PDA

View Full Version : Transfer "policy"?

vikingwarriorking
12-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Again we are floundering
Surely the recruitment team had a wish list ? yet we seem to be asking about Tom , Dick & Harry
I would have thought we would have targets and prices before the end of last season
But apparently not.
Carvalho, Delph even Taylor- names but no substance..... & , imho, no chance
Every day a new name- currently McCarthy a player who can't get regular 1st team football with Everton a team who for so long were 1 place above us.
We'll be scrabbling around last minute as ever looking for frees, loans etc
If the transfer kitty is £40m we are in trouble.
Read this and weep - "bigger clubs" like Bournemouth, Palace Watford ffs always get in , get it done whilst we spend ages faffing about
AND.............................

If Pulis goes. love or hate him, we are relegated.

Every close season , the same; one day we'll be caught out

And I think I'm going to bet on it- 6 to 1 @ Bet365

goodlordmurphy
12-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Again we are floundering
Surely the recruitment team had a wish list ? yet we seem to be asking about Tom , Dick & Harry
I would have thought we would have targets and prices before the end of last season
But apparently not.
Carvalho, Delph even Taylor- names but no substance..... & , imho, no chance
Every day a new name- currently McCarthy a player who can't get regular 1st team football with Everton a team who for so long were 1 place above us.
We'll be scrabbling around last minute as ever looking for frees, loans etc
If the transfer kitty is £40m we are in trouble.
Read this and weep - "bigger clubs" like Bournemouth, Palace Watford ffs always get in , get it done whilst we spend ages faffing about
AND.............................

If Pulis goes. love or hate him, we are relegated.

Every close season , the same; one day we'll be caught out

And I think I'm going to bet on it- 6 to 1 @ Bet365

I don't think Pulis will get masses of money to waste on players that are sub standard, to which his transfer record is proven.
It is always a problem when a manager keeps teams up through defensive preference, it's alright for a while but ultimately the players want to play football.

If he (Pulis) stays and considering his record of never been relegated your bet would be a big gamble, as although he gets up a lot of peoples backs he does tend to confound his critics

If he leaves I have always said the following manager/head coach would be on a loser, unless we manage to get another as bloody minded as TP.

holmleighchris
12-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I feel, the way things are looking, his non relegation record will be gone next May if he stays with us. Alternatively if he goes the new bloke will carry the can for us dropping.
The question is: does our Chinese owner realise the price he will pay if we do go down? I realise he is a business man and is looking to make a profit each season out of the club but if he doesn't invest heavily in the squad his asset (the club) will be worth millions less.
It seems he doesn't know this or he is very naive when it comes to football.

vikingwarriorking
12-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I feel, the way things are looking, his non relegation record will be gone next May if he stays with us. Alternatively if he goes the new bloke will carry the can for us dropping.
The question is: does our Chinese owner realise the price he will pay if we do go down? I realise he is a business man and is looking to make a profit each season out of the club but if he doesn't invest heavily in the squad his asset (the club) will be worth millions less.
It seems he doesn't know this or he is very naive when it comes to football.

He paid stupid money for the club-£200m- so needs to get it back by frugal investment.
He probably believes the TP /never relegated will be enough
And Fletcher & Morrison either gone or knobbled so gaps to fill even before adding
It ain't going to happen
I think TP will be in high demand by Xmas when the wheels fall off for some other club
If we go down with this ownership and with Peace still in background we'll never get out

talkSAFT
12-06-2017, 04:31 PM
I really can't see the point of having Transfer Windows.
Why not buy and sell throughout the Year? What happens is that no deals are ever done until Aug 31st.
Clubs like Albion show interest in the players they've identified, and the player leaves it with his Agent, who makes us sweat until deadline-day (hoping that a better offer comes along - ie a bigger Club with a bigger salary offer.)
This wouldn't happen if they scrapped The Window.

Johnny on the spot 1
12-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Its all so crap & frustrating , i do fear the worst with this policy,

holmleighchris
13-06-2017, 05:55 AM
I really can't see the point of having Transfer Windows.
Why not buy and sell throughout the Year? What happens is that no deals are ever done until Aug 31st.
Clubs like Albion show interest in the players they've identified, and the player leaves it with his Agent, who makes us sweat until deadline-day (hoping that a better offer comes along - ie a bigger Club with a bigger salary offer.)
This wouldn't happen if they scrapped The Window.

Back in the day the window used to close in March if I remember correctly. A return to that would be a good move I feel.

goodlordmurphy
13-06-2017, 06:09 AM
In business no one should be allowed to tell you when you can or cannot trade, the buying and selling of players is a major factor in the football business. windows are probably illegal somewhere in the depths of European law.

Q165
14-06-2017, 05:44 AM
It has been stated that the average age of the squad must be reduced. But I read again this morning of links with John Terry. Surely not.

Albionmad
14-06-2017, 06:26 AM
I don't want Terry anywhere near our club. I'll seriously consider taking a sabbatical if he joins us.
We can get younger more energetic players than him for half the wages he'd be on

baggieal
14-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I don't want Terry anywhere near our club. I'll seriously consider taking a sabbatical if he joins us.
We can get younger more energetic players than him for half the wages he'd be on

Don't like the guy and his legs are finished. Think this is just paper crap! Then again, it didn't stop us getting old crocks like Anelka and Kanu.

Would Tony Adams get his boots back on - as he's more West Brom!

Whicka_Mon
14-06-2017, 11:43 AM

terry won't come if Golden Boy Fletcher couldn't get two years out of them he isn't.
Unfortunately mate our manager looks for "run of the mill journeymen". Technical ability, doing the unexpected, pace, skill and a mind of their own is not qualities Pulis looks for in a player. Leko has more technical ability in his standing foot than McClean has in either and so did Sessagnon. But McClean runs up and down a lot so he gets the nod everytime.
We will not progress as a football club while Pulis is the manager.
We have not signed a player yet but i tell you what i think. Regardless of who we sign the starting eleven for the first match of the season will be Foster, Dawson, GMac, Evans, Nyom, Livermore, Yacob, Brunt, Chadli, McClean, Rondon.

baggieal
14-06-2017, 01:38 PM
terry won't come if Golden Boy Fletcher couldn't get two years out of them he isn't.
Unfortunately mate our manager looks for "run of the mill journeymen". Technical ability, doing the unexpected, pace, skill and a mind of their own is not qualities Pulis looks for in a player. Leko has more technical ability in his standing foot than McClean has in either and so did Sessagnon. But McClean runs up and down a lot so he gets the nod everytime.
We will not progress as a football club while Pulis is the manager.
We have not signed a player yet but i tell you what i think. Regardless of who we sign the starting eleven for the first match of the season will be Foster, Dawson, GMac, Evans, Nyom, Livermore, Yacob, Brunt, Chadli, McClean, Rondon.

Pulis does not hold the purse strings! Any player ( apart from a few ) would join a club for money even if the other 10 players were nutters or swung both ways!

Fletcher went to Stoke for MORE money which is a fact as know from inside! Defoe really really did not go to Bournemouth to sit on the beach eating a chunk of sticky rock. Bournemouth could have been the Bournemouth Academy of Nutters for all he cared - as long as the club paid 80K a week!

Talking about Bournemouth we have them first game. Must be Pulis's fault that the fixture fell like that and definitely his fault that we have Palace away last game! In fact, Pulis should be blamed for the crap new strip and those stupid player illustrations on the stand!

PS - the band in the fan zone being garbage is even the fault of Pulis!!!!

mickd1961
14-06-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd be happy for Terry to sign.

He'd bring down the average age of the squad!

Whicka_Mon
14-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Pulis does not hold the purse strings! Any player ( apart from a few ) would join a club for money even if the other 10 players were nutters or swung both ways!

Fletcher went to Stoke for MORE money which is a fact as know from inside! Defoe really really did not go to Bournemouth to sit on the beach eating a chunk of sticky rock. Bournemouth could have been the Bournemouth Academy of Nutters for all he cared - as long as the club paid 80K a week!

Talking about Bournemouth we have them first game. Must be Pulis's fault that the fixture fell like that and definitely his fault that we have Palace away last game! In fact, Pulis should be blamed for the crap new strip and those stupid player illustrations on the stand!

PS - the band in the fan zone being garbage is even the fault of Pulis!!!!
What is Pulis' fault is the way we approach games and the absolute dross which is serve up on the pitch.
He has the final say on transfers. His words not mine. Oh I forgot he only takes credit for the good signings. All the bad ones are someone elses.
Let's see how much he reduces the age of the squad and how much quality in the final third he signs.
Please respond with mentioning the words Bournemouth, Fletcher and Defoe. Go on you can do it.

Whicka_Mon
14-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Al
Genuine question.
If money was no object. Would you give Pulis lets say £100m to spend? Bearing in mind he had the pitch reduced in size when Stoke were in Europe to ensure football wasn't played on it

baggieal
14-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Al
Genuine question.
If money was no object. Would you give Pulis lets say £100m to spend? Bearing in mind he had the pitch reduced in size when Stoke were in Europe to ensure football wasn't played on it

Genuine answer - with 50 million available, I would get rid of Pulis but only to replace him with a proven alternative premiership manager, or of that level from overseas. Benitez and Ranieri would be two, I would like to see.

With same old same old, in terms of balancing player salaries, and West Brom being West Brom - premiership safety is a must!

So Whicka - for a moment you have shrunk and you eat with chopsticks and are Mr Lai - Option 1 would you think finishing 10th ( could have been 8th ) is not what you would want again for 17/18 thinking it will take close to 100 million to overtake lets say Everton in 7th or would you:

Option 2 - Keep with someone like Pulis who is more than a safe bet for premiership survival, and ensure the outgoings are no where near the incomings meaning another fat profit? Being in the Fast East - the Jeremy Peace business model will be racked on his mind!

You know, as well as me - he will go with option 2 every time!!!!

There you have it! So no - I don't particularly like Pulis, but to gamble on someone in a lower division is plain crazy. I rate Steve Bruce but with all their money at Villa ( far more than West Brom ), even Brucie could not wave his magic wand.

goodlordmurphy
14-06-2017, 08:00 PM
An observation...there are a few on here that often take the peewee out of Villa, Wolves and sometimes Stoke...saying how they have spent mega bucks and still failed to do any good...which is the truth, it's there for all to see.

Yet those same people are advocating giving Pulis mega bucks to spend...with his track record?...I don't think so people.

baggieal
14-06-2017, 08:48 PM
An observation...there are a few on here that often take the peewee out of Villa, Wolves and sometimes Stoke...saying how they have spent mega bucks and still failed to do any good...which is the truth, it's there for all to see.

Yet those same people are advocating giving Pulis mega bucks to spend...with his track record?...I don't think so people.

Could you enlighten me about this track record GLM please! Please do not mention Chester who was coming before Pulis joined! Do mention Evans our best player who we have just turned down today almost double to what we paid! You may want to also mention Fletcher who has been great albeit left for more cash, Matt Philips who was our best player last year, Livermore ( decent signing for money ) and now plays for England, Nyom who is decent signed for peanuts, and Lescott where a 2 million profit was made. You could also say Brunt had one of his best seasons last year, when many of our fickle supporters were calling for his head well before Pulis came. Whilst, McClean is not fantastic, nobody works harder and convince me of another player who you could get to come in for 1.5 million. Yes 1.5 million which is less than what Peace robbed out of the club on his salary in the last year before taking his almost 200 million.

Come on - waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggg

goodlordmurphy
14-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Could you enlighten me about this track record GLM please! Please do not mention Chester who was coming before Pulis joined! Do mention Evans our best player who we have just turned down today almost double to what we paid! You may want to also mention Fletcher who has been great albeit left for more cash, Matt Philips who was our best player last year, Livermore ( decent signing for money ) and now plays for England, Nyom who is decent signed for peanuts, and Lescott where a 2 million profit was made. You could also say Brunt had one of his best seasons last year, when many of our fickle supporters were calling for his head well before Pulis came. Whilst, McClean is not fantastic, nobody works harder and convince me of another player who you could get to come in for 1.5 million. Yes 1.5 million which is less than what Peace robbed out of the club on his salary in the last year before taking his almost 200 million.

Come on - waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggg

It was as I said just an observation, I would not like to enter into a discussion whereby you tell me who I can talk about and who I can't talk about. I don't want to discuss the merits of Chris Brunt in a discussion regarding Pulis signings, nor do I want to talk about Mr Peace's business acumen.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 06:37 AM
It was as I said just an observation, I would not like to enter into a discussion whereby you tell me who I can talk about and who I can't talk about. I don't want to discuss the merits of Chris Brunt in a discussion regarding Pulis signings, nor do I want to talk about Mr Peace's business acumen.

Lets hear it then - you tell us about Pulis's track record on transfer signings in your own words?

To be helpful - do you want me to list all the signings and perhaps forward photographs?

PS - you will be saying next Pogba was better value for money than Jonny Evans :O :O

albion68
15-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Ffs lads,we are the baggies not them deluded big time Charlie's up the road and down the street .one was a big club (so I'm told) and the other thinks there a big club.lets be thankful what we got .

baggieal
15-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Ffs lads,we are the baggies not them deluded big time Charlie's up the road and down the street .one was a big club (so I'm told) and the other thinks there a big club.lets be thankful what we got .

I agree! Finishing tenth with survival guaranteed months in advance is not enough for some. If we finished above Everton in seventh Pulis would still be blamed.

Sadly, people can look no further than a patched up squad which is threadbare! Professional pundits and other managers think Pulis has done a decent job with the resources to hand but hey some of our own don't - and that's many who don't even go near B71!

Whicka_Mon
15-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I agree! Finishing tenth with survival guaranteed months in advance is not enough for some. If we finished above Everton in seventh Pulis would still be blamed.

Sadly, people can look no further than a patched up squad which is threadbare! Professional pundits and other managers think Pulis has done a decent job with the resources to hand but hey some of our own don't - and that's many who don't even go near B71!

As i have said a million times The only home game i have missed in recent times i can remember is a Chelsea defeat ( i think Robben got sent off). Look at the form in 2017. Now you tell me where our next win is coming from with this bloke in charge. Can you not see what direction we are going? We cannot beat, or score even against ANYONE.
His only quality signings have been Evans, Chadli and maybe Fletcher. The rest (Nyom, McClean, Rondon etc.) we have got by with. Phillips is what he is before we signed him. Made of glass and injury prone. Chester was signed six months after Pulis took over and don't forget he has the final say on transfers. £13 million wasted on Chester and Macmanaman in his first six months.
If i was Mr Lai i wouldn't trust him to buy a loaf of bread. He'd probably come back with a centre half.
Get rid now so i can look forward to the coming season.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 12:19 PM
As i have said a million times The only home game i have missed in recent times i can remember is a Chelsea defeat ( i think Robben got sent off). Look at the form in 2017. Now you tell me where our next win is coming from with this bloke in charge. Can you not see what direction we are going? We cannot beat, or score even against ANYONE.
His only quality signings have been Evans, Chadli and maybe Fletcher. The rest (Nyom, McClean, Rondon etc.) we have got by with. Phillips is what he is before we signed him. Made of glass and injury prone. Chester was signed six months after Pulis took over and don't forget he has the final say on transfers. £13 million wasted on Chester and Macmanaman in his first six months.
If i was Mr Lai i wouldn't trust him to buy a loaf of bread. He'd probably come back with a centre half.
Get rid now so i can look forward to the coming season.

We must go to different games then! Phillips got injured and not many come back quickly from a hamstring, but he was one of our best players and for the money - a bargain! Chester was coming in well before Pulis came to the club and an agreement was already in place. Lescott was sold at a good profit and McClean ( still decent but yes there's better ) was bought for 1.5 million. How many clubs would snap him up for 1.5 million? Nyom has been decent for peanuts. Macmanaman was a poor signing but then he's been injured and at 4.5 million, the club no doubt will get their money back.

Well we can not score against anyone - not the fault of Pulis that Rondon can't put away sitters is it! Defoe scored 15 with a load of garbage around him.................. Are you telling me Pulis would rather have Robson Kanu over say Nasri, Delph or Costa?

The difference is Robson Kanu is within the West Brom budget and the other three players mentioned would be something a club like West Brom dream about!

If a top class carpenter has got the right tools then his joinery will be first class. If the carpenter has lesser quality tools at his disposal, then you get what you pay for! Bit like food in Aldi as opposed to Waitrose!

talkSAFT
15-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Income 2016-17 is about (say) £140m (incl 120 from the League, 7 through the Gate, 13 from Commercial).
Wages 2016-17 were 84 (does that include ALL Staff?) Other Overheads (say) 10.

Very broad-brush, but our Wages were (I think) the 14th highest in the Prem.
How much would they be if we had a FULL squad? (Our bench was only just filled with Youth players earning not too much, you'd imagine).
Say we got really ambitious and aimed for Top 6: The Wage Bill would have to be more like 100 (minimum)

That wouldn't leave a lot to spend really at today's inflated Transfer Fees. This Summer we might push the boat out and spend the Berahino money, but we'd need to bank another 25 from Rondon to get a decent Bank Balance first.

We can set our sights slightly higher, and perhaps Mr.Lai can see a future worth paying £175m for, but those Peace bashers have to appreciate that he just didn't want to tip us over the top. If he had splashed the cash the way some would have liked we'd be sat where our other WM neighbours are now (and I don't mean Villa/Wo1ve5/Blues).
The future certainly doesn't look that bright, but we'll never attract the Ibramoviches, who see 'their' Club as a plaything. Instead of wishing for the impossible, I'll just go for wishing for a Head Coach who listens to the fans (as Pulis did mid-season), and models a team who play some football to make us proud again. If Pulis could be made to REVIEW last season, he would notice that the times we played some football was the time we changed from relegation certainties to 8th place. Most of it was when Phillips was fit, Morrison and Brunt were allowed to play the way they can, and Rondon scored goals because we were always attacking.

I won't thank Pulis for keeping us up with 30% possession (and 60% pass completion) at home. But I will thank him if we go all out having brought in some proper footballers.

Whicka_Mon
15-06-2017, 01:24 PM
We must go to different games then! Phillips got injured and not many come back quickly from a hamstring, but he was one of our best players and for the money - a bargain! Chester was coming in well before Pulis came to the club and an agreement was already in place. Lescott was sold at a good profit and McClean ( still decent but yes there's better ) was bought for 1.5 million. How many clubs would snap him up for 1.5 million? Nyom has been decent for peanuts. Macmanaman was a poor signing but then he's been injured and at 4.5 million, the club no doubt will get their money back.

Well we can not score against anyone - not the fault of Pulis that Rondon can't put away sitters is it! Defoe scored 15 with a load of garbage around him.................. Are you telling me Pulis would rather have Robson Kanu over say Nasri, Delph or Costa?

The difference is Robson Kanu is within the West Brom budget and the other three players mentioned would be something a club like West Brom dream about!

If a top class carpenter has got the right tools then his joinery will be first class. If the carpenter has lesser quality tools at his disposal, then you get what you pay for! Bit like food in Aldi as opposed to Waitrose!
You mentioned Defoe again you cor help it can you.
Fact
Pulis came in Christmas. Chester signed the following June . Seven months later. Yet you say it was the done deal prior to Pulis arriving. Are you serious??
If we had Nasri Pulis wouldn't play him. He doesn't fit the criteria.
That Rondon you keep mentioning is rubbish as well another Pulis signing.
Philips played well for two months I agree but he was injury prone before we signed him.
We don't go to different games. You just see the result and the entertainment can do one. He's brainwashed you to being happy just being dull and average.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Income 2016-17 is about (say) £140m (incl 120 from the League, 7 through the Gate, 13 from Commercial).

How much would they be if we had a FULL squad? (Our bench was only just filled with Youth players earning not too much, you'd imagine).
Say we got really ambitious and aimed for Top 6: The Wage Bill would have to be more like 100 (minimum)

That wouldn't leave a lot to spend really at today's inflated Transfer Fees. This Summer we might push the boat out and spend the Berahino money, but we'd need to bank another 25 from Rondon to get a decent Bank Balance first.

We can set our sights slightly higher, and perhaps Mr.Lai can see a future worth paying £175m for, but those Peace bashers have to appreciate that he just didn't want to tip us over the top. If he had splashed the cash the way some would have liked we'd be sat where our other WM neighbours are now (and I don't mean Villa/Wo1ve5/Blues).
The future certainly doesn't look that bright, but we'll never attract the Ibramoviches, who see 'their' Club as a plaything. Instead of wishing for the impossible, I'll just go for wishing for a Head Coach who listens to the fans (as Pulis did mid-season), and models a team who play some football to make us proud again. If Pulis could be made to REVIEW last season, he would notice that the times we played some football was the time we changed from relegation certainties to 8th place. Most of it was when Phillips was fit, Morrison and Brunt were allowed to play the way they can, and Rondon scored goals because we were always attacking.

I won't thank Pulis for keeping us up with 30% possession (and 60% pass completion) at home. But I will thank him if we go all out having brought in some proper footballers.

Totally agree with all that! I can 100% understand Pulis parking the bus against the top six sides but not against Burnley, Watford, Sunderland, Palace etc and this is my gripe about him. Don't get me wrong, I am not pro Pulis but a lot of the abuse he gets is stupid. There's a lot though he can do for the better....

Purely my view - Fletcher has been good but he was poor in the last few months of the season and I am glad he's moved on. We could do with a creative engine in his place with steel - a better version of Mulumbo in the good days. I also feel we need a top striker - for me Rondon works hard but he's not the quickest - poor first touch and not clinical in front of goal. Remember Odemgreed - in the good days he had the magic - he was quick and his finishing was decent. Still would have Shane Long back even now over Rondon.

Brunt/Morrison will also be out for lengthy spells injured in 17/18 for sure.....................

Whicka_Mon
15-06-2017, 02:02 PM

I can't disagree with any of that.
The history of the man tells me he won't change. This is his squad no one elses. He didn't just inherit it he has been here two and half years. There are kids on the bench because he let seasoned pros leave without replacing them internationals even. He cannot take plaudits for keeping us up with a wafer thin squad when he is part of the reason it is like that in the first place.
I have lost patience waiting for him to change.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 02:22 PM
I can't disagree with any of that.
The history of the man tells me he won't change. This is his squad no one elses. He didn't just inherit it he has been here two and half years. There are kids on the bench because he let seasoned pros leave without replacing them internationals even. He cannot take plaudits for keeping us up with a wafer thin squad when he is part of the reason it is like that in the first place.
I have lost patience waiting for him to change.

Lai will not give a toss about your patience, or indeed mine! Peace/now Lai will laugh all the way to the bank with mid table supremacy - FACT! There's your answer about investment, what the club thinks etc etc

With Sky money - clubs like West Brom won't even care that attendances may dip - FACT!

A leeds supporter was trying to tell me that Leeds are a bigger club than Bournemouth! Fact - Bournemouth have the Sky riches so are a much bigger club than Leeds could ever dream of - on the Balance Sheet of course! Bigger stadium and more supporters in 2017 means very little unless you are a huge global name like Man Utd where merchandising sales rocket!

So will Lai invest just what's needed to patch over the holes and get Pulis a mid table finish or will he try and go for 7th position by investing more than say Everton? These little guys know how to use their cash as well as their chopsticks. The answer is blindingly obvious!

So nobody cares what you, or I think! We are just the mugs who will now contribute to another revenue string. Unlike Roman at Chelsea who actually likes football, I bet Lai would rather have a nice sweet and sour, than watch West Brom actually play.

holmleighchris
15-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Al, you keep blaming Rondon for the lack of goals but the truth is Pulis sets up the team isolating the lad. He missed chances and they are memorable because we create so few nowadays.
Astle, Taylor, Phillips, Regis all regularly missed sitters but had many, many more chances created for them so their record looks impressive and had team mates who would chip in with the odd goal (or in one case 200+) to bail them out.
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Rondon for a young version of any of them but they wouldn't score the amount of goals they did back then under Pulis.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Al, you keep blaming Rondon for the lack of goals but the truth is Pulis sets up the team isolating the lad. He missed chances and they are memorable because we create so few nowadays.
Astle, Taylor, Phillips, Regis all regularly missed sitters but had many, many more chances created for them so their record looks impressive and had team mates who would chip in with the odd goal (or in one case 200+) to bail them out.
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Rondon for a young version of any of them but they wouldn't score the amount of goals they did back then under Pulis.

Yes, I agree Rondon gets so few chances, but he still should put more away! Rondon needs to be fed by a good creative player but who is there? Phillips was good until he was injured and whilst McClean gives 100%, he can't produce that magic. Chadli has been inconsistent since being injured and most Spurs supporters would describe him as what Sunderland supporters described Sess - unplayable on their day, but that day comes around one in every four games!

I am glad Fletcher has moved on although to his credit he did well apart from last few months!

If Lai is serious - what about Nasri or Delph? You know that answer as well as me!

Lai was sold the Jeremy Peace model and this model will continue so for him - mid table - no more investment than getting to mid table, and that's it. You know, it as well, as me and everybody else.

Pulis has many faults, but still don't think anyone will be better with the current squad. Not saying it's not possible, but it would be one hell of a gamble! Do you really think Lai will gamble?

Whicka_Mon
15-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Interestingly Southampton sack their manager after finishing eighth after supporters complain about the style of football.

Whicka_Mon
16-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Apparently the Charlie Taylor deal is off so we can prioritize a centre back and a forward. What's the point of a left back when we can play a right back there. We have no left back at the club whatsoever. That'll be a deal offered to Marc Wilson who cannot kick the ball with his left foot.
I hope its untrue we need proper full backs who can bomb, on bypass the winger and cross the ball.

holmleighchris
16-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Apparently the Charlie Taylor deal is off so we can prioritize a centre back and a forward. What's the point of a left back when we can play a right back there. We have no left back at the club whatsoever. That'll be a deal offered to Marc Wilson who cannot kick the ball with his left foot.
I hope its untrue we need proper full backs who can bomb, on bypass the winger and cross the ball.

How can Marc Wilson or even Nyom be considered by Pulis a better left back than Poco? Just what did the lad do wrong? In a rare game under Pulis he helped keep a clean sheet against Man U and crossed for the winner. What more could he have done to prove himself?

Whicka_Mon
16-06-2017, 06:00 PM
How can Marc Wilson or even Nyom be considered by Pulis a better left back than Poco? Just what did the lad do wrong? In a rare game under Pulis he helped keep a clean sheet against Man U and crossed for the winner. What more could he have done to prove himself?

He's not a centre half mate. I'm not saying Poco was a world beater but he is a better left back than Brunt, Nyom or Wilson. Nyom is a better right back than Dawson. Dawson is an awful right back imo. Cannot cross the ball, has no pace . When the ball is at his feet all he does is clip it down the line.
Pulis does not play full backs he didn't at Stoke. Huth was a full back there. His only plan A is to set a team up to play for set pieces where the more centre halves on the pitch the better.
He will not change as much as we want him to. It never works we always go a goal down. Then is Plan B . Give Nyom the hook and shove Brunt at left back.
My fear is they will give him money, he'll waste it then be sacked by November at which point some other mug will have to deal with the dross that's left.
He's done a job for us (a good one) now it's time for him to move on.

Whicka_Mon
16-06-2017, 06:05 PM
And now we are being linked with Wilfred Bony. Muscle bound and lazy. About as useful as a tree and is fourth or fifth in Stoke's pecking order of strikers.

goodlordmurphy
16-06-2017, 06:35 PM
And now we are being linked with Wilfred Bony. Muscle bound and lazy. About as useful as a tree and is fourth or fifth in Stoke's pecking order of strikers.

Whicka Mon...don't you go knocking trees mate, very handy when the missus is after me.

Just heard that Serge Gnabry who we had on loan but only managed one appearance for Pulis went to Werder Bremen for a paltry £4.25million, played 27 times and scored 11 goals. He has been snapped up by Bayern Munich on a 3 year contract for a sum believed to be 8 million euro's.

goodlordmurphy
16-06-2017, 06:43 PM

A bit like our Jeff missing that one versus Brazil...he made a couple of mistakes and that's all he is remembered by...the man was an International Footballer for christ's sakes. Makes me get uptight to lose out on decent players.

Whicka_Mon
16-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Whicka Mon...don't you go knocking trees mate, very handy when the missus is after me.

Just heard that Serge Gnabry who we had on loan but only managed one appearance for Pulis went to Werder Bremen for a paltry £4.25million, played 27 times and scored 11 goals. He has been snapped up by Bayern Munich on a 3 year contract for a sum believed to be 8 million euro's.
Didn't fit the criteria did he? He probably took three players on in training then didn't track back. I remember when we had Pritchard on loan. I saw him warming up right after he signed, saw the size of him and said to the bloke next to me "There's not a cat in hells chance he'll start in the league. I don't care how good he is"

Johnny on the spot 1
16-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Reading the posts above what a mess we're in & in my opinion & it is only my opinion , i think were going to really struggle this season a long hard season ahead , & if we have to fight other clubs for this that & the other player , we will lose out everytime , we aint never going to sign 6 or 7 quality plays
I feel let down big style & so frustrated,

Whicka_Mon
16-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Reading the posts above what a mess we're in & in my opinion & it is only my opinion , i think were going to really struggle this season a long hard season ahead , & if we have to fight other clubs for this that & the other player , we will lose out everytime , we aint never going to sign 6 or 7 quality plays
I feel let down big style & so frustrated,

So do I mate hence the reason the 400 quid is still sitting in my account and not theirs. Their logic for not singing Charlie Taylor is baffling. Surely one left back is better than none.

saltnshake
16-06-2017, 07:45 PM
So do I mate hence the reason the 400 quid is still sitting in my account and not theirs. Their logic for not singing Charlie Taylor is baffling. Surely one left back is better than none.
The reason for not signing Taylor sounds to me like we simply don't have the funds to bring in the players we want and we will have to make do with a makeshift left back for another season.

Whicka_Mon
17-06-2017, 09:37 AM
I make you right mate. Still strange as he is as close to a free transfer as we'll get. My mate watches Leeds and doesn't rate him. He reckons we should go for Pontus Jansen from them a centre half instead. He'll tick one of our Tone's boxes at least.

baggieal
17-06-2017, 10:06 AM
I make you right mate. Still strange as he is as close to a free transfer as we'll get. My mate watches Leeds and doesn't rate him. He reckons we should go for Pontus Jansen from them a centre half instead. He'll tick one of our Tone's boxes at least.

Mr Lai - can't understand all the fuss and has released the statement below:

克里斯首当其冲的左脚还剩下3年了
Kè lǐsī shǒudāngqíchōng de zuǒ jiǎo hái shèng xià 3 niánle

It says the sweet left foot of Chris Brunt has another 3 years! There you go - we can nab a new player/s from Slough in the pre-season friendly