PDA

View Full Version : Signing number 1

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
02-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Is Hadi Sacko

Good potential, bags of pace, if our new head coach can improve his decision making then we've just signed a good player imo

Onwards and upwards now

MOT!!!

Silentman
02-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Could go either way this one, likely to depend very much on who the next head coach is.

Billyni
02-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Could go either way this one, likely to depend very much on who the next head coach is.

Nah. Its done and dusted this one. 3 year deal.

SouthgateWhite
02-06-2017, 11:13 PM
To me this points towards Pep being appointed as Head coach. Unless it's purely down to the new DOF.

WTF11
03-06-2017, 08:14 AM
We pay £1.5, perhaps with more to shell out on sell-on basis, for this "diamond in the rough" (being very generous), and Norwich get Watkins for nothing.

Yeah, our new Director of Football and his scouting/acquisition talents are very much on display i.e sit back and re-sign players from last season irrespective of contribution just so you get an easy life. Useless

Blackspaven
25-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Wondering what Clive's take on Hadi is now... and a wonderfully prophetic post by WTF. ;)

WTF11
25-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Wondering what Clive's take on Hadi is now... and a wonderfully prophetic post by WTF. ;)

One swallow (goal) doth not a summer (or player) make.

t_bird7982
26-09-2017, 02:40 AM
One swallow (goal) doth not a summer (or player) make.

You also conveniently took a sly dig at our new Director of Football and his scouting/acquisition talents at the same time. Another one of your well thought out and reasoned opinion based on your huge basket of knowledge and past experience? Perhaps our Director of Football is not as "useless" as you proclaimed him to be?

WTF11
26-09-2017, 07:10 AM
You also conveniently took a sly dig at our new Director of Football and his scouting/acquisition talents at the same time. Another one of your well thought out and reasoned opinion based on your huge basket of knowledge and past experience? Perhaps our Director of Football is not as "useless" as you proclaimed him to be?

And if you care to look at more recent posts you'll se I have congratulated Saiz, Alioski, and Lassogga, but then again it's easier to trot out the same criticisms of me than look a bit harder at Wiedwald, Anita etc, who are less clear cut successes (to say the least).

And I still say the arrangement with Cultural is more to do with generating profit for Orta and others than a long-term route for new 1st team players.

Like I said, one goal is not enough to counter the host of issues Sacko has, but he could prove me (and a few others) wrong, we will see.

BenidormBlanco
26-09-2017, 07:48 AM
No grounding in fact there WTF. I pass the Huesca stadium regular on my way to work, its a dusty sh@thole in the middle of ****in nowhere, completely off the footballing radar, be thankful we seem to have a good scouting team which unearths little gems like Saiz.

WTF11
26-09-2017, 07:59 AM
No grounding in fact there WTF. I pass the Huesca stadium regular on my way to work, its a dusty sh@thole in the middle of ****in nowhere, completely off the footballing radar, be thankful we seem to have a good scouting team which unearths little gems like Saiz.

So if its a dusty sh1thole in the middle of nowhere, why is our club investing in players (salary paid for by Leeds United), who are being dumped in such a backwater?

You can't have it both ways, either we are spending to develop, (in which case why dump them in said sh1thole), or buying a bunch of no-hopers and pocketing fees for doing so?

As for Saiz and others, yes I'm glad he's performing, why wouldn't I be, same for Alioski and Lasogga, but there are serious questions about Anita, more about Wiedwald and Sacko.

BenidormBlanco
26-09-2017, 11:25 AM
ffs, Saiz was picked up in Huesca, a dusty sh*thole in the middle of nowhere, Leonesa cultural where we are "investing" is hundreds of miles away. Don't you know anything about the club you support, or do you just make sh*t up to suit your dodgy arguments?

Rev72
26-09-2017, 11:31 AM
WTF in getting it 'wrong' shocker...

jimmybn
26-09-2017, 11:34 AM

Loving this - seems the forum now has consensus that WTF trots out utter bollox on a daily basis . Perfect example here - trolling the director of football after just the first signing.

Examples aplenty if one could be can be bothered to look.

On the Sacko issue itself, I was quite surprised to see him put the shirt on again after his woeful displays early in fixtures . There is raw talent there but a degree of consistency is needed. Think most TRUE Leeds fans can see that plain enough.

Not everything is as black and white as our resident troll would simply put it (always black for him usually unless he's being forced to eat yet more humble pie)

BenidormBlanco
26-09-2017, 11:56 AM
think Sacko is where he belongs, behind our other wingers in the pecking order, cant fault the lad the other night though, put a good shift in on that occasion. Its what we need, fierce competition for places, keeps em all on their toes, we could bring in a few more "dodgy spics" in january, or just ask WTF who to buy to keep the squad on their toes XD

WTF11
26-09-2017, 12:19 PM
ffs, Saiz was picked up in Huesca, a dusty sh*thole in the middle of nowhere, Leonesa cultural where we are "investing" is hundreds of miles away. Don't you know anything about the club you support, or do you just make sh*t up to suit your dodgy arguments?

Not being fortunate enough to benefit from the Spanish sun, I bow to your wisdom on the sh1tholes or where they might be. To compare scouting someone like Saiz with hoovering up relatively large quantities of U18-U21 players and shipping them out to a "sh1thole" in order to "develop" them, whilst paying their salaries from the proceeds of gate receipts etc at ER is a bit of a stretch.

I don't need to know where these places are to determine that scouting a player and the other "thing" are very different propositions. (and lets not forget that Saiz played with Real & Atletico before Huesca.

And as for the wonderfully presumptious post (#14) from Jimmy (content of which is hardly surprising), it's nice to know that all you girls now have a spokesman, congratulations. Jimmy, come on, don't be lazy, you get that brown nose to the grindstone and look up some examples of my "trotting out utter bollox" (not sure how I can be "trolling the director of football" (indeed, not having mentioned his name), when Sacko arrived at ER some time before Orta, loanee or not?).

Note, for the record, I have never suggested we should or should not employ "spics", dodgy or otherwise (and you probably know the term usually refers to "a Spanish-speaking person from Central or South America or the Caribbean, especially Mexican", not natives of Spain, ok pumpkin?)

BenidormBlanco
26-09-2017, 12:42 PM
B o l l o x

and "spic" is an abbreviation of Hispanic, which broadly refers to the people, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain. Again showing what little grasp of any subject you have ...."Caribbean" lol ffs!

pumpkin.

what a c*nt.

WTF11
26-09-2017, 12:50 PM
B o l l o x

and "spic" is an abbreviation of Hispanic, which broadly refers to the people, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain. Again showing what little grasp of any subject you have ...."Caribbean" lol ffs!

pumpkin.

what a c*nt.

Read and digest, pumpkin

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/03/03/388705810/spic-o-rama-where-spic-comes-from-and-where-its-going

Where the reference comes from is irrelevant, as are most of the replies to my posts, as it's usually easier to throw insults at me than answer the footballing issues I raise.

Fact remains, scouting a little known player as potential for the Leeds 1st team is a huge step away from farming out a bunch of youngsters to the "sh1thole" (your word remember) that is Leonesca and paying for their salaries from the proceeds of Leeds supporters ticket sales etc.

BenidormBlanco
26-09-2017, 12:53 PM
NO I said huesca is a sh*thole, ffs you are hard work. Perhaps a little retarded? if so, im sorry for my lack of patience.

WTF11
26-09-2017, 01:02 PM
NO I said huesca is a sh*thole, ffs you are hard work. Perhaps a little retarded? if so, im sorry for my lack of patience.

You most certainly did, getting my spanish sh1tholes mixed up, apologies, (although I think the reference to "retarded" is less than politically correct).

Nevertheless, my criticism stands. We scouted a good prospect, well done. We shipped a load of youngsters out to another 2nd league outfit, and are paying them out of the money paid to Leeds by supporters.

jimmybn
26-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Not being fortunate enough to benefit from the Spanish sun, I bow to your wisdom on the sh1tholes or where they might be. To compare scouting someone like Saiz with hoovering up relatively large quantities of U18-U21 players and shipping them out to a "sh1thole" in order to "develop" them, whilst paying their salaries from the proceeds of gate receipts etc at ER is a bit of a stretch.

I don't need to know where these places are to determine that scouting a player and the other "thing" are very different propositions. (and lets not forget that Saiz played with Real & Atletico before Huesca.

And as for the wonderfully presumptious post (#14) from Jimmy (content of which is hardly surprising), it's nice to know that all you girls now have a spokesman, congratulations. Jimmy, come on, don't be lazy, you get that brown nose to the grindstone and look up some examples of my "trotting out utter bollox" (not sure how I can be "trolling the director of football" (indeed, not having mentioned his name), when Sacko arrived at ER some time before Orta, loanee or not?).

Note, for the record, I have never suggested we should or should not employ "spics", dodgy or otherwise (and you probably know the term usually refers to "a Spanish-speaking person from Central or South America or the Caribbean, especially Mexican", not natives of Spain, ok pumpkin?)

Unfortunately for all on here, yet more bollox is just around the corner from yourself WTF . Hopefully the result goes Leeds way tonight and your back your cave :)

WTF11
26-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately for all on here, yet more bollox is just around the corner from yourself WTF . Hopefully the result goes Leeds way tonight and your back your cave :)

And you call me predictable, I think you, BB and Tich really should get a room. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

As for the result tonight, just wtf has this thread to do with that (unless of course in whatever wet dream you are having, you think Sacko will come on and get a hat-trick?) ?

CromerWhite
26-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Read and digest, pumpkin

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/03/03/388705810/spic-o-rama-where-spic-comes-from-and-where-its-going

Where the reference comes from is irrelevant, as are most of the replies to my posts, as it's usually easier to throw insults at me than answer the footballing issues I raise.

Fact remains, scouting a little known player as potential for the Leeds 1st team is a huge step away from farming out a bunch of youngsters to the "sh1thole" (your word remember) that is Leonesca and paying for their salaries from the proceeds of Leeds supporters ticket sales etc.

No doubt we are paying a fair amount of Coyle and Dentons wages. Not sure about Denton but Coyle seems to be having a cracking time out on loan and gaining valuable experience.

Wonder if Hamburg fans are bitching about paying the vast majority of Lassoga's wages?

Anyhow from what I can tell Bouy is the only Leeds player at this so called feeder club, we got him on a free even if he never plays for Leeds and we sell him for 150k to a second division Spanish club but only pay him 50k in wages that's good business.