 on fees.

afc1903mad
14-06-2017, 06:48 PM
I think Yule has been kicked into touch and we will be hearing a lot less of him since Dave Cormack has invested and will be demanding media attention to fulfill his ambitions. Yule has certainly made way for Cormack.

Back to the 4 new faces at least regarding the playing squad... I hope we expand a bit further than the 4 new faces.

There is no getting away from the fact that having lost McGinn and now Hayes we are in desperate need of another creative player who can score quite a few goals and be able to provide plenty of assists. S.Wright will hopefully get a lot more chances during the season but we also need strength in depth so a quality winger should be added to our new team.

I'm hoping we invest some of the Hayes money to get Greg Stewart in as his replacement

Stupie82
14-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Sunderland fans on their forum discussing who Derek will sign from us. They are already tipping Shinnie, Logan, Mclean and Lewis to make the move. I hope to f*ck that doesnt happen, but who knows with the way things are going.

RedStarTorphins
14-06-2017, 08:26 PM

I agree about George Yule.
Think he'll be gone before long.

As for players, we'll be back to square one, as the new manager will likely want different players to the ones DM was speaking to.

TheRedRichard
14-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Sunderland fans on their forum discussing who Derek will sign from us. They are already tipping Shinnie, Logan, Mclean and Lewis to make the move. I hope to f*ck that doesnt happen, but who knows with the way things are going.

The majority of Sunderland fans won't have heard of any of our players, and won't want any of them.

Feck_the_Huns
14-06-2017, 09:22 PM
I agree about George Yule.
Think he'll be gone before long.

As for players, we'll be back to square one, as the new manager will likely want different players to the ones DM was speaking to.

I don't think so. Cormack said in his RedTV interview that he's been speaking to Dod about plans etc for months, so I reckon Duncan Fraser is the one out the door

RED_JOHN
14-06-2017, 09:35 PM
A rough guess at our starting eleven as it stands....Lewis, Logan, Considine, Reynolds, O'Connor, Shinnie (capt) , Tansey, Christie, Wright, Rooney and McLean.
That team should beat the vast majority of teams in our league but obviously we want better than my roughly guessed 11 if we want to get better than where we were at.
A few weaknesses there that must be improved on for a new manager to sort out. Let's hope we can sort out the managerial position very quickly or that named team could well be starting our European tie very soon.
A few players been linked with us but that might be over now since Del has left the building.... Interesting times ahead for us fans. I really hope our next manager can get us playing a sharp attacking style of football and sets a team out to win every match and not sit in from the first whistle against half decent teams.

Feck_the_Huns
14-06-2017, 09:39 PM
A rough guess at our starting eleven as it stands....Lewis, Logan, Considine, Reynolds, O'Connor, Shinnie (capt) , Tansey, Christie, Wright, Rooney and Stockley.
That team should beat the vast majority of teams in our league but obviously we want better than my roughly guessed 11 if we want to get better than where we were at.
A few weaknesses there that must be improved on for a new manager to sort out. Let's hope we can sort out the managerial position very quickly or that named team could well be starting our European tie very soon.
A few players been linked with us but that might be over now since Del has left the building.... Interesting times ahead for us fans. I really hope our next manager can get us playing a sharp attacking style of football and sets a team out to win every match and not sit in from the first whistle against half decent teams.

You never know, the new manager might make a player out of MIles Storey!

Then again, maybe not.

Tommy Wright will love Stockley, right up his street

RED_JOHN
14-06-2017, 09:41 PM
You never know, the new manager might make a player out of MIles Storey!

Then again, maybe not.

Tommy Wright will love Stockley, right up his street

I made a mistake...fixed it now....McLean instead of Stockley. Completely forgot about Kenny! Lol

Feck_the_Huns
15-06-2017, 09:34 PM
With Del's situation sorted out, we need to crack on with the new signings. Great that all the groundwork will already have been done for new players.

You'd have to expect Maloney, Nicholson and Stewart to sign fairly quickly.

Added to Tansey and Christie, not a bad start.

Would still need another striker and a centre half

RedStarTorphins
15-06-2017, 09:37 PM
With Del's situation sorted out, we need to crack on with the new signings. Great that all the groundwork will already have been done for new players.

You'd have to expect Maloney, Nicholson and Stewart to sign fairly quickly.

Added to Tansey and Christie, not a bad start.

Would still need another striker and a centre half

Not a fan of Nicholson - no better than Pawlett.
Would rather Wright got more game time than Nicholson.

RedStarTorphins
15-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Maybe Greg Stewart won't be happening...

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/875468216184733696

RED_JOHN
15-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Now that Del has made his mind up...who will be the next signing?

Stewart?

afc1903mad
15-06-2017, 09:57 PM

To be fair, Harry says he's going to look closely at him in pre-season.
It may not yet be a dead duck

rico94
15-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Now that McInnes is staying

Stewart 400k

Boyce 500k

Maloney free

And a defender

Highly unlikely but would be good.

RED_JOHN
15-06-2017, 10:14 PM
To be fair, Harry says he's going to look closely at him in pre-season.
It may not yet be a dead duck

Harry is only trying to get the best deal for him and his club.

RedStarTorphins
15-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Now that McInnes is staying

Stewart 400k

Boyce 500k

Maloney free

And a defender

Highly unlikely but would be good.

Milne's read your post & heen a coronary

ragnarok
15-06-2017, 10:54 PM
If we can't get Stewart what about Ali Crawford? There was talk of him going to the h*ns 6 months ago but they seem to have cooled their interest. Shame Hamilton weren't relegated as they would have been easier to deal with.

TheRedRichard
15-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Imagine if we, you know, actually signed a player who wasn't from GB or Ireland :O

Maddison back on loan? :P

afc1903mad
15-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Imagine if we, you know, actually signed a player who wasn't from GB or Ireland :O

Where's Maddison from?:P

ragnarok
15-06-2017, 11:11 PM

Do we even send scouts overseas? No reason why we shouldn't look further afield but needs to be based on solid intelligence not the advice of some bloke who plays too much Football Manager.

GlezgaRed
16-06-2017, 06:29 AM
So has McInnes been told he'll get some/all of Hayes transfer fee to spend on players ?

Still think we should go all out to get Boyce from Ross County, pay them £0.5-0.75m that they will want for him.

Hopefully next week we'll see a few players coming in....
Left Back
Centre Half
Midfielder
Striker/Wide Player

blowupsheep
16-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Sticking with my OP on the four new faces at least

Greg Tansey (done deal)
Ali Crawford (transfer fee)
Shaun Maloney (free)
Liam Lindsay (transfer fee)

Playing field has changes a bit with the introduction of Cormack and subsequent rumored funds being available, so lets talk to to Thistle about Lindsay, and for Crawford I do not see Accies as being difficult to deal with
Still believe that four would all bring added bite to the club.

There is always Christie, but it is not a done deal as of yet

Stand Free!!!

COYR

87kilos
16-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Always thought Crawford was vastly overrated, can't remember ever seeing him against Aberdeen and thinking "wow there's a player".

Think there is/must be better options than Crawford tbh.

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Always thought Crawford was vastly overrated, can't remember ever seeing him against Aberdeen and thinking "wow there's a player".

Think there is/must be better options than Crawford tbh.

Agree with all of that.
There's bonHamilton player I'd want, including Devlin

GraniteCitySpur
16-06-2017, 06:49 AM
I've heard from a decent source that Gary Mackay-Steven is very likely

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 07:12 AM

Thought he was Sheffield Utd bound

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 07:16 AM

Is it just me who doesnt like him

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Need to sign a scout as we look like we dinna have any. Or they all have had their passports taken aff them

rico94
16-06-2017, 07:21 AM

How would Harry Redknapp know what we can or can't afford.

Possible sour grapes because he never got Hayes?

87kilos
16-06-2017, 07:27 AM

Well, we can't afford Christie on £8k which was well documented. So what is Stewart on? Was it not the case that we we couldn't even meet the % of the wages that they wanted us to pay or was that just paper talk/rumours?

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 07:41 AM

No its because hes crooked as f@ck and Stewart would cost 500k but he also has to get 500k aff the record

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 07:50 AM

Harry Redknapp is so unprofessional, blabbing to anyone that will listen as to who has made an offer
Was always the same on the god awful Transfer deadline day, rolling down the window of his car and talking in clichés

As for how he'd know if we could afford Stewart, maybe Birmingham are insisting that 50% of Greg Stewart's wages are met by the club loaning him.
If he's on say £8k pw, that would rule out most I'd think.

I'd have hoped it would be a permanent deal - if he cost £500k and hasn't had a game, he's certainly not increased in value, so maybe £350k-£400k?
Trouble would be if he has 2 years of an £8k per week contract left, he'll want that paid up or part met by Birmingham, hence why (similar to Ryan Christie) it's a loan Birmingham are talking about.

rico94
16-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Hopefully Stewart would be willing to take a pay cut for the good of his career.

I also saw Birmingham are trying to sign John Terry so they will need all the money they can get.

DandiesLegend
16-06-2017, 08:30 AM
The Liam Lindsay shout is the best one read yet in my opinion. Him and/or devlin (yes i know he is injured) would be fantastic signings.

Surely Lindsay he would see Us as a better move than Oxford. 250k rising to 350k should be easy affordable for what i see as a future internationalist (although that can be cancelled if he plays for us)

TheRedRichard
16-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Bob Martin tips on twitter, who correctly said that Deek was staying 5 hours before it came out, is intriguingly asking the club when they are going to announce the new signing, Monday?

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Hopefully Stewart would be willing to take a pay cut for the good of his career.

I also saw Birmingham are trying to sign John Terry so they will need all the money they can get.

They've also bid £7.5m for some striker allegedly

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Am I the only one not that fussed about Stewart on a loan?

kigoretrout
16-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I can't really remember that much about him. What was he at Dundee, a second striker ? Is that not the position Christie can play in on the assumption we don't sell McLean.

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 12:05 PM
I can't really remember that much about him. What was he at Dundee, a second striker ? Is that not the position Christie can play in on the assumption we don't sell McLean.

He invariably played wife right.
Very left footed but played on right.
Replacement for McGinn

kigoretrout
16-06-2017, 12:38 PM
He invariably played wife right.
Very left footed but played on right.
Replacement for McGinn

Ok. Sounds ideal if we can get him.

rico94
16-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid.

Perfect replacement for McGinn XD

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Beat me to it min

TheRedRichard
16-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Beat me to it min

Might take most of that £560M from the software company sale ;-) or his he on a Bosman? :P

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Ok. Sounds ideal if we can get him.

just re read my post
"played wife right"?!
fat thoom syndrome

Stupie82
16-06-2017, 02:21 PM

So which Guffy club is going to be first to spunk the biggest transfer cash in history to land him? He has a £1bn release clause... yes 1 BILLION!

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 02:34 PM
So which Guffy club is going to be first to spunk the biggest transfer cash in history to land him? He has a £1bn release clause... yes 1 BILLION!

Sh@t in his own nest of thats the case then. Even the mental guff teams wouldnt pay that

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Sh@t in his own nest of thats the case then. Even the mental guff teams wouldnt pay that

The reality is though that reality clauses matter not a f*ck
No club will keep a player that is wanting to leave. Even Ronaldo.
Some English club is mental enough to pay £100m for a 31 year old and pay him £500k per week.
The club sponsor will fund it.

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Who needs Ronaldo when we have just signed Christie on a 1yr loan!?

RedStarTorphins
16-06-2017, 03:16 PM
- Cover at RB (now that Jack is away) - no idea who the U-20 RB is?
- ideally 2 central defenders, but definitely one, and if it is one, a right sided one to replace big Ash.
- two wingers
- a centre forward.

this is in addition to Greg Tansey & Ryan Christie

off load Storey

neilthedon
16-06-2017, 03:20 PM
- Cover at RB (now that Jack is away) - no idea who the U-20 RB is?
- ideally 2 central defenders, but definitely one, and if it is one, a right sided one to replace big Ash.
- two wingers
- a centre forward.

this is in addition to Greg Tansey & Ryan Christie

off load Storey

Well, on past form , we seem to sign a player out of the blue. ( Nobody expected Adam Rooney when he arrived ?)

So , off the current radar , who is out there that has SPFL experience , but we would never expect to sign ?

Be someone like Jamie murphy . ( Nae chance eh ? Moved to Brighton and in Premier League now . )

Guess we`ll probably find out on Monday.......................

GlezgaRed
16-06-2017, 03:54 PM
So , off the current radar , who is out there that has SPFL experience , but we would never expect to sign ?

Could easily be someone like Kirk Broadfoot, does he fit the experienced centre-half position we need filled ?

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Could easily be someone like Kirk Broadfoot, does he fit the experienced centre-half position we need filled ?

F@cking gadz

sheepcrooky
16-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we had targets in mind. But, an increased budget from McInnes turning the screw , Cormack putting in some dosh and £1.3m from Timothy means we have upped the quality of our targets.

Anyway, as mentioned, we are normally pretty discreet with our transfers. I expect two quality signings next week. No idea who though.

sancho_panza
16-06-2017, 04:16 PM
I would advocate signing whoever Caley Thistle's best player is now we've got Tansey.

TheRedRichard
16-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we had targets in mind. But, an increased budget from McInnes turning the screw , Cormack putting in some dosh and £1.3m from Timothy means we have upped the quality of our targets.

Anyway, as mentioned, we are normally pretty discreet with our transfers. I expect two quality signings next week. No idea who though.

yup, it's 'a few' signings next week, probably been worked on for a while. Perhaps Maloney is one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40306962

87kilos
16-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Del said the quality will not drop. Fingers crossed he has a couple of gems in mind that we can tempt.

andoplzcumbak
16-06-2017, 04:19 PM

You should be banned for a week for that statement XD

neilthedon
16-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Hmm. Would I be wrong in suggesting he is a raging ffilthy hhun ?

Don`t think we ever sign that sort. ( Although anyone for Barry McKay ? Tricky winger .)

Spose it`ll be an Irish right sided Defender , and Stevie May , then .

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Hmm. Would I be wrong in suggesting he is a raging ffilthy hhun ?

You could say that. He's from a very loyalist town in Ayrshire and his initials KB isn't a coincidence.

Mason89
16-06-2017, 05:29 PM
You could say that. He's from a very loyalist town in Ayrshire and his initials KB isn't a coincidence.

I heard that every member of his family had the initials KB

Jupiter
16-06-2017, 05:48 PM

Yikes, he should be hung from a lamppost

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 05:50 PM
You should be banned for a week for that statement XD

For good

neilthedon
16-06-2017, 05:55 PM

What like `Kin Da , `Kin Ma, an aww that. byraway,Kin Bigman.

`Kin Ell !! We`ll no bother then , eh ?

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 06:16 PM

Fact.

Mason89
16-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Fact.

Just googled it. His mums called Marilyn which is disappointing. Sisters Karen, Kirsty, Kimberley & a boy called Kole

Pacman1903
16-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Just googled it. His mums called Marilyn which is disappointing. Sisters Karen, Kirsty, Kimberley & a boy called Kole

That is all kinds of moronic

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 06:50 PM

It's deepest darkest Ayrshire after all. That area is much worse than anywhere in Lanarkshire.

Mason89
16-06-2017, 06:53 PM
It's deepest darkest Ayrshire after all. That area is much worse than anywhere in Lanarkshire.

You ever driven through Patna? Looks like the setting of every Hammer horror film ever made.

Aldo1983
16-06-2017, 07:05 PM
You ever driven through Patna? Looks like the setting of every Hammer horror film ever made.

I work with a guy from that neck of the woods but he's a former fairmer. I thought Forth was bad and it makes Larkhall look like Disney.

ScottyBoyAfc
17-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Talks have taken place with Josh Meekings, could sign by early next week. Could sign a lot worse than him.

Papers also linking us with Stevie Naismith? Strange one

NewOrleansRed
17-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Talks have taken place with Josh Meekings, could sign by early next week. Could sign a lot worse than him.

Papers also linking us with Stevie Naismith? Strange one

Don't know enough about Meekings to be yay or nay but I will eat a cake made of shiit if Steven Naismith pulls on an Aberdeen shirt. That is indeed a very strange one. Sounds like tabloid nonsense. 💩🤤🎂

GGMDONS
17-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Papers indicating their could be 6 new signings before the players return on Monday week

Hopefully a central defender, central midfielder , 2 wingers, striker plus Malonney

My guess is we will only sign two or three, as we already have Tansey & Christie

standfreelee
17-06-2017, 07:24 AM
naismaith will be on about £40k per week...nae chance

GGMDONS
17-06-2017, 07:38 AM
[naismaith will be on about £40k per week...nae chance

my thoughts exactly, some papers just make up ****e & hope the fans fall for it.

DM since hes announced he's staying, I keep hearing the song " don't stop believing" we should adopt it , especially,as we need new songs now that Jonny Hayes & Peter Pawlett are both away.

Any other song suggestions

vinnydesalvo
17-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Please no Naismith - cant stand the wee runt. Meekings - okay. Would still take Draper for steeling up - though few here agree.

When will Stewart, May, Lindsay, Boyce and McGinn be announced?

Pacman1903
17-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Don't know enough about Meekings to be yay or nay but I will eat a cake made of shiit if Steven Naismith pulls on an Aberdeen shirt. That is indeed a very strange one. Sounds like tabloid nonsense. ������

Id eat your sick after eating the said cake if he came

GGMDONS
17-06-2017, 08:56 AM
I hope we go for someone better than Meekings but if we do sign him he will still get my support.

rico94
17-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Please no Naismith - cant stand the wee runt. Meekings - okay. Would still take Draper for steeling up - though few here agree.

When will Stewart, May, Lindsay, Boyce and McGinn be announced?

McGinn?

Which one?

Sheep On Fire
17-06-2017, 09:29 AM
I hope we go for someone better than Meekings but if we do sign him he will still get my support.
Don't know much about him but was surprised to see he is only 24 and has played over 150 games for ICT, he did get away with that hand ball against the pigs so that is a plus for him

lowrie68
17-06-2017, 09:44 AM

Mason89,
I think the Hammer Horror people knocked back Patna as they bumped into some of the local inbreds & thought that it was way to scary for the general public😋

lowrie68
17-06-2017, 09:47 AM
His mother would be classed as an anomaly if it wasn't for the fact that she's actually his sister, cousin & aunt which is the norm in old mining villages

RedStarTorphins
17-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Papers indicating their could be 6 new signings before the players return on Monday week

Hopefully a central defender, central midfielder , 2 wingers, striker plus Malonney

My guess is we will only sign two or three, as we already have Tansey & Christie

Where you reading this?

RedStarTorphins
17-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Milne on Sportsound saying DM back at club Tuesday and by the time the players are back in training (26th?) we should have some new signings in (next 7 days he said) but not necessarily all the signings will be made before pre season training.

InversneckieDob
17-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Milne on Sportsound saying DM back at club Tuesday and by the time the players are back in training (26th?) we should have some new signings in (next 7 days he said) but not necessarily all the signings will be made before pre season training.

I listened to a bit of Sportsound today.
Paul Lambert hates a name drop does he nae?

Jupiter
17-06-2017, 05:03 PM
I listened to a bit of Sportsound today.
Paul Lambert hates a name drop does he nae?

Let me guess, he kept going on about his time at Dortmund.

Getintaethem
17-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Let me guess, he kept going on about his time at Dortmund.

Paul Lambert played in Germany? :O

gudge1903
17-06-2017, 06:02 PM
peddling bull**** aboot huns being demoted. the boy sounds like he has a mental illness.

Aldo1983
17-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Lindsay knocked back Oxford. Milne could still bank nearly a million if we signed him.

RED_JOHN
17-06-2017, 06:37 PM
I have a feeling that our next bit of transfer dealing will be our biggest to date. The board together with McInnes will try to make a statement of intent due to a few players leaving.

Sheep On Fire
17-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Lindsay knocked back Oxford. Milne could still bank nearly a million if we signed him.

Promising Young centre back would be a good fit for us, I see Barnsley are now in for him

standfreelee
18-06-2017, 07:16 AM
be surprised if we didnt sign Lindsay

blowupsheep
19-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Stevie May,
is he fully recovered from injury? if so then I would be happy with him

PittodriePile
19-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Keeping an eye out over the next couple of days, fingers crossed for some exciting news!

medw1311
19-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Stevie May,

Returned from injury just before Christmas but hardly featured at all for Preston.

GlezgaRed
19-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Stevie May,

Yep, would be happy with May and I also see we're being linked with Julien De Sart from Middlesbrough (23 year old Belgian midfielder).

medw1311
19-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Yep, would be happy with May and I also see we're being linked with Julien De Sart from Middlesbrough (23 year old Belgian midfielder).

Hadn't seen the De Sart link myself, seems he spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at Derby. And imagine it would be a loan move to us as well.

TheRedRichard
19-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Maloney signed, and we're trying to get Sam Nicholson...

RedStarTorphins
19-06-2017, 11:33 AM

Don't rate Nicholson as any better than what Pawlett was.
I'd rather Scott Wright got a go instead of Nicholson.

And he'd cost a fee due to age, so rather we put a fee towards trying to secure Greg Stewart (albeit I appreciate wages are a big issue)

blowupsheep
19-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Source ?

Feck_the_Huns
19-06-2017, 11:51 AM
we're being linked with Julien De Sart from Middlesbrough (23 year old Belgian midfielder).

Lethal Weapon 2

Joe Pesci - "But, but, but....he's foreign"

TheRedRichard
19-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Source ?

Random guy on twitter :) Though we are trusting him since he got the inside info on McInnes 5 hours before it was made public.

afc1903mad
19-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Don't rate Nicholson as any better than what Pawlett was.
I'd rather Scott Wright got a go instead of Nicholson.

And he'd cost a fee due to age, so rather we put a fee towards trying to secure Greg Stewart (albeit I appreciate wages are a big issue)

The rumour has merit as DM tried to get Nicholson when Hearts were relegated.
It could be that a similar issue to John McGinn is ensuing where the team was likely to get £0 development fee if he went to the MLS, so the club accepted a lower than development fee offer to sell to another Scottish club

RedStarTorphins
19-06-2017, 05:06 PM
The rumour has merit as DM tried to get Nicholson when Hearts were relegated.
It could be that a similar issue to John McGinn is ensuing where the team was likely to get £0 development fee if he went to the MLS, so the club accepted a lower than development fee offer to sell to another Scottish club

I'd rather Jordan Jones, who was on loan at Killie, was looked at.

Sheep On Fire
19-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Random guy on twitter :) Though we are trusting him since he got the inside info on McInnes 5 hours before it was made public.

Same guy is saying deal for Stevie May is close

TheRedRichard
19-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Same guy is saying deal for Stevie May is close

Yup!

It would be funny to have May and Christie in the same team - two players we hated originally.

May and Rooney could be an interesting pairing up front.

Mek
19-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Maybe a change of formation is being looked at as well? 2 up front?

ByeByeScum2012
19-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Yup!

It would be funny to have May and Christie in the same team - two players we hated originally.

Don't think we ever hated May to be honest. The chant was banter as he was built up as St J's big threat before the LC semi. Fair came back to bite us at Ibrox.

He'd be welcomed here with both arms wide open as far as I'm concerned.

NewOrleansRed
20-06-2017, 12:36 AM
Yup!

I dare say a formation adjustment is on the cards. Replacing both McGinn and Hayes with players that can consistently provide assists for a lone striker is obviously tricky. They don't grow on trees. And we've seen how toothless Rooney, who has been great for us, becomes when he's isolated from service. A foil up front in a pairing with Maloney and Christie tucked in sounds very interesting. I think May is a quality player and would be very welcome here.

standfreelee
20-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Don't think we ever hated May to be honest. The chant was banter as he was built up as St J's big threat before the LC semi. Fair came back to bite us at Ibrox.

same here. may and maloney would be very welcome. bring it on 😀

vinnydesalvo
20-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Followed up quickly with Stewart and Lindsay - would certainly allow a bit of patience for the centre midfield and left-back.

neilthedon
20-06-2017, 07:25 AM

Aye, it was. will confuse the feck out of opposition crowds when we start chanting that same ditty "in support" of him !

RedStarTorphins
20-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Followed up quickly with Stewart and Lindsay - would certainly allow a bit of patience for the centre midfield and left-back.

I don't think we'll sign another centre midfielder or a left back
DM likes Considine at LB, and prefers Shinnie in centre midfield getting in the face of the opposition
We have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play in the "2" of a 4-2-3-1 if DM sticks with that formation.

I think we'll sign;

- a striker and offload Storey
- a centre half (personally I'd try for 2, but unlikely)
- 2 wide players (whether DM will regard the likes of Maloney as a wide player who knows)
We definitely need one out and out winger such as a Greg Stewart.

rico94
20-06-2017, 07:38 AM
According to various sources, Preston have told us to up our offer for May,they want 400k for him.

RedStarTorphins
20-06-2017, 07:50 AM
According to various sources, Preston have told us to up our offer for May,they want 400k for him.

IF, and I stress if we're prepared to pay £400k, or maybe more likely a compromise of £350k for May, would you rather;

- Pay £350k to£400k for a player with knees that are extremely suspect, or;
- Pay a wee bit more (£500k) for Liam Boyce or Louis Moult?

neilthedon
20-06-2017, 08:10 AM
IF, and I stress if we're prepared to pay £400k, or maybe more likely a compromise of £350k for May, would you rather;

Depends how much we want him doesn`t it ?

Probably offer the £250k , wth further payments if he plays a buch of games for us.

On the other side of it, maybe they are happy with the £250k as a selling price, but are asking for the further £150k to settle up his contract ?
If so, he could write that off IF he wants to come here badly enough.

All these figures flying around. Tip of the Iceberg !!

standfreelee
20-06-2017, 08:15 AM

aye, good point. nice options to have though...if they are there! mcinnes seems to have been after may for a good while though

blowupsheep
20-06-2017, 08:38 AM

Rico I thought you were going away to burst into a Weather Girls song ;D

And that various sources would all be from social media :O
Thankful DM and TD are back to work today we might actually start to see some movement in the next few days and then will find out what rumors (if any) actually come to fruition. Hoping the rumors of Maloney and May are proved to be correct, and also Lindsay. Not fussed one way or the other on Greg Stewart and dont know anything about the Belgian lad from Boro.

In Deek we trust

COYR
Stand Free!!!

rico94
20-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Rico I thought you were going away to burst into a Weather Girls song ;D

And that various sources would all be from social media :O
Thankful DM and TD are back to work today we might actually start to see some movement in the next few days and then will find out what rumors (if any) actually come to fruition. Hoping the rumors of Maloney and May are proved to be correct, and also Lindsay. Not fussed one way or the other on Greg Stewart and dont know anything about the Belgian lad from Boro.

In Deek we trust

COYR
Stand Free!!!

Of course they are from social media, pretty much like where everyone else gets their rumors from, Where do you get yours from? straight from Derek McInnes XD

blowupsheep
20-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Of course they are from social media, pretty much like where everyone else gets their rumors from, Where do you get yours from? straight from Derek McInnes XD

Make them up, same as ahbody else pal :D

rico94
20-06-2017, 09:02 AM

Good question,first off I would be impressed if we paid 400 - 500k for a player, when was the last time we did that, Zeroaulli or Stavrum maybe?

I like May but would rather pay a bit more for Boyce or Moult as he had that bad injury so he might not be the player he once was.But if we sign May I would be happy enough.

GlezgaRed
20-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Liam Boyce would be a steal at £500k, i've said it before and i'll say it again that he should be our No.1 signing target.

Stavrum
20-06-2017, 10:21 AM
I don't think we'll sign another centre midfielder or a left back
DM likes Considine at LB, and prefers Shinnie in centre midfield getting in the face of the opposition
We have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play in the "2" of a 4-2-3-1 if DM sticks with that formation.

I think we'll sign;

- a striker and offload Storey
- a centre half (personally I'd try for 2, but unlikely)
- 2 wide players (whether DM will regard the likes of Maloney as a wide player who knows)
We definitely need one out and out winger such as a Greg Stewart.

I think I'm right in saying that May has also played a lot of times wide, cutting inside. It could very well be that May is coming in to play wide.

Obviously won't know until all signings are in place and the season starts, but I would be very surprised if we see a wholesale change in formation

Tansey, Christie, Maloney, May (if last 2 come off) would be a great start yo the summer in my view. A dominant center half would be the next key player on my list

Also, McGinn still looking, maybe a chance he will stay?

blowupsheep
20-06-2017, 10:33 AM
I think I'm right in saying that May has also played a lot of times wide, cutting inside. It could very well be that May is coming in to play wide.

Obviously won't know until all signings are in place and the season starts, but I would be very surprised if we see a wholesale change in formation

Tansey, Christie, Maloney, May (if last 2 come off) would be a great start yo the summer in my view. A dominant center half would be the next key player on my list

Must admit I was thinking about the McGinn situation as well, sh1t loads of various rumors flying around about sh1t loads of players and not just associated with the dons, but never one single rumor about McGinn, would love to see him have a "u-turn" and sign back on again, guess to be honest it's highly unlikely to happen but would be great....

COYR

DJR1979
20-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Also, McGinn still looking, maybe a chance he will stay?[/QUOTE]

I hear Mr Fyvie tried to do a U-turn on turning down his Hibs contract and got told to beat it!

I'm not suggesting that would happen to McGinn, but it would a bit cocky to expect the same deal after turning it down in the hope of greener grass else where.

Stavrum
20-06-2017, 10:45 AM

I hear Mr Fyvie tried to do a U-turn on turning down his Hibs contract and got told to beat it!

I'm not suggesting that would happen to McGinn, but it would a bit cocky to expect the same deal after turning it down in the hope of greener grass else where.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that, but there is also the case of cutting your nose of to spite your face.

If DM feels he has replaced mcginn, then he should have no route back if he did a U turn. But, if DM hasn't (and I don't think we have) and mcginn wanted to come back, then we should welcome him back with open arms. The level of goals and assists that mcginn provides is not easily or cheaply replaced

InversneckieDob
20-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Yup!

Christie I hated when he was at Inverness, thought he was a narky little bawbag, I remember him giving it the big 'un in front of our dugout in Inverness one time after scoring.
Now he's our narky little bawbag, he's fine!
May there was never an issue with.
As I recall "that" chant at Aidscastle was down to his fizog never being out of the papers the week of the game.
It was May himself who said something about Dons fans nae liking him in light of that, but I've never been aware of any proper antipathy.

macattack
20-06-2017, 11:20 AM

i would break the bank and go for Boyce for £500k proven goalscorer & a Fellow Irishman to keep Rooney company :D

vinnydesalvo
20-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Aye - Boycie and Rooooney on either wing supporting super Jay would be michty fine.

Would give Fyvie a 1 year deal though understand most here wouldn't. Provides cheap cover for the midfield and lad gets a chance to atone and fulfil his undoubted early potential. Don't see McInnes turning to Storie. Injury and suspension will leave us light in central midfield - allows manager to concentrate on the flair signings. Or we could just deal in Ross Draper...

RedStarTorphins
20-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Looks like Lindsay is off to Barnsley - £350k

What folk have to remember too, is that Lindsay is left sided.
We have Reynolds (& Considine for left centre half)

We need to replace Taylor for right side centre half if we want balance.

kigoretrout
20-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Aye - Boycie and Rooooney on either wing supporting super Jay would be michty fine.

Would give Fyvie a 1 year deal though understand most here wouldn't. Provides cheap cover for the midfield and lad gets a chance to atone and fulfil his undoubted early potential. Don't see McInnes turning to Storie. Injury and suspension will leave us light in central midfield - allows manager to concentrate on the flair signings. Or we could just deal in Ross Draper...

Am I missing your sarcasm or have you just been drinking ?

sallan2000
20-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Thats Boyce away to Burton Albion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40346309

andoplzcumbak
20-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Thats Boyce away to Burton Albion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40346309

Sad times when Scottish SPFL clubs can't compete with village pub teams like Burton f*cking Albion on the wages front!

sallan2000
20-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Sad times when Scottish SPFL clubs can't compete with village pub teams like Burton f*cking Albion on the wages front!

Yup, 500k is small potatoes for teams in the Championship but I have no idea the last time we spent anywhere near that...

NewOrleansRed
21-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Yup, 500k is small potatoes for teams in the Championship but I have no idea the last time we spent anywhere near that...

Lindsay off to Barnsley
Boyce off to Burton
Maloney re signing with Hull
Preston holding on to Stevie May.
Stewart being priced out by Redknapp

It's all going a bit Pete Tong.

Hope McInnes has a plan C and D.

RedStarTorphins
21-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Lindsay off to Barnsley
Boyce off to Burton
Maloney re signing with Hull
Preston holding on to Stevie May.
Stewart being priced out by Redknapp

It's all going a bit Pete Tong.

Hope McInnes has a plan C and D.

Aye, not going well & all disappointingly very quiet.
Albeit I do think Maloney & May would be huge gambles given their injury records.

87kilos
21-06-2017, 06:02 AM
All the above is just paper talk plus Derek McInnes has never revealed that these guys are targets, so everything is purely speculation at this time.

misterdon
21-06-2017, 06:45 AM
All the above is just paper talk plus Derek McInnes has never revealed that these guys are targets, so everything is purely speculation at this time.

Aye, what he said! If there is one thing we have learned it's that DM plays his 'transfer' cards close to his chest... I am sure we will get players in before pre-season, and it wound't surprise me in the slightest if the P&J (and let's face it, that's where the weegie get their stories - like they can be arsed researching Aberdeen!) didn't have a sniff of a story before they signed...

COYR!

Pacman1903
21-06-2017, 07:03 AM

Thats guffball for you.

Pacman1903
21-06-2017, 07:04 AM
Ross County will struggle without Boyce

blowupsheep
21-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Thats guffball for you.

I agree with that pac, but what I have a hard time understanding is for example the average home attendance for Burton fkn Albion is in the region of 6K, yes only 6 fkn K
Ok they will have a few decent sized away gates, but holy sh!t ........

It is clear that Boyce has only done this move for the cash and fk all else, there is certainly no sign of any "ambition" ffs

Not too fussed that we did not sign him, but this move clearly shows how far behind Scottish football has fallen financially with the exception of timothy.:mad::mad:

RedStarTorphins
21-06-2017, 07:19 AM
I agree with that pac, but what I have a hard time understanding is for example the average home attendance for Burton fkn Albion is in the region of 6K, yes only 6 fkn K

It is clear that Boyce has only done this move for the cash and fk all else, there is certainly no sign of any "ambition" ffs

Not too fussed that we did not sign him, but this move clearly shows how far behind Scottish football has fallen financially with the exception of timothy.:mad::mad:

Too similar to Rooney in playing style?

Bridieeater
21-06-2017, 07:26 AM

I suppose it is the way you look at it. In my opinion you probably have 10-15 Aberdeen-like quality teams one or two better and a few poorer so i guess it would be a step up as there would be more better teams in the championship. The finances are massive in England as we all know but it's artificial. Yes we are behind in terms of finances however why try and compete with that? We'd need an equally ridiculous tv contract in the top flight and is that something we really want? It would have been good to get Boyce, he's a proven goalscorer at SPL level however he wants to prove himself in the Championship against more better sides than Scotland and for more cash. Who can argue with that? I wonder if McGinn will end up there too?

Feck_the_Huns
21-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Louis Moult now then, is it?

Drappin' like fleas, min!

blowupsheep
21-06-2017, 07:54 AM
I suppose it is the way you look at it. In my opinion you probably have 10-15 Aberdeen-like quality teams one or two better and a few poorer so i guess it would be a step up as there would be more better teams in the championship. The finances are massive in England as we all know but it's artificial. Yes we are behind in terms of finances however why try and compete with that? We'd need an equally ridiculous tv contract in the top flight and is that something we really want? It would have been good to get Boyce, he's a proven goalscorer at SPL level however he wants to prove himself in the Championship against more better sides than Scotland and for more cash. Who can argue with that? I wonder if McGinn will end up there too?

but cmon tae fk Burton fkn Albion ffs :mad::mad:
Fair Play to Anthony O'Connor as he must have at least looked to the Dons as a step up in his career, and for once it was not all about the dosh.

redstarfk
21-06-2017, 08:08 AM

That's pretty much what loads of folk on here said about Ryan Fraser going to Bournemouth

medw1311
21-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Seems that we offered the same £500k for Boyce but couldn't match the wages offered by Burton.

Pacman1903
21-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Maybe he likes beer

blowupsheep
21-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Maybe he likes beer

He's missed this years festival, but will be in plenty time for next years one ;D

https://whatpub.com/pubs/BOT/3261/39th-burton-beer-cider-festival-2018-burton-upon-trent

KIWIRED
21-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Boyce, cannot say I am bothered.

We all know Aberdeen dont reveal signings until its all done and dusted

Perhaps we couldnt match the wages but really, does the guy have any ambition

No disrespect to Burton, but they will never play in Europe or in an English cup final.

RedStarTorphins
21-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Boyce, cannot say I am bothered.

We all know Aberdeen dont reveal signings until its all done and dusted

Perhaps we couldnt match the wages but really, does the guy have any ambition

No disrespect to Burton, but they will never play in Europe or in an English cup final.

People knock the "ambition" but they'll pay £8kpw for 3 years as opposed to say £3kpw?
That's £750k over 3 years
I call it looking after yourself and feathering your nest for retirement.
Is that really worth giving up for 4 games (maybe) in the preliminary rounds of Europe in the a*se end of nowhere, and the occasional cup final?

rico94
21-06-2017, 09:11 AM
I think at least one person has said there are not bothered about signing one of the players that have been linked with us.

Personally I would rather sign a Boyce,Maloney, May or GMS who have proven at one time they are good enough to play at our level than someone we have never heard of before from the lower leagues of England .Because there is more chance you are going to end up with an Ash Taylor or Calvin Zola than there is of getting a Shay Logan or Joe Lewis type player.

RedStarTorphins
21-06-2017, 09:17 AM
I think at least one person has said there are not bothered about signing one of the players that have been linked with us.

Personally I would rather sign a Boyce,Maloney, May or GMS who have proven at one time they are good enough to play at our level than someone we have never heard of before from the lower leagues of England .Because there is more chance you are going to end up with an Ash Taylor or Calvin Zola than there is of getting a Shay Logan or Joe Lewis type player.

It might've been me that said they weren't bothered about signing either of May or Maloney.
But that was purely down to one factor - injury records
Ability wise, no question, just injury records suggest they'll spend too much time in the stand.

I'd say priority is;
1) wide players x 2
2) centre half for first team (ideally 2 but very unlikely)
3) centre forward

Stavrum
21-06-2017, 09:19 AM
I think we forget that this is a job to these guys. And it tends to be a short career. Playing in cup finals is nice (if you get to them) but it doesn't pay your mortgage.

In terms of ambition, he maybe backs himself to go down there, score goals and get a bigger club with a chance at the EPL.

I think it is unfair yo judge a guy for lack if ambition when we know nothing about him or his circumstances

Stavrum
21-06-2017, 09:20 AM
People knock the "ambition" but they'll pay £8kpw for 3 years as opposed to say £3kpw?
Is that really worth giving up for 4 games (maybe) in the preliminary rounds of Europe in the a*se end of nowhere, and the occasional cup final?

Spot on. Said it better than I did

rico94
21-06-2017, 09:39 AM
It might've been me that said they weren't bothered about signing either of May or Maloney.
But that was purely down to one factor - injury records
Ability wise, no question, just injury records suggest they'll spend too much time in the stand.

I'd say priority is;
1) wide players x 2
2) centre half for first team (ideally 2 but very unlikely)
3) centre forward

Not just those 2, at least one person has said they weren't bothered about signing either Stewart, Boyce or GMS.

I see your point about Maloney and Mays injury records, to me if Maloney signed he is never going to play more than 20 -25 games but that might work as it would give Wright more game time. May would be a gamble with his knee injury but if he is over it and is the same player he was at St Johnstone he would be a great signing.

Personally I would still be happy if we signed those guys, yes its a gamble with their injury record but so is signing some guy from England who has never played up here and he ends up being shyte.

standfreelee
21-06-2017, 10:10 AM
chris maguire... out of contract in july. 13 goals in league one, 28 years old...surprisingly not been linked yet...fit yous think? could probably do a job

macattack
21-06-2017, 10:46 AM
chris maguire... out of contract in july. 13 goals in league one, 28 years old...surprisingly not been linked yet...fit yous think? could probably do a job

:O bring back an old boy , Aye why not :)

medw1311
21-06-2017, 11:48 AM

Fyvie is available too ;)

sallan2000
21-06-2017, 12:41 PM

I can see the headline now....

Bebo is back!

macattack
21-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Fyvie is available too ;)

haha bring them both back along with Zander & Grimmer XD

BorneoRed
21-06-2017, 02:48 PM

I quite agree with you, Its a short career. So, lets all applaud Ryan Jack for that very purpose.

kigoretrout
21-06-2017, 03:25 PM

Saw him in one of the televised FA cup games. Looked ok. We could make worse signings. Although I've had a premonition that McGinn will sign up again !

Pacman1903
21-06-2017, 03:34 PM
He's missed this years festival, but will be in plenty time for next years one ;D

https://whatpub.com/pubs/BOT/3261/39th-burton-beer-cider-festival-2018-burton-upon-trent

I had a lovely Bramble Ale (Burton Bridge Brewery) when i was doon that neck of the woods last week.

rico94
21-06-2017, 05:33 PM
A few Dons fans are getting excited on twitter because Stevie May has just tweeted his new football boots for next season,they are red and white.

As if that means feck all XD

Baggios_Ponytail
21-06-2017, 06:08 PM
The silence is deafening today from the usual AFC twitter "insiders" who were adamant Maloney was signing and "many" others to follow.....they won't admit being wrang tho #neverwrang #blamethesources

Sheep On Fire
21-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Pretty disappointed that we have nobody signed as yet, same old season ticket selling bull

87kilos
21-06-2017, 08:39 PM
I have confidence in the management. Signings will come in good time. Better to get the right players in at the right price. McInnes and Doc always conduct their business quietly unlike other clubs.

RED_JOHN
21-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Pretty disappointed that we have nobody signed as yet, same old season ticket selling bull

It's the Aberdeen way of recent transfer windows... The press do the talking, the fans do a bit believing and Aberdeen fc do less than expected!
We will need to wait and see but I genuinely wouldn't get too excited.

RedStarTorphins
21-06-2017, 10:49 PM
It's the Aberdeen way of recent transfer windows... The press do the talking, the fans do a bit believing and Aberdeen fc do less than expected!
We will need to wait and see but I genuinely wouldn't get too excited.

Milne was quoted directly as saying he'd "be surprised & disappointed" if we didn't have some of our targets signed this week.
We're now at Thursday with no hint of a scarf above the head photo....

Empty promises ?........ again.

KIWIRED
22-06-2017, 03:14 AM
Milne was quoted directly as saying he'd "be surprised & disappointed" if we didn't have some of our targets signed this week.

Good things come to those who wait. Due diligence currently being undertaken

NewOrleansRed
22-06-2017, 06:28 AM

Can't blame the club here I don't think. They're trying. You've got Michael O'Neil in the Daily Ranger saying he told Boyce to forget Aberdeen and take Burton for footballing reasons after our offer was accepted, then a whole separate article with Boyce saying exactly the same thing. No-mark English pretend teams have the bunce. Sad fact of life. 5 Dave Cormacks could have arrived and we'd still be pihshing around in the bargain bin cause Madeupchester Stanley are in a relegation dogfight in the championship and throwing around silly money. Maloney will take home a fair wedge for saying no to us and Boyce, who will never play European football again should he remain in footbal equivalent of the EPL Losers Support Group, will take home a wedge and can fall on the 'football reasons' argument as he'll meet a higher standard of player week in week out. There's only a handful of comparable sides in Scottish football. If ANY championship team sniffs around one of our targets we're proper fvcked. We can't even get a centre half from Patrick!

And Michael O'Neil and the Daily Bigot can get right teh fvck.

TheRedRichard
22-06-2017, 06:56 AM
Random story linking us with George Williams of Fulham, 21 year old winger with 7 Welsh caps.

87kilos
22-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Were Aberdeen even interested in Liam Lindsay?

Boyce has chosen the English money route, that's life but he's another who will more than likely sacrifice his career for cash. Still only paper talk that we were ever interested.

As for O'Neill sticking his beak in he can STFU.

DJR1979
22-06-2017, 07:29 AM

Boyce has chosen the English money route, that's life but he's another who will more than likely sacrifice his career for cash. Still only paper talk that we were ever interested.

He'll be back in Scotland before long on a loan deal after failing to make any impact. I'd say Killie or Inverness, he'll be a few pounds heavier and a bit slower.

Pacman1903
22-06-2017, 07:40 AM
He'll be back in Scotland before long on a loan deal after failing to make any impact. I'd say Killie or Inverness, he'll be a few pounds heavier and a bit slower.

But richer

afc1903mad
22-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Like it or not, he will get a bigger challenge and test himself more in the Championship than he will remaining in the SPFL.

Hes not sacrificing his career for cash, hes challenging himself more whilst as a bonus, getting more money.

Its maybe not nice to hear, but its the truth.

87kilos
22-06-2017, 07:53 AM
But richer

Very true. It'll be a five bedroom and not a four bedroom house he'll be looking at when he returns.

����

afc1903mad
22-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Random story linking us with George Williams of Fulham, 21 year old winger with 7 Welsh caps.

Worthy of more discussion.
I see this is reported in the Sun as a loan move to directly replace Hayes
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1180033/aberdeen-george-williams-fulham-loan-jonny-hayes/

If true and we use Wright to replace McGinn, is this a signal that the likes of Stewart is unlikely to materialise?
Maybe the allocated funds are going towards May instead.

Pacman1903
22-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Worthy of more discussion.
I see this is reported in the Sun as a loan move to directly replace Hayes
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1180033/aberdeen-george-williams-fulham-loan-jonny-hayes/

If true and we use Wright to replace McGinn, is this a signal that the likes of Stewart is unlikely to materialise?
Maybe the allocated funds are going towards May instead.

Excellent we get a bit of cash and we still go for loan players (if true)

GGMDONS
22-06-2017, 08:17 AM
its in the press that stewart deal is back on however I hope this means we also still try & get May.

we also urgently need a centrehalf.

Mcginn may be stayin, as no offers so far from England, no wander after his cupfinal performance

afc1903mad
22-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Excellent we get a bit of cash and we still go for loan players (if true)

However if the cash is used towards May and Stewart, what would be so wrong with adding further depth via a loan?

rico94
22-06-2017, 08:33 AM
its in the press that stewart deal is back on however I hope this means we also still try & get May.

we also urgently need a centrehalf.

Mcginn may be stayin, as no offers so far from England, no wander after his cupfinal performance

Didn't he set up Hayes goal?

Aldo1983
22-06-2017, 08:33 AM

If that's the case then why were we ever interested in him? We shouldn't be looking at players who definitely can't make it down South.

Pacman1903
22-06-2017, 08:35 AM
However if the cash is used towards May and Stewart, what would be so wrong with adding further depth via a loan?

ifs and buts, what if we dinna go for them

blowupsheep
22-06-2017, 08:44 AM
ifs and buts, what if we dinna go for them

If my granny had balls she would have been my grandad........ ifs and buts

Pacman1903
22-06-2017, 08:51 AM
If my granny had balls she would have been my grandad........ ifs and buts

Exactly

andoplzcumbak
22-06-2017, 09:11 AM
On Michael O'Neil sticking his bit in, Martin O'Neil did the same with Hayes, going on at him to join Celtic!

Cvnts!

rico94
22-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Aside from Gareth Bale and Ramsey its not that hard to get capped for Wales as they don't have many players.

Would be as good as Burns or Maddison imo and we need to replace Hayes and McGinn with better quality than someone that cant get a game for Fulham.

blowupsheep
22-06-2017, 09:27 AM
we need to replace Hayes and McGinn with better quality than someone that cant get a game for Fulham.

Nail on the heed Rico, i still have this lingering thought / hope that McGinn does a U-turn and signs up, I must admit to finding it strange that he is not as of yet been openly linked with any club at all..... One could say the same about big Ash not being linked with any club, but that I can understand ;D

DonVincenzo (The II)
22-06-2017, 09:38 AM
that report must be garbage..has to be!

He has made a total of 37 appearances in his entire career and scored 1 goal.
Hayes and McGinn played more that 37 last season alone

87kilos
22-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Nail on the heed Rico, i still have this lingering thought / hope that McGinn does a U-turn and signs up, I must admit to finding it strange that he is not as of yet been openly linked with any club at all..... One could say the same about big Ash not being linked with any club, but that I can understand ;D

I'm of the opinion that we've had the best out of McGinn. Personally I believe he's lost a bit of pace, he drifts in and out of games, is pretty ineffective in physical games. To be perfectly honest I thought he was the worst (least effective - probably a better description) player in red during the Scottish Cup final.

He's made his bed, let him lie in it. His wages can be used more effectively elsewhere hopefully.

afc1903mad
22-06-2017, 10:00 AM
we need to replace Hayes and McGinn with better quality than someone that cant get a game for Fulham.

Patrick Roberts only played 19 games for Fulham, George Williams played 17 games for Fulham before going out on loan ;)
Not that I am comparing and certainly looks like he has not featured as much for MK Dons and Gillingham, but looks like an option for depth of squad

afc1903mad
22-06-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm of the opinion that we've had the best out of McGinn. Personally I believe he's lost a bit of pace, he drifts in and out of games, is pretty ineffective in physical games. To be perfectly honest I thought he was the worst (least effective - probably a better description) player in red during the Scottish Cup final.

He's made his bed, let him lie in it. His wages can be used more effectively elsewhere hopefully.

I agree.
McGinn can be inconsistent and we should let Wright get more game time, where at 19, he's also likely to be inconsistent, but would aid his development as well additional pace to the team as compared to McGinn

rico94
22-06-2017, 11:14 AM

He provided the assist for Hayes goal which is a lot more than some did in the final.

Talking of pace the POTY had lead boots on for their last minute goal.Personally I wouldn't have been critical of any of the players in the final but if you are going to single out a player I would go for the POTY.

Don_Corleone
22-06-2017, 11:27 AM
McGinn making a U-turn and opting to stay would be great news as we're going to struggle to replace him with someone of similar quality. I get that he's getting a bit older and doesn't have the same pace - but splitting game time between him and Wright would be good for both of them - to expect Wright to come in and do the business every week is asking a lot of a 19 year old, he's bound to be inconsistent.

Looks like a lot of the "obvious" transfer targets aren't going to materialise - but that's the same every year. McInnes will have a list of players he feels could improve the team and he will get some of them in. There will be some squad fillers no doubt and maybe 1 other loanee who will be a hit or miss, but I'd still expect at least 2 players coming in who will go straight into the first 11 and I would think we'll pay a transfer fee for at least 1 of them.

What position does Tony Andreu play? He did well at Hamilton and again at Dundee Utd on loan, but doesn't seem to feature for Norwich.

andoplzcumbak
22-06-2017, 11:38 AM
We must be quite an attractive option for bigger teams to loan to just now after the successes of Ward, Christie, Madison..

I'm more than happy with year loans, not so with 6 month though as it can disrupt the team midway through the season.

I'll be happy if the club pulls another good loaner youngster from a top Murdochship side.

I'm confident the management will have a few players in by time the eufa cup starts. I like the quiet way DM goes about his transfer business.

RedStarTorphins
22-06-2017, 12:00 PM
McGinn making a U-turn and opting to stay would be great news as we're going to struggle to replace him with someone of similar quality. I get that he's getting a bit older and doesn't have the same pace - but splitting game time between him and Wright would be good for both of them - to expect Wright to come in and do the business every week is asking a lot of a 19 year old, he's bound to be inconsistent.

Looks like a lot of the "obvious" transfer targets aren't going to materialise - but that's the same every year. McInnes will have a list of players he feels could improve the team and he will get some of them in. There will be some squad fillers no doubt and maybe 1 other loanee who will be a hit or miss, but I'd still expect at least 2 players coming in who will go straight into the first 11 and I would think we'll pay a transfer fee for at least 1 of them.

What position does Tony Andreu play? He did well at Hamilton and again at Dundee Utd on loan, but doesn't seem to feature for Norwich.

Andreu plays as a "10" - we have Christie & McLean for that role.