PDA

View Full Version : Greg Tansey

awafaehame
09-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Signs a three year deal with the Dons earlier today.

Welcome to the only Scottish club to have won two Euro trophies Greg, show a bit of dig in the middle alongside Shinnie, as we have been missing it for years.

Linked the BBC story, doubting the last sentence though, thought we signed Rooney from Oldham?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40224351

sheepcrooky
09-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Signs a three year deal with the Dons earlier today.

Welcome to the only Scottish club to have won two Euro trophies Greg, show a bit of dig in the middle alongside Shinnie, as we have been missing it for years.

Linked the BBC story, doubting the last sentence though, thought we signed Rooney from Oldham?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40224351
For once the BBC is accurate "moved to the Dons after having played for ICT", didn't say "directly from ICT".

Welcome aboard Greg. If you are half as successful as messrs Shinnie, Hayes & Rooney you'll be a good signing (oh.......and if you snap that little cvnt Jack in your first game, legendary status awaits). :heart: AFC

Pacman1903
10-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Welcome aboard min. You look like you have a bit of dig about you(everytime ive seen you)

Get stuck in loon

standfreelee
11-06-2017, 07:18 AM
i like him inna. think he ll be another good signing. welcome to the dons greg

Mason89
30-11-2017, 05:24 PM
I don’t have the loyalty points to comment

RedStarTorphins
30-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Not meaning to single one guy out from this seasons debacle but fit's fit with this guy?

Is he still not up to fitness? Those who remember him, can he do more?
Freely admit to never noticing this player (it was Draper who caught the eye at ICT) & that was when I was still going to games.

Is there more to him than we've seen? I mean I know it must be hard, being in & out of a duff team, but we were willing to pay £200k for him...

On what I’ve seen so far, he’s nowhere near good enough.
One paced, not great in tackle & his set piece delivery isn’t what it’s made out to be.
He’s a “Dundee” level player.

curvasud
30-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Not meaning to single one guy out from this seasons debacle but fit's fit with this guy?

Is he still not up to fitness? Those who remember him, can he do more?
Freely admit to never noticing this player (it was Draper who caught the eye at ICT) & that was when I was still going to games.

Is there more to him than we've seen? I mean I know it must be hard, being in & out of a duff team, but we were willing to pay £200k for him...

He was ****e for ICT after we tried to sign him in 2016 (for money FFS). Their fans hated him, especially while they were being relegated.

He is truly awful. I can't remember a player so far off the pace for maybe 14 years.

87kilos
30-11-2017, 07:30 PM
He was ****e for ICT after we tried to sign him in 2016 (for money FFS). Their fans hated him, especially while they were being relegated.

He is truly awful. I can't remember a player so far off the pace for maybe 14 years.

Mark Kerr!

And before that David "the snail" Winnie!

InversneckieDob
30-11-2017, 07:50 PM
He had a cracking game at County earlier on but since the run up to, and post, the operation...........

RED_JOHN
30-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Pansy has been a signing failure who offers us absolutely nothing. Show him the door in January by telling him to find a new club.
I really was led to believe he had great delivery and a physical presence... Couldn't be further from the truth. A few mistimed tackles does not make you a physical player.

Mr_Grieves
30-11-2017, 11:54 PM
His last 3 matches have been unbelievably bad. Hopefully its just a fitness issue or else we're really fvcked.

Aldo1983
01-12-2017, 11:17 AM
He has stuff going on personally, might be why he's so pish.

Landvetter83
01-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Expand.

Source?

RED_JOHN
01-12-2017, 06:21 PM

Most personal issues should not affect his football abilities...he must be weak minded and let things get to himself easily. If it was a major issue...our manager should have made the decision for him and pulled him out of the squad.

irnbru1903
01-12-2017, 09:20 PM
On the evidence I have seen pre and post operation he is not quite good enough for us to be moving in the right direction or even maintaining our current position. I would say the same about O'Conner as well though. Perfectly adequate as back up but just not quite first team material going forward.

InversneckieDob
02-12-2017, 12:08 AM

Matters that are sub judice as I understood the position.

ByeByeScum2012
02-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Matters that are sub judice as I understood the position.

The plot thickens

RedStarTorphins
02-12-2017, 08:53 AM
On the evidence I have seen pre and post operation he is not quite good enough for us to be moving in the right direction or even maintaining our current position. I would say the same about O'Conner as well though. Perfectly adequate as back up but just not quite first team material going forward.

Spot on. Subs & back up (both Tansey & AOC).
The fact AOC has played every game this season shows we’ve regressed.

Folk who say we wouldn’t miss Jack were wrong.
He’s easily better than both.
We miss Hayes & McGinn more.

We’re a weaker team that’s for sure.

Pacman1903
08-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Away to Ross County on loan according to the EE

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Away to Ross County on loan according to the EE

That’s about his level.

awafaehame
08-01-2018, 04:05 PM
That’s about his level.

Certainly not going to lose sleep over this. Hope he makes the move permanent, been a terrible signing, and I started this thread welcoming him to the club!!!

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Certainly not going to lose sleep over this. Hope he makes the move permanent, been a terrible signing, and I started this thread welcoming him to the club!!!

Folk saying he was an upgrade (or at least not a downgrade) on Jack are way off the mark.
I assume DM has a replacement lined up.
I’ll hazard a guess at a loanee from England

Feck_the_Huns
08-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Folk saying he was an upgrade (or at least not a downgrade) on Jack are way off the mark.
I assume DM has a replacement lined up.
I’ll hazard a guess at a loanee from England

I assume that there now will be no way that McLean is leaving in January, unless an astronimical bid comes in?

Heard all kinds of midfield rumours today; McGeoch, Henderson, Docherty.

And then on a different tact, Jason Cummings

Pacman1903
08-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Id have Cumming but he has to get rid of that riddiculous hair. Its abysmal

87kilos
08-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Docherty linked to Sevco, the begging bowl must be out as they sure as hell can't pay a fee for the lad as he's under contract.

We need two midfielders.

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Id have Cumming but he has to get rid of that riddiculous hair. Its abysmal

I personally think Jason Cummings is massively over-rated & his attitude stinks.
Billy big baws

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2018, 09:17 PM
I assume that there now will be no way that McLean is leaving in January, unless an astronimical bid comes in?

Heard all kinds of midfield rumours today; McGeoch, Henderson, Docherty.

And then on a different tact, Jason Cummings

Henderson on trial in Italy somewhere.

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2018, 09:19 PM
As I eluded to in my previous post, my guess is a 21 year old who we’ve never heard of who’s not getting game time at Sheffield United/Barnsley or the like.

Aldo1983
08-01-2018, 10:07 PM
I personally think Jason Cummings is massively over-rated & his attitude stinks.
Billy big baws

Im with you. Hibs fans were frustrated by him. They've not missed him either.

VandeVen7
08-01-2018, 10:47 PM
It is fairly likely that Jacob Davenport of Man City will join on loan. We will very likely see a Man City youth join on loan and likely will be him.

torry_battery_ram
08-01-2018, 11:11 PM
It is fairly likely that Jacob Davenport of Man City will join on loan. We will very likely see a Man City youth join on loan and likely will be him.

Hope he's as successful for us as Patrick Roberts has been for Timmys

ragnarok
09-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Tansey was clearly rated by DM and I think most of us had high hopes for him in a Dons shirt. Shame it hasn't worked out.

Loans of untested young players are always hit and miss but we've had some decent loanees in recent years - Ward, Hector, Maddison. Someone of that calibre for 6 months would be acceptable.

RedStarTorphins
09-01-2018, 06:48 AM

A quick check on google would suggest he’s a player to keep the physio busy.

Pacman1903
09-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Excellent. A loan

Don_Corleone
09-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Whatever McInnes has seen in Tansey obviously hasn't materialised in his time here - not the level of player we need if we want to stay in 2nd place and challenge for trophies.

Seems obvious that we will bring in a midfielder during this window to fill the gap. I assume Tansey will make the switch permanent in summer providing the loan goes ok. I've no idea who we will bring in - more than likely a loanee from down south as already suggested. I would like us to make a move to sign Liam Henderson from Celtic on a permanent deal though - I think he's a good level of player who will have aspirations to play for Scotland. Still young, has proved his ability when given the chance at Celtic and at Hibs and would be a step up from Tansey. Seems to be other interest in him though so doubt we'd get him.

87kilos
09-01-2018, 11:51 AM
I think there has been an issue with Tansey, McInnes is on record saying he doesn't tolerate lazy players and there is no room for lazy players at Aberdeen.

Whoever we bring in it needs to be a player of good ability and someone who can go straight into the team and improve the side.

afc_1983
09-01-2018, 12:07 PM
I think there has been an issue with Tansey, McInnes is on record saying he doesn't tolerate lazy players and there is no room for lazy players at Aberdeen.

Whoever we bring in it needs to be a player of good ability and someone who can go straight into the team and improve the side.

No idea if there is an issue between Tansey and McInnes or not, but Tansey was extremely lazy in that first half at Ibrox where he failed to track the run for Rangers' second goal and generally appeared well off the pace. He also gave the penalty away for their first goal.

He's not impressed me in the little I've seen of him and agree we should be looking at someone like Liam Henderson if he's available. We still lack bite in the middle of the park - Anthony O'Connor is not an acceptable solution there either.

afc1903mad
09-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Excellent. A loan

The squad is bigger and better than before the window opened.

One loan in - potential
One loan out.
One Niall McGinn - Signed

Pacman1903
09-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Thumbs up to the Niall signing. No doubt about it.

Why do we need an unknown youth player from England to replace a player that never plays. Surely we have a player on the books that can replace Tanseys 11 appearances is what im getting at

donsdaft
09-01-2018, 01:02 PM
The Tansey signing was a strange one in the first place.
I never noticed him playing against us.
Come to think of it I never noticed him playing for us either.

afc1903mad
09-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Thumbs up to the Niall signing. No doubt about it.

Why do we need an unknown youth player from England to replace a player that never plays. Surely we have a player on the books that can replace Tanseys 11 appearances is what im getting at

I agree to an extent, you'd like to think the likes of Frank Ross would get more opportunities.
However, Jacob Davenport has apparently caught Pep Guardiola's eye as well as the succession of youth team managers, he also is the Man City Development Squads captain.
Maybe he is better than what we have, not good enough to get a first team place and there may be an option to get him for longer here.
Certainly there can't be a downside if we have reduced our wage bill by moving Tansay out.
This may even have nothing to do with Tansey and allow Ball to move on.

afc1903mad
09-01-2018, 01:51 PM
The Tansey signing was a strange one in the first place.
I never noticed him playing against us.
Come to think of it I never noticed him playing for us either.

Theres still an opportunity for Tansey.
I think there is a decent player in there, but for whatever reason (injury / Settling in the area / issue with McInnes), he will benefit from the 6 month loan if he can get a run of games.
Whether he comes back then ready to restart his career here or is shipped off we'll wait and see